Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Monday, April 6, 2009

A 2nd-Time-Around-Three-Or-More-Tea-And-Friendship-Tuesday: The Easter Bunny Entertains Part I



Today is the day of three fun events, and I enjoy trying to figure out a way to participate in all three. It's 2nd Time Around Tuesday at Diane's blog, A Picture is Worth A 1,000 Words, Three or More Tuesday at Tam's blog, The Gypsy's Corner, and Tea and Friendship Tuesday at Carol's blog, Charli and Me.

I decided to find a spot to set up for an Easter Bunny Tea Party, and thought this little corner of the library might be nice...



Instead of using teacups, I thought with my diminutive guests that I might use this Richard Ginori after dinner (or demitasse) set in the Italian Fruit pattern. I got the greatest deal in the whole wide world on this set... six cups and saucers (even though they are "technically" for coffee"), six lidded pots de creme cups and saucers, a teapot, sugar and creamer, all for the price of the sweet little teapot! Now, I'm determined to some day find a coffee pot for a good price. It was one of those wonderful moments when you smile really, REALLY big as in Cheshire Cat big...


So I got out my set and began to take lots and lots of pictures. The Easter Bunny was the hostess at the tea party, and we had a grand time setting the table... for you see, what many of you thought was a basket yesterday is the cutest little table (I call it a hobbit table) in the world! A friend and I found it shopping, and we knew that one of us was going to go home with it. We tried it at her Hobbit Hut (my name for her adorable gardening folly), but it cramped the space too much. So I happily adopted it. And the little cabbages from yesterday (and again today), those are tole (I bought them years ago)...


I was all ready to share some great pictures with you and a story, too, but I found out today that I need to help a friend. So, I'm going to share these shots this week and ask you to bear with me as I share Part II later when you'll meet the rest of the guests, see a fashion show of Easter bonnets, some closeups of the china, and a reveal on my hobbit table and the little antique chairs surrounding it. In the mean time, in between time, I want to leave you with this...


...three or more plaid Easter eggs in an Easter basket that was given to me as a gift. The basket's flowers are actually embroidered and are so sweet (Thanks, Adelaide, I still love it). And if I haven't told you, I would live in a plaid world if I could! I have always loved plaid, and when Lillian Vernon had these eggs years ago, I hopped on them faster than you can say, "Sean Connery!" And with that, I will wish you...

A Hippity Hoppity Happy 2nd-Time-Around-Three-Or-More-Tea-And-Friendship Kind of Tuesday!

Thanks so much for visiting, and I look forward to visiting you, too! Please join the other ladies by clicking on the links in the first paragraph or by clicking on the links on the top of my sidebar! See you there! :-)

Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

P.S. I always do my best to visit everyone who visits me and who participates in these events. Because of the pressing business with my friend, I might be slow in my visits this week, but I will do my best to get there! I love visiting you and seeing what you have to share! :-)

47 comments:

the wild raspberry said...

they are lucky to have a friend like you!
chasity

Emily said...

That is a pretty tea set! I'll be thinking of you and your friend.

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Pretty tea cups. Cute post. Happy MM.

CJ said...

The hostess looks happy to host the tea party!
The tea set is oh-so-pretty :D
And the easter basket too!!
Looks like a fun filled easter tea party to me!

love
chaitra

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sheila! I love th tea set...just gorgeous! And it's a table...I would never have guessed! Precious! No wonder it had to come home with you! I hope Didi is improving! You all are in my thoughts and prayers...hugs...Debbie

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Love you tea set, but of course, friends come first. Have a great week.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Sheila,
This is such a grand little party. That table and tea set is just the cutest and I so want to live in a plaid world too! I just don't want to wear plaid pants, makes my butt look big. LOL, can't wait for the rest of the story... Cindy

ellen b said...

Look at you doing your own three in one!! Good job. I love your friendship tea!! Blessings on you Sheila!!

bj said...

What a fabulous posting, Sheila, you shiny one, you! I love the tea set and...........................
I WANT SOME PLAID EGGS !!
xo bj

Cass @ That Old House said...

What an adorable tea party! I am ready to join the bunnies.

BTW I LOVE the three dancing bunnies at the top of the blog -- wherever did you get it? It just makes me smile to see it!
Cass

Beth at Aunties said...

It is a lovely tea set and at a great deal! A darling hobbit table, not a basket, who would have guessed!
I agree, Adelaide and all your friends are lucky to have a friend like you!:-) I hope all is well and DiDi is improving.

Bless your heart and I will be thinking about you,
Beth

Cheryl said...

Just darling. I've recently purchased some childs china dishes that I want to have a tea party with.... my 2 year old grandson is a bit "rough" just yet to have one though! lol

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Sheila,
I love your little tea set!!! I would love to be attending your sweet Easter tea party!!! Lucky bunnies!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Chandy said...

I love the triple post today Sheila! Your teaset is adorable! You just made me want to grab the teaset at Marshall's!

LADY JANE said...

Oh my Dear Shelia, Being the lovely blogfriend that I am I will gladly take some pressure off of you this week...I will be happy to take the beautiful tea set off your hands and host a little tea party for you...
Now you have that sweet bunny hop on over here with it...lol...my little bunny collection would be so honored to share in the new friendship!
Now if the whole tea set will not fit in the lovely little basket with embroidered flowers I truly understand...LOL...just wrap all the extra pieces carefully...I don't mind opening them seperately!
Now...since every surface of my house is covered with FABRIC for Faithful Frannie dolls I will be needing a sweet table to host your tea party on...your will do fine and look lovely in the corner at my house!
Oh and being the lovely friend to all blogland...I would love to give each of the guests a little gift...Neabear would love to have your blue bunnies from a previous post...
I would love to have a fluffy pillow for Bj to rest on...so send one of those(tea theme optional)
And please feel free to include ANYTHING on your lovely posts you know the girls would like! Oh and if you will...please send the lil' cabbage so the bunny does not get hungry on the way! Now...off with you to the post office and to help your friend....
Hugs and Much Silliness to you! Really I can hardly wait to see your tea!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

This makes my little heart go pittypat, Sheila! Wonderful post!!

Anonymous said...

Like those Easter eggs! I love plaid too Sheila, and have also ordered an Easter egg wreath from Lillian Vernon about 4-5 years ago :)

Anonymous said...

The coffee set is lovely. Mmmmmmmm coffee :-) Mr Bunny did well. That was the basket/table the blue bunnies were before :-)

That's a lot of colorful eggs you the in the basket. I wonder where the Easter bunny will hide them. :-)

Bo said...

Hi Sheila...You go right ahead and do what you need to do to help your friend...we'll be here waiting for Part II whenever you get to it! ;-) Bo

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

What a wonderful friend you are Sheila!

That table is too cool but my favorites are the tole cabbages....I want some! Happy 3 or More...can't wait to read the rest of your entertaining post.

Anonymous said...

I loved your post Sheila. Your china is absoutely beautiful. Thank you so much for partisipating in Tea and friendship Tuesday's.
My heart ♥ is with you today as you go out and help your friend. All of you are in my prayers. Love, Carol

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Sheila! Oh, you're such a good friend and you take the time to do what you need to.
I love our little tea party going on and will be looking forward to when you can show the rest.
Be a sweetie and take care,
Shelia ;)

Neabear said...

This is so cute and pretty. I love the Easter basket with the plaid eggs. So adorable. I am laughing at Lady Jane's commment. I guess I better go over there and help her take the pressure off of you. That way I could spend some time with those blue bunnies. They would love to be at my house with Helmi. How do I know? They whispered it Helmi in their magic language and Helmi translated that magic language into something I can understand.

You are such a good friend to your friend. She is lucky to have you for a special friend. Take care now and I will be looking forward to Part II.

The blog of MBW said...

What a super cute tea set! Happy
2nd Time Around Tuesday.

philben5 said...

Love the tea set... and the MUSIC!!
Happy Easter and Blessings
Roxanne @ Beverly Sandhills

jeanne said...

Dear Sheila, thank you so much for your many comments about Beth and our grandsons. Your kind words and prayers were so welcome and comforting. We are at peace but very sad to lose this special person. We are thankful she is not suffering anymore and has gone home to our Lord.

I love your tea set and the bargain. The eggs and basket are perfect together. I am sure the Easter Bunny made your party a huge success. I will be counting on the 'rest of the story' and photos.

Love and hugs to you as you go off helping your friends. You are the best!

Jeanne

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

That was like having a brand new issue of a magazine...such a pretty post, all the best to you!!!

Shaam said...

Hehe! I love your tea party! And that bunny looks adorable there! I really loved this post it was so cute :)

All the best,
Allison

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

What a lovely tea set! This post was great! So many wonderful things to see.

Anonymous said...

How very precious.I can feel how proud you are of this set.Congrsts and i hope you enjoy them for a long------time...Ann

~CC Catherine said...

Sweet Sheila, I love the Lillian Vernon plaid eggs! And the tea party is precious! Happy Three or More Tuesday! ;) ~CC Catherine

SmilingSally said...

I love, love, love those eggs! Now, if I could paint ....

Rue said...

Smiled like a Chesire cat.... I would have too! The set is GORGEOUS!

My thoughts and prayers are with you dear friend...

love to you,
rue

Lorrie said...

Sheila I'm so glad that you can be there for your friend and I know you'll be a blessing to her this week my dear.

Judi said...

Sheila
You have set up a lovely tea party...bunny included. Its a beautiful china pattern...very pretty.
The basket of eggs was such a sweet gift.
All the best with your friend..
have a lovely evening
Judi

Anonymous said...

That is one cute and fuzzy rabbit. I am sure it enjoyed having tea with such beautiful china.

Sue said...

Hi Shelia,
I loved your beautiful tea set! and meeting your friend. I hope all is well with your friend.
blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

no.i haven't seen that cockatiel,but thank you for telling me about him.i will look for him now.i just love people showing people how smart our babies are.tee hee...Ann

Rechelle ~Walnuthaven Cottage~ said...

What a sweet Easter Tea. Mr Bunny is the gracious host and I gotta say. I love the plaid Easter eggs too! I love plaid. So much so that my window treatments in the living and dining room are plaid. Drove hubby nuts at first, but thankfully he's gotten used to them. lol!
Enjoy your day and hope all is well with your friend.

claudie said...

Can't wait to see part 11 Mrs. Magpie. Hope all is well with your friend...you are a great friend indeed.
Love all of your precious tea sets.
Love Claudie
Happy Happy Easter
xoxox

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family have a blessed and beautiful Easter ♥

Andi said...

I love your beautiful tea set and the Bunny Tea Party! And your plaid eggs...awesome!

RobinfromCA said...

I LOVE your tea set! I only have one plaid egg but your whole basket full of them is so fun - Please tell me you've visited Scotland - land of plaid. I hope everything is well with your friend.

Robin

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so glad you all have enjoyed this post, and aye, I have visited and love Scotland! :-)

Thanks so much for your prayers for my friends. I have updated the information on DiDi. Bless you for all of your faithful prayers. We're at peace about things now...

XO,

Sheila

Blondie's Journal said...

Sheila,

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to come and comment. You are going through so much now with your friend Didi and yet you still find time to post! Please remember that she, Trish, you and all of her family & friends are in my prayers during this difficult time.

I so enjoyed your last few posts, so fun... and your tea party will not be missed!! The beautiful bunnies from your MIL are wonderful treasures because I know how much you adore blue!

I have been going crazy with scheduling our trip down south because I made the monumental mistake of booking hotels before flights and now our days have changed and all the hotel arrangements had to be changed! And of course I am getting Abby ready for her trip and a bunch of other things have cropped up. Nothing of course compares with your vigil so I won't complain.

I will be thinking of you... :-)

xoxo
Jane

Fifi Flowers said...

LOVE your tea set... and you have some lovely bunnies!
I read your Good Friday post too... nice to see someone passionate about religion... everyone is entitled to speak out... when did religion get to be a bad thing... good for you!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

I am soooooo jealous that you get to go to St. Augustine often!!

We had a condo at Tradewinds which was right on the beach and across the street from the intercoastal waterway. How many sunsets I watched there! Good times! My dad was originally from Gainesville, so those were his old stomping grounds! I told my husband the other day I wanted to go to St. Augustine. It is about 9 hours from us.

So glad I found your blog :)

Lou Cinda :)