Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Girls Love Chocolate!



Today is a very special day! In addition to being America's birthday, it is also the birthday of a special blogger friend who, like everyone I know, happens to love chocolate and polka dots (or "spots" as our English friends call them)...



And if you will permit me to set the table, I'll share a little about the dishes I used for her celebration (last year). Yes, I saved this post for a WHOLE year for her birthday this year! Waving to you, Lisa!!! :-)



And I thought I'd join my friend Sally for Blue Monday and my friend Lady Katherine for Tea Time Tuesday even though this is not exactly tea. But maybe Katherine won't kick me out! Sally's stuck with me because I do have blue. ;-)



And since it's 999 degrees in many parts of the country right now, I thought I would serve some sweet tea to quench our thirst. How will that be, Katherine?



The fact is, for the party last year we were going to have lunch, but something unforeseen came up, and we dined away, coming back to the house for ice cream and cake...



But I had a great time playing with the dishes, both before and after the celebration [do you sometimes play with dishes just because???]...







It's fun taking shots from different angles...



With different reflections...



I love the way the blue on the plate looks almost watery or iridescent with the light...



And how the spots repeat...



Along with the colors...





To form a cohesive whole...



But it's the little details...



I enjoy most when planning a party or setting a table...



And if you'll permit, I will share the ones for this party with you (if not, that's okay, you can just zoom to the end! LOL!)...



I found these blue and white polka dot placemats at Marshall's on clearance, and I snapped them up because I loved the color. I learned a valuable lesson with these mats as they have a tendency to overlap on a round table. So next time, I would opt for runners or a tablecloth. Remember to check for that if you fall in love with placemats and have a round table...


I added white chargers for the base. These have a nice little flourish of scalloping along the edge...



Next I added these blue dinner plates I received as a gift, plates that add an interesting element to the table with their square shape and clipped corners. I turned them on angle so that more of the charger beneath would show...



Then, I added these white with black polka dot salad/dessert plates...



Finally, I topped it off with the little dishes I used for ice cream, the dots in this being the same shade of blue as the blue plate (though it might be hard to see in my shots)...



And the colors on the table also reflect the colors of a vintage quilt seen covering a table in the adjacent living room. The quilt has this exact shade of blue and the pink of the lilies in some of the squares...



I used pink astomeria lilies for the centerpiece to match the pink in the little dishes. The birthday girl had also told me ahead of time that these were her mother's favorite flowers...



The container is a copy of a Nantucket basket executed in porcelain that I found on eBay in various sizes about ten years ago (I have three different sizes). The baskets also go nicely with some pieces I have in the Nantucket Basket pattern by Wedgwood...



I used Chantilly flatware by Gorham and had intended to serve Chicken Caesar Salad as the main course, but because of a series of events that occurred that morning about which I will spare you the details (but included leaving needed flatware in our safety deposit box AND leaving my credit card at home, etc., etc.), we ended up eating the main meal at a favorite restaurant and having "Chocolate Ganache Bon-Bon Cake" and Moosetracks ice cream at the house afterward...





Again, I repeated the dot/spot design in the glassware, a pattern I found some time ago at Anthropologie...





I used linen napkins that my mother gave me years ago, tucking a party blower inside the folds, and tying them with blue satin ribbon that came tied on the placemats...



Then I tucked a pink astomeria blossom in with each blue ribbon...



And what party is complete without balloons...



A happy birthday banner...



And tiaras...



And let's not forget the guest of honor and her lovely young daughter. That would be fellow bloggers Lisa of AKA West (Right) and BG of Prairie Girl (Left) who had just moved to Florida the summer of this party, a fact about which we are all very happy...



And now dessert! Would you prefer one slice...



Or two...



Or would you like just a wee bit of cake with your chocolate icing??? ;-)



Any way you look at it, we have happy guests with a cake like that, not to mention ice cream. As we end with our guests, please note that Lisa was so polite, she didn't tell me she had asthma until after she attempted to blow out the forest fire that was her cake! I put about 27 candles on it because we decided that she would remain forever young, but that was still quite a few to extinguish. Fortunately, she did well, and lived to tell about it...



And speaking of telling, I want to tell you what Lisa and BG gave me for my birthday last year. They knew I liked to entertain, so they found very whimsical pieces for me. An appetizer plate with a mermaid/sea theme (I always did want to be a Weeki Wachi mermaid when I was little!)...





And did you notice that it's whimsical and BLUE??? Yes, Lisa thought of everything...





And so does BG who picked out this darling crab dish...



I could not have been more pleased...



And want to thank them again for their generosity...



And thoughtfulness...



And though a year has passed since this party, I want to wish Lisa the very Happiest of Birthdays! Lisa, you are a very special person to have been born on our Nation's Birthday, and we have a date for lunch this week when you return! And with that, I'll close because I want to hear everyone tell all about their wonderful adventures.

So please join me at Sally's blog for Blue Monday by clicking HERE and at Lady Katherine's for Tea Time Tuesday by clicking HERE.





Thank you for visiting me today, and I look forward to visiting you at your blog. And thanks so much for always making my day complete! :-)

Happy Fourth (I know I wished it for you in my previous post, but I never tire of celebrating our freedoms) and Happy every day. As always, please pray for our Gulf and call (pester) your/our officials!

Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)



Accoutrements (I love that Bill has us using his term!)

Placemats: Marshall's on clearance

Napkins: Vintage

Ribbon: Recycled from the placemat packaging

White Chargers: Avonlea Antique Mall (eight years ago)

Blue Plates: Gift (last year)

White Polka Dot Salad Plates: Marshall's (last year)

"Girls Love Chocolate" Dishes: Marshall's and Home Goods (last year)

Goblets: Anthropologie

Seahorse Pitcher: Gift

Flatware: Chantilly Luncheon Service by Gorham

Flowers: Publix

Cake and Ice Cream: Publix

Balloons: Dollar Tree

96 comments:

CailinMarie said...

such a pretty, pretty party!

Darlene said...

Well Sheila you throw the most special birthday parties. I LOVE all of you beautiful dishes!!! It all blends together perfectly and with a bit of whimsy. Just GORGEOUS!

Hope you and your family had a special 4th celebration.♥

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Sheila,
You have such flair and such a gift for putting it all together!
I love the soft blues and the pinks and the polka dots, oh I love polka dots! This table is just so perfect, I absolutely adore it!
What a great friend you are!
Hugs,
Cindy

claudie said...

So that's the story behind Lisa, B.G. and yourself... now it all makes sense Mrs. Magpie. You always know how to make one feel so so special on their birthday. I hear yours is coming up this month : )
I hope you are having a wonderful 4th of July. I know you enjoy this holiday very much. You are a true American girl.
Randy and I enjoyed the afternoon outside under the big maple tree. We are having wonderful weather.
Hello to Mr. Magpie.
Oh before I forget. I wanted to say hello to your friend, Nancy. Now THAT was a daughter story for sure Mrs. Magpie. I read right down to the bottom.
xoxo

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Darling...just keep it ready for about 8 months....and I will celebrate too! I love it!

Heidi Pocketbook said...

What a lovely tablescape--I love how you pulled everything together. The goblets and the polka-dot placemats are so cool.

I'd best hop over to wish a Happy Birthday to Lisa!

Neabear said...

Such a fun tablescape. Makes me wish I was there enjoying the party too. Also makes me wish my house was in order again. I can't seem to find the energy to tackle it these days. I work at it here and there. Although I did do more in my sewing closet recently. Hope to be posting an update about that soon. At least I have tomorrow off. I can at least hope to accomplish something around here anyway. Hope all is will with you!

Linnea

Mollye said...

Oh Sheila you DO know how to throw a great party. Happy Birthday Lisa. Thank you my dear friend for all your love and caring support and prayers during my time of unbelievable heartache. I Love You, Mollye

Regina said...

Wow sheila. These are gorgeous!
Love the pastel colors. And your party theme was so cute.
Happy 4th and have a lovely week.

Dena E's Blog said...

Sheila this was just FABULOUS...WOW
Hugs Dena

xinex said...

Your tablescape is so adorable, Sheila. I love the polka dots and the colors. I also love the mermaid plate (You know I do, don't ya?). This is really very charming. Happy birthday to the birthday celebrant!...Christine

SmilingSally said...

I'm certain that Lisa was quite amazed that you went to such an effort to please her, and please her you surely did! Details are the key.

Happy Blue Monday, Sheila!

Chatty Crone said...

Girls do love chocolate and they do love beautiful parties and place settings. GORGEOUS! That was such a beautiful table settings. sandie

☺lani☺ said...

Wow, that's awesome! I love all the those dishes! Happy birthday to Lisa1 Happy Blue Monday!

Diann @ The Thrifty Goove said...

Oh Sheila!

What a pretty and fun table you set for your friends!! The colors are just beautiful!

Tardevil said...

Hi, so sorry it took me so long to come over to tell you that I'm still alive! (thanks for checking!) I do hope to be posting again one day. Love the aqua-ish plates. Also, the mermaid plate they gave you. There is a blog I follow w/ a FL artist that paints pics very similar. I believe it's called the Ticklish Mermaid, but I would have to check. She does great work. Love the aqua/white/pink color combo. So soft and pleasing to the eye. Hope you had a great 4th!

Pie said...

I love chocolate too and those dishes are so cute. :)

My Blue Monday.

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I just love your posts - so much to see and read. This one is especially lovely - and I shall call thems spots forever.

Ivory Spring said...

Sheila,

Your polka dots just added fuel to my polka dots kick lately!

What a sweet post! Beautiful birthday setting.

Rinkly Rimes said...

I don't think I'd eat anything at your house! I'd be too scared to spoil the perfect arrangement. Love the baby blues.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, you crated a lovely tablescape for your friends Birthday! Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Yes, yes, yes, girls do love chocolate! :-)

Hello Shiela!

I enjoyed looking through the pictures. The colors are so soft and delicate.

I think the dots add to the fun :-) Just look at those placemats. I don't think anyone would mind if they happen to overlap like that. I know I don't.

And the cake? Yum, yum, yum! Definitely a piece . . . or if my tummy still allows it, maybe two LOL And I think the birthday girl should eat to her heart's content without feeling a bit of worry. It's her birthday! and it only happens once a year so I say, indulge :-)

Happy Blue Monday!

Mizpah,
Li

(it is a great feeling to know that our ancestors have fought, suffered, and sacrificed so much just so we can enjoy the freedom that we have right now)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a beautiful and colorful birthday party setting you have created, Sheila! I know that your guests must have been so pleased! I hope you had a wonderful 4th!...hugs...Debbie

Lynn said...

It looks like you had a great time, and what a pretty shade of blue!

kat said...

wow..very nice presentation...i wish i could do that for i know i have no talent with that lol. Thanks for sharing the photos..now i know that the knife is beside the plate and not the spoon..ha ha. Love it.

Thanks anyway for visiting and commenting my Blue Monday meme.

Gwendolen Elaine said...

What a gorgeous table!I thought it just couldn't get any better...and then I saw chocolate;)

Debbie said...

OK, first: How in the heckers do I follow this blog? I know it says click the "follow" at the top, but I swear my blond bangs must be in my eyes because I can't find it. I keep having to drag you out of my favorites file for visits.

I LOVE this!! I just can't single out a favorite part, but the whimsy of the polkadots next to the delicate napkins with flowers is ONE of my favorite parts.

This is such a great blog. I never visit without leaving with a smile.

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh Sheila! How adorable- I would so love to be a guest at one of your parties! And I have to tell you that I absolutely LOVE your dish cabinet- I so want one like it when we find wherever we're going to be! :)
Have a wonderful day friend - it poured here in south Florida last night- rather spoiled the firework fun!
xoxo Pattie

Patti said...

What a beautiful tablescape!! Totally gorgeous!! I love it.

Blessings,
Patti

Anonymous said...

Stopping by from Sally's Blue Monday...
You set a B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. party table Sheila :D

~victoria~

Emily said...

What a lovely spread! Just LOVE it. Thanks for always stopping by to say "hi", Sheila. Your friends are lucky to call you their friend. Hope your holiday was lovely too.

Cathy said...

You do know how to throw the best parties, Sheila. Oh my, I would love to attend so I could admire your lovely table first hand. And try a slice of that luscious chocolate cake too. You truly do have the tablescaping gift for combining all elements so perfectly.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
What a great birthday celebration your organized last year for Lisa. I loved seeing your table so beautifully set. The polka dots are such fun. I love the cute little crab dish from BG.
Hope you enjoyed yesterday.
Lindsay
x

Moore Minutes said...

Sheila, WOW! I am so happy I was able to see this post. This is for sure one of my favorite tablescapes I've seen. I SO wish I had all the plates and those placemats too! I agree with you, I just DOUBLE LOVE the color of those placemats. And you put your square plates on an angle...I would have NEVER thought of that...it looks amazing. I really admire how you worked with the colors and the design to create such a beautiful table.

I also wanted to say a big THANK YOU for voting on my picnic last week...I feel so grateful and very happy. Much appreciated.

Picket said...

Morning girl...this is just so pretty..love how you layered the plates like that such beautiful little details everywhere...you make anyone feel like royality! Hope you had a fantastic
4th...ours was wonderful..now we are all focusing on the moves ahead...I have boxes everywhere..fixing to take some empty boxes to mama and daddy's so they can start packing...youngest Burly has already moved all his 'shop' stuff to the big barn...they have already been fishing in the lake and caught some big catfish (can you say fish fry with hush puppies and coleslaw) ! lol You should see little Maddie chasing the lightning bugs..that land is gonna be one of the sweetest blessings for this whole family...I sure have missed you girl but I just want you to know what a blessing you are to me with all your sweet comments and prayers...love you so sweetie...~Picket~

Debbie said...

Yay! I'm following.

Thanks for the "blond followers guide" to the QM!

Anonymous said...

Yes, we love chocolate!

Beautiful tablescape, Sheila! Since joining Blue Monday, I am liking blue again more and more. Can you do a table for me in February??? ;-)

I'd like to "follow" your blog but can't find the button...

~Karen

Shellbelle said...

Oh my gosh Sheila, you never cease to amaze me! What a FABULOUS tablescape, every detail just perfect and those Girls Love Chocolate plates are adorable.

I'll take two pieces of cake, please.

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Now that is one of the BESTEST tables I have ever seen set!
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Sheila you give the most amazing parties!! Everything is such beautiful. Blue is my favorite color and I love how you mixed it with the pink and white. Everything is perfectly put together. Happy birthday Lisa!!!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Chocolate and dishes...a girl's best friend!
Brenda

peggy gatto said...

You know how to PARTY!!!!!!!!!
Such fun to be invited, thanks!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a gorgeous table Mrs. Magpie. You do it every time and I think that's what amazes me. I loved the story of how you met as well. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Anonymous said...

girls do love chocolate! and i love that table setting! beautiful. :)

LV said...

It amazes me how someone can have so much to share. I never saw such lovely things you have. You featured enough on today's post to last me a year. Very nice job. Thanks for your visit and making me aware of my mishap. You would think by now I could get it right. Senior moment.

bj said...

O, I do think I remember this adorable and cheery table. It is just beautiful.
I've always loved that you have a little whimsy included in your tablescapes...I love anything that make me not take myself too seriously! :))
xo bj

Charlotte said...

Gee Sheila...I'm thinking of moving back to Flroida just so you can throw me a birthday party this year...after all it will be the big 60....you give the most wonderful parties....the color theme was great...everything was perfect....including all those candles on the cake...

Cindy said...

What a darling setup for a party! Actually, I wish I could throw the entire thing on the table with dinner tonight.
Blessings,
Cindy

Cindy said...

You must be a professional, because that is just gorgeous!

Beth said...

Sheila, Your table is beautiful! I love the placemats and how you layered your pretty dishes. Love the napkins with the flowers tucked in too. What a nice table and I know that great time was had by all!
Hugs and blessings, Beth

Anonymous said...

Hi Dearness! Oh, what a wonderful party! You are the Quintessential Party Hostess too! Your table is so pretty and those dishes! Oh, my goodness!
Hope you had a wonderful 4th!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Karen Deborah said...

Absolutely smashing! Such charm and such a lovely party, you must be a southern belle clean through.

I love the dishes, everything. the cake looks delicious.

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

what stunning blue post,
loved them all!

Katy Noelle said...

Oh, Missy Maggie, this is a lovely, adorable table. I love spots and, by the way, I love gentle and subtle scalloped edges, too. Those glasses.... I want some! Well, what I really want is a slice of that beeeayuuuuuutiful cake!!!

It sounds like it's cooled down a bit from a thousandsomething degrees to just an infernally cool 999 degrees. Our cool weather seems to have left us forever. It's desperately warm and no rain in sight. blaaaaah!

Thanks for sharing - I loved seeing and hearing....

Love, Katy

The Muse said...

I can see Ms A Hepburn, waltzing right in, dressed in a black linen sheath dress...with pearls ...(of course) as her accessories.

And totally feeling that she had never left Hollywood! What a glam color combo and theme~would welcome her!

And as ms Darlene said...a bit of whimsy..is a must in even the most posh of events!...Just nautically NICE :)

Lady Katherine said...

Oh, Shelia This is so pretty! I love each and every spot! The chargers, the dishes, the chocolate! The seahorse pitcher is wonderful! The stemware is so wonderful with this wonderful setting! Your flatware is beautiful! I adore the whimsical mermaid and the crab! The Nantucket basket pattern with the lovely flowers! Happy Birthday to Lisa! She was one lucky lady to get to sit at this perfect table! Thank You for joining me for Tea Time Tuesday! I just adore the colors and this charming Table Setting!

Tardevil said...

You are absolutely amazing! I think you know every.single.blogger in blogland! LOL! She (Kim) does great work, doesn't she? I hope, one day, to see her work displayed in Myrtle Beach! Happy birthday to Mr. Magpie!

luna said...

Lovely scenes, I like it too!

Unknown said...

Hi Sheila,

This absolutely beautiful and charming setting. I just love the colors. It's bright, cheerful and soooo pretty. Nicely done!

I am discovering that I too enjoy playing with my camera at times, trying different angles and lighting. That's what it's all about.

Hope your holiday was a pleasant one. I wish you a most magnificent day today. :)

Cheers! =D
~Kellie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good morning Daughter...girl I love this fun table...the colors remind me of the ocean and with the pops of pink...very whimsy yet elegant looking...how special to do this for a fellow blogger girl..you are the best...I hope you had a GREAT fourth my friend..
I'm now on double duty taking care of my house and Candace's she's really not liking this bedrest thing at all...
Girl I tell you I just cried when I seen her at the hospital...she told me Granny kiss it all better...I wished I could like when she was a little girl kiss and put a band-aid on it and send her back outside to play again..sighs..Hope your having a GREAT day my Dear daughter...Hugs and smiles to you Gl♥ria

D. Jean Quarles said...

Wow! What a lovely birthday bash that was. I love the polka dot plates and the chocolate plates and the cake and the . . .

D.O.S.A. said...

No one can make a person feel as special as you do!!! Thank you for the wonderful birthday party, amazing blog post, and for being the greatest friend.

Hugs,
Lisa

P.S. The fireworks photo is cool!

Donna said...

What a lovely party and table setting, Sheila. It all looks so special!

Hugs,
Donna

Victoria said...

Fabulous post! I am dazzled by all the charm and beauty..I love the colorscheme and adore all your plates and glasses..and pretty blooms! Wonderful post..very inspiring!
yay! Happy Tea!
Kiki~

Marice said...

oh my! such a lovely celebration! I so love everything! the arrangements and the cake, look so delish! :) happy birthday!

Susan Freeman said...

What a terrific tablescape!! Love the colors, shapes and patterns too. Great party!!

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Such a pretty party, Sheila! I love your 'spots' and blues! Happy birthday to Lisa! I would be honoured to have you join me for Tea Time next week! Hope you have a wonderful day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Sheila

What a fabulous party you gave to your friend Lisa! Tour tablescape is so pretty! I'm in love with that seahorse pitcher and the ceramic Nantucket basket! You thought of every detail to make the party extra special!

The mermaid platter and crab dish are very fun and whimsical! I know you smile every time you use them.

Hope you had a happy 4th of July!

♥ Pat

BECKY said...

Hi Sheila! What a gorgeous table setting! I love the shade of blue, and the polka dots and the goblets, etc..etc..etc!! I thought for sure I commented on this last night, but Blogger was causing trouble and I e-mailed you instead!

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

My goodness! How lovely! You certainly do know how to make a party!!! :) Just beautiful!
Mona

Millie said...

So gorgeous!...all those "spots"! That blue is lovely.

Bella's Rose Cottage said...

Hi Sheila,
Your whole party was so gorgeous and your friend is so lucky to have a great friend to make her B-day so special!
But I have to tell you I am so stuck on those napkins with the lily... they are perfection!
Bella

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh my dear Sheila.. You have such a "way" with tablescapes. Perfection! Wonderful colors and added accoutrements!!! You ARE the QUEEN party planner. You've got it girl.


Huggies... :-)

And, Smoochies!

S

xoxoxoxoxo

JEANNE said...

Hi Sheila, oh I must get over to Lisa's blog and wish her a happy birthday. Your party is, as always, gorgeous. I love the colors and the plates so much. The balloons top off the fun. You know just how to make someone very happy on their birthday or any occasion. The cake is delicious too.

I have been busy helping my sister get ready for her monthly antique show. It is a joy to help her but more that that I love her lovely things she is selling. It reminded me of the fun we had in Jax antiquing Sheila.

I picked peaches today at my sister's home. Mmmmmm. Peach preserves coming up.

I must do tomorrow's post. Have a wonderful day tomorrow dear Sheila.
Love you to pieces, Jeanne xoxoxo

BECKY said...

Just perfect, Sheila...as usual...just perfect! I just love your taste , and I think I love most of all your "way with whimsy"!! And I LOVED Weeki Wachi when I was a kid!! Those gals were amazing!!

Happy Birthday Lisa!! Hope it was wonderful!
Blessings Sweet Sheila! You are sooo much fun!
Becky

PaisleyJade said...

Stunning - you have such a gift! Loving what you have done - so wish I could set such a beautiful table like that. Amazing.

Natasha in Oz said...

Wow, this tablescape is just so beautiful! You sure do know how to make someone feel extra-special Sheila! Can I come next time?!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Southern Lady said...

Pure perfection, as always, Sheila. Everything you do, you do with elegance and grace.

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Sheila!! What a stunning tablescape!! I just love the colors! So pretty!
I am just getting a chance to make my rounds!!

Debbie

chasity said...

this table setting is delightful sheila!
love the chargers and square plates.
adorable.
you've inspired me to get ready for a shower that i'm hosting next week.

Unknown said...

Aww that was Wonderful!! 999 degrees lol! What a lovely thing to do...you know my Mother always *Set a table for occasions fitting. And that is sorely missed today no one has time! A shame really. Your tables so lovely it feels so good to sit down to a table like this one so beautifully presented. To relax..and *take time. I have such beautiful crochet and doileys we brought from Scotland and love to use them! (husb is a Brit..oh and says SPOTS too!! lol)

Melissa G said...

Beautiful! You sure do know how to thow a party! I love the sea horse tea pot! And the way you stacked the plates is so pretty!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sheila Sweetie...
I love this post. When you do a party you do it up right. I love the shade of blue for the placements, why would have thought that you would buy blue? Ha! Ha!

You set such a beautiful table, and I love the little polka dishes, the top printed ones were delightful. I also loved the way you tucked a flower into the linen napkin. Just so refreshing.

You flowers in the basket, just gorgeous. Now about that cake? I hope there is still a slice left for me, because I truly do LOVE chocolate. My fav.

I am clapping for you sweetie. Can you hear me? Please take a bow for a job well done. You didn't forget a thing. Even a tiara.

Country hugs sweetie...Sherry

Chanda said...

Hello there, thank you for stopping by and saying hello to me. I enjoyed my tour around your blog page as well. Love those Nantucket basket flower vases. Going to have to look on ebay for some of those myself. I make alot of flower arrangments from my gardens and they would look awesome. I buy alot of the knotted or bumpy white milk glass to make arrangments in but I love the look of the porc. basket. Your party tablescape was just wonderful, all so pleasing to the eye. Love those flowers, I have never saw those before. Look alittle like an azealia. Love them.
Blessing to you my frined,
Shanda

supplies overflowing! said...

OOOH how I love the way you put this table together. So pretty!
I have spent the last half hour reading your posts, and I have been entertained and educated, and I have ooohed and aaahed probably more than you would imagine.
I'm sorry I haven't been around much. I've missed you.
j.

Olga Poltava said...

Such wonderful and fun tablescape. The colors are perfect for summer; that blue is so refreshing.

bunny, The Paris House said...

Good Evening Sheila, This is beyond adorable!! I love the place mats and all the colors are so cheery and wonderful together. That cake looks scrumptious, I'll have to make something chocolate soon, I just visited Shellbelle's blog and she posted a picture of a chocolate brownie and now I am starving for chocolate. Hope you had a delightful 4th.
xoxo
Bunny

Vicki said...

Hello, Sheila, my friend,
Yes, I do love playing with dishes and eating chocolate!! I am sure I could eat two pieces of that decadent chocolate cake. I know you friends must have loved the party in their honor. Everything is perfect as always, love that shade of blue and the polka dots. Sending lots of hugs and love your way~ Vicki

Vicki said...

I meant to say "your" friends.

paperbutterfly said...

Spectacular!! Anyone would feel very special sitting at this table.
Thank you for sharing with us. I will be using some of your tips to enhance my table settings.
Love the colours, spots and dots and the great photography!!
So happy you came to tea. Please to meet you,
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
Blessings, Pam

glitzen said...

Stunning and delightful! Those dishes are the color of my kitchen (the sweet aqua ones) and I am always looking for things that color. So delish! My Kitchen Aid is close to that color too, as close as I could get it.
The pink is so beautiful with it. I love all the tiny details, and your eye for those things that make the heart sing!

Kat said...

Sheila, I think this is one of my favorite table settings you've done. I love the colors, especially that beautiful blue. And the polka dots are adorable. What a lovely party! I should have known you wanted to be a Weeki Wachi Mermaid lol. Hugs, Kat (btw, I LOVE your new header)

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sheila, This was a very special birthday party! YOur friend and her guests must have felt so honored!

What a warm girly, fun table! I love the colors and the polka dots. And of course those fabulous little plates with the very wise saying (haha)on them ae adorable! Very very inviting.

YOur birthday cake is so yummy looking! Now I am hungry for chocolate!
Your friend must have been thrilled!
Yvonne

dana said...

Did I tell you I have a birthday coming up soon? Do you throw very out of state parties, too? ;) What a wonderful share, Sheila!! I'll bet the birthday girl was totally thrilled!! Every little detail in your tablescape was wonderful! I loved the colors and the polka dots..and I am NUTS about those glasses!!! You "done good"!!!

I hope you've had a great week! Our weather has been amazing....so unlike our typical July temps. However, I will appreciate them while they are here, as normal summer heatwave is certain to return!

L, dana

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

GOOD MORNING SHEILA!!!

WOW...what a glorious birthday party for Lisa! Your colors are just divine and EVERYTHING about this post is just magical from the love and friendship to the perfect color for the dƩcor: AQUA!!!

Thank you dearest for your visit and welcoming home! You are so kind to drop by and leave a message!

May your summer continue to be a great time of family, fun and FRIENDS!!

Anita

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is beautiful, I love it! I gave a friend those little plates with different sayings, so cute!

Katherine