Greetings! :-)
Just peeping in from my blog exile to touch base with you...
It's been a long time since I've posted, and it sure feels good!
I've missed you SO much, and I want to thank you for all of your concern, your gracious comments, and your prayers.
While I will update you later, right this minute I want to tell you from the bottom of my heart how much your thoughtfulness means to Mr. Magpie and to me. There is nothing sweeter than blog peeps (and this means YOU)!
Now, after this looooooong hiatus, I am going to jump back in with my friend Shelia's blog party over at NOTESONGS where participants are sharing some of their favorite peeps aka yard birds.
I, however, have decided to bring out the whole barnyard which I had planned to post this spring before everything went haywire (no pun intended).
Warning: if you are not a fan of color (and if a touch of chaos upsets your equilibrium), this post is most definitely NOT for you. No, this post is for the whimsical at heart. You know, the fun people! ;-)
I hope you peep show fans won't mind, but I just think that peeps (particularly ones with glittery party hats) are so much happier when they are grouped with other sparkly critters...
Like Mr. Bunny here...
Who is sharing his parasol...
With a couple of woolly friends...
I love these little guys with their stick legs, tiny bells, and fleecy bodies...
And just in case you think that Mr. Bunny is the only bunny on the block, think again. There's also Barrington Bunny...
Who's just about the cutest thing going...
I have a hard time resisting a man with a petal pink nose...
Shoe button eyes...
And a jaunty blue jacket with a purple bow tie...
Any way you look at it, he's a dandy...
As are his other bunny pals...
Who are busy doing what bunnies do best...
Like sitting around on a leaf, looking cute...
Just ask Prince Frederick...
Or Barrington Bunny's girlfriend, Bailey...
Who will happily agree on the cuteness factor...
With the twitch of a nose!
Then, if you look closely, just over Bailey's shoulder you'll see...
That Bailey has more than one admirer...
This one's a man on a mission, armed with a smile and a pink bouquet...
But that's enough about bunnies (who have a tendency to not only multiply rapidly but to hog center stage)...
Let's get back to the business of peeps...
Don't you just love the sweet expression on this peep's beak?
Not only do his cheeks (and the buttons on his suspenders) match the color of the flowers...
But he gets to perch high above the madding crowd...
While guarding the egg stash in its rainbow of colors...
And he gets to referee the croquet matches that can get a little dicey...
Particularly if the eggs aren't hard boiled...
And sometimes, even when they are!
From his party hat...
To his egg-shaped physique...
I just love this boy,and so do his friends...
The Frog Prince (a gift from my friend Jane of Artfully Graced ) certainly agrees...
[Just in case you're wondering, this is a salt and pepper shaker set!]
The Bird Queen agrees, too (the Bird Queen being a candle holder and gift from my friend Becky of Holiday in The Sun/Junk to Joy)...
Other friends who agree are these fuzzy little chicks...
I have a whole brood of them that enjoy roosting on the napkin rings at gatherings...
Speaking of which, it's about that time. The table is set, and the dessert is callling our names...
And speaking of dessert, Mr. Bunny (and his entourage) went looking for it and began by looking to the left (his right)...
Where he found this empty Godiva tin... hmmm, Becky's pearls are missing, and so is my dessert plate! [scratches head]
Mr. Bunny and Co. then looked to the right (his left)...
And found a trail of things like this adorable felt chick card from my friend Grace of Grace In The City . Just look at those twinkly eyes!
Followed by this bow (how pretty!)...
And this flyer (uh, is this starting to look vaguely suspicious to you, too???)...
And ending in this... an empty Godiva bag sans Godiva box (again, someone's been eating my goodies, and this time they were a gift from Grace! We are not, I repeat, NOT amused!)
Then Mr. Bunny, not missing a beat, looked to the left (his right) yet again...
And he discovered Barrington, his jacket fitting a tad more snuggly than ever...
Gee, Barrington, those bon bons disappeared faster than I even had a ghost of a chance of saying, "Sorry, Mr. Magpie, there are NONE left!"
But really, who could blame Barrington? Being a self-professed chochoholic, I can't. We'll just have to celebrate by diving headfirst into this peep cake instead. I borrowed (aka STOLE) this idea from another blog, but it escapes me at the moment whose blog it was. If it's yours, please be sure to claim credit! :-)
While you all enjoy yourselves with dessert, I am heading over to visit all of the participants at Shelia's by clicking right HERE. Then I have a lot of catching up to do!
Thank you so much for visiting me, and I look forward to seeing you SOON. :-)
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




76 comments:
Hi Sheila, your post is delightful from beginning to end. So pretty and I love the colors!
Sending you my prayers.
Barb ♥
So very good to see you here, Sheila!!
Wonderful post!
Hi Sheila,
Your post is a true delight! I particularly loved the sheep. Nice to have you back, my dear. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings,
Sandi
Oh Sheila! I am so glad to see you. believe it or not, I have been meaning to email you and I could not find your email. I hope you are doing much better. Your peeps look wonderful, so cute and this is such a happy post, I hope it is reflecting on you....Christine
Hi Sheila, thanks for your sweet visit, and I am happy to meet you and glad you are back with us in Blogland. Your post was really adorable and very pretty. I enjoyed it very much. xo,
Fun post Sheila filled with lots of cute critters! Hope summer is treating you well, it's nice to see you again:@)
Thanks for your visit...what a lot of prettiness going on here today! Love the little bunnies and the fleecy lambs, too cute! ;D
SHEILA!! I'm so glad to see you, well virtually! :) This is a wonderful post filled with the most adorable bunnies and chicks! Thank you for coming to my party too!
I've missed you and hope you'll be back to blogging a bit now! Hope you and Mr. Magpie are doing much better! Blogland hasn't been the same without you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
It's all so chickie and as adorable as you are!!
Glad things are going better!
Hugs and Love,
Tami@ A Girls Gotta Nest
Well this party was just a NATURAL for you! Love the little sheep. . . Darling!
Hello Sheila,
thank you for your sweet comment on my blog.
I love you post with all the color and all those cute bunnies, lambs, chicks, etc. They all are adorable!
Hi Sheila Sweetie...
Oh welcome back, I am so thrilled to see you post again. I have missed you. You and Mr. Magpie have been in my prayers.
I loved this post. SO colorful, and yes lots of animals. Your little crowned prince is the best of all. Love seeing that little crown, what a BIG surprise.
Lots of sunshine and happiness sent to you sweetie. Many hugs and so much love from Phoenix, Sherry
SHEILA!!! So good to have you back!
You've shown so much cuteness that I don't know where to begin! I LOVE fuzzy little chicks and peeps! And I'm always looking for cute little furry lambs! You have so many sweet things...I feel happy just visiting you tonight! ♥
Oh Sheila welcome back - not sure if you area coming back or just for a visit - but it is good to see you.
And this post is for me! I love all sorts of colors and this was beautiful from the beginning to the very end.
Loved it.
Hi Shelia,
It is so good to hear from you! This post is adorable! I love your little Easter characters. They have a very vintage look about them, so cute. And then you did me in with the Godiva! I hope your doing well. Thanks for coming by and visiting! Much love and hugs!
Sherry
Wow - I love all your little chicks & bunnies, especially the Queen with that cute little crown!
Thanks for sharing!
{{{hugs}}}
Shelia it is so good to see this post from you. Such cute bunnies and peeps! I hope you are doing well and will keep blogging as you can. Sending you big hugs,
Linda
Sheila, I didn't know what you and your husband were going through -- if you are blogging then things are looking up. This is such a bright and cheery post -- the bunnies and chicks are so whimsical and fun. Welcome back.
How darling Sheila! So delighted to see your post....you've certainly been missed.
wow, Mizz Magpie, when you come back with a post, you "give it all you got!!" :) It was great.
Glad to see you must be feeling much better. Hope Mr. M is better, too.
Take care and don't be gone so long, next time..
xo bj
'
What an entertaining post!!!
I enjoyed ALL the critters and the story line...so colorful...
Thank you for visiting with me and come any time!
Blessings...Bettyb @ Country Charm
What a cute whimsical setting.
I love all those vintage look chicks, etc!
So glad to see you back, have missed you! I've been MIA too, please read my Dilemma post, it explains some.
Katherine
I am sooo glad to hear from you. I have missed you! Happy spring colors to you....!!
Hi Sheila... so nice to see your colorful post. A wonderfully refreshing respite from the heat here in the desert southwest! Hurry fall ! ! ! Continued thoughts and prayers for you and Mr. Magpie.
...Karen
Hi Sheila!
It was so nice to see your cheery post pop up on my blog's sidebar! I hope all is well ..I'm keeping you and Mr. Magpie in my thoughts and prayers!
{{{HUGS}}}
Pat
Girl, you know I am all about me some Whimsey and fun!! Gorgeous post full of color and happiness!!
So good to see post from you :)
Lou Cinda
What a colorful post, everything is simply darling..all the colors are so bright and cheerful. Your little barnyard is full of happy chicks and more.. hugs ~lynne~
Hi Sheila my dear,
I am so glad to see you in bloggyland again!
Geez girl, I have been missing you a lot!
Thank-you for the sweet comments and the beautiful and whimsical post!
So much glitter, so much fun!
I leave tomorrow for phoenix and I hope to hear from you again soon!
Big Hugs friend,
Cindy
Just so glad to see you out and about ... I have been meaning to stop by and check on you - so was pleasantly surprised when you stopped by my blog earlier. Love the sheep! Very colorful peeps and bunnies! Glad you're feeling better! Take care, Love, Jenn
So delighted, Sheila, that you've re-appeared. And your first post as been truly eggceptional (though that, I suppose, is what you've taught us to expect of you).
Hope both of you are dong well.
Blessings and Bear hugs (gentle hugs; don't want to crack any eggs, or the yoke will be on me).
So good to see you back! I hope this means that both you and your dear husband are back on your feet.
Love your post...and if I am correct, I saw this in person. (And it was gorgeous!) You definitely love whimsy...and that is truly endearing. (I am quite partial to your sock monkeys. :-) They stole my heart...)
Hugs,
Jane
Now I'm longing for .... marshmellow candy sprinkled with lots of colored sugar.. this was a subliminal post! been missing you! hugs. Dixie
Oh, Ms. Magpie, it is wonderful to see you back posting. This is definitely a delight for the eyes. I love each one of those sparkly little guys. I can tell you had fun putting this one together.
Take care my friend. I hope you and Mr. Magpie are on the mend.
Hugs ~ Sarah
Such a cute post!!!
Wow, so happy to see this post!! You've been gone long enough from all of us! ;)
And I don't know which little figure I like the best, they are all very cute.
Best,
Gloria xxoo
Beautiful, beautiful post - so very full of color. I came for the rooster party - but the little lamb stole my heart.
Yay! So glad and relieved to see a post from one of MY favorite peeps.
Since I love a lot of color and I love a lot of whimsy, I was delighted by every little thing in your barnyard.
Welcome back to blogland. I hope the update is a good one!!
So great to hear from you,hope to see more post,like this one,so colorful and sweet.
~Jo
Sheila, It is sooooo wonderful to see you back!!!! I love this wonderful post. It is upbeat and so like you.
We missed your voice in our little world terribly.
Love everything in this post. your peeps are so how I had come to know you. Colorful, happy and full of energy.
Blessings, Ginger
Hi Sheila, it is WONDERFUL to see you again. I'm so very happy you are back to posting. I've missed you and think of you often. I love every one of your lovely photos, first to last, and have to smile at all the beautiful colors and shapes.
I pray things are looking up for you and your husband and I keep you in my prayers for much strength.
Hi Sheila, So glad hubby has reached this milestone. Glad to see you back and thanks for visiting me sister. Love you, Mollye
Welcome back, Shelia! We've missed you, Honey! LOVE all your sweet little chickies & the other friends, too.
I'm glad to hear you're feeling up to posting again.
Mega Hugs,
Rett
I am so glad to see you back! Hope all is well, now, that everyone is on the mend. Loved your cute post!
I'm back too. We missed you at the cottage.
Eggcetera... SWEET as can be Mrs. Magpie
I'm running, trying to catch up on posts and life in general.
Sending you big Canadian hugs.
Love You
Love Me
xoxoxoxoxo
Hi Sheila, Yay!!! you posted. AND... what an adorable post. I arrived home from Canada on Thurs. and Bill's sister and hubby arrived on Friday. Whew. Talk about busy. they will be here until Monday. I need a breather. smile.
Our time in Canada was awesome. We walked and shopped for days. I am not sure your back would hold up Sheila. We missed you dear.
Your post is right up there with your best ones. You know I love your precious animal collection. No one presents a post like you. The sweetest pics ever.
I pray all is better for you and your hubs.
Blessings and love,
Jeanne xoxoxo
I thought it was Easter!! I loved this post! Such fabulousness. I have missed you dear friend. Hope you are having a wonderful summer. Grace xoox
Love all the sparkly bunnies and chicks! Jennifer
Wishing You A Happy Cockadoodledoo day.Thanks For Coming For A Visit. Trish
Hello dear Sheila,
How wonderful to hear from you again! I hope all is well in your world and right side up too!
What a sweet post, you have really come up with a whimsical one this time, I love it!!! I have missed your sweet stories.
Have a lovely day and I hope to see you post again, soon.
Love and hugs, Cindy
Well, that was eggsactly what I needed today - cute pictures and chubby bunnies - and chocolate.
I love the Alice In Wonderland type of figures - roly poly and glittery.
Thinking of you often - our best to you both!
Oh how I have enjoyed all of the lovely photos in this post! All full of the cutest bunnies and chicks and beautiful colors!
So pretty and fun! Hope you are well!! xo
My day will be brighter now just knowing you are back. I think of you often and almost wrote to you the other day to see how you were doing. I see lots of good vibes from the other comments. Gosh, it's great to have you back Sheila. Your little peeps are adorable, just like you.
Hugs,
Sam
Hi lovely lady.
So very Happy to see you back.This is a Wonderful post Sheila !!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
XXOO Diane
Oh, I needed this! I just loved the color and chaos...all those cute little chicks that I would love to have living at my house. This post made me feel good:) It is nice to see you back and nice to be trying to get back myself. Hopefully, by the time the weather turns cold we will all feel a little more "normal"??? Ya think?
Sheila, it's wonderful seeing a post from you again! Your peeps are delightful!
Sheila we are so glad you're back. We've missed your sweet spirit in blogland.
Glad to see this post of yours....hope all is OK with you and Mr. M!!!! You know I love your bunnies....and I have to say I'm lovin' those chicks, too!!!
Have a wonderful rest of Sunday!! dana
Welcome back!
Your post was so fun and cheerful. Have a wonderful week!
What a deloghtful collection and adore the sheep!
Veronica
www.tasselsandtwigs.blogspot.com
Oh, what a happy and sunny post!
I missed this on my reader, but I'm always relieved to see you're still able to see such beauty and joy around you!
Hugs from Arizona!
Hi Sheila,
Your post is as lovely as always. I hope everything is good with you and you are enjoying a lovely summer.
Karen
How are you doing, Shelia? Hope everything is back to normal there. I miss you! I have good news. Come and see my miracle post if you get a chance....Christine
Hey Sheila, Glad to see you back with all the cute little bunnies and sheep. It sure is looking a lot like Easter around by you :) Glad to hear Mr. Magpie is all mended and that you will be back with us. We missed you.
Perfectly enchanting post, Sheila!
Better belated than never, and this one was well worth the wait! So glad you and Mr. M. are feeling better.
I too am a (well, at least borderline) chocoholic. As sinfully delicious as the Godiva sounds, the Peeps really have me going! And it's a long time 'till next Easter!
Are Peeps freezer-friendly? Hmmm ... might be worth a try!
Have a wonderful rest of the week.
Fondly,
Bill
Now what did you go and show the chocolate for??? Now we have the need to find some and gobble it (oops...wrong holiday) up :)
It does our hearts good to visit you & your post....we've missed you too! Tell Mr. M that we are still keeping him (as well as yourself!) in our prayers....and just in case he needs it - my son has a wonderful Russian accent down, he could throw him some pointers, if, of course, he wanted to impersonate Gorbechav - lol!!
My sweet Mrs. Magpie.. I missed this post somehow... but, how delightful. Oh yes, I do so enjoy those blog chickies who's homes are all done in the yummy cream and whites, however, I am a colorful girlie and LOVE, love LOVE this. I am going to remember this delish little spot of spring.... It couldn't be more adorable.
Love it.... love you.
xoxoxo
Spence
How are things dear Sheila!
It was nice to hear from you.
It is so enchanting to see your lovely table. I always wonder what it would look like if I came to your home for a meal.
Big sigh...wish I could!
XO!
hi mrs magpie, such a unique post, a great and exclusively crafty idea to tell a beautiful story.
glad i blog walk to your site.. hi, i am Wan, from malaysia, do visit my blog , would love to read a comment from you too. have a nice day
Sheila,
I love the soft colors of Spring.
Thanks for your warm wishes and faithful prayers. I'm home now. God IS good!
Sally
Sheila,
So good to hear from you Thanks for stopping by...I have enjoyed your delightful and colorful posts...so sweet and precious! Hope everythis is well with you...Been a busy summer here at my nest! Husband surgery went well, baby showers,vacation in Destin. Thanks againg for stopping by Have a wonderful week..Katherinellen
Love ya my Dear adopted daughter...Hugs and smiles Gloria
Hi Shelia, wanted to stop by and say hi, I have been out of blogging too, and am trying to get back to visiting, we have had a very busy summer and lots of company. Hope you and Mr magpie are doing well.
As always your post make me smile.
Love,
Sue
Post a Comment