Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Saturday Shopping


Saturday Shopping... it seems remote today with so much going on and me riding in the caboose in terms of getting this posted. I did, however, take time out to shop around the blogsphere to see what I could see. The talent and generosity of bloggers never ceases to amaze me!

I had actually spied a special giveaway earlier in the week, and I'm going to attempt to hook you up. This giveaway is Melissa Wertz's way of celebrating her 100th post on her blog called Little Things in Life. You must understand that sharing this with you is very generous on my part because I love Christmas china and would selfishly like to horde, I mean have this set for Mr. Magpie and me. ;-) However, in the spirit of Christmas and as my special Christmas gift to you, I'm letting you in on this secret for a chance to win! She's got other goodies riding in the sleigh with this china set, too!

I haven't had my blog tutorial yet (a fellow blogger has kindly volunteered!), so I'm going to just leave the link here, and hook it up later with the little thingy Melissa sent me. But don't forget to come back because I've got something else fun to show you!


http://missy-thingsinlife.blogspot.com/2008/11/give-way.html

In the knowledge that we can't all win that cute snack set and the wonderful goodies that go with, I have this present for you. Another blogger I read has shared the most delightful ideas for what she does with her children at Christmas. And if you don't have little munchkins at home, you might want to read her post anyway because it will inspire you to think outside the box and be creative for friends, family or neighbors. You might even want to volunteer to be the Santa who rings the bell and runs!

Curious? I'm speaking here of Sandy Toes and her blog, Shell in My Pocket. As I mentioned in the above paragraph, I haven't had my blog tutorial yet, so I'm going to just leave the link here, and hook it up with her cute pajama picture from her blog later!


http://shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com/2008/11/was-that-doorbell.html

Sandy Toes has got another fun idea about making memories with simple things. See this ticket?


Yep, that one. The one I "borrowed" from her blog to link back to this (when I have my tutorial).

This is Sandy Toe's very own ticket to a world of fun for you and the special people in your life. Single? Don't have kids? Well, you can give it to your friends or family! See what she does with it here...

http://shellinyourpocket.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2008-11-18T00%3A01%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=5


She has got to be one of the most creative people in Blogdom. And her blog is fun, too! This is possibly one of the best free Christmas gifts you can give yourself because she always has something nifty going on over there.

Oh, and Happy Shopping!


Quintessentially,



Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheila, Your post today is fun to read. You are so generous to share your knowledge of the good things offered in blogland. I took myself over to sign up. Now I am back. Thank you for your very sweet comment on my post today. I am very happy to meet you too. Sometimes a connection just happens and I believe that was us. smiling. Have a happy rest of the weekend.

Hugs...Jeanne

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Jeanne!

Thanks so much for dropping by today. :-) I have been out a wedding and got in a little while ago. Thought I would check in before bed.

I am very happy that we had a chance to meet. I look forward to blogging with you.

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I sure wish posts had an edit button. I know that Melissa will be happy you signed up with her!

XO,

Sheila

Carol said...

Hi Sheila,
So nice of you to pay me a visit today. I see you are a new blogger, great job! I look forward to stopping by again soon.
Blessings,
Carol

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Carol, it's nice to meet you! I enjoyed your lovely fall scenes and wanted to compliment you on them. Thanks so much for dropping by. :-) Hope you'll check out the giveaway on Melissa's board. The plates are so cute.

Sheila

Picket said...

hey gril..hope you are having a great weekend...great post full of great info sweetie...thanks! Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday this year!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Sheila!! Shelia's are great names no matter how you spell them, right? lol Appreciate all the knowledge today. Come back and see me anytime, we Sheila/Shelias must stick together.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your beautiful photos. It is nice to see that SPB has a thing for gorgeous fabrics. I will be stopping back by to see if he has any more adventures...Debbie

cotedetexas said...

hi - thank you so much for your really sweet comment about my house! I really appreciated it!!!! seriously - soo sweet!

JOni

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Dot -- thanks for stopping in tonight! I'm always happy to see you. Please allow me to return your sentiment in wishing you and yours a very Happy Thanksgiving! I know it will be wonderful because your menu looks delicious, but also because of the love that you all have for one another! One of my blessings for which I'm thankful is meeting you, Helen, and so many wonderful people in Blogland! You make it special. :-)

Shelia -- it's so nice to see my twin! ;-) You're a very special lady, and I enjoy visiting your blog. Thanks for your visit here, and I'm glad you enjoyed the links to the other blogs. You are always so kind and dear in all of you posts, and your spirit shines like a light in all to everyone around you. I hope you know that. Sweet dreams to a sweet lady.

Debbie -- Welcome! I was clicking around on various blogs, and somehow I found yours. Oh, it is enchanting, and those goats are the cutest things I've ever seen! A friend of mine had a couple of the pygmy goats, and they were loves. My brother in law got it into his head that he needed fresh goat milk for various gourmet recipes he loved to make (doctor by day, amateur chef by night), and my nices gave him a Nubian. They lived on a bayou in Louisiana, and she would walk with him down their road and back every day along with his two dogs. But more than the goats, I also have a plate addiction. So believe me, I have got your blog on my radar. Thank you again for stopping by. I enjoyed your blog so much!:-)

Joni -- Hi there, queen of decor! I am only stating a fact because your house is perfection. I nearly came out of my chair when I saw the photographs you posted. It's just wonderful and filled with charm and style. There's no way you could improve on any aspect. Truly. It compares to all of my favorite houses I've seen in all of the shelter magazines I read. So the compliment is well deserved. I appreciate you, your blog, and your beautiful design sense. Thanks for stopping by to visit. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Ms. Tee said...

What fun contests, Sheila. Thanks for sharing them. I love the ticket to the minivan express by Sandy Toes! :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Ms. Tee, she has some of the most clever traditions I've seen. I love that, too, and you could easily do that with older friends and family if there are no little ones to climb aboard the sleigh!

The snack sets and the goodies with them are cute, too.

XO,

Sheila