Actually, two.
Men, not desserts.
But we'll get to that in a moment. ;-)

First let me say that I'm joining my friend Beverly for Pink Saturday, and I want to share with you some lovely blog gifts that I was blessed to win from three of my favorite friends and also a "just because" gift from another favorite blog friend in England. These pink roses are my thank you to them for their generosity. Please go visit their blogs on the links I provided with their names because I'm sure you will enjoy getting to know these blog friends as much as I have...
Now, if you look closely, you will spy some pink lettering on this envelope...
And inside the envelop, a pretty card with pink flowers...
And a sweet note written in pink ink!
This note is from my friend Dawn of Cottage State of Mind who very generously sent ALL of the bloggers who signed up in her giveaway a box of shiny objects from her collection. Can you believe it??? And she carefully picked things she thought we would enjoy. It's a good thing she sent me this pretty, feminine handkerchief with pink roses because I caught myself wiping some tears due to Dawn's show of kindness...
But tears of gratitude were quickly joined by smiles. Just look at everything that sweet girl sent me! Like this colorful necklace in all of my favorite colors! A very shiny object, indeed...
And I loved playing with it, both on and off. Do you play with your jewelry, too? Trying to invent things for it to do that are out of the ordinary? Well, here's my necklace wrapped around a linen napkin as a napkin ring...
Which leads me to the next thing Dawn sent me: two antique silver spoons! One for me and one for Mr. Magpie. Can you believe it??? And I immediately put mine to very good use. ;-)
The shanks on these spoons Dawn gave us are so lovely, and my little pink dish of ice cream agrees...
And those are not the only shiny objects Dawn sent me! She also sent me this lovely silver letter holder which I put to good use holding my cards...
And see that little blue fellow there? The bluebirded-magpie of happiness? Dawn sent me that, too, and he really was the harbinger of happiness along with all of these sweet gifts...
Including this precious little bunny (Dawn knows I love bunnies!) which leads me to another Bunny. That would be dear Bunny of The Paris House Designs and her adorable little boy Oliver of Sippy Cups for One and All!
See that beautiful cake stand in green toile? The one with more of my special "cookies" on top of it???
Yes, that one. You see, Oliver drew my name, and I won that beautiful piece in Bunny's blog drawing! This cake stand was even picked from Bunny's online store to be featured in "Country Living" magazine! They gave her a great big, much deserved shout-out! :-) Bunny is a party planner extraordinaire, and Oliver is her cute little son who loves to cook! We think he's going to be a great chef some day...
Isn't this cake stand lovely?
I was trying to wait until I (me, myself, and MOI) actually cooked something marvelous to put on top of it for its debut. I didn't want to show you yet another store-bought confection. I just felt like it's inaugural usage should contain something homemade. But I decided Oliver might be in college by that point! ;-)
And these little friends had a pow-wow and agreed. Joining the bunny and bird from Dawn are two gifts I received at Claudie's Pink Birthday this spring... a magpie from Pinkie Claudie (who seems to be doing most of the talking!) and a lamb from Pinkie Jeanne (who's smiling!), and they all agree that this cake stand will make another guest appearance WITH said homemade treats...
Now, back to the ranch... do you spy a bridge on that card in my letter rack?
Well, that would be a very special bridge in one of my favorite cities in the world, London!
And this card would be from a dear blogger friend in London and a fellow Pinkie named Ruth of the blog, Everyday Life of a Suburban SAHM...
Ruth and I got into a conversation about how much I love and adore England and the Royal Family. I was a huge, huge fan of Princess Diana and the Queen Mother, and I'm a devoted fan of HM Queen Elizabeth II (who has never stepped a foot out of line in my estimation)...

But the Queen Mother is the one royal (with the exception of Jesus) I would pick to meet out of all of them, ever! I think the Queen Mother had great style, great poise, great spunk, and was a devoted member of her family and her country, bringing honor to both. I also think she had great courage and helped to save England during WWII by the tremendous support she was to her husband and the country. She was truly the Proverbs wife, mother, and grandmother, and an English heroine. And let's not forget her Scottish roots!
So imagine my delight when I received this is in the mail...
It's from Clarence House! Ruth worked as part of the Queen Mother's staff!!!
And you better believe I have played with this tag,which will be appropriately framed. I realize the top hat isn't pink, but I'm hoping English red will do...
And here it is next to Stella, of course, who wanted to be photographed with it before her trip home to England next week...
And finally, next to a crown...
You might not know this since the American history books were woefully lacking in my day on information about Florida in our early history, but St. Augustine, in addition to being the nation's oldest continuously occupied European settlement, was occupied by the British during a twenty year period from 1763 to 1783, and of course that included the American Revolution. So in honor of Florida's association with the English Crown, I wanted to photograph the tag on a blue and white transferware "Florida" plate...
Now, I know I started this post discussing the two men with whom I had dessert that were NOT Mr. Magpie. And one of those delightful fellows would be Prince William...
Thanks to Ruth, I received this copy of "Majesty" magazine...
And as I enjoyed my ice cream, I visited with various members of "The Firm," savoring tidbits about what is going on in their world, including morsels about this darling girl whom I hope Prince William marries...
William, you listen to Mrs. Magpie, and don't let her get away! ;-) And I think THIS ought to be your china pattern (notice it does have some pink in it)...
Now, back to that other handsome man I visited with over dessert who happens to be of Italian heritage...
That would be famous chef Rocco Dispirito whose cookbook I blissfully won in my good friend Pat of Mille Fiori Favoriti's blog drawing! Wouldn't you eat anything he told you to eat, particularly that stack of chocolate chip cookies to which he's pointing???
It was actually PAT (a fellow Pinkie) who visited with Rocco in real life HERE and got these autographed cookbooks for a giveaway on her wonderful blog (a blog that's all about NYC, cooking, and her dear family), and I am a very grateful recipient...
Now you might be wondering what on earth Mrs. Magpie is going to do with a cookbook since she doesn't cook, but I actually collect them (and enjoy entertaining)! I love to read cookbooks from cover to cover, and this one is chocked full of wonderful and easy recipes, many of them for traditional favorites. Also recipes like for this one of my favorite of favorites, sweet potato fries. I consider myself a gourmand, and let me assure you that sweet potato fries can be pure bliss. Mr. Magpie loves them, too...
And I loved his recipe for black bean soup, a favorite in St. Augustine with our Spanish roots and proximity to Cuba...
I got so inspired that I decided to start cooking again, and Pat, I got as far as buying the black beans for my soup but needed a new blender! So the black bean soup, along with Bunny's cake stand, will make yet another appearance on my blog on a future Foodie Friday post! ;-)
Now, let me tell each of you ladies... Dawn, Bunny and her son Oliver, Ruth, and Pat... again how much I appreciate and love my gifts, but most of all I love and appreciate you and your friendship! And I love that fact that you adore your families, which is something I greatly admire. You inspire me daily with your stories and your sweet friendship, and I treasure each of you more than I can ever begin to say here. THANK YOU!!! XOXOXO
And on that note, I am going to go step into my pink stripe gardening boots...
Pop on a sunhat with a pink and blue band...
And water my poor pink flowers who have been all but scorched in the last two days of heat...
Then, I'm going to join my sweet friend Beverly by clicking HERE where I plan to visit the other Pinkies and see what they're doing today. I hope you will join me there.

Thanks so much for visiting me here, and I look forward, as always, to visiting you, too. Monday is my last day with Stella, and she has something fun planned for you so be sure and drop by to wish her Bon Voyage! ;-)
Warmly,
Mrs. Magie (Sheila)
Photo Credits: Please note that the photographs of the Royal Family were all taken from "Majesty," a high quality magazine about the royals. The photographs of Rocco Dispirito and the food related to his cookbook were taken from his fabulous cookbook, Now Eat This!




102 comments:
WOW!! What a post! Don't you hate using a cook book that is signed! ;)
You have the best pinks and I am glad you had a great dessert! What wonderful gifts you have received!! Lucky you, enjoy them!
I do love your cake plate and I have the same plates with the green boarder! They remind me of the 50's! Have a super great week my friend!
Hugs, Lisa
Kawabunga!! man!! What an exciting life you lead simply by bloggin (said with a southern accent)!! Look at all the neat things you have won!!! Really cool label there too....from ole Enland! Hope you get cooking and share the recipes. I love sweet potato fries but I bake them so less fat.
You asked about my cross--yes it is a Daughter of the King cross! You are one ole smartie pants!!! I love the women in my DOK group and it is wonderful to pray for so many needs. God bless.
Sheila, wow! You are one lucky gal! You should buy a lottery ticket. You won so many fabulous items, I can't name any that I would not love to have. Too bad, I missed Dawn's giveaway post. But that's unlucky me.:-( I am so happy for you and I enjoyed how you wrote about the lovely gifts immensely!...Christine
Sheila you are so gracious, and your winnings are all so delightful and so perfectly selected for you!
The Queen recently visited NYC, and I was sorry to miss seeing her but she chose to visit the hottest, most humid day of the year, and I knew I'd melt waiting for her.
I actually did have dessert with Rocco Di Spirito (with about 10 other bloggers)and he could not have been more charming :-)
I hope everyone will realize that link you gave the is to my "review blog" that I had to make up new to talk about meeting Rocco(and haven't used since), as my advertiser did not want me advertise Bertolli who sponsered my trip to LA. I'm sure Rocco would be thrilled to know you tried a recipe form his cookbook...black bean soup sounds so good!
Happy Pink Saturday! Enjoy all your wondeful gifts!
What wonderful things Sheila! I love that necklace, it's so colorful. And the tag from the Queen Mother's household, you really do need to get that framed. Maybe a shadow box with a favorite photo or memento from London. Oh, DH is shouting out ideas right and left :) The cake stand is gorgeous, and it makes a wonderful stage for all your little cuties. And I must be getting old, because I would be more excited about 2 desserts than 2 men lol! Hugs, Kat
Lovely, lovely gifts you have received, or should I say loverly? No matter, everything is just wonderful, including you!
That cake plate from dear, sweet Bunny and the ever- charming Sir Oliver is gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen one like that before. She has such exquisite taste, I just adore her.
Well this post had lots of shiny objects and lots of FUN!
Wow! Great gifts, Sheila! Isn't that Dawn so generous? I think you saw that I was among the lucky recepients, too! And I love your other goodies, too! You had me going with the other man, though! lol My vinca is w-i-l-t-e-d, too! :-( Waaah! I'm rady for fall! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie
I should say... I'm ready for fall! lol Need to wear my glasses when I comment!
Hi Sheilaness! Oh, the love in Blogland and you're one of the most beloved! What wondrous shiny objects you've received! You're going to have such fun playing this weekend.
You are the most wonderful one!!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)
PS: I LOVE sweet potato fries! Kat
Love that cake stand! Of course you love rabbits, hares too, right?
Oh my dear Mrs. Magpie! You hit the mother-lode! What wonderful pressies.... I loved all of them... That Dawn is just the dearest girlie, isn't she? I'm so happy you were the lucky winner in all of those other giveaways and "just-because" gifties tooooo..... You deserve every one of them...you're the BESTEST...
Huggies!
S
I love your posts - I just never know which way they are going - but it is always fun. Thanks.
Hello Dear Sheila,
Everything looks so amazing, as always..a true feast for the eyes. So many goodies. I love how you used the seashells! I'm so happy you like the cake stand, toile is so classic, never goes out of style! I hope you are staying cool, it has been 100 up here and now the humidity is coming in full force. We are living in the pool, but I can only handle so much of that and then its back in the cold house, its just too hot out there for me. Hope it cools off soon we are suppose to go to Vermont soon for vacation.
Hope your weekend is wonderful
xoxo
Bunny
My goodness, Sheila - what a wonderful post. I am going to have to comment point by point...
1. I didn't know you are a Royal Albert Lady Carlyle collector - that vase you used for the roses looks neat. I don't think I have seen that before, and I thought I have just about all the Lady Carlyle pieces, haha!
2. I love to read about the Royal Family too. I really like how the Royal Women dress. So classy and timeless.
3. Are you going to watch "The King's Speech" coming out later this year? I can't wait to watch that.
4. And all the blog lovelies you received - you are BLESSED, doubly so!
Have a great night!
Hugs!
Wowzas is it your birthday? How special! you are so sweet and I can't think of anyone who deserves a bit of joy more than you. Wonderful!* clapping hands with glee*
ps that hunk on the cook book would have me burning everything in the kitchen, I may be getting older but I ain't dead. He is SMOKIN gorgeous!
Hi Sheila, I just spent several wonderful minutes reading your blog and drooling over your many gifts. It reminds me of these lyrics to a lovely song. 'Everything is beautiful, in it's own way' Lucky you.
Your lovely gifts are perfect for lovely you. I didn't know that you admired the royal family so much. Actually I do too. Except for Prince Charles. Not so much. I love your prized cookbooks. The cake plate is on the top of my love and admiration gift. So pretty.
Enjoy it all and have a wonderful weekend my dear friend that I miss so much. Please forgive me for not visiting these past weeks as much as I would like. Busy with company and no time for the computer to visit. Sigh. More company coming tomorrow. I'm ready for them. Bill just hung my new chandelier that I bought at the auction for a mere $25. I will be posting it soon. I still can't believe no one else bid on it. My lucky day.
Love you and miss you Sheila.
Jeanne, xoxoxo
Boy, you are one lucky lady!What a wonderful week you must have had. Congratulations!
Best wishes,
Natasha.
You are one blessed and lucky lady. And man you do love the cutie pies out there.
Prince William looks a lot like his mom doesn't he?
Say goodbye to Stella for me.
You won some really nice gifts.
Loved your pink Saturday.
Did you ever watch Rocco's television show about his restaurant or see him in Dance With The Stars?
You're a busy gal!
Love,
sandie
Happy Pink Saturday Sheila Sweetie...
Oh my goodness what a beautiful post. I love all your wonderful gifts sweetie and you are so deserving of them. You visit so many of us and leave us such beautiful comments, and are a friend to each of us. You always make us feel as we are each of us your very best friend. You make my heart "Happy" when you pop over. I love seeing the Magpie on my blog.
I love the necklace and the little blue magpie you won. How sweet those gifts are.
Ruth is so precious to send you a copy of one of the magazines from over there where you can have lunch with the prince. I agree he had better marry this one. She is so precious. I believe Moma Diana would have so approved.
A signed cookbook by Rocco. You luck ducky. Love it. Keep sharing the recipes.
I love the cake plate from Bunny and ofcourse our precious Oliver. He is a doll, and I had the pleasure of hugging him that sweetie. He is priceless and ofcourse so is Bunny.
Thank you for sharing sweetie. I so love to come over and visit. Have a beautiful Pink Saturday.
Country hugs sweetie...Sherry
Well, you have been one lucky lady! This is all great stuff!! The cake plate is awesome! And the rabbit.... :)
Love it every bit...but you deserve it more than anyone I know!
much love,
Lou Cinda :)
You are such a lucky lady! Such fun things. I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)
What sweet and beautiful gifts from your blogging friends. Friends are such a wonderful blessing! Have a lovely weekend, Mrs. Magpie, with your sparkly things! :)
Warmly,
~Debbie~
Happy Pink Saturday! I just love how you wrapped your necklace around that napkin - it looks beatiful! And your green toile cake plate is lovely. I just love it.
Oh Mrs. Magpie, I will not be able to get that gorgeous cake stand out of my thoughts (ok and probably Rocco too). Thanks for the great post!
Licks & Wags, Niki
LOVE the pink beads around the napkin... PRETTY!
You are too funny! I hope Mr. Magpie wasn't jealous. What beautiful gifts you receives, The bunny is adorable and how lucky you are to win that cake stand, it's gorgeous!
Happy Pink and have a wonderful weekend!
Ok first I have to tell you that mother Queen was here in Ottawa for our July 1st. Riley actually cooked for her. I hope she didn't get sick LOL
I have a great magazine from the 90's that tells us all the little details about "when she travels" very interesting things. Didn't know you liked the family so much.
Ok that hunk on the cook book Rocco?? Yup if I would have known you were going to lunch with him, I would have jumped on the next flight out lol
Sweet potato fries are also my fav. They are just becoming popular around here. As for the black been soup? I really enjoyed that one when we dined in St. Augustine with you and Jeanne. Would love the recipe if there is a great one in that cookbook. I'm not sure I could buy those beans here though. I've never seen them. Being a spanish dish, there aren't many spanish things out here : (
Your necklace is fab. The birdies, the little lamb sweet.
Now I'm going to hold my breath for just a little while to see if you come up with something home made for that pretty cake dish, don't kill me lol
Love the way you tell your stories Mrs. Magpie, so charming.
As for me...I have another UTI. Can you believe it? It came on like fire in my pants. Back on meds.
Lot's going on, but it's late. Going to bed. It's past 1am.
Tried calling Julie, but she's not home. Maybe I'll try one more time. I need to hear her voice.
Have a great weekend my friend. Sorry if there are mistakes, but my eyes and my "you know what" is killing me.
Love You
Love Me
xoxooxoxo
Oh and Happy Pink Saturday.
Happy Pink Saturday Sheila dear.
Wow you are so blessed those are really special gifts!
Lovely post!
" Regina "
Happy PiNk, Sheila...
Oh my, my head is spinning with handsome Italian men LOL, oh...let's see what else did you win? Oh my, it wasn't the man..it was his cookbook!
Everything is just wonderful and so thoughtful..that cake plate from Bunny is exquisite. She has the prettiest stuff! And all of your other goodies are lovely, lovely!!
Ok, now you've got that can of black beans...where's that man to prepare that recipe for you!? hee hee
Happy Day,
Stephanie ♥
That's so sad Stella is leaving! You sure have showed her a good time! What a wonderful post Sheila! I think people give to you because you are so generous and giving yourself! What a wonderful surprise that Dawn gave to everybody! And Bunny I just love! Is Oliver not just the cutest?? I have been so out of touch with my blog the last month. I am off work now until after Labour Day. I have been taking my house one room at a time and tearing it apart, cleaning from top to bottom. Once that is done I will be able to relax and spend the rest of the summer doing things that are fun!! I'm still taking photography courses though so i've been enjoying that!! Hope all is well with you and Mr. Magpie! Bye for now Sheila! And bye to Stella too!
Love Sherri : )
XOXO
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY, MRS. MAGPIE,
BEAUTIFUL GIFTS FROM BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS. I LOVE TO RECEIVE BOOKS THAT ARE SIGNED. IT JUST MAKES IT SO VERY PERSONAL.
THE CAKE PLATE IS GORGEOUS.
LOVE THE POST.
HAVE A LOVELY WEEKEND
HUGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
You crack me up! After I got done reading your post, its time to go to bed!
Happy Pink Saturday sweet one!
Hugs, Ann
You have there a big Pink Saturday post .
The little shells are lovely .
Have a nice Pink Saturday , ♥RINI♥
Oh, my dear Mrs. Magpie. Yet another glorious well-written post with lots of great pictures. I especially loved your mentioning a mutual friend, Bunny from "theParisHouse.com" -- LOVE her website, plus she has lovely things to sell in her shop. I also loved your reference to Rocco -- he wouldn't even have to make me something I liked. He can make Liver and I would smile and eat it. Well, I DO happen to LIKE liver, as long as it is served with bacon and onions (haven't had it in years, I mean YEARS). Oh, wait... although if Rocco DID make me lima beans, I would have to thwart him -- NOTHING, NO MAN, can make me eat lima beans. :)
Love this post, Sheila. :)
Best,
Gloria
P.S. I forgot to say: Man! You are so well loved! You got so many nice gifts!! Well, you are good, I guess. I GUESS you deserve your great presents... :)
gv
What a beautiful collection of gifts, Sheila. My favorite is that exquisite handkerchief. It's too pretty to use!
Best wishes to you and Mr. Magpie for a wonderful weekend.
Dearest Sheila, Thank you so much for your kind words ~ it was absolutely my pleasure. And what a wonderful post you've put together, it must have taken ages!
What wonderful treasures you received! I am crazy about that cake stand. I think it's my favorite among them.
I'm totally with you on the royal family, and I agree that the current Queen Elizabeth has never stepped out of line. She stepped to the throne at such a young age, too. I also loved the Queen Mother and thought that she was inspirational. Did you know that she was prone to spontaneous adventure? You probably did. I like that in a woman.
And I'm waiting for a wedding...
Great post full of so much fun stuff to see and read. I was waiting for Stella to show up to make me giggle. Glad she did.
AWESOME post, my dear little lover of shiny objects...(whew..)
Sweet Potato fries..oh, to die for. Mr. Sweet and I eat them regularly..baked, however.
Enjoy your treasures...
xo bj
Woo-wee, Sheila! You have SO many awesome gifts. . . I just drooled all over the place as I read about them! What fun to received blog giveaways....you must've been doing the Happy Dance for days and days and days!!
I LOVE your wide array of interests, Sheila. It's always sooooo much fun to read your blogs...ya never know where you will take us!!
Hope the weather cools down for you..we're still experiencing a string of PERFECT summer days...not too hot and not too much rain or too much "no rain"! :)
Have a terrific Pink Saturday! L, Dana
happy Pink Saturday! You got an early start this week! And your post is just jam packed with bloggers anf goodies and gifts. What a celebration!
Thank you for stopping by, I always enjoy seeing that you'vevisited.
CailinMarie
Wow what a lucky gal you are!!! love the necklace napkin ring idea. Gorgeous!! and that bunny too too cute :)
and the letter holder ands the spoon....I could go on and on and on and on
xo
What wonderful treasures, Congratulations on receiving so many interesting things. I was trying to decide which gift I loved the best...I love the hat of course, but that cake dish is so lovely.
Happy Pink Saturday, and enjoy your beautiful things.
Karen
Wow, you have received some beautiful and awesome gifts from your bloggers friends. I love the cake stand and the cook book. Happy Pink Saturday
All wonderful gifts, Sheila and beautifully photographed!
Sheila,
I drank a whole cup of coffee reading your post...hee hee !
Then I thought Magpie....hmmmmm - so cute, just love it !
Thanks for the like on the ice cream !!!
I love Dawn and she gifted you with the greatest things, you lucky girl !!
Hugs ~ Kammy
Hi Sheila, You won some gorgeous little gifts in all of the giveaways... Now --you are going to have to learn to cook (your or Mr. Magpie) IF you want to eat some of those Sweet Potato fries....
Pat (from NYC) is the only person you mentioned in this blog that I know. I love going to her blog and seeing all of the beautiful photography and history she provides around her area of NYC.
Hope you have a great weekend. We finally got some rain last night . We desperately needed it!!!!
Your comment form is FINE.. It's the Full Page one --not that horrible embedded one. Thanks!
Hugs,
Betsy
What a great way to write a post! I wish I had some of your creativity in the writing department!
So many pretty things you have received! What a thoughtful gift to receive something that was actually somewhat near to HM !!I would frame it too!
bee blessed
mary
Such a perfect post for PINK Saturday and a tribute to Ruth and friendship and the British Royal Family as well. Loved every picture and word! Such sweet gifts to such a sweet lady.
Enjoy! You bring riches of friendship to many and you are loved!
Sheila, I honestly don't know where to begin; your post is simply fabulous! We had the Queen here in Canada just a couple of weeks ago. I always loved Diana and my mother still adores anyway and all things ROYAL!
I am absolutely swooning over your green toile pedestal cake plate! What a beautiful thing it is! Love your shells and all your sweet gifts! Happy Pink Saturday, my dear lady, and have a lovely weekend.
Blessings,
Sandi
Oh. my. goodness. What a treasure trove of goodies, Sheila! I love everything! That cake plate, by the way, is absolutely gorgeous.
How you must love having something from the Queen Mother's home! Talk about precious!
Enjoy all your new pretties and have a fabulous weekend, my friend.
xo
Claudia
Wow - You did receive some nice gifts. Congratulations on winning.
Enjoy your weekend.
Wow Sheila, you got lucky girlfriend and such generousity. I love that. Your cake plate is so pretty and I have dishes like that, only mine are black and white.
I love the cookbook by Rocco. Sometimes I see him judge food on the show Top Chef. I bet there are some wonderful recipes in there. Way to go!!! Happy Pink Saturday, Char
What a lovely post... What beautiful gifts with awesome words... Must have made your day..
I like the little birdies I see around your blog... and also the bunny... I'm following you now... and am off to check the rest of your posts..
Happy Pink Saturday.. :-)
Wow! You sure are one lucky lady to receive such lovely gifts! Can't wait to see what you whip up with your new cookbook!
Happy PS,
Jacalyn
Hi Sheila,
What a lucky girl! But then you seem like such a beautiful person you deserve to be spoiled. You are such a great blogger. I hung to your every word. Even your little flowers are cute (mine have been fried too and I live in frigid Montreal). Thanks for sharing all these wonderful pictures (some were pretty handsome...)!
Anne-Marie
Oh, Mrs. Maggie, what a fun and rambling post. I was enthralled, at the first, with the hankie and remained so, throughout! So many fun and shiny tidbits for thought. I could go on and on, commenting about EVERYTHING here. Alas, I have laundry to fold and have to skadoodle. (Why do I ALWAYS have a mountain of laundry? Why oh why?) Thanks for all of this cheeriness!
Love, Katy xo
YOWZA, what absolutely beautiful treasures you received!!!
It's always a pleasures reading your posts!!!
Have a wonderful PINK Saturday!!!
xxoo
What a fantastic post. I loved every frame of it. Your pinks are perfect. I hope you have a great Pink Saturday, Sheila. Blessings...Mary
Sheila, I am green with envy over what you have been gifted. It is all so very neat!!! Wonderful gifts for a wonderful gal.
Hugs from Heidi
LOL! So that silver thing is a letter holder! I thought it was awfully short to keep napkins upright! I obviously sent it to the right magpie! Love that cake stand! And love you bunches too!
Hugs,
Dawn
Hi Sheila
Congratualtions on your wonderful wins. You received some great goodies. Love the tag that was The Queen Mother's. How amazing is that? I know that you will treasure something so special. I am a big Price William fan. I love how much he looks like his Mum Diana. Glad to hear that you love all things royal, you will realise why very soon!
Hope you are having a lovely Saturday.
Lindsay
x
WOWZA!!!
What a fantastic post!!
So much eye candy in more ways than one!! LOL!!
HPS!!
Debbie
I didn't know that London was one of your most favorite cities. It's my favorite for sure. That's where my best friend Sybil lives. I love the cake stand, it's simply fab! You are loved that's for sure, so you definitely deserve all those lovely treasures. It always makes me smile when you leave a comment on my blog. I'm sorry I don't comment more often...sometimes my life gets away with me. Hope you have a great summer!
Love you honey!!! You joined in Pink Saturday...whoo hoo Love your Pinks. and your Rocco I met him when he had the reality show and his mama too...thank you so much for visiting me it really makes my day! Happy Pink Saturday!! Grace xoxoxo
Sheila I do hope all is going well with you and your family this summer sweet friend. I've sure missed seeing you stop by for a visit with me. You are always welcome. It has been so hot here. Whew! I hope to see you soon!
Have a blessed weekend.
~Melissa :)
PS Your winnings are incredible!
Ahhh, the Royal Family! It must be my English soul! And I DO love their hats and fascinators ;)LOL
Your posts are soo cheery! Love each and every gift you received!
Hugs, dear Sheila,
Monicax.
Hi! what a fantastic post! SO cute!
I love it!
Are you from Florida? I love Florida so so so very much. I was with my family there this year!
comming soon WE CAME BACK!
XOXO
Besos mi amiga de Florida
Oh, my! I would love dessert with him! Oh, excuse me. I mean I love the royal family too! I learned to sew to copy Princess Diana's clothes. I have always loved the Royals. Neat wellies! Thanks for stopping by.
Sherry
I play with my jewelry, too...often used hecklaces to tie back drapes....
This post is just amazing! I enjoyed every line...You won amazing gifts and those boxes were filled with love for you, too!
My husband gave me the same little glass bluebird when we moved to a new home several years ago...It was for happiness in our new home...
I do hope that Stella has an enjoyable and safe journey....
Hugs
Jil
xo
Such treasures! Happy Pink Saturday!
Phew, what a post! I am in awe at all your goodies! How perfect.
And thanks so much for visiting Toh Ee - she's thrilled (you are her very first American visitor).
A very very Happy Pink Saturday, sweetie.
You lucky girl! I love all your pretties. Especially that special cake stand.
Brenda
I very much enjoied your post! And Rocco and Prince William! Hotties! Not as hot as my prince of a husband, William Trevor, That sounds like the name of a prince doesn't it? :D
Have a happy PS!
Amy
Oh my, my!!! What wonderful goodies and famous characters you have been enjoying! What a lovely, lovely post. My dh and I just returned from England and Scotland. Some of the royal family were in Edinburgh at the Palace, so we actually didn't get to tour there. I really thought they would invite me in for tea, but it was not to be....: ) But it was a grand trip. You are such a lucky lady to receive such grand presents - aren't bloggers just the most generous sorts?! Hope you have a lovely Pink Sat.
Blessings,
Tricia
Hi :) Fantastic post for PS, and what wonderful and sweet gifts you recieved!
Happy Pink Saturday to you!
Warmest hugs, Brenda
You are loved.
And I am smitten with that cake stand! Even without anything yummy on it, it is really delicious!
Beautiful post!
Only you can write with such whimsy, yet throw in history tidbits, and tie it all together with personality, and charm!
Enjoy all of your shiny objects!
Hugs,
Lisa
I am sure there are others out there, but I have never in all my blogging days saw anyone receive so many great things. I envy you and so proud for you. I loved Princess Diane so much. I would treasure all those gifts forever. They have truly blessed you.
WOW.....WHAT A JACK-POT!!! Beautiful gifts from even more beautiful ladies to a beautiful lady!!
Good for you.
Jo
Where do I begin? You brought us interesting shiny things, gifts, crowns, royals, darling wellies, food and handsome men! What a great combination!
I must look up this Rocco fellow. I wouldn't mind having dinner with him either!
What a fun, fun post!
I love to visit here.
Yvonne
What great little treasure you did receive this week!!! How wonderful for you, I have been on vacation, so I haven't been to visit for a week, but I want you to know how much I appreciate your kind comments on my blog. I always look forward to seeing them and reading them. Hugs and Love, Cindy S
Hi Sheila! How funny to see a snoozing squirrel! I hope you'll post the pics! Enjoy your weekend!...hugs...Debbie
What a great post....I loved every little word and picture...so glad that I stopped by
Wow, that was some post, lucky you. Love your pink striped boots. Have a wonderful weekend.
What a delightful post!!! That Prince William sure is a handsome one, huh?
I'm sorry your visit with Stella is about over. I know you've enjoyed her, and she's had some wonderful adventures while with you.
Earlier today, I was reading Leeann of The Old Parsonage, and she talked about the beautiful apron Dawn had sent her. What a generous and gracious gal to send gifts to so many. And that handkerchief is gorgeous!! I know some people make small pillows out of vintage hankies; of course, I don't have a clue how to do it, but I'll bet someone on here does.
Anyhow, thanks for such a fun post.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs,
Patti
I thoroughly enjoyed this post! Terrific - Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Happy Pink Saturday,
Kathy
Hello Sheila, Happy Pink Saturday, Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Wow what fantastic gifts you received. Lucky girl. Adorable post. Thank you so much for the kind words for my son and grandson.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
Wow Sheila, how much fun you have been having with your two gentlemen. Mr. Magpie must be blue with envy (or falling all over himself laughing at you:)) You have received some delightful gifts and you deserve every one of them. Thanks for your good wishes on my birthday and have a great weekend.
So many beautiful gifts you got.!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs
Charo
Hi Sheila, Happy sunday. We are busy with company for a few days. I think they leave to go home on Weds. They are delightful people and we are enjoying them. The young woman has her doctorate in Math. She and Bill shared an office when he taught math for many years at the college. They are much younger but we have become dear friends over the years. Her daughter goes to school with our granddaughter Ashley and her son is the same age as our Grandson Bryce. They both graduated this year. Lot's in common.
Did you know I have the same boots as yours, only different colors. I use them when I garden. smile. They were in the garage when Claudie was here. I like them because I don't want to step on a critter in my sneaks...thank you very much!!!
Gotta run.
Love you much back, Jeanne
There isn't a nicer way to start off a lovely summer Sunday than to read one of your wonderful posts, Sheila. You've got the gift, my friend, and always bring on smiles and a big chuckle or two. Thank your for sharing your lovely treasures
What wonderful bloggy friends you have, to send you so many sweet gifts! I especially love the necklace that Dawn sent you. It's a beauty!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol
Hi Sheila! Back again! I found the link to the same little door plus cute windows...and another one in red! Woo hoo!
http://www.plowhearth.com/product.asp?pcode=6574&crs=10984&ref=product
Happy Sunday!...Debbie
Holy Tamoly, Sheila! You hit the jackpot with such elegant pinks & glamorous fellas! Hope your luck for beautiful gifts doesn't end ... your treasures are wonderful from such giving ladies.
I am so glad you like your cake stand, Bunny gave me one which I laced with ribbon, & adore it. Did you see Oliver's 'button' on my sidebar that he made for me ... I was so thrilled to meet this adorable little gentleman.
TY for popping by for a visit, it was great to see you.
Have a lovely summer's day ~
TTFN ~Hugs, Marydon
Hi Sheila
I agree Dawn is so very sweet and what a generous heart she has. You really must be a special person, because I believe that we reap what we sow, and your new treasures are stunning.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
Leann
http://itistimetothinkformyself.blogspot.com/2010/07/pinks-in-6-words-i-wish-u-award-winning.html
enjoy!
True Confessions! Ha ha ha! But on a serious note, what a load of treasures came floating your way! These are the types of fun surprises/gifts in life that just keep on giving. Every time you see them, use them, etc. it's like another reminder of these sweet souls and their original kindness. But about that comment on not cooking, I thought making reservations or choosing a restaurant was equivalent to cooking. Have I been wrong all these years? Say it isn't so!!
I adore you!
You can sweep a girl up and take her on a journey that spans not only miles...but a lifetime!
Ms Magpie you have outdone yourself...!
Encore Encore!
May your days continue to be as joyful as the joy you share, my friend!
You truly are the Queen of very excellent post! A very happy belated Pink Saturday and you were so sweet to check in on me. I have been away on holiday and then had family visiting for a week and am just getting back to some semblance of what is "normal". I hope to do a Pink Saturday post on the 17th so will you there Ms. Magpie. Stay sweet ya' hear! xoxo Lynn@thevintagenest
Post a Comment