Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Party Plan for an "In The Pink" Celebration



Today, I'm feeling a little bit like the March Hare in terms of my lateness reporting on a special birthday celebration that my husband and I hosted this spring. This all began when a Canadian blogger decided to take her birthday South to visit friends, and we were honored to be included in her itinerary (which she has chronicled on her blog). Those of us with pictures (most of mine are borrowed!) have taken turns sharing. So today, I'd like to share a plan for an "In the Pink" Birthday Celebration with you...



First, you need a very pink, very beautiful French Canadian Birthday Princess named Claudie who is dressed to the nines in pink (she's one of the Pink Saturday crowd, you know!)...



Then you add an absolutely gorgeous Florida spring day, replete with blue skies...



And flowers in full bloom...



In a variety of colors...



Next you add some special blogging friends from a variety of locales...



And after a meal at a favorite restaurant where the first wish for the day is made...



Your own wish comes true when you get to invite these lovely friends over for cake and ice cream along with a visit. Claudie looks pretty excited about the prospect. After all, she's not only getting to visit with blogging friends, she's getting TWO pieces of cake as the birthday girl! ;-)



After Claudie, the cast of characters consists of another beautiful Canadian named Julie, who is Claudie's BFF and partner in crime (fun crimes like fountain walking and hat store stalking)...



A beautiful Georgia Peach named Teresa (who reminds me SO much of another Georgian named Julia Roberts!)...



Along with our beautiful birthday girl, two more beautiful bloggers (one former Jamaican now living in South Florida, Deborah on the left, and one native Floridian from Central Florida, Becky in the middle)...



And two more beautiful bloggers (Lisa, a former Pennsylvanian now living in Florida, and Jeanne, a former Floridian now living in North Carolina)...



And Stunning Stella, our very special visitor from England...



And one very, very darling boyfriend named David who not only kept Mr. Magpie company, but drove Deborah all the way to the party from South Florida because he knew how much it meant for her to come. [Yes, in addition to being sweet as pie, real men do wear yellow-flowered headbands on their arms!]...



Next you add pink birthday balloons...



Some colorful and festive floral birthday garlands (because Claudie is all about color and fun!)...



Hung from all corners of the room...



Pink favor bags for the girls...



Camouflage favor bags for the boys (bags that didn't make it to the tables until after we took the pictures, LOL!)...



And let's not forget the headbands you saw earlier...



Floral plates by Tracy Porter for the girls...



Green polka dots for the boys (closest thing I had to camouflage!)...



With tiny dishes from Pier One for vanilla ice cream...



Vintage goblets...



And a very special cupcake goblet for Claudie, a perfect gift for the birthday girl from sweet Miss Bee who was with us in spirit...



Chantilly flatware...



Bunny table runners...



Combined with plaid tablecloths in pastel colors...



White napkins with pink ribbon and egg favors...



Then duck topiaries...



(First cousins to Finnegan O'Gander from my St. Paddy's table)...



The duck topiaries comprised our centerpieces...



And anchored the balloons...



I have white slipcovers on our dining room chairs, and I dressed them up with raspberry sashes...



To match the raspberry bunnies on the runners...



Crisscrossing the sashes in front just because...



And I rented white slipcovers to go over some little antique chairs I used in addition to our other ones...



There were cute little chicks who traveled with Claudie and Julie from Canada...



You can see one roosting here on a plate filled with birthday cake and the delicious cheesecake Jeanne brought (photo pinched from Deborahs' blog!)...



There were also little bunnies from Canada, and there were some chocolate Easter eggs in festive foil wrappers tucked in baskets on the table because there can never be too much chocolate in the world...



Like this "Chocolate Ganache Bon Bon Cake" from Publix (no surprise here!)...



I'm telling you, it's killer good, especially when it's combined with birthday wishes...



And the wax of pink candles! ;-)



And we all got presents...



Lots and lots of wonderful presents from each other...



Presents for girls...



And presents for boys...



Everything from delicious cookies...



To colorful calendars...



To beautiful cake plates...



To beautiful boxes...



To Jackie O or at least a book of her favorite poems...



To so many more things too numerous to mention. These were among the goodies shared that day! All were greatly appreciated. But the real gifts here were the intangibles, like the love...



And the laughter between fellow bloggers...



And we did laugh...



And pose [isn't Claudie a vision in pink?]...



And laugh some more [Note, I didn't color coordinate the table with my gardening boots Claudie is wearing, but the boots do sorta match, don't they???]...



It was all so much fun...



A wonderful...



Wonderful...



Wonderful...



WONDERFUL day...



Spent among delightful friends...



And the thing that struck me the most is how much each person brought to the table...



With their own unique gift of themselves...



Their own specialness...



That is theirs and theirs alone...



A colorful kaliedescope of colorful characters...



And I love every last one of them...



I just wish you could have been there with us, too!



Now, I'd like to thank Claudie...



And Julie for kindly loaning me pictures for this post...



Do you see the shorebirds peeking our of Juie's hair in this next picture??? LOL! Julie, I had to look twice, and I think I might have taken this with YOUR camera!!!



I would have been lost without you, girls, because I was lost in a sea of preparations! And I think I pilfered some photos from Becky as well. Thank you, too, sweetness! :-)



And thank you, too, Sweet Teresa...



And Sweet Lisa...



And Sweet Jeanne...



And Sweet Deborah (thanks for your picture of the desserts I swiped, too!)...



And Sweet David...



And Sweet Stella...



And especially Sweet Mr. Magpie for being so wonderful. Each of you have filled my heart with more love than it could ever hope to hold, and I just want to say, "Thanks for the memories!"



Now, please join our lovely hostess Susan at Between Naps on the Porch and all of her other guests for Tablescape Thursday by clicking HERE. It's always such a treat, and Susan is the perfect hostess! :-)



Thanks for visiting me, and I look forward to visiting you to see what you're up to today!

Warmly,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)



ACCOUTREMENTS

Floral Dessert Plates: Tracy Porter (pattern is called Lemon Chiffon)
Polka Dot Dessert Plates: Home Goods (clearance)
White plates (basket weave): Dollar Tree
White plates (plain): Marshall's (a million years ago)
Tiny White Scalloped Bowls: Pier One Imports
Flatware: Chantilly by Gorham
Globlets: Vintage
Gift Bags: Lilly Pulitzer
Plaid Tablecloth: Marshall's
Bunny Runner: "Two's Company" from Home Goods and Marshall's
Napkins: K-Mart
Floral Headbands: Target
Egg party favors -- Dollar Tree (St. Augustine)
Balloons: Dollar Tree
Camoflauge Bags: Dollar Tree
Chocolate Ganache Bon-Bon Cake: Publix (Where Shopping Is A Pleasure!)
Cheesecake: Jeanne made it, and it's FABULOUS!
Duck Topiaries: Design Additions (Jacksonville, FL)
Bunnies and Chicks -- Canada
Pink French Wire Ribbons: Michael's
Slip Covers -- Custom
Slip Covers -- Kirby Rentals
Raspberry Chair Sashes -- Kirby Rentals
Pink/Pastel Striped Gardening Boots: L.L. Bean Outlet (Ellsworth, Maine)

And last, but not least, I couldn't have done this party without My Man Friday, Charles, who moved a chest, rug, and table so that we could all fit in addition to helping me hang all of that garland! THANK YOU, CHARLES! And a special thank you to Lisa, my sort-of neighbor and loyal friend, for cheering me on in the prep work! :-)



Claudie and Julie doing what all girls love to do... eating the leftover chocolate!

80 comments:

claudie said...

WOW I think you used every picture possible Mrs. Magpie lol.
You KNOW how to tell a beautiful story of "just a girl" meeting her dear friends on her birthday.
You KNOW how to make everyone feel so special, not only the "girl" but all of her friends. You KNOW that we love you for your creative, happy, fun loving spirit. You KNOW your one of a kind don't you?
Moments like these are what make memories last a life time.
Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
Love you to the moon and back again.
Love Claudie
oxoxoxoxoxo

Rebecca Nelson said...

Oh my goodness! The pictures are divine and this is TRULY the sweetest party I've ever NOT had the privilege of attending.

Thank you for sharing the sweet memories. Precious!

xo Rebecca PS: That lady is gorgeous!

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

My sweet Mrs. Magpie...

Oh my goodness....what a party it was! Simply yummy. I am crazy about the colors and I'm sure the food was just as delish. You went to so much work to make that day so special....what a wonderful girlie you are...of course we all knew that! You are simply the BESTEST.

And, what a beautiful group of girlies. Aren't they soooo special? I'm so glad to hear that Becky is doing well and is getting answers. She is such a sweetheart. And, leave it to Claudie to don a beautiful Prom DRESS for the party....so like her. Love it. She's hilarious.

Have a wonderful day dear friend.

Sending huge huggies!

xoxoxoxo
Spence

This West London Life said...

Oh, Sheila, what a beuatiful post! I feel quite emotional! x

Lindsay-ann said...

Oh Sheila, I almost lost for words. Everything looked so perfect. It really looked to be such a fantastic occasion. Everyone looks so happy especially Claudie. I LOVE the bunny table runner and the cute flower plates are really pretty. The bows tied around the chairs are a lovely touch. I enjoyed seeing all your blogger friends both alive and and stitched! Glad Mr Magpie had sweet David to keep him company!
Thanks for sharing pictures from this amazing party. Claudie just shines the whole way through. She looks such fun to be around as do all of you lucky girls.
Lindsay
x

Jenny said...

Wow. Wow. What a special, memorable and wonderful time for all of you. It was perfect. Like a fairy tale. And I can just feel the "happy" coming from your post!

Hooray for all of you!

What a wonderful post...thank you for letting us all tag along!

Allie and Pattie said...

Oh Sheila!! I cried through this! What a wonderful, beautiful post and what wonderful, beautiful people!! I'm jealous, I really am! You're just the best!
xoxo Pattie

Julie said...

Oh my (god) I am smiling from mountain to mountain. This post made me reminisce with such heartfelt gratitude for an amazing experience - once again.

You think of everything. Even the "accoutrements" at the end of this post is so refined.

How do you do it? Someone in your life has instilled so much grace, and charm and intelligence and attention to detail and creativity. It just makes you fabulous.

I would love to do art galleries with you. Planning another trip? I would never say never and I will start tucking a little mad money away for something as special as that again.

Much love to you and all who are mentioned in the post.

Julie

Emily said...

Man, what a shindig!! Just beautiful. You sure went to a lot of work for that party. It looks like it turned out perfect!

Mad Red Hare said...

Beautiful! Lovely job on that party. You must know that my favorite part was the table runners. I would love to come across those at our Marshalls.

Connie said...

I so wish I lived near you so you could throw me a party, sweetpea!! LOL... I wish my hair was the color of Claudie's hair though; it's gorgeous!
xoxo,
Connie

Melissa Lester said...

What a perfectly pink princess party! Every detail was beautiful and full of love.

Mary Bergfeld said...

You had way too much fun putting this together. This was some party and I'm sure only oversight prevented an invitation from reach me in time. You really are the best. Have a great day. Blessings...Mary

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I so want to go to a pink party!What a fabulous bash you hosted Sheila! Everything is perfect.. in fact it's like a dream party! That dress of Claudie's is to die for! I want one bad. And your cottage is picture perfect, just exactly what a charming beach cottage should look like. All of the ladies and gents were sooo lucky to have you as their hostess!!! Oh dang, I want a pink party bad! hehe.
Wonderful Post my friend,
Cindy

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, oh, oh!!! How much fun!! Thanks for putting all of those wonderful photos in one place so that we could get the total effect, Miss Sheila! I felt like I was there! Isn't Claudie a Jackie O esque vision in pink? Your decorations were wonderful! You are a fab hostess, Ma'am! Looks like the best birthday party ever! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

Lisa Smith said...

happy birthday!! I love, love pink!!

PS praying for your friend you mentioned on Chas's blog. =)

Lorrie said...

What a fabulous party Sheila. I so wish I could have been there with you in person as well as in spirit as I was flying into West Palm Beach that very day.

I so enjoy seeing all the little details that went into the decorating, such a fun table for a birthday.

You're right though, that nothing is as special as the love and laughter shared among friends. What a treat to see a group of ladies brought together through blogging and having such a lovely time.

Beverly said...

Sheila, everything couldn't have been more perfect. Jeanne has shared with me just how wonderful it was. You are the best ant a sweetheart.

Beverly said...

I should have been more careful proofing my comment before I published.

I have laughed at "you are the best ant a sweetheart". Too funny. Of course, it should be "you are the best and a sweetheart".

How do I know? Because I love you, and I don't love ants.

From the Kitchen said...

I'm with Mary, my invitation must have been lost in the mail. However, my birthday is January 12. Please send your address and a map showing the way from Chicago.

I think this is the most beautiful, thoughtful, wonderful, fun-filled, PINKest, did I say wonderful? O.K., I've said it again.

I will cherish the memories and, ahem, I wasn't even there!!

Best,
Bonnie

Chatty Crone said...

I don't know if you announced the party or not - but no wonder you have been so busy lately. That was a lot of work.

And you did a beautiful job. It was gorgeous.

You had so many cool blogger friends. You home was decorated so nice.

You have such a kind and loving spirit that you just draw people towards you.

It was a nice pink party!

Love,
Sandie

Anonymous said...

It looks like you ladies had a MARVELOUS time!! I could almost hear everyone laughing ;)

Thank you for sharing such a fun party with us!

Charlotte said...

Geesh...you throw a way better party then us Atlanta bloggers...What a fabulous party!!
but why weren't we invited???....Just kidding...but it looks like it was a wonderful party and the guest of honor, well, didn't she look beautiful in that gorgeous pink dress....and the boots were a nice touch!! I smiled reading the entire post.

The Style Sisters said...

Now that is a party! Wow every detail was amazing. I love all the ideas, the colors the fun! I am hosting a new link up party on my blog today.. called Centerpice Wednesdays and would love for you to join in. Please link back to me at the styleisters and or grab my button.
Karin

xinex said...

Oh Sheila, what a fun birthday celebration and get together. The birthday celebrant was so beautiful in pink and you were the most gracious hostess. The tables were gorgeous! Everybody looked so happy, I wish I was able to join you!...Christine

Grace said...

I have missed you! I sat here with a cup of coffee and read this whole post! lol Lovely how much stinkin cute fun! Girlfriends rock! Grace xoxoxox

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Now who could possibly resist this pink party! And what a pretty pink princess the birthday girl is! I love Pink! Maybe I'll have a pink birthday someday too! How fun!

Marigene said...

Wow, that was some party! Love your pretty party table.

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Wow!!! What a fun and fabulous looking party!
So many cute little things to make it a very special day, with no detail missed!
I love that bunny table runner, btw! It was so perfect with the table linens!

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Sheila! What a wonderful time you gals and guys must have had. You, my dear, went to the max to make a wonderful party! Your table and all of your fun accessories were just too cute! Love seeing all the pretty faces (you're hiding again :). And that Claudie, is she a beautiful woman or what?
You are just the best, my sweet friend and I so wish I could have been with y'all! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Joyful said...

Wow! First let me say how absolutely gorgeous Claudie, the birthday girl is. A vision in pink or anything other colour I'm sure :-)

The story of the birthday and how all you bloggers got together was very heartwarming. The love and care that went into making the day and the gathering special are so very evident and you are all blessed to have met. Much love and continued blogging and continued wonderful, blogging friendships. xx

Karena said...

Sheila I am astounded it was a perfect party!! Love everything, your designn your guests, the food, wow!!

Where do I get a bunny runner like that?

Karena
Art by Karena

Joanne Kennedy said...

Now that was one fantastic party! Everything was so pretty and cheerful. I couldn't pick out one thing I loved the most as I loved it all.

Great job. My birthday is this Sat. Do you want to come and plan my party :)

Hugs,
Joanne

JEANNE said...

Hi Sheila, this day and many others sure got away from me. Ever since I went with my sister on her buying trip I have been running to town everyday to have our car and truck inspected so we could get our license plates. The truck failed inspection so that meant repairs and finally today the inspection passed. We hauled our RV in for maintenance. No, small job, it is big. We will use it this summer and it needs a license plate too. Tomorrow back to town for the licenses and the car inspection. The RV is still at the shop too. LOL. I have only been home three days and there is no rest for the weary. Whew!!!

I'm glad you like my iris blooms. They were so pretty this year. I have enjoyed them so much.

Your post is awesome Sheila. You did a fabulous job putting it together just like it happened. I felt like it happened all over again. I love the way your story unfolded. You are wonderful at telling stories. You didn't miss a thing. We had such a wonderful time that day. You made all of us feel so special. You are the best hostess ever. You and Mr magpie as well. I enjoyed meeting him so much. He and David were such good sports. I think they had a good time too. I loved spending the extra time with you too. The bonus!!!

It is very late so I better go to bed. I do hope you are feeling better each day. Please be careful. Falling is not an option for us as the years go by.

I am sending you healing good wishes and a big old hug too.

Prayers are a given.
Love,
Jeanne

Gail said...

What fun you had and lasting memories. The tablescape made the party so festive. The colors were fun. That cake was to die for...yum.
Can't have a birthday party without cake and of course...friends. You are blessed.

RenƩ said...

That looks like the sweetest party. The colors, the chocolate, and the smiling faces are all the so wonderful. I love your comment about camouflage, tee hee.
Thank you for leaving me the sweet comment.

Kat said...

What a beautiful post Sheila! It looks like an amazing, special day filled with laughter and good friends. What could be better? You did such a beautiful job pulling this all together, and Claudie looks gorgeous in that pink dress! Kathy

Lynn said...

Looks like everyone had a really great time, and special memories were made!

Mary said...

What a SPECTACULAR celebration! Every detail from the table, decorations, favors & CAKE~ I wish we had a Publix :-)

bj said...

Whoa...now THAT is a LOT of pictures, Mrs. Magpie...and a lot of fun, it looks like.
That Claudie...a beautiful woman, indeed.
I am so glad ya'll had so much fun.
None of you will ever forget this meeting!!
hugs, bj

Debbiedoos said...

WOW what a party!~ They really went all out for a very special friend!~ May I also say you are one killer looking woman! WOW stunning pink dress...even the head piece looked good:)! Thanks for stopping by, and A very happy Birthday to you!~

Carol at Serendipity said...

Sheila,

What a party! Just a wonderful post. I did not set a table today because I am getting ready for the Blogger's Quilt Festival tomorrow and there are only so many hours in the day!!

Beautiful pictures.

Carol

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

What a glorious day Mrs. Magpie! We've decided that you are the "hostess with the mostess!" The table...those chairs- the cute bunny runners....oh - and we heart those vintage glasses :) oh...yes!!
Looks like a lovely day to celebrate friends!!

Julie Pishny said...

Sheila, What a fun birthday party and the decorations were over the top! I loved the rabbit runner, the pink bows on the chairs, and the lovely china...what a special afternoon celebration...you are a generous and talented little gal. Thank you for sharing the fun with us. hugs.julie

A 2 Z said...

Woohoo Sheila! What a party! First let me say how beautiful everything was. A lot of work and preparation went into all the little details. Then with the help of the pictures we can see all the love and laughter there was amongst friends. I'm sure Claudie will remember this birthday pary for the rest of her life. thank your for recommending Charles Faudree. I went and googled him. I love country French. I looked at some of this work and I was very impressed. Thank you for visiting and sharing this beautiful party.

Anne-Marie

Barbara said...

I can't imagine all of the work that went into this - every attention to every detail. It turned out just perfectly. I am sure this is a day that everyone will remember forver.

Cathy said...

I wish I could have been there too, Sheila. You sure do know how to throw a party! Claudie is so lovely in pink.

Claudia said...

Dear Sheila,

Your party for Claudie looks like it was a smashing success. Such care and love was put into every part of the day. You are such a great friend to so many. I can tell from the photos that everyone had the best of times!

The decorations, the colors, the place settings - all of them are just perfect and they really suit Ms. Claudie to a 'T'

It is always so wonderful when bloggers can meet. Now you all this wonderful memory of your time together - because of you, sweet Sheila.

xo
Claudia

Claudia said...

Oh gosh, it should be "Now you all have this wonderful memory..."

When will I learn to proof before I hit publish???

You are the best Sheila - I wish I could have been there!!

xo
Claudia

2sisters said...

It looks like you had a fabulous time! What a great celebration. Can't wait to get back to blogging.
Miss you!!!

susan said...

Sheila-I posted a comment, but I don't see it. Anyway, I just gushed about your chairs and plates and my envy that you all got together! No wonder you "borrowed" pics. You were too busy being the hostess with the mostest :) Thanks for dropping by--I have been in a tablescape slump, but hope to do one soon! Good to see Stella!

Sarah said...

Sheila, could a pink party being any better? You are so clever from the party to the post of this fun time. Loved seeing all these photos. How fun to get together with these other "pinkies" to celebrate Claudie's birthday. She is definitely a pink princess! What a beauty!!!
Thanks for sharing all the details of this colorful happy party. ~ Sarah

Joyce said...

Can I hire you as my party planner? Wonderful fun and colorful party. Thanks for sharing the day with me.
Joyce

Darlene said...

I remember seeing posts about that party! It looks like you all had SO MUCH FUN! You outdid yourself on all the decorations! I don't know Claudie but she is beautiful and I bet she felt like a QUEEN with all that you all did for her Birthday!!!!!♥

From the Old InkWell said...

WOW! What an awesome post. I have to admit I've just scanned the pics since I'm cleaning house and passed by the computer to dust and, of course, just had to stop for a sec. Saw your comment on my post about hoarding and loved it so much I had to come by. You are so right about it being a FINE LINE!!! You so got my drift! I'm going to come back when my house is spic-n-span clean and devor this post. I just know there's lots of ideas tucked in here.

Unknown said...

What a magnificent party Shiela. Oh and what fun to be with so many of your kindred spirits...all underneath one pink celebration. I love everything, the photographs, the table setting, the Tracy Porter dishes, and all your party wonderness! You win for having the prettiest post ever.

Karen

Cindy said...

You do know how to throw a party, don't you!!! It looks like you had a heap of FuN!!! I wish I could have been there, too!
Hugs, Cindy S

eatlotsachocolate said...

Those are beautiful people having a beautiful party. You really outdid yourself with all the accoutrements. It looks just perfect and you must be the best kind of friend ever, providing special memories for all that attended. It is wonderful story.
And thanks again for coming by my blog and your kind words.
Have a great weekend. Joanie

ellen b. said...

Sheila! How absolutely fabulous is this! What a great event and celebration. You really went over the top and I always admire a girl who can go over the top and pull off a wonderful event like this one. Hats off to you Sheila! You did real good!!!

Denise Marie said...

what a terrific celebration!!

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

What a fun time you all must have had! Everything looks just great and girly!! Love it! And a Happy belated birthday to Claudie!!

Melissa Miller said...

Oh how wonderful is this special birthday party Sheila! I LOVE it! You have truly created a beautiful day with delightful memories for everyone. Gorgeous! Thank you for showing us the magic. Now I want a flower headband. *Smiles*

Thoughtfully Blended Hearts said...

Thanks for including us in this beautiful and fun party....just too much to see in all these lovely photos!!!

Anita @ Far Above Rubies said...

Wonderful post! Such lovely photos tell a great story of friendship and fellowship. Just gorgeous! You outdid yourself, my goodness!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Sweet Claudie is a vision no matter what she wears! This looks like so much fun.
Brenda

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful party! Oh the fun all of you must have had! Your tablescape is just beautiful ♥ Every thing is so pretty. I love the flower hats. I know the trouble you went through to have this celebration. I think your the hostess with the mostest ♥

Katy Noelle said...

Missy Magpie, I just came over to see you again and to say what a very fun birdy you are to have around, indeed!

What a lovely house and a lovely time, beatiful gifts and fun pictures and pretty table settings and on and on and on!

Okay, is that planked salmon with almond crust? Have you ever had planked salmon - it's a HUGE WOW! My husband has loved reading the favorite poems and Jackie Kennedy book to our sons, for years now. I covet your gardening boots. Uh, oh! I can't remember the rest.... sorry, I tried! =]

Be well!

Love, Katy Noelle

Anonymous said...

Claudie is so beautiful and so are you! xoxo

Glo said...

It is amazing to me how much detail and thought you put into everything! How lucky everyone was to be a part of it all! And, yes, Claudie is a vision in pink! She truly is "bubbling over", isn't she?

Oh, and I love your slipcovers with the raspberry bows! Gorgeous!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment on my blog. Watch what you say Mrs. Magpie....a blue party or a pink party....I may just come to Florida! :)

Decor To Adore said...

The last picture was the best! Sorry to have missed that party.

Pop by and enter my giveaway. It's lovely.

Sue said...

Shelia,
Now how did I miss this big shindig, I loved every photo, and it looks like it was a barn burner. You gals had a great time and I am so glad.
Blogging has formed some of the greatest friendships and for that I am so thankful, Thank you for your friendship.
Hugs,
Sue

Cinnamonstitch said...

wow, that is awesome, you did such a lovely job, a party to remember for sure, and all the pink :)
Hugs
Cynthia

D.O.S.A. said...

Thank YOU for being the most amazing friend with the best ideas for parties, and life in general.
Hugs,
Lisa

RachelD said...

I don't think I've ever regretted missing a party more!!!

(Well, there WAS that thing for Colin Firth's birthday, but we were in Monaco, so I had to send regrets).

This was the most wonderful occasion I believe I've ever witnessed, as far as preparations and beautiful decorations and elegance and lovely friends and gorgeous everything. As well as a sense of joy in that room that you could bottle and get rich.

Y'all just DO beat all.

rachel

Sherri@lavenderfields said...

Sheila you are amazing! You really know how to throw a party! It looks like a scene from a magazine! There were no details that were overlooked! That is what I love about you, your attention to detail! It looks like everyone had an amazing time getting together! Hope you are doing well and all the renos are getting near complete! I haven't posted in awhile. Just been busy with life! Beautiful post! Bye for now! Love Sherri : )

Tardevil said...

What a FUN & beautifully decorated party! You know that we're all jealous that we didn't get an invite, right? What a lovely home you have! And how gorgeous was Claudie in that pink dress? I'm glad everyone had a great time. You're the ultimate hostess w/ the mostess! LOL!

Linda Q said...

So much eye candy, just fabulous!
I want a BD party like that, to fun!
Linda

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

You Hosted a beautiful Party ,looked like everyone was having a blast !
Happy belated Birthday to Claudie !
Blessings,
~Myrna

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Oh Sheila...what a blast! I love seeing every pic!!! You guys had more fun that has to legally allowed!!! :-) You do know how to throw a birthday bash! :-)

Deborah aka Miss Bee said...

I'm breathless! It's almost just too much to take in! What a special, caring person you are, Sheila, to have done all this for Claudie and her friends. Your party decor should be in a magazine - How to Entertain. Every detail attended to with love. These gals will never forget you and their time together at your home.

I thank you and Fred again for delivering my little tokens of love to Claudie.

xoxoxo
Deborah
(Miss Bee)