Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, October 17, 2010

There's No Place Like Home...


Good Morning or Good Afternoon or Good Evening (as the case may be)!

It seems like forever since I last said that here...



Boy, it sure feels good, too! :-)



Thank you so much for your encouragement and your prayers. They were an invaluable life ring, both to Mr. Magpie and to me...



As many of you know, my husband had kidney surgery, and while we have had our share of trying (and even scary) moments...



There were light moments, too...



Like when Mr. Magpie, who had been a prisoner indoors for several weeks, asked upon escaping outside, "What on earth is that on top of their [our neighbors'] car?"



My response, "Is it Maxi?"



"No," said Mr. Magpie, "there's something yellow all over it!"



"Oh, those are rain tree blossoms!" I replied.



To which an incredulous Mr. Magpie mused, "You mean, it's fall... already???"



I had to laugh because despite the fact that it was nearing the first of October, fall in Florida doesn't necessarily correspond to fall in the rest of the country...



We do things a little differently here...



We Floridians have a tendency to march to the tune of our own drummer...



If you look at the plants...



With their lush...



Verdant foliage...



And the banana trees...



And the flowers in full bloom, such as these impatiens...



Or the pintas...



Resplendent...



In their various hues...



And populated by bug-eyed...



Bug-eating...



Silly...



Little reptiles...



And busy bumble bees...



Or if you spy stray vinca...



And even a wayward marigold or two...



Popping up in unexpected places like in the middle of a brick driveway...



Or right out of the pavement in the street...



The love children of drifters...



Growing up beneath the flower beds...



You might well think it's spring or summer...



But it's the subtle changes, like the green china berries...



The purple beauty berries...



And the golden blossoms of raintrees...



Pointing skyward on branches...



Or sprinkled earthward, below...



That herald fall's arrival in the Sunshine State...



Our skies offer no hint...



As they are generally a nice shade of blue...



And if the subtle changes in the landscape fail to let you know it's fall, you might know it's fall when some perfect stranger leaves a fall centerpiece on the carriage curb that leads into your front walkway!



A random act of kindness or litter, depending on your taste... ;-)



Speaking of random, I happened to toss a random photograph into the last post, a photograph of a pair of Paul Frank sock monkey pajamas...



I have to say that I got tickled at some of the comments (off and on the blog) where it was assumed those pajamas belonged to Mr. Mapgie...



Of course, there's no way to know unless you meet him in person, but Mr. Magpie is about the straightest arrow that ever came out of the quiver, and his wardrobe reflects it at all times...



Both day...



And night...



See what I mean? ;-)



No, the pajamas in question are actually mine, and unfortunately, they are a little, shall we say, snug??? A bit too much stress-eating of late...



Hence, I'm on a fall diet so I can fit into the pajamas by spring! Nothing like a little lead time. ;-)



Now, before this post stretches into next spring, let me tell you some EXCITING NEWS. The winner of the $50 gift certificate is... drum roll, please...

CEEKAY of the blog Thinkin of Home!

So, Ceekay, come on down and claim your $50 gift certificate from little ole me! Woot! Woot! Woot!



I wish I had gift certificates for all of you, and if I win the Lottery, I will do just that! Remind me when I win, okay? ;-)



In the interim, here's wishing each of you a wonderful day. Thank you for visiting me, and I eagerly look forward to visiting you in return! :-) I also look forward to visiting my friend Sally for Blue Monday, and I hope you will join me in joining her and the other Blue Monday participants by clicking right HERE. Sally, I think I have enough blue in Mr. Magpie's wardrobe, let alone the blue skies, to qualify, don't you??? ;-)



Oh, and if you're wondering (and several people have asked) who that most adorable smiling baby in my header is, well, she's my newest little great niece, Miss E. The shot was taken by the hospital photographer shortly after she was born, a little premature, but smiling all the same and happy to be here!



Is there anything cuter than a smiley-faced, sleeping baby? I think not.

Well, maybe my ruby slippers...



Nah!

Warmly,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

P.S. I'm so far behind on my blogging that I think the best thing to do is just to pick up with your most recent posts, or I will be here until this time next year. Sort of like swimming against the tide...



And if by some chance I'm late making my rounds, it's because we are having some MAJOR computer issues. Hopefully they will be rectified soon. In the mean time, I'm looking forward to seeing what you're doing! :-)

Oh, and I'm sorry I hit "Publish" instead of "Save Now." I was trying to check for spelling errors, and the hour was late! OOPS! So if you have two posts from me on Google Reader, you'll know why.

92 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

WELCOME BACK SHEILA!
YOU HAVE BEEN GREATLY MISSED!
And of course, you grace us with a wonderful and delightful post!
Pretty pics, and darling baby!
And of course, Big Congrats to Ceekay!!!
WooHoo!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I can't believe I was first! So now I can be second too! hehe.
Hugs,
Cindy

Kat said...

Oh Sheila, welcome back! You've been missed! Loved your autumn post, especially those pretty flowers growing in the street! So glad that Mr. Magpie is on the mend and doing well. And I know that you are thrilled to be home. Congrats to Ceekay. And congrats on your newest family member, she is adorable. What a sweet little face, just precious. And I'd gladly have 10 posts from you on reader :) Kat

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

A hot cup of coffee, a view from our cabin window of trees on fall fire, and now seeing a post from that sweet Mrs. Magpie appear in my google reader! What a great way to start a new day. Not to mention that any day we get to peek at heaven's latest arrival is a special day. Yes indeed, there is nothing sweeter than a sleeping baby who is smiling! Love your Florida "nature" shots and even more happy to hear that your dearest is on the mend and slowly venturing back into the world. Welcome back, Sheila! Xo, Sue

Southern Lady said...

What a wonderful way to start my day, Sheila ... by seeing The Quintessential Magpie at the top of my blog list. I'm so glad to hear that life has returned to "somewhat normal" for you and Mr. Magpie, and I hope you have "smooth sailing" ahead.

Your pictures are beautiful, especially the amazing one of the little lizard chomping away on his "breakfast" or "lunch."

It is so good to have you back, Sheila ... your sweet spirit, gentle humor, and inspiration have been missed!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila... yes, yes, YES!... it is great to see you back. I have missed you, too!

What a wonderful post! The photos were beautiful, especially Miss E, but the content... well, so glad Mr. Magpie is doing well.

Congratulations to Ceekay, too!

Hugs,
Karen

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Yaaay! Sheila's back! I was so excitd to see a post from you this morning! I am happy to hear that Mr. Magpie is feeling much better and has escaped back into the world outdoors! I had wondered about that cute smiling baby...precious! Congrats to Ceekay! I hope you are having a wonderful weekend...enjoying that fabulous "Fall in Florida" weather!...hugs...Debbie

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow! I am in shock! I just ran by to say hi and see what was up!! So glad hubby is getting up and out! and the flowers are beautiful. And that sweet baby is so precious. I wish I could hold her!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Welcome back and such great news that things are going well for you and hubby! Love that sweet baby! Congrats to Ceekay on her win! This post put a great big smile on my face!!

hugs
Linda

Mad Red Hare said...

Missed you girl! Glad Mister is doing well. Can't wait to hear from you again soon!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I love your post - every single part of it - and the baby - that photo could win contests it is so scrumptiously darling.

Claudia said...

Welcome back! I loved all of your photos. So glad Mr. Magpie is feeling better!

xo
Claudia

Sue said...

WELCOME HOME!!! SHELIA!! I am so glad you and Mr Magpie are home safe and sound!! And doing well!!And you are sooo right there is no place like Home.
Congratulations to Ceekay!!
Loved all of the beautiful flower scenes, but most of all love you!!
Much love and prayers your way!
Hugs,
Sue

claudie said...

I knew I would see you this week, and it's only Sunday!!
SO so glad Mr. Magpie is... not wearing those P.J.s lol I mean that he's feeling better.
I loved seeing the subtle changes in your beautiful St. Augustine Mrs. Magpie, and that baby OMG just precious.
Welcome back my dear friend.
Happy Blue Monday.
Give Mr. Magpie a great big hug for me after you hug yourself from me too : )
Love You
Love Me
xoxoxo

Brenda Pruitt said...

What a beautiful and smiling baby! I wish Charlie Ross could see that reptile. It doesn't look like any of ours around here.
Brenda

Jenny said...

Welcome home! Congratulations to the lucky winner....did you say I won the baby! woo hoo! That's the best prize! We have that yellow all over everything, too, but ours was a few months ago.

Cindy said...

Welcome back dearest Sheila!!!
I have missed your lovely posts and your sweetest comments on my posts. I am so glad to hear that your Mr Magpie is recuperating, it's so scary to have our Mr sick, isn't it. Hopefully everything will be full steam ahead from now on! Haha, I had to laugh about the pj's. And when you win the lottery, I will be sure to remind you of this post and of the fact that I was here and I read it! :)
Hugs and Love, Cindy

Karen Deborah said...

Sheila I am so glad to see you back!!! Lovely pictures and what a darling baby. I can totally relate to MR Magpie, found myself saying the exact same thing the other day!

claudie said...

You know I was going to put captions, but got lazy. Cousins, family and the cut couple are a long time friend's daughter and her bf.
Yes I did get a new doo. Thanks for noticing. I finally found a new hairdresser that knows what she's doing, and only 20 minutes away. She's a cute little French thing lol.
You must be busy getting back into blog land. I can hear your fingers-a-tappin'.
Love you and glad your back.
xoxoxox

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! Oh, I've missed you so much in Blogland!! Loved your post filled with Falleness and your Mr. Magpie! I do believe our two guys shop in the same places! :) Mr. Precious loves RLPolo and Brooks Brothers! Men!! :)
Beautiful foliage around you are those rain tree blooms! The only thing I know about rain trees is that movie with Elizabeth Taylor and Montgomery Cliff - Rain Tree County!! :)
Well, I'm so glad you're you and love those monkey faced PJs!
Hope life calms down for you a bit now.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Cathy said...

Hurrah, I'm so happy you are back to your blogging again, Sheila. I've missed you. That precious little babe is too adorable for words, And congrats to Ceekay too!!!

The weather is turning cold here and the days are getting very short. I don't think I could adjust to your warm climate no matter how I tried. It seems all backwards to me.

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

What a darling little baby!!!!
I am glad your back !
Diane

I Wonder Wye said...

I've had four kidney surgeries and am down to a fourth on one thanks to a rare cancer, so I know it's a rough surgery -- what a long scar - cutting through that muscle -- ouch -- thanks for the photos..we love some of the same flower shots and I always love FL...

JEANNE said...

Hi Sheila, I was so happy to see your comment. Thank you for letting me know you have posted. Hooray!!! I hope you get your computer going. I love you too my sweet friend.

Love your pics and your good news that your hubs is improving so well. Your autumn post for Florida is lovely. A Fl. Fall is oh so subtle. A fun post and I am so happy you have a darling new addition to your family. Also congrats to Cheekay. I know she is a happy camper.

On Sat. I spent the day at Penny's Lavender Hill for a blog party. There were 14 bloggers and it was very nice. She lives in Asheville so it was a day trip. I will post it tomorrow.

I wish you 'love' and best wishes for good days.
Jeanne, xoxoxo

Sarah said...

Oh, how exciting to see a post of Ms. Magpie! And it is a fabulous post indeed, Ms. Magpie. Welcome back!!!
Good to hear Mr. Magpie is out and about again, and congratulations on the addition of that adorable new family member.

Also a big hug and congratulation is sent to Ceekay, a most deserving recipient.
~ Sarah

Natasha in Oz said...

I hope you enjoy the stunning Fall beauty that is all around you. Thanks for sharing these gorgeous images!

Take care and best wishes for a wonderful week to you and Mr Magpie!

Natasha.

Dandelion and Daisy said...

For all that you have had going on in your life, you write one entertaining blog! Must be your great sense of humor that keeps you going....love it. Hope it is all up hill and blue skies from here!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Yay! Good ole FL in the fall! Great post and pictures!

So glad you are back, have missed you! Good to hear your hubby is doing well!

Cute pj's!

The baby is adorable!

Katherine

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

And..we are so glad your back home mrs. m!! Boy did we miss hoppin over here to say hi (not that emails didn't do the trick...it is just plain lovely to "see" you in your blog!) Love seeing your fall...but we'll love your winters more!! Thanks for poppin by today :)

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

So good to see you here Sheila! You've been in my thoughts, and were missed, but I knew you were having computer problems so I wasn't too worried as I knew you'd be back. I'm so glad Mr. Magpie is doing so well and that he is back to normal routine.

Your great niece is so beautiful! I don't know if you saw my post but we are expecting a grand daughter this spring and are very excited!

Congrats to Ceekay!

So good to see you back Sheila!

Chatty Crone said...

WELCOME BACK SHEILA!
YOU HAVE BEEN GREATLY MISSED!

I think when we are out for awhile we should all start over with the newest blogs. It is so hard to go back sometimes.

So just start fresh my friend.

Love,
sandie

bj said...

So glad to see you back..
and so glad Mr. M. is doing good.

After seeing the olden movie, RAINTREE COUNTRY, I have often wondered if there was such a thing as a Rain tree...??

Glad to have you around again...
xo bj

Gloria said...

Well, freaking welcome back to blogging, Mrs. Magpie. Let me comment NOW before there are another 50 comments because you are so popular!!!!!! :)
Really, you have been gone so long, but look at this... bloggers are just waiting and 'hungering' for you to get back. I must say that I did NOT want to wait and had to email you this whole damn time to keep in contact with you. But, I digress... I wanted to say: All of us, your 'Subjects' Mrs. Magpie, are SO HAPPY to have a new post from YOU!!!! Again, welcome back!!
Best, xxoo
Gloria
P.S. Congrats to the winner of your give-away!

xinex said...

Oh Sheila, I am so happy to see you back. My stepdaughter is visiting from West Palm and we were just talking about how FL really do not have Fall climates, especially in the south where she is. Your little niece is so cute with that cute smile and your photos are gorgeous! Hope you feel better and glad Mr. Magpie is fine now...Christine

xinex said...

Congrats to lucky Ceekay!

Annie Jeffries said...

I believe this is my first visit to your blog and I'm totally charmed. Glad to read that Mr. Magpie is recovering and a big welcome to the world, Miss E.

Pie said...

Love the post and the photos. Glad to hear Mr. Magpie is getting better.

My Blue Monday.

anne said...

The baby is so beautiful, welcome back! And thanks for dropping by

Verna Luga said...

those yellow stuff are awesome ... beautiful..

My Blue Monday here

Auntie E said...

Glad your hubby is doing better. Oh yeah Fall is here all over the=is land. Time for fires and sipping apple cider. Loved all the Floridian views. The critters are so great. Now those shoes..... awesome indeed.
My Blue Monday link for you

Anonymous said...

I popped over to say thank you for leaving the lovely comment on my blog and here I find that you have posted :>) You have been truly missed! I'm so glad to hear Mr. Magie is doing better and that God sent a beautiful new member to your family for all of you to love.
I hope you have a great week ♥ Congratulations to Ceekay!!!!

SmilingSally said...

Good for Ceekay! And good for Mr. Magpie, and good for the special niece who is now a proud new mom!

Happy Blue Sheila, Maurice! Be sure to check out my book giveaways.

Unknown said...

Welcome back Sheila! Am so glad to hear that Mr. Magpie is doing well, even though he probably feels the world left him behind for a while there.
Love your autumn photos, especially the fallout from the rain trees and the hungry lizard!

Unknown said...

G'morn Sheila ~ So glad your hubby is doing better. Welcome back!

Love your beautiful presentation but little Miss E tops them all ... she is gorgeous, such an angelic smile.

Congrats to Ceekay for her win!

Have a beautiful week ...
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Well, first Sheila, give Mr. Magpie a hug from me...I am so happy that he is on the mend. Second, that baby picture is just plain precious. So happy to have you back...you were missed!
♥, Susan

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sheila, It's great to hear from you... Sounds like your hubby is on-the-mend... That is good news...

You still have some gorgeous flowers down there in FL... Our roses are still blooming and gorgeous--but once we get some frost or freezing temps, they will be gone 'til Spring.

I 'figured' those jammies were yours... Too Cute!!!!!

And that baby picture is amazing... Love a smiling baby.

Congrats to Ceekay!!!

Hope things continue to get better and better for you and your family.
Hugs,
Betsy

DEBBIE said...

Such an amazing post!
I hope that your sweet and very trendy hubby is feeling much better now!
They are predicting snow... in some parts of England!
Already???
I`m so sad to say goodbeye to my flowers.
So it was nice to see yours... They are so BEAUTIFUL!

DEBBIE MOSS

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Sheila, it is SO good to see you back!!! I hope Mr. Magpie continues to be on the mend and that you were able to "spring" him from prison for awhile ;-)

Here in the corn we don't have a lot of those lovely plants and trees, like the Rain Tree.

I'm so glad you are back with your entertaining posts. Now I'll be thinking of you every time I see something Paul Frank--like my dd's notebooks or the socks I bought myself the other day!

Hugs from Heidi

Lindsay-ann said...

HI Sheila
So HAPPY to see a post from you today. Glad things are improving now. I loved all the Florida foliage pictures you shared. Oh how I wish I was there to see it all myself but not too long now! Your monkey pj's are so cute and I am not ashamed to admit that Tim's pj's closely resemble Mr Magpies!
Sending much love today and a little kiss for Miss E.
Lindsay
x

Debbie said...

yay!!! You're back and in true form! I loved all the pictures EXCEPT the lizard one. Yours is the second lizard picture that I've seen in blogland this morning.

It's a conspiracy...

Your niece is precious, and SMILING no less. (Don't say it's gas. I refuse to believe it.)

I'm glad that things are looking up in your neck of the woods. I have all confidence that the scales will continue to tip in the RIGHT direction.

Or would that be "left" direction in your case.? Never mind, it's all digital anyway.

Welcome back, Sheila! I enjoyed every time you popped by in your absence, too!

Judi said...

Hi Sheila
That was a nice long fun post!
I am glad that Mr. Magpie is feeling so much better and I like the humour in your conversations.

The flowers and greenery are just absolutely beautiful. I wish our plants were like that. All we have are the lovely coloured leaves and mums. Other flowers are starting to disappear.

I love those pjs...now I think Mr. Magpie should give them a try...it might make him feel even better!!!

have a wonderful day. I would say you have lots of catching up to do!

*hugs*
Judi

Shy said...

I love all the pictures and the post. Great Blue Monday Ms. Sheila

http://www.jnjmilestones.com/2010/10/blue-monday-visit-from-mr-blue-jay.html

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Be it every so humble...there's no place like home! I so agree with this!
Blessings to you, Sheila!
Coralie

genny said...

hi shiela,
thanks for the comment. i am praying for the day to come to be able to visit disneyland. crossing my fingers that someone would come and get me there.lol

☺lani☺ said...

Wow, impressive post! Anyways, thanks for the birthday song, I really appreciate it!

Happy Week!

cotedetexas said...

bout time!

any place together beats anyplace apart.

ben's favorite saying.l

Joyful said...

What a cool post. Such fantastic pictures and an entertaining way to share your story. I'm afraid I didn't know about your recent trials but I am so glad that people were there to step in the gap and hold you up during this time. Blessings and hugs xx

ellen b. said...

Well seems like I've been off somewhere else because I didn't realize that your Mr. Magpie was ailing. I'm so glad he's getting better and realizes it's Fall. I'm saying a little prayer for you and him right now that the mending process will continue and go well and that he'll return to full strength!
That smile on that little one is priceless!

Together We Save said...

Welcome back!! So glad to hear your husband is doing so well. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful pictures!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila,
I actually read this yesterday and then got sidetracked before I could comment. Geez!
Soooo happy you are back and Mr Magpie is home and hopefully resting.
Love your photos and your ruby slippers~~you are too cute!
Thanks so much for stopping by yesterday. I just posted my Blue Monday post...it is still Monday, right??;)

Hugs,
Lynn♥

eileeninmd said...

Wonderful post, the baby is just adorable. And I love the bug catching lizard. I am gald you and your hubby are both well.

D.O.S.A. said...

:), yep, just a big ol' smile, which is what I am doing after reading your post.
Love you!

Hugs,
Lisa

Nanette said...

Hi Sheila,
What a beautiful baby! I am so glad Ceekay won your give away, she is so sweet. Well I love your blues, especially the blue monkey pj's. Your post made me smile the whole way through! Happy Blue Monday.
Valerie

nannykim said...

Oh, I love the pjs and am glad they are yours and not his! I have some too, only a different kind.

Glad he is doing well and actually is enjoying the "Fall" weather. Things are still blooming around here as well.

I haven't been doing to much blogging of late........been crocheting and reading and visiting family! Hope things will be smoother sailing for you now!

Anonymous said...

What a delightful Blue Monday post. I loved everything I read and I'm so glad your husband is doing better and what a delicious ending with that beautiful baby.

•°°• IcyBC •°°• said...

What a delightful and wonderful post! Especially those flowers that grow in between the concrete!

Coffeeveggie addict. said...

Very interesting post,h0pe y0ur husband is all well n0w...y0u really had a such lovely w0rld thanks f0r visiting mine,i'll surely be back here... weekend getaway @ kenting

Ann said...

Fantastic blue monday post. Glad you're back. I've never seen a rain tree--looks so beautiful. Thanks for coming by my blog today, Thanksgiving is filled with family tradition here, we really do celebrate it.
Ann

LV said...

I wondered about you. You came back in full form today. It is sinful that one person could have so many interesting things to share. As always, your blog is just the best.

joyh82 said...

Awe what a beautiful little baby. I am glad your dh is doing better and able to go outdoors again.
Beautiful photos!

Sue said...

It is so good to see you back! I'm glad things are getting more "normal" at your house. It is great that Ceekay won! Congrats to her.

As for fall in Florida (and winter for that matter) do you realize how hard it is to pack for those of us who leave in one climate and end up in another? We end up with everything from boots and coats to capris and t-shirts and everything in between! You just never know what to expect!

Dena E's Blog said...

Wow Sheila this was a delightful,, splendid,, sweet,, touching and precious post!!! I had just been wondering about you when I went to enter Sally's BLUE day..
And I too hope you'll now have smoother roads/paths to follow now..
Happiness and Blessings in this new week to You Gorgeous,, Beautiful
Sister in Christ!!!!
Hugs across the miles and web~~~Dena

Unknown said...

Missed you! Florida in the fall sounds yummy!

A 2 Z said...

Hi Sheila.

So happy to hear that Mr. Magpie is feeling better and more happy to see you back hard at work blogging...as usual you surpass us all with your wit and kindness. Love that smiling baby. Smiling Sue has some competition. Thanks for your funny post on my blog.

Anne-Marie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Thanks for you sweet comment!

It's great having you back with us again!

Katherine

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Welcome back to us Sheila! It has been a long time! I am so happy to hear things are going well your you and Mr. Magpie.
And what a fun post... you really hit the ground running! I love all your pretty flowers! I do miss flowers now.
So I will have to enjoy your virtual ones!
Congrats to the giveaway winner!
So happy to see you posting again.
xo Yvonne

Ivory Spring said...

Sheila,

I thoroughly enjoyed your post! I love your jammies. :)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my SWEET Sheila...

It's soooo good to have you back! And, thrilled to know that the Geico Gecko lives in your neck of the woods.... Honestly... their commercials are my very favorites. That two in the hand one cracks me up every single time.... :-)

Glad to know you've weathered all the trials of the surgery and that Mr. Magpie's on the road to recovery.

I've missed you!

Dang....so wish I had won the pressie....but happy to hear that CK won. Is she not the dearest little thing?

Huggies!

Lovies!

xoxoxoxo
Spence

Dhemz said...

welcome back!

oh my, stunning gorgeous, lovely....lol! awesome photos!

Anni said...

How I laughed when I read your last sentence, I thought you were going to write that you intended to put some more pictures in before you posted...

Lovely pictures, lovely story and beautiful baby!

Unknown said...

Hello Ms. Sheila,

I love your ruby slippers, they crack me up. Yes, I would swear its Spring time in Florida. It looks so lush and green there.

Weather here in Seattle is unseasonably nice! Not a hint of a blustery, rainy day yet which I am very much in eager anticipation of. *sigh* Maybe by Thanksgiving.

I am glad to read Mr. Magpie is doing okay. Take good care of him. :)

Thank you so much for the visit. The studio is coming along nicely. Wishing you the best for a creative Tuesday.

Hugs! =D
~Kell

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

YOUR BACK!!! PAISE THE LORD YOUR BACK!!! I don't know how I missed this!! Your photography is impeccable!! That is one BIG lizard eating that poor bug!! What a shot!! I bet he wouldn't eat one of those hideous grasshoppers...just sayin'

Hope Mr. Magpie is up and at'em again....

You.have.been.SO.MISSED!

Much love,

Lou Cinda

Anonymous said...

Hello and welcome back Sheila. I enjoyed my visit so very much!

Your great niece is a sweetheart! Love that photo!

♥ Kathy said...

Welcome back! I've missed you! I'm so glad Mr. Magpie is doing well & I love, love, love your monkey pj's! The grand niece is just beautiful Sheila...congratulations to all ♥

Patti said...

Sheila, I am SO glad you are back among the blogging world!!! I have missed you greatly.

I'm glad that Mr. Magpie is feeling better!!!

All your flower/foliage photos are beautiful, and so is the photo of the little sweetie pie.

Thank you for your recent comment on my post about Seasonal Disorder. It IS a struggle for me, and it's not JUST the light aspect. As you have shown in your photos, fall (and winter) in Florida still finds MUCH green on the landscape. After living 20+ years with that, I have really been unable to adapt to a landscape that becomes brown and barren, as I thrive on green.

Anyhow, blessings to you...and welcome back!!

Love,
Patti

chasity said...

so good to hear from you sheila.

thank you for your encouraging words.

and i'm so glad to hear that your mister is getting better.

i've been thinking of you both. sounds like quite a busy time there for a while.

you live in a lovely place~ so much sunshiney beauty.

my husbands closet is much the same~full of various shades of neutrality.

it does make me laugh.

and no...he would never wear monkey pj's either...
but i love that monkey.

i have it on a big bag and a wallet.

hugs~
chas

My Grama's Soul said...

So glad to see you are out and about again in bloggland.....you post really caught all of us up to date with you and Mr. Magpie.....stay well.....(O:(O:

Xo

Jo

Karena said...

Sheila I have been thinking about you and your family so much!! So glad all is better.

Be sure to come and enter my fabulous Giveaway from Metis Linens!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sheila...

Welcome back, my friend! Ohhh...I am so happy to hear that Mr. Magpie is on the mend! Bless his heart...autumn nearly escaped him! Well, not really...as you say...you have quite awhile to enjoy the autumn days! I lived in south Texas for 30 yrs., so I completely understand what you mean by Florida marching to a different drummer. It was the same in south Texas. Well my dear, I'm just so happy that to hear from you yesterday..thanks so much for stopping by! I sure enjoyed your sweet note! And...I really enjoyed all of your lovely photos! I especially liked the lizard photos...sooo adorable!

Warmest autumn wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Papillon Bleu said...

Sheila!it is so good to hear from you!
I am glad Mr Magpie is feeling better! I love your PJs ( you should see mine...)
You know? I've never been to Florida, well..never been to the USA ful stop.But thanks to this post, it felt like knowing a little better about it.
Thank you!

And this baby!!!! Soooooooooooooo adorable!!!! A real little marvel.
:)))

Bye for now dear Sheila.

XXX

Katy Noelle said...

You're just wonderful! Did you know that? What a fun post and put together in a totally unique and humorous way. I'm glad that you're guy IS on the mend. I've had moments like that when I've been sick in bed for a few days and all the snow melted or all the leaves fell and the whole world had changed. But, that's because things change so quickly around here. =]

Wishing you all very well!

Love, Katy

Deborah said...

Very poetic post Ms. Magpie. I enjoyed reading it and looking at the lovely pictures.