Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Ahoy, Me Hearties... There's Pirates About! Quick, Guard The Giveaway!



Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!



We pillage and plunder, we rifle and loot...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!



We extort and pilfer, we filch and sack...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



Maraud and embezzle and even hijack...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



Yo ho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me!



We kindle and char, inflame and ignite...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



We burn up the city, we're really a fright...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



We're rascals and scoundrels, we're villains and knaves...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



We're devils and black sheep, we're really bad eggs...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



We're beggars and blighters and ne'er-do-well cads...



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



Aye, but we're loved... by our mommies and dads!



Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!



Yo ho...



Yo ho...



A pirate's life...



For me!



The shiny object pilfering sounds like magpies at work, but the rest sounds a bit like lawyers to me. Argh and no offense, my dear Mr. Magpie! ;-)



This post is dedicated to my favorite pirates:

Captain Jack Sparrow (sailing the screens of theatres worldwide... Johnny Depp, I love you!)...



Captain Hook (as only Dustin Hoffman can reveal him!)...



Smee (Hook's sidekick brought to life by the inimitable Bob Hoskins)...



Jean Lafitte (pictured below) and Jacinto Lubrano (pirate heroes of the Battle of New Orleans, the War of 1812)...



Sir Francis Drake (whom the Spanish considered a pirate and who burned our St. Augustine neighborhood in the 1500's... why'd you do it, Francis???)...



John Paul Jones (American naval hero in the American Revolution whom, according to Churchill, the British considered a privateer a.k.a. pirate)...



Cecelia, my very favorite pirate lass, waiting for her ship to come in...



And Pi-rat (look at his tiny little hat!), the cutest itty-bitty pirate that ever sailed the seven seas...



Lyrics from the song, Yo Ho! (A Pirates Life For Me), are by Atencio and Bruns. This is the original version of the theme song for Disney World's famous attraction, Pirates of the Caribbean, my favorite Disney adventure. Not only is it air conditioned, you get to glide around in little boats!



Pirates are compliments of the St. Augustine Pirate Parade, while the pirate ship in the bay is better known as the Black Raven. Argh!



Now, even though pirates are for every season, I thought they might just brighten up this time after the holidays, so I'm joining up with the crew aboard The SS Tablescaper for Seasonal Sundays right HERE.



Next, I'm popping over to visit Smiling Sally for Blue Monday since I think the blue skies and several blue pirate costumes qualify me for that event right HERE.



Then, I'm joining Susan's Southern Daydreamer crew for Outdoor Wednesday right HERE .



Hope you'll sail along with us for those events!



Thanks so much for visiting me today. As always, I look forward to seeing what's up in your world! :-)



Oh, and one last and very important item... DRAWING WINNER ANNOUNCED!

I want to thank all of you who left comments for my 200th post (two year) giveaway! I read and appreciate every single comment. You are the sweetest! Now, all of those names went into the random number hat, and the winner of the drawing for the china is a newbie blogger who has a blog called LUNCHEONS AT THE JUNCTION. Congratulations, Ms. Luncheon! Please email me with your shipping information so you can receive your sea chest of crockery! That sea chest is either going to consist of a place setting of her pattern, Evesham Gold by Royal Worcester (formerly on Princess Diana's wedding list) or a set of ramekins in the same pattern! Pretty fun plunder, aye?


ARRRRRRRGH!

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)



P.S. Please stay tuned later this year for a fun tour of St. Augustine's new pirate museum!




Ahoy! I just got word, me hearties, that there's more plunder for the taking over at Savannah Granny's. Go HERE to see the loot!

92 comments:

The Muse said...

you are by far and away the very sweetest pirate to set sail upon the blogland seas~!
(hugs) LOL

The Muse said...

GOOD GOLLY,
I have the first comment?


Time to go buy a ticket...LOL

Fifi Flowers said...

Looks like FUN!

Savannah Granny said...

Sweet Lady Pirate, You have permission to board our vessel any day. What's ours is yours! Love the colorful guys and the costumes are fantastic. Was this recently? The day looks so beautiful but then you were the only state that didn't have snow.
Congrat to Ms. Luncheon. so glad the bad boys didn't make off with the spoils of victory.
Hugs, Ginger

HAHA, I'm not late this time!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Pirates of the Caribbean is one of my favorite Disney rides too!
Love this Sheila!
I bet it is so fun to be in St. Augustine and see this cool parade and all the fun pirates that join in!
I can skip the rat one though! lol.
He's cute, but not that cute, if you know what I mean. hehe.
It's my last day in Phoenix and I hate to leave. It's been sunny and 70's the whole time I've been here.
Hugs Friend,
Cindy

Sue said...

You are way to much fun Shelia! This was such a fun post!! Congratulation to Ms Luncheon, I will visit her. may you have many more posts and anniversaries!
Much love,
Sue

Grace said...

Aww what a fun Pirate Girlie are You!! Grace xoox

Gloria said...

This was a colorful and fun post, Sheila -- Love all of the pirates, male and female! Isn't it funny how grown people love to dress up like little kids? (I guess we never grow up, do we? LOL!) And congrats to the winner, Ms. Luncheon, of your Giveaway. You are a very generous blogger, Mrs. Magpie!! :)
Best,
Gloria

The Tablescaper said...

So fun!!!

Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sundays!

- The Tablescaper

Millie said...

What fun...and in one of our favorite travel spots...St A!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I must say - I loved Pi-Rat. What great photos and such fun! Thanks YoHo

Anonymous said...

How fun! Looks like a great time!

Sarah said...

What a fun post, Ms. Magpie! Captain Jack, my fav too!
Congratulations to the lucky lady. I'm off to visit Luncheon at the Junction. Clever name. ~ Sarah

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Congratulations to the winner of your giveaway. Great photos. Looks like fun was had by one and all!

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Oh, that just looked like it was a blast! Now I am going to be talkin' like a pirate! LOL

Dianne said...

What fun. Thanks for explaining the Pirates on Parade, I wasn't sure what it was! Still not sure about what looks like a green witches' hat on the back of ship?

Southern Lady said...

What a fun way to begin my day, Sheila!

Congratulations on your 200th post -- your eloquence, delightful imagination, and sweet, gracious spirit never fail to brighten my days. I look forward to the next 200!

Lynn said...

That's quite a parade Sheila! Looks like everyone is having a good time:@)

Pat said...

Thank you so much for sharing this parade. I loved it. And to see sunshine and blue sky!

Kat said...

This was a fun way to start my morning Sheila! "Pirates" is one of my favorite rides at Disney too. Congratulations to Miss Luncheon! I love it when a new blogger wins a giveaway! This parade looks like such fun, and they really look like very "nice" pirates :) That little rat in the hat is the cutest thing! But my favorite is the littlest pirate lass - pirates wear Lily Pulitzer now? How fun! Hope you have a wonderful week Sheila. Kat

The Decorative Dreamer said...

OMG! I totally want to visit St.Augustine now. A Pirate parade is right up my alley! What fun! I was expecting to see a bunch of drunk pirates at the end of this post though, with all those yo ho,ho,ho's. LOL! I agree with you, I love Cap'nt Jack Sparrow too, he has such an adorable swagger doesn't he? LOL! Loved this post, and it surely did brighten up my day! We are still covered with snow that has'nt melted fast enough so I really needed this. I may just have to go sit on my boat some today! Thanks!

Luncheons at the Junction said...

Sheila - I never win anything!Thank you so much for this wonderful news and for such a generous Giveaway! I can't wait to show it off to all of our fellow bloggers! And yes - have those wonderful Pirates guard my bootie! Love them - and it looks like you had tons of fun! Thanks again!

dana said...

Ahoy to you, too!!! :) Loved your pirate parade....and LOVE Johnny Depp as Cap't Sparrow! I can watch those movies over and over...and I have! :)

Congrats on you blogging milestone....and congrats to the winner of your giveaway! You are a great and creative blogger.....I'm looking forward to many, many, many more posts from you!

Also, your tablescape was a beauty!

Hope you're having a great weekend!! We're still frozen in KC.....with more of the stuff to fall tomorrow. :( Florida sounds like such a great place to be right now!

L, Dana

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
I really enjoyed this fun post. I could feel the wonderful atmosphere through your pictures. I always love my virtual visits to St Augustine.
Congratulations to your giveaway winner. She is one lucky pirate today.
Lindsay
x

Blondie's Journal said...

What a wonderful parade, Sheila! At first I thought we were at Treasure Island in Vegas! ;-D. Really neat pictures, mate!

Hooray to the winner of your generous giveaway! Hope all is well in your world...it was 12 degrees when I woke up this morning. Brrrrr.

XO,
Janie

Sue said...

Nothing like a little Johnny Depp to brighten my Sunday! This looks like a fun event. Congrats to your winner!

Hope you are having a great day!

Rhonda Roo said...

arrrghhh me hearty lass! I had no idea there was (a) a pirate parade at st.augustine and (b) a new museum! Eeks! How fun! Cowboy and I need to plan a long weekend and er, rustle up some booty? Does that sound bad? I dunno. Er.

Loved Pi-rat!!!
XOXOXOXOX

Anonymous said...

Such a fun post, Sheila!

Kathy said...

Aaaaaaaaaaaaarghhhh me Matey!! LOVED THIS!! Loved that little pi-Rat too. Was he real? What fun, fun, fun. Don't we just love pirates?! I know the real ones were pretty despicable but I'm telling you, Captain Jack/Johnny can park his pirate boots under my bed any day. Well, my husband might object...

hahahaha!! This was fun, Sheila!

Kathy

Marlis said...

Love the parade.. Love St. Augustine. Met Pat Boone there.. Okay it was a long time ago. He was stopped along the side of the road to fort and we were walking along. He was taping something for the travel network. I just love parades and this one looked like a blast.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

This must be such a fun parade to see in person, Sheila! The pirate costumes were very imaginative as was your post. St Augustine is the perfect place to celebrate!

I remember enjoying the "Pirates of the Caribbean" ride in Disney World very much! My daughter is visiting DW with friends this weekend and is having a wonderful time!

Did you know that some of the pirate Captain Kidd's buried fortune was found here in Brooklyn, NY?

Congrats to your china winner. That is a very generous give away and she is very lucky.

Have a wonderful week!
♥ Pat

Cindy said...

Oh my, Shelia, what fun we did have!!! I felt like I was there. Your blog is so fun, I wish I knew you for real.
Loved the photos and the song.
Congrats to the winner of the chest full of china, I am a teeny weeny bit jealous.
Hugs, Cindy

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Yo ho ho and a bottle of Rum! What fun.

nannykim said...

We have some good pirate stories here in SC and NC , but don't ask me to tell you them!

Unknown said...

what a great pirate story...yo ho ho!!!

Anne Fannie said...

You crack me up!
I truly enjoyed this post!
Happy Blue Monday!
Ann

Pie said...

How fun!

My Blue Monday.

Jan said...

Wow, what an amazing post! Glad I came across you on Blue Monday.
Hugs,
Jan

bj said...

A fantastic post, matey...
I LOVE pirates...and ESPECIALLY Mr. JOHNNY DEPP....:)))

Mylene said...

cute costumes :D

Anonymous said...

What a great post! I was just wondering if you were sober by the end of writing it~lol!
Want to go to the Gasperella (SP?) feast late January! Hope I can make it!
Smiles~
Cricket

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

How fun Sheila. We romanticize pirates today, but I bet they were frightening in person out on the high seas. I wouldn't want to run into one of these guys on a dark night (with the exception perhaps of the handsome Johnny Depp - smile).
Sam

Picket said...

Morning girl! That looks like a fantastic parade...for a minute I thought that was you in the fishnet stockings showing all that leg!!! lol
Congrats on your 200th post and congrats to the winner..looking forward to the next 200...just wanted to come by and say I love ya girl and I hope you have a fantastic week!!! Picket

Tammy@Simple Southern Happiness said...

Argh!! a pirates life for me.....

BOY! that a parade and the costumes, looks like so much fun. I needed to see some sunny photos.

Your little ditty I will not get out of my head for the rest of the day..... I will grab one of my parrots and slap him on my shoulder, dig me up some ale.......ginger-ale that is.... and sing while I clean the kitchen.... Yo..ho...ho...

You have a blessed day.

Unknown said...

OMG, what a grand old time you must have had!

bunny The Paris House said...

Now that I know pirates can wear Lilly Pulitzer I do believe I want to be one too!! :) How adorable you are the best!! I love how you take us along on your journeys.
xx
Bunny
PS, the video is in the sidebar but the live Ask Bunny video stream isn't until February 10th Sam and I were just doing a test run!!
Have a great day

SmilingSally said...

You're having WAY too much fun during this dreary winter!

Happy Blue Monday, Sheila.

Jenny said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you're feeling better sweet lady!

What a fun, fun post. And happy congratulations to the lucky winner!

So good to see you being rowdy again...matey!

gengen said...

Wow that was fun event. Thanks for sharing. Happy blue Monday.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

ARGH Indeed!! Look at those blue skies! It looks so WARM.... Simply gorgeous! I adore Johnny Depp too!! The BEST!!

Congrats to Ms. Luncheon! Lucky girl!!!

Lou Cinda :)

Terry said...

Howdy Magpie :)
Happy Blue Monday to you !
Wow I just really love this post .
I don't know how many times I have been here to look at the great photos more than a few and it is always the same I grin from ear to ear .
Thank you for the miles of smiles .
Have a blessed rest of the week .
Untl next time
Happy Trails

Scribbler said...

Hey lady! What a cute post! I enjoyed the look at all the cute pirates (and also some of those who unfortunately are not as cute as Johnny Depp). Thanks for stopping by to say hi!

Anonymous said...

What a fun post. Great to read on an rainy day in Florida.

Anita Diaz said...

Oh how fun this must be! The blue sky and sunshine look so great right about now!! You are welcome any time for hot chocolate, then playing in the dishes!!

Ann said...

Your a might clever Pirate Gal!! Love the pictures of St. Augustine-never been there but wow looks like so much fun. Happy Blue Monday
Ann

Chatty Crone said...

Okay now that looked like so much darn fun - I want to go to that next year. I love pirates and parties!

Love,
sandie

genny said...

nice pictures and very lively. i like the blue shades in your pictures. thanks for dropping by at my blog. happy BM!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

ohhh you've got our heart a-thumping talking about Johnny Depp Sylvia! We took the kiddos to the movie today and saw the preview for the new "Pirates" movie....we both needed to fan ourselves :) YOU understand now, don't you?!!
The parade looks like it was a super fun time...loved looking at all of those costumes...oh my :)

Charlotte said...

Hi Sheila....love all the pirates...Miss B would have been right at home in the parade...
I cannot believe all I have missed in the past month...Hope your well and having a great New Year!!

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

What great parade pictures Shelia! That looks like so much fun! Fun post! laurie

GoodyGirlRed said...

Reminds me of my childhood watching my dad in the Salty Sea Days parade in Seattle. I love your pictures!

joyh82 said...

What a fun post, looks like a blast was had by all pirate lady!

Joan said...

Now that's a lot of pirates! :)

Thanks for stopping by my blog today and the welcome to Blue Mondays.

Erica (Irene) said...

Wow!!! What a lot of pirates, this looks like a fun time. I love anything with pirates, I use to enjoy stories in my younger days especially growing up with brothers.
Thanks you for your nice comment on my Blog.

Dena E's Blog said...

Oh my GOSH Sis,, look at your comments,,WOW!!! I sooo love you for your notes of encouragements and prayers etc... Your post here was/is a DELIGHT!!!! Brought memories back for me of Disneylands pirates of the carribean ride.. LOVE IT btw...
My spirits are up and down form the business. This is a slow time of year we've been told, plus the economy.. But I'm feelin RICH Sis because of notes and prayers like yours.. So, its all good with God as our CEO here, and with notes like yours have been. Blogging Sister's in Him have sooooo blessed me . More than mere words can say.. You're like an angel to me, blessing me with your warm and kind thoughts, words and prayers... Thanks soooo MUCH!!!
Happy BLUE Monday ...BTW, how can I get the logo thing for outdoor wednesday, do you know??? I snet her an email asking since I couldn't find it at her blog..
Blessings and Love from God above, and me too...Hugs Dena

Dena E's Blog said...

Oh,,,its a giveaway huh... I wasn't entering it ,, just wanted to say HUGsss and Thanks for YOU Mrs Pirate and your specialness and prayers...I'm missing Disneyland now :0( and my old home in Cali.. ahh well, someday Super~Hubbs and I will return once again and, settle into the boats there at P of T C and be off me hardies,,,yo~~~ho!!!!! Yes, like 5 times a visit.. We try to get the 5 day pass when we travel to Disneyland...I mean, driving 2000 miles to only get in one day, no way.. Of course, 1 day right now would be a blessing too :0)
Hugsatch Sheila...And oooooodles of LOVE~~~Dena

Jeanne said...

Hi Sheila, I have wanted to come over all day and I was hanging with my cousin Bob. We were trying to make a path through the snow so he could walk to the cabin from our home without slipping in the snow. Then we trucked over to my sisters home across the mountain a mile from here to try and dig out his truck that is stuck on her mountain road. We were not successful. His truck will have to wait for more snow to melt. Bill and our backyard neighbor, (my other sister) tried to get the snow off our driveway. We were successful with that and She got her car up the road and home after eight days stuck at the bottom of our drive. Cooking diner and falling asleep until now. Whew! Did I mention my cousin beat me two out of three card games as well.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally am viewing your adorable post.
Your pirate parade is really great fun. It looks like the pirates had more fun than anyone. Smile. Great photos and I love your poem. I feel like I was watching the parade up close and personal. Cecelia looks adorable waiting for her ship to come in. I know all of you had the time of your life watching such an unusual parade.

It's time to say goodnight my dear friend.
Love you much,
Jeanne xoxoxo

Unknown said...

Hi Ms. Sheila. I enjoyed your post again as always. You have such fun and friendly pirates over here. thanks for the wonderful post.

Anni said...

Oh, I was a bit worried that you would forget Jack Sparrow - but you didn't!

Fantastic pictures of all pirates and their lovely costumes!

Eileen said...

Oh, Sheila, such fun!
And I did make sure to let my grandson see this, and he loved it too! We are both stuck in today (ice storm here!), so this was lots of fun for us, he just asked me, "Can we go there now?"
I loved the photo of Cecelia watching the ship, that was a great shot! And when I asked Jayden which photo he liked best he said, "All of them!"
It's funny when we saw the ship with the dragon head he said, "That looks like a Viking ship." And sure enough as we scrolled down the next photo had the guy in the Viking helmet!
And Captain Jack Sparrow is one of his heroes, so he was excited to see that picture, I think he was Jack for three Halloweens in a row! 'Pirates of the Caribbean' is one of his favorite movies and of course it's his favorite ride at Disney World! He would flip out to be able to see this in person, but this was the next best thing. Thanks so much for this post.

I tried to get here three times yesterday but I am having so much trouble again with blogger. Well, I'm happy we were able to be here on this dismal day, it really helped to brighten our morning!
Love to you,
Eileen

Becky said...

I just adore your blog, the name of your blog, and the thought behind it. This is a great post. And even though you didn't link with Ruby Tuesday, it would fit right in there, too.

Pirates of the Caribbean is my fav WDW ride, too. And we all swoon over Capt. Jack Sparrow. Happy RT.

Papillon Bleu said...

Sheila!!! I have the song stuck in my head now!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Sheila Sweetie...
What a gorgeous share today. I SO adore this post. I love the pirates and pirate ladies and lasses that you shared. How precious this is. Everyone had such a wonderful time.

I so enjoy setting sail with you each and every time I come to your blog. It is a new adventure and so many treasures to be had in each and every corner. Thank you for taking me sailing.

Congratulations to Ms Luncheon. She is a very lucky gal.

Thank you so much for touching my life these last 2 years. I enjoy you sweet friend and your magical posts.

Have a gorgeous week sweetie. Many hugs, blessings and much love, Sherry

Sue said...

Oh what fun to either participate in this parade or watch it from the sidelines! And even better to be under blue skies and in warm weather!! It is cold and dreary here in the midwest and we are expecting more snow. Spring- when will you be here?
~ Sue

Dhemz said...

ahoy! oh boy, that looks fun....how I wish I was there to take pictures....:) thanks for sharing and thanks for dropping by at my BM entry.

Dixie said...

Sheila... you made me so jealous with those beautiful blue skies of Florida!... the sun is finally shinning today here in South TX... have a joyous week. Hugs. Dixie!

LemonyRenee' said...

Sheila, what fun this post is! We just got back from Disney World and thoroughly enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean experience. Ya just gotta love the pirate way. I couldn't stop saying, "Quit waving your colors, ya brazen wench!" all day. (It was all funny until my son started imitating me, whoooops!) Thanks for the fun.

P.S. Thanks for being so kind to my boy by commenting on his blog so generously. He is getting such a thrill from his blog. ;)

Kathleen said...

Whoa, there are some very busty pirate wenches there!
Congrats to Luncheons at the Junction! I love her blog, she lives in the state next door!

April said...

So very happy for the LUCKY winner of your generous giveaway! That pirate parade looks right up my alley...FUN TIMES!!!

Shaam said...

Hi Sheila! Thanks so much for leaving the sweet comment on my weight loss post back in October I've missed you! Hope you had a happy new year! The pirate parade looks awesome! How excited are you for the new Pirates of the Caribbean?

All the best,
Allison

akawest said...

I love this town!

Mary Bergfeld said...

Sheila, this is really over the top. It certainly is the most original Blue Monday post I've ever seen. I loved every frame of it. Some of my best friends are pirates :-). Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Dena E's Blog said...

Thanks Sweetie,,,just sent you an email too!!!!
Big IOWA Hugsssss~~~Dena

Anonymous said...

Hello Sheila!

My fave pirate from the bunch would be Pi-rat! :-) Even he has a wee hat.

Me I'm just popping here and there. Still learning to balance work and relax time (which I don't have the luxury of having :-( )

Still, wishing you a Happy New Year!

Mizpah,
Li

Rettabug said...

Boy, did THIS bring back memories!! We used to see Gasparilla Pirate Fest in Tampa Bay...what a blast!

Congrats to Ms. Luncheon on being the winner of your wonderful plunder. LOL

Thanks for your very sweet birthday wishes, Shelia. They made my day, honest!

Decor To Adore said...

I visited Pirate Alley in N.O.L.A last March and of course a favorite memory is of our Pirate Ship cruise in Greece. Such fun. No doubt I am "the booty". :)

La said...

What a very fun post. My cousin and her husband celebrated New Year's Eve 2009 in St. Augenstein on a pirate ship. I would love to do something like that. La

Linda said...

Great post...you put a big smile:0)
on my face today!!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hello Miss Sheila! What a fun post! I love pirates, too! And of course, I'll be at the front of the line for Monsieur Depp's new movie! lol I happened to be in NOLA on Talk Like a Pirate Day and found Pirate's Alley peopled with a virtual sea of them! I also loved your tablescape for one...lovely!...especially the tablecloth! I didn't leave a comment earlier so as not to be counted in, as you have been far too generous with me already! :-) The Aristochats say hello, by the way! I hope you are feeling much better!...hugs...Debbie

Monica said...

Oh my gosh! Soo much fun! Love, love this post!
Thanks, Sheila! I'm off to watch Pirates of the Carribean ;))
Monicax.

HollyC said...

I love pirates and I love this post and I LOOOVVEEE Johnny Depp!!! Thanks for sharing all the fun. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.
~Holly

Jeanne said...

Dear Sheila, Thank you so much for your comment about my family. You are so sweet. Yes, Christina and her hubby and boys were there and I agree with your comment about Cody and his sneakers. He is 16 and has opinions about what he wants to wear. Christina wisely picks her battles and he got to wear his sneakers. He is a real character for sure. His long hair is always in his eyes. Sigh. I love him to pieces and the rest of our grands too.

We had the most wonderful time with our grands and kids at the wedding. We are so blessed.

I am on a diet to lose a few pounds too. Christmas goodies are dangerous. Smile.

Love you much,
Jeanne xoxoxo.