Good Morning, it's another beautiful Pink Saturday at our dear Beverly's blog, and we all hope that Beverly is feeling better after a nasty fall a week ago this past Friday. Sending you feel better wishes, Beverly! :-) And speaking of Beverly, today she asked us to share a Christmas tradition.

If you are wondering what Stella is sitting on, that would be packages of shiny objects...
But they aren't just any old packages. These are packages that Stella helped me select and wrap for a little five year old girl in foster care...
One of my Christmas traditions has been to donate to a program involving this charity, but this year with Stella's help, I took it one step further and did the shopping and wrapping. And as you can see from this tower... oh, what fun we had!
It's a tradition that has been going on in this community for over thirty years, and the group has made a difference in the lives of so many children. Last year for the first time, we got to meet one of the children who was all grown up, and there was not a dry eye in the house. This year, while we won't get to meet this little girl or any of the other children who are being sponsored, I wanted to share this on Pink Saturday because she is a Pinky! Her form said that she loved pink, so I thought you might enjoy seeing some of the things she is getting that are wonderfully pink...
One of the things on the list was Baby Alive, and I found and bought this Fairy Baby Alive in a pink fairy costume...
But then Stella discovered that there are other Baby Alives which made us head back to WalMart's toy department to find one that talked among other things. So Fairy Baby Alive went back to play with her friends on the shelf, and Baby Alive Whoopsie Do joined the group of gifts at our house...
See the arrow...
Okay, you press her little pink bracelet, and she kicks her feet and gurgles, etc. I won't mention what else she does when you feed her, but with a name like Baby Alive Whoopsie Do, you get the gist. ;-)
And speaking of feeding her, she has her own pink bib set...
In addition to a clothing set (note the pink) for a rainy day...
Her very own pink dress-up set...
And her pink pajamas with a little teddy bear to love...
And speaking of teddy bears, Baby Alive is not the only one with a teddy bear. This little pink teddy is for this little five year old to love...
And there are diapers with pink emblems for Baby Alive ...
And food with a pink spoon...
And what doll set would be complete without a pink stroller...
And a tiny teaset for those days when you must have a cup of tea with your dolly, and this one with the pink teapot was a steal at WalMart for $5...
And Stella and Baby Alive agree that we think the shopping went well. The people at WalMart were SO helpful, even returning the folder to lost and found that I left in the buggy with all of the little girl's information on it! Some good Samaritan found it and turned it in, and Stella and Baby Alive were very happy, indeed, right along with me...
Often times the children that end up in the foster care system come with only the clothes on their backs, and some come from terrible situations of abuse. Many foster parents are stretched to the limit to afford new clothes for the foster children in their care in addition to the food and other necessities that the state funds in a limited manner. So, there is no money for Christmas. Hence there is usually a request for clothes for the children. This little girl wanted pink, so she is getting a number of pink blouses like these stripes...
And these stars (I saw a mother buying this for her little girl and took the hint)...
And these long sleeved blouses are for winter. We wear cotton all year through...
I did get her one turtle neck among a few other blouses...
And some pink slacks along with two other pairs in other colors. Unfortunately, I wrapped the slacks before I got their pictures, but I bought these little pink slack hangers...
Which I thought would look cute on the boxes...
I just loved this reindeer wrapping paper I found at Dollar Tree with the cute deer who is such a sweet little fellow on his pink sled. I also love the pink trees and pink houses that dot the landscape...
Oh, and she got this sweet little hoodie outfit...
Complete with gray leggings and hearts...
And though she didn't ask for it and while there have been few cold days, she is getting some tights...
And a little pink coat for winter...
The only time I veered was with this little cotton dress. I thought she could wear it to school on the last day. I tried to find a pink dress like this one, but they were out of her size...
I hope she doesn't mind...
After we got everything wrapped and before they went into giant garbage bags to be taken to the secret distribution center, Stella carefully helped me place the toy boxes in one bag...
And the clothes in another...
I was afraid Stella was going to get lost in the bags...
But she didn't, and we loaded up our sleigh and took all the gifts to be distributed on Christmas Day to our little secret pal...
Stella also handed me a letter from Santa to go in the bag. We told the person in charge that the foster mother could read it and decide whether to include it or not, but Santa wanted our secret pal to know the following:
Dear E...
Merry Christmas! I received a very special order from Heaven just for YOU! While I hope you enjoy these gifts I brought you, I want you to know that there is one gift that is far more wonderful, far greater than any gift I could ever hope to bring. The greatest gift is one that God gave us many, many years ago on that first Christmas in Bethlehem. It's the gift of God's own Son, our Savior, Jesus Christ who is the Prince of Peace, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. So in remembrance of Jesus' birthday today, I present you with these gifts on His behalf so that you will know just how much you are loved!
Santa
And that, my friends, is a wrap!
Thank you for visiting Stella and me on Pink Saturday, and I look forward to visiting you as well! You know how I like to see what you're up to! Magpies are very curious creatures. ;-)
Stella wanted me to let you know that she had a FABULOUS time visiting friends. She went to see Rhonda and went to the beach and a tour of a fabulous Victorian hotel, AND she had a super fun time painting Lisa's house! ;-) Click on her friends' names to visit their posts about it!
Please visit Beverly and all of her pink friends by clicking right HERE. They have lots of traditions to share with you, and I'm sure you will be blessed. :-)
Happy Pink Saturday!
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) and Stella




114 comments:
What a great tradition. You certainly went above and beyond and those are perfect items for a little 5 year old girl. What a generous heart you have!
You are SO awesome Sheila and Stella is pretty cool herself! Such a selfless act to do this for a child! You have such a great heart and faith and you inspire me so much more than you know.
I hope you have the most WONDERFUL Christmas!!
Much love to you!!
Lou Cinda
I have to agree with these comments. Such a wonderful thing to do. I'm sure that the little girl will be thrilled and delighted with each and every lovingly chosen gift.
Oh, Sheila, this post is so beautiful, I have tears in my eyes. Your letter from Santa was so touching, I hope the foster mother does read it to her, how wonderful for that little girl to hear such a loving message. It may be just what she needs, we have no idea her circumstances or what brought her into foster care, and a message like that could be just what she needs to heal her heart.
I love all the gifts you bought her and I'm sure she will be thrilled too, and how special she will feel to see all those carefully, beautifully wrapped gifts for her on Christmas morning.
You must have such a happy feeling of contentment in your heart right now. The best Christmas gift of all.
May God Reward you all your life with the care and concern you show to others.
What a beautiful Pink Saturday post!
Blessed Christmas to you and yours!
Love to you,
Eileen
YOU are a priceless gift! I had no idea you could do this for foster children. This would be so fun...I never had a little girl to shop for, all in pink.
My mother was a foster child, just after the depression. It was tough then for everyone, including her mother after her father died. Thankfully, she was with a wonderful family in the end.
The next time we are able to celebrate with Santa and presents, I am definitely looking in to doing the same for a foster child.
Oh, Dear Sheilaness! How wonderful to be so generous with gifts for the little foster child. I'm sure she's gonna be so thrilled with all the presents. Look at all of the sweet pink things! You are just so dear!
Now that Stella seems to have been such a great help! Good for her. She has had a very busy year!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
I think Stella is having too much of a good time, chickee!! LOL
xoxo,
Connie
What a wonderful tradition, you are such a kind and generous soul. This is going to be one happy little girl on Christmas morning!
I miss Stella, but I'm so glad she was here before our rain started. That would have cut out our trip to the beach! Loved having her, she is such a doll.
My dear Sheila,.
This is such a wonderful thing and I know that little girl will be thrilled! I don't know if I told you, but I work in a program called Family Preservation. Many of our families are in desperate need and as a matter of fact, I spent this morning shopping for two of my families with money received from a fundraiser put on by a local credit union. I looked right at those same dishes you bought for one of my clients little girls!!! Many of my families children are in foster care or just moving back home from foster care. My job is to teach the family the skills and find them resources so they can stay reunited. It is so wonderful when people take the inititive to help these families! We have a local senior center that made quilts, mittens, pillow cases filled with hot chocolate and book bags filled with school supplies, candy. etc. These people don't have a lot either, but they share their talents! Thank-you for sharing this awesome and beautiful post, you may have inspired others to reach out! Hugs, Cindy
What a wonderful tradition! ...and that is one little lucky girl that will get all those fabulous toys and clothes! I bet she will love it all! And the wrapping is so cute! Yep, it's going to be one Christmas she'll remember! And Stella did a wonderful job assisting you! :)
Bless you for blessing this child! ~hugs, Rhonda
You are magnificent. It makes me feel so good to see what joy you are going to bring to that little girl. It is just the most warm and kind hearted thing to do, and Stella picked out the very things that little 5 year old girls love. Pink Pink Pink. I love it. I hope that you can feel this hug, because I am sending a big one. I love you to pieces Sheila.
XO Sue
Hi Sheila, your post just warms my heart. How fun to shop for a little girl who loves pink. Most little girls and lots of big girls do too. Your gifts are wonderful. Stella is pretty impressive as a helper. I love all the gifts and I am sure this child will be happy on Christmas. Your note added to the gifts is such a good thing. We can never hear about of God enough. But who knows if these children hear it at all. Brilliant thought.
We are snowed in here in the mountains. A foot of snow plus more tonight has rendered us helpless for travel. We were supposed to go to TN to visit our son and Family. Our oldest daughter was going too. She has ice and snow too. What happened to global warming? Snow is very dangerous in the mountains. We will stay home and be safe. Sigh!!
Our net is down more than up today. I will try and post my Pink Sat now. Your tradition is a wonderful one. Ours is somewhat the same.
Christmas love, Jeanne
You are so FABULOUS to have bought that little foster girl so many WONDERFUL presents! She is just going to be thrilled. I think YOU are definitely sent from heaven...♥
Ohhh Sheila what a great post. I just said a prayer for this little girl that she will feel such happiness on Christmas Day opening these gifts so lovingly selected and wrapped. I pray the foster mom will read her the letter and save it for her to keep in the years to come. So glad Stella got to help you out too.
Thanks for your kind thoughts for me and my mom. I feel fortunate to be able to spend this time with her and my dad as she recovers.
As a former foster child I applaud you through my misty eyes.
Our family adopted a family who were asking for only food. Can you imagine? Heartbreaking. They got more. :)
It sure feels good to give.
Dear Sheila,
I loved your post today!! Thank you for sharing about the little girl you are helping this year. She will be so delighted when she receives her wonderful presents. Thank you for your generosity and sharing the true meaning of Christmas! God bless you, dear friend and have the happiest of Christmases and a blessed New Year!! Vicki
Hi Sheila, I am crying tears of great joy for your little secret pal. How I pray for her to grow up to have a wonderful and richly blessed life. I know one thing she will never forget her Christmas of 2009. You will always be remembered as her Guardian Angel because of the wonderful gifts and especially because you told her about Jesus. God Bless you and hubby, Mollye
And this will also be a wonderful Christmas for you too!
Oh, Sheila! What a wonderful thing to do for a sweet little five year old! She will be thrilled to get all of those wonderful pink surprises! And I have a feeling that someone had a wonderful time doing all of that shopping! Such a thoughtful and generous gift, my friend! And I am sure that Stella enjoyed it, too! Have a wonderful weekend...hugs...Debbie
There are "angels among us" and my sweet dear Ms Magpie, you are truly heaven sent!
May your goodness~your kindness~and your caring, brighten the darkpath of some lonely and needy child...
May your delightful blog, touch a heart...and encourage others to reach beyond themselves...and bring about the true meaning of Christmas.
With deepest regards,
Your friend,
The Muse
I love everything!! Beautiful tradition. That little girl will be the happiest little angel around..I even love the paper you and Stella used! lol Happy Pink Saturday!!! Hugs Grace
Sheila, what a special tradition to share. You are such a generous spirit! I can only imagine how happy that little "pinky" will be with all this wonderful pinkness. I now you and Stella had a grand time shopping for this little one. Giving is a very special part of this season!
Hugs ~ sarah
Shelia and Stella are Angels on Earth! The Christmas Spirit is in your heart and it is wonderful to see the work of Angels in your Special Tradtion. Thanks for sharing and showing all the wonderful gifts for a sweet little girl who will never forget this christmas! Thanks for stopping by and seeing my special Christmas Doll...SaraJane! A Blessed Christmas!
What a wonderful tradition. This little girl is going to be so excited and feel so loved.
Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas.
Hugs,
Marsha
I'm number 24 and it's only 1:23 AM...ahhhh how do they do it?
Mrs. Magpie and little Stella. I must say you girls have been very very busy. Shopping for a special angel girl that loves pink is just what the doctor ordered.
I feel so much better knowing that this special little girl will have all these beautiful items to remind her of the special "people" that care enough to go out and shop, and wrap, and play, and exchange, and take pictures, and and and... Oh my I'm tired now and must get to bed.
I enjoyed your PS today girls.
Great job with much love.
Love you both
Love Claudie
oxoxoxoxoxo
Oh Sheila.............You are way beyond wonderful........I soooo wish I could be there when this little sweetheart opens all of these gifts.....I'm sure it will be a Christmas she will never, ever forget....I sobbed from about the third sentence, but the letter from Santa was the topper and I was really blubbering by then..........you know.....not a pretty, ladylike cry....that ugly one. :-) You are generous beyond belief. And, you are loved.
Huggies,
Spencer
Good Morning Sheila
Stella did a great job helping you pick out all those amazing gifts for that little girl. I know she will love each and every one of them. I can just imagine her delighted face on Christmas day opening them all and playing with her Baby Alive. Jessica used to have something similar to that doll called Baby Born and she had similar abilities! I was so glad she never wanted the boy doll called 'Baby Wee Wee' who used to say 'Mummmy Mummy Wee Wee' Wee Wee' and hold himslef where it mattered! Who thinks these things up?! Sheila, I loved your choice in clothing for the little girl too. My Jessica wore mainly pink for the first 7 years of her life! She still likes it now. I love the cute pink bear too. I still have my special childhood bear (called Pinkie) although he isnot very pink anymore!
This truly a wonderful tradition you have. I will pray for this little girl over Christmas and hope your little message and your Christian love reaches her.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay
x
Oh god! That is such a sweetest thing you are doing! You are giving that girl so much more happiness that no one will be able to measure. isn't it what Christmas is all about? I had tears in my eye when I read the letter. You are such a sweet and special person Sheila! We could learn a thing or two from you!
Love
Chaitra
Oh, wouldn't you love to see her little face light up when she opens all those lovely and generous gifts! I hope her foster parents will read your beautiful note to her and take a moment to say a prayer of thanksgiving for the dear sweet lady who put so much thought and love into making her Christmas.
You truly have the "spirit of Christmas" year-round, my friend, and I wish you and Mr. Magpie a very Merry Christmas filled with all the things that make you happy.
Shelia - this post just touches my heart so! Such a kind gesture. I LOVE the Baby Alive! I am sure this little girl will be SO happy Christmas morning!! Bless you :)
How sweet is that! So kind and loving...and perfect pink too!
I love the paper you found at Dollar Tree! I looked all over for paper I liked this year & wished I would have seen this! Many holiday blessings to you & yours..xo Tami
Hola mi amiga! What a great tradition. Fantastic!I hope you have the most WONDERFUL Christmas!!
xoxo
Sheila, I think you and Stella have come up with the best Christmas tradition in the entire world - sharing with others. My eyes teared as I read about your meeting one of the children. One can only imagine how much you mean to their lives.
Bless you and Stella. Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year. Happy pink Saturday.
Sam
Love your wonderful tradition, how fun.
Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas!! Terry
That little girl will be ecstatic!!!
Great gifts and the card just tops them all off perfectly!!! xoxo
Adorable love the wrapping paper!
Beautiful..HPS Happy Holidays
Beautiful, Sheila, this is just a beautiful tradition and a wonderful way to make a child feel special. Your heart is so big, and you are such a special person. Wishes for a very Merry Christmas to you and a happy Pink Saturday.
♥, Susan
Happy Pink Saturday!
Wow! You have been busy, fabulous post!
~ Gabriela ~
Such a wonderful thing to do. I'm still wiping away tears. I'm sure your little 5 year old will be so excited to receive your lovely gifts. It is evident that much thought went into the selection of each item.
Thanks for sharing.
Happy Pink Saturday.
This is such a wonderful tradition. I love it. We give to toys for tots, but this is a tradition that I would love to see in our town. I am going to check into this for next year. Thankyou so much for the best post ever. I love Stella and all her hard work to bring love and joy to a sweet child in need. Happy Pink Saturday my friend and I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. I had to laugh, the cushion on your chair is the perfect match to my sofa!! I love blue and green together, Char
What a fun time you and Stella must have had shopping for one lucky little girl for Christmas. We did some shopping for a little orphan in Mexico and she is two. It was so much fun! And along with you, we wish for her blessings from above and a wonderful healthy spirit as she grows up. Material things can only take you so far, but I know that your note will make her feel extra special. I hope she gets to read it. Merry Christmas and thanks for stopping by my blog!
Blessings,
Tricia
Sheila - This is the best tradition of all - giving to others - especially the little ones who have been through so much. God bless you for your generosity. xoxo Nancy
Dear Sheila,
Your Christmas tradition is the best kind; a selfless tradition of giving to someone in need! You will make a little girl very happy this Christmas! You and Stella chose well. Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday and a Merry Christmas to you, your family, and Stella.
Christmas blessings,
Sandi
Sheila ~ How lucky your little girl is! In turn it makes you lucky too, to be able to do so much for her and receive that warm feeling you get for doing for others.
We do the same thing thru our church but we don't know exactly who it goes to. Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas!
What a wonderful generous tradition to help others in need! The gifts are sweet and you are an "angel" to think of others! Blessings to you for all you do! Coralie
What a wonderful tradition. Truly done in the Spirit of God. Blessings to you. Martha
Sheila, words fail. That's beautiful. God bless that little girl and all the others. I know you feel good giving as much as she will be thrilled to receive. Like I said, words fail. I love your post though. Hugz and Merry Christmas~
Sheila, excuse me while I go and get a Kleenex! Your post brought me to tears . . . you are so generous, thoughtful and kind! That little girl is going to be over-the-top excited and have a very blessed Christmas indeed! The letter you included is just lovely . . . I hope that the foster mother will read it to her.
Well, after all that I hope you and Stella sat for a nice cup of tea with biscuits . . . I can't think of two ladies who deserve it more!
Thank you so much for sharing the true spirit of Christmas and I hope you have a blessed and safe Christmas with your loved ones.
Happy Pink Saturday too!
Blessings,
Teresa
That was just a beautiful post Sheila! As I'm blinking back the tears! These are the kind of stories that bring out the magic of Christmas! You have made a very special Christmas for one little girl! There will be a special spot in heaven just for you : ) Have a wonderful Pink Saturday! Love Sherri : )
Sorry that last post was me! I hit the return button by accident!
So cute! Happy PS Sheila. How are you?
Happy Holidays.
Regards.
Regina
Sheila, You are definitely a gift from God. What a wonderful Christmas you've given this little girl. Bless you and Merry Christmas to you!
This post warmed my heart and brought tears to my eyes... Thank you for sharing the Good Will and Joy of the Season.
Blessings to you and yours like you are a blessing for this child.
This is so wonderful. This little girl is so blessed to have you...because you care! Our community does this too. I always took my boys shopping when they were little and they would pick out a girl's and a boy's gift to give for a child in need. God bless you and your family.
Merry Christmas and Happy Pink Saturday,
Rebecca
What a wonderful tradition and oh so many marvelous pink things you've shared with others so generously ... truly exemplifying the spirit of Christmas ;-)
Thanks so much for your visits ...
Hugs and blessings,
Sheila... your wonderful giving tradition is sure to warm the heart of this sweet child this Christmas. We do something similar at work, but because there are so many of us... we group together and pick whole families... It's so wonderful to see the sheer joy on someones face when they realize that THIS CHRISTMAS will be a wonderful Christmas for themselves and their family...
it's just an added blessing that your girl was a "pink girl"... what fun to do all that pink shopping for a little pink girl.
Christmas Blessings to you and your family. Hugs. Dixie
You and Stella are angles. I'm sure this little girl's pink-loving heart is going to be filled with joy thanks to your kindness.
Our church has a "giving tree" by the door, and on the first Sunday in Advent, it is covered with paper angels that have a child's gender, age and clothes size on the back. My kids, DH and I love shopping for those little angels.
In my mind, I can picture a very happy little girl as she holds her new doll, knowing that Santa remembered her in such a big way. No doubt, one day she will be telling her own children about being young, and having such a special Christmas.
You're the best, Mrs. Magpie!
What a lovely post and a wonderful tradition. I very much enjoyed reading it. My, you could win an Olympic medal for shopping - this little lady is going to be thrilled to bits.
Happy Pink Saturday, sweetie!
What a fantastic thing to be involved in! And I can just see that sweet little girl's eyes light up on Christmas morning...she is going to be DeLIGHTED! Awesome!
What a wonderful tradition. Happy Holidays to you, Stella and all of the children (of all ages) you have touched with your caring heart.
What a wonderful program and what a generous person you are! That little girl is going to be SO happy on Christmas day. God bless you sweet heart! Cindy S.
I love the little tea set. It reminds me of one I had when I was young. You did a great job of picking out just the right things.
Pink and very pretty indeed!
Your little doll, Stella, is a delight!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
How very sweet of you and so generous - I'm sure the little girl will be thrilled.
Happy Pink Saturday. Sheila, this post made me cry. Oh how happy this little girl will be. (Cute idea putting pink hangers on the boxes) Have a wonderful Christmas!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful story.
Sheila, what a wonderful Christmas you have provided for a very special little "Pinkie". Everything you purchased is perfect and the wrapping is darling too. I'm sure you will be thinking of that little girl on Christmas morning as she unwraps her treasures!
Have a wonderful weekend and a blessed Christmas...Kathy
Sweet and very generous. What a nice tradition.
Hi Sheila
This is such a fabulous tradition! Your gifts will make that sweet little girl, and also her foster mother, so happy on Christmas Day!
God bless you for this wonderfu lway to bring cheer to one in need.
Hugs, Pat
What a absolutely wonderful thing to do! Can you imagine the delight on your little angel's face when she opens her gifts! Everything is so pretty and I know she will LOVE that doll, diaper changes and all! God Bless you and Happy Pink Saturday!
Sheila. You are so neat! I know your Christmas will be filled with blessings and joy! Nothing is Christmas like happiness in the eyes of a child. And you have done that. Hugs from Arizona.
Happy PiNk Saturday!!
The act of Giving is such a wonderful blessing that each of us has...and especially *the Art of Giving* and you have graciously shared that today. :0)
Just makes me cry with JOY!! And I do hope they give her the letter!
Scatter Bliss...
Stephanie
Oh Sheila, you warm my heart! I do the same thing (but don't get to have the fun of shopping) for the Giving Tree Project in Raleigh, which buys gifts for Foster kids. I can't stand the idea of kids not having anything on Christmas morning. I love all of your choices. Wish I had gotten a tea set like that for the baby. May have to make another trip to Walmart, if I can dig out of this snow! Love that wrapping paper too! It is too cute. I came by and read your soldier post, but don't think I got to comment. Sometimes, I have the baby asleep on my arms, and I'm unable to type. I hope to post more around the holidays. I have alot to post, but get so frustrated loading pictures, that I just don't do it. Hope you have a wonderful and safe Christmas! I'd send you a decorated tree if I could! Hope you enjoyed your time w/ Stella. Looks like you had a ball! LOL! Thanks for dropping by.
You are an awesome and beautiful lady Shelia..and your friend Stella is awesome as well. For after all, she shopped right along with you.I so enjoy seeing what Stella has been up to. I think you probably are the most unselfish and loving person I've known in years..and it's such an honor when you visit my blog. I must tell you ,after the letter and when I was so teary eyed, I realized I still have time to do more. You are a true inspiration beautiful Shelia and I thank you. Have a very Merry Christmas..may it be a blessed one, and filled with everyone and everything you love.
Sheila, I am tearing up thinking about your kindness for this little one. You must have gone over and above what was 'required' but isnt that the point of it? I would love to do something like that, but I am pretty housebound and I have no idea in my new area how to find out about helping like this. But I will figure it out before next Christmas..You have inspired me..God Bless you and have a wonderful Christmas..
hugs
Barb
Hi Sheila,
You are so thoughtful and kind! Wish you a happy holiday season!
Hi Sheila! It's so good to see that Stella is still being her kind and helpful self! She has certainly been a busy gal!!!
I'm certain that little girl will be absolutely giddy when she receives the wonderful treasures you selected for her....what a great Christmas Tradition! Our Breakfast Group started one similar to that this year. Rather than spent money on "stuff" for each of us...we pooled our funds and donated to a local Day Care Center run by two nuns. They are amazing ladies and certainly appreciated the gift from us. . . most of the families who use the facility are very poor. The money (actually, we were asked to give our donations in the form of Target or Walmart gift certificates) the center receives is then given to families who really need the extra help.
I hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday...and I wish you a Merry Christmas. It has been a real joy getting to "know" you through our blogs. L, Dana
This is the true spirit of the season...well done my dear. My heart is smiling this morn having read your wonderful post...the world is a better place because of people like you!
Have a Merry, Merry Chiristmas!
Smiles ~ Ramona
What a great tradition! My neighbor is a foster mom, and I get a few things for the kids every year.
what a great tradition and that lil girl must be so special and lucky to have you!.. you are so kind and have a great heart.. God bless you & all your love ones.. thanks for sharing.. Happy Pink Saturday & Merry Christmas
Sheila, you put a tear in my eye this Sunday morning as I sit here and look out at the most gorgeous snowfall we had over the last 24 hours. One little pink girl is going to be deliriously happy. And I love your wrapping paper too! I never get to the dollar store but I think it's high time I did. xo Lynn
Happy Pink Saturday and Merry Christmas.
Great Post! Happy Belated Pink Saturday! Yesterday was crazed trying to get everything ready! Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Jacalyn
Oh my gosh Sheila,
Your little helper Stella and yourself, how generous and thoughful you both are!! This is the true spirit of Christmas...you my love will have good vibes in return.
My wish for you and your family is filled with all the joys the holiday season brings...Merry Christmas xOxO Nerina :)
Sheila what a wonderful tradition!
Beautiful post in every way!!
Merry Christmas!
Oh Sheila, You've been a busy tour hostess taking Stella all over AND shopping too! Stella, you, and Walmart are a good team to make a little girl squeal with delight on Christmas morning.
We're in our home, and we've been blessed with an abundant supply of good helpers, but we've still much to do.
What a great tradition for Christmas, it reminds us all the true meaning of Christmas....giving not receiving.
What a wonderful thing to do for a child in Foster care.
Merry Christmas and I was wondering what ever happened to Stella! Glad to see she is still alive and well and visiting!
Merry Christmas...
Hugs, Ann
what a wonderful tradition....
so many sweet gifts there!
don't tell spunky but she's getting a baby alive whoopsie doo for xmas~~~i thought we were past potty training in our house :)
happy holidays~
chas
Why do I call you Maggie, Sheila? I just sent you an email about your winning the giveaway on my blog then came over to catch up with you. It was so kind of you to buy all those wonderful things for that little girl and I loved the sweet letter you included. Very very nice. Please send me your address soon. Maybe I can actually get that box out before Christmas day.
Sending you belated Pink Saturday wishes :)
... and wanted to wish you a Happy & joyful Christmas.
ciao,
Elena :)
I enjoyed this post very much, Sheila. What a wonderful tradition. The children will be so happy receiving these presents. You are just so nice and sweet....Christine
Some little girl is going to be very, very happy! You put so much thought into everything and your good will is inspiring! There is a saying by Cesare Pavese that goes "We don't remember days, we remember moments". I bet that little girl will remember the moment she received and unwrapped all those pink presents for the rest of her life! How divine!
Oh Sheila,
That little girl is going to be thrilled with all of those lovely gifts. I loved each one and how you wrapped them.
I stopped by to say that you won my giveaway. I read all the lovely comments on my Pink Saturday post to her over the telephone and had her pick a number. You won, Congratulations. I'll pop this in the mail to you today.
I have a gazillion last minute things to do today, and then I will drive in between the snowflakes through New Hampshire to Vermont to see my mom.
Have a beautiful Christmas.
Karen
What a beautiful pink post!Love it!
Hello Sheila, I stopped by to tell you we are leaving for FL for Christmas and I will take a bit of a break.
May Peace be your gift at Christmas and your blessing all year through!
Christmas love, Jeanne
OH MY...what a stack of presents and so thoughtully wrapped too! I'm sure you had as much fun selecting the presents as the special child will have opening them up.
Michelle
Ooooh LOTS of PINK gifts people will be receiving!!!
Merry Christmas!
ENJOY!
Fifi
Oh my~~~
Wonderful presents and that wrapping paper!!
I love it!
I am off to shop....
Merry Christmas to you:)
Kay Ellen
You got a lump forming in my throat and tears ready to burst their dams. this is what Christmas is for. and this is what God's love is all about. no, not the material possessions, but the LOVE you are sharing and so generously pouring out on this dear little child. thank you so much for this post.
What a wonderful tradition Sheila! You and Stella did a wonderful job. What little girl wouldn't be pleased as punch to recieve these lovely gifts on Christmas morning. I wanted to pop over to wish you and Mr. Magpie a truly awesome christmas and New Year. I am sending tons and tons of blessings your way. I enjoy coming here and visiting with you. You have a beautiful blog and you are a beautiful person ♥
Oh I cried when I read this. We adpoted 2 children whose mother is in prison last year. I got the most incredible note from their grandmother. Doesn't it make your heart feel so good.
You are so awesome. Praise God there are people like you out there.
We brought some toys into Curves for the kids (not as many by the way) for Toys for Tots - they told us they were 600,000 toys short this year.
The economy affects everything.
Merry Christmas Sheila,
Love,
Sandie
Oh Sheila! What a wonderful person you are to be such a thoughtful gift giver. Not only are you sweet enough to do this, you also made sure it would be loved. There are not a lot of people out there like you and the kindness in your heart is amazing.
Merry Christmas sweet friend!
love,
rue
Oh my goodness Sheila!
What a precious doll for her. She will flip over all of this and be so grateful. You will truly make her so happy.
Many Blessings and Merry Christmas sweet friend! ~Melissa :)
COMMENT # 103!!!!!! I'm so glad I've been a good girl. Coming back to comment again gives me one more present to open on Christmas Eve.
Just dropping by and thinking of you.
I'm all ready for the big day. Going to Brittany's Xmas Eve, dinner here with the boys on Xmas Day and more shopping on Boxing Day...nice and peaceful just like I like it lately.
Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Magpie.
Love You
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo
Sheila,
What a wonderful Christmas morning this child will have. Bless you.
May you have a wonderful Christmas.
Carol
Sheila, you are such a precious person! I wish you and yours a very happy and peaceful Christmas. Thank you for being my friend. Love & Hugs!
Hi Shelia,
Love this post! Someone will be very happy with all this pinkness on Christmas morning!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!
:) Diane
That is wonderful that you are giving gifts to this little girl. I know sometimes when we give, we end up receiving an even greater blessing. Merry Christmas to you an your family.
Merry Christmas Sheila!
It's been just wonderful getting to know you through blogging! I appreciate all your sweet and thoughtful comments! Hugs, Cindy
Sheila,
What a very lucky little girlshe will be this Christmas Morning to be given so much love from Stella and you. I loved all your choices and they are perfect for any five year old girl. You thought of everything:-)
It hurts my heart to think some kids will be going with out. While doing Toys 4 Tots we could find 2 books, 2 toys and several stocking stuffers for each child and then each family could have 2 games and 1 ball added to the bag. I always wanted to put more in each bag the families!
The world needs more wonderful people like you my precious friend.
This post warmed my heart.
I want to wish you and Mr Magpie a very joyous Christmas.
Much love to you!
~♥
What a wonderful post sheila, such a wonderful thing to do. You are such a generous and lovely person, and I think one of the sweetest selfless bloggers I have met, thanks for sharing all of this with us....
Sheila,
Wonderful post...You are a blessing to others...You are so sweet and kind hearted...Thanks for sharing...Priceless posts...Love it!Merry Christmas!
Wow, what an incredible post this was! You completely inspired me. The part you did at the end was especially touching. You are acting with the true heart of Jesus in the true spirit of Christmas. Beautiful. You're making such a difference.
That is a good tradition to buy wrap and then give away, MB
You are truly a Saintly Spirit Sheila that gifts the world with the beauty that is shining through from your Heart. There are so many worlds to share, and yours is always a treat to follow.
Post a Comment