Well, I didn't actually win an official Lottery, but I won the Lottery for having the best blogging friends! You are the best of the best, you know. :-)
To that end, thanks so much for checking in with me even though I was unable to blog during my company's visit. We had a WONDERFUL time, and it took me a couple of days to recuperate from all the to-ing and fro-ing. I think I packed on an additional five pounds from making a pig of myself, but it was worth every minute of it.
Unfortunately, I'm still not able to blog because my laptop's virus control went wacko and keeps trying to upload itself. I was stuck out of town with it doing that and am going to take my laptop BACK in once again to be loaded PROPERLY. Right this minute, I'm on Mr. Magpie's work computer, and I can only stay on here long enough to do this post. Please know I will visit you as soon as I get my laptop back!
In the mean time, I would love to have your opinion if you would be so kind as to answer these questions:
Do you like your computer/laptop?
If so, why and what type do you have?
If not, why not, and what type do you have?
I would really like to hear what you have to say, so if you read this, please let me know your opinion. Thanks a million! :-)
If I don't get mine back before Thanksgiving, I hope and pray your holiday is a happy and safe one...
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
P.S. Again, I did NOT win the Lottery. I was just teasing, but if I did win, I would share it with you! xoxoxo
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




58 comments:
Your subject line will cause a lot of commotion, Sheila ..lol! You are always a winner in my book!
I have a Hewlett Packard lap top and it is giving me good service. I had a dell last time and it did not last too long. My daughter and daughter in-law have a Macs and love them.
Hope you and Mr. Magpie have a very happy Thanksgiving!!
{{hugs}}
I have Della the Demon possessed laptop, if you recall. Don't tell her, but I do NOT love her. In case you don't "get" that, Dude, I have a Dell.
I also have a huge problem with my anti virus doubling up on me. It's supposed to run during the night, but it keeps popping several times a day as I'm trying to actually USE Della.
UGH.
Anyway, that's where I sit with Della the Demon Possessed Laptop.
I hope you get your situation worked out!
Happy to hear that you had a great time!! As far as laptops...the absolute best is Macbook Pro, or Macbook Air. I highly and without any reservation recommend those to you!! The only computer you could buy used and know it will last pretty much forever is a mac. We have all mac computers now and they are amazing especially compared to the issues we have had with pcs. Ok, so there's my ad for mac:-)
LOL! You are too stinkin cute! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Grace xoox
Good you had a great time with your friends. Computers...hmmm...can't live with them, can't live without them!!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving....and enjoy your imaginary lottery win...let's see, I would take a plane ticket....to come see you!!!
You're cute - I thought you had won the lottery!
I have a Dell and we have a Toshiba and so far both are great laptops.
Good luck - you need a new computer gal.
Love, sandie
Aw I was hoping your really did win the lottery! LOL
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad and I love it!! Great laptop! Good luck with fixing yours or getting a new one.
hugs,
Linda
First - glad to see you here and glad you had such fun.
I have an HP laptop and I love love love love it. I haven't had any problems so far - and I've had it over a year, time for it to become finicky I think (I hope).
Happy Thanksgiving a little early to you too my dear.
Back at you, I hope you have a blessed and SAFE one. Don't go falling down, I pray all the trees stay upright and your holiday is un-eventful. In other words, just sit still, don't move, let other wait on you for a change. Just be a diva.
As for the laptop, I don't use one, don't like the keyboard, its funky and hard for me to type on. I do know hubby loves his HP. Laptops have a life span of about 3-4 years depending on the usage.
OH! I found out why some comments are not getting posted. I noticed when I click on "Publish Your Comment", The screen will blink so you think your comment was posted. Nope, I am finding I have to click Publish Your Comment again for it to take. So maybe that is why some of yours have not been posting. I caught that the other day. I was sure I posted and when I waited before darting off the blog, I saw my comment did not post. Guess we have to hang around and make sure.
GOD bless you and keep you all safe this holiday season. Love and hugs and you are missed !!!.
P.S. just like now, I clicked to publish the comment and the screen blinked and did not go through. Clicking the second time...
I am so glad you had such a great time!!! Nothing better than spending time with friends/family/loved ones :)
I have a cheapo Acer laptop that I use all the time at home. I have had it for three years and never had a single problem with it. It does what I want it to do, but I am not one of those computer gurus who want it to do all kinds of things? lol
Have a Wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving my friend!
Lou Cinda :)
Hi Sheila
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent company :)
Sorry about your computer probelms. I am no help at all as both our computer and laptop are needing replacing too. The computer has no memory left and the laptop is annoyingly slow!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Will be thinking of you.
Lindsay
x
My heart always skips a beat with your headlines Sheila. I have a Toshiba laptop, a good size one, because I like to write and am not fond of little computers for writing. For looking and reading, yes, but not for serious writing.
We've not had a moments problem, but I don't want to "put mouth on it," as the Bahamians would say, and jink that luck. Sooner or later they all have problems I think. Try out keyboards and screen sizes and find one you are comfortable with is my advice.
Hope you and your family have a fabulous Thanksgiving. Big hugs coming your way.
Sam
You got me all excited with that title! Sorry your 'puter is going crazy, like I always say "they're great when they work!". I have a 4 year old Dell so I'll let others share advice... Happy Thanksgiving Week Shiela-enjoy:@)
Aw shucks I was hoping you won.
Happy Thanksgiving to the Magpie family!!
Adrienne
Sheila, I'm a Mac user. Love my Mac Book Pro and my Apple Air for travel. Good luck with a decision.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Mac. That's it, pure and simple. I have a Macbook and love, love it.
xo
Claudia
I've joined the Apple community and have an iMac. I could not be happier. No more viruses, no virus scanning no hassles. I was fed up with the PC problems. It's shockingly easy to use! I'll never go back to a regular P.C. for my personal use.
I do not have a laptop...but it's on my list once things finally settle...or when I sell a BIG piece of art. :-)
My sons...and I am referring to the computer gurus...swear by their MACs. DB and his wife has only had Macs...several different models. MG has had several different PCs, but now would ONLY have a MAC. For all the things he does...especially with photoshop, etc, it's the best way to go.
On the other hand...WG has a Toshiba and is really pleased with it. He uses it for everyday work...and school. He's not into all the photo stuff the other two do.
So it boils down to what you want to do with your computer...
Good luck in chooseing...and let us know what you find.
HAve a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!
xoxo
J
Ha, you had me there...too funny Sheila! I have a HP laptop but amy REALLY wanting a PC. I find the lap top is so much more time consuming for blogging, so I can't wait for Mr. Heart to get my PC up and running! Good luck, hope you get everything working just great for you!
NO PC NO PC MRS. MAGPIE!!!
MAC MAC MAC all the way. NO WORRIES, NO PROBLEMS, NO VIRUSES, Ok got that off my chest.
So happy you had a fab time with your family and friends. Smiles all around for you.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Mr. Magpie.
Sending you my love from Canada.
xoxoxoxoxoxo
Many Blessings to you and your love ones this Thanksgiving..Hugs and smiles Gloria
Sheila,
Love my Macbook Pro. Was really afraid to make the switch, but OMG, it's been amazing for 2 years. Fast as lightening, no viruses and fabulous features. Will never own anything else. Happy Turkey Day to you and yours. Dianne
Hooray! I'm not THAT late in seeing this recent post of yours! Usually it takes me days. ;)
I haven't emailed you because I knew you had company, so don't yell at me!!! And now I know why I didn't hear from YOU if you are having laptop problems. I am finally back to blogging myself, after getting over losing my sweet cat. I hope you and Mr. Magpie have a wonderful Thanksgiving and I hope to hear from you as soon as you are back online! Love you, Mrs. Magpie!
Best,
Gloria
P.S. Oh, I forgot to say, Sheila: I have an Acer laptop now, it stinks. It was cheaper, and it's not worth it. I had two Dell laptops, didn't care for those either, plus an IBM (that one was ok). The best one I had was an HP laptop. When I get a new one, when "I" win the lottery, it will be an HP, I think. Good luck with whatever one you decide to eventually get, and I hope you will not have ANY problems!
gv
I have a Dell and it's about to go but when we get a new one it will most definitely be another Dell. This computer has put up with so much and the ol' girl is still putting forth her best effort.
I actually stopped by to wish you and your loved ones a very blessed Thanksgiving. Enjoy!!
I like my laptop. It is a MacBook.
Enough said.
Oh Sweetie...
You are so darn cute. I just knew that you had truly won. Of course we are all winners with the love we receive from each other. It keeps us going, like the Energizer bunny.
Sis, Marydon bought me an early Christmas present, a Dell laptop when my computer went bazerk and wouldn't work anymore. I love it. I can move it from room to room, or even blog from the patio table. I love the versatility of it.
We have Dells at work too, and they seem to do very well. Like all computers, there are lemons in every bunch.
Just wanted to pop over and wish you and the family a wonderful Thanksgiving. Thank you so much for being such a wonderful friend sweetie. Many hugs and much love, Sherry
Happy Thanksgiving Sheila! I so hope you get things fixed with that computer issue because we all miss you when you are gone!
Big Hugs friend,
Cindy
Hi Sheila, I love your sense of humor. I know you loved every minute you had with your darling visitors.
I hope you get your computer straightened out soon. My computer is a MAC laptop and I LOVE it. We have a Mac desk top too but my laptop is attached to me. I mean I am attached to my MAC. Very attached!!! Smile! I can honestly say I almost never have an ounce of trouble with my MAC. (never say never) Murphy's law you know!!!
Wishing you and yours a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Blessings and love, Jeanne
Oooh, if you will share when you win, then I really hope you do win!:-)
I'm teasing.
I am so sorry for you that you are still having difficulty with your computer, that is very bad!!!
I love my MacBook Air. Yes, it's an Apple or Mac, and it is small enough to take wherever you go and smart enough not to give too much trouble.
I really do enjoy it.
Hugs, Cindy
Just stopping by once again to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!! Miss you and hope you get your new laptop soon. A kiss for Mr. Magpie for me!
Best,
Gloria xxxxxxxxxxxoooooooooooooo
Happy Thanksgiving beautiful lady!
We all won the lottery when we found your blog!
Sending you a hug and a wish for beauty, joy and lots of stuffing this Thanksgiving weekend!
Oh, Sheila... you almost had me there!
So glad you had a wonderful time during your company's visit. Sorry about the computer problems, though.
Hubby gave me a Mac and gave DD a MacBook... we can't use HIS computer 'cause it's for work... ahem! Ours are very user friendly, and we like them. We hear him "talking hard" at his computer more than we ever have with ours... if you know what I mean. My son, when he was small, called yelling "talking hard."
Catch up soon!
First the critters, and now cyber critters?!!!
I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Miss you.
I might be too late -- but I am a Mac girl all the way. :)
P.S. Mentioned you in my post today because I thought of you while writing it :)
Oh my, and I was just planning to take a trip to St. Augustine with my begging bowl :) How are you dear? I have been so negligent in my blogging so please forgive me for being such a bad blog buddy. I don't know if you remember my post about my last laptop. It was a Compaq and it was diabolical. Just horrible. This one is an HP and after two years, it is in its death throes as well. I do use my laptop A LOT and am on it almost 14 hours a day so that may explain my experience with laptops. I don't think they are built for this kind of usage. They heat up too much, this one shuts down from heating up. I use an ice pack under it to prevent that. They both had to be sent back twice for repairs during the warranty period (one year). Keys used to pop off the last one, all the time. The batteries and power cords have to be replaced once each year or faster. If I had the funds I would probably go for a pricey Sony or Toshiba, so that's my input :)
I am a new woman with my laptop! I used to have to borrow my husbands and if I wanted to be on it of course he wanted to be on it. I have an HP Pavilion 3033 Entertainment Notebook. It is a dream.
I'm happy you had a nice visit! And I hope your computer woes clear up (I've had my share too, it's so frustrating).
And it's WE WHO READ YOU that have won the lottery! You really are a prize, and I appreciate so much that you stop by and visit, it means so much to me.
I hope you had a Blessed Thanksgiving and I hope this Holy Season brings you peace and joy.
Love to you,
Eileen
I have a Mac which I like for graphics, and a small Sony Vaio with a CD burner and lots of memory for travel. Love them both. Wish you had won the lotto!
Hi there my dear Sheila...
Dang........I so wish you HAD won the big one... Wouldn't that be the best fun? I always think how I'd love to spend it.....One of my favorite things would be to pay for purchases (secretly) for our Military folks...I just keep imagining how much fun that would be... telling the clerk "just add this to my card, but don't tell them".... I was going through the drive through at Starbucks recently and the gal told me my drink had been paid for by the fella in front of me. Oh how I'd love to have the cash to do that for lots and lots of folks...
I miss you dear one.......hope you're doing a great job of recuperating. Things are super, duper busy here, as usual.
Hope your electronic problem is solved sooooon.... I'm having software trouble with photos.......good grief. I have Picasa, but Microsoft saves a copy of each picture as well. I have about 49 gazillion pictures to go through and delete. Ditto, itunes.
Big hugs to you!
Lovies,
xoxoxox
S
I have a Mac Pro laptop and wouldn't have anything else Shelia. I can take it anywhere in the house, even to the bathroom. lol.
Good luck with whichever one you choose. And please hurry back! Hugs,
Sue
I like my laptop because I can take it anywhere in the house or outside on the porch to type and work... It's an HP... and all I know about it is... I turn it on, it loads up super fast and it works! I am, I must admit, tech challenged, but then that's what I have those 6-children for... all tech savy... all willing to help mom when she gets overwhelmed!
hugs to you Sheila... hope your tech problems get solved soon and you're back in action with us all!
Dixie
Wondering if you are still without your laptop??
I don't use a laptop, but my dh does, sometimes I have to use his, but I prefer my pc.
I hope all is well with you during the holidays!
Katherine
Well, my laptop has been earth too long...so I can't help you there. It is a Sony, but maybe that is a testament to how long they can last! LOL! My husband has a Macbook and LOVES it!
Glad you are home and had a wonderful trip! :)
Sorry for your computer troubles. :( Those can be painful.
I have a Dell laptop that I've put through hell and back and recently needed a desktop so I insisted on another Dell. Our son has a Mac which he loves (speed, no viruses, yadda-yadda-yadda) but I HATE the program. I hear you can use Windows with it, but until I see it, I'm sticking with my Dell, besides, I think Mac is overpriced.
Hope you are enjoying your holiday season in spite of all these details.
Blessings.
Missing you, Sheila. Hope things are coming together for you and that you're enjoying this holy season.
I've got an HP that we got at staples last Dec.....love it (so far!!) I'm guessing that you don't have one yet...maybe :) Hope all is treating you well! If we don't get to chat with you before, have a super Christmas Shelia!
Hi Sheila, sure do miss your wonderful posts! I have an ASUS laptop. I originally purchased a Sony Vaio & took it back within 48 hours. Just didn't like it. I had never heard of the ASUS but it had the keyboard I desired (spacess between the keys for a sloppy typer like me PLUS a numeric keypad on the right side - love this feature). It has been a dream. The graphics are superb (due to being a gaming computer, I found out later) & it has not let me down. Hope to see you up & running soon!!
Wags, Niki
Checking in with you again Dear Friend....hope you are having a wonderful Christmas Season and that you lack if posting is due to no computer and nothing more serious than that!
Take Care :)
Lou Cinda
I am sorry for the computer problems you are having -- it is beyond frustrating.
I love my MacBook Pro and would not use anything but a Mac.
Hope you are having a wonderful holiday season.
Ellen
BTW, you will not have to worry about using anti-virus software with a Mac because all the viruses are directed toward PCs!
Hi Sheila,
Stopping by to wish you a very merry Christmas and a happy and healthy new year.
Sam
CHRISTmas Blessings from my mountain top to your home…May it be the best one ever..Hugs and Love Gloria.
Just popping by to
wish you & yours a very Blessed & Merry CHRISTmas, Shelia!
I hope you are as healthy & happy & busy as I am!
Hugs,
Rett
Hope you had a merry Christmas and that you are doing well!!
Lou cinda
Just stopping by to wish you all the best for 2012 Shelia! We have treasured having you around to chat with :)
SHELIA!!! I've missed you!! Shoot! I thought you had hit the jack pot!
Glad your computer is up and running again! We have two Dells - the big pc upstairs and my laptop. So far, so good with them.
I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and I with you and Mr. Magpie a very Happy New Year!
Oh, we truly had the breath knocked out of us yesterday upon hearing about our little Carter! But praise God, she's home tonight and I've just talked with my daughter and Carter is playing and was about to go to bed!
Hope you get all of your 'things' under control!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0
Happy new year, dear S! Good health and many blessings!
Post a Comment