Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall...



Who's got the cutest goddaughter of all?



We do! We do!



And she's coming to visit tomorrow for nearly a week! :-)



This little one was tailor-made just for me. I mean, look at her with those sock monkeys. Yep, Magpie Heaven!



And she loves characters from Oz (this is a barefoot "Dorothy" with "Toto")...



And she loves ships in the harbor...



And ice cream at birthday parties...



And cupcakes in tea rooms...



And ballet...



And "interpretative" dance...



And other shiny objects like flowers and such...







And I couldn't love her (or her mother Missy) any more than I already do if my life depended on it! They are my girls!



And if that's not enough, our beloved young godson is coming for the weekend... Cecelia's brother, Clement! YEA!



Along with his wonderful dad, Alan...



And super granddad, Bill, who is celebrating a birthday!



You'd laugh, too, if you knew how old he is.



Just kidding, Brother Bill!



Sort of. ;-)



So we have plans to stir up all kinds of things. If Auntie Mame can find her camera, I'll post pics. If not, please know I will try and visit as time permits.



Oh, and just for the record, I fell going "up the down staircase" AGAIN, and I am hoping I didn't break my arm. Yes, my middle name is Grace. And no, Mr. Squirrel Nutkins did not trip me. ;-)



I'm blaming it on the progressive lenses. They don't move as fast as my feet somehow still manage to do! LOL!

Warmly,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

60 comments:

Dixie said...

What a beauty! You're going to have a house full!

and...

You're not the first person that I've known to fall due to a new pair of progressive lenses! Be careful out there girl!

hugs. Dixie

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How Wonderful!! It will be so great for all of you to be together.....have a great time!

And Be Careful!!

Lou Cinda ;)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, she's such a cutie-pie. Your heart sounds so full. :) Enjoy them all.

Maison Mutt said...

It sounds like you will be having a most wonderful time! Just be careful of those nasty stairs & enjoy!
Niki @ MaisonMutt

C'est moi Claudette said...

I know your heart needs this visit right about now Mrs. Magpie.
Have a FABULOUS time with all your dear ones.
Love You
Love Me
P.S. About those Ancestors???? OH MON DIEU
xoxoxoxoxoxo

Jane said...

Sounds like you are going to have a hopping good time! Your little Magpie in training is such a delightful young lady. And to have her brother, et al, is just icing on top of the proverbial cake! Have a wonderful time.

BTW...Are you ok? Falling is not a good thing to do. I should know. LOL. Hope your arm is all right. Please let me know...
xoxo
Jane

Scribbler said...

Sounds like you are about to have a barrel of fun with those two cute kids and your other "boys" -- for goodness sake, take off those glasses going up and down stairs. I have had trouble fall on steps or ladders ever since I was put into these things years ago. My eye dod said, "Just push them up or take them off!" They distort distances, and that is what makes you trip.

We must be twins, because I am also Grace. LOL

akawest said...

Yeah!!! You will have so much fun. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, poor darling! I do hope you didn't break your arm. You had been get it seen about before all of your company comes!
Your little god daughter is the prettiest little thing and I've enjoyed seeing her sweet face from time to time! Have fun with all your guests and take care. Maybe you should slow down a tad! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Donna said...

Sheila, she's absolutely adorable! Very photogenic. Sounds like lots of fun at your house, enjoy!

Be careful, too.

Hugs,
Donna

Ivory Spring said...

Beautiful pictures - my favorite is the one with all the sock monkeys!!!

Marti said...

I do think those grandkids are pretty cute, second only to mine. Grandpa looks like a happy soul. Love the picture of him laughing. Enjoy your visit.

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Precious young lady! :) Hope ya'll have a blast during her visit! Sounds like you'll have a house full and lots of laughter included!

Hope your arm isn't broken and mends quickly...bless your heart!

And...loving your grandaughter's little Lilly P. skirt...too cute! :)

Jenny said...

She is so precious!

I'm glad she will be here to help distract you from your booboo!

Gosh, girl. Be careful!

And enjoy your visit!

Lynn said...

Cute pics, enjoy your company Sheila! Hope your arm is ok, be careful and take care:@)

April said...

Talk about a doll! You are going to have such a FUN time having her visit...I can just feel it! I say spoil her rotten! :) Have a wonderful time, Sheila, and hope you get used to your new lenses sooner than later.

nannykim said...

Such a beautiful granddaughter. Looks like you are in for a lot of fun! love that monkey tree. I can't believe you fell again. I have trouble sometimes with my regular bifocals. Sometimes it is easier if I remove my glasses when going on stairs. You better hold on to a rail and go slowly!

Sue said...

Oh Shelia, I hope you are doing well, and that nothing was broken, please be careful, and I.

You are in for so much fun, and yes Cecelia was tailored made just for you. Enjoy this special time, with those special loved ones.
Hugs,
Sue

Brenda Pruitt said...

Those big eyes are gonna break a lot of male hearts one day!
Brenda

Southern Lady said...

Cecelia is truly beautiful, Sheila ... and is the epitome of "sugar and spice and everything nice!" I know you all are going to have a wonderful week, and I hope your arm is all right so you can take lots of pictures to share.

Cindy said...

Ah, Sheila, so sorry to hear that you have hurt yourself, I do hope you didn't break anything.
You must be so excited to see your precious goddaughter again! She is a little beauty!
Have a great time and enjoy them to the fullest.
Love and hugs, Cindy

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Good Gracious Lady bird....whatever shall we do with you? No more stairs for you - lol!! Looks like you are going to have a LOT of fun....and we can't wait at all to see what adventures you all have :) Funny you mentioned Auntie Mame...we were thinking of putting it on our FB page today - but, we didn't get to that! Too busy decorating outside (suppose to be icky weather out tomorrow!) Take care of yourself!!

Unknown said...

Take care Shelia!

These beautiful children are so blessed to have you in their life!

I can feel the love from miles away!

:) Diane

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh how fun Sheila!
She is such an adorable little girl who has so much personality shining right through her pics!
Enjoy your time with the whole family, sounds like a great get-together is in the works!
Hugs friend,
Cindy

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

And Sheila, I hope your poor arm is ok.
I have done that same thing and it just feels so strange to fall trying to go up.
I broke my toe this summer that way and I never knew it until I saw the dr. and they pointed it out to me.
Yes I am a bit bumped up too! hehe.
Hugs again,
Cindy

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

She's adorable Sheila. Love the pink and green separates, so fashionable. Wouldn't mind having one in my size.
And of course happy birthday Bill.

Be careful of falling. I didn't do well with progressive lens and turned them in for (shhh) trifocals. Turns out they didn't look as bad as I thought they would.
Sam

jeanne said...

Good morning Shelia, I love this post and so do you. Big smile. Who wouldn't? How absolutely darling is your Godchild Cecelia. Plus Clement and his dad are bonuses. Have a wonderful week my friend.

The question is...Did you break your arm? I'm so sorry you fell and I want you to meet your sister in the 'grace' dept. I have had several falls with broken bones in my past. Now, I watch every step I take. People should not fall at my age and you are younger than me. Caution, most of my falls were when I was younger. Smile, just a heads up.

Be careful and I pray you did not break anything.
Much love,
Jeanne xoxoxo

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Girl, please lets not break something we take too long to heal. We need to get you a body guard to watch your every move. Take those darn glasses off.

What a beautiful family you have there, your grands are cute and I bet they light up the room when they come in.

Happy Birthday to your handsome brother and may he have many more.

I do pray you have lods of laughter, hugs and kisses while they visit. FIND that camera and take loads of pics!! If we lived closer you could use mine. I hope someone will bring a camera... these years go by so fast.

Prayers for you and yours and GOD keep you all safe.

Katy Noelle said...

I think that you're right...I, for one, wouldn't dare argue with you - I'd lose for sure (not having a goddaughter of my own;)) - you have the cutest girly, there, in the world!

I love your humour, Sheila! Oh, how you make me laugh and smile!

But...

I hope your arm feels better very, very soon!=/

Love, Katy Noelle xxoo and one thousand of these...=]!

Decor To Adore said...

That is the sweetest and prettiest ballerina I have seen in a long time.

Here's hoping your new eyes will not fail you.

Unknown said...

What a cutie!! I know that you will enjoy your time with all of them!

and.......

Becareful out there lady!!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

Precious!!

Hope you have the time of your lives. Steady as she goes. {wink}

Adrienne

Beth at Aunties said...

Oh, no! I hope you are alright and all mends quickly, so you can enjoy a most delightful time with darling Cecelia and her family.
She truly is precious and it is fun to watch her grow up.
So please do find your camera so we too can get in on the fun week you will have! I also have 3 little nine year old granddaughters who are most precious and very entertaining. I think you are in for a very full week.:}♥

Sue said...

Well it certainly doesn't sound like you need a broken arm right now! Too much fun ahead! I hope you are just a little sore, so sorry. She is darling. I love girly girls and I have two "all boy" grandsons that I just don't know what to do with! Have a wonderful time and watch where you are going:)

Chatty Crone said...

Since I have no God-children - you have the cutest!!!!!!!!!

She will be perfect there for you - you two have a lot in common!

You'll have a houseful this weekend.

I hope you haven't broken your arm.

Be careful my friend.

sandie

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Hope you are having a wonderful time together. I know you are the best Godmother :)
Hope your arm is improving.
Thinking of you having fun, eating icecream and enjoying your guests.
Lindsay
x

Gloria said...

My dear Mrs. Magpie, your Adelaide is going to be thrilled that you are so excited for this time to take care of this beautiful little girl. And this is my first time seeing Clement!! He is VERY handsome and will have all of the ladies running after him when he is a little bit older! Please tell him that I said for him not to break too many hearts! Have a wonderful time being the wonderful hostess that I know you are. I hope you have been feeling better... I haven't heard from you so I am hoping you are on the mend. As for me, sorry I have taken so long to get over here to comment and I'm sorry I haven't emailed... I DO, however, feel better since losing my little Buddy. All thanks to loving people, worrying and emailing me, with YOU being the most loving of all people, as you always are. Well, this is long enough! Again, I'm sorry it took me so long to get here! Love to Mr. Magpie too!
Best,
Gloria
P.S. Absolutely LOVE that last photo of her in the tutu!!!! :)

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

How sweet. You are so lucky to have them visit. have fun and thanks for sharing....

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

HI my sweet Sheila.......

OH NO! You have to remain upright, my friend.... I'm so sorry you've taken another spill... and I'll be praying for NO broken arm....

Have a wonderful time with your precious girl... I know how much you love this little one...

xoxoxoxo

Spencer

Pam Kessler said...

Have fun with the goddaughter. Watch out for those steps. They can come up and trip you.

supplies overflowing! said...

I hope you didn't hurt yourself! Enjoy all your loved ones!
j.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Your goddaughter is adorable - I especially love the cupcakes picture!

Donna said...

Very cute post. Your goddaughter is adorable, really.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post! Full of sweetness, and, I love Bill's poses w/your comments, just G-r-e-a-t! I knew y'all were made for one another the second I saw those monkeys and your goddaughter -- that was all it took - enjoy their visits! And, hey, no more falling! Take care. Love and Hugs, Jenn.

Anonymous said...

PS - I forgot to mention, I posted last on Blogger that I am moving after all to the other blog exclusively - hope to see you over there!

Anonymous said...

Oh, PS PS - I am posting a link to your blog on mine and was going to use the photo you have firs on your sidebar, I think it has the caption, welcome to my nest. Is it okay to use your photo for your link on my blog? Thanks, Jenn

Gypsy Heart said...

Oh my word, she is totally adorable! You're going to have a blast with these folks visiting. I hope you don't fall again my friend! I used to wear progressive lenses before my cataract surgery ~ I always had to take them off prior to going up or down stairs. Just didn't work for me.

I just read through your post from last Christmas and the garden club. Can I please come live with you? :-) Such beauty...and so many treasures...I love it!

Enjoy your week ~
xo
Pat

tracy said...

I love this post...I wish my grand daughter would pose for me as your god daughter does for you...she looks so pretty in all her shots.Handsome young man her brother is.
Very cute about your brother Bill made me smile:)
I love family postings!!!
Grace
(That's my last name:)

tracy said...

Its me again...Grace.
I was just scroll through your lovely blog, and saw my link on your side bar...I feel wonderful, thank you...I clicked on it,
(just for the heck of it)
and it said... "blog not found"? I think its because I changed my blog address at some point...with out realizing my followers would not be able to find me any more:(
If you care to follow again please come by and say hi and resign my button...
Hugs Grace

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great pictures Sheila! Looks like you will be very busy.
♥, Susan

Debbie said...

You are in for a boatload of fun! She's not only lovely, she looks like she has spunk.

I love spunk!

Speaking of... I think you need to rein in the spunk as you go up the down staircase next time.

Hope you are recovered soon so you can fully enjoy the visit.

Grace said...

How are you doing? I hope all is well!! What gorgeous picture of a beautiful family! Grace xoox

Completely Coastal said...

Sounds you're going to have such a wonderful time..., but be careful on those stairs!!!!

Grumpy Old Ken said...

I have never seen anyone with so many female visitors. Am I allowed!

Virginia Country House said...

Wonderful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing your life.

jeanne said...

Dear Sheila, I just dropped by to see if you have posted anything new. I am looking forward to hearing about your fun time with loved ones all around you.

Blessings and love, Jeanne

Judi said...

Hi Sheila *hugs*
Oh you have to be careful...you are running up quicker than your feet will take you it seems..*s*.

YOur pictures are lovely. She is just gorgeous and I love her dancing costumes and her mother is beautiful too. You are going to have so much fun I can tell.

I love the colour of the dresser with the many sweet colours too.
Thank you for sharing. This was such a happy post and just made me smile.

*hugs*
Judi

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Hello Shelia~I'm b-a-c-k to makin' my visits (finally)! I just wanted to take a minute at this season of renewed hope and gratitude to personally thank you for your visits and kind words. I wish I could convey to you how much your continued friendship means to me. You've always been so generous to share a big part of your hearts passion through your wonderful posts. I look forward to each and every visit. I've no doubt we've got a lot more blogging fun in store for us come this new year.

There's nothing like being surrounded by loved ones. Good times abound!

Sweet Wishes,
Sara

Tardevil said...

Hi,
I just wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a safe and happy one!

Do you have a follower button on your blog? I was trying to be sure your blog is on my dashboard, and I don't see it. I am getting old, though. Love the part where you encourage us to stimulate the economy. If you talked with my husband, I can assure you, he would tell you that I'm doing my part!!! ;o)

Kathy said...

I swear. You always have the best pictures!! Be careful with those "spills." You can't take pictures if your hurt. Have a great Thanksgiving!! - Kathy