
Happy Fourth of July to everyone! Today is a day for celebrating freedom, and I'm so thankful for our liberties, every single one! :-)
And today is also a day for celebrating my fun and very witty friend Lisa's birthday (of the blog AKA West). Check out her cute pink header (below). So, Lisa, this is a shout-out to you: HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am thrilled you are in Florida, and I look forward to celebrating your birthday with you very soon! By the time you read this, I hope the workmen will have come and GONE! :-)

Furthermore today is another lovely Pink Saturday at my friend Beverly's blog, How Sweet The Sound, and today is the day when everyone who has something wonderful and pink gets together to share it with each other.
One of the friends I met on this event is Laura Ingalls Gunn, a very lovely Pinkie whose blog, Decor to Adore, I so enjoy. Matter of fact, I was the very fortunate recipient of a blog drawing she had, and OH, what loveliness appeared in this package from Laura...
It was so full of goodies that the bunny pulling the treasure cart had to sit down and rest his aching feet...
While his little assistants were hopping up and down with anticipation, just like I was...
"Hold on there, Flopsy with your pink bow, no pushing!"
So Flopsy joined the others in opening the lid. It took all three of them tugging with all their might...
But the lid opened to reveal a card from Laura on top of a mountain of gaily wrapped (in pink, of course) packages containing all sorts of treasures...
Including some wonderful ephemera (a term with which I became familiar here on Pink Saturday) such as a pink bubble filled with little flowers, buttons, tokens, and all sorts of "shiny objects" of the t-tiny variety for craft projects...
And then there were all of these other very shiny magpie goodies: a fairy queen, a tiny blue ballerina, a sweet little heart, cute little tags, some wonderful PINK ribbon among other pretty colors, some veeeeeeeery special glue, and a crown ticket to all sorts of crafting fun...
The next thing I opened was this lovely wallet, and I could not believe the detail on this piece with its vintage bark cloth, satin ribbons, and brocade...
And yes, your eyes are not deceiving you -- that is THE most beautiful cameo pin! Her face is just lovely as can be (Laura, didn't know this, but I'm quite a cameo fan!)...
And would you look at the beautiful interior! I love the pink satin compartments along with the brocades, the lace, and the border of pink ribbons. I can't imagine a piece I'd like more since two of my favorite colors are pink and blue...
But wait! As if that weren't enough, THEN there was this lovely pink and blue candle! See the tiny button on the top with the ribbons, and the candle has something that looks like an antique postcard surrounding the glass featuring a little house and a verse with PINK flowers. OH, it's so pretty, and I have the perfect place for it...
"No, Flopsy, we're not going to light it yet, so get that idea of looking for a lighter out of your fuzzy little head...
And come help your brothers carry it into the library for me!"...
In the mean time, I'm going to give you Pinkies a better look at this lovely wallet (which I have been using as a travel case for my jewelry)...
Again, I love the ribbons and fabric as well as this beautiful cameo pin...
Let's un-pin the cameo and look at it against the blue brocade inside. She's lovely, isn't she...

As you can see, I've already tucked some of my jewelry into the pockets...

This case is just perfect for traveling (I pin each of the compartments shut to keep my pieces from falling out into my suitcase and then pin the cameo shut as well)...
And just look how pretty our girl is against the pink satin...
A very lovely lady, indeed...
And the pink satin is a nice background for this little bar pin that was a gift from my dear MIL...
I think they make a sweet pair of friends...
Now, let's return our lovely lady to her specified place...

And see what we can fit in the various pockets (I always remember to pin the pieces in the pockets and get creative... that bar pin does double duty for me)...
I love the colors of this turquoise ensemble...
When it's resting against the peachy pink satin...
I spy two other necklaces including a French Huguenot cross...
If you look closely at the cross, you can see tiny fleur-de-lis connecting each of the points and a dove (the Holy Spirit) descending...
And don't tell the jewelry police, but I forgot and left my real pearls in the bank box(I believe in safety deposit boxes!) when I was traveling and had to buy some faux ones for something I was attending. I'm a pearl girl, for sure. Can you tell me... is it real or is it Memorex??? ;-)
And now closed with its beautiful cameo pin showing...
Thank you, Laura, for this incredible gift that will always remind me of you. I'm so glad I met you on my very first Pink Saturday and have gotten to know you through your lovely blog because YOU, my friend, are the true jewel and shine so brightly! :-)
And speaking of shining, I love this candle and found the perfect place for it next to some of my favorite people, Cecelia and Addie having tea and my grandmother (with a palmetto fan) and her siblings posing in her mother's garden...
Laura, I will always think of you when I see it...
And I will think of the light of your friendship when it's lit...
And say a warm thank you from my heart to yours. Thank you not only for all of these lovely gifts, but thanks especially for your friendship! :-)
For those of you who haven't met Laura, you will certainly want to do so by visiting her blog, Decor to Adore by clicking here. The link will take you to her giveaway post (where you can find out the origins of all of her giveaway loot in case you want something similar) and will let you know how tardy my thank-you is! ;-) You might want to note, in addition to being an absolute sweetheart, Laura is an award-winning designer and has been featured on HGTV!
Thank you all so much for visiting me today on Pink Saturday, and I look forward to visiting with you at your blogs, too. Can't wait to see what everyone has to share today! And for more pinkness, please visit our lovely hostess Beverly and her friends at How Sweet the Sound. You can get there by clicking here. Now, I'm off to visit YOU...
Happy July Fourth-Lisa's Birthday-Pink Saturday!
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) :-)
P.S. Minus the cameo, the jewelry in the photos was not part of the giveaway, but rather was my family's giveaway to me! ;-)




99 comments:
What an absolutely lovely gift! That cameo is beautiful! I know you'll truly enjoy using that pretty and practical case!
happy 4th...enjoy!
;-D
happy independence day to you sheila!
hope you have a lovely weekend.
lovin all your goodies and winnings~that candle looks so pretty lit.
xoxo
chasity
Hi Shelia,
Love the cameo!
Hope you have a wonderful 4th!
Just blog hopping tonight and enjoyed your blog. Great post....always enjoy my visits here.
Have a Happy 4th!
Hey Sheila! What neat presents - I will definitely visit her blog. :)
Hope you have a great 4th! xoxo
Oh my, Sheila! Laura sent the most amazing gifts! Loved all your bunny helpers & your superb post. Have a happy 4th! ☺ Diane
Shelia,
It was simply an exquisite gift with so much talent and thought put into it! I enjoyed your fun narative with all your little friends.:)
Happy, Happy Birthday to Lisa:-)!
Enjoy a a fun, safe and cracklin Independence Day! (Aren't we very blessed?)
~♥Beth
Happy Fourth of July Sheila! Oh what a fun package you received. I recognized Laura's name, but I was thinking she had a blog with the name..."Apple Pie" in it...I will have to check out the link! What a special package of treasures and such a mood lifter! Hope all is well, and I am thinking of you today!!!
The are beautiful. They all are and of course that purse. She really is one talented lady. I guess, after seeing all these, those bunnies are ok with the pulling and carrying :-)
And what you said of the candle and how it'll remember you of her is beautifully said.
Happy Pink Saturday Sheila!
How cute and awesome and pretty! Lucky you! I am also a huge cameo lover!
All the best,
Allison
Hi Sheila
Happy 4th July. Hope you have a great day.
I love gorgeous goodies especially the cameo.
Going over to wish Lisa Happy Birthday.
Best Wishes
Lindsay
x
Congrats Sheila!
What a lovely give-away and what a wonderful story you shared with us! Oh, I love your necklaces too and that darling little girl on your blog header! I don't know for sure if she is your daughter or granddaughter but she is adorable! That little purse Laura sent is just the best! Happy, Happy, 4th, Cindy
Oh my!
Sheila, I am salivating at all of your wonderful gifts! You are so deserving of them my friend! Looks like you have a lot of fun little helpers too!
Loved your post today! Hope you have a fun filled 4th!
((Hugs to you))
Kymber
Oh...my Dear Magpie....LUCKY you! I love your winnings! The fabric of your little bag/case is divine ( hide it from me good) and oh...the cameo is the PERFECT touch!
Stop over to my bloggie ( bring Annie too)as we have a PINK CONFIRMATION! Blessings to you and yours this RWB and PINK Saturday!
What a wonderful gift. The purse and cameo are so beautiful.
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July!!
You are to be congratulated on this outstanding win. I love that cameo! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink 4th of July Saturday.
What a gorgeous, gorgeous post! That bag is beautiful, and I love the music. Totally enchanting. Your ending is Perfect with that lovely lit candle. You light up The Land of Blog with all of your creativity.
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July.
That is just a beautiful gift you received. I agree, the cameo is lovely! The wallet found a wonderful purpose holding your jewelry. I hope you enjoy it for years to come.
Happy 4th.
take care,
Dawn
wow Shelia, what a beauty.Happy July 4th and Pink Sat.
Sheila, those gifts are beautiful and I can see you are really enjoying them! I am coveting the wallet especially and most especially the cameo (I have a thing for cameos too!).
Very nice post!
Loved the little romper for 4th of July! So sweet!
Happy Independence Day!
~ Eileen
Happy Independence Day Sheila!
Darling post. So many nice winnings. It is such a special treat to have your name drawn for something, and then for it to arrive. How special. Please pop over and say "hi", I would love to have you. Please sign up to be a follower so that I can follow your blog. So beautiful.
Country Hugs, Sherry
Hi Sheila,
What gorgeous pinks! Love the wallet and that cameo! Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink 4th of July to you and yours.
Blessings,
Sandi
Wow, what a beautiful gift!!! Really enjoyed your post! Have a fab PiNk 4th of July! :) Marsha
Hello Ms. Sheila,
Thank you so much for your visit today. I enjoyed your post today. Sooo cute with the bears. What yummy goodies you received. I especially love that wallet and the cameo.
Wishing you and yours a safe and happy 4th! .•*˙˙*•.HaPPy PiNk SaTuRdaY!.•*˙˙*•.
Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
The Artful Paper Doll
What a charming post! I find your lively and warm writing delightfully entertaining, just makes me want to read on and on ... and of course the photos are just lovely!
Happy 4th of July to you!
what a delightful gift... you are blessed.
Very fun blog with alot of work put into it.
happiest of 4th darlin
TTFN~~Claudia ♥
My, you have been truly blessed with all those neat gifts. You have so many neat things on your post. Really enjoyable. Thanks for having time to visit my post. Visits are welcomed.
What a fabulous gift. That wallet is to die for! Happy 4th of July and Happy Pink Saturday!
Judy
Pretty gifts. Wow. Beuitful post.
Have a great weekend Sheila.
Regina
What a beautiful gift! That bag is beautiful! I also love cameos and that one is so pretty!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Each frame was prettier than the one that came before it :-). This is a charming post. Thank you for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful holiday. Blessings...Mary
What an absolutely lovely gift!
Happy Birthday to Lisa!!!
Happy Pink Saturday .
Everything Laura gave you is soooo lovely! I loved the creative way you did this post. The music in the background is a favorite piece of mine that my girls danced to every year in their ballet recital, a nice little walk down memory lane for me! Happy 4th!
Beautiful!!
Happy 4th:) and pink Saturday!!
Have blessed weeknd..stop by for a stroll at Balboa Island...
smiles,
kayellen
goodies galore, yippee, i know you are having a super pink saturday.
HAPPY PINK SATURDAY AND HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY, SHEILA,
What a creative, beautiful, adorable post with those bunny helpers...so very sweet.
That billfold/jewelry case is just gorgeous and to come with a cameo pin.
Your turquoise necklace was quite stunning and very unique...I love different things like that in addition to pearls....I love...love pearls.
I am having my 100th post give away...be sure and stop by.
Angel hugs
debbie
What a great plethora of presents! Wow! I also love the little sailor suit in the window, adorable! Happy 4th to you and Pink Saturday! Suzie
Lovely! Beautiful goodies. Happy Pink 4th of July!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!
What a lovely giveaway gift! I love your idea of a treasure cart! What fun! I know you will enjoy all your goodies. By the photo in your banner is adorable! Happy Pink Saturday!
Oh my gosh....so many wonderful things to look at!! I love....ADORE that clutch purse!! So creative...lucky you!!!
Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Pink Saturday!
What a lucky girl you are - oh, so beautiful things!
What an absolutely lovely gift!just beautiful post!
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy Fourth to you.
xoxo
Oh my goodness, what a very lucky girl you are. So many beautiful gifts and so lovely too. The glow on the candle is beautiful. I love it all. Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th of July, char
Happy 4th of July and Pink Saturday to you, too!
Those bunnies are adorable.
That jewelry pouch is exquisite! What a beautiful gift. I love the cameo, too! You are one lucky lady.
Thanks for visiting my blog earlier today! I enjoyed your comment. So, your sister tats? Do you happen to have any of her work? It would be neat to see it!:)
What a fun post - love the jewellery.
Happy Pink Saturday and Happy 4th July (being from the UK, I hadn't realised it was Independence Day...).
Oh me, oh my - what a pretty giveaway you received! I love the little purse, and the candle is o pretty! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me today! Happy 4th of July - and PINK hugs!
Patti
Beautiful, gorgeous Cameo.The bunnies are so cute.Happy Independence Day, and Pink Sat.
Tracy
Just sitting here thinking of my wonderful blogging friends that I am missing. Pop! there you are saying hello to me on this busy Fourth of July!
I cannot think of anyone more deserving of such lovely gifts, than you Mrs. Magpie. I felt like I was there opening all your goodies. Your jewels look gorgeous.
Thank you for the July 1st wishes. We are having terrible, terrible weather. It's rained every single day for the past week. i feel like I'm back in Vancouver! One thing, my flowers are still blooming. I actually danced in the rain again and dug into the dirt while I got soaked.
Again, happy 4th my dear friend. I wish I could light a beautiful sparkler so you can see how much I love you.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxxo
P.S. WHAT? you changed your "choose an identity"??
It's harder for me to comment now : (
I was grinning from ear to ear! It was such a darling and whimsical post. I adore the barkcloth bag and the candle is so pretty. Be sure that the bunnies stay away from the lighter!
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*´¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ Happy Pink Saturday
Deanna :D
Hi Sheila,
Thank you for you visit to my blog..
I have just enjoyed your latest post, and it was so delightful looking at all the pics of your new gifts...esp the brooch bag, so lovely you lucky girl!...xx
HI Sheila...glad you are having a great 4th relaxing! Your jewelry case is fantastic!..Laura is a sweetie...enjoy your gift.
Lucky lady....gorgeous goodies!! Thank you for taking us on the journey with you.....I felt the excitement from here!!
Love your blog!
Have a fab Pink 4th of July!!
Hugs, Nerina :)
Great post! Love the cameo! What a nice gift! It's sooooooo beautiful!
Thanks for always stopping by to check in on me. It really means a lot! You're such a precious and geniune friend!
Happy 4th to you!
Oh the gifts are so thoughtful and pretty. I love the brooch so much. Happy Pink Saturday.
Sheila, What a lovely gift and post! I have a pink horse and you have "pushy" rabbits :) The wallet is exquisite! Hope your 4th was a good one!
What a lovely package of goodies and such helpful fuzzies to carry your load.
Blessings,
Candy
Shelia,
Love all your pinkies...Love the cameo...so beautiful! Happy 4th of July to YOU too! Have a wonderful weekends...Thanks for stopping by the other day...Smiles and Hugs..Katherinellen
Absolutely love the wallet. It's so creative and gorgeous! Also the turquoise set is stunning!
Hi Shelia, I 'm just stopping by to say Hi and hope your 4th was really a great one, and to say that you always have some of the most beautifu
l treasures to show and share with us, I always enjoy peeking into your chest filled with all of these goodies. Blessings,
Sue
Hi Dear Sheilaness! Oh, congratulations on winning the lovely gifts! I adore that gorgoues wallet and I love how you're using it for your jewelry! The candle is very pretty too! Now your little assistants are just the cutest and fuzziest little ole things! I hope you got them under control!
Be a sweetie and hope you've had a wonderful 4th!
be a sweetie,
shelia :0
What a wonderful post. So full of pretties. I especially love the wallet, and the candle.
Those bunnies are certainly cute the way they got after that package.
blessings and thanks for coming by.
barbara jean
Happy Pink 4th of July Saturday, Sheila! What a wonderful and lovely present! Very nice tribute to your lovely friend!
Thanks for sharing!
Hope you and your loved ones had a wonderful and safe 4th!
Tina
What a darling blog, I love the Cameo, I collect them, so I love seeing new ones. And I love the sweet little faces too. Have a great wkend.
marian elizabeth
What lovely eye candy you have shared with us in this post. I love the giveaway goodies!!
Happy PINK Saturday & Happy Independence Day!!
Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents
Oh wow! What a whole bunch of goodies. I especially love the turquiose jewelry. So lucky of you to win them and congrats! I hope you enjoyed your 4th of July, Sheila!...Christine
You are the sweetest woman in the entire world. What a wonderful surprise! Thank you for making my birthday even more special than my mother did by giving birth on such a fun day. Blame that weird sentence on sleep deprivation...totally out of it today.
Happy Pink Saturday a little day - but this weekend was soo busy:)
What a great gift, everything was beautiful and I love how the bunnies were fighting - cute.
Thanks for visiting and leaving such a sweet comment. Please come back again!
Enjoy your day!
Leann
What a wonderful gift! Don't you just love it when the post man comes and brings something besides bills?
Brenda
Sheila what a lovely post!! I just love your darling wallet. It is so sweet. Thanks for your kind comments on my little punkin!
Warmly, Debbie
Happy Pink Saturday, Shelia. I hope you're enjoying the holiday weekend.
Your giveaway gifts are wonderful. I love cameos, too. And pearls. And diamonds. And, onyx. And jade. And coral... ;-)
What beautifukl gifts...lovely post! :)
Happy 4th of July and happy Pink Saturday!
Mary :)
What gorgeous gifts!!! That cameo case is just perfect for your jewelry. I know you are going to treasure it! Hope you had a wonderful weekend.♥
Happy PINK to you and Happy 4th too! Thanks so much for dropping by...it's always so nice to read your comments. :0) What lovely gifts! And that wallet/jewelry case is divine, isn't it..such beautiful workmanship.
Drop by anytime,
Stephanie
Wow, it was just like Christmas! How fun for you! Love the wallet. Hope your weekend was great from beginning to end! A belated Pink Saturday!
Thanks Sheila (my Scotish friend)
for such a wonderful comment. So what is your Scotish Clans name?
I wonder if our ancestors knew each other? I have emailed a few people who have left comments on a geneology site under my familys name requesting the same info as me and they have replied to me very exciting!
P.s I liked you before and now I like you even more. see you Las
beautiful post! the cameo is fantastic, indeed!
I hope you had a great holiday. Thanks for picking up the Honest Scrap. I know people are afraid to reveal too much, but we do want to know our friends better.
The gifts are really great. Love the cameo and the candle and the lovely pouches. The bunnies are cute and your own jewelry is beautiful.
Hi Sheila, I'm glad you had a nice July 4th. I am late visiting this post and I have to say I just love the wallet--it's a work of art really. As always, you've spun a wonderful tale telling us about it all. Hope your week goes well dear.
Morning to you girl....hope you had a glorious 4th....and congrats on such a precious giveaway..Laura did an amazing job on that little wallet..love the colors and the cameo..your treasures looked so pretty in there! Thanks for coming by girl..you are always such a treasure to me! Have a great week dear one!~♥~
Hi Sheila! What beautiful goodies! And it looks like Laura chose the perfect person to receive them! I hope you had a wonderful 4th! have a great week!...hugs...Debbie
Good afternoon Sheila, I hope you and Mr. Magpie had a wonderful holiday. What fun to meet a fellow blogger :>) Your treasures are all very lovely. Your little assistants did a beautiful job helping with your post.
Hello dear Sheila, yes I am home once again. Hooray. Thank you for your faithful comments. I appreciate them so much.
Your post is so cute and lucky you to win such lovely gifts. It is all so pretty. I love the wallet or purse with the beautiful cameo pin. A real treasure. The detail is so well done and your treasured jewelery compliments it perfectly. The candle is lovely as well.
This week is grand kids week and I am having a time fitting in some visits. Constant chaos is a given.
I am glad you had a great 4th and I hope your workmen are finished.
See you again soon, 'I hope'
Love...Jeanne
What a lovely gift and a lovely post to share with all of us. Blogging is such a wonderful way to make new friends we never would have known.
P.S. I love cameos also!
Beautiful! Thank you for sharing EVERYTHNG!!
Dear Sheila,
Greetings from sultry Florida. Mr. Decor has taken the family on a much needed vacation.
I don't think I have EVER had such an adorable thank you. Too cute.
I am so very happy that you are enjoying your sweet treasures.
Be blessed my sweet friend.
Hello Sheila, what a truly beautiful gift from Laura, the wallet and cameo are stunning and perfect for your jewels, enjoy, hugs, Kathy.
Shelia,
Happy Pink and Happy 4th...Beautiful pink posts...Beautiful gifts you got...Love the cameo...It's beautiful.Thanks for stopping by...Glad ya'll had relief too...I kinda hot tonight...It's warm up again..Uhhh! I need a swimming pool. :D Or go see you on the beach...lol. It's would be great...We are still talking about goin to Orange Beach in August. Have a wonderful week...Smiles and Hugs Katherinellen
Hello Sheila
So sorry that I'm tardy in visiting you again ... my weekend just flew by! Hope you had a Happy Independence Day!
You are so lucky to have won such a wonderful give away gift! I have never visited Laura's blog and it sounds so wonderful I'll visit her next. Thanks so much!
That little boy's outfit with the embroidered flags was so darling --I wish I saw that before the fourth as I would have looked for one for my grandson...although he spent his weekend in a bathing suit swimming and picnicking along with his parents and other set of grandparents.
We spent our weekend in Coney Island as you could see from my blog post ...it was fun! I felt like a child again :-)
What a wonderful gift. So beautiful and thoughtful. Sheila, thank you so much for your sweet comment today. It really means a lot.
Hi Sheila,
Beautiful post! I liked the Huguenot cross a lot (maybe partly because I recently learned that many of my immigrant ancestor were French Huguenots).
I have to see if I can round up a few pink things and play too sometime!
Thanks for the thoughtful comment on my blog -- glad you liked the Delta Dawn post!
Hope your day goes well.
Bill
This is a great post for Pink Saturday Shelia! You received some lovely treasures from Laura, a wonderful and talented person I have been following since my very early days of blogging. I especially like the wallet/jewelry holder. I could use something like that. I like the candle also and it looks beautiful beside your photo's.
I have tried to email you but it doesn't seem to have gone through. Try going to the website where you get your emails and send it to blndy9@yahoo.com
Hope you & Mr. Magpie had a wonderful 4th!! :-)
xoxo
Jane
What a nice gift. Happy July 4th to you. Thanks for visiting my blog and your nice comment,
I am a fan of Decor to Adore too!
;)
I hope you had a great holiday and enjoy the FL weather for me!
With love,
Alyssabeth
It is always fun to get gifts from friends - I feel happy for/with you.
I have 3 dotters (3, 6 and almost 9 years old) and two of them are playing football - I do not know If the got a lot of monye at the yard sale.
/MB
A very delayed Happy Pink Saturday to you too... I have been without internet connection since Saturday - a very difficult experience for us bloggers! Thanks for leaving a sweet comment on my blog.
Have a wonderful week!
Greetings from Spain
How generous Laura is! What a fun, fun package. That case is wonderful, no matter what you use it for.
What delightful and lovely gifts!
Oh my gosh...I so love that cameo!!Hope this finds you well,Chrissy
Post a Comment