Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Claiming My Blog

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

As Reader comes to an end, I have decided to join several of my favorite blog friends on Bloglovin'. I have no idea if this is the best way to read blogs, but I am going in this direction since I have had some of my nearest and dearest assure me that I will like it.

Since this is the last day for Reader, I just want to say how much I have enjoyed using this to follow all of your blogs over the years.  I waited to the eleventh hour in the hopes that the folks at Reader would change their minds, but I was afraid I might lose the friends I follow and didn't want to do that. Hence, the change. I also don't want to leave any loyal readers behind, so I am leaving a bread crumb trail in the hopes that you can find me.  I feel as if they are breaking up a family.

I went into blogging not having a clue what I was doing, and I had friends who helped me along.  Now, I am doing the same thing with the change to Bloglovin'. People have complained to me over the years about not having a blog widget on my blog, but I followed everyone who was kind enough to follow me along with other blogs I like and wanted to be sure I could keep up with both reading and reciprocal blogging. It also helped assure I could blog with the people who really wanted to blog with me. But with this latest change and the breaking up of the Reader family, I am going to try to add a Bloglovin' widget for your convenience.

If you choose to follow by a different method, that works, too, but if you do that and have a blog, please let me know so I can follow you on Bloglovin'.  I like to follow the people who follow my blog.  Does that make sense?  I hope so.  I'm not sure I understand all the repercussions of this change. 

Sending love to you across the miles and my sincere thanks for your friendship over the years...

XO,

The Quintessential Magpie

(Sheila)

P.S.  It might take me a while to figure out how to put a widget on my sidebar, but I hope to have one soon!  Claiming my blog is a part of this process so no pretty pictures today. In the mean time, you "might" be able to click on the blue line in the top of this post.  xoxoxo

25 comments:

Sarah said...

I've moved my list of blogs that I follow to Bloglovin, but sadly Bloglovin doesn't recognize my blog for others to add me to Bloglovin. They tell me the feed is valid, but that Bloglovin can't recognize my blog. I need to change some of the code, but have no idea what to do. So if you want updates to my blog, you can sign up for email updates. The widget is at the top of my sidebar. Hope to keep in touch.......Sarah

Cranberry Morning said...

I signed up for Bloglovin' too, but totally did not understand all that monkey business about 'claiming' my blog. I am using Feedly (Feedly.com) reader to follow all my blogs. When I signed up with Feedly, they automatically merged all my GFC blogs into Feedly so I didn't have to list them one by one. I didn't have Google Reader, but folks tell me that Feedly is like Google Reader. I like the 'Title View' because I can see all my blogs at a glance (more or less). Hope you have a lovely evening!

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

I have used bloglines.com for years - not sure if you will lose me - but I won't lose you - I look forward to all your posts.

Terri D said...

Sheila, I tried BlogLovin and Feedly. I settled on Feedly as my reader of choice, and like it so far. It really doesn't matter what reader we use, as long as we swing over our reading lists, we will all still be together and nothing will be lost.

Looking forward to uninterrupted reading!! Love & hugs.

Chatty Crone said...

Well I followed you on Bloglovin - follow me so we won't lose contact. I think it is just a way to follow one another. My question is if some go to Feedly and some to Bloglovin then ...... sandie

SmilingSally said...

I clicked the blue line, but I didn't go any farther with it as it asked me to "like" on Facebook.

Are you sure that this is what you want?

Debbie said...

I follow you by looking on my sideboard, but I would do the blog lovin too.

Now, how to add this to mine? I hadn't done it because I'm lame and pathetic.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sheila,
I am still trying to figure it out myself.
I will find you there I'm sure.
Happy 4th my friend,
Cindy

Decor To Adore said...

It is so hard to decide. I added a blog loving button as well and still keeping my feed options open.

Anonymous said...

following on BlogLovin Sheila. I wish they would just leave things alone. Don't you? thoughts and prayers for your "mom". xo

Jenny said...

I'd like to switch over but that would require more than 14 seconds!

As for now, we are hopping in the car and heading to New Mexico.

Sending a big hug your way!

Cindy said...

I'm not using Bloglovin, I am like you, I believe in reciprocal blogging. I visit all who visit me.
Hugs, Cindy

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

It is all so confusing to me...on Bloglovin but keep you on my sidebar so I can make sure to stay in touch!
Blessings,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Magpie -

I have you in my favorites on my computer, and I check daily or a couple of times a week to see if you post. I will find you. Never fear.

Hugs,

Adrienne

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! Oh, I was so glad to crown your two sweet ladies. Hope you're having a great weekend.
Bea sweetie,Shelia :)

jeanne, backyard neighbor said...

Wow, June 10, and I am just reading this. I have to say our summer has flown by so far. Camping, Our grands etc. I will try to find you Sheila. I hope if you see this you will be in touch with me. I don't want to lose you. I admit my visiting has become very few and I am trying to get in touch with the friends I care about.
I hope Blog Lovin is all you expect it to be.
Love you much,
Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Hello friend. Catching up on visits with bloggy friends today.
I nearly drove myself crazy with all the latest blog following changes, so I'm just sticking to the good ol' blogroll on my sidebar and an occasional browse through bloglovin.
Hugs.

Maison Mutt said...

Hi Sheila! I have you bookmarked & check in whenever I'm online (haven't been recently due to a move). Just got internet back online today & you're my first stop. I'm not sure about all these readers...how has your Bloglovin experience been so far? I have Linky but I don't really see a benefit from it. Let me know your thoughts. Wags, Niki

Vicki said...

Hi, Sheila,
I am not sure what bloglovin is so I will just see if I can find you. I appreciate your friendship very much. If I can figure everything out, I will visit you at your new place. Hope you have a beautiful upcoming September weekend! Love and hugs to you, my friend~ Vicki

Vicki said...

Sheila, I just read about "mom", your wonderful mother-in-law. I know she is an inspiration to you. She is a great example to us all. I know she feels very fortunate to have you as her daughter-in-law. I would say you are both very lucky!!

Beth at Aunties said...

I not on bloglovin and blogger is so foreign to me... I feel so far out of the loop.. You my sweet friend, are one of my few favorite blogging friends who I think about often and have wiggled into my heart... I wish I had more time to keep up with blogging.
I am privileged to be still caring for my sweet mom who we moved to Utah the month my FIL passed away. She has developed a good case of dementia which requires a ton of my time. I also recently went through a cancer scare and colon surgery. I am so humbly grateful, blessed and cancer free! isn't life crazy, and a beautiful ride?
To celebrate we are soon heading to Orlando, in your neck of the woods, with six of our grandchildren and their mom and dad. I just hope I can handle the heat and the lovely humidity :) lol

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, friend. Thought I'd stop by and wink. ;)
Hope you are well.
Love and blessings!
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I haven't ever gotten into Reader. I found Feedly and it has a great magazine style - but haven't been on it in a while. Might have to look at Bloglovin. ??

Nice to see you - been a while since I've been by.

Take care! Jenn

Barbara said...


Shelia, Been gone to long....not familiar with Reader or where you are now....trying to return to blogging. Hope you get this message, sure did miss you.

BECKY said...

Sheila, I haven't tried bloglovin or any other "new" blog things. I still follow you on my "regular" Blog Roll List I've always had!