Today, I took a good long look all around me, and yes, that would still be Christmas you see there on the breakfast room table...
And in the family room...
And on the back door...
And in this cabinet...
And that one...
But I also looked in the scary closet...
On the cluttered counters here...
And there...
And Under my messy desk...
Which made me realize the dire need for order and for the following things to happen:
Decorations to disappear...
Closets and counters to be clean...
Thank-yous to transpire (particularly for blog wins, blog awards, and Christmas gifts)...
And trips to be taken...
In addition to chores being finally, at long last, accomplished...
So, if you will please excuse me, I'm breaking for a bit to accomplish these tasks (or I could be at my computer all day and all night reading blogs and chattering... and I would, you know... after all, curiosity killed the cat if not the magpie)...
But in my absence from the blog scene, I wanted you to know about a super 75 per cent off sale that I stumbled on at a local K-Mart when I went to get my storage boxes...
I found this cute wrapping paper from the company that makes Scotch Tape...
I thought it was cute because it looks like the Scotch emblem on the tape dispensers. Plus, I can use this to wrap all of the gifts that go into fourteen stockings or more at Christmas for next year! And here's some of the Martha Stewart wrap I found, too (at prices to rival Dollar Tree!)...
And some gift tags to match at considerable savings...
And 25 feet of Martha Stewart Ribbon (French-wire) for a very good price. Loved these Scotties...
And these berries...
Shhhhh... don't tell Martha, but this pink ribbon was from Jaclyn Smith...
So in case you think, I'm just hanging around and goofing off...
Think again. I'll be knee deep in monkey business of the highest order...
So please, PLEASE don't forget me while I'm gone!
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




121 comments:
ooooh I am obsessed with making sock monkeys this week and saw your gorgeous knitted treasures and had to come right over1 Cute cute cute!! I love the pony too :)
That was such a cute post!!
Only a ton more reasons that you are my favorite! Dont be gone too long please. My life is settling and I dont enjoy change. :)
Oh, Sheila, how could anybody forget you?! You are too sweet!
I will miss you lots, but I know what you mean about the computer taking up so much time, especially when there is so much else to do!
So take your break, get your tasks out of the way, accomplish lots, and then take some time to enjoy yourself! Blogland will be here when you return.
I know I find myself taking more and more breaks too.
Enjoy!
Love to you, Eileen
P.S. I forgot to mention that I loved this post! The pictures were great!
I hope you know, a least in part, what an important role you play, not just in blogland, itself...but in the place of this Muse's heart.
I wish you safety, solace, and inspiration. I send on Muse's wings, the blessing of time..that you may create all you wish and accomplish every goal!
Love,
Your friend :)
Well, Sheila, it looks like you've got your work cut out for you!! LOL
Your sale finds are adorable!! I got a bunch of things at Target on Monday for 90% off. A whole sack full of goodies for $1.80! I love after Christmas sales!!
No one could forget you Sheila, you are such a dear heart! I loved looking at all of your treasures and your little piles too!
Happy New Year Shelia...enjoy your break!
Love those pink boxes!
Have fun! Get lots done and get back here as soon as you can!
Enjoyed your post, Sheila, and can identify with some Christmas stuff still needing put back.
I hope you have a lovely, productive, blog break. You are unforgettable, so no chance of my forgetting about you☺
Enjoy your break, catch up and recoup, I know you've been going at break neck speed.
You know the philosophy here at The Hut — Relax!
We could never forget you while you take a break. I LOVE seeing all of your pictures and that green note angel is spectacular....so pretty! I sure wish we still had a K-Mart but all the ones around here closed down probably 12 years ago :(
Talk to you again when you return.♥
Have a wonderful and productive break, Sheila! We will miss you, but we will be right here when you come back! And...I loved seeing your wintery Monet with a magpie as your header!! Happy break!...hugs...Debbie
Oh my goodness Sheila you always entertain us with you precious and witty posts!
I adore your new storage boxes, ribbons and paper. Very pretty colors. I have never seen them in pastels before. Lovely! Very inspiring for sure.
Happy packing and stay warm sweet lady. ~Melissa :)
Why is it so much more fun pulling it all out and putting it up than taking it down, packing it up and storing it again? I usually end up with more stuff than I started with. Good luck, take care, don't work too hard and we'll chit chat with you soon.
Happy Twirls Shelia!
That looks like a lot of work! We will be waiting patiently for you to finish your work and come back and write such cute posts.
Happy Cleaning!LOL
♥ Chaitra
Girl forgetting you would be like me forgetting to eat my chocolate every day...Please enjoy your break I think I will be joining you real soon...as I still have not gotten my bead board wall paper up yet had it since Aug and still taking up much needed room in my DR....I love ya sweet girl...You don't have a clue just how much you mean to me....Thanks for coming by tonight...Hugs and smiles your Ca. Mama
Sheila.. I love the sock monkeys! I use to watch the Carol Duvall show and she was always making them in some manner...
a break?! I understand that need! I still have my Christmas decor up (mostly) and I currently have no inclination to take anything down... Maybe another week or so... we didn't put them up until the week of Christmas... so I am Christmas decoation deprived!
have a glorious break... get your stuff done.. but do stop by... I've had some great thrifty finds this past week... and Candy, Terry and I are going on a major thrifty adventure on the 21st!
hugs to you sweet lady! Dixie
Sheila I have been doing the same un-decorating and re-organizing this whole week and it feels so good! A new year can be so invigorating that way.
Enjoy your break and and don't worry about anyone forgetting you ...you are everyone's favorite and we all want what is best for you!
Stay warm down there in this cold snap!
XX00, Pat
PS I love that beautiful ribbon, and the knit monkey is so adorable--what a cute face he has!
Oh, don't stay away too long!!
I'm missing you already, but certainly understand...I should do the same thing!
Sheila, this post is too cute! I'm telling you, you really need to write a children's book! I totally understand needing to get things organized. Notice I said I understand, not that I was actually going to do it lol. We could never, ever forget you dear Sheila! Stop by whenever you get a minute, and try and stay warm - watch out for those falling iguanas! Hugs, Kat (PS, don't you just LOVE Kathysue??)
Ok cute maggie pie pie-- I totally understand the break but HEY do what i did... LOL and move the week before Christmas then you have the WHOLE darn house to clean up and refresh
I swear some day I will be able to show you the before and after... but for me :) I need to keep blogging or go coo coo! (hhhmmm maybe i am there are ready)
Yes!! we will keep you in our thoughts-- but come back and annouce you are back so we can be inspired once again!
Dont work too hard.
Claudia
When you get finished you can come help me! I'll be waiting...
Hugs,
Dawn
We'll miss you, but don't worry, we could never forget you! Those sock monkeys are the cutest!!! And totally darling photos! My favorite is the one of the little stuffed animals riding away! I love all the goodies you got on sale, too! I did some after-Christmas shopping,too, & was fortunate enough to find still on the shelves some Christmas decorations at Target that I originally had my eye on & was able to get them at 50% off! I love sales! And I loved this post! Patti
Well, I can understand you need aa break - but I will miss your blogs so much!
Sandie
Sheila,
Thanks for your kind words on my yoyo invitations. Lovely Christmas decorations you have. Don't stay too long "monkey-ing" around... hurry back! :)
Blessings.
Thanks so much sweetie for always brightening my day!! Your posts are adorable and your comments warm my heart!! Take a blog break, cause I know all of that straightening up will not be a real break!! Your sock monkeys are fabulous....all of those soft colors are precious!!
Big Hugs, xOxO Nerina
Have a great break Sheila, see you when order is restored!
Thanks for your thoughtful visit. I have lost my mojo for blogging at the moment and still trying to get the energy to get going on projects and blogging again. The Get R Done Friday thing I was doing is no longer there. The host decided to stop that one. That was kind of my motivation to get things done. Tonight my husband is bringing our niece over to stay the night, maybe two nights. Tomorrow we are going to sew. She is the one I taught to make the apron that I posted about on my craft blog. So be looking for more on my craft blog regarding sewing projects.
I have just been so tired lately, and when not having hot flashes I am also quite cold. It is hard to warm up the house with only space heaters in the evening after work. So I am too tired and too cold to do anything except hang around on facebook some.
Was it cold in your area this week? My daughter-in-law in Fort Myers said it got down to 34 degrees in their area. I didn't realize it could get that cold there. Anyway, thanks so much for stopping by. It was much appreciated and gave me a lift.
Hugs,
Linnea
Hi Sheila,
Hope you have an enjoyable, relaxing, and productive break! Don't give a thought to concerns over being forgotton ... just smile as you think of how many of us will be missing your posts 'til you return!
Bye for now ...
Bill
Hello Sheila!
Looks lot you have some busy days ahead. Hope it won't keep you away for too long!
Kindly, ldh
Sheila, I will definitely miss you! So get organized, rest up, take that trip, and hurry back to us. You put so much joy in my day with that wonderful sense of humor!
If you have time before you leave, stop by today. I'm sharing some incredible chocolates! :-)
Hugs ~ Sarah
Oh, Sheila, we won't forget you! You are always so faithful to come and visit. Thank you for that, sweet friend. I love K-Mart and Martha Stewart. I purchased one of her trees a few years back and put it up every Christmas. I have closets that I need to clean but haven't got the spirit yet to do it. Have a wonderful weekend and don't work too hard! Vicki
You know how to get me smiling girl...Love this post..lol Love all the papers and ribbons...especially the pink one..Shhhh! dont' tell Martha...lol I know what you tlking about all the chores to do...I been doing my day by day.....your closets look better than mine. Thanks for stopping by and I will be praying for all the FL farmers...Stay warm and have a bless weekends...Smiles and Hugs..Katherinellen
Oh I will have to head to K Mart. My mom has a scottie so of course her gift must be wrapped in that.
Mr. Decor says that I am grounded from blogging all next week so that the rest of the Christmas will get packed up. :)
I'm always sad to see it go.
#1 I could NEVER forget you! ♥
All your things are sooooo precious! I just love them Sheila! And you got some really GREAT deals! Way to go!!
Oh yes, and one more thing I ABSOLUTELY LOVE....you have a scary closet :D hehehe that's awesome!
OH we could never forget you Sheila!
Love the Sock Monkey!
Such great deals on the paper and ribbons. Almost makes me want to go out shopping...ALMOST!
I enjoy organizing! I find things I thought were lost and always feel so good afterwards.
Oh, I will miss you dear Sheila!
I know that feeling though, I could Blog day and night too and actually have had to set a kitchen time to remind me to get off! Heehe. Great Deals too, I think I need to head on over to Martha's place! COME BACK SOON, OR WE WILL HAVE TO COME LOOKING FOR YOU!
Hugs, Cindy
I was so dreading taking all the Christmas stuff down. I just didn't want to deal with the mess. I finally got the last of it down yesterday.
I hope you enjoy, if possible, your break and accomplish everything you hope to. You also found some great things at K Mart! Have a delightful weekend and a productive break!
I love all your decorations - especially all those monkeys. They are so cute!
Hope you have a wonderful, restful and productive time on your break from blogging. But hurry back!
I hope your whistling while your working cause that's what's playing Mrs. Magpie.
Miss you no never....Are you kidding me?
I hope your little sleigh with your little people are going on join Claudie in March. They all look so cozy.
Your monkey socks with all those beautiful colours are magical.
I'll be waiting for you. Come back to us soon though. Or I'll have to come and hunt you down come March lol.
Sending hugs my friend and see you in about 60 sleeps.
Count down is on.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo
Beautiful decors! and lot of cuties:)
Same here my Christmas tree is still in my living room:).
Enjoy the weekend Sheila.
XO
Regina
fab post sheilea loved seeing your cluttered sides look a lot like mine my plan for this year is to declutter too have a fab week get lots done
Val
But that's impossible! Nobody would ever ever forget :-)
Hello Sheila! I can see Christmas time in your home was spent with fun and with meaning. I bet the munchkins had a blast :-) And look at those cute monkeys all over the house. Love the hanging ones on the wreath :-) I can just imagine everyone smiling while standing by the door :-)
I wish you and your family a blessed New Year too. May we always look forward to what tomorrow brings (even if it's cleaning the clutter LOL)
Don't forget to rest too.
Mizpah,
Li
Don't be gone too long, Sheila! I'll miss you! I certainly understand the need to get organized and all of that. Good luck and see you soon, my friend!
xo
Claudia
Oh, you will be so missed!
I must do much the same. My son is safely back at school today so now the de-Christmasing begins.
Sheila, you have truly made my days in Vermont exile so much better. I can never thank you enough!
Oh how could we EVER forget you hamming it up over there!
Glad to see that someone else doesn't have their decorations down...don't feel bad Shelia - I have two LIVE trees that aren't down yet! We're just keeping the Christmas Spirit a little longer now, aren't we? Looks as if you are painting...can't wait to see what you are doing!
Oh - and we are so glad that cat has 9 lives, poor thing :)
Now, go get some things done, so you can come back quick!!
I understand completely! I am STILL taking my Christmas down, also! {And here it is, the 9th of Jan.} My SIL and I were talking during supper last night, and she complained of the same, and said, from what she'd heard, a lot of people were late taking their decorations down! Oh well, we'll get it when we get it, huh? LOL!
But before I start today, I'm heading to Kmart! :) Thanks for the heads up on the great bargains! They have some mirrored frames that are calling my name, too!
Hoping your break is productive and short! We will miss you and could never forget you! ~hugs, Rhonda :)
PS...LOVE that sock monkey!!!
You are "amazing"! Love the monkeys and Pink wrapping paper and pink containers!!! I love visiting you. And also enjoy your visits Hugs Grace
I love this post Sheila and I love the music that goes with it too!!! So cute!!!!!!!!!! You are like me....I still have Christmas everywhere and clutter all around as well with this and that!!! Glad I'm not the only one...now, this morning, I'm running RUNNING over to K-Mart!!!!!!!! :))
Hi my darlin friend, I completely understand the need for a short disappearing act. And Thank you for the Birthday Wishes. PS Blue sock monkey is a winner in my book. I see he's keeping an eye on you Mrs. Magpie. You could NEVER be forgotten. Good luck with your work and blog respite. Love ya, Mollye
Hi Sheila
I enjoyed seeing all your beautiful Christmas decorations before they got packed away. Good luck with your tidying and sorting out. Enjoy your blogging break. I will miss you but NOT forget you.
Sending much love today.
Lindsay
x
I wish you the best of luck in your cleaning endeavers! Looking foward to your posts again!
Hugs and Happy Pink Saturday,
Jacalyn
Enjoy your Brief Break. Your post was lovely. Maybe I should visit the K-Mart across town. They closed the one near me a few years ago and I miss it.
Have a great time packing in those pink boxes.
Methinks you definitely deserve a break and (from what you've shown here) you have LOTS to do away from the computer. One of the reasons I don't decorate much for holidays any more is that I can't get myself to put things away in any sort of timely manner. I do think the pink boxes are nifty for storage, but since I'm in the mode of getting rid of 'stuph' ... methinks it would be dangerous to bring such things into my home for I'd be tempted to USE them rather than continue to clear things away. Enjoy your break. When you return, I suspect you'd enjoy my 'Tamale Reflections' at Sacred Ruminations ... just because ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Your post is so entertaining,Sheila. Have a nice blog break and don't work too hard. I took away my Christmas decor all day on Wed, the day befpre we left for FL. but I could not take the tree apart so it is still up. I'll take it down on Monday. It's a big task!...Christine
Sheila,
Thanks so much for your kind comments. Can't wait until you come back. Oh and by the way..."...but satisfaction brought him back."
dear sheila,
you are so very good to me
happy pink saturday and not one of us could forget you while you are tucking your little treasures away.
i did see one that melted my heart...she is that green angel with the wings that had musical notes...did you make that beauty.......she looks like an ornament that would be passed down from generation to generation...i can just see one of your awesome posts about her.....you know she would pretty in a cloche...tuck that sweet thing in extra special but who knows they may all come out when you're not looking and dance around......you might just see alittle red berry that would only give you a hint they were around.
sorry i am not there to help you.
angel hugs
simply debbie
Please don't leave us for long! Loved this post.....my decorations are put away but I need to organize and "deep" clean the rest of the house.
Why didn't I go to K-Mart after Xmas??
Happy PS!
Don't you dare worry...we won't forget you. Before I left on my New Year trip I just had to clean up the house and take down all the Christmas decorations. I knew I could not face it when I got home and I was so glad I did. This morning Bobby G. and I worked on some long time needed to be down projects and they got finished...woohoo...See you soon Sheila! xo
How could ANYONE forget you? Stay warm!
Shelia, I just had to laugh and laugh, I have been trying to take decs. down all week and having the biggest mess you have ever seen. I am one blessed woman though , as i have the most patient dh in the world that he so understands! and just takes everything in stride, he offers to help any way he can. And when he saw me on the computer this morning, said "enjoy it, you have worked hard all week.' I think i will keep him. LOL
I am not posting just visiting today, but am so glad I got to visit you before your break, So dear friend take this break but don't be away to long as Blogland is not the same when you are away. I not only enjoy your posts, but enjoy reading all of the encouraging comments you leave everyone. You have been and still are such a blessing to me. not to mention to everyone else as well.
I am praying for you too!!!
Lots of Hugs,
Sue
Love all your monkeys!!! Where in the world have you found so many?
I totally understand about taking a break to organize... That would be a grand idea. However, MacDaddy is beginning to travel again so I will have uninterrupted time next week...unless I decide to spend the days on the computer...or painting...or shopping.
I was with orange growers last weekend in Vero...they are quite concerned about the future of the trees. This was the first GOOD year since the blight...and the last cold blast. If the fruit I ate or the juice I drank was any indication of the crop...it was fabulous! My heart cries for them...
Enjoy your break..just don't be gone too long. I'll miss you!
Jane
Never could we forget you! I have so much to do and I sit here reading blogs!
Brenda
Hi Sweet Pea....
Oh yes......I DO understand how it feels to be overwhelmed......I'm still in recovery mode too. I would never take pix of my ironing........but believe me.....it's HORRIBLE....I really need to take the time to catch up with that.....among a million other things. Oh yeah.......the GARAGE? Now, THAT'S SCARY!!!!!!..........I always hope the neighbors won't peek in while the door is open.
Love your little monkey, by the way. My little grandson got a sock monkey kit for ME to put together.....bless his little heart. That little bugger is hard! I'm not having any fun with it at all.
Enjoy your little break.........just think, you'll be done soon. :-)
Of course you won't be forgotten, but you WILL be missed.
xoxoxoxo
Spence
Oh thank you for the good giggle today... that was a fun tour!
I often wonder what I did with my "free" time before computers?
I hope your break is productive, and hurry back... please?!
Christmas monkeys who knew I love your other friends too cute!
Happy Warm Pink Saturday!
Forget you? Never Ever!! But I so totally understand cos' I am still finding stuff and packing it away too!! It's been SO COLD!!
See you soon!
Lou Cinda
Sheila, you are HILARIOUS! I love it, especially the little carriage that you caught on camera headed for the front door.:) Thank you so much, sweet friend, for all of your lovely comments on my blog, I love it when I see that you have visited. And especially because I know you are a busy lady. Big hugs, Cindy S.
What? I'm NOT having it...whaaaaaaaaaa! Now Ms. Magpie look what you have done!!!!!! Poor lil' Jalina Rose is crying...not just the "HEY look at ME" cry...or the I want milky cry....NO...the real cry of where is my magpie cry....AND if you heard it...you would surrender your fabric stash...just to calm her...perhaps a few dozen bolts to dry her REAL tears! Oh...sure GRAMMY says...loves us and leaves us...although we may have to wander over to K-Mart! Now Ms. Magpie...how could you do this to us? Sigh...Oh my Gosh...Grammy is crying too....Boo Hoo Ms Magpie!
Well Ms. Magpie...while you are gone you had best know.....this and you had better know WE REALLY MEAN IT.....We are gonna miss you! Until we monkey around together again...WE love you...Hugs and kisses...Grammy and Jalina Rose
Oh that knitted monkey is just darling - did you make it? I would take up knitting again if I could have one of those.
Your decorations are such fun - love the travlers. Have fun and come up for air now and then and let us know how you are doing.
Hello Sheila,
Oh my....I love that cat with the red dress on..too cute and the angel...I'm so glad it's you and not me...well, at least as far as Christmas decorations go. :0) I'm still walking around clutter in the studio and the lower level still looks like a fabric explosion.
2010 will be the year of great organization!!! Yes, repeat this often, make affirmation cards to leave everywhere! hehe
Good luck..now get to it! :0) Then you can come live with me for a few months and get this place in shape!
And NO way....you cannot be forgotten!
Scatter Bliss..
Stephanie
I know what you mean about not getting all the Christmas stuff put away as of yet!! I am behind also. But hoping to get mine done tomorrow! (Maybe!?? lol) Hope your have a wonderfully blessed day dear, and good luck with yours too.
Debi xo
http://whatscookninjunk.blogspot.com/
Such cute little monkeys! And I loved the little mini tour of your house - especially the part under your desk . Our Christmas stuff is still up and all around too, but we'll be taking that down next weekend. And good shopping - you found some great deals there. You'll be glad you did come next Christmas. Have a good break and I will look forward to seeing you around the blog again soon.
Blessings,
Tricia
We will miss you!!! Work fast so you can come back soon! I have to know how to make or where to get a sock monkey like that, Micki NEEDS it. She loves sock monkeys, and doesn't even own one. I would love to make her one for our bday.
teri
wow you have been busy!!
Adorable monkey so cute! and I spied that scottie ribbon and paper!!!
Happy PS and Happy New Year...still trying to catch up with organizing and putting away my holiday decor..
Close to finishing finally at my house.
yeah!
smiles,
kayellen
Don't work too hard! Love all your sale finds.
Hurry back!
Hugs,
Donna
Hi Sheila,
WOW! Loved this post. How cute! Thank you so much for the grins today. Enjoy your Sunday if you can get a break from your busy schedule.
Sending fairy magic and butterfly wishes for a perfect day.
xoxo
~Kitty Kellie
I love the look and feel of that adorable monkey!
Wish you luck with your organization..
We won't ever forget you Sheila and we are looking forward to some neat organizing tips from you when you come back as I for one sorely need some.
Loved the photos of Christmas still happening in your household....much like mind. Something I have to get busy with myself.
Here's what I am thinking...moving my tree onto my deck and filling it with treats for the birds like popcorn, peanuts, apples, etc.
We'll see how ambitious I am tomorrow when it's time to pack the Holidays away....xo Julie
DEAR SHELIA,
I KNOW YOU ARE ON A BREAK, A WORKING BREAK, BUT I WANTED TO POP IN AND TELL YOU THAT I HAVE A SPECIAL AWARD WAITING FOR YOU WHEN YOU BEGIN BLOGGING AGAIN. IF YOU ARE AWARD FREE I UNDERSTAND BUT JUST KNOW I TRULY, REALLY, REALLY WANTED YOU TO HAVE THIS AWARD.
A GRACIE ANN PECK
SIMPLY DEBBIE
We could never EVER forget someone as special as you.
Hurry back but no worries - we'll be here!!!
(even if some of us might be frozen)
;-)
Love you Sheila!
Kim
The sock monkey wreath is to die for! I love it! You have many interesting sock monkey decorations. I think you're turning me into a sock monkey fan! I love them!
I didn't even notice your "clutter". I was too busy admiring the wallpaper behind it!
Hope you make it back to blog land soon!
I just love the sock monkeys.. and that wrapping paper you found is to cute..... see you soon.
This looks like my house. My tree is so dead that the ornaments are dropping off of it like flies!
Perhaps a blog fast is long past due for me aw well....
Thanks for the tour!
I don't think anybody could ever forget you!
I'm still doing the same thing over here- and just when I think every sign of Christmas has been put away, I turn and find one more thing!
Good luck with your chores!
jenny
Do you think you could train a sock monkey to iron? You see, I cleaned everything yesterday, but I left the ironing. I figure if Stella can paint, you might have a stuffed friend who can iron.
Have fun filling your pink storage crates. I miss you!
I know Teri already commented, but I want to too. Come back soon...we love to hear your daily comments. You are so sweet to us. Get all your projects done!! I am working on the same thing today. Tired of the decorations and the clutter. Good luck!! Micki
Can I relate to this! I still have my tree up because I've decided to store the decorations in a new place this year and that place needs to be cleaned out and in order for that place to be cleaned out, the stuff in that place needs to go to a new place which . . . needs to be cleaned out.
Well, undig yourself from time to time and apprise us of your progress. Good luck!
Dear Sheila, I am home from Atlanta and we had a wonderful time doing the antique show. My cousin Bob arrived here from Mi on the same day. We have been catching up with the news of family in MI. I am finally finding some time for visiting.
Your post is fabulous as always. You take the best photos to share with us. I too am still putting Christmas away. Love the sock monkey and all the other treasures you shared.
I so understand the time blogging takes day to day. I just do not visit as much as I want and I have to accept that I do as much as I can. My blogging friends are soooo important to me and I will miss you very much. Have a great break and I will be so happy when you return. I do hope you will still be able to come to the bloggers get together in FL.
Love and hugs xoxo, Jeanne
Sweet Sheila, Ms. Magpie; YOU are so sweet...and I loved seeing your "stuff". Kinda makes me feel like I'm not alone. :) I need to join you on this venture...as ALL my decorations are STILL UP too! :) Hugs...xoxo ~CC Catherine
What beautiful decorations you have! I hope you get everything you need to get accomplished done and are back with us soon. In the mean time I hope you have a little fun along the way too. You are a joy and the blog world just won't be the same without you.
How cute, Sheila ... I hope this finds you finding a place for everything, and putting everything in its place so you can be back to entertain, inspire, and amuse us soon. I've missed you!
Love those pink storage bins!
Hahahaha...my decorations are all down & winter decor has already taken it's place. Course I've been a slacker blogger....it seems as if I just can't manage everything. ;o)
Hope the holiday season blessed you generously!
Oh I love this post - so much fun! I love the angels, did you make them?
Have fun!
Leann
la la la...
ticking clock...
here i am....
on your block...
looking here...
looking there...
searching for magpie...
everywhere...
a muse is impatient...
but she is kind...
and you dear one...
are ever on my mind!
Ok that is as good as it gets this long without chocolate..LOL
Good luck with all of that Sheila!! I love that scotch tape paper too!
Sheila~ It was refreshing to see your honesty. I've got Christmas boxes scatter around everywhere. There they sit and here I am...on the computer, lol, which is much more fun.
I've no doubt they'll be packed and back in storage before...Easter.
I want to thank you for the comment you left me. It made me so misty to read your sweet comforting words. You'll never know how much it meant to me.
My hubby went to get the tire fixed on the car with my son.
He said they walked over to Kmart to see the "big sale." How he could come home empty handed from a 70% off sale is beyond me. I asked him "what about Martha Stewart kitchen stuff?" His reply..."Martha Stewart, who?"
His retail needs and mine are a tad different. Apparently, neither Martha or Jacklyn's products are his priority...go
figure.
See you soon.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
My tree is *still* up...am hoping it takes itself down tomorrow when I'm at work (speaking of, I've been working like a dog. And speaking of speaking of, I wonder if my dog can take the tree down? And put the ornaments away? :-) Hope you are well, Mrs. M!!
Morning, I am only one week late, but that's life right now. I can show you a room that will make you think your stuff looks great........hurry back!
Barbara
Hi Shelia,
I am stopping by today to say hi, and hope you are enjoying your break, just miss you so much.
Hugs,
Sue
Dear One,
This was a precious and fun post filled with whisical decor. (Loved it!) I can relate, with some Christmas here still needing to be put away and the computer does take up lots of time when you have so many friends to visit:D
Of course you are missed, you have such a huge heart and share it so abundantly here in blog land, I dare say you a favorite to many!
I hope you can get everything done you want to and even enjoy tour time away.
Did I read trips...I hope they are fun, relaxing and filled with laughter and enjoyment.
Warmly ~♥
Can't wait for you to come back soon. I hope everything is warmer in Florida and all of your monkeys are safely tucked away. I love all of your finds at KMart. I just love Martha's ribbons.
Well hurry back.
Karen
Hi Sheila,
Missed you for Pink Saturday today. :) Hope all is well in your world. Enjoy your break.
Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
whispering sonnets...
with you in mind :)
LOVE those monkeys!!!
Just enjoy your break!!! Sometimes we just have to stand back from the computer, take a deep breath and engage in serious housework. I have been doing the same thing...on week two now.
See ya when you get back..
cute post, btw and LOVE the scottie ribbon!!
xx
becky
I hope you are accomplishing your tasks and checking them off your list! Doesn't it feel amazing to get things in order? We can't forget you here because you're such a warm and sincere and truly kind friend. <3
Hi Sheila
I UNDERSTAND totally how you are feeling about what you have to do and what you have to do to accomplish it!! AND we will be here waiting when you return.
Your post is cute Sheila..thats a good attitude and way to take a bit of a break. Just think after all your chores are done you will have so much free time to read and catch up.
*hugs*
Judi
We could never forget you Mrs Magpie! Hope you are well and enjoying your break (even if knee deep in monkey business). Looking forward to your return. :)
I miss you, Sheila. Hurry back!
Have a great break Sheila. Even though you'll be organizing and putting things away, it'll give you great satisfactio in having accomplished the After Christmas Redo.
I've been away for a couple of weeks myself, with a Nail Tearing Project.
Breathe, breathe!
Breaks:good. Coming back,not so easy.
You always put such style and humor into your writing. Don't be gone too long,I fear we are always just like two ships.
XOSue.
Missing you!!
Just checking in...
Lou Cinda :)
Just wanted to let you know you are being though of, and missed! We have missed having you around the blog, so hurry back! We'd love to visit here again soon!
teri & micki!
It so sweet of you doing the thank - I know you do not need to do it.
I glad you found what you were looking for, MB
Cute post Shelia! Hope you are doing well and accomplishing lots! :)
Michelle
sigh....
A gal after my own heart - I've been trying to do the same thing!
Your monkey business is MUCH cuter than mine though :)
You know the secret of Christmas....You live it every Moment Sheila.
Curiosity killed the cat. That's cute and sad, but uplifting in the way it was presented. Creativity endures.
Post a Comment