
It's Blue Monday, and I'm always happy to see this day roll around because it means that I get to participate in a fun blog event over at my friend Smiling Sally's blog. And today, I'd like to begin by asking you a question:
Don't you just love it when you receive a present that you know is going to be wonderful...
And when you open that present...
It far exceeds...
Even your grandest expectations...
It's sweeter even than the icing on the wonderful cupcakes your grandmother made you when you were small...
Well, that's what happened the other day when I went to lunch with my favorite blue lady, Smiling Sally. And you better believe we had a great time at Mimi's Cafe! Of course, we just had to take pictures for you. Yes, we did! ;-)
Here's the hostess with the mostest who soon found out what blogs are all about, and there's even some blue in the curtain above her head, not to mention the blue window...
There was a hen here (wait a minute, that's a rooster, OOPS!)...
A rooster there...
I believe I even spy a speck of blue in his tail feathers if I squint hard...
Sally of course came bearing gifts, and I received a wonderful book for which I cannot thank her enough...
And as we ate...
And drank...
And laughed...
And shared...
The hours ticked away as if they were mere minutes...
And something amazing happened. I realized that I was in the presence of a truly remarkable lady who is so very humble, but who enriched my life in one afternoon more than some people have in a lifetime...
So I find myself awed and hence a little short on words to describe just how much I admire Sally...
For everything in life she has accomplished...
But even more so for the compassionate, amazingly loving and unselfish person she is on the inside...
And I can tell you that she smiles...
A lot...
And I can tell you that she won my heart as a forever friend, not that she hadn't already...
I can also tell you that some day, Heaven is going to be a far more wonderful place with Sally around, and I want to roost right next door to her if the line isn't already too long for roosting there. It's like the little song by Mister Rogers says:
I have always wanted to have a neighbor just like you,
I've always wanted to live in a neighborhood with you,
So let's make the most of this beautiful day,
Since we're together we might as well say.
Would you be mine, could you be mine,
Won't you be my neighbor,
Won't you please, won't you please,
Please won't you be my neighbor...
So with that, I would encourage each of you to get to know Sally better, along with a host of her friends, by visiting Sally's blog on this beautiful Blue Monday. Let me assure you from first hand knowledge, you will be SO glad you did! I know I am because Sally's friendship is a gift I cherish! Matter of fact, I'll be popping right on over, and I hope you'll join me there, by clicking here .
Thanks so much for visiting my nest today, and I eagerly look forward to visiting you at yours, neighbor! :-)
Happy Blue Monday...
XO,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila) who really did haul those flowers in that blue vase into a restaurant! ;-)




77 comments:
Hi Sheila. I just read Sally's post about your lunch together. She had a great post and yours is equally nice. I'm so glad you got to meet in person. Meeting other bloggers is something special. I so enjoyed meeting other Arizona bloggers back in the summer.
Happy Blue Monday.
Charlotte
Looks like you both enjoyed all the poultry, from chicken Caesar salad to lamps to fuzzy chicks!
Oh Shelia Sally is indeed a winner and also one of my very frist follower and really made me welcome in Bloggerville...I'm so glad Daughter that you got to spend the time with a wonderful lady that is so well loved in blog land...Great post my friend...Thanks for coming by and seein my silly little pine cones...wished I could reallt do a Met Monday like so many of the great gals do with redoing furniture but I won't paint my antique pieces...My grand daughter came over yesterday to make tassels with me and she just loved that spoon..Of course she wanted it ha ha!! Told her I would have to be on heavy drugs to even think about that ha ha!! Love ya girl...Many blessings to to today and every day....Hugs and smiles Your Ca. Mama
Yes Mrs. Magpie, what a wonderful world. I was just at Sally's blog. She also had wonderful things to say about you! Is it any wonder we all found each other?
I was really hoping for a photo, but to my dismay, none. I just knew it. shhhhhhh
Those little yellow chicks were having way too much fun.
So glad you enjoyed your visit with "the" Smiling Sally.
Happy Blue Monday my dear friend.
That will be us soon enough right??
Oh you never told me Mr. Magpie made stamps? Cool.
Love You
Love Claudie
xoxoxo
Oh love your header.
Oh I forgot... you didn't eat your croutons? Why didn't you feed them to the birds LOL
xoxoxo
What a special post.
I've seen the other part of the fun at Sally's.. Great one!
MY Blue Monday Fun
what a joyful post!
thank you!
I'm not at all sure that I recognize this wonderfulperson you just described.
I think you were looking into a mirror when you came up with this description.
Thanks, friend.
Well I'm so glad I stopped by your nest too! How great for you to meet Sally and to live close by! It looks like you both had a wonderful time together! Glad you both got the chance to do this. Your pictures are wonderful and the gifts you both shared are beautiful. Hope you have a great Blue Monday and enjoy your week! Sherri : )
I have never experienced meeting a blogger hehehe so I can feel the excitement and fun that both of you have shared!
My Blue Monday contribution
Hi Sheila, what a great new friend you have now for life..I love meeting our blogging friends in person..too sad that we all don't live close by each other..you are a kind and warmhearted friend..have a good Blue Monday... hugs, Baba
It was fascinating reading the two accounts. Did you promise not to publish photos of each other, I wonder! I'm sure this will be the first of many such meetings.
Sounds like such a wonderful lunch! So nice that you finally got to me Sally and she was every thing plus more then you expected.
Love the fuzzy chicken...so cute!
Hi Sheila!
I am so glad you and Sally had such a wonderful time together for lunch! It's so amazing how we can stumble across such fantastic people via our little blogging world!
Have a wonderful Blue Monday!
Hi Sheila,
This is so beautiful! What a lovely tribute to Sally but when do we get to see the pics of you two together? Just wondering. I am sure they would be beautiful! Loving the restaurant, and wishing I could be there too! Between you and Debbie @ Plate Addict I am so ready to hop a plane to Florida! Hugs and Happy Blue Monday to you! Cindy
Hi Sheila! What a wonderful day you had. I'm so happy that you got to meet and had such a fun talk. But no pictures of you two? Darn, I meant to bribe that hostess! It really is amazing how close you can become to someone you've met blogging. And I love your post, you are such a sweet friend. I'll pop over and read Sally's post. Hugs, Kathy (BTW, I just found out that you can rent CHOPS on Netflix)
It sounds like you had such a special day with such a special friend!
I love hearing how people bond through blogging!
This post made me smile.
I'm off to visit your friend now!
Love to you!, Eileen
What a wonderful time the two of you had! The chicks are adorable. Good post!
Carol
What a sweet post!!! I just read Sally's post and couldn't wait to find yours too!! I actually look foward to Monday's... BLUE MONDAY'S that is!! Have a GREAT week!!
Hi Sheila, I really enjoyed your post! It looks and sounds like you two had a great time!
Happy Blue Monday!
p.s. I am new to your blog and am enjoying it too!
I was hoping you would post about your lunch with Sally. Both of you are my favorite people and I wish we were all neighbors!!
This is the sweetest post. Now I have to run to see Sally's. And by the way, I LOVE the spider mums!!
xoxo
Janie
I just knew y'all would have a wonderful time meeting each other and lunching. What a fun time!!!! How neat to actually get to meet your blogging friend.♥
How grand that you guys really resonated! It's not often when you actually meet someone for the first time that you find a soul mate. I'm off to read Sally's post about your lunch.
This looked like a wonderful day! I still love those spider mums. It is so wonderful that we can forge friendships out of our blogs.
Susan
This post is very joyful and nice to see two friends having a great time and more. Thanks for posting, and love all that poultry.
This post is enough to make me jealous, Sheila! How wonderful that you and Sally met in person. I know how exciting that could be. Where in FL is Mimi's Cafe? What a neat and quaint restaurant! I hope I get to meet you two in one of my FL trips someday. Beautiful gifts you both received!..Christine
What a sweet post! It warms my heart to hear the wonderful fun and friendship you and Sally shared over a yummy lunch in such a delightful place. Happiness is friends!
wow, that's just delightful. thanks for sharing. i am straight up delighted to read this!
hapy blue monday.
take care, and although the flowers are yellow, i think they are the prettiest things i've seen all morning. quite lovely.
Hi Sheila
You are right friendships are a truly magnificent gift. And it sounds like yours and Sallys will last a lifetime and beyond.
Enjoy your day!
Leann
What fun for you ladies to get together for lunch!! Enjoyed looking at both of your posts. Funny to see similiar pictures from a different angle. I am hoping to get a Blue post about a restaurant up today too. I better get to it.
~Linnea
I bet you girls had the most amazing time chatting the day away! Sally is a special one...and so are YOU! I'm off to read Sally's take on your day together! Have a super day, my friend!
Sheila and Sally, I shoulda been there too! My name is Charlene. The Shh, Saa, Cha sounds of our names would have bonded us for sure. Is there a place to meet for lunch that does Karaoke? If none of us sing well (I know I don't!) we could be back up singers like the golden age of Motown. :-D
What a blessing. Thanks for sharing.
For all the bad stuff we all KNOW is on the internet, isn't it lovely that the blogosphere is allowing us to "take it back" and use it for GOOD!!! As we flood the bloggy world with good things, great people, and expressions of kindness we can all enjoy it!
Blessings.
Ah Sheila, what a wonderful post! I know you two had just the best time together. It sounds like you have a 'forever friend' in Sally. Think of it... what wonderful friends we have met and will meet through our blogs!
I am smiling just thinking of your lunch together!
xo
Claudia
I truly enjoyed the outing with you and Sally. Between you both, I feel as though I was right there with you. You did a very nice job, and glad you shared some wonderful time with a wonderful lady.
I just want you to know, I was lost in the music and your lovely vignettes, and when I came upon the image of "and laughed", it did make me laugh out loud. The magic of your illustrated storytelling always makes me feel that childlike squeal you felt when being read to as a child. What a joyful Blue Monday post.
Karen
I've always thought there was an invisible magnet that draws folks to each other. The "magnet" seems to know how we should be paired. I love stories of friendship, new or old, so of course I was pulled here today. What a fantastic day this must have been for you both. Oh...I thought the flowers and the vase were a lovely touch. Have a great Blue Monday.
aww thats a lovely post and the photos are great! but both of you failed to include your own photos :) thats the only thing missin ;) i was hoping to see that wonderful photos of you guys!
u may view mine if u have time
Hello Sheila, your day with Sally just makes me smile and laugh. I know you both had a grand time together. I love Mimi's too. they are always gracious and the food is sooo good. They decorate in a lovely way too. I know they didn't care that you brought flowers in for Sally. Your photos are grand and I wish I could have been there too.
Just a note about Cafe Rel in Franklin Sheila. You must call to see if they are open on the day you may want to go there. Richard is known to close sometimes without notice. This is a mom and pop Cafe. I am so sad we will not get to meet. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving in the mountains.
Hugs, Jeanne
Hey Sheila, thank you for sharing your heart warming afternoon spent with a girlfriend - bliss - off to visit Sally's blog. xo Julie
what a HAPPY, HAPPY POST.
HAPPY BLUE MONDAY :)
Dear Sheila, You couldn't be more right about Sally. she is a wonderful gal ♥ I knew it the first time I started blogging with her. I feel that way about you too ♥ I'll bet the two of you had so much fun together. I wish I could have been a little bird there. I know you most likely had your waitress in stitches. I'm so happy you got togther. It looks like you both had a wonderful and fun filled afternoon.
Oh Sheila
What a wonderful post to say friendships are a wonderful and special thing.Your lunch together not only looked delicious but fun too!
Heart warming post...
Blessings Gracie
It sounds like the two of you had a great time together! How wonderful!
Happy Blue Monday!
Robin
Oh it looks like you both had a wonderful lunch. It's such fun to get together like that.
What a delightful post! It looks like such a special time together too.
Oh, you two should have a giant photo on this post!!! Yeah, just trying to start trouble...
It was wonderful to read about your lovely lunch. Leave it to you, to get some lovely shots of food. The lemon photo is my favorite. The blue plate and those lemons looks very interesting. On the other hand, the croutons look nice against the orange.
Enjoy your book!
Hi Sheila
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your lunch together and that you had so much fun chatting. Sally sounds a very special person, I am so pleased you managed to meet up.
Lindsay
x
What a lovely tribute! guess you two had a great time,blogland is a friendly place.But I was expecting a pic of the both of you...
Very generous gifts,beautiful!Happy blue monday.
What a fun way to meet a new friend!!
Sally's fun post was delightful!
I had to come visit you myself !!
Your blog is wonderful I will be back for more,if Sally says your wonderful then it must be so!
Diane
PS My last name means Magpie in Ukrainian ~Copoka~ We have the English version of that word.Can you guess what it is?
Sheila, beautiful post about a beautiful lunch with a dear friend. How wonderful that the two of you got together. I'm sure there will be many such times ahead of you. How lucky you two are! Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah
Awww! I bet y'all had so much fun!
Sounds like a beautiful day...not blue at all! :-) I lovvveee meeting other bloggers...I feel like we have a built-in connection, and every time I meet someone it's as if I've known them for years. I love that!
P.S. The spider mums look so fabulous in that vase. I love the impact those flowers make...I tend to pick them up at the store as a little "pick-me-up" every now and again. :-)
Laura
xoxox
I came from Ms. Sally blog headed to your Ms. Sheila as I read in her post the great, fun day you had at Mimi's Cafe. Im sure lots og blogger are jealous of the opportunity to meet other nice, lovely bloggers like you two. Looks like you both enjoyed each others company, and shared same interest like blogging, photography and more. I was imagining when both of you so busy taking pictures of the rooster, the blue and everything, it made me smile.
Both of you are awesome, and very nice person. Thanks for sharing this fantastic story of your meetings.
I am so happy for you that you can meet in real life.
And for me too, I do not drink coffee do not like it but love hot chocolate.
MB
Won't you be, won't you be...my neighbor? I so remember that from when my girls were small and Mr. Rogers was singing. I'm so glad you two had such a delightful time. Blogging friends are absolutely the best!
Brenda
Hello Sheila, Happy Blue Monday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your blue post this week, it looks like you and Sally had a wonderful day! How sweet that you two got to meet. I enjoyed your post and her's so much. Such a wonderful treat to meet a blogging friend. My daughter and I got to meet a blogging friend of ours last year and we treasure those memories.
Have a great week.
Blessings to ya! Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
awww... that sounded so nice. I hope I get to meet one of my blogger friends in person someday. Sigh.. some day. =)
what a lovely post about your friend Sally....I too have been grateful to find such wonderful new friends through blogging...it is one of the best things I have ever done by starting a blog...thank you for sharing...
Meeting bloggers in person is the most fun. Glad you and Sally could meet for lunch and hope you get to do it again.
Joyce
(((Sheila)))
What a wonderful precious lunch you and Sally shared. I am sure your time together was treasured by the second. And of course when it comes to sharing with us you do that SO genuinely and I treasure reading each word that you so eloquently write.
Much love to you friend.
xo,
Kim
Hi! I love blu so much!
cute post!
xoxo
How wonderful that the two of you shared this special time together. A special meeting for two special ladies.
Life is good.
Wow, what a delight to meet a favorite blogger in person!
A lovely post, Sheila. A friend is a treasure indeed.
Oh what a fun afternoon you spent together! Thank you for such a lovely recap of such a special outing! I will be sure and check out Sally's blog...I haven't visited before...sending lots of love to you this evening Mrs. Magpie! :-)
Sweet Sheila...
Oh my goodness....I'm so happy you had such an awesome time. I've always loved to go see Sally......and now I love her even more.....Thanks so much for sharing her! :-)
Huggies and lovies,
S
Sheila, Thanks for stopping by, glad my blog was enjoyed by those that did. I love MArtha, and wish she would come to my Thanksgiving for real, of course only after I had a cleaning crew come in for a week!!! LOL
What a wonderful post, and Sally sounds like a wonderful person, I am heading to her blog now! Thanks for sharing, Sue
Hi Sheila,
Wow! It must be so nice to finally put a face to the beautiful words that we read on her blog! Sounds like she is a true gem. I am always amazed my friend at the love that I feel coming out of your words! You have a HUGE heart and I feel it jump off the screen everytime you write. God has made you such an incredibly loving person and I am so glad for the privilige of knowing you - even if it is only through blogland. I hope to meet you in person one day - if not in this life - We will sing praises together to our Lord in Heaven one day - I just know it!
((Hugs to you))
Kymber
got an award for u sis.. check my site!
http://mizhelle.blogspot.com
I think it is just wonderful about you two getting together for lunch. Both your posts are great. I told her...I was dissapointed that you two didn't have your pics made together, tho!! :O(
All the gifts to ea other were wonderful...I am so glad ya'll had such a good time...
Miss Shelia~ That gorgeous vase was worth lugging anywhere! What a wonderful way to spend an afternoon...with a dear friend, delicious food and conversation.
I look forward to visiting Sally's neighborhood. I adore meeting new friends.
sweet wishes,
Sara
P.S. My sis and hubby ventured to Knotts Berry Farm (for their tribute to Veterans day). The first thing I asked..."was the miniature museum still there?"
Have you seen the mini iPod earings at...
Miss Saucy's blog-
http://www.saucysprinkles.com/ She loves minis too.
SO cute! You had fun at Mimi's! I've never been, I should try it! I love that sweet little cupcake you threw in there!
Hugs, Lisa
i too have passed away many an hour over lunch at mimis with friends! are they the best, i just love friends!
Thanks for sharing your special lunch with us. Sally sounds a wonderful person and a great friend! :)
Aren't friends wonderful! What a special lunch! And Mimi's Cafe looks so cute! I'm heading over to Sally's right now to check out her blog. Patti
Post a Comment