...from your blogging friend in exile!
Thank you so much for your comments and concerns. After some servicing for my virus control gone awry and a battery that went south the minute I got the computer back (a new battery had to be ordered during the Christmas rush!), my computer (a laptop) is back and seemingly on track for the time being. Not so sure I am, but I couldn't allow another day's passing without wishing each of you my best during this wonderful holiday season.
Since our camera was also MIA, we have no Christmas pictures this year, much to Cecelia's chagrin (she had sock monkey stories for you... we played "Hide the Sock Monkeys" no less than 300 times!), but all is not lost. I do have some pictures from the Christmas we had in February, remember? As well as some from two years ago, many of which I have not shared and some of which I have...
Being a pack rat comes in handy at times. To wit, note the letter "C" on the tree below. Someone was very upset that I couldn't find it to put on the tree this year. It's packed away deep in the recesses of the Christmas closet, and the other ones I found went on packages. But at least I have this to assure a certain someone whose name begins with the letter "C" that I do, indeed, still have one on my blog. I also have a peppermint-snitching pink pony from the looks of it. ;-)
That being said, I decided to share a recap of some of this blog's most viewed posts. Blogger only gives stats on the ten most viewed, so I'm adding a couple of other posts for a total of twelve, one for each day of Christmas (which runs from Christmas until the Feast Day of Epiphany on January 6).
It seems that most of the viewers enjoy reading tablescape posts, and that's one thing I enjoy doing. I noticed that a lot of the tablescapes I've shared are whimsical, so maybe next year I'll share some more formal ones with you if you like. Or as a friend of mine is apt to say, pull out the heavy artillery.
It takes all kinds, you know! ;-)
For now, I thought I'd start with the tablescape I most enjoyed creating, and of course, it has a nautical sensibility (one reason I love Florida so much). Additionally, I was honored to have this table selected as a feature on Completely Coastal (thanks, Maya!) some time back. The post is Number 12 and is entitled, "Nautical Notes: A Tablescape for Sea Lovers."
In addition to the fact that this table featured gifts from the sea, I liked the graphic quality of the runners. Basically I used things I had on hand, some of which were thrifted like the lobster plates and the knock-off dinner plates which, at one dollar apiece, do a credible job of echoing our more expensive pattern, Wedgwood's Nantucket. My credo? A festive table does not have to be expensive...
Please click HERE for the full post.
Number 11 on the list is a more serious post entitled, "America's Architectural Treasures: A Child of The Sun." This post features one of my long time passions, historic preservation, and takes the viewer on a tour of one of the largest collections of Frank Lloyd Wright designed buildings in one location, the campus of Florida Southern College. I chose this post because I think it is imperative that we focus on the importance of saving our architectural heritage, be it classical, vernacular, contemporary or organic (as Wright termed his designs) in nature.
For more information on this post, please go HERE.
Out of YOUR top ten most viewed posts, and on a lighter note, the Number 10 post is a tablescape called "A Very Merry Un-Birthday: Let's All Go To The Beach!"
This table is basically an homage to the beach, sunshine, and celebrating everydays (or un-birthdays) with its colorful melamine plates and tray as well as the Jamaican aqua tablecloth (actually a Target shower curtain). I think I found most of these cheery items on sale (which makes this tablescape even cheerier to me), and the bright graphics, resembling beach balls, perked up the doldrums of winter last year. Plus, who can resist a cute cupcake from Luli's? Not I! Luli's makes every day a very merry un-birthday.
For more on this table, please go HERE.
Number 9 on the list is a post called, "A Coastal Christmas: Part I."
This post, also graciously featured on Completely Coastal (thanks, Maya!), includes a variety of floral decorations executed by the Garden Club when they showcased our cottage, among others, on their Christmas tour. I gave them carte blanche to do what they wished, and they chose a nautical motif to compliment the cottage's coastal sensibility. The post features both exterior and interior coastal floral decor. Please go HERE to see more.
Number 8 on the list is called "English Countryside: A Tablescape."
This table features Mikasa's English Countryside pattern along with Mottahedeh's Duke of Gloucester mixed with all sorts of garden table elements such as roses, urns, sheep, and pagodas. For more on this tablescape, one of my favorites, please go HERE
Number 7 on the list of your favorites is a tablescape called, "A Birthday Celebration in Retrospect."
This post (also a favorite of mine due to the subject matter) features scenes from my mother in law's 80th birthday party, including the beloved octogenarian herself. To see the entire post, please go HERE.
Number 6 on the list is a post entitled, "Ladies Who Lunch: Table For Four."
This post features fine china and crystal along with a variety of Christmas accoutrements. I chose to feature my parents' china pattern in addition to various pieces of our china, evoking memories of happy Christmas dining. For more on this post, please go HERE.
Number 5 on the list is a post called, "Sunny Breakfast Tablescape."
This post was aptly named according to the comments and number of views received. A black and white tablescape featuring Wedgwood's Nantucket and John Tams' accent plates with fun accoutrements and pops of yellow, it is comprised of a sunny palette. For more on this post, please go HERE.
Number 4 on the list is a post called, "Spring Fling."
Again, this tablescape was aptly named with spring color abounding, and I feel honored to have had it featured on Mikasa's Facebook Wall HERE. (Thanks, Mikasa!) It was enough to make me consider joining Facebook. No, Facebook friends, I'm still not there yet, but at least I am "considering" it. ;-) Here's what they said about the table: "Spring is here and Easter is on its way! Visit the Quintessential Magpie today and check out her beautiful Spring inspired tablescape featuring English Countryside by Mikasa and a colorful quilt perfectly re-purposed as a tablecloth."
For more on this tablescape, which also includes Tracy Porter dessert plates (below), please go HERE.
Number 3 and counting is "A Delightful Tea Party and A Younger Than Springtime-Older Than Methuselah Birthday Celebration Prize!"
This post features a very cute children's tea served at the Camelia Rose Tea Cottage in Plant City, Florida, as well as photos of the honoree (my goddaughter, modeling her Lily Pulitzer shift), her best friend, and her grandmother who was also our hostess. The tea room provided hats for the young ladies who both donned pink ones (the tea room ladies are also pink fans). It was a delightful time had by all, including Cecelia's mother and I who aren't pictured. Mrs. Magpie doesn't do pictures, and Missy opted out, too. Bad hair day. ;-)
For more on this special post, please go HERE.
Number 2 on the hit parade is "A Coastal Christmas: Part II."
Again, feeling very honored when this post was featured on Completely Coastal (thanks, Maya!), the post continues the tour of our Vistorian retreat from the first portion above. Included is a tablescape the Garden Club designed featuring our Natucket china with the Christmas salad plates as well as some live greenery and other elements the ladies of the club added. They decorated the downstairs and four porches.
After the event and at the suggestion of my friend, Shell Belle (aka Rhonda), one fun tidbit I snuck on top of the tree the ladies decorated was a beach hat topper, and judging from the comments on Maya's blog seen HERE, several people thought it was fun, too. Mr. Magpie and I had to chuckle because this was a true beach hat and probably the most beat up hat we own (it was turned so you couldn't see the HUGE hole in the back where someone apparently sat on it and crushed the straw), but no one seemed to notice because it was the idea that counted. ;-)
More on that post by going HERE. Oh, and don't you think this would be cute with a burlap ribbon bow? They gave me an idea, and I'm heading to the craft store to see if they have that sort of ribbon!
Number 1 in terms of views has got to be there by virtue of the title alone: "Pardon My Bloopers!" Everyone enjoys bloopers, and my life is full of them, big and small. So I joined my friend Susan last year when she invited participants to 'fess up and share their tablescape bloopers for a New Year's post.

More on that post by going HERE.
And here are my 2011 Tablescape Bloopers. I'll join Susan at Between Naps on the Porch, if she's doing it again.
The Blooper Control caught this series of sneaky bloopers prior to publication. It all started when I spotted something pink in the bottom of the next picture. Oops! That pinkness would be my house slipper. The object with the moon tan would be my foot...
Then I looked at this picture and was so distracted by the mittens at first that I failed to notice the other pinkish thing at the bottom of the photo...
But this picture explained it. Try my pink plaid flannel pajama pants!
The pink slippers (and the pinkish cast they all threw on my moon-tanned feet) gave it away. ;-)
I guess the moral of this story is, you have to crack a few eggs in order to make an omelette!
And so that brings me to this part of the post...
GLANCING BACK AND LOOKING FORWARD
While 2011 has been one of the most difficult years of my life in terms of personal loss and losses for friends and loved ones, it also had its share of blessings. I'd like to take the opportunity now to count some of them.
Numbered among those high points are the fact that we had wonderful visitors from England (Linsday, Tim, and Jessica) whom we thoroughly enjoyed entertaining. I also got to see some other beloved blogging friends and break bread with them (Becky, Jane, Jeanne, Lisa, Rhonda, and Tammy). We had two Christmas celebrations... one in February and the recent one in December, celebrations I will cherish forever. We were able to celebrate Mr. Magpie's birthday with his delightful mother and family. That was a special treat when she surprised us this spring. And while I hated to miss a trip to Canada with the Summer Breeze Girls at Claudie's (thank you, Claudie, for the wonderful banner you and Julie made for me!) and two family weddings this summer, we welcomed two new family members, both married to cousins, and I couldn't be happier for all of them. I'm also happy that the Summer Breeze Girls had such a wonderful time together. Then Mr. Magpie made it through his surgical procedures with your prayers and those of other loved ones. Next, I was given a sock monkey birthday party by wonderful friends with a sock monkey cake and other decorations that were simply amazing. Addie and Cecelia helped plan it. I was able to help coordinate Cecelia's "Little House on the Prairie" celebration in return. Then we were able to entertain Cecelia and her little friends in St. Augustine when they came to visit for their Florida studies course in November, and we entertained the rest of the family group as well. Christmas celebrations were spent with people we love dearly, both in our home and in theirs. Others we sent love to over the miles.
Oh, and I won two blog drawings: some Gold Bond Lotion from Stephanie Lynn and a book, Maman's Homesick Pie, from Claudia... thanks so much, ladies!
So many blessings and too many to list here. Every day is a gift, and I cherish each and every one. As my childhood blessing says, "God is great, God is good! Let us thank Him for our food," and in this case, that means all of you. You are the very smile on the peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Only, a munchkin hasn't nipped off the edge of your chin. ;-)
That being said, I would be terribly remiss if I didn't share the fact that one of the most signifcant blessings from the year is the combined frienship, prayers, and love you extended to us. My prayer is that your love and generosity of spirit rebounds to you in manifold ways, now and throughout the year ahead.
In terms of 2012, I'm not sure when I am going to be able to return to blogging regularly, as my life has been altered in many ways. Primarily, I am finding myself with extra responsibilities to juggle. So I pray you will be patient with me as I make these adjustments and learn to wear some new hats.
Most of all, I miss reading your blogs and seeing what is going on in your lives, sharing your day to day news with you. So I am eager to read what you are doing. To that end, instead of posting here for the time being, I am going to take some of that free time I do have when I have it and visit you at your blogs. That's what I did for months before I had my own blog, and that's what I really enjoy most.
Have a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year! :-)
XO,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




74 comments:
Hello my friend!
I read your comment and thought - wait a minute, I think Sheila writes beautifully! And you do. Nothing wrong with a top ten post, my hat's off to you! I just don't have the energy or where-with-all to figure that out.
I find that writing takes practice. I think I'm a better writer than I used to be simply because I post so often. Some posts are better than others, that's for sure. I remember my high school's English program being rigorous. We didn't leave that school without knowing a great deal about grammar, writing, and spelling. And we knew how to write a good paper. I realize now that many students don't get that kind of education anymore and the sheer amount of texting, multi-tasking, etc. only makes it worse. I have friends who teach in college and say the change in their students is marked. They no longer are able to write, they have trouble memorizing (not good in theater) and they have real problems concentrating. Because of this high-tech age we're living in, their brains and synapses are differently wired than ours. One friend is going to have to include a section in her acting course on how to memorize.
Yes, this world has so much that's new and exciting, but a lot is being lost because of it.
Happy New Year!
xo
Claudia
How fun to see your post on my dashboard. I've missed you Sheila. Somehow it's not the same without you and all of the smiles you share with us. Remember, it's the quality not the quantity of posts that count.
Love your seaside Christmas decorations, especially the greenery with the white star fish. Might have to borrow that idea.
Happy new year to you and Mr. Magpie. May 2012 bring you good health and much happiness.
Sam
Good to see your post. Your tablescapes are so nice. Even if you don't post, be sure to still take the pictures. Wishing peace and happiness for the new year.
So happy to see you back! I enjoyed reviewing your tablescapes...lovely!
Hi Sweet Sheila!
It's wonderful to see you post again. I truly enjoy the way to write...the way you express yourself. It's almost like sitting with you and chatting at the table...and you know how much I love doing that. (We need to do this again, soon!)
I understand what you...and Claudia...mean about writing. It does take a lot of practice. And our poor children are not getting the much-needed instruction in the classroom. When I see the comments on FB, I am appalled at the mistakes in spelling and grammar (and I am not referring to the abbreviations we use in tech-speak). This lack of skills is also prevalent in the quality of the resumes we receive. It's cost many candidates possible jobs...
I thoroughly enjoyed the recap of your year in blogging...and in friendships. Yes, it's been a difficult year for you, but you have persevered and made it through...with grace.
I look forward to our next get-together...hopefully, soon!
Happy New Year!!!
xoxo
Jane
Oh dear Sheila....I have not stopped in here for ages...I apologize for that. I really enjoyed your year in review post today.....and I will surely miss you if you don't blog a little. Life does somehow have a habit of getting in the way at times....and we all understand.
Post and check in when you can.
Stay well....both you and Mr. Magpie.
xo
Jo
Love the nautical ones, but I remember the un-birthday!!! Cool concept:@) Happy New Year Sheila, wishing you all the best in 2012!
What a fun time to review the year with you! We remember everyone of these posts and are just so thankful that we have gotten to know you better this year! We pray that the new year heaps many blessings upon you in 2012 dear Shelia!
Karla & Karrie
WOW that was so much work Mrs. Magpie. Great job as usual. It was like the ball coming down on N.Y. 10.9, 8, 7,6,5,4,3,2,1, HAPPY NEW YEAR from Canada to you and Mr. Magpie.
Thank you for being our happy little birdie through thick and through thin.
May 2012 bring happier times for both of us. Seems as we get older, we always seem to have some bad news lurking around the corner : (
Sending you sweet love in sunny Fla.
Love You
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxoxo
I was THRILLED to see your post, my friend!! And what a great post...the year in review and the bloopers {good to see that I am not the only one running around in my jammies half the day!!}. I was sorry to see that I missed some of your tablescapes but now I know where to find them. They all look gorgeous!
I hope to see you blogging soon, that would mean that things are going well and for that I pray.
Wishing you much health and happiness in the coming New Year!!!
XO,
Janie
Oh my goodness where the heck have you been? I'm so glad that you are alive and kicking!!!
Well I know not only could I not do any of the gorgeous table scapes - write the post and post all these gorgeous pictures - it must take you hours and hours to do them.
Have to say they are gorgeous - all of them - I could not have picked the top ten of yours - because I loved them all. I enjoyed looking at them all over again. Don't have a favorite.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year my friend.
sandie
Sheila, great fun to have you back! Love looking back at these Top Twelve. Thanks for pulling this all together.
Hugs ~ sarah
Sheila, So glad you are wired again! Missed your posts. I think the English Countryside is my favorite of all you top 10. It's just so serene and peaceful and lovely. Thanks for you kind comments. Wishing you and your family the best in the upcoming year. Dianne
Dear Sheila... You are a treasure among bloggers... thanks for sharing some of your posts from 2011... with my absence from blogging in 2011, I can see I missed some special posts... I'll be going back to read them now...
I'm wishing you and Mr. Magpie, a year filled with joy, peace and an abundance of good health and love.
God's blessings to you. Dixie
I hope that 2012 is a better year. What a lovely post and I know how long it must have taken to put it together! I remember so many of these. Don't worry about not being able to blog as much - that is the most lovely thing about blogging - you can do it when you want and end when you want and even start up again if you told us you were all done! It's yours to do with as you please.
I love that even though this has been such a tough year, you were able to find so many wonderful things to mention and so many beautiful memories to repost. That was my resolution the past two years - to see the glass as half full, especially since we are in the building industry and it is worse now than ever. May we both be blessed to be able to see the glass as half full. A very Merry Christmas to you and also a Happy New Year also!
Jacqueline
I was so happy to see you'd posted! Happy New Year, Sheila!
Brenda
I am so glad to hear from you!! I am glad you are back with new computer stuff and all....and some Christmas things seem to hide and take a year off...that is my reasoning! Have a great New Year...talk to you soon!!
Hello, Dearie Dear! =]
Here I am, on the eve of New Year's Eve - DETERMINED to blog about Christmas this year. I've been working on what photos I have - You've just given me hope - I'd forgotten about the twelve days!;)
and, I've been thinking about you. "In bloggy exile" is a good way to put it. =( Me, too!
Well, but, then, I look at your year in review and I remember fondly so many of these posts. =] and, there are one or two gobsmacker pretty tables that I've missed. Like found treasure...
Mostly, Sheila, I just love your down to earth humour!!! You always make me smile - ALWAYS! You're just a jolt of joy - even when things get tough for you. Maybe, it's just because I plain ol' like you and I do truly wish you a lovely New Year - full of wonderful things!
Love,
Katy xoxo
So happy to see you back, glad the 'puter is fixed! Missed you!
Nice fresh look to your blog! I'm not posting as much either. A lot of people are slowing down, some even quitting. I've been subscribing and reading those, not doing many comments, just replies!
Happy New Year!
Katherine
Sheila, I have missed you and was delighted to see this beautiful message from you. Your lovely pictures ... and even lovelier way with words ... always brighten my days.
May the new year bring you and Mr. Magpie good health, peace, and much happiness in everything you do.
Dearest Sheila! What a wonderful post! Now you know I'm a big fan and love everything you do! I know this was a lot of work to pull all this together!! :) We are so wonderfully blessed and I'm thankful the Lord has brought you and your family through so many things this year! Glad Mr. Magpie is up and running too!
Now here's to another year in Blogland with you!! ;)
Thank you so much for your concern about our little Carter! She is home now and did pretty well yesterday. She still has a low grade fever but my daughter keeps poking the meds in her the hospital told her to (baby Motrin and swapping off with baby Tylenol). She all runny nosed and couching and praying that will all go away soon.
Love you and Happy New Year!
You are the sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Ahhh, now I can begin the new year, I've had my magpie fix. I've spent a delightful hour going back over the older posts and admiring all that you do. Your tables are always fabulous and so clever, and I feel like I'm right there with you.
May this new year give you strength and energy for all that comes your way - and may much happiness fill the year to the brim.
Gotta love that Monkey birthday party!!
Hello dear Shelia,
How wonderful to hear from you, and thank you for these memories, I was nodding and saying, "yes, I remember." I have been missing you so much, but completely understand. I long for the time when you are able to be back blogging regularly, but for now will try and be happy with your short visits. Your sunshine is missed here in blogland.
praying for continued health, healing of heart and much happiness, and many blessings in this new year.
Love,
Sue
I was just so happy to see a post for the end of the year. Such fun to revisit previous ones. I wish you the best with your new responsibilities. Happy New Year!
What a lovely year! I am so glad you did this post. I have been an absent blogger this year so I missed these. What truly lovely tables you have had! Happy New Year!
Hoping 2012 is good to you and yours!
Hugs, Lisa
BEAUTIFUL SHEILA!!!
YOU TOO? YOU TOO were invited to be at the Summer Breeze gathering? So was I. I was so sad to not be able to afford the trip, but the kindness of Claudie and the other women to make us those banners will remain an act of kindness that I will fondly look at and remember.
THANK YOU DEAR ONE for coming to pay ME a visit...HAPPY NEW YEAR and I truly wish you the best and only GAINS in blessings this year! Anita
Hello dear Sheila, This post was worth waiting for. When you decide to post something it is always a humdinger. I read the whole post twice. I didn't want to miss a thing.
It is awesome by anyone's standards and I love the top '12' so much. Your photos are all beautiful and I love your sense of fun and humor my dear friend.
Most of all it is wonderful to know you are more like the Sheila I know and love. The stress of this past year is hopefully in the past for good. This includes your laptop troubles. Sigh! I pray that the New Year is happy and healthy for you and your loved ones.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts and blessings in such a delightful way.
Blessings and love to you my dear friend,
Jeanne xo
I love seeing your posts again, Sheila. I have missed them and I missed you. I can't wait to see a formal tablescape from you although I love all your whimsical ones too. Happy New Year and I am so glad you got to meet my granddaugthter. Thanks for the nice comments about her...Christine
God's blessings for a new year of days in His comfort.
Continue to shine your light, Sheila.
Oh Sweet Friend!!
How I have missed you!! I have wanted to call on soooo many occasions, only to be distracted or pulled away by other responsibilities. SIGH...
Love your top twelve...always a joy to read what you put together!! This year has been quite a year, huh??
Our #3 daughter is now engaged and getting married on April 7.
Today, daughter #2 called from Savannah to let us know she is now engaged, too! Oh my mother's heart!
This time next year our home will be much emptier...with just the three of us left. Soooo weird! But wonderful all at the same time!!
I still have to get your phone to you!! And would love to hug your neck and chat!! I'll be in touch to see what you're up to, ok?
Praying for an easier year for you sweetie, and that it will be filled to the brim with God's richest blessings.
Love you bunches!!
Becky
Shelia it is so fun to see this top 12 posts and your thoughts about 2011. It was a wonderful year and a very hard sad year for so many...me included. Here's hoping 2012 brings us much Joy. Hugs, Linda
Hi Sheila
I LOVED re-visiting your beautiful tablescapes today. Tim, Jessica and I feel honored to have experienced them for real last year. We had an amazing time meeting you and Mr Magie and it was the highlight of 2011 for us. We wish you both health and happiness in 2012 and look forward to continuing our friendship.
Lindsay, Tim & Jessica
xxx
Good Morning and Happy New Year Sheila!
I was so happy to hear from you and see this post too!
I loved seeing the highlights, what amazing tables you have set!
Your life has been very hectic this year and I pray for a more peaceful and serene New Year for you!
Thanks for your sweet comments too!
I know about transitions well, my goodness my hubby and I are practically raising Addison and boy has that changed our lives!
Best wishes and big hugs and I hope to hear from you more often too!
Cindy
Wonderful post! I enjoyed seeing all of your tablescapes and posts from the past year. You have so many nice things too! (Your tablecloths, dishes, etc.) And you always put out such lovely floral arrangements in your tablescapes. You always do a beautiful job. And, on the "mushy" side of it: I am so grateful for meeting you and getting to know you these past couple of years. You are a lovely, giving person and I am a better person having gotten to know you! I wish you (and Mr. Magpie) much happiness and good health for 2012, and I hope you win the Lottery too! (re: your previous post - LOL!) Love you, Mrs. Magpie!
Best,
Gloria
You are very loved, Mrs. Magpie. May 2012 be as close to wonderful as can be. I am thinking teensy bits of crap, 'cause there always is some of that, and LOADS of the good stuff. There, that could be realistic, right?
Hugs,
Lisa
Dearest Mrs. Magpie,
What a beautiful post today. I have missed these! I have enjoyed getting to know you this last year through all of your delightful posts. You are a blessing!
I missed a couple of those, so I shall go back and check them out.
Love and hugs, Cindy
Happy New Year Sheila...it was so wonderful to hear from you! Wishing you all your heart desires in 2012!
♥, Susan
My darling friend, we both had quite a year in 2011, but I just know in my heart that 2012 is going to bring us much happiness and joy!
I'm glad we have both returned to our blogging world, where friends send us hugs and bring smiles to our faces. It is difficult to get back into the "swing" of things, but we shall persevere here and in our "other" lives.
You know I love you to pieces and as soon as things calm down, we need to get together. I'm thinking of packing a picnic lunch and going over to the TECO plant at Apollo Beach to see the manatees. I watched the live cam yesterday and they are starting to arrive for the warm water. Let me know if you'd like to go.
Love your top Twelve, and as for the hat with the hole, that only adds personality!
Much Love and Tons of Hugs
Well,I am all is well with you and your hubby. It was nice reviewing some of your past posts. But I don't remember the sock monkey birthday party--I think I may have missed it. !
I can't believe we made it to 2012.
Happy New Year, Sheila!
Sheila, I love your tablescapes so much. Even if you bring out the heavy artillery soon, please don't ever stop with the whimsical ones. :) Love your bloopers...soooo funny. I've taken many a pic with my feet showing...heavy cropping done later. lol Happy New Year, sweet friend, to you and Fred!
If anyone is a bloggy friend in exile it's me! Ugh. What. A. Year. (Where did it even GO?!?).
I'm glad to check in and get your very thorough update. Not sure when/if I'll ever get back to blogging (though I sure would like to show off my attic reno to more than just the people related to me!) but I'm hopeful that work/life balance enters my world in 2012. But enough about me... :-)
I'm wishing you, Mr. Magpie and all of your little friends (feathered and other) a happy, HEALTHY and love-filled 2012. With much love from the shorehouse...Laura
As I have been slowlllly eeking back into computer land, it was wonderful to see a post from my favorite Magpie on the dashboard.
I remembered just about every one of those posts, especially the Christmas one and the English countryside one.
I never stop missing your posts and have thought about (and prayed for) you so often as I would scroll down the homepage list.
I pray that 2012 is MUCH MUCH better for you than the year we're leaving behind and that God changes the scenery in a way that brings you to Blog Land more than you anticipate.
Happy New Year, Sheila. May you be pleasantly surprised in the year to come.
I enjoyed the recap of your favorite posts! As each one rolled over the screen, I thought "this one is my favorite," until the next one appeared, and then it was my favorite ...and so the cycle continued! :) You are one very talented lady!
I hope and pray that 2012 will be much better for you and your family! May God richly bless you in the coming year! And post when you can! I always enjoy whatever you have to share!
So good to hear from you and see a post, letting me know all is well...just BUSY!! I love each and every top 12 things...
Wishing you a Wonderful and Joyous New Year!!
Lou Cinda
Happy New Year Dear Friend! It was so nice to see you comment on my blog! I have missed you sooooooo much! I love reading your blog. Grace xoox
Mrs. Magpie!!
This post is certainly a welcome sight. I hope you are back to blogging again soon. You have no idea how much I miss your posts.
Happy New Year ~
Adrienne
Hello again, Sheila! Wow! All those great tables! I totally drooled over all the pretty dishes and food!
I read every word. You made me laugh, made me think, made me tear up a little and made me very thankful for having met you along the way. I pray that you will find 2012 to be a year that is more joyous and less stressful. Happy New Year!
Sheila I enjoyed this posting so so much!! The Nautical themes and the Sunny Breakfast table are my faves!
Wishing You and Yours all the Best in 2012!
I hope you will enter my Giveaway from Serena & Lily.
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
Happy New Year, Sheila! Loved the review and all of your beautiful photos!
Wishing you many blessings for the new year!
Hugs,
Donna
I loved seeing your wonderful highlights, Sheila! I miss seeing you around blogland, but I understand about extra responsibilities! I hope that your 2012 is off to a great start! Happy Saturday!...hugs...Debbie
So, so glad you're back! Love so many things from those posts!
Thanks so much for the mentions, Sheila!!! Hope all is well..., and the New Year has been good so far!
I loved seeing every one of those posts,especially the English countryside one, Shelia! That was my very most favorite!
I have prayed for you so often & hope that 2012 is MUCH better for you, both health wise & time wise.
We would miss your posts if you quit completely. Even if you just post every few months, to touch base & let others know you're doing okay, it would be nice. We worry, ya' know.
Hugs,
Rett
Sheila, you are highly love in blogland. I'm glad to see you back. Oh my goodness, that pastel sock monkey is too cute. Yes, I want one. ;)
Love all your tablescapes, especially the coastals, loved the lobster. I also love the shabby tree top hat. It's supposed to be worn and imperfect for a true beach feel. Thought that tree was genious and can't wait for next Christmas to make one for my beach room.
Love ya!
I'm not blogging so regularly myself. Loved this post remembered so many of these events. I love your sock monkey! Those ducks are so cute I may be hunting baby ducks this year. Hope you are both well!!! lots of love to you.
My deareat Sheila,
Lovin' this post sweet chickie.... so much fun to see your glorious tablescapes. I just don't have the patience to pull it all together like you do.
Wishing you a wonderful 2012. I miss you.
xoxox
S
Hello my dear -- just wanted to say a big hello! I have missed your blog while I've been away from the blogosphere. Glad to be back and catching up on the posts of yours that I missed. This one was lovely, as always. Hope you are well. xo
Jenny
www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com
Hi Sweet Lady!
Just wanted to tell you that you flitted across my mind this morning...
...and it made me smile!
Hugs and Happy Friday to you!
I found your blog through a link on another and totally love it.
These tablescapes are fabulous. Hope you share more with us.
Janice
Just dropping in to say hello. Are you ok? I hope all is well.
CC is going to be in St. Augustine in April. I do hope you can meet her for lunch or dinner. I think she sent you an email. We talked on the phone today and was wondering if I had heard from you....
Miss you
xoxo
I don't normally look at tablescapes, but your Christmas dishes are gorgeous!
I've also never looked at my blog for bloopers before but I bet there are a ton. Love your pink slippers! lol
Hello Shelia~ It's always nice stopping by for a visit.
I enjoy your posts and the eye candy you so generously share, not only for the eye but the palette as well. How fun venturing back through your archives. despite the bloopers we all encounter, the outcome is always rewarding.
i hope you're off to a healthy, happy start this new year.
I hope you can stop by to see the Valentine surprises I've got in stored. This week starting with...Pain au Chocolat with a Valentine twist. I'll put the kettle on for a nice cup of tea.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Sheila,
I am trying to get back into blogging myself. I hope that circumstances permit you to get back to blogging, since you are such a talented and creative writer that always makes me laugh out loud.
Hugs from Heidi
I miss you Mrs. Magpie and I wish you well! Happy Valentine's Day!
Hello, Sheila, dear friend,
I have been away from blogland myself for quite a while. Major changes have taken place in my life. I always enjoy visiting you, and I especially enjoyed reminiscing over your past posts! I am thinking about you and praying all is going well. Thank you for your kind visits to Bunny Cottage. Love, Vicki
She, So sorry I missed this earlier. I enjoyed looking back with you as you shared some of your previous posts. Some I remembered and some were new. All were so lovely, colorful and exhibited your indomitable spirit.
I pray that you are well my friend.
Blessings, Ginger
Hi Sheila! Just thinking about you and I hope you are doing ok...Christine
Where oh where have you gone???
Checking in and hoping all is well!!
Lou Cinda xoxoxo
Not sure why this appeared in my bloglines list today - the date is way off - but I sure enjoyed the trip back through your top ten again!!!
Hello dear Sheila, My goodness, it has been way too long since we have been in touch. I have missed you and your comment has made my day.
Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes for our Ashley. We are in Kissimmee right now to celebrate Ashley's birthday and to go to a Gator game tomorrow.
Your top ten is awesome and it so much fun to read your awesome post. Just like old times I loved it all so much. Especially your blessings Shelia. I am so glad things are going better for you. I need to know how to send you an email. Please write me and then I will have your new one.
We drove all day to get here and I am beat. I'll be in touch again soon I hope.
Blessings and love.
Jeanne
PS, I tried to get to you from another post the other day and your link took me to a strange site.
Blessings, this morning to you!
What a precious comment you have left for me to read and reread. It is so obvious that you love the Lord. You have gifted me with the sweetest fragrance with your kind words.
I have enjoyed spending time on your blog so much.
I do hope you have the loveliest of days, my dear new friend!
Carolynn xo
Sheila,
Beautiful penny rug over at Brenda's. How sweet and thoughtful of you. A blessing!
Post a Comment