Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Oh, How I Adore Shiny Objects!



I also adore shiny comments which you so kindly sent my way for both Cecelia's birthday...



And mine (the details of which I want to share with you in a future post)...



Please accept my heartfelt thanks for your kindness. Each comment was like a special gift, and I have savored them over and over again. You are dear hearts, and I appreciate you SO much! :-)



Now, on to some blog wins and more deserved thanks.

This adorable tag came with something that was very, very shiny indeed...



And the person who sent it, Kathy of the blog A Spectacular Mess HERE, is nothing like the Red Queen...



No, Kathy is the soul of generosity...



And creativity, as evidenced by the way she packaged this gift that I won in her giveaway for the Mad Tea Party event...



Aren't you dying to know what this sparkly bauble is guarding???




Well, take the key and, just like Alice, let's open the door...



To reveal a delightful pendant on a silk ribbon! :-) And don't you love the fact it came wrapped in a sewing pattern. It reminded me of childhood and watching my grandmother make some wonderful creations of her own...



On one side of the pendant is the Hatter himself...



So cute and oh so mad...



And on the other side is fair Alice, the belle of Wonderland...



With a tiny little key and a pearl of wisdom...



And you better believe I've worn this whimsical pendant and received compliments on it, too...



And just in case you think that's all Kathy sent, think again...



Kathy is also a bit of a magpie, and she loves to surprise people...



So she surprised me with these cute little nursery rhymes from a very old book. I can remember saying "A Diller A Dollar" with my mother...



And I adore what this next rhyme says:

Bonnie lass, pretty lass, wilt thou be mine?

THOU SHALT NOT WASH DISHES,

Nor yet serve the swine;

Thou shalt sit on a cushion and sew a fine seam,

Thou shalt eat strawberries, sugar, and cream!



I'm going to frame this one first! ;-)

And Kathy also included these sweet flowerettes, another special token of friendship for which I am so grateful. Thank you, Kathy, for this fun and generous giveaway. Loved it ALL!



Now in addition to those shiny objects, I also won another giveaway from Velvet at the blog VVB32 Reads HERE. Look at this cute, tiny Alice on the note from Velvet....




And here's what Velvet has to say...



And here is the wonderful book I won from Velvet! It's a critical look at Wonderland. And if you've ever been to Velvet's blog, you know how much she loves to read and how creative she is, so I want to thank her for this very kind gift...



A book is the type of gift that keeps on giving. It can be enjoyed over and over for yourself or passed on to others for them to enjoy. And since magpies are curious creatures, I will enjoy anything that is "curiouser and curiouser" like this book...



Thanks to both of you, ladies, for these treasures! I appreciate the gifts and the thoughts behind them even more. Now, I believe I'm going to have a spot of mad tea...



And spend some time enjoying these very...



Shiny...



Objects...



Actually, I might need something a little stronger than tea to handle the following NEWS...



You see, I have been away from home for the week and so has Mr. Magpie...



When he returned home, he discovered that our new yard man (whom we both adore) had literally SCALPED part of our yard. And when I mean scalped, I mean he was given a directive to "tame" the jungle in our side yard (complete with photographs of the way it was before it became a jungle), and now the jungle, including our hosta beds and some other plants, is BARREN EARTH! LOL!



A huge new vista has opened up, and we are going to have to figure out a way to shield our patio in what USED TO BE our "Secret Garden" from the street...



I love it when a man listens, don't you? So I can't be too upset. Still, I have got to be on guard as "we" try to clear another section and then re-landscape the yard...



There is also a list of house projects as long as my arm and yours combined, and I have three important research/writing projects to complete. So my blogging is going to be sporadic at best. I just didn't want my blog friends to worry if I'm not calling on you or posting or returning emails as I normally do. It's just that life is calling my number over and over and over again!



So I will be back, but in the mean time, I am going to give you more chances to win the Birthday Giveaway found HERE. Now don't get all squirrely on me and stretch it by leaving a dozen responses hoping to up your ante because that won't work...



But since some people left more than one response on the Birthday Tea Party post and on the Mad Tea Party post as well, I figured it was only fair to give you a chance to do the same on THIS post! I think there was someone who left about six total. So no more than seven will be counted, and that's a total for all three posts. Does that make sense??? I hope so! :-)



You don't have to follow or tweet or do any of that jazz. I just want to give you extra chances because I like to be fair when it comes to who walks off with the nuts...



I'll be busy hiding them in this tree until time for the drawing...



In the mean time, I'm sending you all good wishes for all that's best. You deserve it! Mrs. Nutkins thinks so, too. Isn't she cute? She visits me every day and chatters...



Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie, the Merry Mad Housewife and Keeper of all the Prizes for YOU! ;-)

*****PLEASE NOTE THAT COMMENTS ARE CLOSED AS OF September 5, 2010, 1:37 PM (EST)for this giveaway. Thank you so much for your sweet comments. Winner TBA soon!****

98 comments:

Betzie said...

Hi Sheila!
Great seeing you today, glad you found a keyhole to get into my blog!
Love your gifts and that squirrel is just precious! Great head shot!
Glad you enjoyed your party!!!
Many happy returns...:)
Betzie

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Sheila,
What great give-away wins, congrats to you!
And I am sorry about your secret garden, I hope you can get it where you want it again.
It sounds like your a busy gal, with much to accomplish in the next few weeks.
But I am so glad you took the time to share this happy and whimsical post with us today!
Hugs and Take Care,
Cindy

Darlene said...

Awwwww what fabulous gifts you have won!!! Also, the squirrel is just too CUTE. Sounds like you definitely had a great time at the party!♥

Brenda Pruitt said...

A spot of tea sounds delightful. Can I have ice in mine? Sure is hot here.
Brenda

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Dear Miss Sheila, I hope this greeting finds you all snuggled up on a cushion eating strawberries, sugar and cream. Sound like you'll need the rest {and the sugar high} to tackle all your upcoming deadlines...not to mention the LANDSCAPING! I howled when I saw your Mad Housewife bottle...you are too funny. You lucky little girl, allergic to cooking, a houseful of fun dishes and the winner of some great giveaways! How 'bout I give you a few bucks and you buy the lottery tickets for me?! Adorable photos of Miss Squirrel. But how did you know it was a she-squirrel? Just curious...Xo, Sue

Kat said...

What lovely things you've won! That pendant is adorable. So sorry about your garden, but as my husband says about Florida, if you put a popsicle stick in the ground it will grow! So hopefully you'll have your secret garden back soon. That picture of Mrs. Nutkins running across the top of the fence is great! Hugs, Kat

Vicki said...

Hello, Sheila, my friend,
You won some lovely presents. I adore that sweet pendant, and I am sure you will get many compliments on it. I am so sorry about your yard!!! Yikes!! I have had a similar thing happen with the man who mows for me. However, he is such a sweetheart, hard worker and faithful to come when I need him, I will keep him as long as possible. It sounds like you are going to be very busy so enjoy your upcoming week~ love and hugs~ Vicki

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

I use to go to a tea house and it was called The Tea Party it was the most wonderful place to go for an afternoon tea,everything was in the style of the mad hatter in Alice in Wonderland,you would sit at these tables that would surround a huge fireplace and you could order all manners of tea or coffees and goodies,my favorite was english scones with preserves and early grey tea,ohh yummo !
Then they sold it and it was never the same... but the memories still are !
Diane

Chatty Crone said...

You sure did win some very lovely gifts there Sheila.

I remember reading that nursery rhyme years ago. (I don't think he will keep that promise).

I can relate to the squirrels.

You have a wonderful blog.

sandie

★Carol★ said...

I love the pendant that you won, and you've certainly been a lucky girl! But for the love of all that's good in this world, don't get so close to those squirrels! They're cute but they bite!
Happy Sunday!
Carol

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

congrats on your lovely wins! I understand writing research papers, ugh! Good luck!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Wow - an amazing post. Such happiness, and shiny things, and gifts, squirrels and fabulous photos. Glad it was such a happy day.

Unknown said...

Oh Sheila, I am so glad that you won such lovely things at the Mad Hatter Tea. Wasn't it wonderful, and so many magical places. I love each and every treasure. OMG your garden scalped, are you sure it wasn't my husband. He thinks he is a gardener, but he goes outside and simply cuts everything away to the limb. I call him the chain saw gardner.

I cringe, but I don't want to hurt his feelings. The good news it grows back even stronger. Until that is, he is out there again with his little chain saw cutter.

Wishing you lots of inspiration and energy to tackle your projects.

Karen

P.S. I have been to the north shore and Ipswich once, but I have to check out that museum. Thank you.

Unknown said...

G'eve Sheila ~
You have received lovely giveaways. That squirrel is too cute! They are very interesting to watch.

Love the sweet wee one pics.

Have a beautiful summer's eve ~
TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Sheilaness! Oh, congratulations on your win of wonderful shining objects!
Now your little squirrel is so cute and hope he's not making a mess at your house!!
Do what you need to do and I'll be here when you get back!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jane said...

Oh, Alice in Wonderland was one of my favorite books. Love the hat, by the way!

Jane

Sue said...

Oh, you won such fun things...I just read that you just won again somewhere:)

I hated to hear about your yard, we get so attached to our spaces don't we? Hopefully it will grow back quickly!

Sarah said...

Mrs. Magpie you are the best! I love to visit your nest. It's always full of wonderful delights and comments and things that make me smile and laugh. Even Mrs. Nutkins has me laughing and giggling tonight, and I'm not very fond of squirrels these days. We have one who has destroyed not only our pation cushions, but now has stripped the bark off our Chinese Maple. The poor maple isn't long for this life I fear. :-(
I'm sorry about your secret garden. Perhaps things will grow quickly.
Your gifts are terrific, and I'm hoping I'm a lucky one when it comes to your sweet birthday give away. ;-)
~ Sarah

Rebecca Nelson said...

Sheila...thank you for visiting me today my sweet friend and for the kind words and support you left for me on my blog. It means more than I can say~

Now...LOVE your gifts. WOW!

Love to you~

Rebecca

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sheila! I love all of your goodies! You are the perfect person to receive them! And what fun pics of the litttle squirrel! You got some really great shots...especially with the fence! Is that the hole in the tree that will get the little door? Cute! Sorry about your garden! Try not to work too hard...it's miserably hot! We'll be here whenever you can visit! Have a good week!...hugs...Debbie

Neinah Avelin said...

Dear Mrs M..,
Lovely to hear from you and see you delicious post... Hope you get lots done and get back to us soon.
Love,
Neinah

Ivory Spring said...

What a fun post, Sheila -- love your shinies! I need to know your secret in winning those giveaways. I hardly EVER win... and you have won quite a few in the last couple of months. :)

Sorry to hear about your yard - but that is just another opportunity to let creativity flow to come up with something new! :)

I would love to know what you are researching about... very curious I am! :)

Thanks for your kind words on my quilt - that was very fun to do. :)

Beth at Aunties said...

I am glad your birthday was a special one and wish your surprise upon returning home would have been more pleasant. UGH! Hopefully your landscaper can feel it in and your 'private' hideaway will be better than ever for both treasured Magpies.
What a darling a giveaway and talented tale... then I have to mention the cute bushy tail! Great pictures!
Good luck with ALL you have going on and know your friends will you & will always be here when you return!
I am closing this down and maybe tomorrow I will be more lucky and find solutions to Mr Blogger;) ~♥

Anonymous said...

Sheila,
Great hearing from you....I know...I haven't been blogging...It has been a very busy summer for me....I will be posting some wedding picture soon...Had 3 funerals...2 reunion...a wedding...now getting ready to go t2 retreats in Sept. and Oct. Busy..busy! I am going to check out the Birthday giveaways...By the way when is your birthday...Happy Birthday! Thanks for swtopping by and sweet comments...I doing fine...I promise I want keep ya worrying..Love ya my friend..Kat

Regina said...

Hello Sheila. Such adorable gifts. and that cool holder:).
And Mrs. Nunskin is a cutie.
Looking forward for you next post.
Great post today.
Have a lovely new week.
xo

MyThoughtsMyVoice said...

Hello Sheila,

Now wasn't it just yesterday I emailed you and here I am again LOL Well, you did say you were planning on a break so had to visit first.

Congratulations! Alice in Wonderland is such a magical story. I remember as a little girl watching the Disney cartoons. It really sparks your imagination. Though I haven't read the book itself. Someday . . .

Squirrels are cute cause I think of The Chipmunks. But if ever I get to see one in person, I'm not quite sure they would be as adorable or is that just my imagination?

Mizpah,
Li

(I hope my comment goes through. I can't seem to comment on some Blogger-hosted blogs)

Lorrie said...

Good morning Sheila-I just love your Mad Tea Party giveaway goodies--especially that pendant!

And while you were away, the "Mad Lanscaper" was at work--oh my! No wonder you may turn into a "Mad Housewife!" I wonder what Mrs. Nutkins and family thought while it was all going on?

Sounds like you're going to be quite busy. I know the feeling well and will look forward to seeing you whenever things settle down a bit.

Debbie said...

Well, I for one will miss your fun chatter and look forward to you having the time to be back in the game! You make me smile.

I think I love the packaging (especially that tag) as much as the pendant and other giveaway goodies.

I hope you can salvage the secret garden and get it miracle growing or something. UGH to men. Can't live with 'em... can't live without 'em.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What fun packaging! I don't know if we could have opened it, it's so darn cute!! Guess it was a good thing - because those are some mighty fine things Mrs. Magpie :)
Want you to know, that I am in complete understanding of that hack job.....last fall we had a tree "trimed" This year I've been busy changing the shade garden to a sun-loving garden!! Oh well!!
Now, go on and get those projects done so you can come back and play in blogland!!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Sheila, what great things you have won. We all need a copy of "thou shall not wash dishes." Great photos of the squirrel. They are such interesting creatures.

Thanks for the get well message you sent my way. It meant a lot.
Hugs,
Sam

Kathy said...

I'm so glad that you liked your give-a-way! Do tell. WHERE did you get that bottle of wine?!! That just cracked me up. And your Mad Hatter Hat - divine! As for your scalped Secret Garden - yipes! But look it as starting with a fresh new slate. That can be fun. (just trying to put a positive spin on it)

Happy Monday!! - Kathy

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

http://jingleyanqiu.wordpress.com/2010/08/02/the-celebrate-blogger-awards-plus-prayers-4-viola/

awards are fun, one celebrate blogger of June award (see details), plus 4 friendship awards.
viola lost her husband,
I lost a general friend,
all together,
please visit and give love to them…
thanks

Unknown said...

Well, happy belated birthday to you and Cecelia! I love the curious squirrel...!

Cathy said...

Oh dear, I'm so sorry to read about your scalped yard. I hope most of it eventually grows back. That must have been quite the surprise.

You started my day off on such a lovely note, Sheila. It's always a treat to visit.

xinex said...

What a cute pendant! Thanks for stopping by, Sheila. changed my blog background and it changed my layout too and I could not get it back to the old one. With the new layout, the blog roll was overlapping over my blog pictures and I could not correct it so I took my blog lists off. I will just experiment again when I have more time. I am in Chicago right now and it is my 5th out of town travel since July 1st so it's been busy and have not enough time at home to tinker with anything. It's a surprise that I was still able to enter a few blog posts. I am using my sister's computer right now cause she does not have a wireless router and that really sets me back a bit. Have a nice week...Christine

chasity said...

my hubbie had to chop down two of our big old trees this weekend and he "trimmed" up another....though i called it a little something worse.

i feel so exposed now~
i feel your pain sheila!!

love your pendant necklace.
that will be fun to wear.

have a great week dear friend.

SmilingSally said...

I'll simply leave ONE comment; it's enough.

What a pity that yard workers don't read pictures!

I love the little blue teapot.

Happy Blue Monday, Sheila.

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Sheila..... Well, it looks like you either had a LONG birthday celebration --or Christmas in July... All of your gifts are so pretty.... I'd love to read that version of Alice in Wonderland... Bet it will make you THINK....

Love your header!!!! Yum!
Hugs,
Betsy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

You won so may wonderful give away gifts, Sheila! Enjoy them all!

I hope the gardener has some good plans on how to get the remaining shrubs to grow again and you get your secret garden back.

Tee hee ...I loved the expression on the squirrel in the last photo! It's as if he is saying: "Who? Me?"

♥ Pat

susan said...

Well it seems you should buy a lottery ticket!! I saw that you won salad servers at MLW's too! These are perfect gifts for you! I happen to adore Mr. Nutkins! I know some people call them rodents with fluffy tails, but so far none has offended me that much :). Life and its responsibilities does have a nasty habit of getting in the way of our hobbies, doesn't it? :) Don't worry--we anxiously await your return!

susan said...

ps-Love the Cupcake header!!!!

Shellbelle said...

Hi Sheila, I'm finally back from the other coast (boy, is it HOT over there!) and wanted to drop in to see what you've been up to. I must say, it looks like a lot of fun around your nest! Well, except for the whole garden being butchered thing. Cute goodies have arrived to fill you with such merriment; the creativity in blogland is amazing!

I'll call you later, so we can catch up.

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Karen Deborah said...

I think that might be one of the cutest tea pots i have ever seen. Happy belated birthday luvy bird!

Donna said...

Hi Sheila,
What absolutely wonderful gifts you won!

Mrs. Nutkins is very cute!

Hugs,
Donna

bunny, The Paris House said...

Sheila,
Such treasures that you have received!! That squirrel looks very entertaining, we have a racoon who visits us each evening, it is so funny. He is like a little person with hands trying to open the tin can that holds our dog food. Oliver finds this so amusing!!
I am always so happy when I come and visit your magical blog
xoxo
Love and hugs from Bunny and Oliver

Lynette Killam said...

I love your bushy-tailed visitor! As I sit here quietly on my deck with my laptop, I'm watching birds and squirrels clamber onto the railings in search of the nuts and seed they know I've left for them...so sweet to watch them lining up for turns.

How wonderful that you won such gorgeous prizes...couldn't happen to a nicer woman! Our blogging buddies are among our best friends, aren't they?

But such a lot of work you have now with your yard..yikes! Hope you get it back in shape soon. This third day of August has dawned cool and cloudy here..I can smell Fall in the air, my favourite time of year...:) Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Lynette

Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. You won some wonderful giveaways, lucky gal! So sorry to hear about your yard, I guess it pays to be extremely detailed in giving directions.
Love and hugs,
BFF,(blog friends forever)
Cindy

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sheila...

Ohhh...I just adore your lovely pendent that Kathy made for you! It's sooo YOU, my friend! I loved seeing that pretty packaging as well! What a creative and talented lady, Ms. Kathy, must be! Thank you for sharing your treasure with us!

I'm sooo happy to hear that you and Cecelia had fabulous birthdays!!! What darling photos!!!

Well my friend, I just wanted to come by after reading the sweet note that you left for me on my blue cottage veranda! So glad that you stopped in for a visit, my friend!

Warmest wishes,
Chari @Happy To Design

Together We Save said...

Wonderful post!! Cute tea party!!

vvb32 reads said...

happy belated birthday to you two! you have fabulous shiny's ;-D

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You won some wonderful bling! Love that cute squirrel!

Rettabug said...

♫ ♫ Lucky-Dog~Lucky-Dog ♫ ♫

You did a fantastic job of showing off all your prizes, Shelia! Very clever prose.
I'm especially taken with the old nursery rhymes...I remember them, too.

Thanks for the link to Kathy's blog. It is new to me & I'm going over there right after I hit 'publish'

fondly,
Rett

Rhonda Roo said...

OOOH how pretty is that silk & bead pendant combo? Simple and lovely-I bet you are getting compliments left and right!

and who doesn't love the gift of a book? you can read it, picnic style, with a blanket spread out under an umbrella, or your new, um. In your new patch of, er. Well.

Didn't you say you wanted a sandbox? :p

Oh, the tea party below was DEVINE!! i have looked at pics over & over..too too sweet. :-)I love those treats, holy moly, a girl could come to expect alot from future tea times after a shindig such as that!

:-) Have a happy day!

From the Old InkWell said...

What a cute peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Any kid would love to eat that!

Monica said...

Oh that cute squirrel! Sorry to be late, Sheila, my life has been hectic (better say crazy!) lately!
Your kind and nice words mean a lot to me!
Hugs,
Monicax.

Moore Minutes said...

What a magically happy post! I just soaked up the delight in each photo. Those cupcakes look EXTRA delicious. You are a LOVED woman because you spread so much joy everywhere you go. <3

Carrie Ann Eddleman said...

I love Miss Nutkins how sweet. I used to have a Mr. Fluffytail who visited everyday at my last home, now I haven't one squirrel to enjoy, unless ceramic counts ; ). Congrats on all of your lovely gifts. See you soon. Carrie

JEANNE said...

good morning Sheila, another wonderful post The squirrel shots are awesome. How fun is that?

Please forgive me for not visiting more often. With my daughter recovering from surgery and now Bill's sister and her husband are visiting. I am one busy gal. I do enjoy company but this summer has been constant. A break in a couple of weeks will be soooo welcome. No one is scheduled until October. I long to spend hours on my computer just enjoying my friends. Another couple of weeks...then quiet for a change.

Have a wonderful day my dear friend.
Love you much,
Jeanne xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

good grief girl,....you better go buy a lotto ticket with all the winnings you have had lately. And befitting a magpie for sure! LOL...I had to laugh at the "scalping" business because crying won't help...that's for sure. Maybe it's a blessing in disguise. (the hostas will return) My Bobby G. cuts everything in sight with his machete. I mark young trees, like the dogwoods that come up as volunteers, with ribbons so he won't chop them down. Good luck on all your projects and don't work too hard. Play is good for your soul. Now I am off to visit my Mom for a time. xoxo Moi

Anonymous said...

P.S. I forgot to say that I wrote the anniversary post two days earlier and tried to schedule it but blogger posted it instead...ugh....so I had to take it down until the correct day. I didn't get the beach house...boohoo..but I did get a trip to a beautiful piece of land coming up this Fall. :)

Jacqueline said...

What a wonderful prize and the way it was packaged must have made it all the more exciting to open. You are just winning all over the place. I saw that you won the salad servers from Michael Lee West. We laugh in our home that the only thing I ever have won is a set of mini whisks at a Tupperware party 25 years ago, but I happened to use those today.

Happy Birthday also. Hope it was wonderful.

The Muse said...

Shiela, those are lovely items. You must’ve really liked them; your blog post says it all! Anyway, I think anybody would adore those gifts. I hope to have them also!

Blessings,
The Muse

Gloria said...

Hey! I didn't even realize you had a new post! Thank goodness I stopped by to say HI! :) I love your little squirrel on your pretty fence! Too bad she didn't scare away 'the mad gardner!' :)
Love xxoo,
gv

Deborah said...

OH my dear Sheila, Six comments each. You know if you give some people an inch they will take a mile. What are you letting yourself in for? LOL Sorry to hear about your garden. Sounds like your gardener is way over-enthusiastic. Well it will give you the chance to start again and have some fun doing it.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good morning sweet girl...just wanted to wish you a GREAT weekend on your side of the mountain...Love ya girl Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

LADY JANE said...

Oh NUTS....I never win anything because I am a shameful little blogger who hardly EVER stops in anymore to visit with my favorite squirrly friends...........sigh! Perhaps if you wave at me once and awhile with a VERY shiny object...I may emerge from under the pile of toys...and set down this Gran-babe and show my squirrley lil' self again! Miss you Magpie!

Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. magpie, I always enjoy reading your posts. You certainly have won some great blog give a ways. What a charming little squirrel you have visiting you. I find them so entertaining but Charli not so much :>)Good luck with all of your projects and enjoy the beautiful summer we have all been having.
Love, Carol

Terra said...

This was a fun post, and the pendant, book and other things you won are glorious. How crazy that your yard was scalped; well, that means you can buy pretty shrubs and flowers to create new beauty.

D.O.S.A. said...

Have fun with all of your new shiny objects. The wine is a hoot!

black eyed susans kitchen said...

This whole post is pure fun and whimsy! Loved every bit of it...so happy that you have your winnings.
♥, Susan

Drawn to The Sea said...

Alice in Wonderland scared the bejeebers out of me as a kid (still kinda does)... but I love that tag!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Just catching up with you today now we are back. Loved seeing all your gorgeous wins - you lucky girl! Cute picture of cheeky Mr Nutkins.
Love to you.
Lindsay
x

Julie Pishny said...

Lovely blog, oh how I love your shiny objects all perfect. Little nutkins is a cutey. Thanks for sharing and the birthday celebration must have been wonderful. Hugs - Julie

Charlotte said...

Hi Sheila...another great post..You got some really great goodies you lucky lady...and I was away in Jersey and not near my computer so it seems I missed a birthday....so Happy Bleated Birthday to you !!

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Sheila,
You lucky girl, got some great gifts!
That little squirrel is adorable.
Hope lifes slows down for you soon!
Hugs, Ann

♥ Kathy said...

I'm sad I missed your birthday :( Happy Belated Birthday! ♥ I just love all your prizes...so pretty! Missed you Sheila *big hugs*

JEANNE said...

Hi Sheila, I'm home and ready for a quiet time here for the first time this summer. I know you are busy with your responsibilities but I just wanted to say hello. I am home with nothing planned until Oct. YAY!!!

Don't work too hard my friend. I know your new garden will be beautiful.

Love you to pieces.
Jeanne

Sue said...

Just stopping by to say hello! Miss you!

Jenny said...

Are you OK? I've been missing you. Just wanted to check in and let you know you're being thought of!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Dear Miss Shelia...

I was away from home on Monday when your BIG box came my friend. I didn't get to open it up until last night and I could hardly wait. My hubby told me all about it and I was almost too excited to speak when he told me about the wrapped goodies inside it!

He of course did not peek...no...noo...nooooo! He wanted to see my face when I opened up each beautifully wrapped gift...

Now my friend...what can I say?

I'm speechless. I am. And I'm NEVER without words...not ever!

You have blessed me more than I can say. I love the bath products...truly divine! I LOVE the starfish and I want you to know they are all very special to me. Growing up near the ocean and loving the sea makes me so sad to live so far away from it. Now I have something that will remind me daily of my homeland.

The handkerchief has already been given a place on honor (I'm crazy-over-the-moon excited about it!). I just love, love, love it! And...that teensie tiny little egg...well...it took my breath away.

How can I even thank you for all your generosity? Your heart is much, much bigger than mine.

Now...don't be upset...but I just HAD to peek at what you gave to my Miss K! I carefully unwrapped her two little gifts so I could share with everyone this weekend her treasures, too. I LOVE those little Piggy Kitchen Thingys :) and she will love having her very own utensils to help me out with in the kitchen! I love them so much, too. I wrapped them back up so she'll never know I sneaked a little look inside!

Now...I'm just going to have to think of something wonderful to do for you in return...

Thank you sweet and lovely friend. You have blessed me over and over again.

Love to you~

Rebecca

xinex said...

Hi Sheila! Thank you so much for stopping by. I was thinking about you today and was really going to stop by to say hi but I got caught b/w making a hotel reservation and my mom needing me for something. (to show her where her bedroom is, she can never remember, lol). I hope yo are not overworking yourself. Take some time to rest....Christine

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sheila,
It was so nice to hear from you! I was just thinking about when you might be blogging again. I so miss your pretty and colorful posts! In fact, I just read this one again. It's so fun and full of whimsy!
It sounds like your a busy gal. I know summers go so quickly and I hope you have had a lovely one. Take Care my friend and I look forward to your next post!
And thanks for all your sweet comments too, the shower was a lot of fun!
Big Hugs,
Cindy

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Congrats on all of your goodies! Nice wins! Cute squirrle too, he he!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to the 1st when I am sure you will post a most fabulous blog post!! And don't forget to come on by 8/21 for my give-away. I think you will love it. xoxoxoxoxoxo

JEANNE said...

Hi Sheila, thinking of you today and everyday my dear friend. I hope your dh is doing well. Prayers are always in my heart for you both.

I gave our CC a bath today and she was an angel. What did I do to deserve such a sweet pup.

Keeping busy and trying to visit more.
Love you much,
Jeanne xoxoxo

bj said...

All at once, I looked around and could find you.

Everyone deserves a bloggy break..I feel one coming up around here, too.

So glad you had a good party..
Take care and....don't work too hard on your break.
xo bj

Fifi Flowers said...

VERY cute party!

Deborah said...

Hi Sheila, hope everything is going well with you. Just wanted to stop by and say Hi and wish you a wonderful wonderful week.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Thank-you for the sweet comments and birthday wishes Sheila!!
You're the sweetest and a great friend!
I so hope Mr. Magpie is going to feel better soon. I hope it's nothing serious. You take care of yourself too.
Big Hugs and Thanks again sweetie!
Cindy

claudie said...

Oh I have missed you. Why didn't I comment here? I'm not sure. This post just reminded me of our evening watching Alice in Wonderland, we watched again last week. LOVE IT.
You deserve every single beautiful shinny thing Mrs. Magpie... BTW is Mr. Magpie sick????????? I hope it's nothing serious oh my.
Everything is fine here. Randy is with Riley right now. Looking at a "room for rent" for him. My sis and hubby are moving soon. Riley needs to find accommodations. Randy has been healing himself. Good days, some bad, but mostly good ones lately. The pool sure helps.
Randy's contract is up in Sept. : (
Looking for another contract is always stressful, and stress is just not good for him right now. Oh well things will be fine.
Sending you cyber hugs my dear friend. I hope the weather is better for you. I know you have been busy.
Love You
Love Me
oxoxoxoxoxoxo

Sue said...

Hi Shelia,
I am so sorry I missed yours and Cecelia's birthday, so is it okay to stop and sing Happy Birthday to you both, may you both share many birthdays together. She is adorable and how blessed you both are to have special times together.
Congratulations on all of your beautiful gifts, coming here is like visiting a place where all of our dreams come true.You are so missed when you are not in blogland.
I am so sorry about you secret garden, Maybe he listened to closely. LOL.
I have had a very busy summer , but a great one, you know it is always great when family visit, and we have been visiting too.
Take care and I will be back soon to visit.You are so great about returning visits, but Please don't worry about visiting me until you have got caught up, I so completely understand.
Much love going your way today.
Hugs,
Sue

Debbie said...

Just checking in here to tell you to hurry up and get your shiny lovin' tail back to blogland.

That's a Georgia way of saying that your posts are missed. Hope all is going well and according to schedule.

Moore Minutes said...

Sheila, I wanted to tell you how AMAZING I think you are! Your words and comments WARM my heart...every time. :) I hope you're enjoying your blog break. BUT I can't get my mind off those M&M cupcakes on your header!! You have NO idea how much I'm craving a cupcake now, lol.

Beth at Aunties said...

I just read you are nursing Mr Magpie. I hope it is not serious and he returns to great health
quickly. I am also sending you a tender hug and hope the funeral adds to healing your heart and those of their families... I am sorry you lost your close friend.
You are missed! ~♥

Anonymous said...

Sheila,

I love your blog. What a fun night! Spending time with you is always fun. Be sure to sign me up for your drawing. Thanx. You know my email address.

Love you,

Chatty Kathy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Please note that comments are now closed on this post in terms of the contest.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Losing what is on our mind is truly a gateway to our personal wonderland, where we each have the freedom to create our own version of paradise, which can then be lovingly brought into this world of collective and creative dreams for all to enjoy.

SmilingSally said...

Happy Labor Day, Sheila.