Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Blue Monday: Something Blue and A Stripe or Two From A Special Friend -- Can You Guess WHO???


Blue Monday is hosted weekly by our very hospitable Sally of Smiling Sally blog. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Sally or of participating in this weekly event, you don't want to wait! Today is as good a time as any to visit! :-)

But first, I'd like to share something blue that came winging its way to me recently all neatly packed in this box. A box where there were not one, but TWO shiny objects...



I could hardly wait to open it, and even Mr. Magpie was all excited to see what I'd won in a blog drawing. Which one to open first???

Eeny...



Meeny...


Miney...



Mo...



And when I opened the smaller of the two, what MAJOR cuteness flew out!



It's a little bucket for a "Special Friend," a bucket filled with cute tea towels, a bucket that says, "May your days be filled with happiness, love, and laughter!"

And the eyes welled up with tears of joy!

OH, this is a very, very shiny object, indeed! :-)



Look at this. It says, "Special Friend, you are a Gift to treasure and bring much Happiness to my Life"...



I thought I was going to have to take out one of the tea towels to wipe the tears that were streaming down my cheeks, but I didn't want to get mascara on them. Poor Mr. Magpie, just sighed. He thought the towels were very cute, but he doesn't understand why girls cry when they're happy! LOL! Oh, and check out the cute patterns. There's a paisley one, a striped one, and two white ones! Oh, I love them SO much. Tears be gone! Happy Dance! :-)



Notice, I didn't call in the troops to help me open this in fear that they would want it for their own! ;-)

Cecelia was still busy with her veggies from Jane Marie...



And Annie was still busy with my book from Sally...



While Pinky II was in the closet, still cuddling with a teacup on some chintz from Pink Saturday...



Never let it be said that Mrs. Magpie isn't a quick study. I made sure the coast was good and clear. Then Mr. Magpie and I grabbed that puppy, and it was like Christmas! Eeeeeeeeee... there's the card with my name on it!



And would you look at that cute, cute, CUTE yellow ribbon! Hmmm... is that some peanut butter on the ribbon??? And is that a little jelly???



Look closer, and maybe you just might see that it's from that precious Rue of Rue's Peanut Butter and Jelly Life! Oh, this is ex-cit-ing...



What blue object could be hiding just behind this sheet of tissue paper...



Why, it's the Magpie Getaway Nest! Rue did an outstanding job!!!



And look, here's the other balcony where we were last Blue Monday...




The detail on this is amazing! There's our palm tree and the plants in our window...



And she's even got our Min Pins peeping through the windows where they always used to sit! Awwwww... look at those cute little black doggies with their ears perked up, just waiting to bark at the carriage horses and tourists! DARLING!...



And one of the best details to me is this Magpie perched on the second floor balcony with a shiny object in her beak. Must have found that bauble in one of the nearby galleries...



Rue, in addition to the precious tea towels, we are delighted to have this little miniature of our special Victorian nest! It's absolutley perfect -- from the gingerbread trim to the porches to the puppies to the shiny object in the Magpie's beak! Thank you SO much! And the best part about it is I know it was painted with love from a very special friend who was one of the people who inspired me to blog and inspires me every day with her life adventures! XOXOXO



And now the search is on for the perfect place for it. We tried it in several spots, like on top of a colorful quilt...



Maybe over here on this side...



But the entry kept calling its name...



How about on the shabby sideboard??? Cute, but I'm not sure...



Then I spied this vignette...



Ah, ha, let's try it over there, and see...



Eureka! I think it's found a home!



Yep, this is the place we love best. Rue made this for us so that we would always have a reminder of all the special memories we shared in this house. Isn't that the sweetest??? You may rest assured, I'll have to hide the birdhouse when I show the real house because this birdhouse does NOT sell with the house when we sell it!

And speaking of show, there are lots of other Blue Monday participants who want to show us their blueness. So I hope you will all join me as I hop over to see them at Sally's blog. You can get there by clicking here.

Thanks for visiting me, and I look forward to visiting you on this beautiful Blue Monday!

Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

92 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Congrats on the win my dear! You are so deserving and you found the perfect spot for that cute little house! You make everything look so wonderful, but now I'm wondering where are you moving to? How did I miss that post? I wish you so much luck with your move wherever it may be. Hugs, Cindy

Eileen said...

What a beautiful, heartfelt gift!

Nice post! On the edge of my seat waiting for you to open your gifts!

Best wishes in your new home! Hope the move goes smoothly!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Your gifts are so adoreable. The little house personalized like yours is to to cute. BTW, I like your new banner.

xinex said...

Congrats on winning those lovely items, Sheila! Rue sure is one talented woman! The birdhouse is precious and you found a perfect place for it...Christine

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

You got some special gifts! How wonderful. Hope you have a great week!

bj said...

Great great gifts...Rue is such a sweetie. I love where you put the little house.
O, and can you believe we don't HAVE a Marshalls here in our town..
boo hoo..
xo bj

Beth at Aunties said...

Oh Sheila,
This is the perfect shiny object painted with so much care, detail and love! You found it's perfect home. It looks like it belongs in the entry, until that day you pack it away and take a special memory with you.
I loved your Tea towels and darling bucket too!
Rue is a real sweetheart, thoughtfulful and so talented.
How fun to come home to a sweet surprise!

Hugs and best wishes for a wonderful week!
Beth~♥

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations of winning Rue's wonderful give away Sheila!

The towels in a bucket were so pretty and I love their sentiments.
The personalized birdhouse is really so special! Rue put in so many sweet details. It looks perfect in your foyer welcoming everyone to your home.
Have a wonderful week!
Hugs, Pat

srp said...

What a beautiful house.. too pretty for a bird, though I'm sure any bird would love to make it hers. Moving is stressful.. take care.

the wild raspberry said...

hey there sheila....been missing you too. we had a BIG craft show this weekend that sucked up all our time.
exhausting.
oh, that house is too cute! how special. i just recently have been visiting rue's blog. she seems like a very wonderful gal. she's got her priorities in the right place.
have a lovely day.
chas

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Thanks for sharing your beautiful gifts. The bucket is lovely and the house is beautiful. Rue did a wonderful job re-creating your house. The detail she included is amazing. I am sure you will treasure it always.
Happy Blue Monday.
Lindsay
x

Neabear said...

What fun gifts! So lucky for you. I guess I better enter more giveaways so I can win some cute and adorable stuff too. Rue did an awesome job painting the minature house for you. That is so special!

Unknown said...

Rue did an amazing job on that house, and it looks perfect on the bench. The colors are just right.

CailinMarie said...

What a DARLING little blue getaway house! Thanks for sharing!

Susan said...

What an awesome package - and I agree with the others who LOVE that little personalized house. How cool is that??!

Southern Lady said...

What a precious and thoughtful gift ... Rue is very talented to capture the personality of your Victorian "nest" in such a sweet little birdhouse. I know you will treasure it always.

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh you lucky girl ! Congrats ! Don't you just love bird houses.That one is a cutie and has real sentimental value to it.

Knitty said...

If I wasn't so happy for you, I'd be jealous!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a wonderful win! Very cute! Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

susan said...

That blue house is just about the cutest thing ever! I love the bucket--it's a good thing I did not see it before I started my bucket project or I would be trying to figure out how to get the wonderful quote on ours! :) Have a happy week! I Love those adorable ballerinas too!

SmilingSally said...

What a nice treat to come in the mail. I just love the mail carrier, don't you? Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday!

akawest said...

I love the photo in your header. Hmmm, what is she thinking? Was this taken before or after she danced? Oh, a million and one questions about the recital are spinning around my half asleep head.

The towels are sweet. The real question is why don't men cry when they are happy?

Rue's talent is amazing. The birdhouse has found its perfect spot for now. Enjoy it in good health. Yes, I am now channeling my Grandma Rose, who uttered those words on many occasion. Hugs, Lisa

Unknown said...

Congrats!
And that house is way cute :D!!!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

How perfect is that bird house Rue painted! So fun! Speaking of fun...love your new header picture...ahhhh dance recitals! (they are over at our house...we went from ballet to swim...now we have swim meets - ha!)
Have a sweet week!

Shirl said...

Good Morning ! Happy Blue Monday! Congrats on winning, beautiful litte blue cottage. Have a great week!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Anonymous said...

Such sweet goodies!

I love the birdhouse on the red bench with the magazines next to it.

And I'd swoon over the tea towels as well - men just don't understand...

Enjoy your treasures :)

Lisa

Debra Kaye said...

That was so special! And just a perfect Blue Monday! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Blessings to you today!

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

How much fun! I felt like I was there with you opening it! So much fun to get a surprise in the mail...yes, it does feel like Christmas! And such a sweet gift... a reminder of your home..and also a friend! Thank for sharing it with us!Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Marty Mason said...

Did you kiss the postman....how generous of him to deliver such a great little house to your home..

Unknown said...

Sheila, congrats on your win as you clearly received spectacular prizes! I especially love the birdhouse and you selected the perfect spot to display it on that gorgeous red bench!

Rue said...

Hi Sheila :)

I'm so glad you loved your win! These gals don't know how very long you waited for that little house, but I'm so happy that it will hold sweet memories for you.

Love to you,
rue
~ who is now a deep shade of blushing red from all your compliments ;)

Decor To Adore said...

What wonderful treasures you have received~!

Unknown said...

Oh what fun unwrapping little gifts! Just lets you know that how special you really are.
Happy Twirls

jeanne said...

Oh Sheila, lucky you. Special friend and a birdhouse gift custom painted by Rue. I just love her. I am happy for you my dear friend. Love the magpie.

We are on our way out, so this is short. Packing up again to a new adventure.

Love xoxo...Jeanne

April said...

Hi Sheila!
Boy, you sure got lucky with those wonderful gifts! How sweet! Your little house is adorable and I love the way it looks on your red bench. I agree...it's the perfect spot! I, too, am curious. Where are you moving to and when? You know that I wish you only the very best! Much love!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sheila, What wonderful wins ♥ I love everything and especially the little blue minature replica of your get away home. I hope you have a lovely Blue Monday :>)

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a wonderful surprise package. The house is a real treasure. I think you found the perfect spot for it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, most wonderful one! Congratulations on all your gifts of love! How sweet! Love the pail full of goodies, but the little Magpie house! That's the cutest thing! Rue did an excellent job! How precious!
Now every time I think of my Sheilaness, I will see your most beautiful smiling face!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Darlene said...

That is the CUTEST painted birdhouse & I think the red bench is THE perfect spot! What sweet tea towels in the bucket. Hope you are having a wonderful Monday!

Barb said...

Congratulations Shelia....what fun your pictures were to scroll down. Just delightful!!!! I love your header too.

Happy Blue Monday.

Barb

Susan Hickam said...

You sure raked in the goodies! The little blue birdhouse is so sweet! Happy Blue Monday. Sue

The Explorer said...

I enjoyed the post.

Las Islas Filipinas World

Barbara Jacksier said...

Can't wait to see what you "do" in the new house. Putting the little house on the red bench was an inspiration.

Maria Berg said...

So you did find a place for the house.

Yes indeed I had a happy Swedish day - I went to a wedding, if you want to see some nice photo have a look here http://alltkangronska.blogspot.com/2009/06/fototriss-svartvitt.html

It is always nice to get thinks.
Thank for giving us this post, I was smilling with you when I read it,
Maria Berg, Sweden

ellen b. said...

Congratulations on your fun giftees! You're moving too?
Blessings on all the details...

Donna said...

Oh how lucky you are! What beautiful gifts. The little blue bird house looks right at home.

Hugs,
Donna

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

What beautiful gift-a-ways Sheila! The bench is the perfect place for the tiny house!!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

What a perfect little gift for Blue Monday! How cute.

Southern Lady said...

Sheila, your new header is adorable, and I would love to hear the story behind it. Avery just had her first recital and I cherished every minute of it.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Congrats on the winning of all those great Blue items! The little house is to die for!! Thanks for sharing. Have a great day!

Sherrie

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Nice gifts and congratulations on winning!
Glenda

The Muse said...

Oh goodness me...what delights for this weary Muse!~
And yes, the exact spot...I knew it, as soon as I saw that red bench...Bravo!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Major, major cuteness you've got going there! Wonderful blogging friends!
Brenda

Claudie said...

Dear Mrs. Magpie
Love all your precious gifts. They couldn't have been given to a sweeter one than you Miss Sheila.
I am fine, but had to go to ER on Friday. I had a massive blockage in my intestine...now don't laugh too hard... are you ready?? I hope nobody else reads this... After blood tests, urine and X-Rays they, the doctors, all came to the same conclusion...are you ready for it?... They declared that I was full of "shit" (excuse the language) but it's true. I was there 7 hours. : (
Yup I am. I'm still re-cooperating with yucky stuff to drink, but on a scale of 1-10 I'm about a 5 right now. Must stay home and grovel, read books and eat chocolates...well maybe not chocolates, but just stay put for a week. It's funny now, and of course Randy is telling everyone what he always thought LOL.
I also think of you often and hope all is well.
Enjoy your treasures.
Love you bunches, and I will see you one day soon. I promise.
Love Claudie
xoxoxox

NatureFootsteps Photo said...

nice blue house :)

anythinggoeshere said...

A very happy blue Monday to you. Congrats on your win. Thanks for visiting my blog. xo Joan

Judi said...

Sheila
Congratulations on your 2 giveaway wins. How lucky you are to receive 2 beautiful gifts like that. The house is so dear...and all the goodies in the bucket..
enjoy.
hope you are having a lovely day
Judi

Terry said...

Hi Sheila
Happy Blue Monday .
Wow congratulations to you on all the great gifts.
The house is adorable.
Love all the beautiful photos .
It was so much fun to watch .
Have a great week.
Happy Trails
Hugs

Anonymous said...

What lovely wins, Sheila! Happy Blue Monday to you.

I always enjoy your posts...

Cathy said...

Your posts are wonderful Seila. Its always such a treat to come for a visit. What lovely, precious gifts. You picked the perfect place for your little house.

Carrie said...

Good luck with your pending move, I love the little miniture house soooo....cute!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh what a wonderful gift! That sweet Rue....she does such a nice job on her little houses, doesn't she? They're soooo personal. You're one lucky lady. Congratulations...!!

Blessings,
Spencer

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Shelia...How special of Rue to paint this for you...She's the one that got me started on RMS a couple of years ago...when it was a fun thing to do...Love your sweet little tea towels and your bench looks wonderful I spied a few things there I need for my sunroom...I have a big purse...Thanks for yet another great post my friend...and thanks for coming by and seeing me...May you have a great week...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Boo-Bah AKA Iris said...

It is an adorable little house and it looks as though you have found the perfect spot for it to stay. The little bucket full of towels are so pretty. Such nice gifts.

Iris

Unknown said...

Hi Shelia,
Love that new birdhouse. Rue is quite talented!

I love your home.. the birdhouse looks good everywhere you put it including the bench!
:) Diane

Anonymous said...

So sweet and that is an excellent place for your little house!

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Shelia....you almost made me cry reading this! Aren't our friends we meet here in Blogland just the best ever! I love your darling pail with the towels...and the house is absolutely perfect...loved all the details! I was so excited reading your post...the anticipation was so much fun...what great gifts!
Susan

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Well, lucky lucky girl. Such beautiful treasures1
i loved how you kept moving the little Cottage from place to place. You final decision was perfect. : )

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

WOW! I'm having keyboard troubles. I look illiterate!

Monica said...

F*A*B*U*L*O*U*S! I LOVE the beach theme!!!:)
Thanks for all the sweet comments you always leave on my blog!
Monica.

annies home said...

you are right it looks perfect there. I loved all the old pictures of course I love the annie doll best

Unknown said...

Such great treats! Love the lil bucket of towels! Paisley is my fav! And the birdhouse is just too adorable for words!

Anonymous said...

This was a great show and tell for blue monday, it would actually fit in with Ruby tuesday as well. The little house is adorable congrats on everything!

Unknown said...

OOOOOH so pretty. Everything. The sweet little home, the bucket of love, your space...

Makes me happy...I'll be back!

Anonymous said...

be still my heart-I love your entry way! Oh My Word!!!!!!!!!!!!! The paint scheme-the sign, the bench, everything. Wow! What a great spot for that adorable house!

Ms. Tee said...

Hi Sheila! I've missed you! I love the birdhouse from Rue. She's just the sweetest thing. :) And I can't believe the detail - the little necklace in the magpie's mouth - so adorable! I hope you're having a wonderful week! {{hugs to you}} xoxo

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

That birdhouse is the sweetest thing EVAH! But I'd expect nothing less from the divine and talented Rue. :-)

LOVE your blog header photo by the way!

Hope all is well...so...busy...at...work. Blah. But...

...happy to still have a job,
Laura
xoxo

Shaam said...

Awwww! That is so darling! Congrats to you! Those tea towels are just sweet and that house is too! :) How nice! I always cry at happy things and sad things or frustrating things I am so sensitive and my boyfriend just looks at me like I'm nuts too LOL.

All the best,
Allison

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Congratulations...Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment.

I just posted my last Disney post...Hope it will bring you a smile. I also have a new blog design.....

Four Paws and Co said...

What a lovely gift & the perfect spot to showcase it! ☺♥☺ Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

I love your header picture and Ms. Cecelia looks divine. This must have been her recital!! She looks like the future lead in Swan Lake!!! :-)

You are indeed a lucky gal. Not only do the sweet ladies in Blogland send such adorable and perfect gifts~they are wrapped in such finery!!! Your little pail and tea towels are just the best. And I know you are thrilled with the birdhouse replica of your sweet abode. Just precious. I was at Rue's blog for the 1st time the other day~she is wildly popular. Where have I been??

Well I know I have been late in visiting you lately and I apologize. But I am here and I enjoyed your great post as always. I hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!!

xoxo
Janie

cotedetexas said...

I love its new home - how perfect!!!!

~CC Catherine said...

Ms Sweet Sheila...how I have missed you these past three weeks. I am elated to be back and reading your delightful cheery words and feeling the smile and laughter as you type each little phrase and word... You have an uncanny way of making the gray skys turn blue in my world today! Blessings to you always...you are a GIFT from God! ;) ~CC Catherine (I love your new little painted cottage to remind you of a place you love) and I love the new place you found for it to call home on that stunning red seat next to the maggies! ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank all of you so much for your sweet comments! I thought you would enjoy seeing how creative our Rue is. She's puts her heart into everything, and that's one of the things I love best about her. I looked a little closer at that bauble in the magpie's beak, and it's a heart on the end of that necklace. Rue, you think of everything, and I'm once again sending you much love from my heart to yours. And here's some for the rest of you, too. Your kindness is always appreciated and very shiny, indeed! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sheila. It is very sweet :-) And that house will be a very lovely keepsake. Something to remind you of your nest. What a nice detail also with the birdie with a very shiny object. Of course everybody will know who that house belong to :-)

Hope you'll still have an enjoyable day while on your trip.

Li

The Muse said...

Read your MIA...praying for you!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Shelia! It is just delightful! Rue did a wonderful job, though anything she touches becomes cute! I just love it!

Will miss you as you are MIA, but do let me know when you are ready to come back out to play.

Fifi Flowers said...

CUTE blue little house!
Your ballerina is ADORABLE!!!
Take you time... see you when you come back!
Fifi

Daisy Cottage said...

(((Sheila)))
I miss you and hope that everything is okay AND your little birdy-house-by-adorable-rue is exactly that - ADORABLE!! She is the sweetest isn't she? AND she is VERY talented.. her bird houses are little charmers that capture the tiniest of details so whimsically. I love mine and I know you love yours!!!

xo,
Kim

Rhondi said...

Hi Sheila
I haven't stopped by in awhile. That little house Rue painted is so cute!!
((hug)) Rhondi

Just Between Us Girls said...

Your blog is absolutely darling. hope all is well in your world. I could not leave a comment in your latest blog so I read this one which was delightful. Love the gifts you received. and the way you present your blog. Just the dearest. Thank you for your kind comments about my top hat. I want to make another soon.
Have a grand weekend.
Pat

Chandy said...

Congrats on winning such cute items Sheila! And you come back anytime you're good and ready!;-)