Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Ode to Cecelia: The Birthday Princess (7/12/09)



On this your special day, my dear...




It's time to take a bow...




And wear a fancy birthday crown...




As only you know how...



For all the times you make us smile...



Or make us laugh with glee...



With silly things you say or do...



That tickle your Aunt She [some things that shall remain unsung in public! ;-)]...




I'd like for you to know how much...



You mean to all of us... (Cecelia with Mommy)




Who love you, dear, with all our hearts... (Cecelia with Daddy)




And who love to make a fuss...



About how sweet and dear you are...



To love your little friends...



Like Churchill Dog and Hattie Frog...



You're faithful to the end...




So dance and sing and run and hop...



And jump and skip and twirl...




And eat ice cream and birthday cake...




'Cause you're the birthday girl...




And make a wish, or two, or three...



And blow on candles bright...




And know we'd make your dreams come true...



And all your pathways right...





But when it comes to "Ps" and "Qs"...




Don't worry much today...



Old P and Q will still be there...



When the Twelfth has gone away...



Enjoy yourself, enjoy your day...




Enjoy this next year, too...




Because you're only seven once...




Hope seven's good to you!



Happy Birthday, Dear Cecelia, Happy Birthday to YOU!

To the Birthday Princess and Blog Star Extraordinaire...



I wish you the happiest birthday ever! I am so thrilled that you are born in this special month with so many of the people I love most... Granny (7-2), Daddy (7-11), Grandfather (7-13), David (7-22), Bob (7-22), and Uncle Bob (7-28) along with friends Lisa (7-4) and Winky (7-20). And you are the best birthday present I could ever have for my own birthday. Uncle Fred's too! :-)

So dance, Cecelia, and shine on!




Love you...

XO XO XO

Aunt She (Mrs. Magpie) :-)

61 comments:

Southern Lady said...

Oh, Sheila ...

What a sweet and touching birthday wish for a beautiful little girl. Best wishes to Princess Cecelia for the happiest birthday celebration ever.

I hope you take lots of pictures to share with us.

Eileen said...

This was beautiful and something for Cecelia to treasure lifelong!
Loved the poem! Loved the story it told!
Loved the pictures!
Happy Birthday, Cecelia (and to all the wonderful people who share in this day!)!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I love it ! Happy Birthday to the darling Cecelia, the pictures, the poem, the story you told; what a wonderful auntie you are! Thanks for sharing Sheila, she will cherish this forever! 7 is a wonderful age! Hugs, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Cecelia and a wonderful day to those who love you and will share it with you!
What a perfectly beautiful birthday tribute~~the poem, the photos and the sweet story!
Enjoy each moment of your day!!
Hugs,
Lynn♥

Anonymous said...

What a sweet poem for such a beautiful little princess!

SmilingSally said...

Does this post mean that it's YOUR birthday today too? If so HB! And a Happy Birthday to the pretty Cecelia.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Happy birthday to lovely Cecelia. I hope she is having the best 7th birthday ever. I look forward to hearing all about it. I love this post, it's a wonderful tribute to such a special little girl in your life.
Lindsay
x

gina said...

What great pictures. July is a great month to be born in. My b-day is this coming friday 7/17.
What a beautiful girl and I'm sure she had the best b-day ever.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Birthday Cecilia! Happy, Happy Birthday Darlin. May you have the best day ever and all of your dreams come true. What a wonderful tribute to your very beautiful daughter. She has a smile to light up the room, and it looks as though she is going to be a true ballerina. Have fun today. Country Hugs, Sherry

NicNacManiac said...

Happy Birthday to all of you!! Such a wonderful tribute to a charming young lady with so much joy to give!!
Have a wonderful day!!
Hugs, Nerina :)

xinex said...

What a very nice wish and tribute to the charming birthday girl! She is so precious. Happy Birthday, Cecelia!...Christine

Eileen said...

Sheila, I just had to come back and thank you for all your wonderful comments to me on both my blogs. Thank you! Sincerely, you helped me a lot, I liked very much what you said about God's Abundant Blessings and how He wants that for us, and also about giving to charity. And I didn't for one second think you were looking down on anyone.
And I agree about the Salvation Army, I have always had a soft spot for them as both my nephew and my daughter turned to them when they hit rock bottom. It was a safe haven for them until they felt they were ready to come home to their families and face the reality of life, so I wholeheartedly agree with you there too.

I decided to do a separate blog because I think some people might find that type of thing boring (although I avidly love home decorating, and especially do-it-yourself type projects, and I love coming here and to other similar blogs for inspiration on table settings, decorating, etc.). I don't post as much on that one, and a lot of times the two blogs are blended because a lot of my home projects are my life so I'm blogging about it on my 'real life' blog too.
I was thinking of using that blog to participate in some of the 'special day' posts, I think those are lots of fun!

Anyway, thank you so much for your encouraging thoughts, I appreciate it so much.
All the best,
Eileen

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

What fun photos and what a cutie!

akawest said...

Dear Cecelia, though we have not met you (hope to!!!), we can tell that you are extremely sweet, and special seven year old. Have a happy, happy birthday, and great year of being seven.
Hugs,
Lisa and Briana

P.S. July birthday are the best. :)

Lorrie said...

Sheila this is a lovely tribute to a sweet girl. I hope her day was fabulous!

{oc cottage} said...

How sweet! Isn't she just darling, too!!!

m ^..^

Sue said...

Happy Birthday to sweet Cecelia!!!!!
Hi Shelia,
This child was born for the camera! so photogenic and I just love the expression she has on on your header.She reminds me of one of our granddaughters, Katie, so funny! I so enjoyed this post.
I also enjoyed your story about your ironing experience, so funny I laughed and laughed, thank you for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Kathy said...

Hey there Sheila, I can just see you all beaming with pride and quite rightly so, Cecelia is adorable and your photographs are nothing short of stunning. Many, many happy returns of the day to Cecelia and also to you my friend (if I have read this correctly?). May you both have the happiest of happy days ever. big hugs, Kathy.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Sheilaness, Cecelia is the most precious little thing! I just think she is one gorgeous little girl! I see her 'creative' side! LOL I know she inherited this from you! You know how I love that! :) Your such a dear to write this rhyming tribute to the little darling! Happy Birthday to Cecelia!
Now you had better tell Cecelia's Mommy, when she turns 13 she had better get a shotgun and lock the doors ~ she's gonna be a heart throb!
No, I do wish my middle name was Elizabeth, that's so pretty! But I was named after an elderly aunt with an olden name that's not too pretty! I hated my middle name as a child! She was my favorite aunt and I loved her dearly, but that name! It was too olden to put on a little girl!
Yes, I did know our tiny names are from Cecelia! We can be Irish! Now in Australia, Shelia is the name they call their tiny sheep! BAAA!!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Darlene said...

Oh Miss Cecelia I wish you the BEST birthday ever! Hope it is a GREAT one! You are definitely a cutie pie!!!

Brenda Pruitt said...

Tears! I'm batting back tears over this adorable bright-eyed girl! Happy Birthday, sweetness! I think this one's destined for Hollywood. She just has that star quality to her. The words were perfection. Kudos to you for this gift to her.
Brenda

Shaam said...

Wow that is so many July birthdays! We have a quite a few in our family too! Those pictures are just the cutest! I bet she's had the best birthday with you!

All the best,
Allison

Beth at Aunties said...

Sheila,

What a beautiful birthday tribute and wish for precious Cecelia. I am sure she will cherish the poem for many years to come and how lucky she is to have you both to bless her life with your love.
We now have three seven year old granddaughters and they are such a delight at this fun age.

Happy, Happy birthday Princess Cecelia! You looked so adorable in your dance costume!


Love, Beth~♥

Simply Debbie said...

I CAME AS RUNNING AS FAST AS I COULD
I DIDN'T EVEN TAKE TIME TO PUT ON MY PARTY HAT AS EVERY GIRL SHOULD
I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE THE DANCING GIRL
WHO HAD BEAUTIFUL BROWN HAIR AND JUST THE SLIGHTEST CURL
WHAT A PRETTY PRINCESS WHO PLAYED MANY ROLES
THE FAVORITE A BALLERINA, WHO MANY HEARTS YOU STOLE
CECELIA DEAR, I AM NOT A POET AS YOU CAN PLAINLY SEE
BUT YOUR AUNT SHE IS VERY SPECIAL TO ME
I WAS TOLD IT WAS THE BIG "7" DAY
SO HERE I AM TO HOLLER OUT(because I can't sing)...HEY HEY HEY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CECELIA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.......
NOW WHERE'S THE CAKE...
YOU DIDN'T THINK I WOULD COME FOR JUST A BIRTHDAY.....
OH NO! I AM A CAKE LOVER.....YUMMY...YUMMY
YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL, TALENTED GIRL, CECELIA, AND SO BLESSED TO HAVE SO MANY BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE TO LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE A BLESSING TO THEM.
I WISH YOU THE HAPPIEST SEVENTH BIRTHDAY EVER......
WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS ABOUT YOUR AGE AND THEY CHANGED THE DATE OF HER DANCE RECITAL PICTURES, BEING A NURSE I WAS AT WORK, AND HER DADDY HAD TO TAKE HER AND SET WITH ALL THE OTHER MOTHERS AND POKE PINK FEATHERS INTO HER TUTU....DON'T KID YOURSELF, HER DADDY LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT
HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET PRINCESS

DEAR SHEILA,
CECELIA IS BEAUTIFUL. THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING ME TO BE A PART OF HER BIRTHDAY. OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE LEADERS OF THIS COUNTRY...I AM AFRAID WE HAVEN'T LEFT OUR COUNTRY IN A VERY GOOD STATE FOR THEM.
ANGEL HUGS
debbie

Terry said...

Howdy Sheila
This was oh so sweet .
A lovely birthday story for a pretty birthday princess.
What a wonderful reason to celebrate July :)
Thank you for sharing all the precious photos they are just so wonderful.
Blessings to you too !
I have an award for you over at my place if you get a chance drop by.
Happy Trails
Hugs

Maria Berg said...

I am out between the rain drops, camping in a tent, and now I got inside and Have a computer.

Mr Crab, had it fun with all the sea stars and blue whale, like my Mr Blue.

I have you got my mail and hope you like it when you open it.

She looks so full of life and it is wonderful to take photo of a child that sweet.
Don't worry much today... - really like that photo,
Send my love to Cecila,
MB

Blondie's Journal said...

What a wonderful tribute to the love of your life (after Mr. Magpie, of course!!) And that girl cannot take a bad picture. She never stops moving or posing and she is so darn animated!! Love her.

Happy birthday to our favorite blog girl, Miss Cecelia and to all your other loved ones this month. The 8th would have been my mom's 80th. She would have been just as perky and pretty and wonderful as she was eight years ago.

Love ya!!

xoxo
Jane (with contact lenses falling out of her eyes!!)

Anonymous said...

Oh I've been seeing her in your posts, sidebar, and once in a while in the header :-) She is such a sweetie. And with the stories you've been sharing, there is no doubt that she brightens your day.

A darling in every single photo. I hope what her wee little heart wishes for comes true! AS much as she is a blessing to the people who loves her - she is also truly blessed to have so much love surrounding her.

Belated Happy Birthday Cecilia - from a dear bloggy halfway across the oceans.

Mizpah,
Li

(oh and Sheila, if only I can agree with you 100% of what my country is. But sad to say, it's not all that. That peaceful sea side? It has been threatened once and the word "peaceful" is no way near it at that time. Still, I am thankful that it has passed and that what was feared at that time didn't came to actuality.

Also, I don't think what you've said is crazy at all. :-)I too believe on such a day.It's nice to have something to look forward to. Something beautifully prepared for us and that place is the true "Home Sweet Home" :-) )

Blondie's Journal said...

P.S.

Left comment on Ice Cream Social post...late, as always...

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Cecelia is a charmer. I love all the photos of her in the white dress. Happy birthday Cecelia.

Anonymous said...

How sweet!

I hope she has a wonderful birthday. :)

claudie said...

Happy happy Birthday Cecelia
You know I adore this little princess.
I LOVE birthday's, even if it's mine.
One little bird doing well today. Opens his mouth to receive food from us. Thanks for the good thoughts.
Love to you
Love Claudie
xoxoxox

Judi said...

Happy Birthday to Cecilia
I've enjoyed looking at her pictures on your blog. She is beautiful and I can see the very special place she holds in both your life and your heart. Are they not very special....

She has such cute expressions....and I love her costumes too...

I hope she had just the bestest Birthday...ever!!
have a lovely day
Judi

the wild raspberry said...

I hope she had a magical day!
We were celebrating Shauna's little fella's 1st birthday and Debbie's hubbies yesterday. What a busy day!

I love the pics of your sweetie in the white dress...they are wonderful.

Have a fantastical day.
Chasity

April said...

Oh, Sheila!
That got me right in the ol' ticker! Such a beautiful tribute to a sweet little girl! There is definitely lots of love going around! Hope she had the happiest birthday she could ever wish for!

Bill said...

I loved seeing all the amazing photographs of your beautiful Cecelia! As others have said, she's so photogenic and a complete natural in front of the camera.

Thank you for all the kind comments you've left for me. Hope your week goes well.

Bill

Simple Man Makin It Do said...

What a lovely girl, so sweet of you to do such a heart felt story of your love for her! Happy Birthday to you both! So so Sweet!

Anonymous said...

Awwwww. That was a beautiful birthday wish for a beautiful young lady! Happy birthday to Cecilia!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

That picture....in the banner...what a hoot!! Love it - happy birthday wishes we send down to her!!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Sheila! I love how you pour yourself into your blog posts! This one is absolutely perfect for princess Cecelia!! Have you done any serious writing? You could you know!

Thanks for missing me, Gal. Right back atcha!!
The next time I'm up your way, I would love to meet up with you and chat over some lunch!! You are such a dear!

May your week be full of good things!!
Love ya,
Becky

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

Oh Sheila, I missed you also. I am still so busy but had to put the news out that I found my Knight In Shining Armor. I am so happy. I do hope that you are well and please wish your princess a happy birthday for me, will you?

Mim said...

Aw Sheila such a nice tribute to this little princess....THat is frightening about the tornado and trees falling.Glad you are all same and sound.
So your mother in law is having a special celebration birthday coming up.. how fun.
Thanks for stopping by.
I've been enjoying your posts.

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy birthday Cecelia! Aunt She made you such a wonderful blog post and I had fun reading it and seeing all your delightful pictures.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sheila! I hope you both had a very happy celebration!

Hugs, Pat

Anonymous said...

Lotto is good and only a few days away. Let's share. I'll share my paper if you'll share your lotto. :-)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Good Morning Sheiola,
It was quite the day yesterday in the 120 degree heat with no air in my truck out hunting, but I prayed really hard before I went into the last close store. When I packaged the rinse and then went to the post office. Much to my surprise they said Enid did not have over night delivery. There is only one truck out of Oklahoma City now, and no overnight. It cost me $39.00 to two day it to Amy and it will not arrive until Wednesday. I was so disappointed. The lady at the post office said there was a chance it might make it on that truck and arrive today, but only a slim chance. I told her this box is angel kissed, it will be on that truck, so we shall see. I just continue to pray and know that God is on her side and he is watching over her. Thanks for being such a wonderful friend to Debbie. I sure do love you for it. She needs so many prayers herself right now, and is only asking for Amy prayers. Today she sees a specialist in Oklahoma City. We pray for good results. Debbie and I are praying that once he sees her, he will go ahead and do the test immediately, but we don't know as of yet what the outcome will be. Amy is in so much pain right now she can just hardly go. She is very weak. Country Hugs, Sherry

Rhondi said...

Hi Sheila
What a lovely tribute to a precious little girl.
Rhondi xo

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, gorgeous! The pictures, the poem, and the sweet Cecilia! Happy Birthday, albeit a few days late!!

jeanne said...

Hello Sheila, thank you so much for your ever faithful comments. I am trying hard to catch up with all my dear blogging friends. I love to read your comments and I have missed visiting you my friend.

Cecelia is the most adorable little 7 year old ever. Happy, happy birthday Cecelia. I love her many expressions and wonderful sense of drama. She just makes me smile as I enjoy each photo. Sheila, your post is a wonderful tribute to the sweetest prettiest little girl.

Have a wonderful day today.

Hugs and love, Jeanne

LADY JANE said...

Oh...AUNT SHE...HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALL...especially the Princess Cecelia! With YOU for an AUNTIE...how could she not DANCE?

Rue said...

Happy Birthday Cecelia!!

That was so sweet Sheila! Good morning to you sweet friend :)

Thank you for all the sweet things you wrote to me. I missed you too!

Love to you too,
rue

Unknown said...

Oh what a precious and beautiful young lady. She's so lucky to have you in her life. And she is so photogenic too! I hope this is the beginning of the grandes year of her life to date.
Happy Twirls

Susan said...

What a sweet little girl - LOVE all the dresses/costumes (my girls have that multi-colored Hanna Andersson ... so cute!). Happy, happy birthday to Cecelia - quite the princess, indeed!

niartist said...

Sheila, what a beautiful post of warm birthday wishes! She's a true princess, I'll bet! :) Thanks for coming over to Color Outside the Lines and viewing the Garden Walk. It was a LONG day, and I'm just now getting caught up with rest. I posted pictures of our backyard this morning - hope you can view when you get the time! :)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

What a great post my friend...HAPPY BIRTHDAY CECELIA...how special of you to do this this Ms. Magpie ha ha!! Hope you have a great week Shelia...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Anonymous said...

What a sweetheart! You have done such a lovely tribute to the princess with the sweet smile and dancing eyes! I am still looking forward to our get together Sheila; just as soon as we can cross paths..

XOSue

Donna said...

Happy Birthday to Sweet Cecelia! She's a lovely girl.

Your tribute to her is wonderful!

Hugs,
Donna

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank all of you SO much for your sweet birthday wishes for Cecelia! We were reading this post again tonight, and she was SO excited. So thanks, friends, for helping to make not only my day, but hers as well. She had a WONDERFUL birthday, and your good wishes just made it all the more perfect.

Love to each and all of you...

XO,

Sheila & Cecelia! :-) :-)

Neabear said...

Sorry I am late visting, but wanted to pass on my birthday wishes to your princess too! Happy Birthday!! Hope it was a wonderful day!

Thanks Sheila for visiting me again. I don't know why blogger gave you problems. I am glad you came back though.

Happy Day!

Daisy Cottage said...

she's soooooo sweet!
AND beautiful too!
What a special tribute Sheila!


xo,
Kim

Barbara said...

Dear Shelia, What a darlin young lady Cecelia is. Sending her all the best Birthday Wishes. She will remember her day all her life and what wonderful memories to have.
You are such a special lady.

Purple Hugs,
Barbara

sunnymama said...

Definitely a princess! What a lovely post :)