Good Morning (even though it's really afternoon now)! It seems like forever since I said that to you, my sweet blogging friends. I have missed visiting your blogs and hearing news of you and your lives more than you know. I pray all is well in your corner of the world...
For the past few weeks, I have been at our getaway which doesn’t have computer access. As I said in my last post, I was preparing for a blogger luncheon and the visit of birthday girl Claudie who came with her friend Julie all the way from Canada to visit me and other blogging friends across the United States!
And what a marvelous time Claudie, Julie and I had together with other bloggers (Becky, Deborah, Jeanne, Lisa, and Teresa) and with David and Mr. Magpie, too! The only thing that could have made it better is if you had been there with us!

I am awaiting Claudie and Julie’s safe return to Canada, and then Julie will send me a disc of the adventures to share with you because I was too busy running around like a chicken with my head cut off to take photos. ;-) I did manage to take one or two pitiful shots, but I’m waiting for the really good ones Julie took to report on the party and the wonderful friends gathering...
After our adventures together, I spent some time there cleaning and resting because Mrs. Magpie is not as young as she once was! LOL! All in all, it was the best of times to get to meet some of the people whom I have grown to love online. If you ever have this opportunity, take it! You won’t be sorry! :-)
While I was MIA, I got a couple of messages through other friends who have computer access so I heard about Sally’s surgery, Claudia’s FIL, and Shelia’s grandchild and stole a few minutes on a borrowed computer. But I have been concerned that I might have missed other important events in your lives. So please forgive me if I did.
Then, just as I got home, I received an email from someone who has been interested in buying our house. They were waiting for property to sell(which just happened), and now they are considering a move to St. Augustine. After the long, hard winter, spring maintenance on our property is now a priority and is requiring my full attention. I have to supervise workmen from painters to landscapers and everything between… need I say more??? ;-) So I will be gone for an extended period of time. I've been trying to do it from home the last few days (which is quite a drive), but I need to be there to get things done. I fall into the bed exhausted every night.

For the next day or so, I am going to attempt to visit you, but after that, I’ll be gone for weeks. I hope you won’t forget me while I’m gone! BECAUSE… when I get back, there is going to be a neat blog drawing. It’s a surprise, so I’ll tell you about it when I return! A girl's got to have some surprises! ;-)
In the mean time, Mr. Magpie and I really need your prayers. I believe in the power of prayer, and I am asking you for your help here. We thought we would have long since closed on the house by now with another couple who basically left us at the altar, but in truth, I’m now glad they didn’t get it. God has a way of working everything out, and looking back on it, they would not have been right for the house. When you love a place as much as we love ours, it’s important to feel good about the sale. You want to entrust an an historic house (who is like our child) with people who appreciate the glory of a lady who has lived for over a century and is still lovely. We believe the couple who is currently looking is right for it. I could sell it to them happily because we are crazy about them. We generally sell our houses to friends, so this would be ideal if it works out. Please pray for us to have both the Lord’s favor and blessing on the house sale. We are placing this in His hands, and we would truly appreciate so much you being in agreement with us that the Lord’s will is done. And if you have another prayer you would send to God for us, please pray for both of us to have renewed strength and health.
Thank you for your love and concern. It means the world to us. May the Lord bless you one hundred fold in return! :-)
See you in a few. Please keep the light on for me…
Warmly,
A tired but grateful Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
P.S. This is a note to let you know how much Sheila and I appreciate your kind thoughts and prayers. She's still overseeing some work being done to our retreat, and even though she doesn't have computer access there, I've read her all the comments that have come in since she left. She sends you her best, and I'd like to add my best to you, too.
In appreciation,
Mr. Magpie




159 comments:
Praying all goes well. Missing you sweet friend. Love, Rebecca
I have missed you....don't overdo!! Coming from one who KNOWS! Praying all goes well with the house.
What a busy time you have had.
I will remember you in my prayers.
Take care,
Fiona
I've missed you terribly - but am glad that things are moving along - and that you had such a grand visit with friends. I'll be waiting patiently - I'll even have a plate of cranberry/pecan shortbreads baked and ready for your return. Our best in all that is happening.
Missing you, Sheila! I'm happy you had such a wonderful time with Claudie and her friend. Keeping you, your husband, and the sale of the house in my thoughts.
Don't work too hard - I mean that.
xo
Claudia
I'll be thinking of you, and praying for the right outcome for you and Mr M. DS sends you a big squish! x
There is NO WAY I could EVER forget my Sheila! ♥ I'm praying for everything to work out well for you. I miss you! I can't wait until you're back here like normal! I wish I could have been there to meet you. That would have been the best ♥
Good to see you back even if only briefly. Arizona bloggers enjoyed a tea yesterday in Mesa. If you have a moment you might want to visit Sherry's blog (Country Wings in Phoenix). I'm planning to do a post tomorrow but she already has one up.
Blessings and prayers for you at this special time.
Charlotte
Sounds like you have had a whirlwind few weeks. I'm so happy that you got to meet some fellow bloggers and have some fun time together. I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I know exactly how you feel about the sale of your home and I pray that all goes well for you. But don't forget to take care of yourself too! So happy to see a post from you anytime dear friend. Don't work yourself into a frazzle. Hugs, Kathy
Thanks so much for visiting me today. I will be praying for you to have just the right buyer for your home. I know how it is to become attached to a home and want it to be as cherished by the next owner as you yourself have cherished it. Take care of yourself!
I've missed you and will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that all goes as planned. I know this must be a stressful time. Your pansy planters are stunning. Makes me wish I had planted some. I've been busy in my garden each day trying to get some green back. LOL The severe winter took a toll and I've got much to do. Being as I'm not as young as I once was, :-) I'm working several hours each day. Just can't spend the entire day anymore. If I do, then I can hardly get out of bed the following day. Take care, sweet friend. I'll be away from my compute most of April, but hope the auto post works for me. See you when you get back.
So glad to hear from you Sheila! I will say a prayer for you and the Mr. and that the house closes, with the right people signing on the dotted line!
I added a local news video clip that showed my son scoring in the game if you have time to stop back by. It's so nice to see these athletes get recognition!
Hugs,
Dawn
Hi Sheila,
I have so missed hearing from you. Sounds like a busy time for you and I hope that the house closing works out and that you can get your life back in order. Here's to you my dear friend and I can't wait to see those pics and the blogging surpise!
Hugs, Cindy
Sheila, I'm glad to see you back, even if it's just dropping in. Will pray that God works things out for your home sale.
I so envy the blog gathering--I've read reports on Lisa's and Becky's blogs, respectively.
Take care and I look forward to seeing you post again one day :-)
I hope all goes well for you, sugar, and never ever admit that you're not as young as you used to be!!!!
xoxo,
Connie
Thank you so much for taking time to stop by and visit me. As much as I am the wayward "child" and a skeptic, my mother and sister have gathered the best of the best to pray for our situation, and I will be sure to add you and Mr. Magpie to the list, as we have done with others. We are thankful to be well, but have had some news in the past week that changes everything.
I'm so glad you are getting help with the house prep. It's a great idea and it may be just the solution for us here, too.
Rest up, renew and we will "see" you in a just a bit.
Dear Sheila, Thank you so much for the kind comments you leave on my blog. It sounds like you have been super busy. I will pray that the sale of your home goes well and that you and Mr. Magpie get the rest and relaxation you deserve. We will all be here waiting for your return. I hope you have a very blessed Easter.
What fun that some of the gals got together. I can't wait to read your posts.
Oh, I have missed you. I can't wait to hear about all of the fun you had meeting all of these sweet ladies.
You must be really exhausted so of course I will be praying for you and I have my fingers crossed that the sale of your house goes through.
Again...miss you much!
xoxo
Janie
Can't wait until you get back and can 'set a spell with the lights on'.
I'll miss you and I'll pray that everything goes well and you can get home and finally get some rest.
Sandie
I'll be praying here too, Sheila. HUGS
Sandra
I'm so happy for your good news; I do hope (and will pray) that the sale goes through smoothly. Happy Palm Sunday!
It's good to know what you've been up to and what's on the horizon as well. The pansies are BEAUTIFUL! I have added the two of you to my prayer list and will be sending energy your way.
Hugs and blessings,
Dear Sheila.
Close your eyes.
Did you feel them?
All the warm wishes and prayers and hugs coming across the miles from all your friends who care about you.
Wait.
Here it comes again.
Forget you?
Oh silly girl.
Whenever I see your name it makes me smile.
And I know that is true for so many others.
Sending prayers and hugs and hope and friendship that all will end well and you will be back to share happy ending stories with us quite soon!
Will definitely be praying, DEAREST Sheila!
My, those flowers you put in are GOR-GEOUS!!!!
I know you have to work, but don't work too hard, okay?
Hugs!
Hi Sheila! Yes it's really me. LOL I've been very MIA. It seems so hard to get on the computer these days. Just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you. Hugs
We'll be praying!!
I have said a prayer and I do believe things have a way of working out the way they are supposed to. It sounds as if the right people have come along to love your home.
I can't thank you enough for all of your kind words. It amazes me that someone I've never met in person could be so kind. You'll never know how touched I am. Hopefully, we will both be back in Blogland soon with only good things to talk about.
Good luck to you,
Sue
Hi Sheila,
Thanks for taking time to visit me tonight! Also nice to see you. LOVE your flowers and I do hope your house is sold to the couple you like so much. Best of luck with it all and don't work too hard!!! WIll see you when you return for my adventures! xoxo betzie
Oh, I've missed you lots, Sheila! And I was so glad to read about your wonderful gathering on Becky's blog, and she had some wonderful photos too (you did a great job!), I was so happy to see and hear about it all! And thank you so much for your visit to my blog and your sweet comment.
I for sure will keep you and your intentions in my prayers. You're the best, Sheila!
God Bless!
Love to you,
Eileen
How wonderful that you got to spend time with far away bloggig friends...there are so many ladies all over the country that I have come to love and I always wonder if I will ever actually meet them in person....Best of luck with the house and as you said everything happens for a reason and if you feel these people are the right ones for your home then the sale will go through....hope your back bloggig real soon....and an early Happy Easter!
Well, hello, sweet friend,
You have certainly been missed! I am so glad you had a wonderful visit with your friends. I am loving the sweet little chickie and those wonderful pansies. I will be praying for you and your husband for strength and good health. I will also send up prayers that the exactly right buyers (the ones God intended) will buy your home. I know how much you love it. I feel the same way about my home. Have a blessed week, and we will never ever forget you, Sheila!! Blessings and love being sent your way! Vicki
Shelia~
I am so happy you are having a great time with such wonderful bloggers.
Keeping you in my prayers as you prepare to sell your home.
Thanks for stopping by and saying hello....all is going good we are packing things up in preparation for our move to Charleston,SC. at the end of April.
Hugs ~ Tami
So nice to hear that you had a nice get together, Sheila. Too bad I missed it but I was gone to the Caribbean for a week, just got home tonight. I'll pray and will keep my fngers crossed for the sale to go through. I've missed ya! Thanks for visiting! Love your pansies!...Christine
I gave you an award sweet Sheila :) It's here
Dear sweet Shelia, Yes I am in agreement with you and Mr. Magpie, about the sale of your beautiful home, and that God will continue to strengthen you both as you prepare her for her new owners. I have so missed you and now will miss you even more.
I am so glad you had this fun time with these beautiful ladies.
Much love and hugs going your way. I will be looking for your return,
Love,
Sue
Sheila the pictures I did see of Claudies party are amazing! What a great effort you put in, to make the day special for everyone! I guess that is what they call"Southern Hospitality!!" I really wish I was there to meet you, I have only heard such wonderful things about you! I will pray for you and your husband! I hope all goes well with the sale of your house and the improvements you are in the middle of! It's a stressful time but hopefully summer will be relaxing! I look forward to you returning, and of course you would not be forgotten! Best wishes Sherri XOXO
Prayers coming your way! My your life be blessed in the coming weeks, and we will look out for you!
teri & micki
Hello Sheila glad to hear from you. Thoughts and prayers on your way now.
A blessed Holy Week and Easter.
I, too, have missed you, Sheila. I hope all goes well with the sale of your beloved house. I know how stressful that can be.
It sounds as if you have your hands full "supervising" the maintenance and landscaping projects, too -- also very stressful!
Take care of yourself and take time out to "smell the roses, or Sweet Olive, or Jasmine" every now and then.
We'll keep a lamp on for you, and will look forward to seeing "The Quintessential Magpie" at the top of our blog lists again soon.
Sheila, I miss you so much but totally understand! And I will keep you in my prayers that this sale will go through without a hitch and the couple you love will take your beautiful house and love it into the future!!
Much love to you!
Lou Cinda :)
Oh Sheila we could never forget you and when you get ready we will all bore you to tears with our little tidbits. You indeed have our prayers for health and for God'd will in the sale of your home. Please let things happen and try not to be WONDERWOMAN, though we know you really are! Love ya, Mollye
OH Mrs. Magpie...God will supply all you need! We'll be praying for you both (and you are so silly thinking that we'd forget about you - indeed!) Take care of your nest & we'll be sitting by patiently :)
Hi Sheila
Firstly THANK YOu so much for your lovely comment. Your really are so kind and generous and such a special friend. I do hope that one day when we return to Florida we too can meet in person.
I will definately pray about your house sale and your health.
Glad to hear the Blogging Party went well. I look forward to hearing all about it.
I will miss you during your blog break but I will be right there welcoming you back when you return
Lindsay
x
First, thank your for the "invite" in St. Augustine. I love the city! I've already had my visit but will certainly keep it in mind for next time. My sister lives in Leesburg.
I know what you mean about selling a home. We've moved several times and each time have been fortunate enough to turn our home over to nice people who have loved it as we did. We now live in an old (1921) arts and crafts home and love it. When it's time to let it go, we hope to find just the right people for it. I do hope the same works out for you.
Until we "meet" again!
Best,
Bonnie
Oh, I do hope you sell your home and its to the right people and most important, that you feel good about it. Sounds like your life will be quite full the next month so relax, take everything at your own pace, and remember, we will all still be here when you return and we will welcome you with open arms!!
Send hugs and prayers your way Sheila!
~Ann
It is so good to see a post again, and of course I'm praying! You bet, my friend!
Hi Sheila, Prayers and distant hugs from me to you for an excellent outcome. I can't see all the photos you posted because something is wrong with blogger on my end. I know you and Claudie (who I just adore) must have had an absolute blast. I am very lucky as I plan on doing the same thing the week after Easter. It is a long long drive for me and I dread it but I can't wait to see the other bloggers and there will be lots of treasure hunting on the way. Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by when you can. xo
You never have to ask, Sheila...prayers are headed your way! We're sure going to miss you 'round here!
Sending much love and prayer that ALL will go well, feel right and for your renewed health and strength. Our loving Father in Heaven is very much in charge of our lives and I have felt HIS help this past week myself.
You dear sweetheart I am thrilled you were able to meet so many precious friends. It is true how much friends in this wonderful world have blogging have come to mean so much.
Be careful and don't over do it.
Love you ~♥
Keeping you in our prayers, and hoping things go smoothly.
Don't work yourself to a frazzle!!
Can't wait for your return, my friend. You're dearly missed by many. :)
SHEILA DEAR! First of all, thank you for attempting to watch my theatre show. I am sorry that you were not able to see the photos...they make the show! Secondly, I really hope that you will be able to sell your home. Even though many people have had such a hard time selling, GOD is in control and has that plan just for each one of us. You are in His care! Your pictures are lovely and it is good to see you! OH! YOU SPENT TIME WITH CLAUDIE? I love her! I don't know Julie. Well dear Magpie, do take care, take each day at a time, and we love you! You will find success soon. Bisous, Anita
Hello Sheila,
We truly believe in answered prayer in my little nest. We've seen God come through so many times. We actually sold a house in one day...no realtor, and 85 cent ad in the local paper. My husband was enrolled in Bible college and we needed to move...this was in 1980.
I love your blog and I'm a bit of a magpie myself. My hubby is getting ready to retire in 2011.
I can't wait for you to get back, so that I can get to know you better. The get-togethers with other bloggers is something that I have thought about myself. Sounds wonderful! I have had a penpal for years and we have gotten together several times. We are very close friends now, even though we don't live in the same state.
Please visit my blog sometime and see my home, my gardens, my pets and my chit-chat. I have lots of interests.....my latest blog is on books...
so nice to find you,
hugs
ANDREA at My Feathered Nest
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU SHEILA!!! And am before the throne in your behalf! May it be done, Lord, may it be done!! In Jesus Name! Amen!
Big squishy hugs dear one! I'll be in touch!
Love,
Becky
I am praying that you do find the right people for your home. Sounds like you need a rest though so I hope you don't have to work tooooooo hard. I saw pictures from Jeanne's blog of the FABULOUS party you threw....what FUN!!! Hope you can sneak in some time for yourself and for relaxing.♥
I haven't checked my list in a couple of days, so just now seeing this, Sheila.
I'll miss you and certainly will keep you and Mr Magpie in my thoughts and prayers.
Hi dear Mrs. Magpie! Of course you have my prayers for the sale of your wonderful house! I know from what you have shown us that it is a very special place and someone special should have it! And I understand about needing renewed srenghth! A little time with Claudie and I knew I was in desperate need for some rejuvenaiton! Isn't she a whirlwind? lol I saw some of what she was planning on wearing to your party and I know it was a wonderful event...very Jackie O for her! Yes, Julie took pics for us, too...haven't seen them yet! Rest up, dear friend, and enjoy your well-deserved break! We will be here when you return...hugs...Debbie
I was totally green with envy over your bloggers luncheon! How I would love to meet all of you ... I have met Jeanne and she's wonderful!!!
I hope all goes well with you guys and your home. I hated it when we sold our home of 26 years. We went through a real estate agent, so there's no way you can "size" up the new buyer and how well he will care for the place you called home for so many years. Unfortunately, the folks who bought our home are not into yard care...or house care. I just get sick when I drive by and see it looking shabby.
It was so good to hear from you!!! L, Dana
Glad for this update Sheila. I too have been MIA because of travel and other obligations at work and on the home front.
So glad to hear your house has a wonderful buyer lined up. I will pray all goes smoothly. It sounds like you're going to be quite busy for a good while.
Have a blessed Easter!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well.
Sheila,
I am so happy that you came back and saw the pictures! HEHEHE! I am silly, non? I love to tell stories in a twisted sort of way. Thank you for taking the time dear. And I pray that all will go well with you and your home sale and that life continues on smoothly.
Many blessings, Anita
Mrs. Magpie
I'm Sory i have not gotten back to you in a long time your well come for the blog award!!!!
your blog is so pretty
i love it
XoXo
Oliver
Hi Sheila
Take it easy my sweet friend and leave it all in God's hands.
Prayers and Gentle Hugs
Leann
Good luck with everything Sheila, you and the Mr. are in my prayers. When you come back I have a beautiful blogger award waiting for you. Take Care, Carrie
Praying all goes well, S! Your flowers are beautiful!
Hope you get everything done you need to..but take time to enjoy too!
Look forward to your return!
Happy Easter!
Oh Sweetie...
You have been so missed. As soon as you asked I began praying for your beautiful home to go to the right couple. Lord just please let this be them. We know that you are so tired sweetie and you need some strength to see this through. God is going to pass that righ on over to you.
Please keep us posted on the sale of the house. Sweetie DO NOT overdo. We aren't as young as we used to be and yes we do need strength to get through regular day to day things, so I know this is a stressful time for you, and you need the prayers for this extra BIG thing.
Have a peaceful sleep sweetie, and hand this over to God. He will make it all right. One day at a time.
I love you sweetie...Country hugs and so much love, Sherry
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you! Glad you stopped in before you are gone again, we've missed you!
Try to have a nice Easter!
Love and prayers,
Katherine
Hello Sheila,
Aaawww I saw some pics of the party back at Jeanne's blog. You did wonderfully decorating and preparing. Love the tables and the flower hair pieces :-)
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Yes, I too believe in the power of prayer and in HIm. He does things, sometimes we may not understand but in the end we realize tha it is all for our own good. SOmetimes things does happen unexpected. And like what happened to yours now. I hope so too that all will go well. I am sure the new family who will live in your home will love it and appreciate it as much as you have.
And do be well and feel better - both you and Mr. Magpie. :-) Will be seeing you then when you return.
and as always I leave you with this: Mizpah! (May the Lord keep watch between you and me when we are away from each other - Gen 31:49)
Li
Precious Mrs. Magpie ( Sheila ) I will certainly keep you and Mr. Magpie in my prayers, and for the sale of your Lady Love Home...for sure! How fortunate you are to have someone so kind interested in purchasing her. I just know your time with Claudie was a blast, as my few short days with her were as well. What a treat she and Julie were to have, and get to know better. I will also ask for your prayers, as this Wednesday is the date where we will find out the outcome of the situation I emailed you about back a few months ago. God will be faithful to both our requests, I am sure of it~ Hope to visit you again soon in the future. Like yourself, I have so many personal things pulling me away. Take care and remember to smell the Posies! Hugs! ~CC Catherine
Sheila, Allie and I were drooling over your beautiful pics. Prayers are with you as we know how difficult the whole selling process can be. We may actually have to do it again ourselves shortly and the prospect fills me with such dread. We all do miss you
xoxo Pattie and Allie
Hello Mrs. Magpie!
Oh, I apologize I haven't been by in so long! I didn't know you got to meet several Blogger friends, (how fun!) nor did I know you would be moving soon! My goodness, I have lots to catch up on in your life!!! Yes, I will be praying for you during this time of transition. So pleased that you have found the perfect buyer for your home, and I will be praying that all comes together just as it should. I also pray that the Lord brings you peace in your journey to a new home...
With lots of love,
Denise Kofford :-)
First, just wanted to say thanks for the visit. I always enjoy them! LOL! So glad you got to meet sweet Jeanne. I must have really missed something, b/c I had no idea your house was for sale, and as I said, thought you lived in SC not FL. Are you in St. Augustine? We almost had Easter brunch their last year on our way to Disney. I will say a prayer for you that as you said, God's will be done b/c then you know whatever happens is the right thing. Selling a house is such a stressful time, I wish you the best. Have a wonderful Easter, and a non-stressful blog break! LOL & ((((HUGS)))! Penny
You are gem! We have missed you:) Love all those pretty blooms~~
Prayers coming your way for an answer about the house.
Take Care Sheila:)
Bless you.
Kay Ellen
Boy am I glad Blogger got its photo uploads straightened out. I would have HATED to have missed seeing all your wonderful shots. ♥ ♥ ♥ the pansies!!
Knee-mails already sent for a profitable house sale. :)
Morning girl....it is almost daylight here but I was so thrilled to check in amd see your note..I have missed visiting with you sweet friend...I know all too well the feeling of exhaustion....we have just finished helping move our youngest daughter and her family...then two of my cousins flew in yesterday one from Virigina and the other from South Carolina..we met for lunch then they went to visit my parents and one of our aunts who is in the hospital with heart failure(please lift a prayer for her and her family) I doubt if I hsve even slept 8 solid hours in the last 3 days..so I am like a walking zombie right now...but I know it shall be well..
I pray that the Lord touch and strengthen the both of you and give you a renewed hope and assurance..may a might rushing wind blow over your soul and may the outcome of the house be more than you could even think or imagine...there is a rustling in the mulberry bush sis...get ready! I love you so sweetie...call my name when you talk to Him....~Picket~
Sheila, I've been thinking a lot about you and glad your luncheon with the bloggers went well. Oh how I wish I could have been there. On the good side, my back is getting better, but far from fixed. I'll take getting better at this point.
We're sure hoping your sale goes through on your beautiful house. I know exactly how you feel about who you sell your house to. Those pansies would make anyone want to purchase.
Take care and we'll miss you. See you when you get back.
Sam
Your are just so sweet Sheila. Glad you got to get together with fellow blogging friends. How exciting! I hope all goes well for you and you return rested and renewed.
Have a safe trip Sheila! I will miss you and be thinking of you too! Big Hugs, Cindy
Hi Sheila
You have been and continue to be very busy. Its wonderful you had such a great time with your blogging friends too. Nice that you all met and had fun.
I hope all goes well with the sale of your home. That will keep you busy for sure!
Your pictures are lovely. I hope you have a lovely Easter.
All the best health to you also. I hope you get some time for you as well. Things sometimes just get so very busy don’t they.
*hugs*
See you when you are back. When you are back you can sit back and relax and do some leisurely blog reading to catch up. We’ll be here..
Judi
Thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment. We will see you when you get back, and definitely hope all works out for your on the sale of your wonderful old house. BTW, we love St. Augustine. It's a really cool place.
Scribbler
Definitely praying for that:-) SO nice to hear from you again because you are missed when you're not around! Can't wait until you are back!!!
Hi...so glad you took a moment to sit a spell on my blog during this crazy time for y'all ! I will keep the sale of your home in my prayers. We are in the process of selling our Michigan home, pray it goes through as well. It is taking a very long time, for it is a short sale.
It looks like we might be heading up to your area this weekend! Becky tells me your home is in a beautiful historic area. I love walking in historic neighborhoods! I taught history yrs ago. (Funny you mentioned that fact about Fl's capitol and the civil war...just read that very thing last night!)
Take care during this busy time and maybe I'll see ya!
Bless...Shell
You're in my thoughts and prayers Sheila.
Monicaxo.
Sheila, Take care of yourself. i look forward to our post on the get together.
I will be praying that you will be able to close soon,
Carrie
Prayers for calm, calm, calm days, and nights...
Don't worry! You won't be forgotten in Blogland!
Brenda
Oh my sweet girl...how busy you have been...I hope the peeps buying your home will love it as you have...it's so hard some times to let go...I think about you all the time my Sweet friend...Many Blessing to you on Easter...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Dearest Sheila, I have missed your posts as well as the sweet comments that you leave on my blog. I pray the sale goes through on your beautiful home and that you and your hubby are renewed in strength and vitality, in Jesus Name. Hugs, Cindy S
It was so good to hear from you, Sheila, but I fully understand how busy your life is right now and how you have to pay full attention to that! Make sure you get some rest too!
I will keep saying prayers for you and Mr.Magpie to have luck in selling your house! Best wishes and good luck!
Love your pretty Spring pansy photos --Happy Spring, and have a happy and blessed Easter!
♥ Pat
Been wondering about you. Beautiful post pictures. I'll keep you both in my prayers. Take it easy..we can't wait for you to return {I miss your visits!} Take care and Happy Spring!
Oliver and I will miss you so much , you know he just adores "His Mrs. Magpie"!! We are sending you blessings for this beautiful Easter and Passover season and love and prayers from our home to yours.
xoxo
Bunny
I understand so much about your home, we have a very old farmhouse that I love and feel the need to protect it. I pray it remains in the right hands so history is respected and protected for years to come.
Hello Mrs. Magpie!
I will truly miss your wonderful posts (as I already have!) and look forward to your return! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope that the sale of your house goes smoothly.
Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind words. I really do appreciate it.
Take care!
p.s. Love the pansies!!!
Sounds like you have your work cut out for you, Sheila. Good thoughts are prayers are coming your way. I'm looking forward to your return.
Easter joy and blessings to you and your family.
DEAR SHEILA,
I AM SORRY...I NEVER SAW THIS POST IN MY GOOGLE READER.
HUGS AND PEACE TO YOU AND MR. MAGPIES SPIRIT....IT MUST BE HAPPY AT THE THOUGHT TO SELL YOUR LADY BUT THEN HOPE SOMEONE WILL LOVE HER AS MUCH AS YOU DID. I THINK IT IS A LOVELY IDEA YOU USUALLY SHARE YOUR HOUSES TO FRIENDS.
TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF AND I WILL MISS YOU WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.
MY SOUL. WAITH THOU ONLY UPON GOD; FOR MY EXPECTATION IS FROM HIM. HE ONLY IS MY ROCK AND MY SALVATION; HE IS MY DEFENCE; I SHALL NOT BE MOVED.
~PSALM 62: 5-8
I WILL CERTAINLY ADD YOU TO THE PRAYER LIST.
YOU WERE SUCH AN INSPIRATION TO ME
LOVE
SIMPLY DEBBIE
Sheila,
It's has been a long times since I last visit. Sorry about that...but I'm back...Love your pansies and flowers...so pretty. I will be praying for you and your husband...Hope everything goes well...I seen the pictures of Claudie Birthday on Jeanne blog...What a party...Claudie looks ffabulous...Everything was so beautiful! You take care and I will be waiting for you..katherinellen
Dear Sheila, you definitely have my prayers in this and all things. I have been busy like crazy these past two days since returning home. I am still not unpacked. Sigh. Hopefully today all will be back in order.
I don't know when you will read this so I will email you as well. I love the pansies. I am in the process of planting some now. I have planted some a few weeks ago but now I have more to plant.
I do hope you are successful in the sale of your charming home. If these people want it, then I bet it will go through.
I too will be glad to see the photos Julie has taken. I pray they arrive home safe and sound.
Hugs and love,
Jeanne
OH I know how you feel about selling your home, it's much easier to sell a house then a home.
I'll be keeping you and yours in my prayers!
Hi Sheila, Thank you for letting us know that all is well with you. I was missing your online presence. I will be praying for you and Fred. I am happy that you found a buyer you like for your beautiful house. It does deserve some special owners. Your pansies look beautiful!
Sheila, I know that the Lord will give you both clarity, and He will bless the sale of your home. So glad that you enjoyed your visit with your friends.
Karen
Happy and Blessed Easter, my dear Sheila! I hope and pray the house sale goes thru this time. And get yourself some rest & relaxation. Hugs, my friend!
OH, I think it would so SO lovely to meet online friends! I can't imagine how much fun it would be. Wow.
I will sure keep you in my prayers. I hope your lovely and sweet home goes to the family you are hoping for, and that you have the emotional, physical, and spiritual energy and strength to do all that requires.
God bless you Sheila!
What a precious post. Are you leaving St.Augustine where are you going? I have a very good friend in Jacksonville. I could visit you when I see her. But you are right about selling houses to the right people. It's not just about money when you put your life into something. The Lord will answer your heart felt prayers. God is so good. I just love that fluffy little chick, that is the cutest thing!! And your pansies!!
Shelia, Miss you also and hope your eyes don't give out before you read all these wonderful comments.
Praying for you and happy you are getting a rest.
Happy Easter!.
Barbara
Sweet Sheila.......
Just popping by to wish you and your Mr. Magpie a wonderful Easter.....
Love you!
Spencer
Yes it's me, and Julie. We are still on the road. We decided to squeeze one more special event into our road trip. Today my Aunt Jeanine had her 90th birthday party. We drove 12 hours to get here from somewhere in Virginia. All my cousins and beautiful Aunts and Uncles were there. I surprised them all. Julie was the "photographer" once again. My sister, daughter and son are all here with us. Had to do it, because life is just too short : )
I'm so tired, and ready for my bed. I miss Randy and Colt and all the dogs. It's been 3 weeks that we left today.
Happy happy Easter. It will be a wee bit longer before we sort out all the pictures. Julie has taken over 2000 pictures!! We have a 9 hour drive home tomorrow, and Julie will be boarding the plane on Wed. She must get back to work.
They found out what Randy has... I'll talk to you about it later. I will be entering into a whole new world when I get home. I must be strong, but right now I'm having a hard time with it. Don't worry it's not a death sentence. It's late, and I don't know how to spell check on Julie's computer.
I just wanted to say hello, I've missed all of you.
I hope you don't mind, but I'm going to copy this message and send it off to Mrs, Magpie and CC.
I love you all
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxo
P.S. My fingers and toes are crossed for the sale of your house Mrs. Magpie. xoxoxoxo
Just wanted to stop by and say Hi, wishing you and your dh a most blessed and joyful Easter.
Hugs,
Sue
Thinking of you this beautiful morning, Sheila, and wanted to pop by to tell you I love you and wish you a very Happy Easter!!
May it be filled with love and the joy of our risen Savior, sweetie!!
Love and blessings,
Becky
Happy Easter, Sheila! You will be in my prayers - I hope you are doing well. Can't wait to hear about your gathering of wonderful women - hugs - Julie
Dear Sheila, I wonder where you are today. I hope your projects on the house are going well. You are in my prayers daily for a favorable outcome on the sale of your home.
I am wishing you and your hubby a wonderful Easter Day. You are in my thoughts so often.
I heard from Claudie and all is well. I am sure she has been in touch with you too.
Blessings and love,
Jeanne
Hi, Sheila, I wanted to stop by & wish you a Happy Easter! That little yellow chick is so cute!!! You & Mr. Magpie are definitely in my prayers!!! I hope & pray everything goes smoothly! We will miss you & can't wait for an update! Patti
Your heart is ALWAYS so loving and sincere and I can feel it every time I read your words. <3 I am praying for you! For renewed strength and your house. We will miss you!
Hello Sheila~ As the days go by, remember, in your temporary absence....You're surrounded by soo many friends who will be carrying you in thought and in heart. We'll await your return with bated breath.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Welcome back! You were very very missed. I will put you on my prayer list and trust God has you and your husband and your home in the palm of His hand. He is soverign and will be faithful to do good for you!
So happy you are back.
Yvonne
Thinking of you this morning sweet Sheila. You remain in my prayers.
Hey I'm back and your gone! Daisy is having puppies! www.mydayswithdaisy.blogspot.com xxoo Kim
Praying all is well for you!! We miss you and hope to hear from you soon!!
Just came to check on you. I'm finally able to blog a little bit so I wanted to see if you had posted an update. Hope all is well.
Sue
Things always happen for a reason sweet Mrs Magpie.
Lots of positive energy to both of you.But I know Chloé is keeping an eye on you anyway.
X
Your get-together sounds liek such fun Sheila! I'll send up some prayers for you, your husband & your house....take care of yourself!
I come back for my Lenten bloggy break and you're on a break! keeping you in my prayers and sending warm thoughts your way... see ya soon!
blessings. Dixie
I loved all your Easter decore for youfun get together and hope it did go very well.
I too am missing you, my computer and most everyone! I am still praying all goes well with your beloved home sell and that you are not over working yourself.
Much love, Beth
Sheila,
Will keep the sale of your home in my prayers. Even under ideal conditions those transactions tend to have a lot of emotion {and work} attached to them. I'll pray for extra big doses of His favor, strength, patience, and peace for you and yours. xoxo Sue
Of course I will be praying for YOU! Of course I will. We are all doing wonderful in my neck of the woods. I would say hurry and come back to us but haste makes waste in this case. I do miss you and I am certain that you know this. Big hugs to you until we chat again!
Hi Sheila, Missing you a lot. Hope you are keeping well and everything will work out so you can come back soon. Hi Mr.M!!
Deborah
Just checking back in to see how things are going?
K
Just popping back in to wish you health, happiness and all the good things you enjoy. Hugs - Julie
Hope things are going well. xo
Sheila-I have been AWOL a lot myself. If you ever have time I posted a chandelier just for you tonight!
I had you on my mind this morning and wanted to stop in and say hello! Hope everything is going well with you, the workmen and the sale of your house!
Much love to you!!
Lou Cinda :)
Sheila,
I was thinking of you today, and realized I had not read posts from you in awhile...so I checked in to find you. So glad you had time with your special blog buddies.
I am joining you and your husband...and all your friends in prayer for the appropriate sale of your house. Don't overdue...
Hugs,
Jane
ps...the flowers are gorgeous! Are these from your st a home? I cannot wait to get there!!! Marty and I will probably wait until late August/September to come. (That's becoming our favorite time to be there.)
Hope all goes well for you.
I'm keeping my light on!!
Blessings,
Jo
I've been saying to myself, "Where's Shiela"?, and so I stopped by to check. I've been missing you and it's been a while since I've heard from you. I will keep you in my prayers and hope all goes well. Stop by when you are back my friend. You've been heavy on my heart!
Hi Sheila,
I do hope all is going on schedule and the house will go to a smooth closing.
I love that your husband is posting updates for you....very cool, indeed. :0)
Drop by to visit me when you do return to blogland. I know you have a lot to catch up on when you return...so maybe by the end of summer we will see you again..haha
Hugs and prayers,
Stephanie ♥
Dropping by to see if you are still MIA. I've had a lot going on. Hope to be able to share someday but not yet. Miss you so. Take care. Love and hugs!!
Hi Sheila!
Miss you and hope all is well :-)
I saw Jeanne's post Saturday about the wonderful blogger get together...what a wonderful day!
xxoo Pat
I miss you Sheila..been thinking bout you lots and lots! Love you! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
Just checking in to see how you all are doing. I hope great progress has been made and you both are feeling well.
I am trying so hard to negotiate a week or two or three at Disney World to renew my spirit (1st of May). I really need it. The mouse and me! :-) Oh, Epcot and the walking and the flowers and the international people I meet are really just wonderful.
My good thoughts and prayers continue for you both.
Hi Sheila,
I've been MIA too for awhile. I had emergency gall bladder surgery and was in the hospital for 5 days. I am on the mend now, and thought I would stop by and tell you to hurry back. We miss you!
Hugs, Cindy
Thinking about you....
Hope to see you soon sweet Magpie.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Hi Sheila, just want to wish you and your family a lovely weekend! I know you are so busy these days and Oliver and I appreciate your taking the time to come visit our blogs!! :) It means a lot to us.
xoxo
Bunny
Hi Sheila and Mr. Magpie,
Sending you my positive wishes for the perfect buyer to your home.
Sheila, that little chick I see in one your photos is so adorable! (tee hee :) It just makes me giggle, it's so cheerful.
Thank you so much for popping over for a visit. Wishing you a beautiful weekend ahead.
xoxo
~Kitty
Hi Sheila, so glad you stopped by. I hope you are checking your comments on this post. :) Yes, that bear looked like he didn't hibernate at all this past winter but ate his way thru it. LOL....You could see his trash and mess all up and down the mountain where he had roamed. Isn't Rita a dear? I am so glad I got to meet her at the retreat. Wish we lived closer so that we could hang out together but my son lives kind of close to her so maybe I will get to see her again when I visit him. Hope things are going well at the house and you are not totally worn out. Working with contractors etc, can be so stressful. Take care and miss you...xo Lynn
Hey lady, thanks for the comment today. I've been missing seeing you around, hope all is going well for you, and can't wait till you get back to bloggin. Good luck with all of your work.
Hi Sheila!
Hope you sold your wonderful home to that perfect couple, if not, hope another comes along soon!
Have a healthy and happy spring!
xoxo Betzie
Dearest Friend,
Thank yu for coming by to celebrate my Bday today! You are so kind!!! WOW, your header is gorgeous!!!! Anita
Thanks for coming by Sheila. I miss you, I hope you are not working too hard!...Christine
Hi Sheila! I hope you aren't wearing yourself out! You need some R and R, my friend! Have a wonderful weekend and do something fun! ...hugs...Debbie
Hi Sheila
Poor you up to your neck in all these reno's. I bet yo'll be glad when it's all over, and you can start having fun again! Thanks so much for taking the time to pop in and say hi. I have enjoyed seeing the pictures of your place through the eyes of Julie and Claudie. It is so gorgeous. Like I was telling them you leave no stone unturned when it comes to details and design. You have such an eye for beauty! You were so generous with them both, that I know they will have memories of St. Augustine to last a lifetime. Thanks so much for extending the invitation to include me. I would love to see St. Augustine some day! And the offer goes both ways. If you are ever up our way I'd love to show you Vancouver! I'm sure Julie would too! Take care Sheila and I hope you are beginning to see light at the end of that tunnel!
Sherri XO : )
It was so great to see your comment on my blog today! Jeanne just raved about how lovely your home is....I hope you share lots of photos when you get finished with your projects.
I've found that I was spending waaaay too much time on the computer and let way too much stuff get out of hand around here. I'm gonna try to be more balanced.
Have a great weekend! L, dana
Sheila and Mr M- I've been gone for a bit and just saw this. Praying for you that it all works out. We are in the process of making a decision on whether or not to sell and if we do, I'll be looking for an old house to love. Take care, stay well, and come back when you can
xoxo Pattie
Hi,
Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment!
We're missing you, hurry back! Take care, and
God Bless!
Katherine
Oh, Dearest! You know you have my prayers! I agree with you in Jesus' name these are the right buyers and all will just fall into place! I pray you get some rest and peace!
I've just added a post about a wonderful package I've received! :)
Love you Dear One and will be waiting patiently for your return.
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Can't wait until you are back because you are missed! Hope everything gets going soon!!
Just checking to see how things were going. Hope you're enjoy our gorgeous spring.
Hello Sheila, I hope you and your hubby are well and getting all of the things done that you need too. We miss you here. Thank you for visiting me and leaving such kind comments. I hope you are enjoying sunny days in your area.
Just stopping by to see how you are doing.... hope you are well. See you soon.
Hi Shelia,
I am stopping by to say hi, and to tell you i miss you, and hope all is going well.
Hugs,
Sue
Hi Sweetie, I was just checking in to see if you are OK and doing well.
Miss you..
Ann
Hope that all is going well for you and that things are falling into place.
Big Hugs to you dear friend~~
Chasity
Greetings to Mrs. Magpie (and Mr. Magpie too!) -- This is my first time visiting your blog and I just wanted to let you know that I said my two prayers for you: one for the house request and one for the health and strength request. Don't worry, the Good Lord will take care of you in both areas!
Best regards,
Gloria
WOW...so now I understand how busy you have been!!! You must be one tired lady. I just prayed that God's will will be done in the situation. I didn't notice when this post was made so now sure what new things are happening to you. It is so good to trust God for doing what is timely and right in our lives. We surely saw this with my FIL and his moves--God prevented him from moving where he shouldn't and then placed him where he should be and saved his life in the process....God is amazing.
Post a Comment