Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Friday, November 6, 2009

It's Pink Saturday and I Spy An Older-Than-Dirt-Birthday Giveaway Winner!



It's Pink Saturday at our dear Beverly's blog, How Sweet The Sound, and I thought this would be the perfect time to announce the winner of my Older-Than-Dirt Birthday Giveaway. I've enlisted Mr. Elephant here as my able assistant...



If you're wondering what he's hanging around on and you guessed a bag...



Then you guessed correctly...



And if you're wondering what's inside the bag...



That would be names, around 200 to be exact...



Mr. Elephant has volunteered to climb down in there and come out with a winner...



While we wait...



And wait...



And apparently wait...



YooHoo, Mr. Elephant are you going to come out, or are we going to have to send search and rescue in there after you??? [You know, he could be lost among all those names in the bag. I killed a forest doing this!]...



At last, I hear the rustle of paper, and now I see his eyes sparkling with glee...



For the winner is none other than one of our very own Pinkies! But I'm going to hold you in suspense a little while longer while I describe some of the things I know about this winner from reading her blog (I read it front to back in an effort to get to know her)...



After the winner's name was drawn, I had to investigate and try to determine the types of things she likes so I could go on a shopping spree. This one lasted nearly two months. LOL! ;-) I discovered a lot of things in my snooping. It's not surprising that a Pinky would love pink being a Pinky and all, but she also loves hints of blue along with roses and china. She has a world of teacups and teapots, so I figured I would mix it up a little. When I found this little hand-painted Nippon bowl, I thought it would be perfect for her...



She can use it for waste bags for her tea or as a candy dish or for soaps in her bathroom or just to sit around and look sweet....



And if you look closely at the photographs, the floral bouquets are each inside a golden heart...



Those remind me of her because she is all heart...



She's a girl who likes hankies, too, so I found her one with pink flowers and the requisite pale blue...



And one with the handwork she admires...



I think this is tatting on the edge (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)...



And a pair with some handwork on the bottoms of each, a pair that she and her daughter might opt to use as tea napkins when they have their tea time together...



Then I found a whole bunch of cute antique postcards which are something else she collects...



I tried to settle on some with pink accents...



And some with cute cottages (and pink roses, her favorites)...



Because she loves to nest in her very own rose-filled cottage...



Then I picked ones with sweet sentiments...



Because it's oh, so important to give "huggies and lovies" as this person does in every post on her blog...



Then, I went out shopping again (okay, it's hard work but some one's gotta do it!), and when I saw this little fellow I had to buy him for her. You see, he bears a striking resemblance to another little fellow who is the apple of his grandmother's eye...



That same little fellow just happens to love elephants...



Just like this little cutie does...



This one's made by Lori Mitchell...



And while he is sporting blue striped pajamas...



He has some mighty pink cheeks...



I'm hoping that every time our winner sees this little angel she will be reminded of her own little angel boy and smile...



It is also my fondest hope that when our Pinky friend sees the hearts on this little keepsake bowl, she will remember that her mother's love continues to shine across space and distance and will continue to comfort her always, until they are one day reunited in Heaven...



You see, this person started her blog in an effort to cope with the loss of her precious mother, and she feels that all of the friends she has made in the Land of Blog have helped to heal her heart. I think that's something we all share as bloggers, the ability to shine the light of love into each others' lives. I know how I have been blessed by all of you. So, I hope that this dearest Pinky enjoys these gifts and continues to shine her own sunny personality throughout the Land of Blog. She makes it a much brighter place to be! :-)

Now, if you haven't guessed who it is, then I'm going to call on Mr. Elephant to let you in on our little secret...



Come on in a little closer, Mr. Elephant, so we can all see that the winner is none other than Spencer of Bellamere Cottage! Congratulations, Spencer! :-) :-) :-) Oh, and Spencer, there are some little surprises tucked in with these gifts because there should always be some fun surprises in life! ;-) And for the rest of you, if you haven't met Spencer, you will certainly want to as she is a delight! Click on her blog name above to pop over there.



And that, my friends, concludes my Pink Saturday post. Please be sure to visit Beverly and her friends for Pink Saturday by clicking here. Thanks to Beverly for always being the quintessential hostess.



And thank YOU so much for visiting me. I look forward to visiting you at your blog in return. You always, ALWAYS make my day complete! :-)

Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

P.S. In an effort not to slow down the speed readers of Pink Saturday, I'm going to post this here. I was trying to move some things around in this post when I managed to 1) publish it and 2) delete the thing I was trying to move. What I wanted to say is that before I drew the name (which was originally going to be drawn by my little friend Addie who got away before we could draw on Labor Day Weekend), I prayed hard that the Lord would guide my hand inside the bag full of names (around 200 which I wrote out and cut into little slips of paper). I mixed the names like I was mixing a recipe only with my hand, and then I drew Spencer's name. I didn't know Spencer very well at all before the drawing, but because this drawing was going to involve shopping for someone, I read her blog from beginning to end. Now, I feel as if she is one of my dearest friends. She is a doll!

What I discovered from reading the blog is that just about the time of the drawing in early September, Spencer was injured in a car accident, and I'm convinced that this was the Lord's way of sending her a special "I love you" gift. Isn't He the most awesome Father? So, Spence, this is a gift from Him as much as from me. I took a while to shop so that's why Spencer is getting this later than Labor Day.

Another thing, I had no idea that Spencer's grandson loved elephants, and that polka dot bag with the elephant (that will be on its way to Spencer with the gifts) was the actual bag I used to draw the names. So Spencer, this was meant to be!

For those of you who haven't read Spencer's blog, Bellamere Cottage, I would encourage you to do so because she is a lady who has faced adversity and come out on top. In addition to being an absolute delight, she is an overcomer, a trait I greatly admire. And she can sew ANYTHING. Just darling things! And makes slipcovers and makes lamps. And paints cabinets that look like a million bucks. We are talking T-A-L-E-N-T! And she's funny and just as nice as can be. So treat yourself to a visit to Spencer's blog. You'll be SO glad you did! I know I am! :-)

And one last thing... Spence, I tried and tried to find that toy for Ruby Mae Petunia Bell (that's Spencer's Frenton Bullier... the name I just made up for a French Bulldog/Boston Terrier mix), but it wasn't to be found locally. I bought something for her as a very hopeful substitute, got it home, and it had those beanie things in the seat which I didn't want her to swallow. So I'm back to the drawing board. I'll keep looking! :-)

96 comments:

Jenny said...

OK, that was probably the most creative and adorable way of announcing a blog giveaway EVER! Congrats to the winner! And I love the little elephant. Cute, cute!

Dena Pickle said...

Ahhh. that was the sweetest post i have read since I've been in blogland! What a good friend you are. Very sweet.

Dena

Dawn said...

Awe, I'm so glad Spencer was the the winner. I love visiting her blog and she is a wonderful person. I hope evryone clicks on the "my story" link on her sidebar. It is well worth the read.

Great job shopping Mrs. Magpie!
Hugs,
Dawn

Darlene said...

What a fabulous giveaway. You picked out some beautiful prizes for the winner. It sounds like Spencer is a wonderfully beautiful person.

Eileen said...

This was such a sweet post!
I loved every picture and every word!
And I'm so happy that Spencer was the winner! Congratulations to her and I will visit her blog this weekend, she sounds just as wonderful as you!

Thanks for your comments to me on my blog, and thanks for always being so uplifting and kind.
I'm thinking of you, and you and your family will be in my prayers.
God Bless!
Love and Prayers,
Eileen

Eileen said...

PS ~
I'm having a give-away at Stick Close To Home, come throw your name in the hat!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha! Lovely little giveaway post, Dear Sheilaness! Congrats to Spencer. What precious items you've gathered especially for her! How sweet.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Nancy said...

What a delightful post. And, what a sweet blog everywhere! Sheila, you are certainly another one of the most special of friends online. And, congratulations to Spencer. She is so special, too.

Oh, I am just all happy and delighted at once!

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Oh my goodness....what an adorable giveaway and to such a wonderful lady. Loved it!

Blondie's Journal said...

Sheila,

I totally loved the way you presented the gifts and announced the winner. Congratulations to Spencer!! How sweet of you to do your homework. And you paid an awfully nice tribute to this sweet lady. I am definately going to visit her blog.

Have a happy weekend!!

xoxo
Jane

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Spencer. She is on my blog list but I did not know she had been in an accident. Must go visit her. Love your gifts. You are so special!! Hugs

Anonymous said...

Thanks. You know me! I've been out of the loop!

Brenda Pruitt said...

I shall go visit her. You are such a thoughtful blog friend, picking out all her things by getting to know her through her blog! I love Blog Land for all the generous souls I meet like you!
Brenda

Southern Lady said...

Sheila, you are such an inspiration and joy. Everything you do (even giveaways!), you do with elegance and grace ... and your sweet, sweet spirit always touches my heart.

Jean Stockdale said...

Great post! How clever!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment. I did have a wonderful birthday. God is so good!

Blessings.

Melissa Miller said...

~Ah! This was so fun to read Sheila! Congrats to sweet Spencer!

Lisa said...

Oh Spencer!! She is one lucky girl she got 2 today!! I too tried to find her sweetie a toy and could not. I'm a puppy fan hehe
YOu offered some really sweet things here!
Sorry I missed the sign up!
Thanks for visiting!
Hugs, Lisa

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sheila!
This the warmest most heart felt writing for anyone I have read in a very long time. Congrats Spencer! Ladies if you don't know Spencer, you've been missing out. She is the most beautiful blogger you will ever meet. She has so many wonderful ideas, and has a world of knowledge on her blog.

Congrats Spencer. You are so deserving of this prize.

Stop by soon Sheila. I love it when you do. Happy PS again.

Country hugs and love, Sherry

Grace said...

WHat a cute post that little girl on that postcard was the sweetest thing! Happy Pink Saturday. Grace

Sue McPeak Hunt said...

Congratulations to Spencer! And to you for such a clever and special tribute and Pink Saturday Post! Thanks for visiting CollectInTexas Gal for some Pink Turkey Stuff-n...Sue

Betty said...

Oh Miss Magpie...you are an absolute delight. I don't know Spencer but I will have to go over and meet her. If you like her than I must too because you are so special my dear!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

I'm a fan of Bellemere Cottage too. What a lovely giveaway and charming post!

Karen at Nittany Inspirations said...

Thanks for sending me over to Bellemere Cottage. I have not visited her before, but she does have a beautiful blog. Your giveaway is beautiful.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Sheila,
This is just beautiful!! You have such a way with words! A writer you are. Congrats to the winner, I will be sure to check out her blog. Just Lovely Post! Hugs, Cindy

caren said...

Such a darling and heartfelt post. I smiled all the way down to the end! Congrats to Spencer. Happy Pink Saturday!

Catharina Maria said...

You have a lovely post this pink Saturday .And I think a happy winner , congratulations !
Love from the Netherlands Rini

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, you got me worried there. What if the baby elephant got drowned! LOL And it was all a happy ending :-)

Congratulations to Spencer! And after reading the post from top to bottom I feel like it was also meant to be :-)And yes, I like how He works too :-)

Mizpah,
Li

claudie said...

You know Mrs. Magpie, that's what a giveaway should be like. You get to know the person your sending your sweet pretties too.
I'm so proud to call you my friend.
I love you for that.
Still painting.Finished a few more rooms. Now I'm tackling the main bathroom. Oh my!
Sorry you didn't get to see the apron story. I think you would have liked it, but thanks for commenting. I had some great feed back.
Happy PS my friend. Lucky Spencer. I will go visit soon
xoxoxoxo

Mary said...

Happy Pink Saturday Sheila!
Congratulations Spencer!
VERY sweet post:)
Hugs,
Mary

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

What a gorgeous PINK SATURDAY post with pinks and blues and all sorts of lovely pastel pretties! Love the little painted piece...great giveaway! Fabulous! Happy Pink Saturday! Thanks so much for sharing and please come visit when you have a moment!

Jorgelina said...

What a fabulous giveaway.
Great post!
Happy Pink Saturday.

LADY JANE said...

OMG Ms. Magpie...your post is adorable! But then again...YOUR posts are always as adorable as you! Special hugs for all your e-mail visits to check in on our Jalina Rose! You are a wonderful friend!

Claudia said...

That is one of the sweetest posts I have ever read, sweet Sheila! The time and effort you took to learn more about Spencer, choose things with her in mind and make the giveaway truly special is amazing. You chose such lovely things - that Nippon piece is GORGEOUS! And I am thrilled that all of those lovelies are on their way to Spencer. She is a wonderful person and deserves only the best life has to offer.

Sheila - you are the best, too!

xo
Claudia

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Sheila,
Thoughtfulness. Pure, beautiful, heartwarming thoughtfulness. This was a very special post and one that blessed/encouraged/inspired many, no doubt!

Bless your caring, thoughtful heart!
xo
Sue

akawest said...

Congratulations to Spencer. I will now prolong hopping into the shower, so as to visit her blog.

Hugs,
Lisa

P.S. The bowl is gorgeous!

Catharina Maria said...

Haha , my flowers are real flowers !
Thanks for visiting !
love again , Rini

Unknown said...

How I adore your posts. You are so amazing as you craft the spell and leading us deeper and deeper into your story. Congratulations to Spencer, and I got a bit teary when you shared how she started blogging when she lost her mother.

I love your writing so much, have you published your work. You truly have a gift. I love visiting you. I must admit when I pop onto someone's blog and see a long story, I just browse and look at the pictures. When I come here I enjoy the pictures, but can't wait to read every word!!!!

Karen

P.S. Loooove the music too.

Char said...

I think that was so much fun, and congratulations to the winner. The gift is gorgeous and I am sure anyone would be proud to use it. The gold is gorgeous and so is the pattern. Your linens are lovely and I love the vintage images too. Happy Pink Saturday my friend and have a wonderful week, Char

SmilingSally said...

Oh congratulations to Spencer! She IS a neat lady! God must want to bless her because she recently won a book from one of my giveaways! Happy Pink Saturday, Mrs. Magpie.

Mollye said...

Oh Sheila honey you are the "bomb" I tell you girl this was such a fun and creative way of announcing your winner. And what a stash!! who hoo Congratulations to Spencer of whom I am also a new follower. Love to visit Spencer. Such a lady she is. Thanks Sheila for sharing, Love mollye

Grace said...

I already had commented but after reading my blog post you left I had to come back! You are so funny I totally love you! You called me Rose and that was my favorite Aunt that passed away a while ago and who I have had on my mind alot! I laughed so hard when you wrote back! Pink Saturday Rocks so many great women bonding over Pink! Hugs Grace

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Congratulations to your friend Spencer. she will be delighted with all those lovely goodies I am sure.
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Lindsay
x

dana said...

Well, you kept me on the edge of my seat with this post....I was so glad to see the winner!!! However, I was so sad to read later on in your post that she had been in a car accident! I do hope she's OK....I will go over and visit her!! I've not had much time to post or visit (busy, busy time of year for me)other bloggers, but I will go check on her! You picked out some darling items for your giveaway!

Hope you have a great weekend!!! Dana

Sarah said...

As always you used your creative touch to announce the winner. I always have a smile on my face when I read through one of your posts. Congratulations to Spencer. I'm off to visit her blog. Thanks for introducing us to her. ~ Happy Pink Saturday~ Sarah

Gabriela said...

Hello,

What a great giveaway!



~ Gabriela ~

Beverly said...

Yea for Spencer. I'm so glad she won, and I'm so glad you had this chance to get to know her. I think she is incredible.

And, you are definitely a keeper to, dear Sheila.

Happy Pink Saturday.

jeanne said...

Good morning Sheila. I wish my name was Spencer!!! Kidding but you have done a wonderful job of picking out her gifts. Reading her blog from cover to cover is a huge undertaking. You are a very special person and your journey to please Spencer was fun for you I am sure. I love it all.

Have a wonderful weekend. I think I remember you wanted to know about the yellow tree. I went back and posted a link about it. It is called a Cassia tree. It would grow very well where you live.

Love xoxo, Jeanne

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Oh Sheila.....Your sweet and kind post took my breath away....I'm trying to say thank you and that I'm so honored between the racking sobs...I am more touched than I can say....I worked with the counselor after my Mum passed away to get the tears to come....they were stuck somewhere in denial land.....and whew.....I have buckets now. (It's a miracle!!!) I would love to be able to call her and tell her about you and your sweet and touching post. She would LOVE it...

Everything is sooooo beautiful. I gasped when I saw the plate.......it's EXACTLY what I would have picked up and admired had I been shopping....and the tears began with the little guy figure....it is so "my boy" and I'll treasure it forever and ever....he's going to love it too. I can't wait to show him. I've said many times how much the wonderful and loving ladies of blogland have meant to me and this is exactly why. Ladies who are there to lift you up and to pray for you...ladies to lighten your load and make you laugh...and ladies that make you know you're "not the only one".... In the beginning I was surprised by how connected I could feel to ladies I had never met...but I certainly know now.

Sweet and Dear Sheila....I am beyond grateful....not only for the lovely gifts (which are beyond belief), but also for your loving and dear words.

You're just the dearest little gal EVER...maybe someday we can "meet" in real time... :-)

Huggies and Lovies.......
Spence

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sheila,
What a cute Pink Saturday post! Congratulations to Spencer! Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Becky K. said...

Awww...How sweet and thoughtful of you. I enjoyed this so much.

Becky K.

Anonymous said...

well done to spencer and waht a generous prize happy pink saturday

stefanie said...

what a great post...congrats to spencer!!!!

~*~Magpie's Nest said...

Congratulations to the lucky winner of your precious and thoughtful giveaway! You are one generous Magpie Missy!!!
~*Happy Pink Saturday*~
oxo

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

How wonderful is this!! As I was reading through your post and enjoying every second of it I thought to myself I bet the winner of this absolutely thoughtful and loving giveaway is Spencer and tada it is! Congratulations, Spencer!!

Wow, that Nippon bowl is absolutely beautiful!!

Thank you for stopping by today! Your comment made me smile :)

Hugs,
Marsha

Marina Capano said...

Hola, tu espaƱol es muy bueno.
que hermoso post, adorable bolsa y bello plato.
no, esas no es mi casa, son solo fotos que he tomado.

besos

Marina

CC said...

This was the sweetest post ever. I loved it from beginning to end.. how do you ever come up with all the wonderful, sweet things you write to and about us. What a wonderful sweet lady you are. Happy Pinks and have a most lovely weekend.

vickie said...

Happy Pink Saturday. I love your beautiful blog today. Congrats to Spencer. I'm going over there right now!

Unknown said...

Sheila, what a very thoughtful and sweet giveaway! Very special! I can't imagine anyone more deserving than Spencer! She will be thrilled and touched at your sweet gifts!

Hugs,
Tina

♥Mimi♥ said...

Pink is my color and today is always such a special day for me. Oodles of pink to check out and oodles of beautiful blogs to admire.

I can't think of anyone I would like to see get all of those special goodies than Spencer☺

Thank you so much for participating this week. I l♥ved dropping by to see your delightful pinkness. Have a wonderful weekend filled with fun and the company of those you love.

Becs said...

Shiela, that was awesome I loved the sotry and trying to figure out who it was...LOL Happy Pink Saturday...Becs

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Sheila, Happy PiNk to you!

Well, I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your older than dirt birthday giveaway details and about the winner. I will certainly go visit her.

I have been wanting to have a give away since I've never had one! And I like the way you waited until you drew the winners name to find out what would appeal to them..what a great way to do it. I'm going to do mine that same way when I finally get around to it.

I'm almost totally unpacked but still lots of organizing to do...seems to be taking me forever! I was so happy to get my design wall up this week..major progress for me in the studio.

Do drop by when you have a moment!

Scatter Bliss...
Stephanie

Anonymous said...

The quintessential magpie truly shows that every object is a gift and can be cherished on so many beautiful levels.

Judi said...

Hi Shelia
What a wonderful giveaway...post and lucky winner! It seems this was no coincidence that you wanted the gift to go to someone very special and to whom the gift would have a special meaning and I believe you found her.
Lovely story...I will have to check out her blog also.
have a lovely weekend.
*hugs*
Judi

Michelle said...

Fabulous, love the way this internet has brought us "blog" fiends..it is so cool, I can't wait to pop over to Spencer's site and visit, you did a very wonder thing and in such a cute, cute way. Happy PS.

Marie De Marco said...

you have a talent for telling a story. your creative thinking makes reading a joy.thanks for the info you left me regarding colleges i will be giving it a shot.
marie

Tara said...

Spencer is indeed a wonderful lady with a beautiful blog. I'm happy she won such a special giveaway and that you took the time to make it so personalized. Have the Happiest of Pink Saturdays!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Congratulations to Spencer! I'm sure she will love your delightful gifts!

Happy Pink Saturday Sheila!

Connie said...

How clever!! What a suspense to getting to the name drawn, sugar! Very cute.
xoxo,
Connie

Anonymous said...

How cute!!! I loved all your pinks and of course, Congratulations to Spencer.

sunnymama said...

Goodness me you did keep us in suspense for a while there, I was on the edge of my seat waiting for that little elephant to announce the winner! What delightful gifts you have chosen. Very generous and fun. :)

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR SHEILA,
THERE IS NO ONE THAT CAN TELL A STORY AS BEAUTIFUL AS YOU. CONGRATS TO SPENCER...SHE IS SUCH A VERY SWEET LADY...AND I KNOW SHE WILL TREASURE EVERYTHING..
YOU ARE A VERY SPECIAL LADY AND WE APPRECIATE YOU. EVERYTHING WAS PRECIOUS
ANGEL HUGS
LOVE
Debbie

Unknown said...

I love that angel boy's face! Thanks for visiting my blog today!

susan said...

Some things ARE meant to be :) How thoughtful...loved it from beginning to end!

Tricia said...

What a lovely, lovely way to give a gift - talk about "presentation"! I know she is just thrilled. And the comments you made about how the Lord guided you touched my heart. He is good, isn't he. I have truly enjoyed your blog and I love the name of your blog. Perfect! Happy Pink Saturday. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate it.

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Very creative post... Loved it!
Happy Pink Saturday!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Patricia said...

I have enjoyed my visit to your blog and Happy Pink Saturday. I hope you have a wonderful new week

Tardevil said...

What a sweet shopper you are. I love all of her gifts. You can tell you put alot of heart into it! That was a really sweet post. And you can be my personal shopper anytime! LOL! ;O)

Beth at Aunties said...

You are so caring and jsut seem to spread this geniune kindness everywhere you go.
How thoughtful tor ead her blog form start to date and really shop for your new friend. Elephant with lots of help from the LORD did a great job in finding the perfect person for Mrs Magpie to discover many shiny objects for.
I do not know Spencer but what to meet this dear lady. I do not know how I will be able to ever ever let my own sweet mom go. :)
(Shelia I went today and took pictures of the statue I spoke about and posted them, if you are interested:) This was a huge blessing for Uncle K to go...he had been so very ill. Dad was so lucid and the prayer he gave in Uncle Kerry's behalf to leave this sphere was so tender and beautiful. Not a dry eye in the room. Just incredible peace.
When we got him home he didn't even recognize his home, room, bed nor knew even how to drink out of a glass.(I abhor dementia!) We celebrate his 87th birthday tomorrow.
Enjoy a wonderful sabbath you special dear one.

XOXO ~♥

Vicki said...

Hello, Sheila,
Congratulations to Spencer on winning these wonderful goodies! She sounds like a wonderful gal, and I plan on visiting her at Bellamere Cottage. Happy Pink Saturday to you and blessings! Vicki

Charlotte said...

What wonderful gifts for our friend Spencer...she certainly deserves all these terrific goodies that you picked just for her....the Nipon bowl is gorgeous and the little fellow in the pj's is adorable....SO nice to see such a sweet person who always makes me smile is the winner of this giveaway...Sue.

Moore Minutes said...

What a fun way to do a drawing! Super suspenseful! :) Those vintage pictures are lovely.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Oh, I'm so happy Spencer one! I check in on her blog frequently, and since I've started sewing she's been my Yoda of sorts, lol!! She even took the time to send me a very detailed email/tutorial on how she trims her pillows. What a talented and sweet woman...you (or Mr. Elephant)couldn't have picked a better winner!

Rostrose said...

Thank you so much for stopping by!

I hope you had a wonderful Pink Saturday!

Warm autumn-regards from Austria, Traude

the wild raspberry said...

you are such a sweet friend...
big hugs~
chasity

the voice of melody said...

Such pretty things you bought for her! Not to mention the thoughtulness, creativity and love that went into it all. What a special way to bless someone and brighten her day. Things like this just warm my heart! :)

Summer Gypsy said...

Wonderful gifts for Spencer! Thanks for stopping by this weekend. Have a blessed Sunday!
:)Marilyn

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Shiela
What wonderful items in the gift bag!
Hope you had a wonderful pink saturday!

Hugs, Ann

♥Frann♥ said...

so lovely ^.^

Dogmom Diva said...

Sheila, wonderful giveaway, I don't know Spencer but will go visit..how creative and what a treat for her!
Thanks for stopping by yesterday, I am lovin' Pink Saturdays!
hugs
Barb

The Old Parsonage said...

I got goose bumps reading this wonderful post. I'm sure that Spencer will love all of the time and effort that you put into choosing her gifts.

You my friend are one special lady yourself!

Leann

sunnymama said...

Sheila, in answer to your comment on my blog, a car boot sale is like an outdoor flea market and the name comes from selling things from car boots (trunks). :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Car_boot_sale

xinex said...

Oh Sheila, you are so sweet to personalize your gifts. Spencer will be so happy to receive them. Congrats, Spencer!...Christine

gina said...

What an adorable and lovely post <3
You are the sweetest lass. I am going to go visit spencer. I hope you had a great pink saturday and will have a wonderful week.

Julie said...

That little guy with the elephant is so likeable. His skinny little legs make you think he would snap if you hugged him too hard. His rosy cheeks tell me he is warm inside - or that he is a little embarassed to be in his p.j's on the internet!

The dish is lovely and a great find. Lucky people to win such a goodies.

Julie

Elena said...

Wow, what a great post for pink saturday.... and such a lovely story behind the it all..... one of those 'Godincidence' things.

Thank you for visiting my blog - have a wonderful week.
ciao for now,
Elena :)

Carly said...

Your story in pictures was fun to read, but I am sure that it took quite a long time to prepare!