Top o' the mornin' to you, darlin's! Today I'd like to share a bit of fun with you in the form of wee green dishes...
When I spotted these particular dishes in Marshall's, I couldn't resist buying them for a St. Patrick's Day celebration (and Trish's March birthday) with two of my favorite "Irish" friends, Trish and Jody...
I mean, who can resist the charms of a leprechaun, particularly one with a flirty little grin and a pot of gold?
Obviously not a shiny-object-loving magpie. No indeed
Those bad dishes simply river-danced their way into my basket!
Yep, you know the drill. ;-)
Then after I started playing with the table, I thought you might enjoy seeing that, too...
So I'm hooking up with Susan and her friends for Tablescape Thursday as well as Gollum and the foodies for Foodie Friday, two very fun events hosted by two wonderful hostesses who are "dishes" themselves...
As I shopped the house for this tablescape, I spotted these green plaid plates in my dish stash. The plates were purchased on clearance at Home Goods some time ago...
Since there are only three of us girls dining, I draped a wee round table to the floor with a white cloth...
And added green straw placemats purchased (75 per cent off) at a going out of business sale last year. I've seen similar placemats at stores like Beall's Outlet and Marshall's...
The nine year old green check napkins hail from Target...
The shamrock cookie cutters came from Marshall's...
For flatware, I chose this dark bamboo-handled pattern found at Ross's last year at $9.99 for four five-piece place settings. (Thanks, Christine, for the heads up!) I thought the handles looked whimsical and a bit like a shillelagh, a nice fit for a leprechaun theme...
So were the garden stools which, though Chinese, have a bit of a leprechaun look about them (though I think they only work for pictures and would be a wee bit too uncomfortable for perching during lunch, OUCH!)...
This year at JoAnn's, I bought these tiny glittered leprechaun derbies (featured on the tea table). I want to put one at each place setting and write an Irish blessing on a piece of paper tucked inside. We could all use a blessing or two...
May the road rise to meet you...
May the wind be always at your back...
And may the rains fall softly upon your fields...
While I debated the blessings to use, Paddy O'Bunny tried on a wee green derby for size...
Then he hopped about in it...
But he infinitely preferred going hat-less instead...
So does Finnegan O'Gander who tried out for the role of centerpiece and lost (looking a tad too much like Scotland's Loch Ness Monster in profile)...
Paddy O'Bunny passed the green derby off to Annie who fancies herself to look rather fetching in it. Hmmmmm, the jury's still out on that one...
Speaking of fetching, I wanted the centerpiece to look fresh and pretty, and because I had bought new dishes, I chose to watch my pennies on flowers. So the centerpiece is composed of silks I borrowed from wreaths. There are bells of Ireland, green hydrangea, and yellow forsythia (not sure if hydrangea or forsythia grow in Ireland or not, but if truth be told, not all of the Irish are in Ireland, either)...
The flowers are tucked inside a green-striped bowl I found at Dockside Imports before it went out of business (sigh), while Paddy O'Bunny-on-a-stick (as mossy green as the Emerald Isle herself) was purchased last spring at Pier One...
The little white bird salt and pepper shakers at the base (also from Pier One) were a gift from my sweet friend Dixie at French Lique ...
I moved the mugs back and forth for picture purposes...
One could use them for beer...
Or for a first course, filled with soup...
I choose soup, and this is the brand I choose, the best split pea on the market...
Yes, I know white potato soup is Irish, but I can't have white potatoes on my diet. Besides, split pea is my favorite...
If calories aren't a concern, you can doctor this variety up with some Boar's Head Vermont Cheddar if you like. It's not necessary, but I will use any excuse to put cheese into a recipe. I use a slice about an inch and a half thick and cut that up into small pieces to slowly melt into one can of the soup...
And then I add a sprinkling of coarsely ground black pepper...
And stir well as the cheese melts...
Then pour the hot soup into a mug and serve...
I like pepper, so I might add a tiny bit more at this point. The trick is to keep the soup away from the Leprechauns who never fail to smell it when it's cooking...
And when you turn your back, manage to pinch not only the soup...
But swipe the spoon as a souvenir! ;-)
The Auto Chef (that would be yours truly or the Irish version, "Herself") has learned the finer points of takeout ease. Publix is supplying the main course (which is chicken salad), and it will be doctored up Gollum-style and will naturally be served on some Irish greens. ;-) Don't forget Mrs. Schubert's rolls, as good as homemade (you will thank me for this tip)! And dessert? When I splurge, I use my go-to cake from Publix, of course. I knew from the minute I first spied this beauty in the bakery case last winter, it would be a love match, and it is. I just wish I had saved some of the gold chocolate coins from Christmas to sprinkle about on the dessert plates, but we don't want to tempt the leprechauns to steal the cake, too...
Because it's been chilly of late in Florida, we'll be having hot tea with our dessert...
Help yourself to a cup from the tea table, mossy little thing that it is...
Basically, this a simple meal that even the foodie-challenged can make happen...
Provided they don't fall over the staircase railing in an attempt to take a glamour shot of the table...
But even Darby O'Gill here approves and hopefully would catch me if I fall ...
(Or not)...
Here's hoping that...
You approve, too!
Now, let's all go join our hostesses Susan at Tablescape Thursday by clicking HERE and Gollum at Foodie Friday by clicking HERE. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank both of them for hosting for us week in and week out. Thanks, ladies, and thank all of you, too, for visiting me here at my blog. I have been MIA due to traveling and other necessities of life, but I want to be sure to get by and visit you today! Have missed you much!
Wishing you a wonderful St. Patrick's Day with all the blessings your emerald hearts can hold! :-)
Warmly,
Mrs. O'Magpie (Sheila)... who will be MIA after this Friday in order to prepare for Claudie's (Bubblin' Over) birthday visit and the other company she's bringing!
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
Tablescape Items
Plaid Plates: Home Goods (clearance last spring)
Leprechaun Plates: Marshall's
Leprechaun Mugs: Marshall's
Placemats: Dockside Imports (going out of business sale, but you can find similar ones at Marshall's and Beall's Outlet)
Shamrock Cookie Cutters: Marshall's
Green Glitter Derbies: JoAnn's
Green Check Napkins: Target (approximately nine years ago)
Bamboo-Handled Flatware: Ross's ($9.99 for four five-piece place settings last year)
Green Stripe Bowl: Dockside Imports (going out of business sale)
Bunny-on-a-Stick: Pier One Imports (last spring)
Bird Salt and Pepper Shakers: Pier One Imports (last spring)
Silk Flowers: Dollar Tree and Michael's
Goblets: Marked France (purchased about fifteen years ago)
Chocolate Cake (ganache bon-bon): Publix Bakery
Amy's Low Fat Split Pea Soup: Publix Soup Aisle
Chicken Salad (with honey, raisins, etc.): Publix Deli
Hearts of Romaine (Publix Variety): Publix Produce Section
Mrs. Schubert's Rolls: Publix Freezer Section




158 comments:
Hey you!!!! lol This was so much fun reading!! lol I would have loved to have seen the 'river dance' in the buggy thing! Oh and the loch nest duck...oh my word girl...you ain't right! Everything looks so pretty and Spring...I love greens,,but I'll take 'tater' soup if you don't mind! lol Loved my visit here girl as always and love you so...take care and have a great week! ~Picket~
Oh Sheila! LOVE this! And I always love your stories that go along with it!! I think that leprechaun would have caught you!! He better!!
Love everything and those wee hats! So cute!!
Hope you are having a great week!! It is raining here....AGAIN....!
Lou Cinda :)
And I do NOT think your car is anywhere NEAR as messy as Seth's!! lol
Shelia~
This Irish girl is loving it...adorable!!
I love this tablescape! It's beautiful ♥ Have you considered joining the Saint Patrick's Day party on the 16th?I really like the idea of those little hats you put over the top of your tea service. What a cleaver and neat idea! Split pea soup for Saint Patrick's Day sounds so delicious! Thank you for the lovely ideas you have shared. Thank you for the comments on my blog. They made me feel somewhat better.
I just have to say, Wow! Adore the dishes,the leprechaun mugs with soup!
Your stools are so wonderful. This is such a great St Patrick's Day setting. There not one thing not to love! Missed talking with you! Glad to be back and feeling better!
The darling hats on the teapot set, I adore! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me on Tea Time Tuesday!
A HUGE thank you, Sheila, I really needed them ;)) You're a darling.
This post made my day! I absolutely love St. Patricks Day and all that green- Ireland is on my wish list!!!
You reminded me to post something green next week.
Hugs,
Monicaxx.
lord have mercy on the poor but you outdid yourself with this post. How many ways can I say BEAUTIFUL. BTW, In looking at your napkins, I saw something cute online and it was taking your hubby's old worn out or too small! shirts and cutting them to a 12x12" square and making cloth napkins. And especially the checked ones. Have a ball with Claudie. Go easy on the house and yard work cause my Momma told me long ago that people who love you do not come to visit so they can look at your house but because they want to spend time with YOU! XXMollye
ALL adorable !!!
So darn cute!!!!!!
Diane
What a fanciful and FUN tablescape!! I'm sure you do write children's books and just haven't told us yet!!!!! Everything looks simply delightful and enchanting.♥
Sheila...so wonderful to hear from you, again! You add so much OOMPH to Bloggy Land!:) Dare I say that I happen to think your tablescape is GORGEOUS...perfect for St. Paddy's Day! I love those cute plates...and all the accessories! Of course, that cake is a real show-stopper! YUM! Wishing you many blessings, my friend!
This is the cutest St. Patty's day table ever. The dishes are so cute...the St Bunny....just too cute!!
Hey Sheila, that was wonderful, that will make everyone "green" with envy!
I love the checked napkins and that legged cup is adorable!
~Ann
This is so adorable!! You do not miss a detail! Why do I never find flatware like that for that price? Maybe I'll get the "luck o' the Irish" someday!!
Sheila, this is tooooooo cute! I'm amazed at the wonderful items you've found and put them together to make an amazing tablescape...and your added charming and witty stories...just makes my day! Enjoy the birthday party and come back soon!
God bless,
Mary
Ah, split pea is one of my favorite soups too, and it looks so good with the cheese added. What a delightful lunch it will be, Sheila.
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Top 'o the mornin' to ye, Dear Sheilaness! Oh, I'm very much approving your lovely Irish table. Those dishes are just perfect, the cloth, the napkins, those adorable mugs and little Irish bunny on a stick! You are so funny - but I did think of the Loch Ness when seeing the duckie! LOL Two peas in a pod! :)
Now, beings I have a little touch of the Irish in me I'm so pleased to see what you've done and that you are going to share your good fortune with others! Have a great time with Claudie! She's a doll!
You're the sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Oh I'm just clapping my hands. That was a wonderful post-those mugs are the BEST! Everything is as cute as can be; maybe one fine day I'll be able to visit you at that table as well, all dudded up for St. Patrick's Day or not!
Good to *have* you back!
Jen :)
I'm with Mollye on this one Mrs. Magpie. We are coming to see YOU not your dust bunnies or shamrock ones LOL
Of course we will be one day too late for St. Patrick's Day, but you can betcha' that I'll be thinking of you.
Cute table, cute little green men. I can hear them tapping their little feet around the 3 of you (who ever the mystery guests are : )
Looks like spring is in the air all over blog land today.
I also heard it was getting warmer, hurray!
See you soon
Love Claudie
xoxooxox
Where do I begin?
LOL...
Well doubtless to say, the little tablescaping, Irish style is a hit!
And yes those chinese stools are tough on the tushy...! LOL
I just made cushions and used velcro to hold those bad boys on...you should have seen the look on my beloved's face BEFORE the velcro was used! LOL...yes he semi bit the dust...yikes... LOL
well...I grabbing time...so I best be off...
Delighted to see your blog pop up!
hugs and blessings, my magpie star :)
Hi Sheila
I really enjoyed this beautiful post. You are going to have such a fun tea party! I especially love the cheeky leprechaun soup mugs with legs. I have a cup and egg cup with legs similar to that and they are quite old now. My birthday is St Patrick's Day. Does that make me a leprechaun!!!!
Lindsay
x
Love it! The Loch Ness monster centerpiece made me lol!
So glad to see a post from you :-)
Thanks Sheila I would have loved to have been there too. Stella will stand in for me. Make sure you remember to set a place for her!
Lindsay
x
Just the cuttest setting ever, absolutely love those dishes, the cups and plates, wow are they so perfect, I would have purchased them and the plates, however I do love the napkins and the placemats, Our store does not have any of that, darn, love it all and it is put together so perfectly...Phyllis
LOL! What a great fun post!
I love the little rabbit in the middle of the table.
St Patrick's day is the only day of the year when I have a beer ( a pint of Guiness).
Top O the mornin to you lassie and I loved my wee stay with ya. You forgot to set me aplace at that fine table. Your muics was lovely too and I love your "about me" yer jus darlin...
Who doesn't love tiny green things - I just love holidays - all of them - and to see the tables all decorated.
Who doesn't want a piece of that chocolate cake either?
Plates and food $$, friends priceless.
Looks good.
sandie
ps I figured out your follow system and clicked! your too cute to just pass by.
Hi Sheila and an early Happy St. Patricks Day!...the tablescape is adorable...I love the plaid plates with the checked napkins....
I also love split pea soup...
How absolutely darling Sheila..just like you ♥ HUGS
Hi Sheila...
Ohhh my goodness, Girl...I can tell that you had way too much fun putting this gorgeous green tablescape together! I just love it...love all that green...and love the leprechauns!!! Girl, your leprechaun dessert plates are just too cute! I certainly can see why they "river danced" right into your cart! Hehe! Ohhh..and could those pretty plaid plates have gone any better with this place setting? I think not...they're perfect! Well your entire place setting is perfect...from that pretty lime green woven mat...right down to that beautiful bamboo flatware (which by the way, you got for a great price!) Love your pretty floral centerpiece too!!! Ohhh...and that lovely tea set and tray...gorgeous, my friend! Ohh yes, you and your friends are going to have a grand ol' time!!! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous...festive...St. Pat's Day table with us...this was a real treat, Sheila!!!
I also wanted to thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Birds of a Feather tablescape...and thank you for your sweet note, my friend!!!
Have a fabulous day...
Chari @Happy To Design
Dearest Ms. O'Magpie... what a delightful repast... wishing only that I were with you to enjoy the delights of the day...
warmest wishes... that the Lord will hold you in the palm of his hand...
Dixie
Hey Sheila! What a terrific tablescape! Your Home Goods plates are the perfect charger plates for your leprechauns. You've thought of everything! I must say, I was about to go through my screen after that chocolate ganache cake! Have a terrific week and thanks for stopping by Comfort Cottage and taking the time to comment. Hugs, Terri
Wow Sheila! I LOVE this post. The table is beautiful and those leprechaun mugs are precious. The stools look wonderful, and if they are uncomfortable maybe I wouldn't eat so much (probably not, but it's a nice thought). So glad to see you out and about, your posts always brighten my day! Hugs, Kat
Hello Ms. Sheila,
The table is just delicious and your post so whimsical, fun and full of good humor. Your party sounds cozy and delightful, maybe even a little magical with all the leprechauns running about.
I agree, bunny looks better as a centerpiece. Haha!
Thank you so much for thinking of me and popping over for a visit. Sending wishing dust your way for a blissfully perfect day.
xoxo
~Kitty Kellie
PS: If you put a matchbox together, be sure to let me know, I would love to see. ;)
Dearest Sheila,
Thank you for taking the time to come to visit me and leave a message! Your congratulations and well-wishes for my anniversary are very kind and much appreciated! YOUR GREEN IS GORGEOUS and that soup looks divine.
Enjoy the rest of your week...Anita
You are so much fun!! So good to see you back and blogging again. Every time you left me a comment I came over to see if you had posted again and alas, you had not, until today!!!
I love all of the green, what a lovely table it does make. And the tea sounded so good, I must make one for myself.
Thank you for all of your sweet, encouraging comments that you left for me on my blog, they are much appreciated!
Hugs, Cindy S.
Your table looks fabulous! So many details! How do you think of it all? I love the floor length table cloth and although I love all of the dishes I have to admit I fancy the mugs! Your story to go with it is, as usual, so well written and entertaining!
Thanks for stopping by my blog and I love the name Rosa's Wonder! Hmm, it is definitely one of my favorites!
Shelia, what a wonderfully FUN filled tablescape! You've got some darling dishes to help celebrate St. Pat's Day!
I've got my Mrs. Schubert's rolls waiting in the freezer but I'm laughing at you pulling out a camera to take a picture of a $24 cake at the bakery! LOL Sounds like something I would do, too. Only a tablescaper could understand.
Very well done, my friend! BRAVO!
oh my gosh......your lockness comment is hilarious......but those cups are so darn cute!
Irish are awesome!
Hi Sheila
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your kind words for Anita and me in celebration of our wedding anniversary.
Loved your post and pictures. My favorite is Paddy O'Bunny. Very cute and funny.
Blessings,
Ruben
So glad you didn't take a spill when you got the photo from the staircase...and might I say it all looks "magically delicious"!
Can't wait for the birthday bash!!
Too much fun!!
Love ya gal!! Love your joyful heart!!
Becky
It's so good to see you back, Sheila ... and, as always, with such an elegant and entertaining post. Your tablescape is worthy of St. Patrick himself!
What an amazing post - and great fun. It is all so pretty and springy and now I want some soup.
Hi Mrs. Magpie
I want to eat that chookolate cake all up it looks yummy in my tummy!
I love the St. Patrick's Day!Decorations & Dishes
I love the Leprecons!
XoXo
Oliver
What a whimsical fun tablescape! I love those plates and mugs!
Kat :)
Good Evening Miss Sheila, I just adore your table setting, the colors and plates are just bringing a great big smile to my face. The white Chinese stools are so elegant and look wonderful at the table. ( I can see that my son Oliver has commented on the chocolate cake!! )
Have a wonderful blessed week and St. Patrick's Day
xoxo
Bunny
What a lovely, festive table. Everything is just wonderful. I love that leprechaun!
Shelia, well dear you have out done yourself with this one. I don't know where to start, so I will just say I love everything and love the the bunny centerpiece.
Glad you are back...missed you.
Barbara
Hello Sheila,
Wowso! I am impressed! This table is whimsical and beautiful! Every detail is perfect and I love the centerpiece and even Mr. Lockness is kind of cute! Oh, do I want some of those plates! But oh jeez I am going to be in the poor house if I keep buying them.
I would love to join you for tea here, so fun! Cindy
OOOOHHHH! I WANT THOSE MUGS! I've never seen anything like them! You've used them in such wonderful ways too! Love your whole table and the way you've presented it in your post - a fun read!
DD
What a fun table you have there -- lot's of Irish blarney going on -- what a great collection of greens and leprechaun loot -- St. Paddy himself would enjoy your delightful table!
Sheila! Your table is fabulous. I feel a little Irish just seeing all the great accessories!!
Hey...WOW I love it all...Love love love the plates
xoxo
Julie
Oh what a darling tablescape. I love every detail and the music is lovely too. I really like the leprechaun mugs and perfect soups to serve. My husband has been making Corn beef and cabbage all week.
The locknest duck...you are too funny.
Wishing you a fun week.
Karen
You are such a delight Mrs. Magpie.....I LOVE this post....especially the cup with the wind to his back! Now, THAT was ever so clever. I love split pea soup too.......and LOTS of pepper. I'm going to buy myself some of that yummy lookin' stuff next time I go to the store....
Claudie's soooo thrilled about her visit....I can't wait to see pix and hear all about it.
Huge hugs....You've been missed ever so much!
xoxoxoxoxox
Spence
LOVE the mugs- such a cute St. Ps day Tablescape! Thanks, too, for visiting me!
Oh it is wonderful to have you back from your break! You once again knocked it out of the park with this fun Irish romp. It was not just a wee bit of fun, but a whole lot of delicious fun.
You details are amazing in design and word. You know I just love and adore you! Thanks for all the cute ideas. I loved the mugs!
Enjoy your visit with Claudie and friends. It tis true they are coming to meet a great friend. ~♥
The wee folk make a big splash! That table is great. I love those mugs with the feet..that is a hoot.
I am so happy you stopped by my blog. The Pringles were found at Meijer Grocery Store last Summer. Each chip has a trivia question printed on it. They are not opened, they are for show. I would be killed if I popped that can and no jury..especially a group of Nascar guys would convict ...LOL....that is a future collectible....Jim hopes.
Oh and as for the flowers....they can all be found in Ireland today,but the Forsythia came from China. Hydrangea is native to S.E. Asia, South Am., especially in the Andes,as well as in parts of North Am. And, I hate to say it, but Bells of Ireland are originally from Western Asia..they are know as 'Shellflowers'..sorry the florist is coming out in me.
Now that I know where you are I'll visit again. I hope you stop by often!
Love, love, love it! Saints and begorrah are ye Irish? I've just come to your blog and and look forward to spending more time with you.
Best,
Bonnie
Sheila: Thank you so much for such a positive comment on my blog. I think it will give Jilly and Izzy's parents hope.
I'll be in Florida soon visiting my sister who lives in Leesburg. Can't wait for warmer weather and sunshine.
See you over coffee soon.
Best,
Bonnie
Oh Mrs. Magpie I'm afraid I can't help with the dish addiction as I suffer from that also! I'm so envious of you cute little leprachauns!
I laughed so hard at the loch ness goose. My daughter has a facination with "Nessie" ever since she saw a cartoon story about her. She has become one of my daughter's invisible friends and I have to be careful I don't get stepped on when she visits!
Hugs,
Dawn
Oh Sheila! I love your St. Patrick table. The colors are so refreshing, so cheerful. The little hats are just too cute. I am glad you found those flatware ...Christine
Well, this is just about the cutest thing!! I'm lovin' every single bit of it. Especially those cute dishes..and the stories you weave are so much fun.'
Save me a big ole piece of that cake and a wee bit of tea, if you will.....
xo bj
Oh, when I saw the feet on the mugs I got a good laugh!! Too Cute! What a nice table. If you can't have fun on St. Pats day when can you? Great post!
This is great! You are so creative. I am afraid I would have to bow out if pea soup is being served. Maybe you could change it to tomato soup? Don't really care for pea soup. The tablescape looks great and so charming. Love the tea set too. I am glad Annie is behaving herself. At least in the pictures. One never knows what she is up to when we are not looking. Right? Thank you for your encouraging comments. I am getting better. Not sure about working tomorrow. Most likely not. I think I need one more day to recover so I don't get relapse. But most likely working on Friday and Saturday.
Have a fun tea time!
~Linnea
Sheila,
Spectacular! Love everything about your post today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Carol
Good morning Sheila, Hooray I'm back and all refreshed and ready for company. I can't wait. I pray they arrive safely.
Thank you for your visits while I was on break. I appreciate it so much. I know you are busy too, getting ready for a Canadian Pinkie we happen to love. Smile!
Your Irish tablescape would do any Irishwoman proud. That would be me!!! At least part Irish/English/German. I love the dishes and the sweet leprechaun theme. And oh that chocolate cake. I too love pea soup. Yours looks delicious.
I am so excited to come to Florida and meet you and the rest of the girls. I will call you when I arrive at my daughter's home on Friday the 19th.
See you soon for a big hug and hello in person!
xoxoxo, Jeanne
It's gorgeous, as usual! Love those leprechaun mugs and the tiny glittery hats ;)
And that cake...oh, that cake!!
You really do know how to get a girl into the spirit of St. Patrick's day, Sheila. Love your Irish table and lovely luncheon menu. Wish I could stop by for a cup of tea.
Sheila. Your bunny called my bunny and said he wants his hat back.
He says if the mugs get to wear cool green jackets and belts and adorable shoes it's only fair!
Fantastic post!
I am coming to your house for tea soon!
I'll give you an hour warning...
Best St. Patricks day table I've ever seen!
Very cute table, and such fun! I love the cups with the feet.
What a fun, festive table!
Hi Mrs. O'Magpie...you really crack me up! This is one of the most fun and festive tablescapes I have seen in a long time. I think though that I might like an Irish Coffee in one of those mugs...instead of the soup. Seriously...this post made me smile..ear to ear!
♥, Susan
This is so much fun! I love everything. The plaids mixed with the St. Patty's stuff are perfect. The little derbys are so cute. You did a wonderful job with the centerpiece and the other one did have a bit of a Loch Ness look to it! The soup looks good (I never think to put cheese is split pea). The cake looks delish. I really enjoyed my visit.
Sue
This was such a fun post to read! Your table is cute and imaginative, and I only wish I could join you!
Scribbler
This was such a fun post!!
What a festive and fun table Sheila. The split pea soup is perfect. Happy Saint Patties Day.
Sam
Wow! That is a festive table. It is so beautiful. My grandma gave me a little set of 4 cups and saucers some years ago and they are white with tiny little shamrocks on them. St. Patties dishes aren't that common, but they are SO pretty. Just lovely.
What an adorable table. .... I mean SO cute. I would love to find those plates. I think I will be on the hunt for them next year...And your plaid plates. Oh my! Everything was so cute. And your shamrocks would be adorable as napkin rings. Your table could not be cuter.
Holy cow - you are amazing. I love how you picked up all those great finds in different fav shoppes and put your table together. Green is always so warm feeling and there is a little bit of whimsy and chuckle with the footed mugs.
Can't wait to see you. I know I am going to love every minute.
Love Julie
Love the mugs! Love the plates too and what a pretty table. Great centerpiece and the food looks delicious!
You've made a delightful tablescape!
PS- Sheila- thanks for your prayers, too!
Hi there, Ms. Sheila!
This is the happiest table I've seen in a very long while! How can anyone NOT smile while looking at these bright, festive, colorful, cheery images? You put it together beautifully, with great attention to detail! Nicely done!
Warmest regards,
Bill
What a fabulous St. Paddy's Day post Sheila--such a fun table to sit at with friends--so whimsical and bright. Thanks for brightening up my day with your post Sheila!
Of Shelia, that is just wonderful! What a cheerful table...love it all..I am coveting those green plaid plates..
Hope you are linking up with the party on the 16th..And here's to Brian B! ♣♣
Sheila, Top of the Morning to you! (or night). YOur table is set and Irish eyes are smiling over it! I love the mugs Sheila. They are adorable. I would have put Irish coffee in them, but your soup looks wonderful too.
I love your fantaciful stories! They are so creative!
Yvonne
This post was incredible!!!!! I loved it:) Happy St. Patricks Day!
How FUN!! What a great post! And now I really want a Publix here- I tell my daughter-in-law that all the time. When we visit them in Florida, I like to sightsee in Publix!
xoxo Pattie
Leave it to you to find that adorable mug--I have made note of the "river dance" excuse! Annie looks adorable and I am glad she found her way into the party. Now that you mention it, the gander DOES look a little like Nessie :0 Have a wonderful visit and celebration!
Oh! Shelia,
I loved everything you have done with your tablescape, I just couldn't take my eyes off of those cups. and I so enjoy all of your thoughts. Split pea is one of my favorite soups.
Enjoy your time off, I know that is going to be one nice birthday party, and I hope you will share with us.
Blessings and Hugs,
Sue
This is just adorable! Love it all!
Katherine
Things have been jumpinginto my shopping cart today, enough to make poor Dr. G pull what's left of his hair. My poor dish room needs a satellite!
I love those green plaid plates--they are the type of versatile plate that can be used year-round...but I specially love them here. The mugs are the darlingest things--perfect for your soup. But the hat on the bunny make me smile from ear to ear. Your menu sounds lipsmacking-divine, and I love that it's gollumized. :-) I hope you all have a wonderful lunch.
XX00
I really enjoyed visiting your delighful blog. I love our post for St. Patrick's day. Those mugs are so very darling. I love everyting!!! Love the bunny centerpiece too. Thank you so much for sharing. I hope if you have a chance you will come by to say hello. Cheers, Lia
What a cute and clever post! The mugs are my favorite...good thing I'm not a leprechaun or they might have just made their way to my home! ;-) The little hats are soooo cute too and I love the garden seats at the table! Charming!
Too cute! Love the plates! Captures the fun that goes with Saint Patrick's Day.
Its official! Im jealous!
You guys be sure to have some fun for me!
Psssssst get your cute hinnie over and link to FFB.
Have a blast! you guys.
What an adorable tablescape and so fun! Love the little hats!
I did not know that St Patrics day was so big in USA of cours I know that some are from Ireland but still I have seen it on many blogs.
Love the table with all the details from Ireland.
I have been to Ireland before my brother was living there.
No it was not my birthday it was only friend around the same age all with children that meet up without husbands or children and talked and talked for more then 6 hours it was great fun.
Your cake looks good - I think it is good that from time to time buy food.
I like do cooking but not always.
/MB - have a happy weekend.
I love those mugs!!! My table will not be complete without them.
Hi Sheila! It's so good to hear from you again.
What a wonderful table setting! I think the mugs are quite comical with those feet. I love your photos from the staircase as well.
Having read this post,I feel that I should go right over to my dining room hutch and pull out my green dishes, and hunt down some of those green placemats that I know are here somewhere. My Irish husband would probably be quite surprised. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you, and I hope your travels are happy ones.
So much fun in here. So much ideas.
Have a wonderful day & w/end ahead.
Hi Mrs. Magpie
It's Me Again I gave you a blog award
I Love Your Blog
XoXo
Oliver
Sheila,
This is beautiful! I love your idea of using the cookie cutters to decorate the table. That gives me an idea - I can use them to decorate the table, and then give to guests as favors. :)
I am especially in love with your white teaset. Is that a Belleek set?
What a sweet table you have set for your "bon repast".
Loved your story and especially loved the little feet on the mugs.
Blessings,
Jo
Oh, just too too cute! And, you employ my favorite hometown deli, Publix! Thank you for keeping them in biz until I get back to FL! (oh, I miss my Publix, too)
Yum, and have so much fun with your special visitors.
What a lovely, festive, St. Patrick's Day table! It's so whimsical and so sweet! I love it all! But I most especially loved the centerpiece! Bells of Ireland are my favorite, and they looked lovely with the green hydrangea, it was the perfect crowning touch!
And, of course, I so enjoy your story-telling, and that is the jewels of the crown! And I love the idea of split pea soup!
Have a great weekend, Sheila!
Love to you,
Eileen
What a terrific tablescape! And I just love that flirty lil' leprechaun! And speaking of love...mmm, split pea...
Oh, and thank you soooooo very much for becoming a follower! I cannot tell you how it made my day!!
Hi Sheila, That is a lovely tablescape. You did such a great job putting it together. I like the way you were able to "shop the house" for the pieces:) You are right about the cold in Florida. It is just getting too much for me and what is up with all the rain? I went out today and the streets were practically flooded. I am certainly looking forward to next week's party. See you then.
Hi Sheila! What a cute tablescape! Love the bunny on a stick with a hat! lol I wish I could hop in the car with Claudie and visit...I'm just needed too much here right now! Enjoy your weekend...hugs...Debbie
Hi Sheila, I just showed Oliver the award on your blog and he is so happy! Hope you are having a nice evening.
xoxo
Bunny
Hello, my friend,
I love your St. Patrick's Day table, just as cute as can be! I would not have been able to resist those leprechauns either! Hope you have the loveliest of weekends! Vicki
It all looks spectacular! So glad you are back for a visit. I love split pea soup, will have to try this one. Hope you enjoy the visit.
teri
What a lovely table setting and the the dishes are perfect for St. Patrick's.
I really enjoyed your blog featuring the theme of the quickly approaching St. Patty's day - you gathered alot of really fun things to adorn your lovely table, wish I could be there to enjoy it - so inviting and fun. I too, love Amy's soups, but haven't tried the split pea, my favorite is the lentil. I'll definitely pick up split pea on my next visit to Whole Foods.
I am also really happy that you are enjoying your necklace - that makes both of us very happy. xo Julie
Today is son's wedding!!!
Oh Ms Magpie I am going to cry I just know it!
Popped in to say hello and hope your weekend is grand!
♥WHT A LOVELY BLOG,I ENJOYED SO MUCH READ SUM OF THE POSTS,CONGRATS.A GREAT SATURDAY AND GOD BLESS♥
I am loving this table of yours today...so so much fun. Your blog is lovely! Thank your for visiting me the other day. I am feeling the need to go buy something green now. xox
I Missed you sooooooooooooo much! I loved this post how festive and cute. I have to tell you on Monday I will post Alice's Tea Party tablescapes at Bloomingdales and yes they are pretty but your table looks incredible you could go design there anytime! Hugs Grace
Lovely tablescape, Sheila! I love the whole St. Paddy's Day look.
Yummy, split pea soup, and the chocolate cake...oh my, to die for, I'm sure!
Hugs,
Donna
...And may you be half an hour in heaven, before the devil knows you're dead!
(Another Irish blessing)
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Ps. Beautiful, fun table!
Forget the leprechauns - you'd better watch paddy o'bunny with those tempting treats :)
Good thing that irish mug isn't doing the jigg - you'd have a messy mess for sure!
You sure do have a way with your tablescapes & pictures Mrs. Magpie!!
Loved those plates when I saw them @ Marshall's, but being that I don't cook alot....also love the clearance plates, mugs, and cute little hats, especially on the bunny! Didn't they have a 'bunny on a stick' party in blogland last year? I can't seem to find out if anyone is hosting one this year. Have to say you've got my vote for best St. Paddy's Day table 2010!
Forgot to say...I didn't know you lived in FL! I thought you were in SC for some reason. Also, love those plaid napkins, striped centerpiece bowl & the garden stools. Green is my favorite color, can you tell???
You do set a sassy table! Love all the cheery green stuff. I don't have any green stuff, so pinch away. I do so love my Robin's egg blue though...but might have to grab a green piece or two. What wonderful pics you have, so glad you didn't fall over the railing. LOL.
Wow Sheila! Your St. Paddys Table looks amazing! I just love the green! You are so lucky to have a Joanne's Store nearby! When I go shopping in the States I always head right there! One of my favourites! I've never heard of the Hobby Lobby until I started blogging but they look great too! It won't be long now until your special guests arrive! I was up at 4:30 yesterday and delivered Julie to the airport! She looked pretty excited! Wish I could be there for Claudies Birthday! I looked into flying to Florida for just 4 days to meet up with them but there are no deals right now, I guess with Spring Break! I hope you have a wonderful visit! Have fun!! Love Sherri : )
I feel a bit green....
Girl you really out did yourself with this fun GREEN table...hey I'm irish can I come for dinner ha ha!! Love those cups and all the food YUM!! Looks just wonderful my Dear Florida Daughter...Love ya sis...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Just loved the tour through your tablescape...loved the plates and footed mugs...just so adorable. Loved the green placemats and the green and white plates...just loved it all and loved your running commentary...enjoyed it a lot. Joni
What fun and how charming!!! I do love a theme table, and this one is the BEST!
I do believe that you scatter the gold coins to keep the leprechauns FROM the cake---they prefer the gold to chocolate (or gold wrapped AROUND chocolate---the best of both worlds).
And re: catching you if you fall, I DO believe it's Michael McBride ye'll want catchin' ye, M'Dear!
This is just the best post ever!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Sheila, I am so in love with your leprechan plates. I am just GREEN with envy:):) They are so adorable and the mugs too!!!!!!!!!!! I, have ythe same flatware too! I posted my St. Paddy's table at Susan's but yours is amazing!!! Love the stools too, even if they would be uncomfortable. Your narrative is wonderful and made me smile. Thanks so much for sharing this lovliness!!!! XO, Pinky
Your table, and your story, are the most fun ever! So clever, you really gave me a laugh this morning. Happy St. Patty's day!!
Cheers, Andrea
What a darling St. Pat's tablescape!! I LOVED it all...especially the green mats and napkins. Those will be great all Spring...and into Summer.
Your menu sounds awesome....especially that cake!
Hope you're enjoying this St. Pat's Eve....L, Dana
Hi Sheila!
I flew home from Colorado on the red eye yesterday and spent the day trying to get some more sleep --lol -- I had a wonderful time visiting my son and DIL and grandson ..the week went by too fast!
I LOVE your St. Patrick's Day table and all the festive things you have planned! I am half IRISH --my last name was a popular IRISH name so this is a BIG DAY for me too! :-)
HAPPY St. PATRICK'S DAY!!
♥ Pat
What a MARVELOUS 'green' post ... and how fitting I'd find time to visit on St. Patrick's Day! (gotta luv the serendipity in that, right?) I love all your green dishes and decorations ... split pea soup is one of my faves but I usually go for Anderson's probably because of memories of visiting Buellton, CA (home of pea soup) with my family as a child. Perhaps I'll try Amy's ... just because. Happy St. Paddy's day to you and yours ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Hello Ms. Sheila,
Wishing you a Happy St. Paddy's Day and hope your celebration is perfect in every way. May the leprechauns smile upon you and keep their tricks to themselves at least for one day. (tee hee :)
xoxo
~Kitty Kellie
Sheila, this is simply darling! Now I wish I would have put something cute like this for my boys today! You did such a good job on making a cheerful and super cute table!
Thank you for being supportive of me and my blog as I haven't been out on the blogs much lately! It means a lot to me.
Also, I have a favor to ask...
I'm trying to win a party contest and would love your help! Would you go here:
http://thecitycradle.com/party-3-spy-agent
and leave a comment at the end of the article? Your comment will give me a vote. Thanks so much! I appreciate it lots. <3
Sheila,
I’m making the rounds a day late, but I’m so glad I made it. First your header is ADORABLE! Love the foot tapping music and your tablescape is set for the perfect quaint Irish celebration. Thanks for the heads up about the slit pea soup. It’s one of my favorites so I will look for this brand. It’s been a fun visit and I enjoyed looking at all the pretty shiny objects!
Cathy
Wow - what a beautiful table!!
you are too cool :)
Hello Sheila!
What a fun tablescape for St. Patrick's Day. Oh and to have the clover by table too is great for good luck.
The soup and the chocolate cake are yummy! Though I think I have to hold a laugh whenever I take a sip, seeing the one holding the soup are only a pair of legs from a particular teeny weeny green man LOL
I remember Claudie mentioning meeting you a few months back and finally here it is. Oh I'm sure you ladies will have so much fun. YOu'll just click, that I am sure :-)
Mizpah,
Li
Hi Sheila I just wanted to thank you for the most wonderful party for Claudie's birthday. How lucky we were to be included in the festivities. You are the most gracious hostess and it is an immense pleasure to know you.
Love and hugs, xoxo, Jeanne
Lovely, as always. You are so creative and artistic. I would never be able to put together a table like that.
Sheila, you out did youself! That table is the most adorable St. Paddy's tablescape ever. Love all of the cute touches, even on the bunny.
hugs,
becky
How way cute is that ?! I have yet to go to a Home Goods store.
I am part Irish, so this was a fun post for me! Lindsay Ann's B-day is the 17th...how fun!
Last week was chilly here in Florida, but this week is sunny & 70's in central Florida!!!
I see you're in my "neck of the woods" from Becky's blog. Enjoy.
My goodness, are you creative. You deserve to find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow for your wonderful creativity.
If through a cloud of stardust
you may perchance to see
A tiny man with impish face
a brogeen on his knee
And by his side a great big pot
aflowing o'er with gold
Then you have seen a Leprechaun
of Irish Legend Old.
dear magpie :) i am now following anonymously, due to some stalking issues, i could not simply eliminate you from my reader!...)wanted to let you know, why my avatar will not show in the follow list :) (at least for a while)...HUGS!
An astonishing post! Hope all is well with you. x
I don't know how I missed your St. Patty's Day post. I love your table setting for three. I was sick on St. Patty's Day...also my 37th wedding anniversary. Maybe that's why I missed your lovely Iris post. It's almost April...oh my! Be sure and come by for a visit, I am having a giveaway for my 200th post.
Hi Sheila, I just received your comment on my blog. Thanks so much for the words of encouragement. I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your friend as well, my heart goes out to you and her family, bi-polar is really so devastating. I have a friend that recently lost her mother to depression as well, it's just so scary. I would love it if you would share a link to my post, lets spread the word and let everyone know that there is help out there, and that they aren't alone. Take Care, Carrie
To the BEST HOSTESS EVER
Dear Mrs. Magpie
It's 3:20 am, all is quiet, the rain is falling, Julie and Karen are all tucked in. I took them to South Beach today. That was an experience to say the least!!
My head is still spinning, like I told Jeanne, from the love, warmth, friendship, kindness, hospitality from your shiny self and Mr. Magpie. I'm speechless for a change. Can you believe it? lol
I'll have to write to you when all our travels come to an end, because right now all I can say is THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart for everything that you have done for Julie and I.
Nobody has EVER made me feel like such a Princess in my life. You are my treasured friend.
I love you to the moon and back and around again.
We miss you.
Love Claudie and Julie
xoxoxo
P.S. We are going to visit with Teresa for a night I THINK...on our way home. It's "en route". When you see Kim, tell her that one day we will meet.
Sending you and Mr. Magpie so much love.
oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox
dear sheila,
i just dropped by to say hello and give you a hug and wow, what a celebration i got to take part in. everything is so much fun, so festive and just a delight.
the pristine white tablecloth with the green and white checked topper.....very pretty. i love the stools you selected for chairs.
i love the stories you tell and i love how you tell at the end where you acquired or purchased everything.
you're in my thoughts and prayers
hugs and love
simply debbie
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those dishes & mugs!!! They are too cute! And I would LOVE to have a bite of that delicious-looking chocolate cake right now, even if it's not lunchtime yet! (Hey, chocolate can be for breakfast,too!) Hurry back---we miss you! Patti in Texas
OMGosh! How gorgeous everything is!! I so miss Publix. That was my favorite store when growing up in Florida. ♥
Lovely greens! Missed seeing you on Pink Saturday. Have a lovely weekend.
Blessings,
Tricia
Love this post!! I just wanted to let you know, I am still reading through your blog in search of the post in which you used the watering can napkin rings; but wanted to say I found the post about your MIL particularly touching and enjoyable....I may have sent this same message to a no-reply email address, wanted to make sure you received it. Loving your blog!! ❤
Post a Comment