I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the United States military throughout time, as well as the families of those patriots for their personal sacrifices. I would also like to thank Presidents Bush and Obama for seeing to it that justice prevailed. God bless America, and God bless our allies who have fought side by side with us throughout the centuries! And praise to the Lord for ALWAYS fighting on the side of justice and seeing us through to victory!
And while this news is glorious, there is other news that is not. I'd like to take the time to remember our friend Glen and others who died during 9/11 as well as the citizens of the United States, particularly those in the state of Alabama, where so much devastation and loss of life has occurred from the horrific storms last week. I'm so sorry, and I hope you know we are praying for you and sending our love across the miles. Please let us know what we can do to help.
While I will be visiting you at your blogs when I can, I am battling an old injury that appears to have resurfaced, making blogging painful at times. I just need to rest it, and that is what I will be doing for the forseeable future. So I will visit your blogs as I am able. Prayers are always appreciated. :-)
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
A special shout-out to the United States Navy and the Navy SEALs! You always do us proud! And to the military dogs! The canine units are often forgotten, but they are on the front lines, in dangers way, protecting our troops and doing their duty to the last paw!




56 comments:
Yes , indeed...justice at last!
Amen Sheila! This is great news indeed. Very well said, on all accounts! I am sorry to hear of your flare up and will say a prayer for you too! Have a great day!
Sheila, yes many of us are experiencing similar feelings today.
I hope your pain goes away very quickly. Sending my well wishes and thoughts your way.
Beautifully written piece, Sheila! Amen. Amen. Amen. to all your heartfelt sentiments. So sorry to hear of your setback. Always frustrating to have those reappear on the scene. But thank you for sharing so we can support you in prayer. Xo, Sue
What a great reminder to remember those protecting our country. How you are feeling better soon!
Praying for you, dear friend, and rejoicing in the victory for freedom that our incredible Navy Seals made possible!! I am also praying for all of those who lost friends and loved ones on 9/11. May God blanket them with peace as they reflect on all that has taken place.
Love you bunches, and so enjoyed my time with you!!
Big squishy hugs,
Becky
Oh, Sheila, I'm so sorry that you're not feeling well. I will be praying for you.
My trip is set for 5/26 to 6/8. I definitely hope that we will be able to connect while I'm there. I'll be staying with my in-laws on the Space Coast and my friend Julia, in Winter Springs.
Yes, indeed, I am right there with you saluting our awesome military. A huge thank you to them for all they do to protect us.
Also, my husband's cousin and her family live in Tuscaloosa. We heard from her mother that they are all fine...but, of course, so many others weren't. Our hearts and prayers definitely go out to them.
Have a great day.
Love,
Patti
We do live in the greatest country in the world and I join with you in having a heart full of thanks and gratitde for all the service men and women do to protect our freedom. What an incredible blessing! I, too, will continue to pray for those who lost so much during those terrible storms that passed through the Southern states...so very sad.
You will be close in my thoughts and prayers, as well. Take good care, Sheila...big hugs!
Hooray for the Navy Seals! I think becoming a Navy Seal, and following through with BEING one, is the most difficult job anyone can do. So I especially salute all those who accomplished the mission yesterday. And a job well done to President Obama (and President Bush before him) for 'sticking with it.' And Sheila, I hope you will be feeling well soon! You will be having a lot of your blogging buddies' prayers coming your way (including mine, of course) so you should be back to normal in no time. (Uh-oh, wait...was our Sheila EVER normal???? LOL!!!!!!!) ;)
Best,
Gloria (your crazy friend)
Beautiful post Sheila! Hope you will get to feeling better!
Amen Sheila!!
You are too sweet to mention me...I am doing well! I know that God is in control of whatever maybe as I proudly stand behind my husband while he serves to protect our country.
Also a prayer for you;
Dear Lord me pray your healing hand on Sheila that you will take away whatever it maybe that is causing her discomfort. Amen!!
I am sorry that your old injury surfaced again - it's been a rough go of it for you this year! I hope you feel better.
Thanks to all our military out there. Today we saw America have a little tiny bit of closure - althought it will never bring one life back.
Love,
sandie
Amen! God Bless America and thanks to all those who risk their lives every single day to make us the greatest place on Earth.
Lovely post Sheila
xx
Bunny
Amen to this post from beginning to end.
I hope you rest and get completely healed from your old injury. I relate because I'm dealing with a new pain. UGH.
And here's a comment to your comment: At least we know there was never a dull moment for our dashing Earl. After all, he got to sit directly across from the princesses in their fascinators. Grin.
AMEN well said!! I'll be praying for you sweet friend.
This was beautifully stated, Sheila. Rest yourself and get better my friend. - Kathy
This is a wonderful post. Today is a good day for the country and for those who lost loved ones on 9/11. It is also wonderful to take a moment to think of those who defend us each and every day. I can only imagine what a task those young people had to do yesterday and they all survived and succeeded in their mission.
I'm also still horrified by the storms in the south. All of those people are still missing...I can't wrap my brain around it.
I'm so sorry you aren't 100 percent. You are certainly in my prayers...take your time to heal and we will be waiting for your return.
Feel better my friend. I think of you often and I love you.
xoxoxoxo
Very well said, Shelia!
Feel better fast....you'll be missed while you heal.
Hugs,
Rett
Thank you for taking the time to put into words, so beautifully and eloquently, what we're all feeling.
I will remember you in my prayers, sweet friend, and hope you have a quiet and peaceful week and can get some rest while you recuperate.
Lovely post. And thanks so much for your comments on mine. My heart is with you in your post. So glad to know you. Hugs, and I prayed for you before telling you I did. Love, Jenn
Yes, I too am glad for the justice. So sorry you are uncomfortable or in pain....sure hope whatever it is settles down!!
Beautifully said my dear, sweet friend.
Hope you heal fast!
God bless the USA and all who serve it!
Oh Sheila Sweetie...
What a gorgeous post. Just gorgeous. I so enjoyed seeing that flag, and we all knew in time justice would be served.
I am so sorry to hear that you are having a flare up of pain. Darn you just keep getting some bad luck sweet one. I will be sending some prayers up for you, and I hope you get to feeling better soon.
Just left Shell Belle's and I so love that apron of yours. I so wish I had been joining in and sitting at that beautiful table with little treasure baskets for each. Sweet Pea you are just the hostess with the mostess. Everything looked so gorgeous.
Take care of yourself, and hope to see you out and about soon. Many hugs and SO much love, Sherry
Great post, Sheila! It is nice to finally have justice! So sorry you are not well. Of course, you have my prayers! We will miss you, but you need to take care of yourself! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie
Hello Ms. Sheila!
That little flag reminds me of a pillow my mom made; she was handed a flag on 9/11 and she put it on a pillow for me; I've had it all these years!
Good to "hear" from you; praying for that silly old injury! Have a GREAT week!
Jen
Sheila, You are so right! I am so thankful for the good news and am so grateful for the work that the US and allies have done in the middle East. It has not been easy and it has been at a terrible cost, but freedom is never free, therefore we must protect our freedom, always.
My heart goes out to the people in Alabama! God help those precious families who are mourning the loss of their loved ones.
What a heart felt post.
So sorry to hear that you are hurting, I love and appreciate you dear lady.
Hugs, Cindy
Beautiful Sheila, just beautiful!
I am so proud of our president and our courageous military right now!
And I just visited Rhonda and got to see the absolutely gorgeous table that you set for their visit!
Of course it was lovely and it was whimsical and fun too!
Love the gift baskets, you thoughtful lady you!
I hope you heal from your injury soon my dear.
Thinking of you and wishing I was part of the Florida blogger scene.
Hugs,
Cindy
Amen and AMEN!! So proud of our military and those SEALS!!
Thank you for your sweet and uplifting comments....they mean the world to me...
hope you are feeling better...
Lou Cinda
Good morning Sheila, this is a beautiful tribute to our countries finest military. Amen to your lovely text paying honor to those who so deserve recognition. My prayers are constant for all who have suffered in the latest storms. We had a tornado just about 18 miles from us that same night. It did some damage on many structures and we had loss of life as well. Nothing like Alabama but who knew a tornado could come in the mountains like it did. Very unusual.
My prayers go out to you too my friend and I wish you healing and good health. I hate to hear you are not well my dear friend.
All is well here but it is in the 30's this morning. The heat is on 'again.' Winter just goes on and on. My spring flowers are all looking great in spite of the chilly weather.
Have a happy day my dear friend and feel better soon.
Love you much,
Jeanne
Oh goodness gal, lifting you up in prayer, take care of YOU and that back and pray you are not in discomfort for long.
My ever so dear Sheila...
I'm right with you on this! Don't we have the most wonderful and courageous military? I saw a Navy Seal on the news last night talking about how many men actually make it. The challenges they go through and the determination to actually make the cut to put their lives on the line to protect us. God bless them.... and alllll of the others in the military as well. :-) I am one grateful American, that's for sure.
I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering. Darn... It makes me sad. .... And, of course, I'll pray for you to be your little snappy self.
Could you please pray for Lou Cinda at Tattered Hydrangeas? She lives in Alabama and lost one of her coworkers... Her account broke my heart and shook me to the core. I know you will, because you're a sweetheart like that. :-)
Sending tons of lovies and huggies too.
Feel better soon?!
xoxoxoxo
Spence
Thanks so much for this post, Sheila.
Feel better soon!
Oh, Amen, Dear Sister! History has been made and God bless America and our troops!
I'm so sorry you're in pain. Just take care of yourself and know you'll be in my prayers. I'm so glad Miss Chloe Dawn put a smile on your most gorgeous, mostly hidden face! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
In gratitude & remembrance is right! What a great day, huh?
Sorry you are in pain Sheila...I'll say a prayer that you recover quickly.
Shelia~God Bless Our Military!! My hope is to see a homecoming soon for all women and men serving.
Sending well wishes for you too.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Amen! We are blessed to be protected by so many amazing men and women who are willing to sacrifice their lives to protect our great country!
I am so sorry that you are not feeling well. This magpie will be keeping a fellow magpie in her prayers for a speedy recovery!
Amen and Amen! Prayers going out for you and all those who suffered physical and property damage.
Both my daughters are in tornado alley but were spared harm. Both have friends who were affected. Kim did have a large oak tree fall in her yard. It reminded me of the tree that fell on your property. Fell right between her home and an outbuilding (I almost typed outhouse).
LOL.
I pray that you will be feeling better soon. Do whatever it takes to heal. We will be right here waiting for your Hugs, Ginger
What a week. The President visited NYC today (as I'm sure you know) and the photos and stories of him at the firehouse he visited were sweet, patriotic, and just pure joy really.
And ACK on your injury!! Take good care of yourself and please get better soon! xoxo
Rest yourself up, girl!
Brenda
Hugs...
I am so sorry you are having health issues, Sheila. I will offer some prayers for you. Take care, my friend!...Christine
Hello Sheila, hope you are feeling better soon.
Have a wonderful Mother's Day.
Hugs, Ann
Hey Sheila! I hope this will post - I don't know why I can't post anymore? I hope you feel better soon! xoxo Trudy
Wonderful post, Sheila! We all are so proud of our military and the sacrifices they make for all of us.
I'm so sorry to read that you are having health issues again. You are in my thoughts and I'm sending healing prayers your way so you will be blogging again soon.
Just popping by to wish you a very Happy Mothers Day, Shelia & hoping that you are feeling better each day.
Hugs,
Rett
and how! Fabulous post and so jubilant! I hope you are feeling better soon.
This is a beautiful post, Sheila. I am always amazed at the bravery, the courage, and the skill of our military. They make us proud!
So sorry to hear about your painful bouts lately, I hope this clears up soon.
I will keep you in my prayers along with the men and women who work so diligently to keep us safe.
God Bless all!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen
Great post, Sheila. We have much for which to be thankful.
I hope you are feeling better and rested.
Shelia,
I am so sorry you aren't feeling well. I missed you and came by to see what happened. Take care and get plenty of rest!
Sherry
We have a neighbor boy who is in that particular group of Navy Seals! He still seems like a teenager to me. No one knows who in that company was involved, but if I were in his parents shoes, I would have great pride but also would be nervous all of the time.
I love your quote from Winston Churchill. Yes, we want a healthy horse!
Sheila my prayers are with you. I hope you start to do better!
Jacqueline
Morning sweetie...beautiful post..so sorry to hear you're having alittle set back...but I pray that you are better and minute by minute and hour by hour..every cell and fiber of your being be renewed and that if needed God do a reconstructed miracle for you...I love you so girl...take care...Picket
Hoping and praying that you are doing well friend :) be well...and come back when you can!
Karla & Karrie
Sorry I haven't dropped by sooner Sheila. I'm been gone too long. So sorry to hear you are under the weather and have some nasty pain. I hope you're better soon.
You're in my thoughts and prayers and of course so are our military families.
Hugs,
Sam
Hope you are feeling a little better,S. We lost several friends in 9/11, seemed like we went to service after service. The Obits in our local newspaper went on for pages. I am glad justice was done.
I am so sorry about your friend. We lost an unborn grandchild and a dear friend to pneumonia last month, and yes, it does make you look at life differently.
Get better, S!
Post a Comment