Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Friday, January 22, 2010

Mirror, Mirror, On The Wall, Who Has The Shiniest Objects of All??? Part I



That would be Mrs. Magpie, and that would be due to a number of very generous bloggers! :-)

But first, today is Pink Saturday on our sweet Beverly's blog, and I'm doing a happy dance to be able to blog with you again! I'm taking the weekend off from my self-imposed cleaning/renovation exile to visit and comment at your blogs because I have missed you terribly!



As for me, I'd like to share with you some of the lovely, lovely shiny objects I received through blog drawings. Mr. Magpie and Trish both think I need to play the Lottery next. LOL! I'm sure you'll agree when you see all of the shiny loot unpacked. But time's a-wastin'! Let's hurry to unpack everything and see what we spy...



Well, one pink thing I spy is this pretty pink ornament that beautiful Betzie of Time Enough sent me. And yes, that would be Marie Antoinette...



Who is so wonderfully glittery...



And girly with her sweet velvet flowers, bling, and lace...



Betzie did as perfect a job on the backs of these ornaments...



As she did on the fronts, and look at the tassels bordering this one as well as the vintage velvet ribbons on both. Plus this one has a little golden crown on the front and a pretty velvet pansy (the pansy just happens to be my sorority flower!)...



Along with the ornaments, Betzie sent me the most glorious French soaps that smell divine...



In a fancy frou-frou bag with pink feathers...



And I cannot thank Betzie enough for these special items that appeal to the French line of my ancestry (and Mr. Magpie's) and for this special vintage postcard! :-)



Then I was delighted to win a drawing over at our very creative Karen's blog, A Scrapbook of Inspiration, where her precious mother picked a number, and mine was selected! I am a HUGE fan of Karen's art! The prize in this drawing was a fanciful, golden, shiny Christmas tree watercolor painted and signed by Karen herself...



It came tied up with golden ribbon which naturally I couldn't wait to untie, being so shiny and all...



I can't wait to have it framed which we intend to do soon, and I can't thank you enough for this Christmas treasure, Karen! Can you see me doing the Happy Dance??? :-)



Then I watched a you-tube video of sassy sweet Marie of Lemondrop Vintage as she fished one lucky name out of scores of other names in a fishbowl, and I nearly fainted when it was mine! Squeeeeee! The prize I won is the most whimsical charm bracelet you ever did see...



I had a lot of fun jingling and jangling in it at Christmas...



I realize that these are red and green baubles...



But I'm extending my Christmas posts on Pink Saturday by a few weeks in order to share this with you. Something tells me that Beverly won't mind. Plus if you look over to the right, you'll see one tiny pink bead on a bauble. So that counts for PS...



Next, a fellow Floridian, dear Deborah of Vintage Soul , had a drawing which I was very blessed to win, and she sent me all sorts of shiny objects! I was so touched by Deborah's generosity. To begin with, there were things like these fun rubber stamps...



That not only have sayings on them...



But graphics as well...



And pretty pink floral stickers (I have big plans for these on some place cards this spring that involve Claudie! Shhhh... don't tell Claudie!)...



And look at this cone that Deborah made! Isn't it pretty with its velvet petals...



And its dainty cherubs...



And speaking of angels, Deborah had no way of knowing this, but I have collected angels like these over the years...



And these are all SO lovely...



Look at their pretty faces...



And their pretty clothes...



With some even wearing pink gowns...



This one reminds me of Deborah with her beautiful brown eyes...



And I can't wait to see this angel dance, along with the others, on our angel tree next year (I was so late this year, the angel tree never made it up, but next year, I'm determined it will!)...



There were also these beautiful vintage cards Deborah sent that remind me so much of my father (who was born during the era where beautiful cards were prevalent)...



I decided to frame a different one each day during the holidays...



And we enjoyed each...



And every...



One of them...



And were hard-pressed to pick a favorite...



Thank you, Deborah dearest, for sowing joy into our Christmas! :-)

Now, if you happened to notice that lovely Venetian mirror frame, it came from a favorite Texan that most of you know as darling Dixie of French Lique (pronounced Lick)...



Dixie sent me the frame along with three wonderful photographs of some of her very own shiny objects...



That I have enjoyed displaying...



And while Dixie had no idea how much I needed this, she sent me a vintage clock (March Hare, anyone?) and two, count them, TWO wonderful books! I read them both and will enjoy returning to them again and again. Ooh la la to both! Love them much!...



Would you look how young Martha is in this shot. Love it!



And the pièce de résistance was some lovely blue bling (another favorite color)...



You know, I enjoyed wearing these...



And I "might" let some special little magpie borrow them...



To wear when we play dress-up (my plan for this spring) if she's very, very good and very, very careful and even more important, agrees to give them back! LOL!...



Dixie, also wanted to be sure we were well lit, and to that end, she sent us a pair of these handsome crystal candlesticks...



These graced the console on Christmas...



And I love these vintage millnery flowers (which I can't wait to attach to some vintage hats I happen to have)...



Dixie also sent me two of the sweetest little birdie salt and pepper shakers you ever did see from Pier 1. These birds had fun meeting the Target birds and got along famously (even though the new birds from Dixie are cuter... shhhhh, don't tell!).



And last, Dixie sent me some vintage tags, but I started a project with them and didn't want to show them till it was finished. So I'm saving the tags for another show and tell! ;-)

Merci beaucoup, Dixie, for helping make our Christmas so very merry! :-)



Now, have you ever seen a magpie tap dance??? Well, trust me it's an amusing sight, and not only did Mrs. Magpie find herself tap dancing, but Mr. Magpie did as well! We thank ALL of you from the bottoms of our little ole shiny-object-loving hearts!
:-) :-) And more than that, I thank you for the treasure of your friendship. That is the shiniest object of all, and I love you much!



AND I thank you for visiting me not only today, but during my exile and encouraging me with your sweet notes and emails. Your warmth could be felt across the chilly miles to Florida which has FINALLY warmed up. I lost DAYS of work time because I couldn't get out from under the covers. Floridians don't do cold. Puts me in mind of what goldfish do when they head to the bottom of the goldfish pond and don't resurface till the weather is back to normal. LOL! ;-)



With that said, please join me in visiting Beverly at her blog and all of her Pink friends by clicking HERE! And I can't wait to visit YOU! It's been far too long since we chatted.



Happy Pink Saturday! :-)

Warmly,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

P.S. Has anyone else been having trouble with loading pics on Blogger? It took me HOURS to load the ones for this post. Makes me want to chant: Blogger, Blogger, shame on you! Slow as turtles at the zoo! Wasting time and patience, too! Blogger, Blogger, shame on YOU! ;-)

131 comments:

April said...

Hi Sheila!
You have to be one of the luckiest bloggy friends I know! Just look at all those fabulous goodies...you must be on Cloud 9! No one deserves them more than you, that's for sure! Enjoy your Friday...don't stay away too long the next time!

Jenny said...

Oh my! What lovely surprises...each and every one! Congratulations! And my pictures are loading slow today, too. Must be the wet weather. Glad to see you back and if you're not too busy do you mind picking some lottery numbers for me?

This West London Life said...

You are such a lucky girl and I'm very happy for you! Come and pick my Lotto numbers, please!

Melissa Miller said...

Sheila oh my goodness did you ever receive some of the prettiest goodies I have ever seen! You are a blessed lady and deerve each and every one.

The charm bracelet is gorgeous! Love it all! ~Enjoy! *Smiles*

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

WOW!! You are lucky indeed,nice treasures too!! I just won a lovely set of curtains from Tracey at French Larkspur...I am over the moon about them!! Hope you are well,oh and no I have not had trouble uploading (fingers crossed) All the best,Chrissy

The Muse said...

You have taken us all to dreamland... where pink pinafores of fairies and angels play!

Delighted to see you skating about the winter frozen ponds of blogland once more, my friend :)

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

How LUCKY are you?? VERY!! This is quite a haul, but I can't think of anyone more deserving than you!!

I have missed you and glad you have checked back in and are getting wonderful stuff done!

I need to be doing the same!!!
Gotta get busy!

Lou Cinda

Anonymous said...

Most Shiniest One! I've missed you so much! I'm sure all of your lovely house is all in order and neat as a pin now! Mine's not! :)
Oh, what lovely treasures you've received! You were really on a roll, weren't you? You're the most wonderful one and I can't think of anyone who deserves shiny objects more than you! :)
Now, in that beautiful etched mirrored framed to I spy dainty little fingers holding a camera and those dainty little fingers are wearing lime green gloves? My tiny eyes may be deceiving me...I'm just saying! :)
Yay! Glad you're back and enjoy all of your shiny treasures!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Claudia said...

Oh, I've missed you Sheila! You are so fortunate to win all those fabulous giveaway prizes! You must be loving every shiny new thing in your house. Happy Pink Saturday, my friend!

xo
Claudia

Dixie said...

I echo everyone else's sentiments... you are loved and were missed in blogland... So happy you enjoyed your treasures from me... and my goodness... you had a bountiful bloggy Christmas... love that bracelet and those lovely vintage cards too. They looked absolutely perfect in the Venetian frame! Perfect gifts for the perfect magpie.. er... lady...

hugs to you and many blessings. Dixie

ps... lovin' that blog poem too, but didn't have any loading trouble though.. (as she knocks on her wooden desk top) ;)

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

YAH SHEILA,
YOUR BACK!! I was just thinking of coming by and checking up on you but figured you were on some fabulous trip or something. You got some awesome goodies in give-aways and as gifts!! Loved all of them, lucky gal! Hugs, Cindy

Dena Pickle said...

I'm so glad you're back! What awesome gifts you've received, from awesome friends.

I'm having my first Out and About on Feb 2nd, I would still love for you to be my guest host for it. It's my first one so I'm guessing that you email your post and photos to me????
Thank you so much for being you!
Dena

Kathy said...

Oh gosh Ms Magpie you do seem to attract lot's of gorgeous shiny objects and quite rightly so and I know you will share them all with the little magpies too :-). I am glad you persevered with blogger (it can be naughty at times), Glad you are warmer now, strange weather all around. I sent you an email, i'm off across the pond, speak soon, hugs, Kathy.

JLS Hall (Joysweb) said...

Wow, you certainly received a bunch of lovely stuff! It's all sooo pretty, but I really LOVE that charm bracelet! So glad you've dropped back in for a bit, even though I know you're busy with other things.

Kat said...

I was so happy to see a post from you today! How fun that you took a little break (from your break) to show us all your shiny new pretties! Glad that it's finally warming up for you, I know just what you mean about the cold. I don't do it either, and accomplish nothing when the mercury dips! Take care and looking forward to seeing you out and about again. Hugs, Kathy (btw, I'm having difficulty loading pictures too)

Darlene said...

Hi Sheila,

Glad to see a beautiful post from you. I LOVE all of your fabulous wins. You are definitely on a great LUCKY streak and isn't it FUN!?! Hope you have a great weekend.♥

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Mercy girlfriend...share with me your lottery numbers!!! You sure hit the jackpots!!!
Glad it is warming up a bit for you...and good to hear from you. Have a fantastic weekend!!

claudie said...

Would I be able to wear your pretty blues also Mrs. Magpie? I promise to give them back really : )
I think you have been off so long, because it took that long to post all your lovely shiny objects lol.
I LOVE that little pink bag, and those posts cards are just precious.
So glad your back, I have missed you. i'm not participating this week, but I wish you a beautiful Pink Saturday...and oh I LOVE the bracelet.
Love Ya
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo

Diane at Crafty Passions said...

You lucky lucky girl!!!
Have a great weekend
Diane

Cindy said...

Hi Shiela! You are back, so glad to see a new post. And congrats on so many wins. They are all breath takingly gorgeous! How wonderful for you and Mr. Magpie. You are blessed! Hugs, Cindy S.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

SHEILA!!!!! I am so happy to see you and thank you so much for coming my way! It was wonderful! You were spoiled this Christmas, just as you should be. You are a wonderful friend to us all! Big hugs for you! Cherie

Chatty Crone said...

Hello Sheila,

You're back - I'm thrilled. I just got back from LA myself.

You sure recieved so many beautiful pink things. Lucky gal.

So Florida was cold too! Hope we are heading to some warmer weather.

Sandie

Betzie said...

Hi Sheila!
Thanks so much for sharing all your goodies, mine included. :))
You are a special lady to have received so many wonderful goodies!!! I enjoyed seeing them all and so sorry you had trouble getting the pics on...that is so frustrating!! They all look beautiful and your post was perfect! Nice to see you again! xoxo Betzie

Eileen said...

This post was wonderful, Sheila! You received some really pretty treasures! Very sweet! And your blog friends really seem to know you well, that's even sweeter!

I've been having lots of trouble with blogger (loading pictures, posting, commenting, everything about it has been troublesome to me lately! Makes me want to cry 'Uncle!'), I've heard others complaining too.

So good to see a post from you! And so good to see your comments on my blog ~ THANK YOU!!
And thank you for your Birthday wishes too!
'Hope your projects are coming along, I'll be taking a big break myself next month to purge this home of mine!
Love to you,
Eileen

Regina said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sheila.
Pretty and gorgeous pinkies.
Congrats!
Have a lovely weekend.

susan said...

No wonder you are not around--you are too busy unwrapping gifts and prizes! It is definitely time for you to buy a lottery ticket! I won't be jealous since you are such a gracious winner:) Great pictures. Your nest should be shiny enough now!!!

bj said...

Wow...what wonderful things you have received from some very nice people.
I am glad you are back...wondered about you.
Enjoy your weekend..
xo bj

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Oh my goodness, I do think you'd better play lotto. You have really received some lovely treasures from special bloggers.

I am envious at your pretties. Mine have been packed away since we started the remodeling right after fall began. My fall decorations stayed packed up, I did bare bones Christmas and I was looking forward to getting decked out for Valentine's Day but after the latest episode, I'm thinking it's going to be EASTER decor.

So I'm just going to enjoy visiting your blog and others to see what pretties you are all displaying--and I won't have to dust any of them, either, lol!

Pam said...

You must buy a lottery ticket. I think you are on a lucky streak. Maybe you should visit Vegas. All of your winning objects are lovely and many in pink. Perfect for Pink Saturday.

caren said...

Sheila ~ How lucky you are! You really need to play the lottery - I'm sure you would win! Such lovely things you have won. Have a wonderful Pink Saturday!

Betty said...

Oh my goodness Sheila!! you certainly have been blessed with an abundance of good luck!! Wow! I love each and everything that made it to your home. And That charm bracelet....ohhhhh...that is so cute!!
Have a wonderful pink weekend. I am so happy to see you back!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Sheila dearest! I know that magpies and other large birds just LOVE shining things; you scored bigtime on the shiny objects! Gorgeous goodies and don't you just love Karen at Scrapbook of Inspiration? How are you? I haven't had trouble with loading pictures, but there are other troubles with the blogging device lately. However, your presentation is impressive!! Thanks for visiting my corner of the world tonight! Anita

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Okay, you have sucked out every ounce of luck in the bloggersphere!
I say- Congrats to you! What a blessing! And thank you for sharing all of your winnings with us. Very fun! It was like I was unwrapping the gifts with you!
And this was a pink extravaganza!
Happy Pink Saturday.
Yvonne

Carol at Serendipity said...

Sheila,
So good to see you and didn't you get some treasures!!!

I removed the snow. Thank you for the advice. Let me know if it moves faster.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Carol

Unknown said...

Dear Sheila,
Be prepared this commment will probably be as long as my posts. You are so special, is it any wonder that you are blessed with so much beauty. Thank you for being so kind with your comments about my work. Thank you for sharing all of this beauty. This post looks like one of the beautiful features in Somerset Life.

Your header, okay here comes the wordy part of this comment. I posted last week about a shadow box I was making for a close friend. Unknown to me was that her mother passed away that morning. I am here now in New Jersey and the funeral is this morning. Before I left I remembered Judy always teasing me that to please leave my Chinese Grandma painting to her in my will. I have two of them, so I took one down from the wall and put it in my car. I knew I would have to find something to put in it's place because it left a huge blank spot in my hallway. So I took my favorite Monet and put it there instead. It looked better there. I couldn't sleep, so I got up to read blogs. I opened up your blog and there was my same favorite Monet. Is it any wonder I consider you a kindred spirit.

Karen

LADY JANE said...

Oh..Mirror ...Mirror...on the wall...Yes Ms. Magpie has won it ALL!
She has been busy Yes-sir-ree...but she still has NOT as much fabric as me!

Really Ms. Magpie...you should play the lotto!

Glad to see you are taking a lil break...I've missed you as has sweet Jalina Rose...
Stop over and see us! And when you are done with all the lovely projects at your place...we know you will be coming to help us! HAPPY SHINY PINK SATURDAY

Marina Capano said...

Hi! Wow!!!what a fantastic post! cuantas fotos!!So sorry, today on my blog I made late my post, but At the moment you can visit my pink post! Here is summer and I don´t remember that today is saturday!beach, friends, swimming pool, fresh food, outdoor time with family and friends!!!
and tomorrow when I wake up, I say OMG!!!pink saturday! and very fast I made my pink post!
hasta pronto desde Argentina ;)

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Sheila, you are one lucky gal. So will the little Magpie's be if they get to play dress up with your jewels. As a child it was one of my favorite things and I'm sure it will be their's too. I've missed you and so glad you're back.
Happy Pink Saturday.
Sam

Nancy said...

I cannot think of a more generous blogger than you to be the recipient of all these wonderful gifts! And, they are beautiful!

I wish you the best with your renovations. We are doing just a bit of painting as we can now. Still, we must be done by spring. That's May, you know, in Vermont.

Since you have such wonderfully descriptive posts with lots of pictures, I think that Windows Live Writer would be a great help. It is free and very easy. Just write, pop in your pics, and publish! You will find it online. It's a Microsoft product, but just type in Live Writer to locate.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday Shelia!
The mirror reminds me of a nautical piece (maybe because I live on freezing Atlantic!) I would paint a warm ivory..dragging brush for worn look? I love your treasures ..when I receive a package and open the box the fragrance is like Heaven! I love your Marie A piece Stunning!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Good morning Sheila,
What wonderful and girly surprises! Love all the pinks! I was away myself and I'm glad you and and I are both back! Have a lovely Pink Saturday weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Char said...

Oh my goodness, you have certainly had the goodies bestowed upon you. What a great honor and all items are just too pretty for words. I am so happy to have you back in the game and ready to pink again. You were missed sweet Sheila, Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Sheila (even if its just for a little while).

I don't know where to start - there's so many to look at and admire. And it makes me happy that you received plenty of glittery and shiny things! :-)You sure save the last with the most sparkle!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Mizpah,
Li

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Sheila, you really should buy a lottery ticket. With your kind of luck you will win millions and millions of dollars. I have only ever won one thing. I love the charm bracelet and yes, I think the Pier 1 birds are nicer than the Target birds (I have both sets). Congratulations on all your wins.

SmilingSally said...

Don't do the chant; it might be your computer or your search engine. Blogger is downloading my pictures without any problems.

I love all the bling that you're gathering. How fun!

LemonyRenee' said...

Wow! So many lovely things! And winning all those giveaways -- what's your secret?? ;) Here's hoping for better weather for you soon.

Unknown said...

Hello Ms. Sheila,

Oh, what grins and giggles delight me with this post. Thank you so much for sharing.

How incredible to have won so many giveaways. The treasures are divine. You have piqued my curiosity with the tags, I can't wait to see what you create with those.

Sending fairy magic your way for a positively perfect Pink Saturday.

xoxo
~Kitty Kellie

♥Mimi♥ said...

What a wonderful Pink Saturday post! I just ♥ the fact that each of us shares such a variety of items - that's one reason why this event is never boring. Always something fun, new, lovely or interesting around the corner.

Thanks for sharing a part of yourself today☺ Cold, gloomy day today but, as always, bright and sunny on the Pink Saturday blogs.

♫Wishing you sunshine and happiness this weekend!♫

Michelle said...

Love the mirrored frames! But the darling charm bracelet is gorgeous and so fun!

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What awesome goodies, one and all!!! Each is a treasure! Thanks so much for sharing and have a Happy PINK Saturday!

♥ Kathy said...

Sheila all your prizes are so beautiful!! Congratulations! I can't think of anyone that deserves them more ♥ Glad to see you back...I missed you while you were gone!

Treasia Stepp said...

Well I do have to say that "woman, go buy a lottery ticket right now". LOL. Such lovelies to win. Every one is so pretty.

stefanie said...

WOW...what gorgeous treasures..you are going to be busy...now I know you are going to have a wonderful weekend

Marie De Marco said...

sheila
your kindess is rewarded! you have many amazing goodies! thank you for sharing.
marie

CC said...

Such lovely,wonderful surprises.They are sweet things for a sweet,sweet lady. I would be happy dancing as well with such great things, and isn't it fun to take all those wonderful things from their boxes??
I love it all,and if I had to pick a favorite..I think it might be the charm bracelet.
Happy Pinks..and I hope your weekend is a great one.

Tara said...

Girl I think you hit the mother lode! That has to be the prettiest bunch of giveaway items I've ever seen. Congratulations to you, I am sure you will get much pleasure and joy from all your new treasures. Happy Pink Saturday and have a terrific weekend!

Dogmom Diva said...

Sheila! Holy Moly! Woman, did you hit the motherload or what..wow you have some beautiful items you won..thank you for sharing! Enjoy your pretties!
Thanks for stopping by..wow I should do a giveaway featuring my friends jewelry, waddaya think? yes, stay tuned..you are so lucky who knows!

Vicki said...

Hello, Sheila,
I have missed you! Glad you are back with us! My goodness, the lovely prizes you have won! Congratulations, dear friend! They are all wonderful! Happy Pink Saturday to you and enjoy your weekend! Vicki

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh, my dear Sheila........

You have been the recipient of the MOST wonderful pressies.......and you deserved every single one of them, I might add.... :-) I had put my name in on a couple of those and was dissapointed that my name wasn't drawn until I saw it was YOU! I'm thrilled for you. I'd have a tough time picking out my very favorite......but I did love that blue jewelry from Dixie....Isn't she a sweetie?

YOU have been missed! I'm so happy you posted today. Bloggieville's been lonely without you.

You didn't mention Annie's participation in the pressie opening.....I'll bet she was beside herself in tickledom too!

Big hugs to you dear one.........

Spence

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

My goodness, that is some loot! Lucky you: )

Happy Pink Saturday,
Jacalyn

Betty said...

You are one lucky person! Enjoyed seeing all your wins/pinks.

Once in a while I have trouble loading pictures in blogger. Not very often though. If I'm having trouble I usually just wait a little while and it seems to self correct.

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, goodness! Did you hit the jackpot?! I love all of your sweet treasures!! And you are so incredibly gracious!!

I am SO glad it has finally warmed up for you. Hubs is going to Naples on Tuesday to visit Kevin and participate in a golf fundraiser. Lucky guy. One WHOLE week in the warm sunny weather!! Oh, poor me. Maybe the girls and I will have a little fun of our own. ;-)

SO happy you are back!!

xoxo
Janie

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Wowee, Sheila, you really did win some awesome stuff! You are in the drawing for the book too..if I were you, I would buy several lottery tickets.
♥, Susan

Marie said...

Wow! You are certainly in the cup runneth over category. Thanks for sharing the cute pics of the bracelet! Love them!

Connie said...

I've been terrible about commenting lately, but I'll repent, sugar!! I'm just so busy setting up things on the new iMac and.....well, you know how life sometimes kicks ya in th' b*tt!!!!
xoxo,
Connie

La Petite Gallery said...

Hello!!
I am a new visitor.
My gosh I am under 65 comments will you ever find me. Ouch!
great post;

yvonne in freezing Maine

Tammy518 said...

What wonderful things! You're right; you are one lucky lady and need to play the Lottery. Stay warm!

Anonymous said...

I have been having problems loading pictures too. Often they become distorted and I spend too much time figuring out how to undue the distortion. It seems as if blogger makes each editor they release less user friendly with time. They even used to have spell check, and that is gone now too.

As for your shiny objects, shiny people attract the shiniest of objects and certainly you are a magnet for beauty Sheila.

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh, Sheila!!! You HAVE been very lucky, haven't you?!! I'm rubbing against my computer screen right now, just hoping some of your luck rubs off on me!!! (0; I have won a couple of things this week, and thought that was unusually lucky, but I stand corrected! I AM very happy for you though!! Happy Pink Saturday, and hope you're enjoying your weekend! ~tina

Deborah said...

Sheila, you surely did haul them in. Wow I am impressed and glad that you liked it all. I have that exact same Martha book. I love her and buy her books whenever I see them in thrift shops. It is good to have you back. Happy Pink Saturday.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow Sheila you really hit the give away winning jackpot! Those are all wonderful prizes.

It's good to see you back on your blog...you are missed when away dear friend. Hope all is well and that the Florida sun is shining broght and warm again

Hugs, Pat

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

Oh those pink ornaments are to die for!! LOVELY!!

Hope you're having a fabulous Pink Saturday!

Hugs,
Sheri ~~ Prim Rose Hill Studio

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Looks like you hit the mother load. How lucy you are and everything is so beautiful.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Hey my Dear daughter yoi done hit the BIGEST Motherlode in town girl...Oh I loved seeing all these shiney thing you got and so many of them...Hey lets go to Vegas girl I'll meet you at the crap table ha ha!!
Hey I also named my first born Barbra Elizabeth...and Yes the name Barbra is spelled right ha ha!! Yes I already ha d few people tell me on my blog I spelled her name wrong that I forgot an A in it...Now if only she could sing like the other Barbra and keep her mama in warm weather and diamonds...Love ya girl...Your Ca. Mama...Gl♥ria

Mollye said...

Hey Sheila, Oh my goodness woman, I think I have aged another year since I began reading this post. What a lucky girl you are. And I am sayin each and every giftie is wonderful. What Blessings we receive from this thing called Bloggyland in just getting to know one another. Hugs my friend, Mollye

KayEllen said...

Happy PS Sheila!

Oh~~~~ I have that Martha Stewart book and she signed my copy in 1994!!

Wow, now I feel old! lol

Thank you for sharing all your beautiful treasures and goodies:)

xoxo
KayEllen

Light and Voices said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. I think you should go buy a lottery ticket and see what happens. My goodness, you are a lucky soul right now. I will remember the old cracked doll face in the mirror frame forever. What an image!
Joyce M

Betty Jo said...

Congrats on all your beautiful goodies! I agree, girl you should play the lottery and while you're at it, please play for me!! I adore those birdies and so need a set to go with mine from Target. Happy Pink Saturday!! ♥

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

How lovely! Every single pinky! Thanks for stopping by. Hope to see you again soon! Enjoy your pink treasures! Tammy

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!


Great surprises!



~ Gabriela ~

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

WOW, you sure have hit the mother load!! What absolutely wonderful goodies! The Marie Antoinette ornies are fabUlous as is the blue bling, yowza!!!

Happy PInk Saturday!

((Hugs))

Grace said...

Honey!! I am so late posting I could not post pictures until now! Ugh..I posted Marie Make-up! I LOVE what you received...so beautiful. You deserve them you are the sweetes! Happy Pink Saturday Grace xoxoxox

Candy said...

WOW you did make a haul you lucky little thang!
Happy Weekend Blessings ;-)

Anonymous said...

WOW, Sheila - great post. The pictures just got yummier and yummier -- I can't decide which one of the lovelies is my favorite!

Have a blessed weekend.

~✽Mumsy✽~ said...

You have so many marvelous goodies in pink! I like them, especially the angel ones.

BECKY said...

Oh MY Mrs. Magpie!! You certainly did reap in the booty didn't you??!!! And you know what I love the most??!! The fact that God knew what would bless you and made sure you got it!! What an awesome God, and wonderful friends!!

You sure do have a boat load of people who love you, gal!! And what's not to love??!! You are sheer delight to all you come in contct with, and I can't wait til March comes and we get to meet!! WOOHOO!! The highlight of spring!!

Love ya, and hope you have a wonderful day of praise and worship!! Thanks for sharing all of your pretties!!
Big Squishy HUGS,
Becky

Patricia said...

Happy Pink Saturday !!! I have enjoyed visiting your blog and viewing your lovely photos - the Marie artwork is so beautiful. Please a wonderful new week.

xinex said...

How wonderful to see you , Sheila! And how lucky are you to win so many beautiful, shiny and romantic items. You really should have bought a lottery ticket. My pictures were loading ok but I have not loaded since last night. I am really happy to see you back!...Christine

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sheila! I love all of your wonderful goodies! And such a nice assortment of frenchiness, too! I have also been reluctant to leave the house...too darn cold for me, too! But it is warming up here...hope it is for you, too! Have a wonderful weekned...hugs...Debbie

Julie said...

Hi Sheila, What a lucky girl...
The charm bracelet is gorgeous... Love it all...
Happy Pink Saturday
xoxo
Julie

gina said...

Hey Shelia, Sorry I have not been faithful with my blogging but it's been a little crazy at my house. I love all the vintage angels. and the gold fish comparison to us floridans yes it was very cold for some time. I think we are going to get one more cold snap here in Florida so be prepared. xoxox gina

dana said...

You lucky duck! Wow! I'll bet the UPS and postal folks were wearing a path to your door delivering those fantastic prizes!

It was so much fun to see all of your goodies and read the text about them. Thanks for the wonderful share on this Pink Saturday!

I'm glad you joined in this week and hope you'll be back to regular blogging soon. L, Dana

Anonymous said...

girl, you must be living right!! Everything is so so nice. Happy Pink Saturday.

BethieJ said...

Shelia I LOVE your post... EVERYTHING was FABULOUS.. and I ADORE the bracelet you won!! and your little blogger poem at the end was FUNNY!!! :)
Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Sheila! If I send you $1.00 will you buy a lottery ticket for me?! heehee!

You lucky ducky! Talk about bounty! You sure scored! So many beautiful things! I just wow, wow, WOW, Wow'ed my way thru your post!

Cheers!
Tina

akawest said...

You are very lucky, and very deserving, so do enjoy all of your new treasures.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Good morning my sweet girl...thanks so much for coming by your the best...people usally don't leave comments when I post antiques ha ha!! Hey its not their thing and I know that...but it really is my true passion in life ha ha!! Hope you have a Great Sunday my friend...don't work to hard...Love ya girl...Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

Sheila,
OMG! You deserve every gifts you got...You are one special blogfriend..that everyone love...They are just beautiful gifts... Thank for stopping by...haveint done pink saturday in awhile...but planning to come back soon...I did not know you wer for the Saints...love the Mannings too...I am now going to go watch the Colts and Jets...Go Colts! Then watch my Saints! Geaux Saints! Have a wonderful weekends..Smiles and Hugs! Kathy

Sarah said...

Sheila, it looks like you did win the lottery! My what a wonderful group of gifts.
Good luck with your projects. ~Sarah

Judi said...

Hi Sheila
Oh my goodness look at all the wonderful gifts you have received. YOu are just sooo lucky to have your name drawn so many times. Everything is beautiful. I love how you changed up he Christmas postcards daily as you did. That is a wonderful way to display them...love it.

So many lovely and whimsical gifts.
enjoy....thank you for sharing.
hope you have had a wonderful weekend
Judi

Dawn said...

My, such lovely shiny and creative things you keep finding in your mailbox! The holidays just keep going for you!

I'm hoping after Thursday we won't have to chase my sweetie around any more medical offices for a while!

Hugs,
Dawn

Tricia said...

Welcome back to blog land! It is so good to see you posting again. You have soooo many wonderful little prizes there. Lucky you. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos. Hope you are having a sunny weekend. We are having much rain here in MI. It makes for a good day to stay inside and relax. I'm loving it.

Blessings,
Tricia

Lorrie said...

So good to hear from you Sheila, your nest is just full to the brim with shiny, glittery treasures. I know you'll enjoy them all! I am back home in NC--returned before Christmas since my mom was so much better.

I hope you're making good progress putting your nest back in order and will be back with us regularly soon!

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm in agreement - go for the lottery! Congratulations!!

Our snow finally melted but it's been rainy ever since. At least we got a few warm days. I'm longing for spring!

Big hugs!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Mrs. Magpie...we do declare - you are quite delciously sparkely today! We are oooogeling over those baubles - quite lovely!!

Dawn said...

WOW!!!! That is some collection of goodies you have!!! All beautiful to boot!!!!

I love the Christmas post cards. They are gorgeous!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Sheila, WOW you are the lucky girl! I won a giveaway once, but I agree with Mr Magpie, go out and buy yourself a lottery ticket or two! Thanks so much for stopping by, and enjoy all of your loot! sue

Shirl said...

Hello I'm still making my Pink Saturday visits. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your pink post, what pretty gifts. Yes I am having trouble loading pics to on blogger. Takes forever! I thought it was my computer.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I always look forward to your comments on my blog and today was no exception. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your kind words about my daughter's story,
A Sidewalk's Sunday. No one deserves these goodie you won more than you! Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! I just had to come back! I love all the Chloes! That is a sweet name, don't you think? Hope you've had a good weekend and are feeling as right as rain!
Love ya and be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

claudie said...

OK 111
I forgot to ask if you saw your pretty hand towel in my kitchen. See if you can spot it. Kind of like "where's Waldo?"
It hangs there all the time. I think of you every time I see it, which is all day long : )
oxoxoxo

Elena said...

Oh what a fantastic feast for the eyes - everything is gorgeous.

.... wishing you a Happy (belated) Pink Saturday - have a lovely week.
Thank you for visiting - it's great having you pop in.

ciao for now,
Elena :)

Widge said...

wow! score!!
I just won my first give away last week (well technically 2nd, but the first I didnt even realise I was entering...it ended up being for the people who commented the most)a beautiful print off my gorgeous friend cat who is a whizz with her camera.

Congratulations to you!! Glad you had a wonderful Christmas :)
Thanks for all of your lovely comments on my blog xo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on all of your wins Sheila! Everything is so pretty. I'm glad to hear the weather is warming up in florida. I hope you are out, about, and enjoying yourself. I'm glad to see you back with all of us again.

Picket said...

Morning girl!!!!! Oh my word..I never heard of one person getting so many treasures at once!!! You should be set for birthday..Valentine's... Easter...and Christmas and every other special day for the whole year...you lucky thing you! lol lol but I couldn't think of a more deserving sweetie to get such blessings....look forward to seeing your new project!!!! Love ya girl...have a fantastic week

Anonymous said...

What pretty goodies :) They make me smile just looking at them!

And I know what you mean about the cold - it's just WRONG to be that cold this far south. Wrong.

the wild raspberry said...

it's so nice that you got to come up for some air!
love the bling~~~
chas

Unknown said...

What a windfall of fabulous treasures you've received, you lucky girl you!

Not having problems loading with blogger, but then, I only post weekly.

Cathy said...

What a wonderful post, Sheila. Thank you for sharing your treasures with us. I hope you've bought a lottery ticket or two recently.

Delightfully Wed said...

You sure were lucky to have gotten such wonderful goodies. I enjoyed looking at all of the pictures and seeing what you intend to do with each one. Congratulations!

Thanks for coming by my Blue Monday.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

That's quite a lovely haul, Mrs. Magpie!! I cannot think of a more deserving bird. ;-)

I found that Martha book at a church tag sale (an Episcopal church in fact, lol!!) this summer and nearly squealed in delight. It was among the best 50 cents I spent in 2009!

Lisa said...

HI! I love all your goodies!! It is so much fun to get special treats in the mail! I really liked all the great images in your beautiful frame! Have a super week!
Hugs, Lisa

puna said...

Wow such creativity out there in blog land! Thanks for sharing!

Southern Lady said...

How wonderful to be so loved and blessed with such sweet and thoughtful friends ... and no one is more deserving than you, Sheila.

I always look forward to your elegant pictures and inspiring and uplifting words, and I'm so glad you are posting again.

I also want to thank you for all the sweet and gracious comments you leave for me at Southern Lagniappe. They mean a lot to me.

jeanne said...

Dear Sheila, it has been a long Christmas at your house. All the gifts are very you and lovely. I love it all but the postcards were my fave. You know I love vintage soooo much. Maybe because I'm vintage too. HA!

I am soooo happy to be home from my Uncle's funeral and blogging again. I arrived home last night. I couldn't wait to get up this am and start visiting my friends. My surprise was your lovely post.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs and love, Jeanne

2sisters said...

I;m so glad you surfaced, we have missed you! What lovely surprises you have won! You really are lucky! Hope you are getting a lot done :)
teri

Emily said...

Ooo, all so pretty Sheila! Lucky lady :) Have a great week!

Monica said...

Sheila, can't choose a favorite among all your treasures! Maybe the Christmas bracelet and the vintage angels... you must be on cloud nine for all those gifts!
Thank you for your lovely comment!
Monicax.

Michelle said...

Hey Sheila! I'm back to look at the shiny stuff again!

Can't get enough glitz and glam in my life! :))

Rostrose said...

May be it needed you hours to get the photos on the blog - but they are gorgeous!
I just stopped over to tell you that there is a little "giveaway-lottery" on my blog.
Maybe you've got the time and the good mind to go in for my draw. Would make me happy :o)
Hugs from Austria, Traude

sunnymama said...

Oh what a lot of shiny and lovely gifts! :)