Thursday is a very *shiny* day for me...
No, it's not my birthday...
But it is Mr. Magpie's...
So, as a birthday present...
I thought I would innumerate some of the myriad reasons I love him...
Hope you don't mind, but if you do, well...tough! ;-) LOL!
But it's really not that tough because you have a shot to win a shiny prize! No, not one of the cakes on the Cake Walk (those were auctioned for charity), but something you will like because I'll go shopping just for you...
So, how do I love thee, Mr. M.???
Let me count the ways (and these are only a few and kinda serious at that)...
1) First and foremost, I love the fact that you un-apologetically love God and follow His precepts...
2) I love the fact that you love this country and respect our military who defend and protect it, saluting the flag and saying the Pledge and really meaning it...
3) I love the fact that you aren't afraid of hard work and that while you possess a winner's determination, you are a gentleman of sterling integrity with the Eagle Scout in you shining forth (I like to picture you at your desk, looking out the window at the same water I'm seeing as I'm stuck on one drawbridge or another!)...
4)I love the fact that small dogs...
5) And small children (some posing as forest creatures)...

Love you and feel safe with you...
6) And I love the fact that you have a high tolerance for tablescaping (and takeout) at all hours of the day...
7) And night...
8) I love the fact that you never question me in my enthusiasm when I convince you we can drive to Maine in two days flat...

9) And I really love the fact that you don't say, "I told you so," when I end up needing a donut cushion and lots of rest stops for the remainder of the trip through New England...

10) I love the fact that we laugh at the same jokes...

11) And enjoy the same art...
12) I love the fact that you are good to your mother and that you always have been, especially when your pre-pubescent self agreed to be Pinocchio for her charity fundraiser...
13) I love the fact that you, who hate anything and everything clownish, still tolerate my sock monkeys...
14) And even get a kick out their shenanigans...

15) I love the fact that I'm on the inside looking out with you and not on the outside looking in...
16) I love the fact that you are a comfortable fit...
17) A steadying hand...
18) And calm, still water, providing a safe harbor for those in your care...
19) And I love the fact that you are really, really smart and keep me alert and on my toes...
20) And I love the fact that you take better pictures with your Blackberry than most people take with a camera because, despite your protestations to the contrary, you're a true artist...
21) And I love the fact that the twenty-seventh of May is your birthday and that, while we are unavoidably apart, I still get to celebrate the day because it brought me YOU, my "boyfriend" of many, many years! I hope you're celebrating, too, and we'll celebrate more (danger, sugar coma on the way) very soon!!!
Happy Birthday, Mr. Magpie!
XOXOXO,
The Little Woman (who ain't so little any more!) ;-)
P.S. DRAWING INFO HERE:
Yes, that watering can is a REAL CAKE, including its spout. Can you believe it?. And before I close I want you to know that in honor of Mr. Magpie's birthday, I did a drawing of the blog followers, and the number generated by random number is 21, so I counted both forward from one end of the followers and backwards from the other end and came up with two winners! Michelle at Mad Red Hare is one, and Rebbecca at A Gathering of Thoughts is the other. So I have a prize especially for you. But it's a secret. So if each of you will please email me your mailing address at your earliest convenience, I would be very grateful. Thanks! :-)
Now, for everyone reading this (and lurkers, this means you, too), if you would be ever so kind to leave Mr. Magpie a birthday greeting, I will enter your name in another drawing for a very shiny object. What is it? Not telling. But it's a surprise, too, and I guarantee that you will like it! Thanks for your well wishes! :-)




94 comments:
I hope your Mr. Magpie has a happy, HAPPY Birthday!!!!!!♥
Sheila! Oh, what a wonderful post! I send a wonderful Happy Happy Birthday wish to Mr. Magpie!! He seems like a wonderful, loving, caring person - he picked you, Sheila! Did I kiss up enough to win a prize? :)
Love you, and love the way your tiny mind thinks, love your fun and love your shiny objects!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Sheila! Oh my gosh, what a wonderful post! I feel so much love in it! I want to wish happy birthday to Mr Magpie! Love all the photos!
Blessings,
Sandra
First of all this was the most PRECIOUS tribute I've ever read to a hubby. My man is the same exact way....and it is to his credit we've been married for 31 years.
Just lovely!
Now..second...
I can't believe I won something!!! I'm sooo thrilled. EEEK! Thank you sweet friend. I'll get my address right off to you.
Love for you and Mr. M. Have a wonderful time celebrating when you're back together again.
xoRebecca
Hello Sheila,
How have you been? I feel like it has been quite a long long time :-) Funny how we feel that way here in the world of blogs just like the one in real life :-)
It's rare I get to comment early here LOL I was just browsing through the list, and letting myself smile and laugh a little on posts that I've read and just be with familiar people here. I need a dose of that everyday (so it seems these days).
You are blessed to have married a wonderful man both inside and out. Nobody is perfect but God certainly was looking out for you and gifted you with someone who will be perfect for you (was that a song? LOL - but it's true!) And I am sure he feels the same way towards you, no doubt about it. Happy Birthday to Mr. Magpie!
The cakes are distracting - making me crave for one too! Good thing it's already night time here. Otherwise, I might have dash right through the door and buy me some LOL.
Mizpah,
Li
Elizabeth Barrett Browning herself couldn't have written a more eloquent and loving tribute, Sheila. What beautiful words spoken straight from your heart ...
With best wishes to Mr. Magpie for the best birthday celebration ever. He has already received the best present you could ever give him.
What a delightful post you have shared with us. You have an amazing man, we all can see how and why you love him. He is truly a gift from God.
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie, May the lord bless your special day with family, friends and CAKE!
aw...that is so darling...so sweet!
and all those cakes..yum! i want to have a piece now!
ciao bella
creative carmelina was here!
Sheila, that is the nicest post! You said such wonderful things about Mr. Magpie...my favorite? the one about being on inside looking out rather than on the outside looking in. Perfect.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Magpie!!! Mrs. Magpie is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have her.
xoxo
Claudia
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie!!
Amazing desserts you are tempting us all with on your blog!!
Have a wonderful celebration!!
Kay Ellen
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie! I'm sorry you aren't together on this special day. I can see what a wonderful couple you are and know there will be enthusiastic celebrating soon.
Sheila, you certainly picked a good man.
Hugs,
Dawn
oh.....happy happy birthday Mr. Magpie....oh.....happy happy birhtday Mr. Magpie....oh...well, you get it - we're singing & celebrating with you today Mr. M - we're sure Mrs. M will spoil you rotton today - God Bless you today & this birthday year!!
Karla & Karrie
Of course I always like to win, but if I don't it is okay - I think that is about the sweetest and most wonderful love letter that I have ever read.
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie - you two are two peas in the same pod!
Best wishes. Sandie
Happy birthday Mr. Wonderful Magpie - though I bet it is already happy. What a fabulous post all about you - you are such a dear!!!
Dear Mr. Magpie -- Happy Birthday and congratulations on your fabulous taste in women.
How sweet are the two of you?!?! Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie!!!!
Oh, this is like peeking into a love letter! Mr. M is obviously a real treasure ~ I suggest you keep him!! Much love from someone with a birthday in 2 days! x
OH Sheila. You made me giggle and cry at the same time- and I needed that today!
Mr Magpie, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I can tell Sheila is very blessed to have you, and I know how blessed you feel to have her. Have a wonderful, special, spectacular day!
xoxo Pattie and Ray
Sheila, this is SO sweet!! And a Big Ole' Happy Birthday to Mr. M!! But you know, I am sure he thinks he is the lucky one to have you!!!
I love the one about driving to Maine in two days!! You are a hoot girl!! That so sounds like something I would say to Steve!
Much love to you...
Lou Cinda :)
Oh my gosh Sheila, leave it to you to write the best hubby tribute I have ever read. I have one question? Can I clone him? Come on, do a friend a favor, you know your mother taught you to share, lol.
I am really mad at you though, tempting me with all those cakes, now I have to go in the kitchen and bake something. Or run up to Publix for a cupcake. Something, I need cake, NOW!
Sorry you two are apart for this special day, but with a wife like you, I'm just certain that Mr. Magpie celebrates everyday Happy Birthday Mr. M. and Happy Having A Wonderful Hubby Everyday to you!
xoxoxox,
and a big ol' thanks for brightening my day.
You tell that Mr. Magpie that I do love him also for the friend he helped create for me too. She has gotten me through more than one day just with her words and I know his love for you is one of the things that makes her so very wonderful. Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie!
HI, Sheila, with a birthday wish like this, how could Mr. Magpie be anything but happy. You have such a delightful way with words. I wish your sweet hubby many, many more Happy Birthdays & an extra special one tomorrow. Thank you always for stopping by to say hello!! xoxo
That is one of the sweetest tributes I have seen! And Happy Birthday to your Mr.! He sounds like a great guy.
Wishing you a VERY happy birthday, Mr. Magpie! You sure do have a woman who loves and adores you with all her heart :) Have a wonderful day!
Happy Birthday Mr Magpie
Hope your day is as special as you are.
Sheila, this is such a beautiful post. I loved hearing all about him and I feel I know him a lot better now.
I hope you can celebrate together soon.
It's Jessica's birthday on Saturday so it's party time here soon too.
Lindsay
x
I love this post Sheila. I think our husbands may be twin sons of different mothers, as the old album title said :) I remembered that your Mr. Magpie and our darling Cait share a birthday. So Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie! Kathy
Dear Mr. "M"
You sound like a gem! (careful, Magpies love sparkly things!)
So says your wife
your life is quite rife
with goodness and love
(you sound sweet as a dove!)
So Birthday Greetings I Send
From Magpies E-Friend.
Hugs,
Neinah
Shelia,
This post made me teary eyed! It is so sweet, and such a wonderful tribute to Mr. Magpie!
Tell him Happy Birthday from Mississippi!
Hope all is well with you!
:) Diane
Happy Birthday to Mr. magpie! he sounds like a real keeper:>)
Oh Sheila, your hubby is the sweetest guy and so worthy of your love. He too, is a lucky man to have you for a wife. Happy, Happy, Birthday Mr. Magpie. May you have many more to come. I love all of your reasons for loving and respecting your dh. I love your post and the sock monkeys make me smile. Do you put them to bed at night sheila? laughing.
I would love to win a giveaway from awesome you!!!
Love you so much my friend.
Jeanne
A very happy birthday to Mr. Magpie. I love reading your blog, you are such a unique individual. I wish you were my next door neighbor so I could enjoy a cup of coffee with you whenever the occasion presented itself. You have such a great sense of humor. Your husband is no doubt one very remarkable man. He would have to be to match you!
Hugs, Cindy S
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie...wherever you are!!...and I'm hoping if I win that shiny something that it will resemble those lobster plates shown in one of the pictures.....
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie. I enjoyed your wife's post about the few things she noted about loving you...I am sure there are many more!
And as for the cakes...omg!!! I think they are fantastic!
Happy, Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie.... You are one lucky fella to have such a loving wife!...She deserves a wonderful guy like you. I'm sorry to hear you're going to be apart for your special day, but I can see Mrs. Magpie's going to keep your shiny self in her thoughts.
Hugs to My Sweet Sheila's "boyfriend"...
Spencer
Happy Birthday indeed Mr. Magpie. Someone must love you very much!
Happy Birthday to Mr. Magpie!!! He deserves a big kiss!!
Blessings, Jo
:P.S. thanks for visiting with me during my Texas trip!
Awwww....Mr. Magpie. I would wish you a wonderful gift for your birthday but I think you already have one in our dear wife. What a tribute... And those cakes. Oh my. I hope she makes you one of each. And then feeds it to you. While you lounge in a bubble bath!
Happy Birthday!
All those reasons are why we all fell in love with Mr. Magpie. Aren't we the lucky ones? Really, he is amazing!
Happy happy birthday Mr. Magpie. I will have a toast with a glass of bubbly just for you.
WOW Mrs. Magpie, Publix must LOVE YOU TOO ! Amazing cakes, but the watering can wins hands down... well after mine of course : )
On another note, I just returned after a 14 hour long visit to the vets with 4 of the dogs. It was 100 smokin' hot degrees today. Colt was with me. We sat under a tree to try and cool off and ate lots of ice cream. They all came out of it well. LONG DAY. I'm going to bed now, I must.
Again lovely tribute to a wonderful husband, friend, companion, lover and Uncle, oh and fur baby and sock monkey too : )
Love you to the moon and back... both of you.
Love Claudie
xxoxoxoxoxxoxo
What a wonderful post! But it seems sad that you are not together!? So Happy B Day to Mr. Magpie!! Those cakes are so amazing--I have never seen so many lucious ones at one time. Of course Minkey said to say your monkeys are mighty fine (but not to tell Zephir, her one true love). Aren't hubbys great!! A very rich blessing from God.
Didn't realize I was not hooked up as a follower until now!!! now I am!!
Happy birthday Mr. "M"! I think you must be some kind of special!!!!!
Best,
Bonnie
Happy Happy Birthday, Mr. M! I can see why Mrs. M loves you.... any man who can tolerate lots of tablescapes is worth loving! ;)
I really like that part about the tablescapes, by the way, Sheila! ;)
Oh Sheila! You are so sweet! How can Mr. Magpie not help but love you so much? What a wonderful post! Happy Birthday, Mr. Magpie! I hope your birthday will be wonderful and that you will have lots and lots even more wonderful birthdays to come.
About the teapot, yes it is a Richard Ginori. Wow! You're good, how did oyu know?
I will defintely have fun with Janie and Alan!...can't wait, one more day!....Christine
What a wonderful tribute to your husband! Those cakes are fabulous! Love the watering can!!
I've been in the process of composing "100 Things I love about my husband," so I really enjoyed seeing what you wrote about yours too.
Katherine
Happy Birthday, Mr Magpie! What a fablous tribute to you from the sweetest person in bloggland!
Sheila, I love your stories and this sentimental tribute is no exception. Your magpie sounds like such a darling godly man! Thanks for sharing this loving post about the man in your life!
Yvonne
Ah that was sweet!
Happy Birthday to Mr. Pie :).
He sounds like a keeper!
I think we just wear them down with the table stuff.
Today it was HOT and he didn't even ask why I was lugging all the dishes outside to the porch for a make believe party!
Enjoy the weekend..God bless our soldiers, past and present..and God bless America...
Love this post Sheila. It paints such a heartwarming picture of the lovely Mr. Magpie. Do you know that they say you can always tell how a man will treat you by the way he treats his mother. Well they are right!! Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie and I am wishing you many many wonderful returns of the day. I wish I could be there to share your birthday cake with you and Sheila!! Yummy -- all those cake pictures are making me salivate :)
Your photos and your words of love made a beautiful post. What amazing cakes you posted! Wishing A very happy birthday to Mr. Magpie. laurie
Oh, Mr. Magpie! Happy Happy Birthday! You are a very special man, to have a wife to Tell How Wonderful You Are Together! This was one beautiful Birthday Card from your Loving Wife, Mrs. Magpie! I think you two shine together! I just loved this card to you Mr. Magpie! You both are so lucky to have each other! I love the chocolate cake, and oh the shiny cake plate! The watering can is adorable! Happy Birthday to your shining Man! Thank you for coming by often, I love hearing from you!
Hi Sheila! I am looking forward to seeing your fine china when you post them. You should join The Tablescaper for "Where do you keep it all?" on June 2nd. I am trying to take pictures and post in advance cause I'll be busy then, more guests coming and I am overwhelmed. I did not realize I had too much, lol. I will definitely take lots of pics with Janie and hubbs...Christine
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie!
Sheila, what a touching and loving post! It sounds like you have had a most wonderful marriage. I can tell, he is your soul mate and best friend. Hugs to you. And enter me please, sounds like a shiny object would be so much fun!
Hugs, Cindy
Happy Birthday Mr Magpie!!! from southern kiwi :)
p.s those cakes are AMAZING
Happy Birthday, Mr. Magpie!
I want to see the Pinocchio photo in person. That has to be the sweetest thing ever. Boys who are good to their mothers grow up to be amazing men, who marry sweet magpies. Of course you already knew that!
Dear Sheila,
A very very happy birthday to your sweet Mr. Magpie. Mr. Magpie, I wish you many many more Happy and Healthy birthdays! I just love this post, I read it twice! I love all your funny stories and yummy photos. You have a truly blessed life.
Thank you so much for checking on Oliver. He has had a fever, ear infection etc. on and off for 2 weeks or more now. He finished his antibiotic but is still very congested and is feeling so so. He didn't go to school yesterday and has only been once in over 2 weeks. He is sleeping now, he said he misses blogging but he doesn't feel up to it yet. Hopefully he will have a better weekend.
xoxo
Bunny
♪ Happy Birthday to you. ♫
♪ Happy Birthday to you.♩
♬ Happy Birthday dear Mr. Magpie. ♪
♪ Happy Birthday to you! ♬
What a moving tribute to your sweet hubby, Shelia! I'm sure he was a touched by your words as I was. He sounds like a wonderful guy & I wish him many, many more birthdays so you can celebrate them TOGETHER!!
BTW, those cakes are AWESOME!!!!
Hi There, What an incredible post... Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie... He sounds like a "keeper" for sure... And I'm sure he feels the same about you. I love your tribute to him. Sorry you two are apart though.
I don't participate in Giveaways -so don't enter my name. But --I did want to stop by and say HELLO and Happy Birthday to your Sweetie.
Hugs,
Betsy
Sounds like you found yourself a real keeper there, Miss Sheila! What a wonderful tribute to your hubby and to your marriage! Happy birthday, Mr. Magpie! Hope you two have a wonderful clelbration upon his return! And...happy weekend! Hugs...Debbie
Oh, those cakes!!!...but, I'll bet they don't hold a candle to your Mr. Magpie...what a man! Your post is full of love and admiration for a man who, I'm sure, loves you equally or more, in return.
I've got to get back to blogging. Just now, I'm trying to catch up on visiting and catching up on what everyone is doing.
Happy Birthday, Mr. Magpie!!
Deborah in North Carolina
Happy Birthday to your AMAZING husband!! Wow, he sounds like a REAL man and that is such a treasure to find. This is a beautiful tribute to him. It is encouraging to read about good men. Thank you! Happy Happy Birthday!! ...and those cakes ALL looked gorgeous and delicious too...now I have a sweet tooth, lol. ;)
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie, I think your best gift must be the delightful Mrs. Magpie and how she blesses your life.
Karen
What a beautiful tribute indeed. I feel blessed to have met you both back in March. You are such wonderful people, and that love radiates all around you. I will never forget either of you.
Have a Lovely Day Mr. Magpie !!
and you, too, sweet Mrs. Magpie.
Love to you both,
Teresa
Love is "like" on fire. You are so lucky to have a woman who can express such devotion and admiration to you in such a special way. You must be bursting at the seams with lovin after reading that. I am and I am not married to Mrs. Magpie! I suggest you get in your car and DRIVE quickly to her side, sweep her off her feet like you did when you first met and spend the evening together laughing and loving and snoozing ( in no particular order) to make your birthday candles explode like the 4th of July.
That is my birthday wish for you Mr. Magpie, all the way from the west coast of Canada. Every time I read Sheila's post I feel smiles erupting in my soul.
You are obviously a great man - and so birthdays are a celebration of a great life with someone who fits you perfectly.
That's cause for celebration too. HAPPY BIRTHDAY 007. (double -oh-seven)
What a wonderful tribute to your husband ! Happy Birthday, Mr Magpie!
I hope your Celebration is wonderful!
Blessings,
~Myrna
HERE'S TO YOU, MR. MAGPIE!! GREAT BIG WISHES FOR A BIRTHDAY FILLED TO THE BRIM WITH ALL THE WONDERFULNESS YOUR HEART CAN HOLD, AND ALL THE SPECIAL JOY AND LOVE OF YOUR SWEET, AMAZING WIFE!!
I must tell you I knew exactly the kind of man you were when I drove up to the house for the party and you were outside putting the finishing touches on the red carpet for the guests, and gave me such a warm welcome!
And indeed you proved me right with your gracious, kind, smiling, hospitable ways!
You are a blessing to Sheila, and clearly a gentleman of honor and integrity! Not to mention a GOOD SPORT, TOO!! (smiling as she remembers the flower headbands) :o)
May God bless you with many more birthdays to enjoy that are full of love, health and happiness.
Love and hugs to you both!!
Becky
Joyeux anniversaire Monsieur Magpie!
Hope I am not to late for this birthday wishes!
I think you are one of the luckiest man on this planet to have such a loving wife and she is so lucky to have you too!
All the best on this very special day Mr Superman!5after reading the post, it is what you seem to be! WOW!)
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie. I am sure you know you have been given the greatest gift of all right? ......... Mrs. Magpie! :)
Sheia, my giveaway is over, please stop by when you have a chance :)
Well - I sure hope Mr. Magpie has a most wonderful birthday -- and lots of friends to help him eat all those cakes!
First I wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed reading your previous post. What a sweet birthday party you had for your friends little doll. I have a doll too and I don't know why I have never posted about her. You have inspired me :>)
What a lovely and heart felt tribute to your hubby ♥ It was wonderful.
Dear Mr. Magpie, I feel as though I know you through your wife our Mrs. Magpie. I hope you have a fabulous and blessed birthday. Charli is sending birthday hugs your way.
Happy, Happy Mr. Magpie! I hope your birthday celebration is fabulous. I can't imagine that it wouldn't be because Mrs. Magpie seems to be one of the best party planners in Blogville. I mean, look at all those cakes she has lined up waiting for your return.
Cute post, Sheila! ~ Sarah
Sheila-Happy birthday Mr. Magpie! I love that you love those things (following?)! I suppose one of the advantages of "maturity" is the we learn to value the really important attributes. There is a comfort that is truly priceless in that. My favorite is the frog looking out the window and the thought with it. I can tell you put a lot of thought into this post and I suspect this will be his favorite birthday present. I do believe behind every good man there is a woman who helps and allows him to be one. Of course, the cakes are making me want sugar for breakfast--beautiful! Hope Mr. Magpie flies home to you soon :)
Hi Dear One!! Oh, I'm so glad Mr. Magpie had a nice birthday.
You two enjoy your long weekend and we'll see you when you get back. Take your camera! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)
aww that was so great Sheila! I hope Mr. Magpie had the BEST birthday!!
Warmest birthday wishes to Mr. Magpie! What a wonderful way to share some of what makes him so terrific. Thank you as well for sharing the cakes, they each look as delicious as the next!
Sweet blessings!
Oh, Sheila, I tried to visit here after I read your comment on my blog that it was your husband's birthday but as is 'par for the course' lately, Blogger wouldn't open your blog for me!
I hope Mr. Magpie had a wonderful Birthday, and I hope you two have a wonderful reunion celebration together!
I can see that you have a very special relationship! May God continue to Bless you both with love and peace and happiness.
I loved this beautiful post!
Love to you,
Eileen
I'm sorry I'm a little late for your party Mr. Magpie, but I hope you had a very happy birthday and that you have many, many more. You are one lucky man to have Mrs. Magpie as your wife and mate, but I guess you know that by now.
Best wishes,
Sam
Sheila,
I have been missing my blogging friends and can assure you, YOU precious friend have not been far from my mind. Everytime I glance out my windows and see our Magpie friends...you come quickly to mind!!! LOL
Happy, happy birthday dear Mr Magpie. I hope this weekend finds you back together again for that much awaited sugar coma.:)
The cakes were really beautiful and the watering can fantastic.
I most of all loved just a few of the many ways you adore and love your precious Mr. Magpie. What a charming GOOD man he must be. He sounds SO MUCH like my own precious Mr B and their hands even resemble each others!
I am so glad they had great taste marrying us!;)
Enjoy a beautiful weekend! I will soon be back blogging:)
~♥
Happy Birthday Mister Magpie!
Shelia, like you I'm married to my best friend. I've no doubt the feeling is mutual with your hubs and all the wonderful words expressed. I hope you two enjoy a bit of celebrating with one or two of those delicious cakes.
I always appreciate your nice and encouraging comments. Blogging is still a challenge for me, you keep me motivated.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Dear Sheila, such a sweet, sweet post, and I am thrilled that you and Mr. Magpie celebrate life together. Please wish him a very Happy Birthday a little late for me. It sounds like you married your best friend and that is the way it should be. Someone once told me that you can find out a lot about a man by the way he treats his mother so again this just confirms he is a terrific guy. Have a beautiful weekend, dear friend~ Sending lots of love your way~ Vicki
Oh my goodness! I came across your blog randomly and have to stay! I love your prose and photos and most of all the way you display your heart and love for Mr. Magpie. I have a Beloved for 25 years now AND my birthday is also 27 May :)Thank you for sharing a smile with me.
Rebecca
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie...
I hope that you are still celebrating even though I'm a few days late :)
I believe every word that Sheila wrote about you....and wish you many many blessings for many more years to come!
This was positively sweet Mrs. Magpie
Love ya~
Chasity
Happy Birthday Mr. Magpie, I did not know you were Punkin's brother until I read all the things that make you so special and now I see you are my husbands twin. Oh How I also love you Mr. Magpie. Happy Happy Day, Mollye
Oh! Shelia, I have been out of town, and missed Mr Magpie's birthday, Please wish Him a very Happy but belated Birthday wish from me.
I so enjoyed reading all of the things you love about him, what a beautiful love story you have.May you both have many more fun filled days together and many more celebrations.
With much love,
Sue
Lovely! Happy Birthday to your Mr. Yummy cakes!!
Hugs, Lisa
Oh Sheila! This is so special/meaningful. But I will come clean and admit that in the most honorable and adoring fashion the Pinocchio shot made me giggle. Priceless. Hope you get to celebrate soon and belated Birthday wishes to Mr. Magpie! xo Sue
Hi Lovely Soul!! Just had to come back and tell you that I cried when I was reading your birthday tribute to Mr. Magpie!! It was so touching, and so very like you, dear one. :o)
I hope that you are having a DEEEE-LIGHTFUL weekend together, and a wonderful celebration!!
Big hugs and loads of love!
Becky
DEAR SHEILA,
WHAT A BEAUTIFUL POST. IT MADE ME CRY. TWO PEOPLE UNITED BY GOD TO LOVE, PROTECT, AND GUARD EACH OTHER...PURE UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. MAGPIE,
MAY THE YEARS TO COME FIND YOU WITH THE RENEWING OF MIND, BODY, AND SPIRIT. MAY YOUR BODY BE AS STRONG AS YOUR YOUTH AND YOU AND MRS. MAGPIE FIND YOUR GREATEST PRAYER COME TRUE.
SHELIA,
ONCE AGAIN....BEAUTIFUL POST.
LOVE, HUGS AND BLESSINGS
SIMPLY DEBBIE
Happy belated birthday Mr. Magpie. I'm of the opinion that belated birthday wishes are just as good as on time ones because it stretches the celebration out a bit longer. :-)
Nice post Sheila.
Sheila,
You are soooo sweet to do this for your hubby, but he must be the absolute best out there!!! WOW, what a nice birthday tribute...and how nice that you both are so in tuned with each other...a perfect post for a perfect man!!! :)) Happy Belated Birthday Mr. Magpie!!!!
Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. Magpie. What a wonderful tribute to him this is Sheila. Don't know how I missed this post of yours. It's birthday season here at my house--our three children have their birthdays within a three-week span, my youngest, and last on the calender too, has her birthday on our wedding anniversary. This year we've thrown in a law school graduation for good measure--so truly a season of celebration. I wish I had ALL of those glorious cakes in your pictures--we would definitely do them justice!
HI Sheila!
I'm sorry I missed Mr. Magpie's birthday date ( I've had very little computer time as I was traveling and with family) but I am still wishing him a happy birthday and a year ahead filled with many more blessings and celebrations! Your tribute to him is so lovely and heartfelt.
Hope you receive the cookbook soon... my husband sent it "book rate," which I didn't expect him to do.
I love all the cakes you photographed..my favorite is the fabulous watering can...wow!
xxoo Pat
And I love this post!!!
I am very, VERY late to the party but a happy belated birthday to Mr. Magpie!
Laura xo
Sweet Sheila,
You are so very lucky to have found the love of your life and he, you! I wish you all the very best in health and happiness and many many years together! Are all those birthday cakes previous ones for Mr. M?
Enjoy, my friend, he sounds like a keeper, and obviously you knew that from the moment you called him 'boyfriend'!
xoxo
Poppy
Post a Comment