For God so loved the world...
That He gave His only begotten Son...
That whosever believeth in Him should not perish...
But have everlasting life...
Hallelujah, He is risen! The Lord is risen indeed! Hallelujah! :-)
Easter blessings to You!
And for more Easter blessings, please click on the icon on my sidebar and join our gracious hosts Charlotte and Ginger along with their friends for Spiritual Sunday.
With all my love,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
In loving memory and grateful praise for the life of one of Heaven's newest residents, DiDi aka Mary, who went home to be with the Lord on Good Friday, April 10, 2009. She was 95 years young! Her son was there with the Lord to meet her (her son who over twenty-five years ago also died on Good Friday). Dearest sweet lady, you have given me a new respect for Easter and what it means to me as a Christian. You have also reminded me every time I was in your presence of what a mother's love is all about, not only from how much you love your own children and grandchildren, but from loving me and making me feel like I was your very own daughter. You will be missed more than you will ever know, but I rejoice that you are in a place where there is no more pain or suffering, only joy. Just know that when I grow up, I want to be just like you! I love you, DiDi, and I know with all certainty I will see you again, a fact for which I heartily thank the Savior! :-)
Thank you, too, dear friends for all of your prayers for DiDi, her family, and me. She had a peaceful passing surrounded by people who love her and was greeted on the other side by other people who love her, including our Lord and Savior. You will never know how much your prayers and thoughts were and are appreciated. God bless you one and all!




37 comments:
what a lovely tribute you have written for your loved one...
I'm sure she was so thankful to have you by her side!
have a wonderful weekend.
all my love,
chasity
Lovely words for a loving lady. I know you will miss her. God bless you.
What a beautiful post and wonderful tribute to your friend. Thank you for sharing it with us. You were both blessed with a wonderful friendship.
Happy Easter.
Charlotte
Hi Sheila,
The Lord bless you! What a lovely tribute to your friend. Really enjoyed the music accompaniment too. Have a blessed Easter.
Blessings,
Sandi
May the Lord hold DiDi close to His divine Heart on Easter Morning, Sheila. Many blessings to you and your family.
Hugs, Pat
Hi Shelia,
This is an awesome tribute to your wonderful friend Didi.! My sincere condolences to you and her family. Blessings,
Sue
Beautiful post and tribute!
Happy Easter sweet friend!
Sheila, your tribute to Mary is so touching. I am sorry for your loss of a dear person whom you loved. She must have been an amazing person and she lived a long and loving life to her friends and family. I only know this because of your sweet words about her.
Easter blessings to you and your loved ones.
Love and hugs...Jeanne
Sheila, you have my sincerest sympathy and heartfelt prayers in the loss of your beloved Didi. May your heart be comforted by knowing she is spending this glorious Easter in the presence of our Lord and her loved ones in Heaven.
With love,
Janie
Beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Have a happy Easter!
And because of of our Lord you will see your friend again.
God Bless,
Ginger
Sheila,
Words can't express my sadness for your loss. You have my deepest sympathy. You have shown such courage and kindness in keeping us posted on DiDi's condition and I somehow felt I had lost a friend of my own when I checked on you tonight.
Your words of tribute to this wonderful lady are just beautiful. I know you will miss her deeply and my thoughts and prayers are with you.
We will be leaving for Charleston tomorrow morning. I hope to have time to make a post once in awhile while I am there, just a few words and pictures if possible. It makes me a feel happy to know that I will be a little closer to St. Augustine when I think of you.
Have a blessed Easter Sheila.
All my love,
Jane
What a lovely post. Happy Easter...Kathy
Dearest Sheila,
What a beautiful and heartfelt tribute to a dear lady. I am deeply sorry she won't be able to wave to those who pass her way, and know she will be greatly missed by those loved she left behind.
She sounds like an extraordinary loving lady. What a gift it is to nurture and impart love and wisdom the way she shared with all of you. I am so glad she loved you like a daughter.
It sounds like she had a joyous reunion waiting for her with loved ones and is blessed to be with our Savior Jesus Christ on this Easter Sunday.
May I share with you a personal experience? It was close to Easter when I lost my dad at 61 yrs of age. The day before my dad passed away, my sister gave birth to her 5th stillborn baby. A little 8 lb baby boy they named Aaron. This sweet little bundle was laid to rest in a beautiful white blanket at the foot of my dad’s casket.
On each Easter, I imagine of how happy my dad is going to be on Resurrection day coming forth with this sweet baby in his arms.:) I have since lost this sweet oldest sister when she was 54 years old from brain cancer. Death isn’t a stranger in our family. Easter gives so much hope and I feel so much gratitude to my Savior. May you feel of His love and peace at this time.
With much love, deepest sympathy and prayers for this coming week,
Beth
I am so sorry for your loss. It is wonderful to hear that DiDi spent 95 years making the world a better place. You are lucky to have been touched by her time here.
Heppy Easter, Mrs. Magpie.
Sorry to hear about her passing, she left the earth at a peaceful and joyous holiday, full of reverence and memories!
Happy Easter!
Shelia,
For Didi life is just beginning...she is with her Lord and Savior. Her trails and tribulations are over and she walks the streets of gold in a healthy new body. So weep not for DiDi, we weep for ourselves because we have lost such a great and beautiful friend. So today I will rejoice in the beginning for Didi.
I know you will be able to rejoice after the sorrow has past.
Love,
Barbara
Beautiful Memorial to your dear one my Shelia! Your words are the sweetest tribute,she was deserving of a Risen Life in the arms of our Father. Today my Easter greetings are for you and your loved ones, those celebrating with you here on earth...and the special people that celebrate in the heavens that look down upon you and smile...and are all the fonder of life,of true love and friendship just from having shared a bit of their life with you! Blessings and Hugs!
"Where O Death, is now thy stine?" The song is perfect Sheila. Thanks for sharing. Happy Spiritual Sunday. I wish you a Blessed Easter as you celebrate our risen Lord.
So that is why the singing of the angels this morning is a little lovelier. May you be blessed of memories of your Didi.
Thank you for your sweet comments.
We will never be loved more. Happy Easter to you. Be blessed!
My words can never express what I want to say. Please know, Mrs. Magpie, that I wish for you peace in your sorrow, which I think you are finding.
Hugs,
Lisa
Sheila my dear friend. I wish I could just walk over and knock on your beautiful door with your beautiful wreath and give you a great big hug right now. Didi was blessed to have you Mrs. Magpie in her life also. I'm sure you brought her much joy as you bring us.
My mom is 90 and healthy, but I know one day that phone call will come. I love you, and I don't even really know you. One day I will come and knock on your door and truly hold you and squeeze you with the biggest bear hug you have ever had.I will plant my two cheek kisses upon your cheeks and sit with you and just talk. I want to listen to your stories and have a cup of iced tea with sugar please.
Happy Easter from one Catholic, I confess I'm not a practicing one :( to another. But I believe in God and say my prayers every night.
Love Claudie
xoxoxo
This must be a bittersweet time for you, dear Mag. Despite it all, you are rejoicing in Him and let me tell you that you ministered to me today. I love daisies and your pics are lovely. Have a good Easter Sunday!
Oh, my Dear One! What a beautiful tribute here for your friend. Hallelujah, we don't have to loose hope because of the assurance we have in Jesus that we'll see our loved ones again! How precious this is! I know you say how blessed you were to have her, but I know she felt blessed to have known you! To know you is to love you, sweet Sheilaness!
Be blessed, Dear One!
Shelia :)
Dear Sheila, what a sweet tribute for Didi, it brings tears to my eyes. It's wonderful to know what an awesome Easter she is having today. Happy Easter and love you~~
Hello, dear sweethearts! Happy Easter to each and every one of you! I'm preparing to retire, and it's not seven o'clock here. But it has been a lovely day. Going to try to get rest so that I can help Trish tomorrow.
I enjoyed reading all of your comments and have enjoyed visiting all your blogs, too. My visiting has been sketchy at best of late, and for that, I'm sorry because I enjoy reading what you have to say. I hope you understand that my time hasn't been my own of late.
And Claudie, dear one, while I have many, many Catholic friends and some relatives who are members of that denomination, I have to confess that I'm an Episcopalian. I hope you won't hold that against me. LOL! ;-) Actually, I grew up as a Presbyterian, but I went to VBS each summer with the Methodists and the Episcopalians and married one of the latter group. Some of our Jewish friends even went to Youth Group with us on Sunday evenings, so we were quite ecumenical! But my great grandmother was educated by the Sacred Heart nuns in Louisiana, and I have my French relatives (though they were Huegenots) on that same line. Just like America is a melting pot, my family was a bit of a stew! :-)
Oh, how I wish I could tell each of you in person how much I appreciate you, but I can't so I hope these words will suffice. You are so kind, and that is like balm to a sad heart. But because of this day, I'm not weeping as those who have no hope because I do have hope in the resurrection... and that is such a comfort!
Love to you!
XO,
Sheila :-)
And Beth, dear, thank you for sharing about your sister, her baby, and your dad. What a heart rending story, but so full of hope. And thank all of you for sharing your hearts. You are all so special to me. Wish I could hug you all!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Oh I am so sorry to learn of your dear friend DiDi's passing! What timing for both her and her son to die on Good Friday...the Lord is so in control of ALL situations isn't he. I am saddened for your loss though Sheila, and send lots of love and sympathy from across the miles.
I wish you and your family a blessed Easter today, and will be praying for you, and DiDi's family during this difficult time.
It's been awhile since I have been by to visit, so I have lots of catching up to do on your blog!
I'm so sorry I didn't get a hold of you when we were in Florida...the days flew by and I apologize! I do pray that the day will come when your readers can meet you and give you a big hug in person! (We need a Blogger reunion!)
Easter Blessings,
Denise :-)
Sheila,
Such a lovely tribute! I hope you had a happy Easter. I love your new blog look, you sure are creative! Cindy
Sheila
*tight hugs*
What a beautiful post.....
have a blessed day....
Judi
Oh Sheila...What a sweet post in memory of Didi. I know you must miss her very much! You and her family are in my prayers...hugs...Debbie
Beautiful tribute for a lovely lady. In answer to your question, yes I am Lutheran. My aunt played the organ for many years at St Francis Episcopal Church in San Francisco. I went there a few times to hear her play so I am aware that our services are similar.
As a therapist in a Skilled Nursing Facility we sometimes experience our patients dying there before they can go home. Three years ago there was a lady who was difficult sometimes. On Maundy Thursday, a pastor I know came to our facility. I stopped him and wondered why he was there. He had just given communion to that lady. I told him that I didn't know she was Lutheran. So I went to her and told her we had something in common, our faith. I remember her smiling at that thought. The next day, Good Friday, another therapist and I were trying to get her to sit up and transfer to her chair. She was a difficult transfer. We had barely gotten her transfered into her wheelchair and then she died. Right there in front of me. I was so stunned. The other therapist called for help stat and people came in and got her back in bed. It was too late to do CPR on her. Meanwhile I started to cry. I had never experienced a patient dying while I was working with them. The other therapist told me we were blessed. She had wanted to die and we were her angels that helped her to move to that level. We said the Lord's Prayer together at that point. That night at the Good Friday service I just lost it. I could not seem to stop crying. I have not experienced anything like that since then. It is really something to be with a patient right when they pass from this world to the next. Knowing she was a Lutheran as well, kind of made that experience special somehow.
Sorry for going on. But I found myself reflecting on that after reading your post about DiDi.
oh Sheila what a beautiful tribute to Didi, I am sorry for your loss, hugs, Kathy.
Oh sweet friend...What love....what love.. I feel just from your words about your precious loved one...what a beautiful testimony of her life and the love she had & shared with so many...I have no words that could possibly make the hurt and loss go away that you & her family are feeling right now...but I know as time goes by that God will fill that spot with more & more precious memories & joy of the love this dear woman brought to this world.
This is a glorious tribute sweetie..and I am humbled and ever thankful to have met you here in blogland...you are a true light...I love you girl!
Dear Sheila, I am so sorry to here about your friend DiDi. My heart and prayers are with you. DiDi was very blessed to have a dear friend like you.
Oh dear Sheila, I haven't been blogging nor visiting for quite a while. Though I do not know Mary (nice to know her name), but how you describe her and what a wonderful, sweet person she was - my heart aches with such passing. But as you said, with us just celebrating Easter, it gave us hope. And I think that is the most comforting words for the people who are dear to Mary (and to all of us). I may not know you (personally) or her family but my heart and thoughts I extend.
Carrying you in a very special place in my heart...........
Post a Comment