
Good Morning! Today is Blue Monday at my good friend Sally's blog, Smiling Sally, and I just recently returned from a trip out of state. Many thanks to those of you who emailed or posted to see if I had failed to follow the bread crumb trail back to my blog. I also want to thank you for your lovely birthday wishes. Your kindness and warmth truly made it an extra special day for me. :-)
Today, I'd like to share a tiny bit of blue with you.
Can you guess what this is...
I'll give you another hint. It's something that Professor Debbie of Confessions of a Plate Addict won in my Followers Drawing, and no it's not the border of a plate (Debbie, don't read any further or you will destroy your surprise!)...
Still can't guess...
Okay, let's call in Inspector Clouseau who will take all the pieces of the puzzle and make them fit...

And put them up on a pedestal...
To reveal something whose flesh and blood counterpart lives with Professor Debbie...
He even bears a tiny bit of a resemblance...
To Debbie's very own Baby Kitty...

But wait...
What's that I spy...

I see two sets of eyes...

For just as Professor Debbie has multiple live cats, she now has a pair of these Staffordshire style kitties which also remind me a bit of the Quimper that Debbie loves. I've dubbed these two The Aristocats (in honor of the fact that Debbie is a French teacher and avowed Francophile)...
And while they look old, they were deliberately crazed (crazed as in crackled, not loony)...
They lived at my house for a very long time, but when I was spying on Debbie's blog (I like to spy on the winners and see if there's something they really like), I noticed that she had spotted and admired similar figurines in a shopping excursion. So I decided these needed to go live with her at the Cat House in Atlanta. ;-)
So, Debbie I hope you enjoy them as much as we did over the last fifteen years because I know they will enjoy living with you. This one even has a little grin on his face because he's Georgia-bound and is slated to arrive today...
He and his friend will be arriving with a third gift, a gift that was selected especially for Baby Kitty before I even knew he celebrated a birthday on July 23. Here are the pieces of that gift...
And a photograph (nabbed from Debbie's blog) of Baby Kitty licking his favorite snack... catnip!
Debbie, I hope you all enjoy everything! :-)
And for those of you who haven't already entered, I am having an Older Than Dirt Birthday Giveaway for a gift based on the person who wins. If you win, I will spy on your blog and pick a surprise gift based on what I think you'll like. If you'd like to enter and haven't, please do so by clicking here and signing up on that post. Drawings for the Older Than Dirt Giveaway and the Shiny Object Giveaway (which is closed) will take place within a month.
In the mean time, I am taking an extended blogging break due to household (work taking place in both our residence and retreat) and family commitments (my MIL's milestone birthday I'm helping with), and I will check in with you from time to time.
Here's wishing you a very Happy Blue Monday! Thank you for visiting, and I look forward to visiting you in return! Please join Sally and the other participants by clicking here. It's always fun to see all the blue that's posted.
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
P.S. (8-11-09) If you'd like to see Baby Kitty's reactions to the gifts, click here. It's a hoot!
130 comments:
How sweet you are...I know she will enjoy these gifts of yours!
Have a good break, get things done and come back soon!
xo bj
Shelia, Great cat stuff...So Glad you are back.
For Some reason, I lost the Quintessential Magpie listing on my favorite blogs and it came up older than dirt, etc.
Need to change that.
Happy Monday.
Barbara
Such cute kitties!! I'm sure she will love them!! What a special giveaway! Glad to hear all is well with you, sweetie!!
It seems like this summer has been a busy one for all of us bloggers!! Hope your break is full of fun and that you will soon be able to reclaim some of your privacy!
Blessings and hugs,
Becky
Hey, Sheila! What a great prize, and I like how you revealed it to us.
I am having a big book giveaway. Hope you'll check it out!
Hi Sheila, nice to meet you. What a fun way to do Blue Monday, having that kitty sneak up on us :-)
I adore your banner, btw. It's always summer at my house :-)
Happy Blue Monday!
Julia @ Drawn to the Sea
What a great surprise gift. I hope she enjoys all her new treasures.
How pretty! Debbie is going to just love the special kitty gift from you. Sheila you are truly amazing and so very thoughtful!
Enjoy your blog break my friend. ~Warmly, Melissa :)
Ohhhhhhhh, those are just adorable! You're just a peach!!!
m ^..^
Oh how sweet and kind of you to give your cats away to Debbie who is one lucky woman! Happy Birthday, Sheila! Enjoy your bloggy break!...Christine
How fortunate for her! I love cat things, I search high and low, but never find any statues. I must be in the wrong part of the country. Lovely post.
Cindy
What an elegant -- and generous -- gift, Sheila. I know Debbie is going to be thrilled with her "aristocats."
I hope you enjoy your break and will be back with us soon.
Take care ...
Oh Shiela..so sweet of you...and such a very cute kitties, she sure will like it.
Happy Blue Monday
♥Ita
Happy Blue Monday, Sheila!
What a delightful giftaway!
Since I'm older than dirt, I'm dropping by to enter.
You are too sweet. I need the kitties will enjoy their new home. Have fun with family celebrations and shoooo those dust bunnies out the door and we'll see ya on your return. Happy Belated BD ;-)
Hi Sheila
The cats are so cute. I am sure Debbie will be delighted with them and her daughter too with her lovely gift.
Hope you are enjoying your blogging break. Miss you! I will be taking a break soon too as we are visiting my MIL who is not on-line!
Best Wishes
Lindsay
x
Enjoy your break, sweet Sheila :)
I love, love, love the kitty goodies - too cute!
Can't wait for you to come back...
Lisa
How unselfish of you Sheila, to choose those special kitties for a new home in Atlanta!
You bring so much fun and creativity to all that you do. I think you also should win some sort of award for bringing objects to life. Yeah, I know there is a word for that...escapes me, but I bet you can recall it.
Hugs,
Lisa
That is so special!
What fun opening that package will be for Professor Debbie!
Have a good break.
Come back soon.
Becky K.
Hospitality Lane
Sheila, this is indeed an inspiring post. No doubt Debbie will adore those kitties. You are a dear friend! It's fun to pass along objects of your affection that have been cherished by you. I've tried to do that with my nieces and godchildren. It gives a piece instant sentiment!
Happy Blue Monday and good luck with the upcoming projects at home.
Come visit me anytime at: http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/
You are must love cat as I do. Thank you for visiting me and thanks for sharing. Happy blue monday.
Oh Shelia those are some special gifts and she is going to enjoy them tremendously!!!!! Hope you have a great week. See ya when you return.
What a wonderful gift. I'm sure she'll be delighted. Enjoy your holiday.
Oh Sheila, how sweet is this. You are a lady of many talents. She is a very lucky one indeed. Thank you for your prayers this morning. We certainly will need them. I haven't talked to Debbie this morning but did throughout the night. Amy was begging for pain meds about every 1 hour. She could not have waited another day for this surgery. At least she will be pain free for the time that she is asleep and they are working on her. It will be the most peaceful sleep she has had since she got this cancer 14 months ago. It has been a nightmare. She has also started throwing up several days ago and has been having to take nauseau meds, we don't know what this is all about, as this was something new also. Amy is so afraid about waking up with a trach and a feeding tube. I just pray for God to give her strength when she awakens and not to be afraid. Thanks again honey for everything. You are such a special friend. I will post just as soon as I know something, however we do not look for it to be until really late this evening. I am praying they will come out and give us little reports as to how the surgery is going. Debbie will call. Love, Sherry
Morning, Dear One. I love the little gifts and I'm sure she'll love them. Those little cats!
Hope your day is good.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
What a lucky girl ! You are so generous ! Cute cats.
Welcome back Sheila! :-)
When I saw the sneak peeks, I thought it was some kind of a platter.But it was a kitty after all! :-) How cute. And very sweet too I must say. Her kitties will have beautiful company.
Happy Blue Monday!
Mizpah,
Li
What a great gift and very fitting for the person they are intended for. Loved your post and all your pictures, so cute and fun. Have a great break.
There you are Mrs. Magpie.
I have missed you, but understand that your family and home come first. You know we will always be waiting for your beautiful shinny smily personality to return.
I just spoke to Debbie via email and she's so excited to know what's in the mail. She told me she wasn't aloud to go on her computer till later today.
She will be so happy to know these kitties have been in hour loving home for 15 years... now that is a gift from the heart of the home.
Felicitation Debbie!
Love you Mrs. Magpie
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxo
Such a creative way to share your Blue Monday. What a special gift they will be. . . and thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog!
Hi Sheila, the "aristocats" will love their new home in Atlanta...
Enjoy your break from blogging and visit us whenever you can find some quiet time...hugs, Baba
I'm certain Debbie will be overjoyed with your gifts---I know I would. Do they make a Staffordshirish Rabbit? :)
Glad you had a good trip....a birthday (I just celebrated one, too).
Our gr.boy is doing well. He and his family were over yesterday..he gets bigger every time I see him. His big sister is doing very well...NOW! :) It's hard being the only one for three years, then having to share the attention.
Have a great Blue Monday! Dana
What a delightful post ... filled with mystery and anticipation. Just lovely. Thanks for visiting my Monday Multi-tasking at Sacred Ruminations earlier ;--)
Hugs and blessings,
Quel beau chat! You are so thoughtful Sheila, in choosing the perfect gift. I am also admiring the glimpse of your mantel...
Extra Big Hug Today...
Sue.
Howdy Sheila
What a fabulous post.
Congratulations to Debbie.
You are such an amazing lady !
Loved the photos along with your fantastic way of telling a story .
Thank you for sharing with us all.
Happy Blue Monday .
I wrote a rather long post today,if you get a chance drop by and read about my Blue Monday.
Blessings to you for the coming week.
Thank you so much for all your awesome comments each time you visit.
Big Hugs
Happy Trails
My goodness, Sheila...you are so very generous! You friend will be thrilled with all those fabulous, thoughtful gifts! Who wouldn't be? Have a wonderful day!♥
Hi Sheila!
Your beautiful gift will surely be appreciated by Debbie -- a fellow cat admirer! Thye are so special!
Enjoy your little blog break (which sounds like a busy one...so please make time for some fun too!!) and the extra special birthday of your Mother-in-law ...wish her a very happy birthday from me!
Hugs, Pat
Hello,how very nice of you to give such a cherished item of yours to Debbie.Beautiful !Thanks for dropping by my blog i really appreciate it.
I am hosting a photo challenge this Sunday the 16TH August.Theme-"A view from above", if you like to join -just take a few picture from anywhere....a hill,tree,bridge or maybe something you have in your picture files and post.Drop by my blog for more details,click on the logo at the top.Happy blue monday and hope you have a blessed week.
You have the most interesting giveaways. I've noticed in some of your comments to other bloggers that you do indeed stalk, er ... snoop... uh, I mean peek inside our homes. Thanks for joining in for Blue Monday.
WOW..you are so thoughtful!! She will love those little kitties for another 15 years I am sure!!
Thanks for popping by, so glad to see you again!!
Hugs xOxO, Nerina :)
Hi Sheila, what a great post! Take it from a cat lady, lol.
You know I am always delighted every time I come visit you. I am glad you're busy and enjoying the summer. I've been creating pieces too and not blogging much at all. But I did want to touch base and invite you over.
My new blog site is up - Yippee! Please come visit. I now have my fabulous finished faerie boxes listed in a post - they are just yummy, go have a look; )
Remember, I am now at http://MaidenShade.net so please change any links you may have!
xJ
Hi Shelia
Happy BLUE Monday!
Congratulations to Debbie. What a beautiful gift she'll be receiving. She is so lucky!!
Thats such a wonderful idea to give her the lovely kitties because she is such a kitty person!
thank you for sharing
Judi
Hi Sheila. How fun that Prof Debbie won your give away. I'm glad you had a good trip and now you are back again. Have a good week...
Hey Sheila!
Oh I LOVE these kitties, too! What a fantastic gift for Debbie to win in your giveaway! Love this post too...you are just tooooo sweet!
Thanks so much for stopping by today for Blue Monday. I laughed when you just had to ask about the headboard...then I received the samd question from Terry aka Lady Liberty Patriot. Hmmmm maybe I will tell ya'll the secret..lol!
I totally understand about the bloggie break...we all just have to do that from time to time...Darn housework will get you everytime~lol!
Have a enchanting evening, my sweet!
Hugs,
Lynn♥
~Let FREEDOM Ring!~
Oh! Oh! Oh! Oh! Sheila! I waited until the UPS man came and I could see what's inside to visit Blogland! I LOVE my surprises! You are soooo sweet to send me your "Aristocats" to live at my house! You know they are just perfect and remind me of my Quimper ware, too! They are traveling all arouond the house trying to decide where they like it best! And Baby Kitty loves his present, too. We couldn't help but notice that it was adressed to him...lol. But the other kitties were not juealous because they enjoyed sitting in the boxes and batting the peanuts around! He enjoyed it so much that he licked the frame. (He has a thing for licking.)We appreciate so much your very generous gift. We will take good care of your wonderful kitties and they will be much loved! Thanks again! You are such a sweetie!!!...hugs...Debbie
PS I am taking pics and getting a post ready so you can see how your kitties match my decor!!
Dear Shelia, What a perfect gift for Deb. They are just darling! You are so thoughtful ♥ I will miss you while you are break. I hope you have fun enjoying yourself and come back soon.
Love, Carol and Charli
Sheila, you are too sweet! To make your give-aways so personal! I think that's so wonderful!
I love the idea of you giving your cats a new home with a fellow blogger that you know will love and appreciate them just as much! I'm sure she'll be thrilled.
'Hope you get lots accomplished and enjoy your celebrations!
You really are so sweet.
And thanks for all your wonderful comments to me on my blog, I so appreciate it!
Love,
Eileen
You seem to come up with great features for the cats. Very nice thing you did for your friend. Nice post. Glad you had time to stop for a visit with me.
I love the great trim of the blue colored diamonds on the beatiful cats
Hi Sheila, your cats are a wonderful and generous gift. Debbie should be thrilled. A very nice Blue Monday post too. The cats as a pair are so awesome.
I have been gone so much I have had a hard time keeping up with everyone, I can understand your need to take a break. Blogging is very time consuming. I try to see everyone at least a couple of times a week. I have been so busy trying to catch up with our gardening. Neglect is a painful clean up process. Sigh. Pay the piper my mom always said. LOL.
Have a wonderful break Sheila, and I will look forward to your return.
Love xoxo...Janne
Oops, I mispelled my own name. How did that happen??? big smile here.
Love, Jeanne, AGAIN!
Hello, Happy Blue Monday and thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. What beautiful cat figurines, a lucky winner for sure!
Have a great week, enjoy your blogging break and Happy Belated Birthday!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Oh, Sheila!! I think Debbie will think these gifts are "puuuurfect!" And I think they are absolutely fabulous!! Love the crazed effect. And I think BK will love her gift as well!
Pleae don't be gone too long!!
xoxo
Jane
What a sweet person you are!!!!
You are just the sweetest thing. I know she will enjoy her gifts. Have a great break.. a Happy Happy Birthday.. an older than dirt give away.. you are just too funny... naturally throw my little ole name in the pot.. Have fun.. you'll be missed.. check in when you can..
hugs ~lynne~
Hi Ms. Magpie, I flitted over from Debbie's - Confessions of a Plate Addict. What a great surprise you sent her. You are so creative with that picture frame. Love the photos on your blog!
Xo, Bonnie
GM Shelia...I was just by Debbie's and I want to tell you those Kitty are just awesome at her house...you are indeed a great spy my friend...Happy Birthday to you...and Girl I wear the older than dirt badge now...Hey I was there when Moses parted the Red sea for me to walk across ha ha!! May you have a great day my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
hope you had a nice Blue Monday.
What a tease and a sweetie you are! I've GOT to get to working on Blue Monday. Somehow I always forget, and I have so much BLUE! Bad blogger girl me!
Brenda
Dear Sheila, thanks for telling me you're going on a break, a well deserved break too. I will have to do that occasionally myself when I go out of town in the next month or so. Sometimes we need to get away from these computers! xoxo
Lucky Debbie to get some of your treasures. :)
Hi Sheila, your suggestion made me smile. Sheila 'the dear one' said the same thing. i decided since I have done nothing to decorate my master bath they would be a great inspiration there. A French theme. I have had wallpaper for two years and never started the project. And a big project it is too. I am going to get the wallpaper out and put the plates on it to see how it looks. I'll take a photo and post it. Since wallpaper has been kind of OUT of style I have hesitated to hang it. I do love it very much though.
Watch for my post on Friday.
love ya xoxo, Jeanne
The cat----- help he is coming.... LOL. MB
So good to see your post Sheila--these kitties are lovely and I know they'll enjoy their new home.
Enjoy your break--I have been popping in and out of blogland too. I think it's just the nature of life!
Girl I will miss you while you are out taking care of life! But, I will be here when you get back! Hope Mr. Magpie's mom has a GREAT birthday!!
Thanks for your sweet post!!
Lou Cinda :)
Hi Sheila,
That is so awesome! What wonderful gifts you are sending Debbies Way. You are such a thoughtful person and what a creative post for such a creative gift! I hope it cools down a bit and that you have a nice bloggy break. (come back soon, we'll miss you) We enjoyed our trip to Door County! Hugs, Cindy
Hi Sheila!
Wonderful cats you'r sending to your friend - a very cute catpicture too.
Nice to having your visit on my blog.
Have a nice week!/
AnnA
Your gift was so thoughtful, you are truly the most amazing gift-giver I have ever seen! I know your MIL will be one lucky lady on her birthday!
I hope you enjoyed your trip and will enjoy your break. I will miss you Sheila, you're always such a bright spot when I'm out visiting.
Wonderful, amazing cats chock FULL of personality! I am sure it is hard to give them up, you sweetie you. I am a cat lover too, and have a cat purse that gets some stares. Carrying a kitty purse makes you realize how many other cat lovers are out there, just like you! :)
Oh lucky Debbie!!! What a faboo giveaway! I love that you tailored the gift to the recipient. So crafty Mrs Magpie is! :-)
I got your super sweet note...glad you liked!! I'm headed to the shore house tomorrow after work and can't wait to see what awaits! (Almost want to not go to work tomorrow now...;-)
xo, Laura
Sheila
Fun post!
Glad you visited me although you are on a blogging break.
I can't seem to get much blogging done... having too much fun enjoying my summer at home.
Freezing fresh corn and eating lots of fresh peaches too.
Ahhh summer... soon it will be cold and windy and fall.
Hope you are having time to relax some too.
Sheila,
That sooo sweet of you sharing your treasures to Debbie....I sure Debbie will take good care of them. They are so CUTE! Thanks for stopping by and sweet comments...Happy Blue Monday! Glad you like the rose poem...:D Smiles and Hugs Katherinellen
Hi Sheila! I know Debbie loved that. The kitty photos are great. The gift I won from crock pot Wednesday should be here in a few weeks and I will post a photo to show what I picked out.
Where are you going MIA to? Did you post and I missed it? I'm behind as always on my reading. I cannot keep up. How does everyone do it. There's so many blogs to see and read.
Next month I'm going to Mt Airy, NC for the Mayberry Fest. That should be fun. That will probably be my only get away for the year.
Big hugs!
OH! I was just about to welcome you back and you're off again!!
Glad to hear you are doing well- and planning a party??
Thank you for your sweet, sweet comments on my blog, and those big hugs.
Hope to see you back again soon-
jenny
Hi Shiela,
I too am a cat lover and enjoyed reading this post. Yes, the figure cat does sort of resemble the orange and white kitty.
Happy belated birthday. I hope it was magical in every way. Thank you so much for your visit. I just love reading your comments. Sending fairy wishes for a beautiful day.
Hugs! =D
~Kitty Kellie
I love the pair of cats. It was really exciting scrolling through the pictures to find out what they were! Hope you enjoy your extended blogging break and look forward to your return when your commitments are finished :)
How cute! I love the kitties :) I hope you have a relaxing blogging break.
All the best,
Allison
Just came by after visiting my favorite professor. What a wonderful gift you gave her. I know our paths must have crossed before because I remember the kilt on the chair. Your photos are all so wonderful!
Dawn
Shelia,
It was fun to visit Debbie and see the reaction of ‘Kitty’ when her new B-day gift arrived.
The aristocrats are beautiful and a very generous gift. I can see why Debbie was excited and loved her gifts. They look like they belong and so nice in their new home. I too would say perfecto!
I hope you enjoy a wonderful break from blogging. It sounds like you also have your hands full. I loved being in a sorority and that is when I met Mr B when he was in the corresponding fraternity. Those were great days.:-)
Thanks for your sweet words of support. Blessings and hugs are coming your way.
Love, Beth
Sheila, you're so sweet. I know she will be thrilled.
I hope all is going well. Don't work too hard.
We've got "stuff" going on at our house, too. Good, but it wears you out, doesn't it?!
I'm missing you.
I need to change and put The Quintessential Magpie back on the list, I am still not sure how the older than dirt.....got there.
Happy weekend. Barbara
Hi sheila, I came over to say hello. I hope you are getting all the things on your list completed. I dropped by your gift winner's blog today and I loved it. Her kitty is very cute and your kitty collage is awesome. I want to win your next giveaway. BIG smile.
Love ya my friend...Jeanne
Hi Sheila :)
What a sweetheart you are! I'll bet she loves her gift :)
Don't work too hard while you're on your break. I don't know what's going on, but your comment made me wish I was there to give you a big ol' hug... so here is the best I can do..... ((((hug))))
love to you,
rue
Sheila:
Please come to my blog. Amy has taken a turn for the worse this afternoon. We so need prayers for her lungs. I am so worried. Debbie told me as we spoke she was afraid she would not be bringing Amy home this time. Please pray for her. I love you, Sherry
Sherry, I just checked in and am in agreement with you in prayer. Keep us posted. I left a message on your blog, too.
XO,
Sheila
Love your cat stuff...This summer has been so crazy that I have not visited some of my favorite blogs often. I always enjoy stopping by yours. Have a Happy Sunday! I have a giveaway going through Monday morning.
I must get to know you, you seem to be a kindred spirit of mine...smiling from my blog Once Upon a Fairyland where gnomes, elves, dolls and creativity live. Hope you'll find a moment to stop by!
In kindness...cheers from Washington State!
So thrilled that the happy Prof. was the winner of your lovely give away. Cheers Shelia and here's to another happy, blessed, healthy, and magnificient year!
Happy Twirls on your birthday.
Hey Sheila :) I think I missed this post! Baby Kitty is precious and so are the cats you sent. I *love* that name "Baby Kitty" - I call my kitty that, too!lol
Hope everything's going ok - talk to you soon~xoxo
Today am announcing a FUN giveaway thingie on my post which will begin next Monday... come visit and see what I'm talking about!
Also left something for you on this post!
Enjoy your break...and come back soon!
You are a rock star!!! xxooo
I know your on a bloggy break... but just heard on the news that hurricane "Claudette" is coming thru Fla.
Just so you know I HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS ONE!
I hope everything stays put!
Miss you dear friend, but I hope your having fun.
Just waiting on more company.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxo
Some great images on this post!
Wistfully...I am waltzing about blogland today, I have no new posts yet...but, I am stopping in to say hello. There are many wonderfully pleasing places to visit today...(I am trying to see as many friends as I can)...fingers crossed!
Hope your respite is proving most rejuvenating, My Dear Ms M :)
Sheila: Checking in! Hope rush went well and a great birthday was had!!!
Take Care!
Lou Cinda
Hello, just wanted to leave you a commment to say how much I've enjoyed reading your posts today. You have great pictures too.
Best wishes
Hi Sheila, just a quick I am missing you note. I hope all is well and you are having a wonderful break.
Love, Jeanne
A belated but very happy birthday to you too!
Cute kitties! What a wonderful gift.
Hope you have a good break!
Hugs,
Donna
I've truly missed your posts! They are always so entertaining! Cute cats!
John made it home fine. He got a lecture from the doctor and I noticed he stopped at the pharmacy before he came home. I can't believe it's my bed time already. Monday is nearly here. Hugs
You are too thoughtful! Your knack for knowing just what will touch someone's heart is a gift!
Hi Sheila!! Didn't know if you were checking back for comments but wanted to say "HI" to you, sweetie pie and let you know that I'm thinking of you, missing you, and praying for you!!
May God bless you and keep you and bring you back to us real soon!!
Lots of love!!
Becky
Left you something on my post today so drop by and pick it up!
Jane
MY DEAR FRIEND SHEILA,
WE NEVER KNOW WHEN WE SHARE A PIECE OF OUR HEART TO SOMEONE IN BLOG LAND WHEN THOSE WORDS BECOME LIFE.
ON THE SADDEST NIGHT OF MY MY LIFE, MY HUSBANDS AND MY SONS....A DECISION WAS MADE....I WAS LEFT ALONE IN THE ROOM WITH AMY AND I BEGAN TO SING......WHILE I WAS SINGING I REMEMBERED THE BEAUTIFUL STORY YOU TOLD ME MONTHS AGO HOW YOU AND YOUR SISTER SANG YOUR MOTHER HOME....SO SHE WOULD HEAR YOU SINGING UNTILL SHE HEARD HEAVEN'S ANGELIC CHOIR..........YOU WERE WITH ME IN A WAY YOU NEVER KNEW YOU WERE.....
ONLY AMY HAD TO COME BACK TO TELL ME TO STOP SINGING....I SING HORRIBLE.....I SANG TO HER ...JESUS LOVES ME....THEN IT IS WELL WITH MY SOUL AND THEN AMAZING GRACE.
THANK YOU SO VERY, VERY MUCH FOR SHARING A PIECE OF YOUR HEART WITH ME, MONTHS AGO.
NOW.....
THOSE CATS GOING TO DEBBIE'S ARE BEAUTIFUL....GORGEOUS....I AM SURE SHE DID A HAPPY DANCE.....AND SO WAS THE PICTURE YOU MADE....I HAVE TO GO BACK AND WATCH BABY KITTY'S EXPRESSION.
I MEANT TO TELL YOU THEY DELIVERED THE HOSPITAL BED YESTERDAY AND WE HAVE PLACED AMY IN THE CENTER OF THE LIVING ROOM SO SHE WILL BE A PART OF EVERYTHING.
I ASK HER WHAT GOAL WE WANTED TO SHOOT FOR AND SHE SAID, TO SLEEP THROUGH THE NIGHT IN PEACE......THAT IS WHAT I WOULD LIKE TO ASK YOU AND YOUR FRIEND TO PRAY FOR.
YOU ARE A BLESSING
ANGEL HUGS
LOVE
debbie
Hi Sheila, just a quick hello to let you know I am thinking of you. Thanks for stopping by the other day.
Have a wonderful time off and a happy day.
Hugs xoxo, Jeanne
Morning you! It was so good to hear from you....Happy Birthday to all the sweet birthday girls and especially to you precious friend...yes I know about Amy and she is in my prayers...take care girl and have a great weekend. Love you my friend.
Hi Sheila,
It was kind of you to stop by and leave such a thoughful comment.
You certainly shared some invaluable information about sellers and shipping. Thank you.
We'll all be happy when you're back with us full-time! ;)
Bill
Hello Magpie! thank you for your note on my page, glad to see you are around! Be well, The Hostess
Sheila, what a sweetie you are! I like the kitty cats and I bet she's going to love them!
Hey sweetie, I really appreciate your comments on my blog (even though you're taking a break;)
My cabinets are painted in a color called Almond Cream from Behr. My kitchen is small so it really isn't alot of work for me to change the color on the walls. I hardly have walls. lol
Hi Sheila,
Hurry up and come back, we miss you my dear. Hugs, Cindy
Hello Sheila, I am busy painting inside my house but I came by to say hello and I am missing you girl. Thanks for your sweet comment and checking in. I am always happy to hear from you. I like to know you are alive and kicking!!!
Love xoxo Jeanne
Well, dear Miz Magpie, I have wondered how things are going with you. I sure have missed you and your sweet and cute posts and stories.
Hope you are getting rested...I am wearing my little tiny butt plumb off, trying to stay up with all these NESTERS getting ready for fall. Well, actually, my butt is no longer tiny...it just SEEMS tiny cause I've worked it to the bone!! ANYway, I sure have got a lot done around this ole place this last week and this one....I am ready for a CRUISE !! :)
Hey there Ms M. Wanted to stop by and tell you I miss you and I'm thinking about you. Hope you are well. My life is good even when it's not so good. :-) I'm having a long weekend. Yeah! Hugs
Hi Sheila,
Thanks for stopping by to visit and for welcoming me back from my unintended break. It was good to hear from you...I've missed your lovely posts!
Debbie will love this! You did Good! I love Blue Birds! lol When are you coming back? I loved all the notes you left on mine and hubby blog! I doing great, just tired trying to do this remodel thing, before surgery! I was just looking at homes in Destin for rent for a month. I thinking? Would Doc and Hubby go for it if after surgery I take a month in Florida for recovery? I thinking we could have the girls and grandchildren down for Christmas in Florida! I guess it depends on how I do. I just got the bright idea this afternoon! lol I love to come down your way, Lakeland I think? I got a friend in Cross City, just out Gainsville, and one around Deland. I know I will not get to travel much, so I was thinking I just go for a month. You want come back so Here I am. Hey each time I look at those cakes, I get so hungry! lol
Hello Mrs. Magpie!! How fun to find a note from you on my blog! I hope you are having a wonderful bloggy break! I am still enjoying my kitties. They are standing guard over my favorite Charles Faudree books...to which I splurged and added another! I hope all is well! Happy Labor Day to you, Sheila!...hugs...Debbie
Good morning Sheila, I was just missing you this morning. I know you are on break but I just wanted you to know I think about and often.
The weather here is so awesome. It is 53 this am and will be in the mid 70's all week. I have to say we have not suffered any hot weather this summer. Especially out West when a jacket was worn everyday for weeks. I feel like we didn't have a summer. I love fall.
Love you too my friend.
Jeanne
Oh, Dear Sheilaness! I've missed you so much! I hope all is well with you and you've had a good blog break. Hope you're back soon and thank you so much for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi there sugarpie Sheila! Just stopping by to tell you hello and
that I'm thinking of you...missing you...HI!!!!! ;o)
Hurry back now, ya hear??!!
Love and hugs,
Becky
Hi Sheila, just popped in to say hi and hoping you are having a nice summer....Christine
Always thinking of you- and wishing you the best-
jenny
Hey girl....thanks for coming by...I too am just so far behind! lol The color you saw in my foyer was the Deep Ochre by Benjamin Moore...it is on the same color swatch as Deer Path...the Deep Ochre has a gold tint and the Deer Path has a tan tint...I love both colors. Hope all is well with you and yours dear friend....love ya girl!
Hi, Sheila,
I am sure Debbie loved her lovely cats that you gave her. And Baby Kitty, too, will enjoy receiving presents. I enjoyed my visit with you today and thank you for paying me a visit. Vicki
Hi Dear Sheilaness! So glad you popped in to see me! Your header is wonderful and what a sweet tribute to your fallen friend. God bless America!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia:)
Oh...MS. Magpie!!! It is me...Jalina Rose...you know my Grammy to be...LADYJANE! She is VERY busy...there is alot of pinkness at our house getting ready for My Mommys Shower! I've posted for Grammy this week!
Grammy said you are one of her favorite blog-buds.....but she also mentioned that SHE has more FABRIC than YOU! Anyways...Jalina hugs and Kisses to you!
Hello Sheila, I am so looking forward to you blogging again. Make life easy on your self and don't work so hard on your blogs. Shorten them and spread the good times out. I had to learn to do that for the sake of time. Sometimes I still do a long post but shorter is less time consuming. All bloggers know blogging is time consuming. burn out is quite common. I have several blogging friends that have just stopped because they made it so much work. Also, visiting is a time constraint. I just can't visit everyone everyday no matter how much I want to do that. I have gone through many changes over the months and I finally am at a point that I can manage my blogging.
You are entered in my giveaway and every time you visit until next Weds. you will be entered again. I too can picture you in St. Augustine having a lovely picnic. wishing you good luck.
Love xoxo, Jeanne
Hi Sheila, I hope you are enjoying your break. Thanks for taking time to stop by my kitchen and say hello. I followed the trail to your blog and what a treat to see those beautiful kitties. They are gorgeous.
I'll be looking forward to your return.
Sam
Hey Sheila,
When are you coming out of retirement? We miss ya! Cindy
Hi Sheila, Thank you for coming over today and sharing your feelings on prayer. I hope your computer will be ok. Beverly's computer has big trouble. Sigh. It is so upsetting.
Blessings, Jeanne
Post a Comment