Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Blue Monday Bunnies


Today is Blue Monday at Smiling Sally's, and it's always fun when we get together and share our blues, proving once and for all that blue is a happy color as in blue skies or for me, blue bunnies! I want to thank Sally for always being such a gracious and fun hostess and let her know we love her! :-)

As you can tell, I've been playing with some of my bunny collection, and since we're sharing blue, I thought I would share these with you. The bunnies featured here were gifts from my MIL as she loves bunnies and spring decorations about as much as anyone I've ever met. I've had these for a long time, and they have hopped from place to place as we've moved about over the years...



Fishnet Bunny is similar in style to the Herend rabbits but a fraction of the cost which works for me! Notice how Teapot Bunny is eyeing her. Teapot Bunny is one of the older ones (older as in I've had him longer). He is quite the character with an expressive face [Note to Self: Has Teapot Bunny been watching Jim Carey movies?]...







Teapot bunny considers himself quite the lady's man, and he is an incorrigible flirt...



He's had a crush on Box Bunny for some time. Her sister lives at Professor Debbie's house, and Box Bunny has another relative I spotted somewhere hopping down the bunny trail last week...



But what Teapot Bunny doesn't realize is that Box Bunny considers herself the femme fatale of bunnydom...



Just look at that shapely figure...



And when she twitches that cute little nose...



The guys just don't have a chance...



Can you say, "Bunny in the headlights???"



I've enjoyed my bunnies and their escapades enormously...



They've been a lot of fun to have around the house...



They can be fairly well trained and cute...



Whether they are single...



Or in tandem...



And even though sometimes they find it hard to sit still [like the bunny in the foreground... doesn't he look like he's moving???]...



They make me smile...



And that, my friends, is all she wrote, which brings us to the end of our little blue bunny tale! ;-)



Thank you so much for visiting me here at my nest, and I look forward to visiting you at yours! Please feel free to join me over at Smiling Sally's where lots of Blue Monday participants have lots of great blueness to share with you!


Happy Blue Monday!

Quintessentially,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) :-)

P.S. All comments today count toward my blog drawing whose contents will be announced soooooooon. LOL! ;-)

58 comments:

{oc cottage} said...

Adorable!!!!!!

m ^..^

Barbara Jean said...

Cute bunnies,and story made me smile. =0))

Blessings,
Barbara Jean

PS Did you enter my giveaway yet??
Don't want you to miss out. =0)

Unknown said...

I love all of your little friends, and your narrative as well! Happy Blue Monday!

claudie said...

Dear Mrs. Magpie
Your bunnies are truly adorable. I was on my way to bed, and I just had to hop on over to see you.
I think your post is one of my fav's, and you know I LOVE bunnies...and you.
Love Claudie
xoxoxo

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

This part "And even though sometimes they find it hard to sit still" just made me laugh out loud!

Unknown said...

Cute post Shelia! I have one almost like one of your bunnies!

Shaam said...

Ohhhh my gosh those are the cutest bunnies I have ever seen! And! They look even more adorable in the basket!!

All the best,
Allison

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Sheila,
What a FABULOUS BUNNY TALE! You are just so creative and what can be better than all those cute blue and white bunnies. Have a Happy Monday, Cindy

Anonymous said...

I like the one that looks like it is sitting up on its hind paws. But all together, the entire community playing together makes for the best story.

b

Kat said...

These are so cute, and your little bunny tale made me grin this morning. Kathy (love the dancing bunnies in your header photo!)

Anonymous said...

Oh, Most Precious One! How cute is this! I love your bunnies sporting a hint of blue. I can see they are quite mischievous! Now these little cuties would not hit the spot as much if weren't for your wonderful telling of the bunny tale!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

akawest said...

Your bunnies are delightful!

Emily said...

I have a bunny just like the ones in the first picture!! I've had it for years. I purchased it at the china shop I work at in college.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sheila...There is my Box Bunny's sister!! I love your fishnet bunnies....so cute! And your teapot is adorable! But I couldn't take my eyes off of the tray...so adorable and unusual! Was the lettuce built in? I haven't seen anything like it! Beautiful Blue Monday post! Have a great week...hugs...Debbie

SmilingSally said...

I used to give one of these to my DiL every birthday for several years. I love them. Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.


Where did you get the lettuce?

LuLo Designs/Blue Eyed Tango said...

So cute....I enjoyed your blog...so happy! Lu

the wild raspberry said...

I sang this song the whole time I read your post {it's adapted from a veggietales song}

The Bunnies
The Bunnies
Oh, I love the Bunnies...
{you probably have to hear it to understand...} anyways- i love your bunnies.
Chasity

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Hey, sweet Sheila! Hope you are doing well this week. I have one blue & white bunny. Your's are adorable. Hugs from B'ham!

Susan said...

Awww ... loved these, especially since rabbits are my favorite animal. Thanks for sharing your blue bunnies!

Barb said...

Oh, I love your bunnies! I have one of those.

Happy Blue Monday!

Barb

Unknown said...

I LOVE the Herend rabbits but could never afford them, even one! As usual, your post is beautiful and I especially love that box bunny has solid blue ears!

Southern Lady said...

Roses are red,
Bunnies are blue ...

They're so sweet,
Just like YOU!

So cute, Sheila ... and your Palm Sunday post was so beautifully written it brought tears to my eyes. You should write a book, my friend.

Sincerely,

Janie

Sue said...

Hi Shelia,
These bunnies have captured my heart, I hope everyone clicked and got to look at them close-up. Thank you for sharing.
Blessing,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Your blue bunnies are adorable - and remind me of Blue Bunny icecream :)

♥ Kathy said...

Sheila you are so cute ♥ (and so are your bunnies :D) Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

I just love all of your stories :>) You have a very beautiful bunny collection. I love the white and blue. Happy Blue Monday!

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Your bunnies are so adorable and so is the tale that went along with them :-). I love your little cabbages too!
Hugs,
Penny

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila,

Ok, I know they're adorable and all, but do they really behave well? :-)

I'm fascinated with the teapot bunny. And I wanted to see all it's views. It's so cute to see the hole in his hands :-)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sheila,
Your bunnies are so adorable! You're quite the story teller! Happy Blue Monday!

Blessings,
Sandi

ellen b. said...

Good morning Sheila! I love all your sweet blue bunnies and the stories to go with them...

Beth at Aunties said...

Good Morning precious Shelia,
I enjoyed your fun bunny tales and escapades. I love they were gifts from your mother in Law who knows and loves you so well.
The basket with the lettuce in it is a pefect place for keeping all bunnies happy.
I enjoyed seeing each and everyone of your blue bunnies and getting to know the fun personalites! They are adorable.

Happy week to you!
♥♥♥'s
Beth

black eyed susans kitchen said...

As soon as I heard the bunny hop, I started laughing. Lovely collection of the bunnies, and thanks for making me giggle this morning.
♥, Susan

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Love your blue bunnies and the adorable song playing today, Sheila! Have a "hoppy" day!
Hugs, Pat

Mojo said...

Heh. I know somebody's gonna say it, night as well be me.

Hoppy Blue Monday!

Judi said...

Sheila
Happy Blue MOnday
Your bunnies are adorable. What a beautiful collection and they have their little lettuce patch too! How lucky are they.
Loved your story..
thank you for sharing
have a lovely day.
Oh please enter my name in your giveaway!
thank you
Judi

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I love your blue and white bunnies and I love Hallelujah playing in the background. Have a happy week!

Lynda said...

What an adorable collection of blue and white bunnies!

Happy Blue Monday!

Anonymous said...

Sheila,

What a lovely post. I love how you have photographed the bunnies.

Darlene said...

OK now I have to know....Just WHEN is the book coming out????? What a cute story you always weave. I LOVE all those blue/white bunnies.♥ Hope you are having a great Monday!!

LADY JANE said...

Blog Drawing????? Lol...is it for yards and yards and yards of fabric?
Count me in.......
Love the bunnies....what a lovely MIL .....
How is the dear Mr. Magpie?
I have not been able to access the internet alot lately...pleanty of scrolling down to older posts! Hoppy Spring and Hoppy Blue Monday!

Bo said...

Hi Sheila...your blue bunnies made me smile too...Mr. Teapot does have flirtatious eye...I think he winked at me once...LOL...I loved the mossy/grassy tray you featured them in & the gorgeous heads of lettuce too...surely they were ceramic...or those rascal rabbits would have devoured them. As always, your posts are so much FUN! ;-) Bo

Prairiegirl said...

nice. I collect bunnies too, I think 12 or 14 bunnies. some bunnies are brown, other two were tan, other one is white. some are cracking. I will post these but now they are outside on garden. Maybe tomorrow I will pictures them.

RobinfromCA said...

Love your Bunny Tales (and tails)! You fooled me. I would have sworn that Fishnet Bunny was Herend!

Happy Blue Monday!
Robin

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Both the bunnies and the story are cute☺

Happy Blue Monday, Sheila!

BECKY said...

Oh Sheila!! They make me smile, too!! I love that grassy tray they hang out on, too!! You have such flair my dear Mrs. Magpie!!

Have a joy-filled week! You bless us all!!
Hugs 'n joy,
Becky

Picket said...

They are beautiful girl...I love box bunny...she must be a Southern Belle! Oh and that basket tray thingy you have them in ohhhh I need one of those! Happy Blue Monday sweetie! ♥

Ruby said...

I like the tray with cabbage. Although what's a cabbage patch without a few bunnies. ?? You have some pretty ones. Cute story.
Ruby

Linda's Blue Gate said...

I adore those blue bunnies and the moss lined basket as well.... you really know how to delight your readers....
HUgs
Linda

Shirl said...

Hello and Happy Blue Monday! Beautiful post, I love your beautiful bunnies!
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Neabear said...

I love these bunnies! They would match my blue bowl. Ah Ha!! So that must be why you want my shiny blue bowl! To go with your shiny blue bunnies. I love how you have them displayed and with lettuce too. Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday. Also a have a Happy Easter. My week is going to get busy and it will be hard to visit everyone.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank you all SO much for visiting! I'm planning to get by to see your blueness. Lots and lots going on right now, so if I inadvertently miss visiting, please know I'm trying! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Neabear said...

Just wanted to let you know I did my Blue Monday on my craft blog yesterday because it was a crafty blue. Also made it a Met Monday post too. Because it was a metamorphis as well. Thanks for visiting me again!!

Lorrie said...

Sheila I just love your little "herd" of blue bunnies, they make me smile.

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Shiela - these bunnies are too darn cute!! Love them {who wouldn't?}

The Quintessential Magpie said...

SO glad you enjoyed them!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Rhondi said...

Hi Sheila
I want your bunnies!! They are so cute and would be very happy at my house with my bunnies. Maybe they can come and play sometime :)
Hugs, Rhondi

Bridget said...

Your bunny collection is divine!

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Sheila,
I know you're very busy, but I'm hoping you'll pop in and see that I stopped by to tell you I'm praying for you and miss the sunshine you radiate throughout the blogosphere!!

Although we haven't met in person, you have a place in my heart!! We live pretty close, so maybe one day we can do lunch or something!!

You can email me anytime at holidayinthesun_1@yahoo.com

Blessings to you, sweetie,
HUGS!!
Becky