
Good Day, All! I hope this day finds everyone well and enjoying summer fun...
I am so happy to be back in the Land of Blog. I missed you while I was away the last few days!
Thank you to the very nice young man at Best Buy who struggled with my computer and finally figured out that it was NOT a virus but dual virus control that was prohibiting me from accessing the internet. YEA! :-)
The last time I posted, I thought I was headed to tea at the Ritz in Orlando in honor of my godchild Cecelia's birthday...
But due to a date change, there was a bit of a scheduling conflict that didn't permit the time slot we wanted...
So after some research and checking around with friends, we drove all the way to Plant City, Florida, where we found a delightful tea room...
That the girls seemed to thoroughly enjoy...
For there was shopping in addition to tea...
With lots of shiny objects to tempt munchkins...
And big girls alike...
The blue in this rug reminds me of Blue Monday...
And the roses on this cabinet remind me of Pink Saturday...
Because Plant City is the Winter Strawberry Capital, there are strawberry dishes for Tablescape Thursday or Tea Time Tuesday...
And this Kelley Rightsell rug reminds me of Hattie...
Cecelia's frog...
So the rug went home to live with Hattie and her friends as a present for Cecelia's birthday...

And one little girl we know spent the evening in her play room, happily twirling on top of it as I watched...
The tea room has a main dining room that was set up for a mystery tea on the afternoon we visited...
While we were shopping, I noticed that ladies were arriving in their pajamas and hair curlers. Some even had green face masks...
Apparently the "murder" occurred at a slumber party, and these ladies were the guests...
I didn't get their pictures because who wants to be photographed for a blog in hair curlers and scary face glop??? ;-)
We were tucked away in our own little nook with two other tables, including this pink one...
Which is good when you are with two little girls hopped up on sugar, and I'm talking about Cecelia...
And me! ;-)
Not Cecelia's Best Friend, Lady A...
Who is eight going on forty and is one of my favorite little people in the whole wide world...

She's just more mature than we are...

And is so very proper! ;-)
The first thing we did was try on hats...
And there were lots from which to choose...
Of course, pink was the color of choice with this pink crowd...
Can you tell someone is excited???
And despite the fact that you could roast a whole steer on the sidewalk outside from the blast furnace that was Central Florida that day...
The Birthday Girl never stopped smiling...
Or chattering...
"Ooooh, look at that!"
Or smiling...
Or chattering...
"Ooooh, and that! Look at that!"
Or smiling AND chattering, and this was before sugar. ;-)
Then they brought lots of that to the table...
These are the children's tea selections which I think might interest our Foodie Friday crowd...
Do you think the birthday girl [who has an uneaten cheese sandwich on her plate]...
Loved this chocolate confection with green icing best?
You do?

How can you tell? ;-)
The sandwiches (which were, eventually, eaten) were grilled cheese triangles...
And peanut butter and jelly hearts...
Shhhh... they served grape jelly instead of Plant City strawberry jam, but one of the girls didn't mind...
And the other was too busy sampling the sweets to care! ;-)
While they weren't looking, I snitched a chocolate covered pretzel or two. Just because...
And despite the girls' love of all things pink, these cute little pink treats didn't find an audience. So in order for their debut not to have been in vain, I examined them closely and determined they were some sort of sandwich covered in pink sugar and possibly cream cheese with tiny dinosaur sprinkles...
And just in case you thought the big girls were left out, think again! Our server brought us this tea stand...
There were cranberry scones with clotted cream...
Open-face cucumber sandwiches, curry chicken salad sandwiches, and bruchetta along with swan eclaires and mocha cupcakes topped with cherries (which mysteriously disappeared onto the munchkin side of the table)...
One of my favorite things they served (shown here next to a swan) is some sort of light, praline type confection with almonds. Now, if you're in the Deep South (Mississippi or Louisiana) where pralines originated in this country, you know to pronounce this praw-lean and not pray-lean, just like it's craw-fish and not (fingernails on a blackboard) cray-fish. Don't embarrass yourself or Mrs. Magpie by committing this grievous breach of etiquette if you are in New Orleans or environs. Those people know food, and they'll think you are an alien or worse, a culinary rube. ;-)
Just sayin'...
Pralines and all, it was a lovely day spent with lovely friends...
And did you notice how they blended all sorts of china, but somehow it works? I think that's because they kept the plates from the same set so you had that continuity, and then they varied the teacups for each place setting...
And the tiny rose in the center of each plate is the napkin. How on earth did they fold those to do that? The little girls really liked those...
Good food and good friends, it just doesn't get any better than that...
And I want to thank Adelaide, Cecelia's grandmother, for inviting me to be her guest. She is every bit as sweet as she looks...

And now, if you've made it this far, I want to say that I have a little surprise for you. A few weeks ago, I participated in a Mad Tea Party, and I graciously received quite a few visitors and won two fantastic giveaways which I plan on sharing with you soon...
I had so much fun, I decided to have a GIVEAWAY to thank the tea party visitors AND to commemorate Cecelia's eighth birthday and my own birthday which is this coming Pink Saturday and shall remain numberless. Trust me, I'm as old as Methuselah. ;-) I'm also approaching my 200th post...
Anyone who was on that tea party post and anyone on this post is entered for this GIVEAWAY so you have more than one chance to win if you posted there and here...
Now, WHAT am I giving away??? Well, it's a SURPRISE, but the answer may be found INSIDE this Alice in Wonderland teapot-for-one which is also part of the giveaway. The surprise really has nothing to do with Wonderland, except for the fact that I'm making you wonder...
And just in case the four girls who have won recent giveaways from me think I've forgotten about you, think AGAIN! I have all but one present selected, and they will be mailed to you soon. :-) And you four may also sign up to win again on this post. I'm an equal opportunity gift giver! ;-)
In the mean time, my blogging might be a bit sketchy (though I plan to return visits). The Queen Mother (my MIL) is coming for a visit here, and I don't want her to wonder after 30+ years of marriage why on earth her beloved son (Shrine Boy) married someone who not only loves takeout but has a disturbingly messy house! Plus, we will also be celebrating Mr. Magpie's brother's birthday (he and his wife are joining us as well as Mr. Magpie's sister and her husband). So we have a big family "do" coming up. Additionally, I'm going to be celebrating Rhonda's birthday which is the 25th of July, so be sure and stop by and wish her a "Happy Birthday" by clicking HERE. There are some other birthday girls in this loop that I want to wish a Happy Birthday to as well: Spencer (July 23... it's her 60th!) HERE, Gloria (July 25 along with Rhonda mentioned above) HERE, and Pink Saturday's very own Beverly (July 26 and her mother July 24) HERE. Be sure and wish them all a Happy Birthday! :-)
So remember to sign up to win a neat surprise (you'll want it!) in a teapot, and also visit the following friends and their memes:
Susan at Between Naps on the Porch who is celebrating her 100th Tablescape Thursday this week HERE

Michael Lee for Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum HERE

Beverly for Pink Saturday at How Sweet the Sound HERE

Sally for Blue Monday at Smiling Sally HERE

And Lady Katherine for Tea Time Tuesday (and she has links there to other tea related memes) at Lady Katherine Tea ParlorHERE

Thank you for visiting me today and making my day complete, and I look forward to visiting you, too! And Happy Anniversary to Susan and Tablescape Thursday!
Cheers! :-)
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
P.S. I've had several people comment about wanting to go to the tearoom, so here is a link to their website with all sorts of information regarding the history of the building, the menu, special events, etc. Enjoy! CAMELLIA ROSE TEA COTTAGE




200 comments:
I cannot believe that I'm the FIRST to comment, Sheila!
Cecelia is so very fortunate to have you in her life to share such a pink ladylike experience and celebration of her birthday.
And speaking of birthdays ... I wish YOU a very
♬Happy Birthday dear Sheila. ♪
♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♬
My SWEET Sheila.... HAPPY BIRTHDAY....and you ARE NOT old... :-) I hope it's a special and fabulous day.. :-) I wonder....am I day older, or a day younger?? :-)
Oh my...your little Cecelia is just as cute as can be. Her parents better get started on the mote now. She will have a million gentlemen callers. Now, that realllly sounded old, didn't it? I think I must be a day older.. :-)
Sending you huge birthday lovies....dear and wonderful girlie...
xoxoxoxoxo
S
What a lovely, fun day. Your little Cecelia is adorable. I just love the hat! Why oh why did ladies stop wearing hats? Happy Birthday to you a few days early, just in case you are too busy to check in this weekend. Sounds like you are going to have a houseful. There's nothing better, is there? Have a wonderful week! Hugs, Kat
Oh my gosh, what a fabulous tea room and that chandelier is gorgeous! What a lovely afternoon you all had, I wish I could have been a fly on the wall watching you all. Actually, I think I'd rather be a fly on one of those luscious cupcakes, mmmm…everything looks so yummy.
But the belle of the ball was definitely little Miss Cecelia, she looks adorable in that hat.
I'm getting so excited about celebrating our birthdays this week. To heck with getting older, parties are so much fun!
Kisses and Cupcakes
Oh Sheila, I did so miss your posts- they ALWAYS make me smile! What a fun day and a lovely tea room! I have hosted "slumber parties" for grown up girls and will again soon. Who says we HAVE to grow up??!! have a glorious birthday friend :)
xoxo Pattie
What a beautiful, frothy, fun time you had! This post was delightful!!
And a happy birthday to you too! Cecelia looks so sweet in her lovely chapeau. You can just tell that a fabulous day was shared by all of you. And the older than Methuselah comment??? hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
Great way to start the day.
Cheers,
Kathy
Very happy to hear about the computer! The tea party looks just delightful - what a wonderful memory for Cecelia!
Happy, Happy Birthday this Saturday! I hope you have the most wondrous of days, dear friend. You deserve it.
xoxo
Claudia
Wow! What an amazing time! Thanks for taking the time to share all those pictures. That moon rug is absolutely adorable -- I would buy that for myself!
What a beautiful tea party! My little girl would just love that!
Good Morning Sheila
Your pictures from the tea room are wonderful. You must have all felt like princesses being treated like that. The kids sandwiches with the faces on are adorable and those cream cakes.... I am speechless! Did you eat them all or did you bring some of them home to enjoy later? That tea room looks such fun and my kind of place.
I would love to enter your great giveaway. The teapot is so sweet and I am intigued as to what's inside.
Glad you received your package. Have a lovely day on Saturday.
Lindsay
x
What a sweet and lovely tea party, Sheila, captured as only you could capture it.
Best wishes to you for the happiest birthday celebration ever, and a wonderful visit with Mr. Magpie's family.
P.S. -- I can't imagine your house ever being messy!
Sincerely,
Janie
Dear Mrs. Party Queen!!! How do I hop on your magic carpet ride? No cooking, lots of sugar, and party, after party, after party! Way fun! Little Cecelia is just adorable...my little heart went pitter patter over that adorable rug. Every little girl needs one of those in her life.
Here's wishing you a beautiful birthday and blessings beyond measure! Xo, Sue
Oh, that looks like a lot of fun. What a great way to teach young ladies manners and have fun at the same time. Great blog!
Jane
That was fun! XXMollye
Oh where is my mindd.............I wanted to tell you Happy Birthday and I love you!
Oh I always love your blog posts - they have so many pretty pictures and what else is a blog for but to see everyone's photos? This tea party looked like the best fun in the world.
I love how you captured faces and actions - I just loved the whole thing - I adore tea parties. I love the links you put up too - so many wonderful places to visit.
Happy birthday to one and all!!! Or as Ben (5 year old grandson) would say - to one and doll. LOL
Delightful is a bit of an understatement for this love tea party! What fun! What memories! What delicious looking eye and tummy candy! Thanks for letting us tag along. The PB&J heart faces made me smile.
Oh, I'm so hungry now! I will think of you and laugh everytime I say pralines wrong now! Prawlins? Really?That looks like so much fun. I've got to see if there is a tea place around here.
Happy Birthday! Old? You certainly don't act it! Your posts are the most fun and whimsical in blogland!
big Birthday Hugs,
Dawn
Dear Sheila,
This is just the loveliest tea party. You have shared such sweet memories of that day with all of us!! Everyone looks so happy. The table setting is so pretty and the dishes do look so nice together. I loved the shopping tour you took us on, the pink painted cabinet with the mirror is adorable. Cecilia is adorable!!
xoxo
Bunny
A magical beautiful day for two lucky little girls!!! Sheila, you are the hostess with the mostess! I loved this magical, wonderful day and I am so glad your shared it with us!
Have fun with the Queen Mum and all the other upcoming events!
Oh, and please enter me, I so love that gorgeous tea-pot, it's magical and wonderful, just like this post!
Hugs,
Cindy
Hi Sheila! Your super cool lobster plates have found a home here:
Nautical and Beach Theme Table Settings
Sheila I hope you have the very happiest of birthdays! Cheers, also, to your brother-in-law! Enjoy your mother-in-law's and other relatives visit. :)
Cecelia's 8th birthday was so full of wonderful treats! The tea looked so wonderfully creative and delicious. Your present to her is so darling!
I am so happy you reminded me of the proper pronunciation of praline and crawfish....you wouldn't want to hear how I say it with my New Yawk/Brooklynese accent...lol... it isn't pretty! I need voice lessons.
I'd love to win your give away as I collect teapots! Please enter my name in the draw.
♥ Pat
Oh my goodness - I want that pink flamingo on the top of your blog!
Happy birthday to your beautiful God daughter.
What an awesome tea house that was.
They had food for the girls and food for 'the girls'.
It looked beautiful - nice pics.
And more prizes for your friends.
Glad your computer is fixed.
♥sandie
Oh I have missed you, Sheila. Welcome back! What a pretty tea house, glad you discovered it. Cecelia is getting so big and so pretty. She is just so cute in her hat. Belated happy birthday to her!...Christine
What a fun party, the guest of honor sure looks like she had a great time!
Oh Shelia, that had to be the bestest birthday celebration EVER! I would have been in 7th Heaven! I'm so glad you took your camera & did they think you were nuts, taking all those shots??? LOL
Beautiful child..."Happy Birthday, Cecelia!!"
That tea room looks just delightful!! I'll have to figure out how far away it is from where I live, I would love to go there!
The little girls are adorable and look like they are really enjoying the tea party!
Have fun with your visitors!
Katherine
Can't wait to see what the surprise gift is!
Lovely, lovely, lovely post. :) The birthday girl looked so sweet. I do believe she is growing up right in front of my bloggy nose.
Praw-lean, I shall try to remember that. So many new words, and ways for this old lady to remember. Oy vey!
Wonderful wonderful wonderful, Sheila!
Happy birthday to Miss C. What a gorgeous tea party. Beautiful celebration.
Could this post BE any more delightful???? No, I think not. I loved every bit of it from the sugar confections to the beautiful tables to the floppy hat (the floppy hat was my favorite part) to the story of the mystery tea.
I would love to visit that tea room. It would be right up my alley. You are DEFINITELY a gal after my own heart.
Welcome back to the cyber living!
What a colorful and delightful post--and tea room. It looks like beauty all around! Thanks for a great post.
oooh simply delightful. I'm so blown away. I love all you shared with us. Happy Birthday. Thanks for stopping by, glad i found your blog.
Hi Sheila, What an incredible party for the birthday girls...Glad you got to go... I'm sure you BOTH had a great birthday.
Love that Tea Room... We had a favorite Tea Room when I lived in Texas --where we would go on occasion. They also had a little shop ---and we always had to check out everything each time we went.
Thanks for bringing back my Tea Room memories....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY..
Hugs,
Betsy
What a fun tea party girl...Now I loved that tea room...I'm having my Granddaughter baby shower at out local tea room we have 30 coming...just thought it would be a fun day for the ladies and Ok let's face it less work for me...Did you get my email the other day Shelia...Hope all is GREAT in your world my Dear friend...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
That was the best! And the bday girl looked like she loved every minute of it!
Happy Birthday!
Sheila, a delightful post!!
Cecelia is such a darling girl. She is such a little lady. I love her dress and the hat she wore.
What a beautiful tea room. Did you happen to flip over those square plates and see what pattern it is and who makes them? I know, I know... it's not the right thing to do etiquette-wise... :) Just curious...
Love all the china - that Desert Rose tier stand melts me! :) And those Lomonosov pieces --- oh, I just swooned! ;)
Thanks for a lovely post, and reminding me that the world is full of beauty!
Oh, I want to have tea at the Camellia Rose Tea Cottage. Mrs. Magpie, this was a totally delight from start to finish. I kept scrolling up and down to take it in again. Cecelia is precious! Thank you for sharing this day of wonder, and I do wonder what is in that little teapot. I'm be tickled pink if I'm the lucky one! ~ Sarah
Happee, Happee Birthday to the fun, fabulous,whimsical, most delightful Mrs. Magpie!!! If I wasn't heading out, I would run up there and insert myself into the festivities!! ;o)
I hope it is at least as wonderful as Cecelia's! That tea room is so charming! Cecelia is blossoming into such an adorable young lady! She is so blessed to have you for her Godmother!!
Enjoy it all, dear friend, and know that I am with you in spirit!!
Will there be flower headbands?? Just curious! HA!!!
Big Birthday Hugs to you, sweetie!
You are a rare kind of wonderful!
Love you,
Becky
What a wonderful post and a beautiful and delightful tea place. I love it and it was so cute to see the girls enjoy it.
Happy Birthday to you Methus..oh Sheila!!! Have a great one!!
Oh Mrs. M. What a lovely way to celebrate a birthday!!!
Who could ask for anything more??? Tea party, fancy hats... (trying on hats photos took my back to my childhood, when special days came up, my Mum would take me into Huddersfield or Barnsley and we'd go to the big department stores and try on hats and make each other laugh till our sides hurt!) Ahhh me... such lovely memories...
Thank you Mrs. M :) Love Neinah
Wow was that a fun tea party!!! I'm hoping Cecelia got to take home that "Hat"!!! She looked so sophisticated in it... You all looked like you had such a wonderful time and "Happy Birthday to the Birthday Girl"!!!
Donna
Thank you for inviting us to the tea party...such a special treat. Every detail is delightful. I particularly like that sweet little girls are already learning the joy of entertaining and setting a lovely table. Cherry Kay
Wow! What a perfectly wonderful tea party! Who could ask for anything more? Even a happy face on your sandwich. Now that is heaven!
Hugs,
Joanne
What a wonderfully delightful post celebrating two great ladie's special day.
May Saturday be filled with love, joy and many delightful surprises. I hope you enjoy a wonderful time with your family and I had to laugh when you said you are sooo old. (We still lots and lots of toliet paper on the roll to go!
Miss Cecelia's celebration looked like so much fun and she looked adorable in her hat. Mostly I loved her big smile written all over her face. I can see why Adelaide means so much to you, her wonderful spirt shines through her smile and eyes. You are both lucky friends to have each other!
Love you!
~♥
Oh, the rug was adorable!
And thanks for setting my pray line venacular right. I am already right on with the craw fish!:)
I for got to say Enjoy a most delightful Birthday!!! You are the best:)
Such a cute post Sheila! I think I would be just like Cecelia looking all around! Is that chandelier not to die for?? Oh everything about this Tea House I just absolutely love. How fun to have a murder mystery there!! And the childrens food is served up so adorable! You have a very beautiful God Daughter! I'm sure she brings you much happiness! We are having beautiful summer weather. Nice sunny days in the low to mid 20's. I like it when it's not too hot! I've been out biking, walking, swimming and started jogging pretty much everyday this month. (no rain!!) Still tearing apart my house tossing and cleaning. Today I finished the main level. Just the upstairs left to do so I hope to finish that before August so I can really start enjoying myself!
I had my birthday last weekend. Do they seem to roll around a little quicker every year?? LOL!! It was really nice. We just went to the beach and had a fire with hot dogs etc. Really enjoyed the day with my family! I am glad Cecelia had such a wonderful birthday and you made it so special for her. I hope you have an awesome day too!! Happy Birthday Sheila!!
Love Sherri XOXO
(now I'm going back to look at your pretty pictures again ; )
What a delightful post and visit! Love those PB&J's~ Cecelia is adorable.
Happy Birthday to you :-)
Sheila,
Oh my Gosh, what a great party. Such a fun and I will not get tired to look at this pictures with the delighted Cecelia. Isn't that a fun that children can be soooo happy. But what a treat. This amazing cake stand make me drolling, too. This is really like a heaven for little and for upgrown girls. Thank you for sharing this event with us, it is also a pretty tribute to the 100th Tablescape-Thursday.
And at the end I want to say: Happy Birthday, Cecelia.
Greetings, Johanna
I just popped in to say hello and found your most amazing, delicious and beautiful post. The next time I visit my sister in Florida, I want to go to tea in Plant City! What a darling young lady you had to accompany you! And I LOVE the rug. I'm trying to figure out a reason to get one for myself!!
Happiest of happy birthdays to you!
Best,
Bonnie
You sure have covered everything! How's that for all the meme's in just one post :-) And each one has their very own representative :-)
The yummy food, beautiful place, beautiful company of friends - just the perfect way to celebrate the birthday of a very special little girl.
(still imagining the one you described about those ladies in pajamas and all and how they would look like in their own party too LOL)
Belated Happy Birthday to Cecilia!
Advanced Happy Birth to you too Sheila! (the number I don't mind, all know you are still young cause your heart is one :-) )
Happy Birthday to to Mr. Magpie!
That's a lot of celebrations :-)
Mizpah,
Li
Oh, my, what a special way to celebrate a birthday! Cecelia is just adorable, and her delight in the tea party is so appealing to see! Thanks for sharing all the fun photos!
Sweet, lovely and delightful! Just what a tea party should be! Your pictures are wonderful.
Happy birthday! What a wonderful celebration! I am sure that Cecelia will never forget her birthday. She is adorable. Loved seeing all the little details, from the lovely china to those scrumptious desserts.
Dearest Mrs Magpie,
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments on my blog, you truly are the sweetest! And if you are as old as Methusela then you must be going on 900 years old and I can only say ConGrAtUlatIoNS!!! I have never talked to anyone that old before. heehee!
I loved this post, so sweet and what a great place to partake of tea with your such lovely company.
Please enter me and OH how I would love to win this giveaway. Thank you for the chance.
Big hugs to you my sweet friend,
Cindy S
what a delightful and enchanting tea room!!!!!
love the twirly rug~ so sweet.
i was so excited for cecelia to find out it went home with her.
i also think the hat should have gone home with her. she looked adorable in it :)
this looks like it was a perfect day for a perfect celebration.
happy birthday to you and c again.
and i just have to ask~
what is in the salt shakers in that hutch? bath salts? please tell. it looks so pretty.
have a wonderful birthday dear friend!
chas
Oh, I just adored this post. What an AMAZING place to have a tea party. With each photo, it got better and better. Oh, the hats, the cakes, swans...don't you just love swans? Your photographs are lovely as always and your story is delightful.
Happy Birthday Sheila. The girls looks liked they had a ball. You are truly the master story teller.
Karen
i just read you like a novel, and loved it, 5*****! so much to love, and thanks to my old aging brain, i can't rattle it all off like i want to, but i loved every square inch, how is that for a cop out! the smiling happy faces, chandeliers, FOOD, fun, it doesn't get any better then this, PLUS a bonus round for learning to speak southern, where i am woefully wrong, but will i remember now?! fantastic post, loved it all!
What a perfectly lovely tea party for Cecelia's birthday. She's a beautiful young lady with a heart melting smile. They grow up so fast, don't they?
I love seeing the world through your eyes, Sheila. I can always count on you to capture the little somethings that most of us would miss.
Ok my dear. I see by reading this post that your brain has truly been affected by all the blogging you do! YeS< YES it has! When you attended this grand tea birthday celebration and took all of these marvelous pictures of such a cool place , you thought in terms of the different blogger links and parties we have!! HEY, I do wish you had taken pictures of the ladies in pjs!! THAT would have been SOMETHING! I do hope you have a wonderful birthday celebration and grand times with your relatives!
OOh-tea and shopping all in one!! I want to go there and have some of those goodies. Happy Birthday to you and your little goddaughter! Hope you have fun with your upcoming guests! Linda
I forgot to mention that I am your newest follower! I want to be sure to be in on all the fun! Linda
Wow, that was an outstanding post. I am so jealous. The last tea I went to with a friend was so disappointing. The tables were fab and the decor and how fun with the hats. The food blew me away. So many tempting items. The place I went to is known for their cupcakes and cookies and tea didn't even come with a cookie or cupcake, not even a chocolate! I won't be returning. Wish this one was close.
What a cute tea birthday party for a pretty little girl. I love the rug you bought. So cute.
Oh my goodness, that was fun! I had a good time just reading about it and the pictures are priceless. I am a bit stunned about that grape jelly, as we make a stop in Plant City on our way from my dad's to my daughter's to buy our strawberry jam to bring home. We also have to have a strawberry milkshake, but that is another story:)
The tea party looks so darling. I'd like to eat my way through the grown up tea tray right now. This must have been such fun for the little ones and the big ones alike!
What a neat post {as usual!!}. I felt like I was at the tea party which was absolutely LOVELY! I'm craving sweets, fancy sweets right now! Happy Birthday Cecelia! And Happy Birthday to you, Mrs. Magpie, who will be forever young!
xoxo
Janie
What a great way to celebrate a special birthday! Happy birthday Cecelia ♥ Such beautiful little girl's. From reading Happy birthday to you!!! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family
Oh, Sheila ~ This is wonderful. I want to go! This place is awesome, I love all the hats .. you know I am the hat gal.
I am going to take our kid-lings to a new tea room locally (finally we have one). They so love tea parties.
Happy Birthday sweet lady ... may your day be filled with joy, love & blessings.
Have a lovely weekend.
TTFN ~Marydon
Oh what a delightful sight and many wishes to you on your birthday! What a beautiful and fun looking tea party, little Cecilia is a lucky little girl! She is also just adorable!
Happy I found my way to your blog, aren't Susan's parties just so much fun?
Nancy~
Happy Birthday Sheila!
What a delightful party Cecelia had! I will have to let my friend know about the tea room in Plant City. It would be perfect for her daughter's next birthday!
~ Tracy
Cecelia you are so cute and sweet. What a beautiful tea party!
Hugs
Charo
How fun! We love tea parties and this one looks like it was a great one! It's amazing how many sugar cubes can be consumed at a tea:0)
Karla & Karrie
What a pretty little girl, AND what a lovely place for her birthday tea party. Everything looks so charming and so pretty (including the food). This looks like the party was a huge success. I enjoyed your commentary about it. I'm still smiling about praw leans and craw fish. I totally agree with the pronunciations. Hope you have a wonderful birthday weekend! Please enter me in the prize drawing. laurie
Happy numberless birthday! Your post was full of delightful food and color and whimsical pretties!
Brenda
Wow, what a fun tea party you had. And a very merry unbirthday to you...to me....to YOU. You are not Methuselah LOL. You are just too much fun, what a lucky girl Cecilia is to have you. Take Care, Carrie
Oh, my, so much to say in response to this post. First of all, I LOVE Plant City, Florida. It was an annual tradition to attend the Strawberry Festival every February. That is one of MANY things I miss about living in Florida.
The tearoom looks lovely. I LOVE the tablecloth and the dinner plates on your table. Exquisite.
Next, the plates on the 3 tier tray were desert rose. Although I think that pattern is still made, I bought some vintage era pieces off EBAY. It was the pattern my grandmother used, so it always reminds me of her.
Finally, birthday girl is SO cute. I love the hat and her bright colored dress.
Definitely, it looks like a spectacular time was had by all.
Oh, and a VERY happy birthday to you. Hope your day is abundantly blessed.
Hugs,
Patti
Sheila, I love your story posts! I read them absolutely mesmorized! YOu tell the best stories!
And your little birthday girl is so adorable I could eat her up!
What a fabulous tea house! Between that and the darling company you must have had the most special day!
I also LOVE the title of your post! It gave me a big laugh!
xo YVonne
What a sweet post and celebration! I think you found a wonderful replacement location - hats, treats and all.
I see birthday wishes are in order for you as well :) Happy Birthday!
What fun!!! What a beautiful tearoom. I love the hats - I went to a tearoom where we could choose a hat or a tiara. Love the pink rose plates. This looks like a great day, a day to remember. Glad you got to share this!
What a wonderful fun tea party...happy birthday!
What a great tea party...everything looks so pretty!
Good Evening Sheila Sweetie...
I am so thrilled to see you posted and stopped by to say hi. I love this post.
Happy Late Birthday to Sweet Cecelia. She looked so precious in her hat, and I loved the cupcake photo.
I am so in love with the strawberry photo. I love red and collect cherries, but boy are the strawberry items so beautiful. I also loved the chadelier. And that rug you bought for the birthday girl. I imagine she will be twirling and laughing and playing and imagining for sometime to come.
Isn't that frog just the most precious thing ever?
I could sit in that tea room and look around for some time. So many beautiful things. The hats looked like fun also. Perfect for an 8 year old. Just beautiful. Thank you for taking me along this evening. I loved it.
Just what the doctor ordered. I go back tomorrow for more lung tests as they want to see what this week out has done. I am praying everything is good and they can take me off the prednisone. I am so tired of being swollen like a little puffed toad. (Now you know why I liked the frog so much.)
Have a beautiful weekend sweetie. I am so glad your puter is fixed. It is no fun to be without them. My Nellie has kept me happy for the last 3 months that I have been under lock down. Otherwise without you gals, I would have gone NUTS.
Love ya sweetie. See ya Saturday for Pink Saturday. Country hugs and SO much love, Sherry
You are unbelieveably DEVINE!!!!! Good Golly!! So many huggs and I mean that too!
OX
Beautiful tea & a beautiful Goddaughter ! A very Happy Birthday to you !
Blessings,
~Myrna
Well that was spectacular! Love that Tea House. Your little girl is adorable. She will remember that forever. So special and delightful! Love that they mixed teacups and used hats! Wow!
Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry
What a delightful post. Thanks for sharing all beautiful pics and eye candy. I just adore tea time. That tea room seems like a lovely place to visit.
All the Best,
Requi
What a special day for a special young lady! So glad you went to the tea room in Plant City...it's a lovely place!
Happy Birthday to you!
Hugs,
Jane (artfully graced)
What a gorgeous tea room you found! The party looks like it was fun for all. Happy, happy birthday Sheila!
Now this looks like too much fun! What a delightful day for all the "girls". And how sweet Cecelia looks and so happy with this memory making birthday!
Oh my goodness, this is so enchanting and charming! I would have LOVED to be there too! Cecelia looked so happy - it was so nice to see. Man, those goodies that were on the "grown up" tray looked delicious! My mouth is watering right now. Thanks for sharing this lovely time you had and HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEO! I'm a Leo too - my birthday is this weekend also! Don't forget to take good care of your MIL. :)
Best and Happy Bday,
Gloria
Wow such a gorgeous party and fabulous hats. Cecelia is so pretty.
Wonderful post and captures Sheila dear.
And a blessed happy birthday!
Happy Pink Saturday.
xo
Happy Birthday! Beautiful post! Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Happy Birthday hugs and wishes from the corn, Sheila!
Loved this post, wish the corn wasn't so far away from such an exquisite tea room that you and Cecilia and Co. had the pleasure to enjoy. Although I will say that the corn feels an awfully lot like Florida right now--sauna-like!
What a very very special princess birthday Cecelia. You have the BEST family in the whole wide word. Your gram was very gracious to have invited Mrs. Magpie to the fabulous Tea Party. Mrs. Magpie knows all about special celebrations. She made me feel like a true princess also. Aren't we so so lucky?
I'm like you Cecelia, I ooh and awh at all pretty things too, just like you.
May you have a wonderful year Miss Cecelia. Keep smiling, stay beautiful, and keep Mrs. Magpie close to your heart.
Love from across the miles... which BTW is CANADA.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxoxo
What a sweet post...this is darling!!!!!!!
Enjoyed every detail you have shared. Gives me lots of cute ideas to use in the future to bless others.
I had a fantastic time visiting your place and hope you'll drop by homehaven sometime.
God bless and may you have a sweet week-end,
d
A precious little bird (Spencer) said it was your birthday and I rushed right over!! LOVED this post!! LOVE LOVE LOVED it!!
What a delightful tea party! With such distinguished guests!
And I adored the lesson on etiquette! (hope I spelled that right) Crawfish and prahlines! LOVED IT!!
Much MUCH love to you and a HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Enjoy your day with your family!
Lou Cinda :)
Ooo, so cute! The hats, the little cakes...everything really.
Oh my how much fun was that!!! It just looks wonderful!! I've been meaning to do that with the girls but haven't gotten around to it. We have been having our tea here though every afternoon. Minus the hats. I must get the hats out! Thanks for stopping by!!
Sheila...what a delightful birthday celebration! I want to be 8 years old again and go to a tea party! Fun, fun post...loved all the hats. :) Happy Birthday to you, sweet friend! You are so young in spirit...the rest is just math...so who care about that. LOL
Have a blast on your birthday!
Susan
What a lovely tea party! Such great pictures you've shown us! Happy Birthday to Cecila and to you!
Happy PS,
Jacalyn
Happy Birthday! You have so many celebrations this month.
I just loved the tea party! She looks so cute (and cool) in her Lilly.
I never did connect Plant City to strawberries. Do you know how many times we passed by there on the way to New Orleans? Glad that is cleared up! :-)
In a moving tizzy here...glad we aren't having company. Enjoy yours!
The 102nd comment! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR SHEILA, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
HAVE A PINK ONE!
Did you know it's Spencer's birthday today too?
And there is a surprise on my blog today - for you.
sandie
What a wonderful birthday tea party this was Sheila. I see it's your birthday too, so wishing you a very happy one.
I hope you have a lovely visit with your MIL and the other family members too. Live doesn't get any better than sharing these special days with loved ones.
Happy Birthday Sheila! I hope you have a wonderful day, full of pinkness!
That trip to the tea room looks like it was alot of fun, and it was probably especially fun to watch it all through the eyes of a little girl!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol
What a delightful looking tea party - and YUM! And a very happy birthday to you. Have a great fun day today!
What fun! Happy birthday to you!
Sherry @ A Happy Valentine
Hi Sheila, Happ Birthday to YOU..what a fun tea party! Now to find the link for that giveaway teapot!
hugs
Barb
Happy Birthday to you my friend! Miss Cecelia is very, very blessed.
Love to you this PINK SATURDAY! Hope it is a wonderful day for you~
Rebecca
Happy Birthday! I read about your birthday on Mizz Mollye's blog, and also Chatty Crone's.
That tea room is just amazing!! I've been to tea rooms before, but nothing as gorgeous as that! I'm a bit too far away from Florida, but if I ever get down that way, I'll be sure to stop there! Thanks for sharing such lovely pictures, especially of the lovely birthday girl!! P.S. Do I need to say I'd like to be in the give-away?
Oh my goodness...what fun! And such delightful photos Ms. Magpie! My grand-daughter had a dress up tea party too for her 5th birthday in June. All the little ladies loved it! Happy Pink Saturday. xo Lynn
Happy Birthday to you! What a delightful tea party. Best wishes for many more happy, healthy and prosperous years.
Chanticlear1@gmail.com
Happy Birthday to you and Oh my what a wonderful tea room. I had my first visit to a tea room a few months ago and I am smitten with them that is for sure!! How sweet to do a giveaway! Love your blog and you!!
This must have been the most perfect tea - one the Cecilia will remember forever!
...and YOU, my dear, cannot be older than Miss Bee.
May all you sweet dreams and wishes come to be! Happy Birthday!
xoxo
Miss Bee
Sheila ~ wOw.....I want to go to the tearoom! If only I lived in Florida. What an absolutely wonderful place and perfectly photographed by you. What a lucky girl Cecelia is to be able to have such an experience for her birthday. I think more children in the world should have such parties and keep the "finer things in life" alive.
Happy Birthday to you, too! Loved the Methuselah part of the description....sometimes I feel that old.
Please enter me in your giveaway....I would just love to win!
p.s. - clean houses are overrated and only exist when people are not living their lives and care too much about specks of dust. lol
Took forever to find a place to comment. Congrats on all the friends. Came by from Miz. M.'s to say happy birthday to you and to the lovely young lady. What a beautiful post full of eye candy and good girlie fun. Blessings
QMM
Happy Birthday!!
Debbie
Haha I love your long posts I really do! It is always such a treat to visit you. I loved the tea and wished I was there too...Happy Pinkie Weekend sweetie! Grace xoxo
Happy birthday Sheila and Cecelia. I'm home from camping and showered and attended a friend's daughter's wedding shower. I just returned from the shower and here I am. Exhausted but happy. This is a darling post in every way Sheila. I hope your birthday is every bit as festive as Cecelia's. Come over I have a special wish for you. Right now I am down for the count. A nap is a must . Smile. I will be back to take much more time to enjoy this darling post.
Blessings and love to you on your birthday Sheila.
xoxoxo, Jeanne
HaPPy HaPpY BiRtHdaY ShEiLa dEaR!
Using the special last words dad spoke to me, I want to give you a birthday wish;
CeLeBrAtE!
Your inner beauty we have all come to love, the many friends you've inspired.
CeLeBrAtE!
All the wonderful and talented things that make you the special lady YOU are.
Then everyone of us who loves you will be *CeLeBrAtInG* this, your special day with you!
I hope it is grand and you are not overdoing it with your special company. :)
Happiest of birthdays and much l♥ve, Beth
~♥
Wow! Y'all tea certainly looked scrumptious and here I am with an empty stomach!! Everyone looks like they had such a great time-a perfect birthday. Hope you have time to do all you need to before the birthdays! Thanks for sharing all the pics and obvious love. Happy pink week!!
What a gorgeous teaparty! I adore the frog rug and want one for myself!
Happy bday, enjoy the frantic house cleaning before the MIL visit!
Happy PS,
Marie @ Lemondrop ViNtAge
Christmas in July giveaway
1st...if that darling chandelier goes missing...do not come looking at my house *giggle*...The Cecelia looks absolutely adorable and very proper in her tea time hat & dress.
Happy Bday! Oh, Bijoux is called a Teddy Bear ½ Bichon Frise & ½ Shih Tsu. Thanks for asking!
Licks & Wags, Niki
HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY,HAPPY, HAPPY,HAPPY, HAPPY 8TH BIRTHDAY TO BEAUTIFUL CECELIA AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.
I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN A LOVER AND COLLECTOR OF VINTAGE HATS AND SO I AM ESPECIALLY FOND OF CECELIA'S PICTURES IN HATS. SHE IS SOOOOO VERY PHOTOGENIC...A PEACHES AND CREAM...NATURAL BEAUTY.
THE PARTY WAS BEAUTIFUL...AND I LOVED THE ROSEBUD FOLDED NAPKINS.
HOW BLESSED THE TWO OF YOU ARE TO BE IN EACH OTHERS' LIFE.
HAVE FUN WITH THE BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION COMING UP.
YOU ARE A SPECIAL LADY WITH SUCH A GIVING HEART.
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
What wonderful memories you created for you and Cecelia!!
Happy Birthday to you!!
bee blessed
mary
This is absolutely adorable! what a wonderous place to visit and partake. It is truly a place that dreams are made of.
- The Tablescaper
Dearest Sheila, YOu are amazing!!!! Your photos, copious in amount, brilliance and joy, and your adventures as well....WOW!!!! Your little ladie is sweet as those cupcakes and as gorgeous as pretty can be! It looks like this celebration was one to REMEMBER ALWAYS! Thank you dearest for visiting with me yesterday!!!
KEEP ENJOYING THIS FABULOUS SUMMER!
Anita
Happy Pink Saturday,thank you for the Pink Treasures and the tea party.
Sheila-It took me a while to get here because I wanted to be sure I had enough to time to savor it! Happy Birthday dear Methuselah one! That Cecelia is a natural beauty! I am on sugar overload from just looking at the pictures. You made me smile--"pray-lean" is one of my pet peeves. Paula Deen said it the other day for goodness sake! She may have to prove her citizenship!:) I hope you had a shiny day yesterday and that your visit with the Queen Mother is a good one! I am quite certain that she must love you as much as we do! oh--I almost forgot--I LOVE that rug!
Happy Birthday wishes to both of you. What fun you all had. I think the hats are over the top cute. See, some very good things come out of a sticky situation. You found a lovely tea room and looks like everyone had the time of their lives. You should us some very beautiful things too, I don't know how you could possibly sit still with all the goodies. Happy Pink Saturday, Char
Sheila, Happy Birthday! I loved every frame of your blog this morning and found Cecelia to be especially charming. I hope the day treats you well. Blessings...Mary
Absolutely Darling! I thoroughly Enjoyed my Tea visit and all the pink goodies too!
Happy PINK!
Lorena
What a wonderful place that tearoom is and such a delightful spread. It definitely sounds like my kind of place too. There sure are a lot of July birthdays and yours too Sheila. I hope you had a wonderful wonderful day and are still celebrating. I knew there had to be a reason I like you so much. We both have birthdays in July :)
Hello, Sheila, my friend, and first and foremost happy belated birthday!! You are a sweetheart and deserve the very best in life!! Also, please give sweet Cecilia a birthday hug for me. I love all of your pink hats, and I, too, would have to pick out a pink one to wear. Of course, that delightful tea room is right down my alley you know, tea cups, tea pots and roses and bunnies and everything I love. I enjoyed being a part of your lovely tea party and enjoyed the mismatched china very much. I would love to be a part of your generous giveaway. Thank you! Thank you also for your visits and kind comments to me always. Love and hugs~ Vicki
What a magnificent post, dear Sheila!! I loved every single photo and every single word!! That little birthday girl is ADORABLE....and her expressions truly showed how much she loved her party!!! The tea room looked amazing!
Happy Birthday to YOU.....and all of the others you mentioned! July is just packed with blog birthdays...I'm a Leo, too! :)
Glad you got your computer up and running....those double virus control glitches happen.
Have a terrific week...congrats on your upcoming blogging milestone!! L, Dana
What a very delightful tea party. Looks like you found a good spot to move to after the schedule issue. So it looks like a belated birthday wish is in order for you. I hope you are still celebrating!!
Sheila Sweetie!
What a sweet post! I love all your pictures.
What a lucky girl!
Hugs, Ann
How very Beautiful Charming and SWEET too. ;0)
Blessings and Hugs Dena
My sweet Mrs. Magpie... Thank you so much for the birthday wish on your header...are you not the DEAREST? :-) It made me smile. Just home from Oregon and pooped. More later.
xoxoxo
S
That's a lovely tea party.
My Blue Monday.
Happy Birthday to YOU!
Happy belated birthday to Cecelia!
What a beautiful tea room. I would have loved that too.
Becky K.
I had the best time at tea, thank you!!!
I enjoyed this post so much because I have granddaughters that like to go out for tea with me and we have a great time.
We've not had such an elaborate affair as you did and all those goodies looked yummy. (sorry not the little people tray - too much sugar!)
Thanks for sharing this outing and I'm enticed by your mystery giveaway.
What a lovely, lovely tea! Cecelia is adorable! I love the strawberry china and the plates with the flower in the center. This is a setting fit for a queen!
I think I may have commented here before, when you posted it for Tablescape Thursday - I'm not meaning to try to get more chances at your prize than I'm entitled to...just sayin' - do what you will if you find two comments from me, Sheila.
Hugs and blessings, Beth
It is a shame one person could have so much great things to share. You just about blew my mind today. I thoroughly enjoyed your post, and glad you got the computer fixed. These things are nice when they work, but they are pits when they don't.
I love the pictures, so colorful and so lovely...
Happy belated birthday, Sheila, from one July baby to another! I wrote a poem for mine, but would much rather have been at your delightful party! Tea parties are the very best thing in the world...
Much love to you and Cecelia both...
Lynette
What an amazing post! And an amazing place for a tea party, too! I love, love, love those hats - looks like the girls did, too! Happy Blue Monday from Joy @ Joysweb.
Sweet Sheila...
Your new header is sooooo darn cute. Love the birthday announcements... I have some birthday wishes to send to some sweet girlies!.... Now, about those adorable little kiddos...which one is you? Isn't it amazing to see those sweet little kids?.... School pictures don't look like this anymore....
Huggies..
S
Hi Dear Sheilaness! Oh, what a wonderful time you all must have had. That little Cecelia is just a gorgeous young lady and so cute in her pink hat! What a love tea room and tea table! The tea food looks wonderful!
Oh, my goodness, I'm bad. I do say pray - line! I'll correct that this instant and never say it that way again! :)
Happy happy birthday, sweetest one!
Love ya,
Shelia ;)
That was a wonderful tea party - thanks for taking us along through your beautiful post! I am sorry I missed your birthday on Saturday but I hope it was a very happy one. Sending special birthday {hugs} to you!
What a beautiful post, love the little girl with the pretty hat on and the food looks excellent. Really love the tea cup chandy.
Have a great week!
Oh my goodness, everything is so pretty! What a fabulous party. I want to say Happy Birthday to you and to sweet Cecelia.
What a delightful post and a wonderful celebration!
Hugs,
Donna
Hi Ms. Sheila you always have awesome stuff and wonderful post here in your blog. I love it.
It's good to see happy smile today. Happy Birthday!
Hey sweet girl...How's my Florida daughter doing with the heat...Thanks for coming by...I have Candace's baby shower in the tea room on Aug 7th...Hey the best way to have a party is let someone else do the work for you ha ha!! Stay cool my friend..and Have a GREAT week...Hugs and smiles your Calif. Mama
Hi :) What a wonderful post! It looks like you girls had yourselves a terrific time....what fun!! The Tea Room looks lovely, and so does all that scrumptious food!! Thanks for sharing with us!!
Happy "Tea" Tuesday!!
Warmest hugs, Brenda
Hi Sheila
Hope you had a wonderful birthday spent with family and friends! Just popping in to let you know I have switched my web site. I am not using I Web anymore. I am now on Blogspot. Just a little less time consuming to post. I found it was such a production to get a post up that I just wasn't posting much anymore. It got to be too much work. This is much less complicated and I think that is what I need in my life right now. Less complications! LOL!! Hope you have a great week! Sherri XOXO
Thanks for the great birthday wishes, Sheila! That is cool about your childhood buddy...how great to have a friend born at the same time as you.
I had a lovely birthday indeed. I hope your sister agrees that we're definitely getting better with age!
We'll have to celebrate our b-days together next year!
I'll be back to visit soon....:)
Lynette
I enjoyed seeing this again! I would love to go there!!
Katherine
OH my, I popped over for Blue Monday and so enjoyed all the sights of your delightful big and little girls tea party complete with such adorable childrens toy tea sets, delectable goodies - and what a cute pb&j heart sandwich! Thank you for a fun visit!
Good Morning Sheila, I am so happy your birthday went on for a whole weekend. I love birthdays that go on and on. When I turned 50 my birthday was like that. Fun but yes, exhausting. This a birthday to remember my dear friend.
I really enjoyed looking at your many party photos. I could take my time this morning and take them all in. You are a wonder with your posts. So much fun and always lovely.
We are driving to Pigeon Forge this morning to pick up our oldest daughter to come and visit while she is recovering from shoulder surgery. She fell this past winter and badly tore her rotator cuff. We are so happy to have her here because we have little time to spend with her. She is a Hospice nurse and always on call. Lots of wonderful long talks and better yet, me getting a chance to spoil her for a change. She is always taking care of others and neglecting herself.
Have wonderful day and get some rest.
Love you much, Jeanne xoxo
What a beautifully sweet post! Just love the tearoom! It is so gorgeous! Would love to be nearby! The tea was perfect for the girls! Everything so gorgeous! Happy birthday and what a lovely way to celebrate with a giveaway!
Kathy
Hi Sheila Dear,
I just came over to say hi and wish you a Happy Belated Birthday.
I just read Rhonda's post and it sounds like you all had a wonderful day!!
I am going to get to St. Augustine one of these days for sure!
Hugs,
Cindy
What a sweet, adorable, beautiful post…
Blessings,
Virginia
I loved this tea party, and the photos of the little ladies charmed me , very much! The tea shop seems like Wonderland to me. Everything about this post charmed me. The food , the cups and saucers, the hats...I gotta get a hat for these parties.
So hot you could roast a steer on the sidewalk? Funny! Good thing you ladies were calmly sipping tea and eating delectable sweets inside. Thank-you for allowing me a peek at your tea party.
oh, how I've missed your post Shelia!! what fun! First off, The Queen Mother must be related to my mil....what a hoot!! Second, my computer went to the DR. as well, so I have my hubby's work lap top that will do a little :) And thirdly...I'm so glad I didn't say pray-leen when I was in Savannah - it came close though, in the candy store - whew!! Loved that tea room - just darling - tea rooms like that, that serve things like that are very hard to find lately around our area so we are terribly jealous!! That swan cream puff was served at one of our fav tea rooms - The Swan House - but they aren't there anymore :( Glad the birthday girl had a wonderful time - as well as her companions!!
Cecelia is gorgeous and she shines with joy. You'll probably never realize what you've done to enrich her life (and I know she enriches yours).
I loved visiting the tea room with you. I take my grands to a proper tea room too and I am delighted by how they respond. Even speaking in an English accent with their little pinkies uplifted. Truly wonderful.
All joys!
Sharon Lovejoy Writes from Sunflower House and a Little Green Island
Sheila ,
Let me know if you get a group together. I will love that.
Where in Fl do you live? I am in Naples.
Your post is just lovely. I have a grandgirl who is only 15 months, and I cannot wait to have tea with her. What a inspiration your post is. I'm going to copy those sandwiches! those sweets! the hats! just maaaavelous
I had such a lovely time at Cecelia Tea Party! She is so lovely! Adore the hats, the children's sandwiches and deserts! Wonderful! Then the adults Tea! Wow this was one fun Party! I loved it so much! Wish I could been there to shop! lol And enjoy the Tea! What a great Tea Pot In One! I do not have the first Alice in Wonderland, and I have two granddaughters! Wishing you The Happiest Birthday Ever! Hope you have a lovely day as you did with Cecelia! Thank you for joining me for Tea Time Tuesday! I had so much fun looking at the tables, the china, the food, the hats! So much fun!
Happy belated Birthday, dear one.
What a charming tea party...and the girls are beautiful. :))
xo bj
such a fun post - pick me pick me!!
What a nice tea time! Love the strawberry dishes!
Hi Sheila! What a delightful tea party! You did such a wonderful job photographing it that I felt like I was really there! I smiled when I saw that the birthday girl gravitated to the chocolate bundt cake with green icing. I'm just a big kid and my eye went directly to the same one! Cecilia looks like a lively and happy young lady. I bet she attracts friends like a bee to honey. Thanks so much for sharing this sweet event. Happy birthday! Hugs, Terri
Happy Birthday Sheila!...on Saturday!
There are so many birthdays to celebrate how fun!
Your trip sounded delightful and the pictures and stories with them are so much fun too!
Have a wonderful rest of the week.
*hugs*
Judi
What an adorable tea party! I want one for my birthday!
Such cute china and the hats just added so much fun.
Hi Sheila! Everytime I see this, I feel like opeing my own Tea Room ans Shop. Everything is so adorable. And Cecelia is so pretty and is always happy. Thnaks for stopping by...Christine
Hi,
Thank you for your sweet comments on my hen tablescape!
Katherine
I really love that hat.
Happy weekend ahead Sheila dear.
xo
Oh my, Sheila....what wonderful fun! Miss Cecelia looks so fabulous in her hat! What a lovely way to spend an afternoon! I hope you are having a great week!...hugs...Debbie
Ooohhhh....and Happy Birthday! Sorry...my message got interrupted by my little grandson!...hugs again...Debbie
Hello dear Sheila, just a quick hello today. My daughter and I are having a wonderful visit and spend hours talking. She can't run the roads because of her recent shoulder operation. So home visiting and loving being together. I for one am thankful for the break. smile.
I hope you are rested up Sheila. I know you had fun on your birthday and you are so loved by all who know you. No surprise to me. I belong to the same club.
Have a wonderful week.
Love you to pieces xoxo, Jeanne
What a lovely party! The birthday girl looks so pleased!
This reminds me of a nice tea room in Mount Dora we visted before.
Sheila, thanks for stopping by, and the compliments on the aprons. I love the tea party the pics are amazing! Cant wait until I have God willing a granddaughter someday to take her to such a magical place! Sue
Hi Sheila!!!!
I miss you sweetie!
Oooooooh what fabulous photos and time with your Cecelia! Loved each one! You captured the essence of the tea room and the moment so beautifully. I've been there once too - went with my Mom. I need to get back over there.
I hope you are staying cool in our summer heat and all is well with you. Love you!
xo,
Kim
1. OK... are you still out being the Peeping Tom? I wanted to see that table you were trying to set up.
2. I guess it's better to be a Peeper than what I am, which is obviously a Stalker.
Girl...you are one popular lady...182 comments....wow! Just dropping by to say thanks for dropping by the Altered Art party. :) Today is Friday which is my create today. I pull away from the computer desk and scoot over to the glittering table....Have a great weekend Ms. Magpie!
Hi Sheila! I can't e-mail you back to say HI so I thought I'd stop in on your post again and tell Happy Friday!
pink hugs my dear Shelia...pink hugs...we miss you!
Happy Birthday dear friend! Whoo hoo you are aging like a fine wine lol Happy Pink Saturday as usual fabulous post...love tea parties and teapots! Grace xoxo
Hi Sheila!
What a lovely, fun day.
Fabulous photos !
Hugs
wow! what a wonderful tea party!
lovely! everythings is perfect!
Happy Birthday Sheila!!!
xoxo
That tea room looks absolutely DIVINE!!!! I love the chandelier with the tea cups in it. all so pretty.
Mrs. Magpie, you have won the Portmeirion servers at Designs by Gollum. XX00
congrats on winning the salad servers ! at designs by gollum! hmm is that how you spell it?
Happy and blessed birthday Sheila! What an amazing teaparty! ( and commentary on it!)You are a very blessed young lady to have had such a special day!
Your daughter looked so very happy!!! LOVED the pink hats, and those gorgeous tea party sweets!...then to top it off, the giveaway of the teapot and the inside surprise! thank you so much for sharing this prescious time with us!
cathy b
projecthope7 at gmail dot com
Sheila,
Happy Birthday to Ceclia's and Sheila....I hope ya'll had a blast....Everything look delicious and beautiful! And the goodies looks yummy and fun....Cecelia is precious....Wishing everyone Happy Belated Birthday....I forgot to mention on the other posts about your gifts you won...They were so pretty... Love th teapot...the fruit one...so cute! Love the posts and enjoyed the party..Thanks for sharing..Smiles and Hugs Kat
I didn't realize your birthday and mine were so close! I'm a July 26th too!
Happy belated birthday and i would love to enter your give away if it's not too late!
Hello Shelia~Happy Birthday!! What a glorious way to celebrate a special day! There's something about a tea party that makes us all young at heart. These are the memories that Cecelia will cherish forever.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
I am certain no one was as late to this fabulous party as me. I hope you accept better late than never.
This was the perfect party, and I know both birthday girls were beautiful - and very happy.
Popping in again, gathering ideas for an upcoming birthday. :)
Love the tea room birthday. Makes me hungry. Hope y'all had a happy birthday. Sign me up again.
Love,
Chatty K.
Post a Comment