Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Monday, April 13, 2009

A Tale of Time...



... of which there never seems to be enough. Oh, how I delight in taking the time to enjoy life's colorful moments...



With funny little bunnies who seem to be growing up...



Right before my very eyes...



But at least, for now, have a healthy respect for the Easter Bunny and childhood whimsy...



And oh, how I love having the time to savor my blogging friendships with each of you...



And I long to have the time to write some embarrassingly overdue special thanks for lovely blog presents and sweet blog awards that you were so generous and kind to bestow on me (I'm late, I'm late for that very important date!)...



I long to share a little chocolate (okay, a lot of chocolate)...



And be left with a partial, chocolate mustache (instead of a few unwanted pounds)...



And then suddenly, life happens, and some of our greatest joys seem to be dumped upside down...



And we need a little boost...



At times like these, it's important to let the ones you love know that some bunny loves them and that some bunny is there with a cup of cheer...



And that's where I am right now, friends. I need to be there -- shoulder and heart -- for a friend who has always been there for me. Being there involves being gone from home and gone from my blog for an extended period of time. There are things that have to be done that can't be done alone, and saying goodbye to someone you love with all your heart is something that requires the company of those who love you best. And it's an honor and a privilege for me to be there for a friend who is really more like family!



In the mean time, I will try and visit your blogs if I can, and when I can't, I will miss you.

I hope you will save a seat for me because I plan to be back with bells on, toting a basket filled with blog giveaway surprises (and no, the basket below is not the one; it belongs to a little funny bunny named Cecelia).

But something tells me you are going to like what I've found very, very much, and if you sign up again on this post, you triple your chances in the drawing! There are several prizes in this package already, and I'm just waiting to locate one more before I reveal what I found...



So until then, I remain...


Your devoted friend and fan,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) :-)

127 comments:

cherie said...

Ah, I will miss you. Your antics bring me to smile in this punky little corner of my world. Your seat is saved here with me. Have a bless visit, my prayers are with you.

Tra La La Boom De Ay said...

*blessed

Anonymous said...

I'll miss your stories Sheila. You are a wonderful person in every way.

April said...

Oh, Sheila, you have no idea how much you're going to be missed! Follow your heart, though, and take care of what needs to be done. We'll be praying for you every step of the way. God Bless You, sweet friend!

Darlene said...

Morning Sheila,

We will definitely miss you while you are away. My prayers are with you and your dear friend.♥

Southern Lady said...

My thoughts and prayers will be with you, Sheila, while you spend time with your loved ones. I know your sweet spirit and presence will be a blessing and comfort to them in their sorrow.

I'll miss you ... take care, my friend.

Sincerely,

Janie

Emily said...

What a sweet post this is and what a sweet friend you are. I'm sure your friend appreciates you greatly. Take care.

Lorrie said...

Oh Sheila, you will be greatly missed, but the most important thing is to be there for the people that you love most in life. You have my love and prayers during what is surely a difficult time.

Shell in your Pocket said...

What fun and all those eggs!!!!! I love that little chair in the corner...so cute!
sandy toe

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Hi Sheila...Take your time and do what you need to do. Just know that we will be here and our prayers will go with you!!..hugs..Debbie

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

I took off from visiting/commenting yesterday. I'm glad I stopped by this morning.

This post is amazingly beautiful. You are wonderful!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend and family. I'll miss you.

the wild raspberry said...

hope you had a blessed Easter weekend.
i miss you already...
all my love,
chasity

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your post and photos very much - especially the first one of the eggs on the bench. I got DD a basket of 63 colorful eggs and (as expected) they were a big hit. I also made a sunflower peep cake instead of chocolate :) CC looks like she had a lovely Easter! Take care dear.

Unknown said...

Great post and photos Sheila and they will be missed while you're away. Take care of yourself and those you love for it's all we really have in life.

xoxoxo
Jane

Unknown said...

Hi Shelia,
I understand completely. Sometimes we have to just establish our priorities.

I will miss you, and hope that you are able to minister to your friend. I know how much it will mean to her.
She will remain in my thoughts and prayers.
Diane

Denise K. said...

Good Morning Sheila! It looks like you enjoyed a wonderful Easter with such special little people in your life! I love how you show a story in such delightful ways! I too will miss you, but will be praying for you while you are away...thank you for always encouraging me too...I always feel cheered after reading comments and posts from you! Blessings to you today and always, Denise :-)

Neabear said...

I look forward to your posts whenever you have a chance to write one. Take care while you are busy. Love the pictures to go with this post. So cute!

jeanne said...

Sheila, You are a wonderful friend to people you love and that makes you special. Thank you for your sweet comment about my DIL and DIDI. I pray you are right.

Your post, as always, is adorable. Please do not fret about visiting your blogging friends. We will be here when your job is done. Bless you for being there for your friends.

I would be happy to be included in your surprise package give-a-way. I hope I am lucky. Actually I am lucky to have found you. BIG smile.

Hugs and love...Jeanne

SmilingSally said...

Your seat is saved.

Beth at Aunties said...

Sheila,

What a cute post with Cecelia, her brother and Bunny tales. These memory moments are precious and fleeting and we need to take them when we can get them.
I am so glad you can be there with Trish and her family. My thoughts are with you and take as long as you need. Please do not be concerned about visitng blogs, there are more important things to take care of.

When the time is right I would be honored to be included in your fun giveaway. For now just know my prayers and blessings are with you!

Bless your beautiful heart with peace and comfort.

Love, Beth

~CC Catherine said...

Sweet Sheila, You go with our blessings to the friend who needs you most., and we'll be here awaiting your return with bells on. I can tell you had a lovely Easter with family... You know that you have multiples of fans in blogland who will remain tried and true while we wait for your return! Take care., and hug your friend for me...Hugs & most of all PRAYERS go up for your friend and for the time you will be both blessed to be with one another. xoxoxo ~CC Catherine

Kathy said...

Sheila I have your seat and will be listening out for those bells my dear friend, a million hugs, Kathy.

gina said...

We will miss you and all your cute stories and posts. Do what a friend does (be there)and be back soon

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Shelia I will miss you girl..I hope your time off is blessed...prayers coming your way...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

akawest said...

Cute kids, and cake are such happy sights. Oh, those eggs are all so pretty.

Take care of yourself, not just others.

Hugs,
Bossy Lisa

Ms. Tee said...

Hey sweet Sheila~
What a cute post - your little friends are darlings. :)
Don't worry about being away, we understand! Have a safe trip, I'll be praying for you. Hugs! xoxo

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

There will always be a seat reserved for you at the table, my dear blog friend!

Love to you from the shore house,
Laura

Musings of A Minister said...

We all need a friend like you. Go with our blessings to do what you need to do. You will be missed but we will be looking for you to return as soon as possible...Thanks for dropping by and commenting on my post from Max Lucado. UNTIL....

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Sheila,
What a great friend you are and what beautiful children you have! Hurry back my friend, Cindy

Anonymous said...

Oh Sheila my heart is just broken for you. You will be missed here. Please take care of yourself during this difficult time. I will be praying for you and looking forward to the time when you are ready to return.

CJ said...

Such a beautiful post!!I loved it.

Love chaitra

supplies overflowing! said...

Oh Sheila,
I hope the next few days/weeks won't be too, too difficult, and what a sweet person/friend you are.
I will miss you, but will be here when you return.
Take care,
jenny

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Sheila!
I fully understand and feel we should never have to apologize for needing to take time away from our blogs as real life events mean so much and soemtimes require our complete attention! We will be here for you when you return dear one. Take all the time you need to comfort and support your friends. Take good care of your self too!
{{{Hugs}}} Pat

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Dear Sheila,
You have most heart filled post...... I am touched deeply each time I visit your endearing way of telling a sweet story....... I know you are a blessing to your friend..... like you are to us...
HUgs
Linda

Shaam said...

Do I spy with my little eye...Jim Shore bunnies!!! Cute! I love Jim Shore and have way too much of his things! Except...you know...too much is never enough! LOL I will miss your blog Sheila :( You are so generous!

I wish you, and your friend, all the best,
Allison

Anonymous said...

I love you and will miss you for just a little while and then you will be back. Big hugs.

It' an Evolution said...

You always keep me smiling...enjoy your time.
As always ...thank you for letting us be a part of your life.
Janet

Anonymous said...

Oh, Dear Sweetness! You just go and do what you need to do! I'll miss you but know you'll be a blessing!
Take care, Sheila, and we'll be here for you on your return!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Decor To Adore said...

I will be praying for you and your friend. May you continue to be a blessing to her. You will be missed.

Chandy said...

You will be welcomed back warmly when you are ready to come back. I'll miss you...

Beverly said...

Sheila, my heart and prayers are with you. I very well know what a heart-wrenching time this must be for you. You are doing God's work well.

Judi said...

Sheila
*hugs*
What a special post this is. We will miss you but we know you are doing what your heart and love for your friend requires.
You and your friend will be on my mind...
blessings
Judi

Beth at Aunties said...

Just checking back by to wish you well during this tender time...

♥♥♥'s
Beth

Tami said...

Just stopped in from Becky's blog Holiday In The Sun. Gorgeous blog! I will be praying for you and your friend both as you visit!
Off to look at more of your posts!

Hugs~T

Claudie said...

Oh there you are. I was just doing one last little post...I'm coming to Florida. My sister and I are driving..it's about a 24 hours straight through ride. We are going to try to get there in 3 days. My sister's son has to find a new home by the end of the month. He's 33 and I love him so much, but at times he needs a little help. Hopefully we will be able to buy him a little condo of his very own. It will be near the Fort Lauderdale/Pompano area. Oh I'm hoping to meet up with CC in Georgia and Deborah in N.C. even if it's just for a cup of tea. My fingers are crossed.
I love you Mrs. Magpie and only wish I could see you also.
For now
Love to you as always
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxox

Picket said...

Hey sweetie..how are you today? I have thought of you and your dear friend all week....that little tree you ask about is called a Fringe Tree...some folks call it Grancy Gray Beard....but my folks have always called it the Granddaddy Gray Beard..they actually grow wild in some parts of the woods but some nurseries sell them as little bushes....they are just glorious to look at and smell...thanks so much for coming by girl...that means so much to me cause I know how this has been a difficult time for you...take care dear friend...I sure do love you!♥

Donna said...

Missing you, Sheila. Keeping you in my thoughts.

Hugs,
Donna

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Shelia... Know that we will ALWAYS have a chair sitting out ready for you! Our prayers will be with you!
Karla & Karrie

Sue said...

Shelia,
You are certainly going to be missed, and I am so looking forward for your soon return, but I am not surprised that you would go and be there for your friend, You have been so inspiring to me as to what a person's life is like who follows the example of our Lord.
Blessings,
Sue

xinex said...

How lucky of your friend to have you at a time of need, Sheila! You will be terribly missed but take your time and take care of your friend who needs you....Christine

Daphine said...

Beautiful post as always! Praying for you and your precious friend! You are such a great friend indeed!

Love,
Daphine

david mcmahon said...

Hope you and the clan had a great Easter, Sheila.

I conquer time by pretending there are 30 hours in each day. I think it seems to be working!!

Rhonda said...

Well Sheila, how sweet was that?! You're already missed, but you are a dear friend...a true treasure to those you love. Bless you!

Rhonda said...

Well Sheila, how sweet was that?! You're already missed, but you are a dear friend...a true treasure to those you love. Bless you!

Barbara said...

Shelia, I understand completely, but you hall be misssed beyond words. If prayers are needed, you know without asking that we are all praying for you and your friend.
Hope your visit turns out good and your hurry home to us.

Charla @ For the Sake of TIme said...

Shelia, you will surely be missed by many of us. May God grant you peace as you make your decisions. Thank you for the time you have spent with others.

The Muse said...

When my hands are not idle, and my mind is a whirl...I ever and always will think of that girl...of my little gal magpie who giggles with glee...that friend in true spirit who has fun with me...
Love ya!

Southern Lady said...

Shelia, just a note to let you know I've been thinking about you, and have missed you.

I hope this finds you well and back with us soon, my friend.

Sincerely,

Janie

Karen said...

Such beautiful children and what fun memories. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Andi said...

Hi Mrs. Magpie! Loved the photos of your beautiful "funny bunnies"...they are lovely!

Looks like you had a special Easter.

I admire that you're there for your friend...that is so important and so wonderful to be a special friend like that who cares.

Drop by whenever you can. The blog door is always open.

Hugs, Andi

My Days with Daisy said...

I will sprnd the time while youu are away reading your old posts!xxoo

Femin Susan said...

We will miss you.You are a wonderful person in every way.
Cheers!

jeanne said...

Sheila, I am missing you. I hope all is well.

Hugs...Jeanne

claudie said...

OMG
We did go through St. Augustine on Sat. on the 95. We have been so tired and exhausted looking for a place for Corey..nothing goes fast around here.
I couldn't email you because I'm using my sister's computer.
I would love to see you but i think we will be going home on the 75. The 95 has soooo much construction
going North that is would delay us for many many hours.
Send me you phone # via my email @ claudie@frid.com
Big hugs and kisses
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo

maryanne420 said...

hi sheila,
i'd been gone from blogland for a while and i will be posting on my blog soon why.

anyhow, i hope that you and your friend are doing great. what a blessing you are to her.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank each and every one of you more than you will ever know. You are THE BEST! Sending much, much love to you. Missing you, too...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Melissa Lester said...

You are such a sweet and supportive friend, and we will be here when you return.

Beth at Aunties said...

Just a note to tell you I have been thinking about you and sending some love. I hope all went well with the funeral, with you and with Trish's family.

Love, Beth

Rue said...

Sheila... that was a beautiful post and the one before it a wonderful tribute. My heart is with you dear friend and I am so sorry for your loss.

love to you,
rue

Sara's Sweet Surprise said...

Take care, take time. Your blog friends will be here to welcome you back when your ready.

Sweet wishes,
Sara

jeanne said...

Hi Sheila. Thinking of you each day. I hope you are well and getting finished with your responsibility soon. Blessings and love to your friends who are very lucky you are there for them.

Hugs and xoxo, Jeanne

Beth at Aunties said...

It felt so warm to have you visit. It is amazing how much we come to care for those we have never met.
I understand and hope you take as long as you need. I am almost thinking this is a pleasant addiction in a way and I must curtail some of the time I spend checking in with friends on line so I don't neglect those around me. I need to find a happy medium.
So many thoughts are with you...my playful magpies cause me to think about you many times each day! Funny huh?
They are so hard to catch on camera. But soon.
It is Mr. B's b-day and he will soon be home so we can spend the day having fun.
Just know you are in my thoughts as you take this much needed time.

Love, Beth

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks again for your sweet comments. I am busy with business items today and will try to get by to visit everyone this week as time permits. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Picket said...

Ok girl...this is really been a long time for me to not hear from you....I have missed you...I just wanted to come by and say I was thinking of you early this morning...well ,it is almost daylight..lol but I do hope all is well for you dear friend...I sure do love ya girl~♥~

Sue said...

Hi Shelia,
Thanks for coming by and encouraging me now how are you doing, I hope all is well, I was just thinking about you today and when I got on my computer I saw you had visited, what a wonderful surprise,thank you so much. I am so looking forward to your posting.
Blessings,
Sue

The Muse said...

Dropping by to say hello! To wrap in you warmth of Christian love :)
:)Hoping all is getting better and that peace of spirit is washing over you dear Ms Magpie !

(By the way, Shelia :) Do you twitter, by any chance?)

Femin Susan said...

thanks for stopping by my blog!

supplies overflowing! said...

Hey Sheila,

I am so sorry you are feeling the pressure today.
I just went through my own little pile of papers that had been waiting for my attention, but I still have more on the kitchen table that will have to wait. I am just about to go out with the dog, and then I will be driving my mom somewhere.
Umm, your question about those limbs, and a way to enjoy working on that problem??
It is a totally gorgeous day outside? The air must be filled with the scent of blooming flowers. I don't know where your header photo came from, but that is the kind of day we have here.
Just breathe deeply, take your time, and marvel at the way those silly (or nasty) branches grew! Good luck! Have a wonderful weekend.
jenny

Unknown said...

So happy that I have you as a blogger friend and that you visited me. Hope things are going better for you but your presence at these needy times is valuable because you are a wonderful person cut out for the job. Visit again soon! Hope you had a blessed holiday! Your Blogger Friend, Rita

Fifi Flowers said...

ADORABLE post! LOVE the eggs... sooo pretty... and I would SOOOOO like to have a slice of that cake... yum!
ENJOY your weekend!
Fifi

Susan said...

Enjoy the "time off" - this computer can take up too much of our lives! I hope all is well with your friend. I LOVE the "American Girls" photo on your sidebar - such sweet girls with their dollies!

jeanne said...

Hi Sheila, are you home yet? Thank you for taking time to stop by. I do miss you. don't work too hard.

Hugs...Jeanne

Heidi Pocketbook said...

Sheila, I'm going to miss your blog and look forward to the day you'll be back.

How blessed your dear friend is that she has someone like you to help☺

bj said...

I've been missing you....

Anonymous said...

Sheila, What an amazing friend you are! I feel so lucky to have you stop by and visit my blog. It is a wonderful thing you are doing! I will stop back to check in on you! Sue

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

I too will miss you, all the best and take care of yourself, Chrissy

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Your doing what's important Sheila.Take your time. We will still be here waiting on you my friend . The children are cuties and I love your bunnies.

dana said...

What a gift from heaven you are to your friend. I'm certain you are the same to her. How would we get through life's roughest moments without the hand of God and the shoulders of our dearest friends? I have not been visiting blogs a lot either, Shelia, but just due to life's busy-ness and not because of being away, as you have been. I too feel the importance of my "blog friends" and really do not like it when my computer time becomes limited. However, we all have those periods when we must deal with those who are actually "physically present" in our daily lives or attend to the 'necessaries' of living--chores, trips, friends in need. You are a good person and a fabulous writer. I know your gift with words and your big heart will bring amazing levels of comfort to your dear friend. Dana

Anonymous said...

Dear Sheilaness! Just checking in and to tell you - I miss you! I hope you're able to enjoy your blog break a bit! I'm trying to keep your seat warm for you!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Oh Shelia...Thanks so much for coming by girl..I have missed you...I was just getting ready to put your picture on milk cartons and drag the river for you girl..May you have a great weekend my friend..Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Linda said...

You're missed but take care of your friend...I was just stpping in to say happy pink day and I enjoyed the photos of Easter and the story!

Linda

Barbara said...

Shelia, So wonderful to see your comments on my blog. I am wondering though about your dear friend and still praying for both of you.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

HI, Sheila, just stopping by to say hello. I'm always behind trying to visit my friends, but just know I'm still thinking about you even if I don't get by here often enough. Looks like Easter was a wonderful time. xoxo

Mim said...

Missing your posts.
Thinking of you while you are away.
Hope you are well.

david mcmahon said...

We wait (patiently) for more chocolate, Sheila!!

jeanne said...

Hi Sheila, I was so happy you found a moment to say hello. I hope all is well and that your life will be back to normal soon.

Love...Jeanne

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sheila,
Thanks for all your nice comments, you truly are a wonderful gal! I look forward to when you can post again. Have a great week my friend, Cindy

Beth at Aunties said...

Sheila,

I can't tell you how many times a day I think of you, with all the amusing magpies playing in our yard. They are such fast birds and I am having a hard time catching them on film..lol When I see them I have to already have my camera in hand and poised ready to click! I wonder if they are mating with all their funny antics going on.

I do hope you are feeling alright. I read on a blog that you haven't been feeling as well as you would like.
Here's a big hug and wishes for a quick return to great health!

Much love to you our favorite Magpie of all!

Beth

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Please stop by my blog and my Three or More Tuesday post.... I have an award for you..... Make sure you pick up the right award... I selected it just for you! Thanks! ~ Susan

Picket said...

Hello sweet friend....how on earth are you girl? I miss your great posts...hope all is well on your side of the mountain...I can't thankyou enough for taking the time to come by and for the sweet things you say....you are just a boost to my spirit girl! Have a great week...~♥~

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Prayers are with you and your friend! You are such a sweet soul, and will be missed. Look forward to your return! Blessings and hugs to you! ~Rhonda :)

Shaam said...

I have something for you at my blog. I know you are taking a break but I wanted to give it to you anyway! For when you come back LOL

All the best,
Allison

debbie said...

DEAR SHELIA,
YOU AND YOUR DEAR FRIEND ARE IN MY PRAYERS. HOW BLESSED SHE IS TO HAVE SUCH A FRIEND TO HOLD HER HAND THROUGH ONE OF THE MOST DIFFICULT JOURNEYS SHE WILL GO THROUGH AND HOW SAD THAT I KNOW YOU MUST REMEMBER THIS JOURNEY WITH YOUR PRECIOUS MOTHER. YOU WILL ALWAYS HAVE A SEAT ON MY LITTLE BLOG.
YOU ARE SO FUNNY, SWEET, AND CREATIVE. YOU ARE HIGHLY THOUGHT OFF IN THIS BLOGGIE WORLD. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FRIEND.
BLESSINGS
HUGS
debbie

jeanne said...

Sheila, thanks for your visit and sweet comment about my table. I am glad your are commenting a bit. I always love to hear from you. I am missing your fun posts too. Have a wonderful day.

Love and hugs...Jeanne

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

GM Shelia...girl thanks so much for coming by...Now I have worked hard on training Len..ha ha!! Shelia I have only been married for 3 years to Len..so he still minds me ha ha!! The cake dome was good that he brought home...but girl I wished you could see some of the junk that man brings home and I send him right back to the dumps with it..But it has been cute watching him bring home cheese keepers and then the cake dome thinking he found a cloche for me ha ha!! and girl I have 3 real cloche's in the house..he thought those were display cases ha ha!! Men have not a clue...But trust me I do get the LOOK when we are out looking at stuff and of course he gets it right back..only mines says "be nice" or no dinner...May you have a great day my friend...thanks again...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

RobinfromCA said...

I've been a very busy "real lifer" lately and haven't made it around to many blogs so just now saw this. I'm so sad for the sorrow you've had to pass through. Everyone needs a true friend like you. I look forward to your return.

Robin

Anonymous said...

Just dropping by to say hi. Do you have any of that chocolate cake left? Thinking of you!

Picket said...

Hey dear friend..just wanted to come by and say I was thinking of you tonight...I have painted the bedroom today....just took the tape off! lol I hope you have had a glorious day on your side of the mountain ~♥~

Daphine said...

Hey friend!
Just stopping by to say "hello".
Miss you, but totally understand break time...I've needed it too, tis the reason I have stopped posting everyday.

Pray that you're having a good week so far!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
I am just catching up with your blog today. I wondered why I hadn't seen any posts from you since I returned from our trip.
This is a lovely post. I miss you.
Love & prayers
Lindsay
x

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear Sheilaness! I'm just popping in to check on you! I miss you and hope you're doing okay!
be a sweetie,
shelia :)

supplies overflowing! said...

Just saying hello!
Be well.
jenny

Linda's Blue Gate said...

Hi Sheila, Thank you for your kind words about my exciting news..... my blog link has changed....yikes.

http://web.me.com/lindasbluegate/web.me.com_lindasbluegate/Bluegate_Blog/Bluegate_Blog.html

HUgs
Linda

kymber said...

((Sheila))
You never cease to amaze me with the love that you have to give to everyone that you care about. We all here in blogland have been deeply touched by that love. Take all of the time that you need to spend with your friend in need. I am sure that you will be greatly appreciated by her/him as you are appreciated here. We will be here waiting for you when you return. I hope and pray that your friend finds the comfort and healing that she/he needs at this difficult time
Blessings to you my friend,
Kymber

Sue said...

Hello, My dear friend,
I sure miss reading your post, and wanted you to know how much you are missed, but understand so completely. I dearly hope all is going well. Blessings,
Sue

Daisy Cottage said...

((((Sheila))))
You are such a loving sweet soul and I'm sure your friend is finding great comfort in you. We miss you but will be here for you when you get back. Take care dear friend - we love you!
xo,
Kim

Beth at Aunties said...

Sheila,

You are so amazing with all the love and genuine care I see you leaving your friends.
I saw also you still aren't feeling well and are going to a Naturepath. Going Natural was how my sister was able to stay alive so long after her brain surgery and with cancer. The neurosurgeons gave up on her... after radiation.

Bless your sweet heart, just know I care about you and I hope you will soon be feeling much better. You fun posts are missed, but more than your creative and whimsical talents, just knowing you are alright is most important!

Hugs,
Beth~♥

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank all of you so much for your sweet comments and concern. I really am fine. Just a little tired from all sorts of things going on (it's a very busy time in addition to my friend's situation), and I am a little past my annual check up. Beth, I go to a traditional MD in-state and a naturopath out-of-state. I'm just past due for my annual which is one reason I will be out of touch after all of my meetings that are taking place next week because I will be traveling out of state to take care of that. Then when I return, I am slated to testify in a trial (I'm going to be a character witness for my wonderful carpenter who is involved as a plantiff in some legal action), so all sorts of things are going on right now. The trial is slated for June, and unless they settle, it looks like it's going to be a go.

In the mean time our house looks like bombs went off, and if I took a picture of what this room looks like, you wouldn't believe it. LOL! It is very, very scary. Morticia Addams, move over scary!

I haven't had a chance to get my thoughts together long enough to compose anything creative, so I'm just enjoying all of your blog posts as I always do. As soon as I can clear the cobwebs from my brain and carve out some time, I will be posting again on this blog. I haven't abandonned ship... just placed it in drydock for some repairs. ;-)

Thanks again for all the love notes. I spent most of today trying to get my car out of the shop and then helping Trish with some things later. She's trying to get a job, and there are many pressing issues for her. I'm wrapping up my volunteer work for the year, and then I'm home free there... but there are end of the year reports to do, banquets to attend, speeches to make, meetings to run, etc. And I have to call over 100 people if I can't find out who lost a pair of glasses at a party.

Please don't give up on me. Life just gets in the way of fun sometimes. :-) But I'm well and happy...

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

P.S. You all are THE BEST!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR SHEILA,
I HAVE A LADYBUG AWARD...YOU MAKE MY HEART SMILE AWARD WAITING FOR YOU ON MY BLOG.
YOU ARE SUCH A CARING LADY AND THIS LITTLE LADYBUG JUST WANTED TO COME SEE YOU.
BLESSINGS
HUG
debbie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks so much, Debbie! I'll be right over...

XO,

Sheila

The Muse said...

Hugging you... (can you tell) ? xo

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I do, indeed, my dear Muse, and I'm sending blog hugs right back to you!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Muse said...

One little muse...
Arrived today...
Admiring a magpie...
Who had come to play...!
xoxox

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day

Big, big hugs

Kathy said...

Good morning Sheila, just popped by to say hello, many hugs, Kathy.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hugs right back to you girls -- Kathy, Patti, and Musey! :-)

Love you all...

XO,

Sheila :-)