Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday: A Walk Between Raindrops...


Today is Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer hosted by Susan, one of the sweetest people in Blogdom. Today's pictures are a little different. You see Mr. Magpie and I were cameraless one day in St. Augustine, and he kindly loaned me his Blackberry to capture some shots I wanted to share. So please join me today as I join Susan and her friends and take you on a little stroll in St. Augustine after a summer shower.

Be careful to tiptoe around the puddles...



They remind me of the poem by ee cummings where he says the world is "puddle-wonderful"...



This is a row of favorite shops where we've strolled before and have seen the various flags waving...



Well, if you click on the pictures...



You can see the Union Jack reflected in the puddle (for my British friends including Kathy, Lindsay, Jessica, and others!)...



And again at this B&B (we were occupied by the British just before, during, and shortly after the American Revolution as agreed upon by a treaty between Spain and Great Britain)...







Hungry? I see some citrus hanging over the convent wall...



Yep, there it is...



And it's a tad too green to eat...



And don't even think about those green bananas...



Oh, you can't see them? Let's lean in closer...



Look, here's a good shot of them...



If you're really hungry, there's a little French pastry shop around the corner that's been serving pastries and other goodies for over 40 years (Claudie and FiFi, this shot's for you! It's pink, and it's French!)...



I love to stalk this window. It belongs to one of my favorite shops with clothes and accessories perfect for our climate...











Don't know if you noticed it in the pictures, but after raining for three solid weeks, these people were prepared with towels on the sills just in case these antique windows decided to leak...



But these fish don't seem to mind the rainy weather one bit...







And these silly frogs don't seem to mind the rain, either...



And while we didn't need towels on the sills, we were prepared with a boat at our retreat....



Remember, it wasn't raining when Noah built the ark...



And Michelle and David, our friends and favorite pirates, are ready, too. See the ship's sail with the Jolly Roger attached, moored just over their garden wall...



Let's peep through their garden gate to get a better look at this vessel...



Would you look at all of those shiny objects in the form of pirate plunder: colorful seating, statues, and gates with stained glass arches...



And there is the vessel herself...



Just waiting to help their grandchildren escape on fanciful voyages to splendorous kingdoms...



Uh oh! We've been spotted by the guard...



Better take one last look and be gone...



Some other locals took a hint from the sea and had a ship's carpenter finish their restored lookouts...



These sailors, though, are clearly not pirates judging from the design carved onto the end of every fourth lookout...



And speaking of pirates, the Spanish of St. Augustine were attacked at one point by the famed English privateer, Sir Francis Drake. Sir Francis was rewarded by Queen Elizabeth I for pilfering shiny objects from the Spanish for her. Seems that Elizabeth was a bit of a magpie herself. ;-)



During his raids in the 1500's, Sir Francis managed to sack St. Augustine, though he failed to capture it. Not far from our flower beds (that look like they have been sacked from the rains)...



Some archaelogists went digging about...



And found the charred remains of a building and artifacts from the sacking that took place then...



I wonder what tales the dirt beneath these flowers could tell, particularly the dirt beneath the purple queen???



And if you peep behind the shrimp plants in this garden...



There's the site of a well dating to the early 1600's (about the time that my ancestors moved in up the coast at Jamestown around 1616). Near the well, there was an apparent house fire around 1670. Another possible sacking, perchance???



Once the Spanish discovered coquina on Anastasia Island, they built the walls of their homes and the walls of the fort from this native material which readily withstood attacks from enemy ships and angry Indians...



During the daylight hours of a seige, the Spanish would be bombarded by cannonballs which would bounce off the coquina walls of the fort instead of penetrating the walls. It was as if the walls were elastic...



Then at night, the Spanish soldiers would sneak out of the fort, gather the cannonballs, and shoot them back at their attackers...



Pretty clever...



Do you spy something on top of that coquina wall???



It's grey and striped and doesn't look like a coquina block...



Look! It's wiggling...



And jiggling...



Aye, it's a pirate cat! And a handsome lad he is [you, are too, Mr. Magpie, and thanks for the assist in holding the pirate still!]...



Thanks for your time, Pippy...



We'll catch you another day when you're not so busy scouting for sea mice...



In the mean time, in between time, let's take time to smell the roses...



And smile at the daisies...



And curtsy to the purple queen and her split-leaf guards...



And blow a kiss to the passion flowers...



You know how indignant they become when you merely wave...



And honk at a balcony goose...



And tiptoe around a wayward palm frond in the gutter...



And splash in a fountain...



And bid good day to the Stone Rabbit's little terra cotta cousin, Pepe!



Until we see our own little wet walkway and goat cart filled with flowers (I wonder if Barbara the Purple Goat Lady would loan me a goat to match?)...



Ever notice how happy flowers are to see you?



Or better yet, the rain?



These just seem to be smiling...



Or chatting...




And I do declare, this one just winked...



And I'm winking back! ;-)

Thank you so much for visiting me today at my blog, and I look forward to visiting you, too! Please join Susan and her friends for more Outdoor Wednesday posts as they have lots of wonderful things to share. You can get there by clicking here. See you there! :-)



Happy Outdoor Wednesday!

Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) and her new neighbor and friend Pippy... just cattin' around and wondering what Debbie and Baby Kitty are doing! ;-)

88 comments:

abeachcottage said...

goodness, technology is amazing! love the pics, really enjoyed my visit, my fave are the first few of those cobbles, gorgeous

happy outdoor wednesday

Sarah

supplies overflowing! said...

Such enchantment!
Did you write stories/fairy tales in your prior life?
I didn't want this post to end. Really- from bananas to Pippy, and smiling flowers to pirate boats, the photos and running commentary were wonderfully fun!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a wonderful walk with you! I love all of the great shops and the French pastry shop is magnifique!
Hugs,
Penny

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh Sheila! How enchanting! Thanks for taking us along with you and Mr. Magpie on your walk! I do believe I would walk more often if I had scenery like that!! Such wonderful photos! And you do have a way of telling a story! Please tell Pippy hello from my Baby Kitty!! What a cutie! Thanks so much for sharing!!!...hugs...Debbie

April said...

Hi Sheila!
You make any walk such a fun and exciting adventure! I love every moment! All of your pictures are gorgeous, as always! Have an AMAZING Wednesday! Big hugs!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sheila,
What a wonderful adventure you took us on! I really, really want to go to St. Augustine, you have me convinced! A city so full of history and beautiful places, oh yes, I love it! Pippy reminds me of my cat Cocoa, a real charmer! Hugs, cindy

Linda's Blue Gate said...

It's all that rain...... that is why your flowers are so happy...... here in Texas our are lookin a little down cast.... love the frisky Pippy what a cutie...
HUgs
Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Shelianess! You are just wonderful! Besides loving my history lesson, me was thinking, aye, me was (that's pirate talk, ya know) you would make a fabulous children's storybook author! Yes, you would! Loved your pictures and that sneaky little Pippy! Where were the Long Stockings? :)
You're the most precious and thank you for your sweet words. I've entered you in my giveaway and I wish you the best of luck!
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Blondie's Journal said...

I thouroughly enjoyed my walk "Between Raindrops" with you and Mr. Magpie. What gorgeous pictures that Blackberry takes!! What a wonderful place you live in and you sure have boned up on all the history!

I really like the cobblestone streets~they might just look their best with puddles!! The shop windows beckoned and the pastry shop all but shouted, "Jane!! Hurry!!".

Wonderful post from beginning to end. Loved it! :-)

xoxo
Jane

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Thanks for taking me along with you on your trip to St. Augustine. The scenery, shops, fort and flora are so very beautiful.

Eileen said...

St. Augustine really is enchanting! At least seeing it through your guided tour it's enchanting! I'd love to go there sometime.

I especially liked the garden gates, the pirate ship, the painted furniture, and most especially the wet walk. I think the reflective puddles added a very artistic touch!

Thanks, Sheila, this was wonderful!

Oh! And don't give a thought to the 'name', I do the same thing constantly, and I mean constantly! No offense taken at all.

This was fun!
Great post!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post! I love how you included all of the history. You are fortunate to live in such a quaint and beautiful town. The cobblestone streets are beautiful. I hope we hear more about Pippy. such a curious cat indeed. Thank you for taking us on a stroll through town.

akawest said...

I had to head to Google after reading your delightful post. We can pretend it was to read more about St. Augustine's history, and not the pastry shop.

Hugs,
Lisa

P.S. Your flowers are gorgeous.

Femin Susan said...

What a wonderful trip with you..... I really enjoy. All of your pictures are gorgeous..... Thanks for sharing......

Maryrose said...

Hi Sheila,
You are so clever. I love your pictures and commentary. I felt like I was right there with you.
Question though .... what did you order in the pastry shop ;)
~Maryrose~

Jane O' said...

St. Augustine is one of my favorite places that I have ever visited. I bought a Spanish style straw hat there that I've used for gardening for years. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.
And also thank you for introducing me to Outdoor Wednesday. Looks like fun.

Kathleen said...

Great tour! I haven't been to St A in years! Thanks for being such a wonderful guide!

cotedetexas said...

Charming. just charming. my neighbor has bananas like that - should say had - but Ike took care of them. just lovely!!!!! i love your walks.

Unknown said...

What a great little walk! I feel like a local! I was just reading about a weekend away in St. Augustine. It looks fabulous, I can't wait to go there someday.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So many great photos. Thank for the tour - enjoyed it all.
Glenda

sunnymama said...

What a delightful outdoor wednesday post and fascinating tour! Your pictures are wonderful and the flowers are beautiful.

Thank your for your sweet comment on my blog :)

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Such a wonderful stroll. The store that you like to stalk, I would have been right there with you. I loved the hat ofcourse, and that necklace was exquisite. I loved the flag in the reflection of the puddle. That was so beautiful. You did an outstanding job photographing your stroll. Thank you so much for sharing. Please stop by and say "hi". I would love to have you visit. Country Hugs, Sherry

xinex said...

Wow! These pictures have really good quality taken from a Blackberry. I love St.Augustine, such a quaint town. Thanks for the wonderful pictures and your wit, Sheila...Christine

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

What lovely photos. I hope to visit St. Augustine someday!

Claudia said...

for years i thought the only awesome shots came from my SLR camera... not true as you so delightfully displayed!

The walk was so fun.

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

Jadehollow said...

Oh I loved the lil tagalong tour and commentary.. I would love to see real bananas growing someday.. How sad that I've not experienced that.. what a wonderful place you live in. To ditto what others have said.. it's truely an enchanting place. Thanks so much for sharing the journey with us.
Hugs,
Debbie

PS.. The raccoon was riding on the back of a wild bore hog.. it was a photo that a friend of my husband captured on his cam and emailed to him. My husband would have given anything to have gotten a shot like that. That's the great thing about those cameras.. we get to see what wildlife really do when we're not there.

Chandy said...

I love each picture, but the little fish were my favorite! And the passion flowers are so gorgeous!

Lorna ~ Lace and Ivy Cottage said...

Wow, this is only the second passion flower I've ever seen! Terrific post, I enjoyed the stroll very much. I also haven't seen any rain in I don't know how long! Happy OW!

Sue said...

WOW!! Shelia, I enjoyed my walk with you today, what a beautiful place to live, so much to see. Pippy is so adorable, he was really showing off for the camera. I always enjoy my visits here you have such a wealth of knowledge and so willingly share it with us. I enjoyed peeking in at that dress shop too, having a place like that might inspire me to get really serious about losing some weight. Thank you, as always I am truly blessed.
Hugs,
Sue

Bill said...

Hi Sheila,
Thank you so much for suggesting that I participate in Outdoor Wednesday (just signed up)!
I very much enjoyed "visiting" St. Augustine with you just now. I've been to so many places in FL, but somehow never made it to St. Augustine. Now, after seeing your gorgeous images, I'm more determined than ever to get there at some point!

Bill @ Affordablel Accoutrements

Fifi Flowers said...

Oooooh I love the PINK shop... thank you for thinking of moi! You live in a BEAUTIFUL place... what a LOVELY walk!!!
ENJOY!
Fifi

Irene said...

A meandering walk:)

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Sheila, I felt like I was really there! What great pics you took.
Thanks for the tour~Ann

RobinfromCA said...

What a fun walk around town! And we got an interesting history tour as well. I love Outdoor Wednesdays! I may have to put St. Augustine on my travel bucket list. It looks too charming to resist!

Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Kat said...

What a great tour. St. Augustine looks like a beautiful town, I would love to visit. The flowers and plants are just beautiful, and the cobbled street of shops looks like so much fun. And that little pirate cat - what a cutie! But after what seems like 2 years without rain, my favorite pictures are of the puddles lol. Great post as always! Kathy

Southern Lady said...

I loved walking between the raindrops and dodging the puddles with you and Mr. Magpie, Sheila. Your pictures are stunning (I can't believe they were taken with a Blackberry!).

St. Augustine is a beautiful place. I loved seeing the bananas and the tree loaded with fruit (lemons?) ... and the icing on the cake was the pretty little cart on your porch overflowing with flowers.

Thank you for sharing this delightful "puddle-wonderful" walk with us.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful story you tell. Have you ever thought of writing books? I think you would be wonderful at it.

The pictures are beautiful, they look as nice as the ones my camera takes, even better.

Martha said...

Really enjoyed the visit -- love the puddle pictures and a peek into the garden. I want to go there!

KBeau said...

Thanks for the tour. Some of those pictures remind me of villages in Europe. Very pretty.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
I really enjoyed your tour of St Augustine. Everytime you show me pictures I want to go more! Thanks for pointing out the flag. I loved seeing your favorite little shop and your neighbors garden complete with super play boat. The flowers you shared are beautiful. I am glad I am not the only person who thinks flowers are smiling at me!
Happy Wednesday.
Lindsay
x

SmilingSally said...

This was an entertaining post! I learned history, went sight seeing, shopped for a gorgeous outfit, and played Peeping Tom. Thank you and Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Christine said...

Your words and pictures due me in!
Great strool in the rain.

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Sheila: You have no idea how much I enjoyed this post!! So many gorgeous photos and I recognized so many places!! Especially the pastry shop which was a favorite with my family!!

Thank you for missing me!! It is nice to be missed! I have just been so busy with work after being on vacation, but I hope to get a post up and reintroduce myself to everyone!!

Have a great day!

Lou Cinda ")

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Beautiful post Sheila! I enjoyed this lovely tour, so much!!

Simply Debbie said...

Dear Sheila,
WOW! You could go into business with Mr. Magpies blackberry as a photographer....I can't even take pictures that well on my digital.
Thank you for taking us along and I am sure Barbara, the purple goat lady has a precious goat that would be perfect for that flower cart.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday
That little pirate kitty, is a very expensive cat....I can't think of what they are called but they are from 800.00 to 2,000.00 in price and they love to climb....I noticed it had a collar on so I am sure it is very loved.
Angel Hugs
debbie

Kathy said...

Hello there Sheila, what an enchanting place you live, loved every minute of our stroll after the rain, I dodged the puddles and spotted the flag (made me a tad homesick lol). beautiful pink cafe, pirates galore, my heart goes week for cobblestones and all those dancing, chatting, winking flowers, so enchanting, made my day. happy days, Kathy.

Kathy said...

oooh forgot to say, I think Elizabeth was a magpie too. Kx

dana said...

Well, well, well---that was one fun tour you took us on!!! You managed to take some wonderful photos with that Blackberry!!! I'm amazed cause I wouldn't know a Blackberry if it smacked me in my face!

I so enjoyed every photo and every word in this text!! The bits of history tossed in with the sweet tour were very interesting--specially the part about them recycling the cannon balls!! The dress shop looked very inviting---and FUN!! I loved the sweet kitty pirate and was wowed to see THE STONE RABBIT'S Terra Cousin, Pepe!!! We'd lost touch with that particular cousin--so glad to know he's doing well in Florida!!

Thanks for the fun and informative post!!! We love you, Dana and THE STONE RABBIT!!!

Beth at Aunties said...

Sheila,

You always seem to take me away to some magical land with your talent of telling an enchanting story. I enjoyed going on the stroll with you and visiting your beautiful get away full of history and mystic.
The green bananas reminded me of visiting my grandmother's home in San Diego. Truly a outing and the lovely shop looked like a
place to find many beautiful shiny objects! (I missed the towels and glad you pointed them out)I was so mesmerized by the beautiful clothing.

One of my favorites was your very own goat cart filled with so many happy flowers ... I too didn’t want this charming post to end!

Enjoy a beautiful day my friend!

Many warm Hugs,

Beth~♥'s

Marina Capano said...

wow! what a fantastic post!

amazing windows! just beautiful pics!

I love them!

and I love cat´s face! so cute!

visit me anytime!!!

xoxo

stefanie said...

wow, what a beautiful tour, i love the brick roads. looks like you had a wonderful time.

Christi @ A Southern Life said...

What a great virtual trip through your area this was. Just fascinating. Thanks for taking us with you.

Christi

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

That Blackberry takes terrific pictures. They are all wonderful and I love the phrase ~puddle-wonderful~

Anonymous said...

I feel like I was really there, walking along with you on this tour. Your commentary is very engaging and you filled us with so much information too. Thank you for a very thoughtful post today.

Kathy b

Nancy Rosalina said...

Wow! Beautiful pictures! Love all the charm! Would love to go to that little shop with the beautiful things in the window! And, I NEED that wagon! ;) Nancy

P.S. Rosalina is fine to call me! I am called that and Rosey by my family! :)

Bettey said...

What a gorgeous set and wonderful posting. Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate it!!!

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a terrific tour of such a charming city. I really enjoyed walking along with you. You made it an adventure. Have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

the wild raspberry said...

that was such a fun walk sheila!
however, i did not tip-toe around the puddles....i jumped right in! hope i didn't splash you much.
my favorite thing on the walk was sitting on the lovely enchanted moss wall with the kitty. that was delightful.
have a wonderful day.
chasity

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

What a perfectly wonderful tour...and beyond! I was delighted with every bit of it. I noticed the way the bracelet was displayed in the window...:)
The flowers..the kitty and the peeking into private places...
I lived in Jacksonville and was only able to get to St. Augustine a couple of times and loved it but never saw it up close and personal like this. Thank you! All seven children were home and young at the time...so you can see why a tour was not really possible. They were well behaved children..but children none the less!
Thank you so much for sharing. It meant a lot to me! I longed to be able to do that!
Now I can..and I am clear across the country!
Love and hugs..
Mona

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

OMG Shelia what a wonderful post my friend..WOW!! I loved all that patio chairs painted in Happy colors..your Goat cart with flowers is just beautiful...Oh I want to go play there for the day...I bet I could find something shiney to bring home ha ha!! Thanks for sharing this great town tour..thank hubby for the phone...May you have a great week my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

I loved all the pictures and can't pick a favorite...there are so many to choose from but if I have to...the window shopping and the citrus trees. Makes me want to go there right now!

Loved your narration. Thank you so much for sharing all of your pictures.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Ah, history is always a journey worth taking. I love brick streets. We have in our town a section called the Azalea District, or brick street district. Wonderful old houses with red brick streets in front. Love to go there. Thanks for the journey!
Brenda

Shellbelle said...

Sheila, I didn't know your ancestors settled in Jamestown?! My line arrived in 1607 and my ancestor grandmother kept the Indians at bay during the 1622 massacre while gramps was back in England getting more supplies. Hmmmmm…maybe we're distant cousins.

Thanks for taking us on this walk, I've never been to St. Augustine. I was at Neptune Beach a few months ago with plans to go, but that's when that huge storm came and stayed all week. Next time…

Amy said...

I love every single photo you took. It is so hard to pick a favorite. I felt like I was looking at a favorite book. Thank you so much for sharing your adventure with us all. Happy Outdoor Wednesday. Amy :)

Signing Out said...

What a lovely tour! I'd love to go to that French pastry shop, but that could be dangerous. :)

Jane

gina said...

Las you are amazing with the blackberry. Your pictures are great you have an eye for detail and color. I love the fish and the passion flowers.

Barnyard Country Gifts said...

We have been to St. Augustine in summer 2007 and have been to the fort and historic district. Summer last year we were there to, but then there was hurricane Fay and everything was closed. So it is very nice to see you're pictures.
Annemieke

Beverly said...

I have always loved St. Augustine, and you made it come alive.

We used to go to Castillo de San Marcos when I was a child, and I loved exploring all of the nooks and crannies.

Becky K. said...

Oh, we almost went there while in Florida. But, the agenda was just too full. Someday just the Husband and I will visit. I am reading Eugenia Price's Maria all about St Augustine in the way back days.

...French Pastries...Ahhhh....

Pretty kitty.

Have an awesome day, Sheila!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Wow Sheila--those Blackberry photos are great! I don't even know if my husband's work Blackberry phone can take photos...now I'll make him try and see how they come out!

Saint Agustine looks so historical! If I ever visit Florida I'll try to make a sight seeing visit.

We've had a lot of rain too thsi summer...hopefully we'll be blessed with some blue skies for awhile.

That is a darling cat ...I love cats....and all that fruit driping form the trees!

Have a happy day
Hugs, Pat

Robin Lambright said...

OMGoodness!

Beautiful pictures!

Blessings
Robin

flmom said...

What a fun tour! Maybe one of these days we'll take the time to explore St. Augustine. LOL

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila! Thanks for the tour!!! Oh, I'd be in the pastry shop even if the fruit were ripe, lol! Love the frogs!

Megan {The Brick Bungalow} said...

Love the photos! And I just adore brick streets!!!

Lorrie said...

A wonderful walk in St. Augustine Sheila. The Blackberry did a great job getting all the pictures. I feel like I was there right along with you. I love seeing reflections in the puddles and all the freshness after a rain. This was a very enjoyable stroll indeed!

Candy said...

Nothing like a walk around the puddles...I would love the opportunity. What a lovely town and thanks for the tour. Lots happening and lots to see.

Thanks,
Candy

Marsha said...

I really enjoyed this visit to St. Augustine! It is on my list of vacation places for a northern winter get-away and after seeing these photos I think it will get moved up the list a few notches.

Thank you for sharing this beauty...today I am grateful for cameras on blackberrys!

Sandi (Meme) said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and come back very soon! I love the photos you took, it was almost like walking with you! LOVE the turquoise necklace and the gate in the yard you peeked into. thanks again, sandi

Amisha said...

Wow! I felt like I took a holiday and went off on stroll myself.

Anonymous said...

I had so much fun taking on that lovely walk with you!

Crystal said...

Wow what a very creative post. I don't know what to comment on first. It all was so interesting and pretty. I can't figure out how to get photos off of by blackberry??
Thanks for stopping by and leaving your sweet comments.
Crystal

Lori E said...

You just saved me a bundle on travel. I got to visit such a beautiful place for free. Thank you.

Elizabeth said...

Well, I have ALWAYS wanted to visit St. Augustine, FL, ever since I heard that it is the oldest city in our nation...Isn't it? I see that you have brick streets there, not unlike one of my favorite hometowns, Wilmington, NC. They are tough to drive over, but fun to have!

So, what exactly is coquina? A type of rock? I don't mean to be ignorant, but I honestly have never heard of it before!

Were there pirate raids on St. Augustine (aside from gentleman raids by Sir Keye)?

Is there a lasting Spanish influence, like residents with Spanish ancestry (not meaning, Mexican)..or did they all finally pick up and leave?

Well, thanks for sharing some history with us. I enjoyed every bit of it!
Elizabeth

Jane said...

Love the visit to one of my favorite places. We have spent at least a week in St A (Crescent Beach) for the past 15 years. My dream is to one day live there...
Thank you for the taste...cannot wait to get "home".

Sofia Striffler said...

Love all the pics. The smiling flowers are my favorite. Thanks for visiting my blog and your comments.

Lady Katherine said...

What a great tour! I take the hat! The wagon! Love the photos of the fort! I got to see it in passing, we were in hurry to go to Jacksonville to get a computer. I did get to stop and get something to eat! Such a lovely place I wanted so to go on the carriage ride! Bananas are are so great!! OK I love this town, I have some rocks that are coquina, I got to visit Crescent Beach several times. I loved picking up shells by the arms Loaded! I have seen you on my blog so many times, and love reading your sweet comments! Thank for adding me to your blog roll. Now I can't find a following! Or I do not know where it is! lol Love you visiting me.

Neabear said...

What a fun post! So delightful. It was fun to see pictures of your area. Some recognize as areas you have taken before, but it was not raining in those. The rain adds an interesting feel to pictures. Loved the jewelry bag you won and featured on your previous post too. Lovely! We have a Sir Francis Drake Beach here on the West Coast. It is about 45 mins to an hour drive away from where we live.

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

How charming! I loved my tour. Thanks so much for sharing. Even in the rain, everything was beautiful.

Blessings,
Spencer