I have been busy screaming, "Timber!"

That giant mound of dirt and roots is the base of an oak tree that fell with me standing a few feet behind it, watching. I was contemplating whether I should take cover from strong winds and freakish weather when a gust of wind like a giant hand sent this tree crashing into another oak tree which also toppled. Fortunately, no one was injured, but the mound masks a gigantic mess (including taking out a brick column on a fence and bits of the wood, too, not to mention a mess to the landscaping)that is still being cleaned up. So if I'm MIA for the next week or so, you'll know why. There have been four men with chain saws and heavy equipment, and they are not done yet. Yours truly has to supervise. That's a friend's house in the background. More about that later.
Prior to this latest, I have been MIA the week before due to a battle with the sun. I went lunching and shopping in the middle of the day with friends, and I forgot to wear something like this on my little ole head...

I ended up paying for it for several days. I had a headstroke years ago, and I know better. But I feel fine now! :-)
Despite all of that, the sky is still blue, the world is still turning, and I am thankful that God is most definitely in His Heaven...

I hope that everyone is enjoying their summer...

And here's wishing all of us smooth sailing...
And miles and miles of blue skies smiling down at us...
Please join me at Sally's blog to visit all of the other Blue Monday participants by clicking here, and I look forward to visiting all of you today. I've missed you!
Happy Blue Monday!
XO,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) :-)




97 comments:
Wow, thank goodness no one was hurt! Happy to hear you've got blue skys now!
Hope the week ahead is smooth sailing for you!
Tina
I'm glad you weren't hurt when that tree came crashing down, Sheila!
I love all your blue sky photos. We have been having nothing but rain her in NYC. Grey skies and clouds. I miss the color blue!
Hugs, Pat
First of all, I am glad you are feeling better. Thank heavens you weren't hurt when the tree fell.
I love the blue skies in your photos.
Iris
Very pretty photos. I'm glad that you are okay after your sun excursion!
Oh Sheila! How wonderful to hear from you! I've been worried about you! So glad things are returning to normal! I have been spending a lot of time at my daughter's house dogsitting her 6...yes, 6 dogs while they were at the beach. They are back now and I am remembering why I have cats...so much easier for me! I hope all continues to improve at the Magpie household!...hugs...Debbie
I'm so glad no one got hurt, those trees sure do leave a big mess when they go down, we had 3 go down during Katrina and 2 more this past Jan. during an ice storm.
You be careful out there in the heat, it will tear you up before you know it.
Molly
oh to be enjoying that beautiful beach right now!!
blessings.
barbara jean
What a great post. Your things of "blue" are very good.
Shelia, Wow, so glad no one was injured. I am puzzled with our weather patterns...strange happenings.
Be careful in the sun, it is going to be 100 here everyday this week. It scares me that it is so hot so early. Glad you are back, I was wondering about you.
Be sure and come sign up for my giveaway and tell others to come and sign up also.
Barbara
The Purple Goat Lady
Nice blue skies and also a nice ride through your summery post.
Hi Sheila, so glad that you're back. We had a similar experience with a tree in our backyard a few years back during freaky high winds in our area. My husband and a friend had just stepped out in the yard and fortunately the tree that fell hit our roof, otherwise it would have hit them! The cleanup and repair was extensive and expensive, but we were so thankful that nobody was hurt, that the mess and the money didn't matter.
My goodness, Sheila ... your guardian angel was with you when that tree fell, wasn't she! I'm so glad you weren't hurt, and I'm glad you are feeling better after your bout with sunburn. I can sympathize with you.
It seems that several of our great minds thought alike this Monday and posted "Blue Skies." You take care getting your yard cleaned up and wear that hat!
Girl...I came by here days ago and I felt so troubled in my heart about you...I didn't know what was wrong in your last post and I was praying that all would be alright...of course silly me I should know better than to worry about you like that knowing how you know the Lord and He knows you...but I am just so relieve that all is well..
Praise the Lord that no one was hurt with those trees! I know it makes a mess but in the end it will turn out prettier than it was before..I love how God takes a dark situation and makes beauty come out of it..you will see.
Don't you be going out in the sun like that no more..if you have to tie your purse on your head to cover it...or better yet be a 'Miss Scarlett' and rip off a piece of your petticoat and tie it on like a scarf...but you keep yourself protected at all times...we love you too much to ever want you to be hurt...we need you here in blogland...you don't realize what a treasure and blessing you are to all of us...especially me...you are a true light to my soul dear one and I love you and thank God for you!~♥
I'm sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, Sheila!
So happy no one was injured by the falling tree. Two people, we knew, were killed by falling trees in just the past few years. Dangerous!!
So glad you weren't hurt.
Hope this week is a better one for you.
xo bj
((Sheila))
Double Yuck!!
First for the tree damage and then for your sunburn. I pray that you will have a better week this week! I am so glad that nobody was hurt with that falling tree and glad that more damage wasn't done to your property. God is so good!
Take care my friend!
Blessings,
Kymber
I am too glad that no one was hurt. I wish that we would have some blue skies! Who would of thought that Wyoming would get soooo much rain! Which is making it very green here.
Oh my!
Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Same thing happened to my dad several years ago.
What a narrow escape from the tree!
We've missed you :)
Lisa
Hi Shiela, Thank God no one was hurt when the tree crashing down.
Nice blue skies..love it. Thank you for visiting me.
Happy Blue Monday
Lots of luv,
Ita
Hi Sheila!
Sure have missed hearing from you! Sorry about the loss of your tree, but am hugely relieved that no one got injured...or worse! I know all too well how the sun can be hard on you if you're not careful. Glad to know that you're feeling better. Lesson learned, I suppose!
Hope you have a Happy Monday!
Your photo of the sky is just lovely.
I'm glad you are feeling better. The tree episode must have been very frightening. Hugs...Mary
Wow, that is some mess! Your yard looks pretty, if I put my hand over the scary tree part of the photo. :)
Stay inside!!! I am saying that as I get ready to run errands. LOL
Sheila: So glad you are back and feeling better! Your photos are beautiful and make me yearn for the beach! We are going on Wednesday and I cannot wait!
I am so sorry about the trees! and yes, they to make a GIGANTIC mess when they fall AND when you have to get them cleaned up!!
Take care and watch your back!
Lou Cinda :)
Whew! Glad you are ok!
Glad that you are feeling better...missed you bunches!
Have a beautiful day~
we are off to the zoo!
xoxo
Chas
I know about big trees crashing down LOL thanks for visting little ole me, hope you're having a wonderful blue Mon.
Helen
Heat stroke and a near-miss with a giant oak! You're living dangerously! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
Happy Blue Monday Sheila,
my goodness you could have been hurt by that big tree...thank the LORD you were okay and no one else was hurt.
beautiful blue sky pictures and the beach is awesome....
did you make the summer pillow...I love it...
I hope you are feeling better...
I meant to tell you I love the blue duck in your blog photo
hugs
debbie
Good morning sweet Sheila, I am so happy to hear from you, my gosh you have had a rough couple of weeks, I too am so glad nobody was hurt by the tree and happy you are now recovered from your sunburn. My sister and I have been out and about so not to much blogging going on here but just wanted to say that you were missed a great deal and also that little miss Cecelia looks totally adorable in your banner photo, watching her dance recital must have been the highlight of your last few weeks. Hope you get all you jobs sorted out, keep safe and will see you back here when you can, hugs, Kathy.
So glad no one was hurt!
And so glad to hear that everything is okay with yourself too!
I've gotten heatstroke like that from the sun quite a few times ~ it's no fun, that's for sure!
Beautiful sky pictures! Thanks for sharing!
Someone was watching over you! What a nice post! Pretty blues. Happy Blue Monday.
Blessings,
Sandi
Hi Sheila
Here was me thinking you had gone on a last minute exciting trip somewhere and all the time you were suffering from heat stroke and being scared by nasty winds and falling trees! I am so thankful you were not hurt and that you are feeling much better. I have missed you.
Sending you a hug today.
Lindsay
x
So Sheila, a little excitement, a lot of sun, oh boy...
Glad you are ok now-
Love your photos, too.
What a wonderful post. Enjoy the summer. Happy Blue Monday
What a pretty and optimistic post. We're having a large tree in our yard trimmed this week before the monsoons hit. We get some really violent winds sometimes in the summer and we would hate for that tree to come down.
Happy Blue Monday.
Charlotte
Sheila your blue photos are gorgeous!
Happy summer to you.
~Melissa ;)
Heatstroke?? Now that is scary Mrs. Magpie. I'm glad your better.
I have sun poisoning myself. It started when I was a teenager, in the Bahamas...oh my, my chest gets all little itchy pumps, and it drives me crazy. Now that I'm older, and lived in AZ in the very hot sun, it seems to have subsided. Of course I don't bask in the sun like I used too!!
Glad to see you back. We are having beautiful sunny skies also. Not as hot as you, but lovely.
Take care, I've missed you.
Love and Hugs
Love Claudie
xoxoxo
Sorry things have been so crazy and glad that no one was hurt with the tree. Looks like you'll have plenty of fire wood this winter!
Ooohh, Dear Sheila, do take care. That is just a bit too close for comfort. No more falling trees or too much sun for the rest of this summer...deal?
I am glad you are ok.
Have a really wonderful week.
Becky K.
Hospitality Lane
Sheila! Yikes look at that big ole root ball on your lawn! I'm so glad it fell the other way!! Love your blue skies and I'm glad you are better after your sun incident! Take care of yourself now :0)
So sorry about your lovely trees! We had 8 down, and they are near 100 years old. Took Hubby six months to get it all cleaned up. It took all my outdoor furniture when the trees fell. I glad no one was hurt. Its real scary! Hope the clean up goes smoothly!
Wow, Sheila...that's a huge tree! Glad you were on the back side...that must have been some kind of gust! Susan
Oh, Dear Sheila! I'm so sorry to hear you got so much sun but thankful you're feeling better now! God was looking after my Sheilaness by protecting you from the huge trees!
Hoping the skies stay blue in your world, Dear One.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Sheila!! That was God's mighty hand making sure it fell away from you for sure!! So glad no one was injured!! Love all of the blue skies and water!!
Don't stay away too long...we really miss you when you're MIA!! Blogland isn't quite as bright as it should be without Sheila's sunshine!! ;o)
Love and hugs to you gal!!
Becky
The moon and stars and all of heaven is surely on your side. Glad you are okay and healing from the heat. Hate that about your trees. Happy Blue Monday.
i hope that the blue sky will stay with you to and now when the tree is down You will see more sky....
MB
Ah, the photo of the sand and sea is so welcoming and tranquil. As only the color blue can be...
Brenda
Oh my, Sheila.... I am glad you aren't hurt. Praise the Lord for that!
Meanwhile, a great blue post, as always!
Take care!
*hugs*
That was a big tree! I'm glad no one gots hurt.
Happy Blue Monday, That is one big tree that fell down, I didn't know an oak tree could go down like that!Your sail boat and pillow are cute! :O)
I also have huge oak trees on my property and it worries me when the wind here whips up. I am so glad that you are safe. That picture really speaks volumes. I hope that you are feeling better after your bout with the sun. I am really learning quickly about living in Florida. I am sending my best to you..
Sue.
Howdy Sheila
Wow that was rather close .
I am so glad you are safe and sound.
Hope that you don't mind loving reminders to grab that summer hat :)
I too have a sesitivity to the sun and so I know what to do but sometimes I get caught up in the moment and forget.
Lets just say there are always consequenses ,So I do try really hard not to forget the hat .
Blesings of joy to you as the Summer days splash little rays of happiness all around .
Have a wonderful week.
Happy Blue Monday to you .
Thank you for sharing the awesome photos.
Happy Trails
Dear Sheila, Thank goodness you are OK! How horrible. It was really good to hear from you. I have missed you. I will pray you have sunny skies from here on end. Your pictures of the sky are beautiful. It's so nice to have summer here. Charli, hubby, and I are really enjoying it. Say hello to your hubby from all of us.
Love, Carol
I was out yesterday taking photos of the sky.
Glad no one got hurt by that tree. We have had some mean storms here lately.
Have a wonderful week.
Hugs, Patti Cakes
I have been in those straight line winds before... those falling trees can create such havoc. Glad to hear you are ok. Thanks for stopping by.
Oh my gosh that is crazy! Wow! So glad you ok. I like that hat by the way ;) Hope you're well!
All the best,
Allison
HiSheila...thanks for stopping by my place!
I enjoyed getting to know you today, your lovely pictures and all your 'friends'!
Be blessed,
Susan
What a fun post. Except for the tree falling of course. That doesn't look like much fun at all. We have had rain here forever and ever. I've almost forgotten what the sun looks like.
Blue-ti-ous pictures! So glad no one...especially your lil magpie self was not harmed in the staging for this photo! Missed you too!
Hi, dear Sheila! Hope you are enjoying your summer & got over the heat situation you were going through. Sorry to hear about the tree! We had the same thing happen last year, and what a mess. Glad you're fine. Thank you for popping in to see me. Wish I had more time to visit everyone, but as usual I run out of that precious commodity. xoxo
Hi Sheila!!!
OOOHHH.....LOVE*LOVE*LOVE your blues!!!
Monica.
Wow, I'm glad to hear no one was hurt, that looks like a big tree!
Enjoy the outdoors but be careful in that sun!
Hugs,
Donna
It's so sad to see a huge, old tree downed like that, but I'm thankful you weren't hurt. Hope you are back soon!
I am so thankful that Our Father in Heaven was watching out for you! That is lot of oak tree, doubled! I am sorry for the mess yet SO glad you are alright. He watches out for His daughters!
I am also sorry about your loss of your beautiful trees in your yard. It takes years for them to grow.
I am glad you are recovered from your sun excursionand yucky headstroke. We are a lot alike there my friend. The sun and I do not agree very often even though I adore the sun. I have had heatstroke more times than I would like to count. The headache is unmerciful and then with a burn...
May this week bring you nothing but the beautiful sunny skies you so generously shared both outside and in your heart.
Bless your heart and know this Utah girl missed you and loves you!
Well hi there Mrs Magpie :-)
Glad nobody was hurt with the giant falling tree! Been there, done that, what a mess!
Lovely Blue Monday photos. Thanks for stopping by!
Hello Sheila, I just read about the big trees incident. Holy cow girl, that is scary. The last time I checked your blog you said you would be MIA for a few days. I'm glad it is only a mess to clean up but I am now wondering if your neighbor had some damage too. I hope not. I am glad your skies are still blue.
Anyway we arrived home late last night and my sister woke us up early this am. We are still on a two hour time change adjustment. LOL. There is no place like home.
We had the most wonderful trip and I appreciate your comments so much. I have to tell you everywhere we went we saw a magpie. I thought of you often my friend. Big smile.
It is so terrific that you heard Maya speak. I would love to see and hear her in person. Not in this small town I can tell ya. One disadvantage to small town living. However, I still love living here.
Stay away from big trees!!!
Love ya...Jeanne
I'm glad everyone is ok. What a beautiful blue sky you've pictured. :)
Glad to hear your are feeling better...your summer pictures are great and I love that pillow!!
Hi Sheila! The picture of that tree was crazy - I'm so glad it didn't fall on your's or your neighbor's house! And I'm so glad you're feeling better, sweet friend. You've been sooo missed! xoxo
I adore all of your blue elements.
So thankful that no one was injured when that tree fell, it's huge!
Be well and rest!
Gasp! I'm glad you are ok, and hoping for sunny skies for awhile down there for you!
Oh my goodness! Now as my momma would say, "Girl, don't you know when to come in outta the rain (insert wind)?"
I was visiting my cousin in Neptune Beach, Florida a few weeks back when all that rain was coming down and a tree from her neighbors yard decided to come over the fence, but it was no where near the size of yours!
Sheila,
I'm so sorry you haven't felt good...and on top of that is the storm you went through..Oh My! That had to be a tornado...they don't know what they are talking about. Looking at the water and beach...Oh ...how I miss it...My friends are talking about us girls (only girls) to go to Gulfshore, AL and Orange Beach in August..You stay cool...and drink plenty of fluids...My last Outdoor post...I went tubing...didn't put enough sunscreen...Got blistered bac..especially on my feet..I'm better. I know the Sun is HOT...we need to remember to protect ourselves...Have a wonderful weekends..Please get better...Smiles and Hugs Katherinellen
Hi Dear Sheilaness! Oh, I'd love to go shopping with you! Wouldn't we have fun? LOL Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
Oh YIKES! I hope you're recovering...from the heat and the unexpected "TIMBER!" Can you believe...it's STILL raining in NY/NJ?!? It's the pits, I tell you.
Be well, my friend -
Laura
xoxox
I am glad you are OK after the storm! So nice to have you stop by from the porch party and have you visit my site again.
Blessings,
Gayle
Sheila,
I am so glad you are all right. Surviving heatstroke and dodging falling trees. You have been busy!!
The remains of the oak tree is a familiar sight around here. We had terribly violent weather last week and it wreaked havoc here and at the cottage. My neighbor at the lake said winds were clocked at 65 mph. WOW!! Now we are in a heatwave and I feel poor and miserable (boo hoo, just can't tolerate the heat in my old age!)
I am happy that you are back and hey, things can only improve from here, right? Just stay indoors!!
xoxo
Janie
Thank God you are okay - and everyone else, too.
How is the clean up coming?
Hi there, Miss Sheila! Just dropping by to see how you are! I hope your tree problems are all solved and you are feeling much better! Have a great 4th...hugs...Debbie
Those are some great blue skies!Glad no one was hurt and summer can now continue where you are...
Have a great week!
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments. I have more men coming out today and tomorrow, and then the repairs start. Some repairs are going on now. I appreciate your kind thoughts. You are the BEST!
Love to everyone...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hello sheila, I didn't mention anything about your sun stroke yesterday and I am checking in to see if you are feeling good as new. I hope the tree mess is about done. How awful to go through such a problem.
Thinking of you my friend.
Hugs and xoxo...Jeanne
Oh, Sheilaness! I would love it to get to meet you! Let me know if you come this way! Woo Hooness!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0
Shelia,
I am thinking of you today... Not only because the Magpies have been up to their fun tricks:) Because I am catching up on our geneology before a family reunion this weekend. I can't believe how I have let this love go, once I started in blogland! LOL
My mom is now expecting her 50th great grandchild and so I have caught on all those dates and now copying ancestor charts out. Someday we do need to compare!
I found another cousin just last week!
Good luck with all you have going on and thank you for leaving a comment for Niki!
♥♥♥'s
Oh, Dear One! How marvelous! We do travel quite a bit during the summer so I hope I'll be here IF you're invited to the wedding! :)
What a joy it would be to meet you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hello my dear Shelia...Thank God you were not hurt...it takes a strong wind to bring down a Oak tree or was it rotten...Thanks for coming by and seein me my friend...I always enjoy your visits...How have you been...Hope all is well in your world...May you have a great weekend ....hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Wow! Thank heavens it didn't land on a house, I know it's a big mess. Sorry you have to deal with it and I'm glad you and your family are not hurt from it.
YIkes! That is very scary! If I were standing there I don't know if I'll be too shocked to move. Good thing and thank God nobody was hurt cause that's one giant tree.
Last year, when a typhoon struck our place, one of the pine trees lay dead flat - barely touching the window.
Hope everything will go well in the following days there. And I don't mind a little bump here and there during the sail to spice things up :-)
Li
Sheila,
Hope everyone is well...got your landscapes in restore...Thanks for stopping by...have to get me some open face pita bread to put small tomatoe with salad in it...maybe some ranch dressing..:D Hope you are having agreat summer...I know it has to be HOT there...it 99 here today..will be tomorrow...Sunday will be 100-102..sigh...staying in to be cool..:O Smiles and Hugs..Kathy
Oh.my.GOODNESS thank the Lord that no one was hurt when that tree toppled! How SCARY that must have been!
BEAUTIFUL pictures and I hope you are staying cool. We are in the triple digits here...ugg!
I'm glad it's Friday. John's having a yard sale tomorrow. Not sure what I will do.
Hugs, patti cakes
Oh wow! Sounds like this could have been much worse. Thank God that no one got hurt. WOW!
LOVE your pictures as always!
I hope that you're enjoying your weekend!
What a nice post! Pretty blues. Happy Blue Monday.
Cheers.....
Hi Sheila! So sorry about your trees but I am so glad nobody got hurt. They do make a big mess, don't they? We just got back (in FL now and will be home tomorrow)from a 7 day cruise. I have missed you all!...Christine
Wow! That was a close call!! Sorry about the trees,but glad no one was hurt...also sorry you weren't feeling well....I hope, by now, you are feeling lots better!!! Dana
That is definitely scary when trees are falling down. I recently bought a hat while on our trip because we had forgotten to take hats with us. In my new profile pic we are using borrowed hats. But have since bought something similiar to what we wore in the picture. Keeping my hat handy so I wear it more often. Especially now that we are having a heat wave. I hate it when we have heat waves. Too hot for me.
Thank you Lord for the lovely message.
Post a Comment