Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Monday, December 3, 2012

BIG NEWS! I Just Got Word From England That Catherine, the Duchess of Cambridge is pregnant!

And this time, it's for real!  Yes, Prince William is going to be a father, and this child will be the third in line to the British throne.  They recently changed the primogeniture law that had male children ahead of the females in line.  I think I read somewhere that England has had far fewer queens, but they reigned far longer and more successfully than their male counterparts.  So, whether a boy or a girl, this child is BIG NEWS.  Congratulations to the young couple and their family and to the people of Great Britain on this wonderful news!

This is the best news I've heard in a long, long time, and I could not be happier for the royal couple.  Thanks to Linsday and Gloria for tipping me with the scoop.  Don't you know that Princess Diana would be thrilled!  I hope if it's a girl, they name her Diana.  One bit of concern, though, is that Kate has been admitted to the hospital with a serious form of morning sickness. So let's all keep her in our prayers.

Okay, that's the big news. On a different note, I am still having blogging issues and had to log in three time to get my reading list back. Furthermore, I've been trying to visit you all on this borrowed IPAD, and I have been leaving a string of typos all over the internet.  Yikes!  For all of you who have asked, I am slated to get a new computer for Christmas and maybe I can find the right type of device to enable me to download pictures onto it.  Right now, the camera cord is missing, and this type seems to be difficult to find.  But Katie Scarlet is going to worry about that tomorrow.  ;-)

In the mean time, I am wishing everyone the Merriest Christmas and the Happiest Hannukkah ever!

XO,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

Please click below for a link to the Washington Post's article on the Royal Baby:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/palace-says-prince-william-duchess-of-cambridge-expecting-first-child/2012/12/03/e5513450-3d64-11e2-8a5c-473797be602c_story.html

76 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

Sheila, thank you so much for letting us in on the BIG NEWS! I did not know, and yes indeed, it is very exciting. Long live the Queen! and congratulations to her on the joyful news of her great grandchild. And of course congrats to William and Kate!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That is great news! I heard today too, and I was thrilled.
Sheila, I so hope you can get your computer issues solved, we all miss you!
Big Hugs and Merry Christmas and all that good stuff!
Cindy

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Whooopeee! That is exciting news. :-) Won't they just have an adorable child? She's a lovely girl and I'm looking forward to seeing that little cutie.

Now, about your camera cord... I don't use one at all.. I have SD slots in my computer and in my printer. You just pop that memory card right in there and VOILE! Pix on your computer. I use Picasa so they go right into that account. It might be worth a shot???

xoxoxoxox

S

Lynn said...

Big smiles over the baby news! I was so lucky to watch the wedding and they seem like such a great couple!
Hope Santa treats you well with the new computer and that you get the camera issue worked out Sheila. Merry Christmas to you too:@)

Millie said...

Thanks for dropping by today. Yes we heard the news, and hope all goes well for the Royal couple. For us in Canada, the news is special....this baby will be 3rd in line to the throne

Sue said...

I really think the big news is that you are getting a new computer and will be back with us-but I do think it will be fun to watch all the hoopla that surrounds this new baby!

SmilingSally said...

Yes, the news of her pregnancy is all over the TV. It is exciting. But more exciting is you blogging!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sheila! Yes, I just heard that news myself! :-) So sorry you are still having issues! We miss you here in blogland! Hugs...Debbie

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

Great news, can't wait to see if it's a boy or girl!

I hope you get your computer problems worked out soon.

Are you going to the St. Aug. B&B Home Tour this weekend? A friend is coming to visit me and we hope to go.

Katherine

The Decorative Dreamer said...

Oh this is wonderful news! Thanks so much for telling us. I love this couple. Really, I do! It's so funny because I'm not really into the whole British royalty thing and never was a huge follower of Princess Diane but I just LOVE hearing everything about this couple. I will definitely keep them in my prayers and you too! I'll be praying you get all your computer issues resolved soon! Hang in there!

Ivory Spring said...

Sheila!

Thanks for the tip --- you know, I had suspicion when I saw her pictures of her last couple of engagement. She just looked a wee bit fuller. I thought that since Queenie and the Duke made it through their 65th anniversary was the perfect way to round out the Jubilee year.... now William's baby will be even MORE perfect!

Oh.... the camera cord -- my advise is --- it will show up eventually, hahahaha. Can you tell I have been there and done that?! :) I think it must be common among dishaholics - we can recount in our sleep exactly what piece we have for each of our collections, but we can't remember the simplest things. :)

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

I think the whole world is smiling. And I'm smiling that you are getting a new computer and will be back soon. Have a very merry Christmas and happy new year Sheila. And welcome back! We've all missed you.
xo,
Sam

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Magpie,

I'm excited to hear from you. Thanks for letting us know about the royal bun and for letting us know you will be blogging again after Christmas. I'm glad. We've all missed you!!

Adrienne

Decor To Adore said...

I too am over the moon!

Poor Princess, let's hope she get the rest and care she needs.

Chatty Crone said...

Okay here I am = and I did here that on GMA this morning. Did you know she is in the hospital because of severe morning sickness? She is getting fluids. I am glad to see you here. I hope you get things fixed soon.
Love, sandie

Cindy said...

I am so happy for the young couple! I hope and pray that everything goes well with this pregnancy.
I hope you are well, my dear, and so glad to hear that you should be getting a new computer. You need one!
Have a great day. Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheila, I sure hope Santa is good to you and brings you everything you need for easier keeping up with us. :) Can you use a card in your camera?

Debbie said...

I saw the news yesterday, and I'm thrilled! I think they are the most adorable couple.

I'm excited that you're getting a new computer over Christmas! Woohoooo! I hope to see in you Blog Land again soon.

Ann said...

I'm happy for you too---a new computer and you can get back with us all. I've read all your comments on my posts and glad I can comment back today. Have a super day.
ann

xinex said...

Glad to see a new post from you, Sheila. I am so happy with the news too. They are a very spexcial couple to me cause they were married on John's and my birthday, April 29th. Buy a computer with a built in slot for a memory stick and a regular disk. Most Sony Vaios have them and some other computers too. It makes it so much easier to download photos, no cord is needed. Always pleased to get a visit from you, Sheila....Christine

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hurray!!! You posted and I love your scoop. I am a great admirer of the royal family. Especially Princess Diana's boys. I hope all goes well with Kate's pregnancy. I bet they are hoping for a boy. Smile.

Sheila, I am so hoping you receive your new computer. The computer problems you have suffered would drive me nuts. A short trip. HA!

I love when you visit and I am sorry I have neglected my friends quite a lot this year. Life has and always has, been busy. This year more than most. I am looking forward to 2013 and the winter months that allows us to slow down and relax more.

I hope you are well and life is good. We will be gone until after Christmas for this cruise we are taking. Thank you so much for your good wishes. We appreciate it so much.

Have a wonderful Christmas and hopefully a smooth holiday without any major events to be a worry to you Sheila. You have had enough of life's ups and downs this past year.

I am sending you best wishes for happy days ahead.
Love,
Jeanne

Jenny said...

I'm even more thrilled that you posted today!

It just made me almost clap my hands when I saw you in my sidebar!

Happy December 4th!

Sarah said...

Oh, it's good to see a post from you. I've loved seeing comments again recently. Good to know you are still in touch. ;-)
A new computer.....YEA. I've missed our Magpie!
Hugs to you, dear friend.........Sarah

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Such great news! I hope she feels better soon.

akawest said...

If all of the bloggers asked, I bet they'd make you an honorary grandma. You're the best. They'd be lucky to have you!

Merry (getting closer) Christmas!

Hugs,
Lisa

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila, I am with Lisa, you should be an honorary Grandma to Baby Royal :) Glad you were as happy as I was with the news. Most people over here seem delighted. Glad she is out of hospital now. Lovely to see a post from you. Miss you lots.
Lindsay
x

BECKY said...

Hey Hey lovely Sheila! So great to hear from you! I so wish I could come up for the lights, but way too much going on! And I so agree with Sally...it's way bigger news that you are back in blogland!! :o)
{you are royalty to us, you know?}

I am going to give you a buzz soon!
Maybe I can come up and help you with your computer and photo issue.
I'm closing the shop through the holidays, but have two girls that will be giving birth in January!!! I'll try!

Love to you, gal!
Becky

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Shelia, so sorry you're having blog issues. That is just so frustrating. It is so exciting about the new royal heir. I'm sure that will be a beautiful baby. Thanks so much for your prayers for our little one. laurie

Shabby Brocante, Karen said...

Sheila, I am so excited to follow the news on their baby. Boy or girl, this baby with be gorgeous :) It's exciting. I love the royal family!
Karen

nannykim said...

Oh, glad you will be getting a new computer--not long to wait now. I hope it will be fully ready to go when you are! Wish you were not missing the cord you need for pictures. Have you checked ebay?

I heard about the up and coming baby; but I feel terrible about the suicide of her nurse.

Cathy at Wives with Knives said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your family, Sheila. I think this is big news too and it will be fun to watch the pregnancy and all the hoopla when the baby arrives.

Savannah Granny said...

Well hello dear Lady, Seems we have been on different planets lately. I am so glad to see that you are back into blogging as well. I will have to be careful not to stress over being stressed.
Isn't is sad about the junk going on around the young royal couple. They deserve to be left alone. I think William will be much more protective that his father.
If you are shopping for a computer you might consider a Mac. It works with the iPad, iPhone seamlessly. I am going out on a limb here but, I have always used Mac. I have never been hacked, crashed nor have I had any trouble with my computer. I have been using Macs for almost twenty years. Just a suggestion.
I am so glad to hear from you, dear friend. Hope everyone's health is good. Blessings, Ginger

Savannah Granny said...

Hi, It's me again. I just noticed Rue's Peanut Butter And Jelly Life on your sidebar. Do you know what became of Rue. She was the first blog I followed. When she went private I was out of the country and didn't get on the list for those who wished to be included. I have often thought about her. She is such a nice lady,
Bye now, Ginger

Jacqueline said...

So excited! I saw that on the gossip magazines but have been seeing that since they got married.

Sorry to hear you are having continued trouble, but glad that Santa is getting you a new computer!

Pattie @ Olla-Podrida said...

It is going to be such fun watching the progression and, of course, a whole new member of the Royal Family to watch!

April said...

Hi, dear Sheila!
You've been so good about visiting me...so thrilled I can now repay the favor in kind! Yes, I heard the news about a 'royal' baby on the way. Very exciting, to say the least! Just hope things go well with the pregnancy as I'd hate to have everything blasted in the news for the world to see.

Sure have missed you in Blogland! Can't wait until you return for good! Big hugs, my friend!

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh...Diana as a Nana. What a beautiful thought. No doubt she's smiling down from heaven and beaming with heavenly joy.

You are so fun...you make me smile.

Love, Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! Oh, thanks again for popping in and I hope you're having a wonderful week. I'm sure your weather is marvelous. We actually had a day in the 50s. I've jut loved it.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hi Sheila, It has been such a pleasure to see your comments and good wishes for our trip. Thank you so much for your sweet compliments.

We are just finishing packing tonight. We weighed in at about 40 lbs. for each large bag. We are allowed 50 so we are ok. Winter clothes weigh so much. We leave on Thursday. Whew, packing for 2 weeks is a hard job.

Merry Christmas once again.
Love, Jeanne

bj said...

Hi, Quintessential Magpie...
Gosh, I've never seen anyone having so much trouble with their blog or computer...and for so looong. Bless your heart...hope ole St. Nick has a new laptop in his sack for you this year. :))

Such sad news regarding the nurse at the butt of that horrible prank call when Kate was in the hospital. I am sure there were issues far more devastating than that call that made the nurse want to end her life. So so sad.

Hope you have a merry and bright Christmas....

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

The news of the exoected Royal baby is very exciting. but I have to admit being more excited about the impneding birth of my daughter's first baby and my first granddaughter in February, Sheila! :)

Have a very Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Good news! I saw Santa today and put in a good word with him about how you need some new electronics. I told him what a good girl you have been all year. :) xo

Maison Mutt said...

Goodness Sheila, What a terrible problem you are having with technology! I certainly am honored that you were able to make it on & visited LITTLE OLD ME! I've been a terrible blogess & have just been so darned busy that all I can do is post dog food recalls (which is becoming a side business with all the recalls lately). Wishing you & yours the best of the holiday season!
Wags, Niki

Decor To Adore said...

Hello my friend.

I see that you are a member of the Hope Unlimited thrive team.

On Monday I will be doing a special blog post. Feel free to spread the word. :)

Have a holly jolly day!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi sweet Sheila! Oh no! Computer problems are bad enough but blog problems are horrific! The only issue I have had is that all of a sudden I was getting a gazillion spam comments, which has never really happened before like that. Maybe one or two here and there, but blogger usually recognize them and "detained" them in cyber jail. So with that, I HAD to turn on the nasty verification word thingy...one that my old eyes have a hard time seeing...but that took care of the spam coming through.

Thank you for the nice comment you left for me today. Made my day! And as for Kate and William, I am so happy for them. Sorry to see that the media is invading their privacy so much...like Diana.

Have a lovely Christmas! Big hugs,
Becky

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!! You're back! I am so excited.
Or maybe not??
I'll keep hoping!

Vicki said...

Hi, Sheila, dear friend,
Yes, this is wonderful news for the royal family! Anytime a new life is coming into our world there is cause for celebration!! I am glad you are back with us once again. I am wishing you and hubby and your entire family a very merry Christmas!! Love and blessings to you~Vicki

The Charm of Home said...

Merry Christmas to you and Mr. Magpie Shelia!
Sherry

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Thank-you Sheila for your kind words and moral support too!
Here's wishing you and Mr. Magpie a joyous Christmas and a Happy 2013!
Hugs dear friend,
Cindy

Eddie Bluelights said...

Yes good news about our lovely Royal Couple.

Wishing you a wonderful Christmas, Sheila, and a very Happy New year ~ God Bless ~ Eddie x

Southern Lady said...

Just stopping by to wish you and Mr. Magpie Christmas happiness ... and the best in the coming year.

Millie said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Sheila! Wishing you and your family the most wonderful Christmas and New Year!! Love to all, Karla & Karrie :)

Unknown said...

Stopping by today to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas.

I miss you here in the land of Blog. It's not the same without your weekly stories.

Love you.

Karen

Gypsy Heart said...

Just had to stop by and wish you a very Merry Christmas! So sorry you're having computer problems still and now, no email. Bah, humbug!

Let me know when all is fixed, ok?

xo
Pat

Rebecca Nelson said...

Blessings to you sweet friend for a beautiful Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Your bloggie ALWAYS makes me smile and you are just tooo funny!

Thinking of you and wishing you well.

Love, Rebecca

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Merry Christmas, Sheila!

I hope 2013 is a happy one for your and your family!

Betzie said...

Have a great Christmas Sheila! ;)
Betzie

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Thank you for your visits to my blog. I miss you and hope you'll return to our blogging world in the new year. In the meantime I'm wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas and the happiest of new years Sheila.
Sam

Anonymous said...

Merry Merry and a fabulous New Year Sheila. Hope Santa is good to you tonight! Looks like I live near your relatives. We are about 1/2 way between Richmond and Charlottesville. The UVA area is such pretty horse country as well as having some famous singers and actors that live there with farms and vineyards. :)

nannykim said...

Have a blessed Christmas and may all your computer dreams come true as well!

Rattlebridge Farm said...

Shelia, this isn't about the Royal baby, but about paint colors. lol Thanks for the head's up regarding Coventry Blue. I'll start with Wythe and Stratton and work from there. Hope you have a fabulous New Year! XX00

Mollye said...

Happy New Year sweet friend of "old"...LOL I have missed you and all my blogger friends, but I am trying to inch my way back. XOXOXMollye

The Charm of Home said...

Happy New Year Shelia!
May 2013 be blessed!
Sherry

Widge said...

hey Shelia!
Hope you and your family have had a wonderful Christmas and new year.
Just popping over to let you know my url has changed for my blog it's now
http://jossdog.blogspot.co.nz/
xx

nannykim said...

Man, I thought you would be up and running by now! Did you get a fix on the computer stuff at Christmas???

Vicki said...

Hello, dear friend,
I just wanted to stop by and wish you a very happy, blessed and prosperous new year!! Thank you for your friendship and for your visits with me at my "Bunny Cottage". I hope you and hubby are both well!! Love and hugs~Vicki

Moore Minutes said...

Dear Sheila,
I wasn't able to email you so I wanted to send you a message here. You have NO idea how much your words spoke to my heart regarding my perfectionism post! I printed and saved those comments. God sent your encouraging words to me directly when I needed them! BOTH the comments you left ministered to my heart...funny how "perfectly" appropriate your second comment turned out to be!

You have the true gift of encouragement. Thank you for using it to help me! I feel so wrapped in your love and you helped show me the way God works. Thank you sweet friend!

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Hi Sheila, I came over to see if you posted anything new so I will leave a comment too. I hope your computer problems are getting better. I do miss your awesome posts. Your humor and fun photos always make me smile.

I am always trying to fit in more visiting and today is a good one for a computer play day. Saturdays are always so busy except for this weekend. YAY!!!

We just had a bad winter day yesterday but today the sun is shining. Cold but not dreary is a good thing.

I pray that all is well for you and yours.
Love, Jeanne

Sue said...

Just stopping by to check on you and see if there was any news on your end. I hope all is well with you and yours!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Thinking of you today... and sending big hugs to the sweet 'lil gal from Florida... When ever are you coming back????

xoxoxox
Spencer

CailinMarie said...

stopped by to see what was new with you - and I hope you are getting your techie issues sorted out. isnt' that the thing with technology?

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Just stopping by on my way to some tea and cookies - wondering if all is ok with you. I've missed your blog.

Debbie said...

Sheila, I have missed you and am so sorry to read this post. My deepest sympathy and sorrow to you for your loss. His parents must be broken hearted.

Rettabug said...

What an awful experience, to lose a child! I'm glad that your friends have YOU to help them during this tragic loss. Consider yourself {{HUGGED}}.
I don't know how people without Faith could get through something like this. We know he is in a better place.

fondly,
Rett

I hope this year improves for you! You've had a rough one.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sheila! Thank you for stopping by and your sweet and kind words. I am pooped but so relieved my mother is in the right place for now. Thank you for stopping in and I so hope you're doing well. I still miss you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)