Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Friday, May 3, 2013

Mouse In The House!








Psssssssssssssssst...










Hey, You!










Yes, YOU!










Would you like to swing on a star?










Carry moonbeams home in a jar?












And be better off than you are?










Or would you rather be a mouse?










A mouse is an animal who sleeps in the wall...










He's quick, though he's really very small...










He loves his family...










And he loves his cheese...










He loves to go hiking...










And he aims to please...










So if you spend your time reading to your spouse...










You may grow up to be a mouse!










And you can live with the Magpies in their house!




NOT!




Well, maybe, if you're one of these "pretend" mice, you could live with us, but ONLY if you are pretend. :-)










I wish I could take credit for these enchanting creatures and the photographs of them, but they all belong to an ETSY seller from South America and are used WITH PERMISSION here on my blog.





Johana is from Chile, has enjoyed felting for 23 years (since the age of SEVEN), and owns the ETSY Shop, FELTING DREAMS.  














And Johana does, indeed, create dreams with these cuter than cute little needlefelt darlings!  














This is what the best of ETSY is all about, bringing artists from around the world into our very own living rooms where we can enjoy their art.














Are these not the cutest mice ever???  They have personality plus, and I just LOVE them!














Do yourself a favor and visit Johana's ETSY Shop FELTING DREAMS and check out all of her adorable creations. There are bunnies amongst the mice, too.



I tried to link this post the way I used to, but Blogger wouldn't let me. So if you will, please click on the following link or put it in your browser to visit FELTING DREAMS:






http://www.etsy.com/shop/feltingdreams














Every time I see these, I come away smiling!














Johana, artists like you make everyone have a brighter day.  Thank you (Muchas Gracias) for allowing me to share your talents with others.  I marvel at your creativity!














Now, I'm joining Claudia at Mockingbird Hill Cottage for A Favorite Thing Saturday. Please link over from my sidebar to Mockingbird Hill Cottage, and it should take you there!





XO,



Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)












Please Note: I was not compensated in any way for featuring Johana and her creations.  I did this for the sheer pleasure of sharing these happy little mice and this talented artist with you.  Also note that all the images are the sole property of FELTING DREAMS and should be treated accordingly.  Thanks. and I hope you enjoyed reading this review as much as I enjoyed preparing it for you!



My thanks to Johnny Burke, lyricist for "Swinging On A Star," and my sincere apologies to him for adding my own lyrics to his otherwise perfect hit song, which happens to be a childhood favorite of mine.  Oh, and Johnny, just for the record, I didn't grow up to be a mule despite my intense dislike of first grade. Your song, which my mother made me memorize, managed to do the trick. ;-)

55 comments:

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Sheila, these little mice are positively adorable. They remind me of one my favorite books as a child, "Country mouse, City mouse". I even bought that book for my own children and still have it. I love the detail here. They would be so fun to have around wouldn't they, that is until my cats found them. LOL!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Those are the SWEETEST, most ADORABLE, little mice I've ever seen and such a SWEET story! Going to pay her a visit! Thanks so much for sharing!
Blessings,
Cindy

SOOOO CUTE!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

These are darling! Who wouldn't love them?! I have to visit this shop...I bet they would look great here and there during the Christmas holidays (why do I associate mice with Christmas?!!).

Are you blogging again? Well, of course! So great to hear from you! :)

XO,
Jane

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

OH SHEILA,I know this artist's work and those mice are SO SPECIAL. My dear friend Penny from Angelsdoor blog also makes the most darling little animals. She started felting about two years ago and is starting her repertoire of mice and rabbits.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming to visit my post! You must visit the links when the party starts. You will enjoy. Have a super day my dear! Anita

Melissa G said...

Oh how cute!
I've added her etsy shop to my favorites.

Here's a link to the video. Hopefully you can see it here even on the IPAD.

http://www.onetruemedia.com/shared?p=1231d0fb3fae7fa2b96d6e0&skin_id=701&utm_source=otm&utm_medium=text_url

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Sheila, these are adorable. They would make fabulous birthday presents for little girls.
Sam

Sue said...

Oh my...I am in love with these little creatures. I really love the little family! I am certainly going over to see her shop. Thank you for brightening my gloomy, rainy morning!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Shelia thank you for sharing these adorable little mice! What a talent she has! I am going to visit her shop. These just make me smile so much!
hugs,
Linda

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

That was fun - now I want a mousie to live at my house.

Terri D said...

Very cute mice! Thanks for sharing - I enjoyed your post very much!!

akawest said...

Those are adorable. They look like they could get into quite a bit of mischief with the right owner.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay girl - now those are my kind of mice! Those I love and will let live in my house! lol That was fun. Glad to see you here.
sandie

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

What a wonderful mice colletion. Thanks for sharing!!!
Sandra from South Africa

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Magpie -

The weekend is finally here and after seeing this post all I can think of now is how much I want one of those mice!! Might be worth it to start saving my pennies.

Adrienne

April said...

Hi, Sheila!
So wonderful to see a post from you! You have been missed so much! Those little mice are just the cutest! I wouldn't mind having a couple for myself...or 4 or 5! Hope you have a FANTASTIC weekend...ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

I think I could be good friends with this little mouse. :)

Anonymous said...

K, attempting this comment yet again. Crazy day for me. ;)
Sheila, this is my absolute favorite post in months. I teared up as soon as I started reading...until I got to "Not!" hahaha Then I laughed out loud. I LOVE THIS. The figurines are genius. I will visit your friend's page soon.
Always a pleasure stopping by.
xoxo's

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I can accept these adorable faux mice, but the real deal - No way! :D
Thanks for stopping by. Don't know why I am having the blog issues as have not changed any settings, etc. Hopefully they will clear up soon. Sorry I am of no help on the "comment" issue. Hope it does not happen to me as I would not know what to do.
Enjoy your weekend.

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hi Sheila, I didn't know you were posting again. This post is adorable and the 'Felting Dreams' artist is awesome with these creative mice. I love their personality.I will visit there shortly.

I have been on a blog break for a couple of weeks for our 50th anniversary celebration. Lots of company and wonderful memories. I'm back and trying to reconnect. I have been neglecting my dear blogging friends. I have missed you.
Did you get a new computer?

I pray all is going well with you and yours Sheila.

Love, Jeanne

Sarah said...

Sheila, it is so much fun to see your creativity once again. How I've missed you! These felted mice are adorable, and your presentation is just as adorable. I'm off to visit her site and see more of her little creatures. Thanks for sharing this talented artist's work. ~ Sarah

Pattie Tierney said...

That mouse is adorable. Thanks for introducing us to this Etsy shop, I'm off to take a look.

Unknown said...

Oh Sheila,
I love those mice, how lovely. That's what I love about Etsy too, you can find the most darling and unusual things.

Thank you for ordering the pillow and insert. Because you ordered it direct, those orders are transparent to me. They will not be notifying me when it ships, but they will notify you based on the e-mail address that you provided. They do a great job of tracking, so they will send you an e-mail once it has shipped with the tracking information.

Wishing you a beautiful weekend.

Karen

Patty said...

The felted mice are just darling and I enjoyed reading your post very much Sheila.

Charlotte said...

these are so adorable...Miss B would love them...I am on my way over to her Etsy shop...and I love your little tribute to Swinging on a Star....didn't Perry Como used to sing that?

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh they are so charming Sheila!
I can't imagine the time it takes to make such adorable little creatures.
They are how I like my mice too, cute and cuddly and not for real! haha!
Have a wonderful weekend too!
We are taking little Addison somewhere today, maybe the zoo.
Hugs,
Cindy

Scribbler said...

Hello old friend! I didn't know you were blogging again. I had looked from time to time and there was nothing there, so I thought you had stopped. I am so happy to see you back.

Barbara F. said...

Hi Sheila, this poem is adorable and so is that charming mouse! Yes, that is one mouse I would allow to visit me lol Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comment. xo

Poppy said...

Hi Sheila,

Your charming little mice were just what I needed during this tiny tea break from cleaning and prepping for Easter! Sweet little mice and everything nice, at least till the last drop!

Thanks for sharing!

Poppy

Sarah ~ Magnolias Attic said...

Oh my, they are adorable! That's the kind of mouse that can live in my house! Thanks for sharing this cute shop!

Gypsy Heart said...

Cute...but I can't stand the real things and the fake ones make me uncomfortable too. Weird, right? This lady is amazingly talented! I hope they sell well for her.

xo
Pat

Donna said...

How adorable! I smiled all the way through this post, and you did such a great job. I loved your song, too. :)
D

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Oh goodness the mice are absolutely adorable. The pictures of them are so wonderful they could be made into book for sure. My favourite books as a child were always mouse stories. This is one very talented felt artist. Thanks so much for sharing this cuteness today. Love you. Lindsay x

Pat@BPM said...

The mice are sweet and now I have the song running through my head.

Brenda Pruitt said...

ADORABLE! I love them. I was afraid you were going to say you had a real mouse in the house.
Brenda

nannykim said...

Now those kind of mice would be ok in the house. They are really really adorable!!

Ivory Spring said...

Sheila,

Oh gosh - you and Johana NEED to get the images and verses published in a book. I can see my Miss Baby loving a book like this...

Yes, Miss Baby is in Dreamland right now, but I can't wait to show the mice to her.

She imagines herself to be a mouse at times, where we have to do "mouse talk"! ;)

Barbara said...

Shelia, How wonderful to see you again and thanks for stopping by.

That is the cutest little mouse and a great story, will have to visit her.

Hope all is well with you, will try to post more often.

My Little Home and Garden said...

I just smiled and chuckled through your whole feature of these incredible mice. The little hiker, the reader, all of them are fabulous!
-Karen

Caramella said...

Adorable, they remind me of my little chihuahua, he looks like a mouse:)

Rebecca Nelson said...

You are absolutely the sweetest thing ever my friend. I love this post...it made me smile sooo big. Lovely little mice...just lovely.

Also want to tell you that your encouragement of me and my work means more than I can say. Truly. You spread JOY and it is a blessing to me.

Love, Rebecca

Claudia said...

Oh. my. goodness.

Can I freely admit I'm in love?

I have to have one. I'm going to visit that shop!

Thanks for the Neil Young links, my friend. I haven't had time until this moment to respond!

Thanks so much for joining in this week.

xo
Claudia

20 North Ora said...

Those are darling - about the only kind of mice I like tho! My Dad would hold us and dance with us when we four girls were very young and he always sang that song - well, not your version - but the other one. Thanks for bringing back such a precious memory.

Judy

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Adorable little mice! As long as they are pretend I like them, not real ones tho!! Eeeek!

Thanks for more info on the tea at St. Aug. Sounds wonderful!

We have also been waterlogged down here as well! Glad to see the sun today!

Katherine


Melissa Lester said...

And I thought I didn't like mice ... .

Sheila, these are adorable, and your post is so sweet. I wanted to let you know that you won my tea cookbook giveaway. Will you please e-mail me your address?

Blessings,
Melissa

mlester@hoffmanmedia.com

Southern Lady said...

I loved this, Sheila ... and would dearly love to have one of each of those precious little mice. Johana is a very talented lady!

SmilingSally said...

Those fake bricks were on that house from the beginning, but they were probably all brick colored.

Now, about this post: you have such a great imagination! I enjoying humming along as I read. Thanks, Sheila.

Jane said...

These are the ONLY kind of mice I want in my house! They are so cute!!!

Unfortunately, we have a mouse(mice) in our house. And he must be Mighty Mouse. He's avoided every kind of trap we have set...steals the food, gets shocked, but still gets away! I am so over it!!!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my gooooodness. These are so darn cute. What a great job she does on these little critters. I gave needle felting a whirl at the Sewing Expo a few years ago. Boy, it sure makes your arm tired all the "needleing"... :-)

So glad you're back. You've been missed!

And, no... no glue gun involved, but a bathroom re-do has been the culprit.

Love you dear one...

xoxo
S

Debbie said...

These are adorable!!!! I am a mouse hater of the first order, but these are so cute they don't qualify as rodents. I shall call them critters instead.

I love the shot with the two in the bed the best of all for some reason.

And it's so nice to see you posting! Just when you jump back in, I drop off the planet.

I have an email started to you that I have yet to finish, btw.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh squeak! SO darling my dear friend. Thank you so very much for sharing.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

Shelia, these are the CUTEST little mice ever!!! The artist is going to be overrun with orders after your adorable post. I have the song running through my head now, and it actually makes me very happy! Thanks for sharing these. Have a wonderful day! Linda

Susan EvelynAndRose said...

Oh wow, Sheila, these mice are absolutely adorable!! I think it is the first time I actually found a mouse appealing (hee hee). Johanna does a wonderful job - thank you for featuring her work.
Also, thanks so much for your recent visit to my blog. I'm playing catch-up and wanted to pay you a visit.
xo, Susan

Jenny said...

I love these mice!

They are adorable!

I'm going to check out her shop!

And I'm going to smile all day from your cute post!

Hugs and Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

Dearest Sheila, stopping by to wish you a Happy Mother's Day. I think it's every day, but enjoy Sunday nonetheless.
xoxo's

Stephanie said...

Awww....what sweet and precious mice - they certainly made me smile :)
Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a sweet comment - I greatly appreciate it!

Have a beautiful week.

Hugs,
Stephanie