Isaiah 9:6-7
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.

Luke 2
1 And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus that all the world should be taxed. 2 (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.) 3 And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city. 4 And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:) 5 To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child. 6 And so it was, that, while they were there, the days were accomplished that she should be delivered. 7 And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.
8 And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. 9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid. 10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord. 12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger. 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.
15 And it came to pass, as the angels were gone away from them into heaven, the shepherds said one to another, Let us now go even unto Bethlehem, and see this thing which is come to pass, which the Lord hath made known unto us. 16 And they came with haste, and found Mary, and Joseph, and the babe lying in a manger. 17 And when they had seen it, they made known abroad the saying which was told them concerning this child. 18 And all they that heard it wondered at those things which were told them by the shepherds. 19 But Mary kept all these things, and pondered them in her heart. 20 And the shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all the things that they had heard and seen, as it was told unto them.
21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb.
22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; 23 (As it is written in the law of the LORD, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lord;) 24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.
25 And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. 26 And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 27 And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, 28 Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
29 Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word:
30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;
32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
The Word of the Lord... thanks be to God! :-)
These are some of my favorite verses of scripture, and I wanted to share the Good News with you today. I never tire of hearing it because it is not only good news, but the greatest gift of all!
Speaking of gifts, thank you so much for blessing my life more than you will ever know. I appreciate each and every person who visits my blog, particularly my followers, and I hope and pray the Lord will bless you and yours this Christmas season and always. I am taking some time off to visit with loved ones and to spend time in God's Word, but I'm carrying you with me in my heart. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
{{{{{{{Love you!}}}}}}}
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




167 comments:
Ah Sheila, It is 4:00 in the morning and I just couldn't sleep. I stumbled here this early morning and rejoiced with you. It is by far the best news ever and I am thankful for eternity for my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. So much love to you this holiday season and as always...ALWAYS! Cherie
Merry Christmas! I love the Christmas story and all that it means for me!
Hmmm, looks like Cherie and I should have met for coffee someplace!
Sheila, such a beautiful post. Truly the greatest story ever told. I hope that you and your family have a joyous, blessed Christmas. Hugs, Kathy
This was such a nice way to start my day, Sheila.
May your Christmas be as beautiful and sweet as you, my friend.
This is a lovely post. Have a blessed Christmas Sheila!
It is The Good News and it will always be new and fresh. Thank you for sharing and I wish you and yours the most joyous, fun-filled, peaceful and beautiful Christmas ever my sweet friend. Holiday Hugs, mollye
Thank you, Mrs. Magpie....
Blessings to you and your family at this most wonderful season.
love, bj
I wish you a wonderful Christmas with your loved ones and a healthy 2010. Thank you for your friendship. x
A wonderful post today, Sheila, full of hope and joy. Seasons blessings to you and your family.
Beautiful post Sheila and so true!! Thank you so much for your warm wishes and I sent the same heartfelt wish to you and yours! I have be SO extremely blessed to have "found" you this year in the blog world, which before I didn't even know existed. I am so thankful because you have enriched my life so much more than you know!
Enjoy your time with family and friends and have a Wonderful Christmas!
Much love to you!
Lou Cinda
Merry Christmas my dear Sheila, it has been such a pleasure to get to know you and I've enjoyed our phone conversations so much {two Southern gals sure can talk, can't they!)
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
I love those scriptures too, Sheila, I was just reading them again this week. The Good News of the Gospel never gets old, it's always fresh & new. Merry Christmas to you, sweet friend! xoxo
Beautiful Sheila. Just beautiful. Thank you.
Merry Christmas Sheila!
I hope you have a holiday filled with love and laughter~
Big Hugs~
Chasity
Thanks for sharing. Those are some of my favorites too.
Merry Christmas.
Hi Sheila,
I hope you and your family have a very blessed and Merry Christmas!♥
Thank you for this wonderful reminder of what Christmas is truly all about...the birth of our Lord and Savior! I hope you and your family have the merriest Christmas ever, my friend! God Bless!♥
Keeping Him as my focus I have no fear, honey! Merry Christmas,
xoxo,
Connie
Sheila,
Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas!
Jemm
Hi Sheila!
Awwww, I just loved this and thank you for your sweet words to me on my blog. Anyway, indeed we celebrate to GOOD NEWS! Oh Come, Let us Adore Him, Christ the Lord! Amen.
Macy Li is loving all the nativities around our house. She's got it all nailed down, from Baby Jesus, to Mary, Joseph, the angel, the shepherd boys, and the Kings from the East (we tell her China ;))...so precious!
Here's to you and yours' having yourself a merry little Christmas!
My love from the rolling hills of Tennessee!!
Hugs,
Rhonda
What a perfect Florida Christmas post! Merry, merry Christmas, Sheila
So fun seeing the palm trees for Christmas! :D I hope you have an amazing holiday. I am happy to have met you this year. <3
You posted some beautiful scripture. Thank you for blessing me with it this morning. Such a perfect way to add joy and peace to the holiday. I memorized Luke 2:1-20 when I was a girl with my brother and to this day my brother and I still recite it from memory every Christmas Eve. :)
Thank you so much for posting this!! And the palm trees really put me there! Beautiful, beautiful!! Merry Christmas to you:-)
Beautiful verses and beautiful photos, Sheila! I hope you and your family have a wonderful and blessed Christmas...Christine
Merry Christmas, Sheila!
Brenda
The passages in Luke have always been my favorite!
Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family!
Dena
Dear Sheila
It is always inspiring to read the good news!
I am so happy that you are my blog friend. A very blessed and happy Christmas to you and yours, and a happy healthy 2010!
Love and hugs, Pat
What a wonderful post today! I love the way you've shared and illustrated the Christmas story from Luke with beautiful photos. Thanks so much for sharing. I wish for you and yours the most joyous Christmas celebration ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Beautiful, touching post, Sheila. I loved it and I loved your beautiful photos too.
I'm so glad God allowed us to cross paths, for your path is a very wonderful one to walk along!
I wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year!
Please keep my very good friend Barbara in your prayers, she is keeping vigil at her Mom's bedside, waiting for the moment she enters Heaven.
Thanks for everything, Sheila, you are a good friend.
Love to you,
Eileen
What a beautiful post, Sheila! That is some of my favorite Scripture and your photos are the perfect accompaniment...the palm trees remind me of the Holy Land. I am wishing a wonderful Christmas to you and your family, dear Mrs. Magpie! You have become a cherished friend and I look forward to more visits with you in the new year! Your sweet gift of the Arictocats is a daily reminder of your kindness and generosity! Merry Christmas...hugs...Debbie
I love this. I remember it from childhood, I almost know it by heart. Even though I don't think I really got it as a child it still was my favorite thing to hear at church or anywhere. Thank you for posting it today. I feel happy and warm inside every time I read it.
Merry Christmas!
Hugs, Lisa
Merry Christmas!!! I love the picture of the palm and of course the post is beautiful.
Happy Christmas Sheila! Thanks for sharing this miraculous scripture with us today, it truly brings to mind the spiritual side of Christmas, not just reindeer and Santa. Happy Holidays and God Bless!
Hi Sheila
Thank you for sharing this wonderful scripture today.
Wishing you and Mr Magpie a lovely Christmas.
I feel so very lucky to have met you and really treasure our friendship.
Merry Christmas.
Lindsay
x
Hi Sheila sweetie!! Thank you for stopping in today. Wishing you & your family a very Merry Christmas too. Loved your post. So special.
hugs..Tami
Sheila,
Thank you for sharing the scriptures with us today! And thank God for His Wonderful Gift to us, Jesus! Have a blessed, joyful and peaceful Christmas season and the happiest of New Years, my friend. Vicki
! I am sorry, I forgot to thank you for your visit!
I will take time to visit your blog after Christmas.
It is always such a pleasure to meet new people on Bloland!
Merry Christmas to you!
Sheila, I never tire of these familiar verses. They always bring comfort and peace.
Happy Holidays to you and your family.
Merry Christmas Sheila xo Lynn
Wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Leann
This is the BEST news! Good to hear from you!! Thanks for stopping by and your kind comment about Romeo....I'm a little biased but I think he's pretty sweet! Merry Christmas and blessing to you in 2010! Luanne
Thanks a lot for these inspiring words, Sheila.
Have a very Merry Christmas filled with love and the smiles of your dear ones!
Hugs,
Monicax.
Perfectly perfect.........I love it.......and you are so precious to share it.
Sending huge hugs and lovies,
S
Merry Christmas. what a wonderful post.
When our kids were little, they would sing Happy Birthday to baby Jesus on Christmas morning.
Merry "Christ"mas Sweet Sheila! I adore your post today....and how appropriate for you to share the REASON for this SEASON with all that have come to know and adore you! You are truly an INSTRUMENT of HIS peace this holiday with all of us to enjoy the sounding of HIS trumpets as we visited you. Looking forward to getting to know you better in 2010. Much love and Hugs friend! ~CC Catherine
Merry, Merry Christmas, Sheila! I hope you have the most wonderful of holidays with your loved ones.
xoxo
Claudia
Such a BEAUTIFUL post, Shelia - The reason for the season!!
Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas!
xo
I love these verses,too, Sheila!
Merry Christmas!
Hello Sweet Sheila!! Hoping you sweet sugar gal will have a delightful Christmas celebration!!
Love this post, and the hope, peace and joy the words invoke in my spirit!! Thank you for sharing them, and thank you for all the love you share with me and blogland!
Have a blessed Christmas full of love, laughter and JOY!!
Love and big HUGS
Becky
Merry Christmas to you too Sheila and thank you ever so much for bringing light and love into my life whenever you visit me. I really do appreciate you and how you bring joy into the world for so many.
Merry Christmas to the nicest woman in the entire world, and to Mr. Magpie, too.
All three of us consider ourselves very blessed to count you as a friend.
Hugs,
Gary, Lisa and Bri
P.S. We will be staying home for Christmas. The word came down at 9:00 PM...gotta laugh over that one.
Wonderful post. I love to read the Christmas Story. Merry Christmas.
Merry Christmas dear heart. Miss you.
Thank you for this wonderful post today. Love the pictures that you've incorporated with it. Wishing you a most Merry Christmas and all the blessings that it holds for you and those you love. Thanks for sharing and for visiting me today.
Cheers!
Sheila, this is a beautiful post! Thank you for sharing it. And thank you for all your visits and kind words. You are a dear friend. I'm so happy to have your friendship.
Christmas blessings to you and your family. ~ Sarah
Have a wonderful Christmas, Sheila, the readings bout our Lord's birth are beautiful. Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog yesterday, you are a dear and I'm so glad to "know" you. Hugs and love, Cindy S.
This is indeed GOOD NEWS! I am spreading the news on my blog too! Kindred spirits are we.
Merry Christmas, Sheila! I look forward to the new year and getting to know you better.
Dear Sheila!
Merry Christmas! I loved the comment you have left me. Thank you for your warm wishes.
Have a very merry Christmas and A fun filled holiday
Love
Chaitra
Hi Shelia!
The beauty of your pictures serves as a perfect backdrop to the beauty of the story! What a wonderful combination!
I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Fondly,
Karen
You are such a blessing:)
Merry CHRISTmas to you~~~
May god richly bless you today!
Warm Hugs,
Kay Ellen
Thank you for sharing the true reason for the season with your good news.
Merry Christmas Sheila! Your post is what it is truly all about! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends! We have a bit of sunshine today although not as warm as sunny Florida! Take care and we'll look forward to your return! Hugs Sherri : )
What a beautiful post---the true reason for the season! As we celebrate the birth of Jesus, best wishes to you and your loved ones for a very Merry & blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year! Patti
Hi Sheila! Wanted to wish you and your family a wonderful holiday filled with lots of Merry and Bright!
Yes the very best news of Christmas, isn't it. Thanks for being a faithful reader, even when I've not been a faithful blogger. It's been a hard year.. maybe 2010 will shine brighter.
Merry Christmas to you.
Blessings to you and yours this Christmas and always!
Merry Christmas to you and your family, Sheila! May much joy fill your heart and home this beautiful season.
Christmas blessings,
Sandi
Dear, dear Sheila...what a wonderful, glorious post! I'm still swamped with things to do tonight, but so glad I stopped long enough to visit your blog...thank you so much for sharing the Biblical account of the first Christmas, and why we celebrate this time each year.
Sending prayers and wishes that your Christmas is blessed and full of joyful moments with family and friends!
Mary
Merry Christmas Sheila...
This is a beautiful post...I wish for you a very Merry Christmas and a very happy and healthy 2010.
Enjoy..*hugs*
Judi
just poping by to say have the most fantastic festive day thanks for al your visits to my blog
Val
Merry Christmas Mrs. Magpie! We wish you a beautiful day celebrating our Savior's birth! Enjoy this special day with your family! With lots of love from Colorado to Florida, Denise :-)
We Wish You a Merry♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Christmas♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪We Wish You a Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♥ ♥ ♥We Wish You A Merry ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Christmas ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ And a Happy New Year!!! Merry Christmas to everyone........
Merry Christmas!
Sandie
Let the Lord be with you to,
Maria Berg, Sweden
See you in 2010 an new and exiting year.
Merry Christmas and a happy new year.
The Greatest Story ever told! So glad to serve a Savior that was born so long ago on Christmas morn, and is still very much alive today! Beautiful post!
~Wishing you and your family a Very Blessed and Merry Christmas, dear friend! ~hugs, Rhonda :)
Sheila, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. This was a lovely post!
Oh Sheila! What a beautiful post! I hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas ♥
Sheila, YOU are the talented one! I struggle just to find out out to post a comment at a blog! YOU are also talented with your posts: How pleasant the day after two wonderful days of feasting and family to wake up to "O Holy Night." I can barely post pics and then I can't order them as I'd like to do.So God has created us all with different talents, and how amazing is that?!! May the new year bring you and your family many blessings.
God gave us the greatest gift of all,am praising Him with you,many blessings to you in the coming year,hope you had a merry Christmas,hugs,phylliso
Merry Christmas Sheila... and joyous Noel!
God Bless. Dixie
Very beautiful Sheila!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Blessings, Mary
Hi Sheila! I've been a real stranger haven't I. I'm behind on all my reading.
My Christmas was quiet. Dinner at my mother's.
All the snow has melted but it's been very cold here. I'm already wishing for warmer days and getting outside. :-)
Hugs
I hope your Christmas was wonderful! I love the Christmas story. So beautiful. :)
Blessings,
Sandra
What a beautiful post Sheila! Enjoy your time with your family and Happy New Year!
That is a lovely message and yes, it is very good news that our Dear Saviour was born unto us! Merry Christmas to you and yours and God's blessing in the coming new year!
Mrs. Magpie, you have been an amazing part of my year. I am blessed to have you in my life.
I hope you had a very merry Christmas, and my sincerest wishes for a healthy, wealthy and happy 2010.
Much love, Laura xoxo
Ms. Magpie...We hope you are having a wonderful holiday! Grammy posted today...so stop over and see us! Holiday Hugs...Jalina Rose
Hope you had a very, very Merry Christmas, Sheila! You are a blessing!
Oh I must have just missed you. I just posted a new post. It's so cold here. I went to the store earlier. Had on a jeans, t-shirt, another long sleeve t-shirt, a big sweater, a big winter coat. I was still freezing as I was inside shopping. In walks this man wearing flip flops. :-O
Florida sounds nice right now!! Hug
AMEN!! What a wonderful post of the Christmas season, Sheila.
Your photos are so appropriate & beautiful.
My Australian company has left & all is quiet in my house now so I'm enjoying visiting with my bloggy friends.
I hope you & Mr. Magpie had a beautiful & blessed Christmas. I was so happy to have mine still with me to celebrate this year.
Hugs,
Rett
Hello dear Sheila, I was here when we arrived at our daughter's home and wrote a long post that never posted. Her computer was out of commission for a few days. Working at last, as of yesterday.
Your post has the verses that means so much to us at Christmas. Your photos are beautiful.
We are in Kissimmee this week. I too would love to meet you. One of our trips that isn't so hectic, lets try to arrange it. There is Sally and Becky too. It would be great fun to plan a blogging friends get together, wouldn't it? I am sure there are more too.
We are heading home tomorrow. Bill has an appointment in Atlanta for his hearing aids in the late afternoon. Then we will head for the mountains for a 2 1/2 hour drive. Not so bad, but it will be a Loooong day.
Happy New Years wishes to you and yours.
Love xoxo, Jeanne
Shiela, what a beautiful post! Thinking of the greatest story ever told this Christmas and New Year. Wishing you and your family a Happy and Blessed New Year.
Karen
Such a lovely post, Sheila!! I took a Christmas break so I missed it when you first posted and missed wishing you a wonderful and blessed Christmas. So for now, Happy New Year!!
You know I count you as one of my very special friends. We go back a long time!! Someday I will work my way down to your sunny paradise or you can work your way up to my ever diverse neck of the woods. Wouldn't that be grand!! :-)
Be safe in your travels. Love ya!!
xoxo
Janie
Wishing You and Mr. Magpie a belated Merry Christmas. Your pictures you posted were beautiful. All Christmas Eve day we received wind gusts up to 57 mph with blizzard snow....this is the day I decided of all days to to "SHOP!' I certainly do it up right when I decide to do it up big.....oh my goodness, it was cold with 3 capital CCC's....but people were out everywhere. Later they closed most of the Interstates between OKC, Tulsa,to Missouri...I talked with my cousin down in Duncan and Lawton, OK and they were in the same fix...just last night they found a poor man frozen in his truck, here in OK, under 6 ft. of snow...the family really needed him...poor but lots of love to spread around...lots of sadness this time of year but you know Shelia, more and more every day I see a little piece of God's puzzle come into play.... He is not really that mysterious...He brings people into our lives for so many reasons, as we have talked before but it is really just all about Him and us being His hands extended to those who are hurting.
I HOPE YOU HAD A WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS AND ALL YOUR PRAYERS WERE ANSWERED....EVERYTHING ALWAYS HAS A WAY OF WORKING OUT.
Angel Hugs
Love
Debbie
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year las. I am blessed and thankful to have a frind in you. I loved the post. Thank You for being a dear friend.
This is such a beautiful post! Jesus is the reason for the season. Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Magpie ♥
Love, Carol
Shelia darling, it was so uplifting to read your entry. I hope your Christmas was magical and that 2010 will be stellar.
Happy Twirls and CHEERS!
Thank you for sharing this Sheila. It means so much to me to read these words.
We all love you so much dear friend! You are a sweetheart!
Happy New Year & Many Blessings!
~Melissa :)
Thank you for taking the time to share the story of the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. What a wonderful way to celebrate! I hope you are enjoying your time with family. We were able to spend Christmas together, what a joy! Thanks for your wonderful and thoughtful comments, they mean the world to us!
teri & micki
You are so sweet! And a Merry Christmas to you too, albeit a bit late.
But Happy New Year!
:))))))))))
Love you back!
I have missed you. Those are wonderful scriptures. I hope you had the best Christmas ever.
All the best,
Allison
Happy New Year Sheila,
Enjoy your break, but don't be gone too long, we miss you too much! Hugs, Cindy
Hi Sheila! Just stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year! I hope you are enjoying your break! I am spiffing up the house and getting ready for my annual black-eyed peas and collard greens dinner with friends and family! I like to make sure everyone around me gets a big helping of them to start our year off right! lol Happy week!...hugs..Debbie
Valentine's Day is right around the corner! Yup, it is.
Please join me in my very first "Amour Valentine Swap". It's going to be easy, peezy and so much fun.
Just drop on over to my blog for the details, then send me an email if you'd like to participate. The more the merrier.
Thanks,
Cathy
Merry Christmas, Sheila -- you did the perfect Christmas post!
What a beautiful post! So touching and moving - thank you for sharing. Hope you had a wonderful holiday and wishing you the best for the New Year. Blessings ~ Stephanie Lynn
I know I've already commented here but I wanted to tell you how much your words and comments mean to me. You write so sincerely and it ALWAYS touches my heart. Thank you for being a blessing to me. I appreciate YOU.
Happiest of New Years to you and your loved ones Sheila and thank you for being such a wonderful friend, I am truly blessed to know you. big hugs, Kathy.
Hi Sheila! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas. I, too, love the Christmas Story....thank you for sharing that. As our Priest was reading the gospel on Christmas Eve night (from Luke), I told my daughter that I just get goosebumps every time I hear it or read it. She agreed. I just did again as I read your post.
I hope you have a safe and Happy New Year, Sheila. I look forward to many, many more of your great posts. Dana
Many blessings to you Shelia in 2010...its been so great getting to know you my daughter...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
How lovely! It has been such a pleasure to follow your wonderful blog this year and I do so enjoy your return visits to mine and sunnyboy's blog. I hope you have a very happy 2010 and look forward to reading many more of your delightful posts. :)
What a great photo of the kiddo's in your header - love the magical smiles!
Hope that you had a wonderful Christmas. Enjoy your New Year!
Leann
Greetings to you Dear Shelia,
To this post, I say Amen, and Amen, I know I am a week late, as i have not been on my computer for over two weeks.
Shelia, I thank you for being such an encouragement to me, and for all that you do to make blogging so pleasurable, you are truly an example of a Christian to all of us here in blogland.
i want to wish you and your dear family the most blessed and happiest New Year, enjoy your time off.
Hugs,
Sue.
Hi Sheila,
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I am wishing you the most marvelous New Year!
Hugs,
Penny
Shiela, thank you for this lovely blog so appropriate - Merry Christmas!
Hi Sheila, I think this is the first time I noticed the header. The kids are beautiful. Happy New Year my special little friend, Mollye
Well, the old year is about to end and the new one beginning. Let's keep the Christmas Story in our life all year round!
Wishing you a happy new year. Sandie
PS Are those your grandchildren?
Sweet!
Sandie
Thank you for your lovely comment Sheila!
I hope you are fine.
I wish a happy New Year!
X
Hi Ms. Magpie...I'm hopping over to wish you a very happy and healthy 2010! I am so lucky to have you in my little world, I tell you. You have truly brightened my 2009...thank you so much for making it special. xo, Laura
All the best to you and your family sheila for 2010! Happy New Year!!
Sheila -
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and will have a happy new year!!!!
love your header - they are adorable!!!!!!
Joni
Sheila~Happy New Years Eve! I missed you at Christmas...so, I had to come by to let you know how much I've enjoyed getting to know you and I look forward to many more visits in 2010.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Happy New Year dear! Many, many blessings for 2010. Lots of love. Hugs
Just wanted to swing by and wish you a very Happy New Year Sheila! Hope you have a wonderful one. Kathy (LOVE that header photo - what sweeties!)
Hi, Sheila ...
Just dropping by to wish you and Mr. Magpie a very happy and memorable new year. You never cease to inspire and amaze me with your gracious way with words and your beautiful imagination.
happy new year to you and mr. magpie, sheila,
thank you for being a wonderful bloggy friend and all the encouragement for 2009. we became friends at a difficult time in my life but thank god every day for him causing you to cross my path. you were an inspiration planting seeds in my mind and heart that would literally grow up over night when our beloved amy went into her coma and 2 months later passing on to heaven....thank you for teaching me to sing during the storm.
i have a new blog......simply debbie. you may get there from my profile page of there's an angel on my front porch or the url
http://iamsimplydebbie.blogspot.com
when you have time stop by.
love
angel hugs
debbie
We never can tire of hearing that glorious news!
Happy New Year to you and your family Shelia!
Karla & Karrie
Merry Christmas and happy new year. I hope 2010 brings you much happiness and good health.
Sam
Hello Beautiful Soul!! Bringing you a HAPPY NEW YEAR Hello and a big squishy hug from me, Sheila! Hope all is well with you and yours!! Hope your break ends soon!! :o)
You are so loved here in blogland, gal. What a treasure you are to all of us. You brighten my days, and shine the love of Christ so beautifully!
May He keep and cover you with His amazing love all year through, and cause your influence to continue to grow!
Love you! Can't wait for our March bloggers event!! It will be here before we know it! Such fun!!
HUGS,
Becky
Happy New Year Sheila!
I just love your header, with those beautiful children! It's so cold here today, and I am dreaming of warm places, (like Florida) LOL! I spent today putting Christmas decor away, kind of sad, but now I will start dreaming of spring!
I hope your Christmas was a happy one and your New Year's too!
Hugs to you,
Cindy
Hoping you had a very merry Christmas and wishing you the very best for the new year. :)
I count blessings, on this Jan 1st...among them are you. Cheers dear one...may your New Year cup runneth over with His abundant love!
Thank you for always being so supportive...no matter where my life has traveled :)
Happy New Year, Dear Sheilaness. I just wanted to wish you joy, happiness and many blessings for 2010!! We're home a couple days and then off again.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Thanks for stopping by to visit Sheila--I hope you've had a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best in 2010!
Blessing to you Ms. Shelia! Jalina and I love it when you visit us...and we love to visit you! I love your new header...I can't believe how adorable everyone looks...Hugs!
what a lovely post! thanks for sharing. I hope your Christmas was filled with joy and that the New Year brigns many blessings your way.
My GOSH! Would you look at all these comments! I am not even going to try to see if I've already commented before because it would take too much work! LOL! I just came by to wish you a Happy New Year and thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Thanks! Hope you had a lovely Christmas and I so love reading the Nativity out of the Bible! It's such a lovely story!
So nice to see you , Shelia. Thanks for the visit. I hope you had wonderful celebrations with the family and I hope 2010 brings you more joy, peace, health and prosperity....Christie
Ooops, I meant Sheila
:-)....Christine
Great Balls of Fire...there's so many comments here, it took me all day to get to the front of the line to leave you a message!!! :>)
I wanted to say thanks so much for the well wishes for the new year and for my ole 72nd birthday...Your kind words made me feel all fuzzy...
HAPPY NEW YEAR, dear friend...
xo bj
Wishing you all the best in 2010!
Happy Pink Saturday and A Wonderful New Year!
Blessings!
Regards Sheila
Regina
Cutie Happy New Year!! I so love visiting your blog you have the best stories hugs and kisses Grace
Happy New Year. Wishing you the very best in 2010 x
Happy New Year! And Happy Pink Saturday. Looking forward to seeing you back on here soon. : )
Blessings,
Tricia
Hi Sheila, Hope to see you posting again soon. I am sure you are having a lovely time though and I want to hear all it when you get back. Happy New Year to you.
Deborah
Sheila - Happy New Year to you too!
Hi Sheila, Hoping that your New Year is off to a fantastic start, and wishing you many blessings for the coming year! :) Thanks for always being so sweet and uplifting when you comment! You are a precious friend! ~hugs, Rhonda
The Christmas story is dear to my heart and the music you had playing in the background brought tears to my eyes. This was one of my favorite childhood hymns and it always stirs deep emotions in me whenever I hear it. Thank you for your faithful comments, it blesses me more than you can imagine! I wish you a very Happy New Year!
Hey, my dear Sheila, thanks for stopping by again. ANd yes, I do put all my ornaments up in the attic. Never had any problem with them breaking or melting or anything. Just candles. It might get hotter in your area, but I'd say you'd probably be safe. It's pretty darn hot up in our attic during the heat of mid-summer. xoxo & Happy New Year to you, my friend!
Happy,happy new year to you!!! Lovely post! Chrissy
Happy New Year Sheila
Lovely post... lovely pictures...beautiful.
I hope your Christmas was beautiful and I wish all the very best to you for 2010. May this be a happy, healthy and rejoiceful year.
I look foward to all our blogging friendship this year as well.
Enjoy and keep well.
*hugs*
Judi
Saw my chicken friend again today. Sitting along the edge of the yard by the creek. Gave him some bird seed. Don't know if he'll eat that or not. :-) It's that or a peanut butter sandwich. Hugs
Beautiful post, sweet friend! Nice to read now, even though I'm a bit late.
Hugs,
Susan
Hi Sheila,
Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you prosperity, abundance and health beyond your fondest dreams! How was your Christmas? The photo you have posted as your banner is just adorable! What a perfect picture.
I want to thank you for your comments and visits to my blog. They are ever appreciated.
Hugs! =D
~Kitty Kellie
Hello Sheila, stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Beautiful post!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Thanks for your sweet visit my friend! :)
Sheila, I do love you so. Thank you!
Thank you so much for playing over at http://adivashammer.blogspot.com/
What fun...
But doesn't rival the "doll story" vid, oh gosh!!! And I have it now bookmarked~for my grandaughter is in love...LOL...
Great taste by your Mr. Santa Magpie, he clearly loves you~~~ :)
(hugs forever)
Good Morning my sweet daughter...well I hope you had a great New years...Girl I have been so sick I didn't even care ha ha!! Did you get all you wanted for Christmas....I hope you got tons of shiny things my friend...Thanks for coming by and the best part of 2009 was getting to meet you...looking forward to 2010 and seeing more of you...Many Blessings in the coming year my sweet girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
This really is the good news.
Just stopping by.... Hope you have a blessed New Year.
Hello Sheila, This post is wonderful no matter how many times I read it. The photos just knock your socks off.
I woke up to a calm morning enjoying my coffee and my sister called to ask me if I want to do the Scott Antique Show in Atlanta this weekend. It starts on Thurs and ends on Sun. Years ago I did it every month driving up from FL. I do have some things to sell, so I said yes. Now I am wondering if I lost my mind. I have to think of my quilt challenge. LOL. Wish me luck my friend.
I am really looking forward to meeting you in March. I hope we can gather lots of blogging friends to join in.
I better get busy or I am lost.
Love xoxo, Jeanne
Hope you enjoyed the holidays, Sheila, and wishing you a very Happy New Year!!
Hugs,
Donna
Sheila,
thank you for your nice comment and sweet wish!
May your New Year be filled with joy, love, peace, health and beauty.
Blessings,
Monicax.
Post a Comment