Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Friday, July 16, 2010

Tea at The Ritz, Computer Issues, Etc.



Good Morning!

I'm checking in to report some good news and some bad news. First, the good news. There is going to be a Peter Rabbit Tea at The Ritz in Orlando where we are going for Cecelia's birthday. She has just turned eight, and a small group of ladies of various ages will be celebrating that occasion with this fun event (I'm a guest of her grandmother's). Will try to get some good pictures to share later.



The bad news involves some serious computer woes. I have been struggling since Wednesday night, but my laptop (which is my only computer) will not access the internet.



Right now, I am on Mr. Magpie's computer (we each have lap tops) which will be leaving with him in a few minutes to go to work. Mine went to the shop last night sans my power cord, and it died before they could determine what might be wrong with it. They think it might be an evil virus. Boo! Hiss! So I'm off to the computer geeks this morning with my computer in tow. Since I am leaving town to go to the tea, I will have no access over the weekend, and I'm not sure when they will have mine fixed. I might have to get a new one. I suspect the Jailbirds had something to do with this...



But the good news is, I have not been kidnapped by a blogger gang or aliens. I'm just not visiting you and can't return your emails due to computer issues...



Please know I will come calling just as soon as I am able. In the mean time, I am wishing you a wonderful weekend, and wherever you are, stay cool and remember to dance like no one is looking! ;-)



Hasta Luego,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

50 comments:

Maude Lynn said...

Nothing is more frustrating than a computer issue! Good luck with it!

Debbie said...

That's the pits!!! I hate it when that happens to me. Why...for a blogger, it's worse than running out of toilet paper...
Hope you have a wonderful time, get great pictures of shiny things, and do NOT have to spend the bucks on a whole new computer.

LemonyRenee' said...

Sorry about the computer issues. I have had that happen twice, and it is traumatizing!

Tea should be wonderful . . . I hope they're serving carrot cake!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Have fun and hope they find that nasty virus, or whatever the problem is. Can't wait to see the photos. Tell those jailbirds I said to behave themselves.

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Mrs. Magpie,
Non-cooperative computers have a spot in the top ten irritations of life. Or so it seems when one is in the midst of such an irritation! So you will be putting on the RITZ...! When we lived in the frozen northland, hubs and I would often escape to The Ritz in Naples {the older one on the ocean} to thaw out. Oh to be eight and have a birthday tea at The Ritz with a flock of others who adore you. A happy, happy to the darling Cecelia, and safe travels to Mrs. Magpie. Here's hoping that your computer woes will soon be a distant memory...Xo, Sue

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

*crossing my fingers that your puter woes are fixed & affordable*

The Peter Rabbit tea sounds liek so much fun & your Stella posts were a hoot! Too cute!

claudie said...

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE GET A MAC Mrs. Magpie. You will never ever get another virus, ever. It's the best thing since sliced bread. PLESSSSSSSSSSSSSE.
Ok have fun at the tea, I'm jealous, but they are installing a pool in my back yard as we speak.
Have a fun filled weekend at the party with that sweet little Cececia.
Love You
Love Me
xoxoxoxoxoxoxxo

Lorrie said...

Computer problems rank right up there with car problems in my house for frustration and aggravation Sheila.

Have a great time at Cecelia's birthday tea. Even the name sounds fabulous. I know you won't disappoint us in bringing back some great pictures.

Hope your whole weekend is lovely!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I no sooner than got my computer last Friday than the internet went out. Got all resolved this past Monday. Darned computers!
Brenda

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Sorry you are having problems with your computer. Hope it gets fixed soon.
Have a graet time at Cecelia's party. Please wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY from me and Jessica.
Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x

Kat said...

Yikes! To paraphrase an old ad, a day without the internet is like a day without sunshine lol. Have a wonderful time this weekend, sounds like alot of fun. And I hope that your computer is working for you when you get back! Kat

The Muse said...

You will indeed be missed...
Sending out SOS for muse repair squad... :)

Have the most delightful time dear Ms Magpie. I am sure you all will just be so blessed :) Make a memory!!!

Darlene said...

Computers are the BEST thing unless they aren't working....then they are the MOST frustrating!!!!!

Have fun at Cecelia's birthday tea! Sounds like it will be great! Enjoy your weekend.♥

Shellbelle said...

I see that blogger gang is still on the loose, so I'll be sure to watch that they don't come over and hijack my computer too!

Sounds like you have a lovely day planned in Orlando, I'm still working on this deadline and these daily storms aren't making it any easier. Can't wait for it to be over so I can head over to St. Augustine for a little R&R and cake!

Hugs, talk to you soon.

Patti said...

That tea sounds like a lovely, delightful time. I'll look forward to seeing the photos when you are able.

We have had our share of computer issues. At the present time, all is well, but back in November (I think), we were out of computer/internet for nearly a week!!!! We were struggling to realize that there really WAS life before internet...not as quick and convenient, of course. We were glad when all was fixed and we could go online again.

Have a super weekend.

Hugs,
Patti

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

oh no, Sheila, I hope it is not a virus and that you will have your computer back ASAP!

A Peter rabbit Tea 8th birthday poarty sounds absolutley delightful! Have fun with Cecelia and her family!

♥ Pat

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Sorry about the computer problems, Magpie.. I hate it when I have problems. Luckily, we have Mac's --so there are very few problems with them ...

Hope you get your computer back soon... In the meantime....

Have a good weekend.
Hugs,
Betsy

Chatty Crone said...

Have fun at the tea party.

Computer woes - man I hate that too. We are so dependent on them.

You know my husband can't access the email/internet either.

I'll have to tell him to virus check.

I'll miss you.
sandie

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

Whew! Thanks for the warning! Would not like to think that you've been taken away, except by perhaps Calgon!

Take lots of fun pictures at the Tea - can't think of a better place to be!

My laptop has been in the shop since Monday! Turned out to be a bad cord, which of course, will cost about as much to replace as a computer itself! I'm using my little 10" travel computer now.

Have fun!
Deborah

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear you are dealing with computer issues.
But love hearing the good news ~ wow, a Peter Rabbit Tea at the Ritz. Can't wait to see photos of that! Have fun and travel safely. ~ Sarah

Sherri@lavenderfields said...

Now that sounds like my kind of weekend Mrs. Magpie!! I was just saying that to my husband today! I want to go to the Hotel Vancouver for High Tea soon! It is a really old hotel that Queen Elizabeth would stay in when she came to town. You get to sit in the wing back chairs and they serve you fancy sandwiches on tiered china, with scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam! MMM! If you ever come to town I shall take you ; )
I hope your computer can be fixed easily. No fun. I hope you have so much fun this weekend and I'm looking forward to hearing all about it! Bye for now!
XOXO Sherri : )

Beth at Aunties said...

My desk top is a grouchy old dinosaur on it's last tail end. If I were a swearing woman this office would have to be sound proof to protect the innocents. :)I am actually NOT smiling it makes me so darn frustrated! LOL
I knew/or thought we were going to be in on a grand adventure when I saw the name of Peter Rabbit and the Ritz. Then pleased to see the beautiful face of the birthday girl, Cecelia. I am looking forward to seeing the pictures of her wonderful B-celebration. Cecelia has something in common...well many things actually with three of our precious little granddaughters. Our third one turned 8 on the 3rd of July making them all the same age in just under 4 months... They would have been delighted to attend a wonderful Peter Rabbit birthday Tea at the Ritz!
She is a very lucky little girl to have you in her life. Enjoy a most delightful time~♥

Anne Fannie said...

It is so frustrating when you have computer problems! It can really ruin your day or week!!
I think Cecelia is a cutie pie! Happy Birthday to her!

Gloria said...

I was wondering what happened to my Mrs. Magpie! I said, "Hmm, I'd better head on over to her blog and see what's going on." So I glad you are ok and going to a nice party at the Ritz, but I am sad to hear about your laptop woes. Misery loves company, so let me tell you the same thing happened to me in January and I had to purchase a new laptop. But I certainly hope that yours is repairable! Take care and talk to you soon.
Best regards and xx-oo,
Gloria

Mim said...

Tea at The Ritz... now I can't think of anything more special and with an 8 year old!! Precious.
Actually I like going to the Ritz any time. And maybe it's time for a new laptop??

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Well shoot, I'm sorry your computer is at the computer ER. No fun at all!!!

Your jailbirds are reminding me of the three escapees from the depression era--the movie starring George Clooney but the movie title is escaping me at the moment.

Looking forward to your return!

bunny, The Paris House said...

Hi Sheila,
Sorry about your computer woes, that is no fun at all!! The day at the Ritz is something Oliver and I would just love to do , I can't wait to see your pictures. Have a nice weekend.
Kisses
Bunny & Oliver

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hello Sheila,
So sorry to hear about your computer issues. Hopefully, they can get you up and running soon! Looks like a busy week-end is in store for you. Can't wait to hear all about it!
We just got home last night and were tired but we had a great time.
hugs my friend,
Cindy

Cindy said...

Oooh! Have fun at the tea, it sounds like a load of fun!!!
Sorry to hear about your computer woes. I guess the moral of the story is that you have to be careful who you let into your computer,eh? Those horrible jail birds will do it every time.
Have a fun weekend and I'll be looking for you...
Hugs, Cindy S

Anonymous said...

Hurry back! I miss you when you're gone.

Ivory Spring said...

Sheila,

A Peter Rabbit tea sounds MOST FUN!!! Sorry to hear about your computer issue... I thought it was rather odd I hadn't heard from you in a couple of days. I miss you! See you when you get back to the information superhighway! ;)

the voice of melody said...

Sheila, I'm sorry to hear of your computer issues. Mine still acts up once in a while... grrrr!

I can't wait to see pictures of the tea! I'm sure it will be fabulous, how else could tea at the Ritz turn out?! We took my mom for tea at the Ritz in Montreal a few years ago during a trip up there and it was very nice. I can only imagine how amazing this Peter Rabbit tea will be.

Sweet blessings!

Regina said...

Oh Sheila. Sorry about your laptop. We really need an strong anti virus.
These are really cute and she is so adorable.
Have a great time dear one.
Happy weekend.

Melissa Miller said...

I hope it get's fixed soon and I get a nice visit from you Sheila. Miss you sweet friend! It has been a long time.

Have a blessed Sunday.
~Melissa :)

Cinnamonstitch said...

I know everything will turn out, I hope you had a lovely weekend.

Nancy said...

You know how incredibly jealous I am that you are going to be in Orlando! Hope you have/had the best of fun. I caught up with Stella, too. I so hope she is safe and sound back home.

So glad to hear the experts are working to solve the computer mystery. Enjoy your break!

Okay, off to you tube to do some Jailhouse Rock dancin' like no one is watching! :-)

Karen Deborah said...

Between lightening and viruses and malfunctioning hardware we are down from 3 computers to one. It is an old MAC and it's the last Moheekan how ever you spell that. Your granddaughter is so pretty. I love tea parties and Peter Rabbit.

Sue said...

The tea sounds like such fun! As for the computer...hope they get it fixed (unless like me, you love an excuse to get a new computer). Mine was acting odd all weekend too...I did 2 virus scans and a malware scan and it seems to be better. It didn't say it found anything, but something was certainly wrong. Mine kept freezing up. Hope you had fun and are back soon!

BECKY said...

Love and big hugs to you Sheila!! Hope Cecelia's party is a blast! I know you will make it special!!
Can't tell you how much I enjoy and appreciate your friendship, dear one!
I will be in touch! Dr. tomorrow at 1:15. Feeling better but still having it checked out, and hoping to make that trip to my sister's Thursday!!

Lovies!!
Becky

xinex said...

Sorry for your computer problems, Sheila. So many people are having them, don't know why. My desktop crashed last month too but I got a new one for a replacement bc they couldn't fix it. Luckily, I bought an extended warranty for 5 years and it broke on the 4th..Christine

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Oh Sheila, there's nothing worse than computer problems. I feel for you and hope all is well soon.

Have fun at the tea. It sounds exciting. Especially the part about the ladies of "various" age groups.
Sam

Julie said...

I can see you still have some spunk in you by your "asta luego".... you're funny.

Tea with rabbits and little girls sounds like life in a fairy tale and when problems like computers irritate us - well, I think that is just where we need to go - into the fairy tales.

Have a great time. And I really like your page header picture. Nice.

Love Jewells

SmilingSally said...

Well, I for one am happy that you have not been kidnapped. (That WAS my greatest fear!)

Cecelia's birthday must be special for you as she is so unique.

Anonymous said...

The tea sounds like it will be wonderful! Happy birthday to Cecelia ♥ I hope your computer is up and running soon. In the mean time I hope you have a grand time doing all kinds of fun things.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Honest... we didn't send the aliens your way;0) Computers have no regard for important things like keeping up with blogging buddies!
Karla & Karrie

Allie and Pattie said...

Awww Sheila! I just got back and now you're gone! Nuts!! Come back soon :(
xoxo Pattie

Cathy said...

I hate it when my computer acts up. I take it personally, I just can't help it. Hope yours is up and running again soon, Sheila.

I can't wait to hear all about Tea at the Ritz.

chasity said...

boo to bad viruses....
yay to good tea parties.
hope you had a wonderful time!
that cecelia is such a doll.
:)
chas

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh dear, Miss Sheila! I hate to hear that! I go into withdrawal without mine! I hope it is fixed soon! In the menatime, have worlds of fun at yout tea! Can't wait to read all about it! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I hope your laptop has been healed of its afflictions!! And that you will have a wonderful time in Orlando with precious sweet Ceclila!

I am blaming the jailbirds too! They just LOOK guilty!!

Much love

Lou Cinda :)