Today is Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum with the lovely and talented Miss Michael aka Gollum hosting, and I have a little something I want to share with you for this fun event. Never fear, I did NOT cook! ;-)

And since this post has some touches of pink, I also thought I would hook up with the Pink Saturday crowd at How Sweet the Sound where Miss Sweetness (aka Beverly) holds court!

Now if you're wondering about that top photo, you might also wonder about this one...
And this one...
Any clue yet? No? Well, I'll give you a better hint. The roof of this little item has some pink stripes to match the pink on the front...
And I spy some more pink stripes inside that little cubby hole...
Now if you are thinking that these little cubby holes bear a striking resemblance to the rooms in a little doll house...
You would be correct...
And the painted part underneath?
It's the door to another compartment which houses two storage shelves...
And in the foreground of this next picture is my hot pink chair that makes rearranging the doll house much easier for munchkins and little old ladies, though we don't have any of the latter around here. Perish the thought! ;-) ...
If you look closely in the green compartment, you will see a little, blonde doll in her pink underpinnings. I have dubbed her Nannette in honor of my good friend Shelia of Notesongs who can often be found saying, "No, No, Nannette!" This Nannette has said that numerous times to the little critters who inhabit the dollhouse. She also happens to look like someone with whom I went to elementary school, a girl whose name just so happens to be Nan...
I found Nannette one morning when I was poking around in the attic of our house. The former owner had left a box full of doll things, and Nannette and some of her supplies were a few of the items I found. More poking around in another box I found has revealed which owner the items belonged to, and I plan to return them to the owner's family. In the mean time, I thought I would share Nannette with you here on the blog, and that's a little Nannette "Mini-Me" (only with black hair and made out of seashells) there on her side table next to the pink phone...
One of my dear, sweet blogger friends, Lindsay-Ann of The Cross Stitch House, saw a little story I wrote about some miniatures I won in a blog drawing. I gave them to Cecelia for her doll house, and Lindsay thought I would enjoy having some more for Cecelia and kindly mailed me some adorable food items, all the way from England! And Lindsay, I cannot thank you enough. She also sent me a fabulous English magazine which I devoured from cover to cover. Very shiny objects, indeed. :-)
Look at this cute little box of fruit and veggies...
And this sweet little basket filled with delicious watermelon, oranges, and other treats...
And just in case you are wondering what Nannette is serving on the white china tea table I found in the attic...
Look closer...
It's some fancy cheeses that Lindsay sent...
And wonderful French bread (also sent by Lindsay)...
Hungry? Pierre, my little French bulldog, sure is...
Look at him, pretending to be so nonchalant about those goodies lurking on the table...
When he's really sizing up the situation...
And figuring out...
Just what it would take to grab one of those loaves...
And a hunk of cheese...
He has hopped up on the chair with his dirty little paws (I have no idea how they got that way, LOL!)...
Meanwhile, Pogo the Pomeranian just got a whiff of the desserts that Lindsay sent...
He puts it into reverse...
And then into forward gear, edging closer...
Zeroing in...
On a chocolate torte...
Then sniffing out...
An English plum pudding...
Pick the chocolate torte, Pogo, and nab me a piece while you're at it, please...
In the mean time, I want to take you on a quick tour through the rest of the rooms. Eventually, I want to set them up as shops, to teach Cecelia about business... a book shop, a pastry shop, a china shop, and an art gallery. Let's check out the bookshop first...
They have a great collection of books (with a whole section of books by Southern author Michael Lee West, everything from Crazy Ladies to Mermaids in the Basement)! And they have the latest in contemporary furniture design with chairs in the shape of letters, executed in pink leather, where you can perch and listen to the radio as you read...
Now, let's check out the art gallery next door...
They have an eclectic mix of art, featuring fine photography of celebrities such as Jaunty Monkey and girlfriend Fay Ray, antique cross stitch and crewel work representing the finest in textile art, and period antique frames...
They also feature contemporary sculpture like these giant clothespins (all purchased along with the fine "colonial" chest at a local thrift shop for a song)...
Next, let's pop into the china shop which is still awaiting its inventory. I found this wire front cabinet for a dollar or two at the same thrifty antique mall...
I think it would look better painted. Pink perchance???
And finally, let's check out the pastry shop which has a lot of little cute "tasty" things and furnishings I found at that same shop...
Some of these little treats look good enough to eat...
Take for instance that lemon meringue pie...
It's vintage and baked in a little bottle cap pie tin...
Or what about the birthday cake that's also vintage. Care to have a slice of that, or would you prefer some of the chocolate cake? How about a glass of milk to go with?
Or maybe some cranberries from this little basket I've had for years? They are still fresh, and the price is right...
But that birthday cake is awfully, awfully tempting...
Decisions...
Decisions...
Then again, the fruit and veggies from Lindsay are the healthy choice...
I can't make up my mind, but I can make up my mind about the fact that I think I got a good deal for all of my little furnishings like the grandfather clock and the chair...
The table and the cabinet...
As well as the two wooden pieces upstairs, the green cabinet downstairs, and all of the food and accessories. They add up to around $10. Plus I have the added bonus of receiving all the lovely little food gifts from Lindsay...
It all equals a good reason to celebrate. After all, it's the little things in life that make you smile! Speaking of which, I think I'll pull up a chair and help myself to some of these treats...
Care to join me? While the dogs managed to polish off most of the goodies, there's still plenty of pink icing left to go around...

Oh, and don't forget to make a wish, blow out the candles, and have a Very Merry Un-Birthday! ;-)
And now, please join me by clicking Designs by Gollum for Foodie Friday, and tomorrow please join me by clicking How Sweet the Sound for Pink Saturday. Kudos to Michael Lee and Beverly for each being the hostess with the mostest! And many thanks again, Lindsay, for your charming gifts. They came in the cutest little gift tin ever! You don't want to miss a chance to visit Linsday's blog The Cross Stitch House as it is very charming and very English just like she is!
[EDIT]: And speaking of English, there is another English blogger I want you all to meet from Pink Saturday. You see, Miss Beverly, our hostess, has encouraged each of us to post about and link to bloggers we've just "met" for the first time. So here goes...
This blogger's name is Ruth,and her blog is called Everyday Life of A Suburban SAHM (SAHM = Stay At Home Mom). I just spent some time checking out her blog, and I was impressed by the fact that not only does Ruth visit others, but she's had several blog giveaways for the Pink Saturday crew! I thought that was just the sweetest! AND she obviously has a divine sense of whimsy. One of the giveaway prizes was the most adorable, cute-as-a-button egg cozy...

And she has given away other cute things like this...

Ruth is apparently a girl who knows her shiny objects! Oh, and she loves Scotland! So take a moment and visit Ruth, and tell her that Mrs. Magpie sent you over. I'm not sure if she knows me from Adam's house cat since I've been MIA most of the summer from Pink Saturday, but hopefully we'll get to know each other better now that I'm back from my break. Click here to visit Ruth!
Thanks to all of you for visiting me, and I look forward to visiting you in return! :-)
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
[Today's musical selection is "Tea for Two" from the musical No, No, Nannette!]




93 comments:
Oh Sheila you have taken me on such a flight of imagination here! The doll house is lovely in all of it's miniature details. I feel like I've gone down Alice's rabbit hole to a whole new world.
Lindsay is just the best isn't she? She sent my daughter, who loves tiny thins, some of the miniature food and honestly, it looks good enough to eat!
Thanks for a fun time!
What an adorable house! Cute, cute, cute! Beyond cute!
Brenda
Cute, cute, cute...Love it all...
xoxo
Julie
Your little doll house is just ADORABLE!! Nannette is just too cute too and I love all the little furnishings and food and animals. It is all just FABULOUS!!! Hope you have a great day.♥
Oh, Dear Sheila! What a wonderful post! How honored I am that you would name that cute little lady after one of my silly sayings! Nannette is adorable!
What a precious little doll house and all your furnishings and the food! How sweet of Lindsay to send you the little minis! She's a sweetie.
Now I'll be looking forward to some adventures by our teeny little Nannette!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
OMG, Sheila! These are just the cutest little things. I wish I was a child again, LOL! What a beautiful doll house and accessories. I love all the colors too....Christine
The doll house is adorable...every little (and big) girl's dream come true!
:) Diane
Is that a doll house? I wouldn't mind staying there! With such a cute cute cupboard, yummy sweets and a grandfather clock, I would definitely love to stay there
♥ Chaitra
My heart aches that I didn't have one of these as a child!! I must not have made Santa's very, very, very good girl list!! How I would have loved it. I loved all things miniature!!
Lindsay Aknn sounds lie a very sweet gal. The food is scrumptious~in every way!!
I think it is great how you will work with Cecelia. Very smart indeed.
Wonderful post, Sheila!!
xoxo
Jane
What an adorable doll house and post! I love how you play with food :)
LOVE this! Way cute!
What details. It looks better than my house does. A fun idea for Foodie Friday.
All are so pretty.
Lovely post!
What an absolutely delightful post. The doll house is too cute, filled with such treasures. Cecelia is one lucky, lucky little girl! I know she will treasure this for a lifetime.
What a wonderful doll house and miniatures. I don't have any daughters, but this makes me want a dollhouse of my own.
Sheila, this is an adorable doll house and Lindsey's miniatures look good enough to eat! What a fun combined foodie and pinkie post! You have the best imagination in bloglandia! :-)
Hugs, Pat
Hi Sheila, my daughter has that same little cabinet. Isn't it the cutest thing. I wish we had it set up as a real doll house like you do. She just used the "rooms" for cubbies to store "stuff". I especially like the little critters in their. Nanette has her hands full!
Hugs,
Dawn
Shelia, Long time since I have been here, sorry.
The doll house is darling and Nannette is a darling. Thanks for sharing. I have tried to change the name of your blog on my list and everytime it comes back the same way????
Glad we are together again.
Barbara
Sheila-I have found someone else who is playing with doll houses! I love that you are setting this up as "marketing" lesson :)--Go girl! I am quite certain the "other Sheila" will be honored! Loved it!
How stinkin' cute it that?!? I just love it :)
I want one!
Well how cute is that ! I love the glass pieces, they are adorable !
What a pretty doll house and all the delicious food! Sheila, you outdid yourself girl! Wonderful post!
i always love the trips you take us on sheila!! such fun....
the only thing that previous owners left for us in our attic was dust...
some people get all the luck.
have a great weekend~
chas
I love miniatures! This is so cute! You tell a wonderful story too! You should write books!
Your things are lovely and you are lucky to have such nice friends with generous hearts to send you such great things. A true reflection of your own heart.
Thank you a million times over for your generous, heartfelt comments to me. You've helped more than you know.
And thanks for this post! It makes my heart happy!
Love to you, Eileen
Thanks for stopping by and I so enjoyed my visit to your little house. Love the 'C' chair, just perfect for RockCandy ;-)
It is raining outside and I am snuggled in...not reading but doing much needed maintenance. Got to run the washing is dinging.
Happy Friday Blessings!
What a fabulous post. I, for one, am honored that you took the time to assemble this for us. I love your minatures and your flights of fancy. I hope you are having a wonderful day.
I could just move right in!!!! Thanks for a great post full of life! :-)
Good day to you my friend. I am thrilled to view the sweetest post. I hope the puppies saved me a piece of cake. The purchases you made were so worth the $10. you spent. I love it all. The doll house is very cute in pastels which speaks pink very well. What a sweet friend to send you all the delicious food. You sure made the most of it.
I too have a Victorian doll house waiting in the garage to be re-decorated. My Aunt and Uncle helped me build it many years ago. I must make it a project this winter.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Love ya, Jeanne
Oh Sheila: This is so adorable! I have always had a "thing" for miniatures! There used to be a shop in St. Augustine called The Vagabond and they had miniatures. I LOVED to go in that shop!
Thank you for sharing this!!
Lou Cinda :)
that was adorable!
That is too precious!
Hi Sheila
I loved this post and enjoyed seeing your beautiful dolls house. I am so glad my food has found a lovely new home. I know that Nanette will take good care of it! I made the food over 14 years ago and it has been patiently waiting for someone to love it! Who would have thought it would end up in Florida.
Hope you are keeping well. Have a great weekend.
Lindsay
x
Sheila,
You are a master of details.... of appreciating all things great or small. No feelings are left out....everything and everyone is embraced and loved. You are incredible and wonderful.
Leave it to you, Sheila, to bring a beautiful little doll house to life with your precious treasures and lovable characters. Not only do you have a delightful imagination, but everything you do, you do with grace and elegance.
I love this post, every word and every picture.
Nannette "Mini-Me" is so cute I think I might try and make one for myself!
The doll house looks like too much fun!! It is adorable.
Thanks for visiting! :-)
Love the doll house. When we were young girls, my dad made a 3 story doll house for us (converted an old stereo tv cabinet and it was paperer, had little rugs, pretty furniture...little chandeliers, silver service, etc. My great aunt loved to send us packages with all kinds of goodies for furnishing it. She was an "old maid" single doctor and got her fun out of buying for us girls. It was fun!
Blessings!
LOL Lindsay was good to you, and you certainly chose a nice way to thank her!
I made an error.
I then corrected it.
Then, I made another!
I'll leave this comment as is--with or without errors!
Love, love, love the dollhouse! My two girls would be in heaven with something like that!
Absolutley adorable! I loev the song, I love the incredible dollhouse...and as for me I will be taking tea and cheese and bread with Nanette. My kinda girl!
Shelia, this was such a fun sharing. I absolutley adored my visit with you today sweet friend.
Thanks for droppingby Bloggeritaville. You always make my day with your visits. Drop in anytime.
Have a wonderful weekend.
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com
Oh, my goodness, what an amazing post! Thank you so much for your kind words and for mentioning my run-of-the-mill blog. Do stop by tomorrow for another Pink Saturday post and giveaway.
You've made my day!
I always wished I had a playhouse like this when I was a little girl! Thanks for fulfilling my fantasy!
Hi Sheila,
Oh, I had so much fun visiting with your lovely Nanette, I feel like I've just been on a trip into a story book from my childhood!! I've always wanted a dollhouse of my very own...
Thanks for stopping by for Foodie Friday, hope you'll be back soon.I know I will be back to see you!
XO
Heidi - Heart and Home
What an amazing doll house!! I used to be obbssessed with doll houses when I was younger (Ironically... never had one) I love the idea of making the rooms different shops, what a great learning tool!
Wow. What an adventure in the doll house.
Awwww! We want to come live in that adorable house! You're foodie Friday's are the best lady!!
Sheila you dollhouse is so beautiful and really amzing!
I can't belive all of the little details. It's just fascinating.
Thank you so much for showing it to us. I adore Nanette and the bulldog. The teeny food is just too cute. *smiles*
Have a wonderful weekend, ~Melissa :)
Incredible!! What a lovely house filled with treasures! Thanks for stopping by to see me...I will be back here also!!
Happy Pink Saturday! All are lovely. I enjoy it.
I had to see yes the dulls are taking over your blogg - you will get it back for next week or?
My girls would love to play in with that house. I hade my camera out and was looking at my dull house but it was to dark so the photos did not trun out so well.
I love the Chistmas pudding - do you have that in USA or is it only English cake? MB
What a wonderful pink post. I love the little dollhouse.Thank you for visiting and a happy pink Saturday
Always so much fun to visit your mini world. Thanks for the share.
Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday!
Hi Sheila,
Squeals of delight!! Ohh, I LOVE the dollhouse! It is so cute and everything in it too! Love the furniture and that plum pudding!! Thanks for sharing a bit a whimsy today and Happy Pink Saturday to you.
Blessings,
Sandi
Well, what a delightful little "house", sugar. I'd love to have that so I could decorate it without Love Bunny going into deep depression over my changes! Darling and adorable and I'll be back, chickee!
xoxo,
Connie
Goodmorning Sheila
This is the cutest doll house ever! Very McKenzie Childs...just gorgeous. I LOVED your Pink Saturday comment over at Beverly's about the "house of horrors" hair cuts and manicures :-)I remember giving those to my "favourite" dolls too :-)
Have a wonderful weekend ♥
Hello, Sheila,
I enjoyed my visit through your sweet doll house!! You have so many adorable things to look at. You must have a lot of fun playing there. I had a doll house when I was a little girl and just adored it. Big girls can sure have fun with them, too. Blessings to you!! Vicki
Hi Sheila,
What a cute little house. Thanks for sharing all your very lovely pictures. And thank you for stopping by. Have a wonderfully Pink Day.
Smiles,
♥Ana
WOW Sheila! What a magical and darling photo tour of a world that I love! Miniatures and dolls, animals, doll houses....you have treated us well! Thank you for your kind and wonderful comments on my dance post. Once a dancer, always a lover of the art, n'est-ce pas? Do come again, please! I also adore your style. Happy Pink Saturday!!!! Anita
Such a cute house and great that there is so much pink about.
Thank you for mentioning my sisters blog at the end of your post. she does some fabulous minibooks to give away but is sometimes worried what people might think about them...... when she shouldn't.
Thank you again. I hope you're having a Happy Pink Saturday :)
I just had the best time touring your magical house. Your post would make a charming little storybook!!!
Thank you!!!!
found you via ruths blog what a stunning dolls house the detail is just incredible happy pink saturday
I am wore out after touring the doll house. You have done a remarkable job putting all this together. Super job.
Love, love that doll house!! Happy Pink Saturday and what a treat your blog is. :)
Oh My !!!!! How I loved and enjoyed your post. Loved sweet little dollhouse,and everything in it..and I so enjoyed your stories. The tiny furnishings and food..is just so sweet. Happy Pink Saturday and have a most wonderful day.
Sheila!! I want a doll house so bad! I've hinted at one for my birthday but I have no place to put it. I keep telling my hubby that I am going to turn my old desk with all of its cubbies into a doll house. Yours is wonderful!! What wonderful gifts you've received! Have a wonderful pink weekend!
ADORABLE dollhouse!!! Imagine being a doll and living there... that would be the life!!!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi
Wow!! That is some house and some stuff in the house. Aren't you glad you don't have to pack it all up and move, but get to sit in that pink chair and play! It's all amazing along with your narration of each room. Thanks for visiting CollectInTexa Gal today....Sue
How my daughter would love that dollhouse! Very nice post.
Cindy
What a sweet blog!! I love your little doll house! thanks for showing all the wonderful details!
Happy Pink Saturday
Bee blessed,
mary
Welcome back from your summer break! What a darling little doll house - I do hope you'll keep us updated on how it evolves! How very sweet of Lindsay to send you those wonderful treats. Such an addition!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Robin
What a fun post! I have always wanted a dollhouse, but the dream has escaped me! It was lots of fun to see what you did with yours. You have lots of neat little goodies in there. Happy Pink and have a loveleigh weekend!
that is the cutest ever, i love it, all the little details make it even more cute...have a wonderful weekend
As a child I was queen of pink and I also loved doll houses.
Happy Pink Saturday and thanks for stopping by my kitchen.
Sam
Ok I'm # 74.... Slow or what today. Trying to work outside... it's freezing cold, windy and not nice...but no rain... yeahhhhhhhh
Now about that little house Mrs. Magpie...are you sure all that cuteness is for Cecelia? Somehow I think Nannette and co. will be staying at the beach house for a while lol
The "train" is getting bigger...more blogging chicks are coming for the ride.....I can't wait.
Will hopefully call you this week, when I come up for air.
Love You & lovely PS post, as always. : )
Love Claudie
oxoxoxo
How fun to see what you did with this Dollhouse. Looks like you have lots of fun ;--)
Thanks for dropping by.
Hugs and blessings,
What a sweet dollhouse with all trimmings = fabulous!
Thank you for your visit to my Magpie's Nest ... we Magpies need to stick together ;)
~*Happy Pink Saturday*~
~*~ Patty
I love minis, as you know, and am in the process of renovating a dollhouse I bought! Your house is lovely and full of wonderful things! It is indeed a treasure. How lovely for your friend to send you such wonderful treats! Happy Pink Saturday!
OmG I want to move in!
Beautiful!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your little doll house and furnishings. I enjoyed looking around. Hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday.
What an amazingly detailed dollhouse. I only had the Playskool one.
A most adorable post, Sheila! I love all the little pretties in the doll house!
Oh my goodness...how precious! I would be playing with this little minis all day long. Thank you for sharing so many fabulous photos. Welcome back to Pink Saturday!
What a fun tour through your little house. Love that little china table and your kitty and French bulldog. Hope you had a perfectly PINK day. :) Nancy
The doll house is just precious, and I love all of the miniature food. Thanks for sharing.
OK Sheila, that is just too cute for words. I think I would be there for hours playing, which I know is the point, but come on, who in their right mind could possibly resist such cuteness??!! The egg cup is over the top too, Happy Pink Saturday girlfriend and have a great time, Char
This is remarakable, my goodness.Thanks for visiting my blog, visit soon.
Blessings <>< Katie
I adore Pogo and Pierre! The wee china piecesin your lovely home are just wonderful.
Lovely Pink Saturday post and sweet blog, too. Woke up to a dusting of snow on the ground so even thought this isn't Saturday I really needed a boost! Today you made me smile...YOU GIVE ME THAT DOLL HOUSE NOW!
Sorry, I didn't get to see everyone yesterday. I had important business. My 11 year-old grandson was playing football and he wanted Mimi to go to the out-of-town-last-of-the-season-game. THEY WON AGAINST AN UNDEFEATED TEAM! WOO-HOO! 35 - 17☺
Hope the coming week blesses you with sunshine, happiness and good friends.
Hello Sheila~ What a delight! I've got to tell you how I've adored miniatures from my childhood (a VERY long time ago,lol). When my parents and I visited Knott's Berry farm (in CA), They'd always take me to the miniature museum. It housed several show cases of elaborate settings. Bakery's, candy shops, and houses with all the furnishings. Needless to say I was smitten. As you can see from my lil' boutique I'm still enamored with all things tinny.
I too have a (mini) basket of treats my son made when he was tiny too. Thank you for sharing A-L-L your mini treasures!
I also want to let you know how I enjoy your sweet comments and visits to my humble blog.
Sweet wishes,
Sara
Ohm what a lovely doll house. I used to have one that my Godmother had made that exactly matched the house I grew up in! Even some of the furniture was the same. I don't know what happened to it. I'm so sorry I ever let it get away!
Happy Pink Saturday. Wow, I have really enjoyed visiting your little
house, and all the lovelies inside!
Just adorable.
I'm bbbaaaacccck! :-) Thanks for your well wishes on my whirlwind travel. I had a great time but I'm happy to be back. The welcome I got from my dog was worth going away right there! :-)
I just love the dollhouse!!! Mine from youth -- which my grandma had built -- was just given away. My mom had been storing it her basement for years (and years and years) and I really couldn't imagine where I would put it. But it found a really good home with a little girl who loves it as much as I did. I believe it's even in the midst of a remodel. :-)
How did I miss this post? Dollhouses are one of my favorite things. Try as I might, I could not get either daughter excited about them...weird, but true.
Your creativity, always in full force, is perfect for miniatures. Now, you just need a wee version of Annie to visit the house.
Post a Comment