Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Help! INTERNET TROUBLES ...

Mr. Magpie here, to let you know that Mrs. Magpie is unable to access the internet from home. She continues to be bumped off before she can finish her visits to your blogs. This has been an intermittent problem for several weeks, and we hope it's repaired soon.

Thanks for understanding,

Mr. Magpie

Edit: Thank you all SO much for your sweet support!

I am adding a note to my husband's post to say that I spent nearly two hours on the cell phone talking to my internet provider yesterday about the problem and also trying to get into my email boxes, etc. I've been locked out after they made a change. I haven't had the stomach to call them about the boxes because it takes forever to get something done as yesterday proved. I was desperate and had to get this resolved. So I am enclosing a picture of my cell phone minutes in order for you can see I'm not exaggerating. LOL! Check it out...



So far, we managed to disconnect our wireless (ugh!), and I stood for about two hours in the hall where the designated line is, trying to go through the paces with tech support. I didn't have the strength to blog after it was over, and it's uncomfortable to blog from a TINY table that holds the modem in the hall. Today, I have been to get a 100 foot cable line that is now running from upstairs through the living room, and into the dining room! It's SO pretty. NOT! It is, however, blue. It will have to suffice in the interim. We look like the Beverly Hillbillies!

Why don't I just go upstairs and sit in the hall??? Well, despite the fact that there is a bit of mess up there where the carpenters haven't finished something from a long while back, Mr. Magpie has been sick and stays up there when he's home. I don't want to disturb him because he has had the flu (thankfully not swine), and he has an air card on his computer which is how he communicated with you.

I have missed DAYS of visiting, and for that, I apologize. I will visit you as soon as I can. In addition to the internet situation, I've been dealing with various workmen. I feel like I have a phone growing out of my ear, and I do not like to live on the phone. But the good news is, I'm able to communicate! YEA!

Hoping to see you soon...

XO,

Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

40 comments:

SmilingSally said...

Oh, how frustrating! Thanks for passing along the word.

Gillian Lee said...

What a tragedy! I hope you are back on soon!!

Lisa said...

So sorry to hear it! My internet isn't the best and get frustrated a lot lately too! Hope you are back soon!
Hugs, Lisa

Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop said...

Oh I hate when that happens,hurry back!!!!

Blondie's Journal said...

Hi Mr. Magpie, Blondie here! So nice to finally meet you. Give Mrs. Magpie our condolences and we hope she recovers soon from lack of blogging! ;-)

xoxo
Jane

Darlene said...

Hope it gets fixed soon! That is just so irritating!

Anonymous said...

Come back...come back....

claudie said...

Hello from Canada Mr. Magpie
Tell Mrs. Magpie to please buy an APPLE!!!!
We need her........ boooooohoooooooo
Sending much love to both of you and a special shinny object to your beautiful wife.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxoxo

The Old Parsonage said...

Thanks for letting us know Mr. Magpie!

Also thank Mrs. Magpie for visiting today!

Leann

Kat said...

Well hello Mr. Magpie! How sweet of you to update us. Hope the problem is fixed soon, we miss our Mrs. Magpie when she's not around! Kathy

the wild raspberry said...

poor little magpie.....we miss you!
chas

Neabear said...

Oh dear. Don't you just hate that? I hope the internet behaves for you soon. Thanks for making it to my blog and leaving a comment.

~Linnea

2sisters said...

We miss her, hope it is sorted out soon!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Dear,
I was wondering where she was! Thanks for the update and tell her we are missing her too! Cindy

Anne Fannie said...

I hate computer problems!
We all miss her, thanks for letting us know!
~Ann

jeanne said...

Good morning Sheila, I am sorry your dh has the flu. I have been ill for over a week and it is awful. Yesterday I had a relapse and didn't get out to visit hardly anyone. I hope you don't catch it. I slept in he guest room hoping
Bill wouldn't get it and so far so good. This am I am up with CC and feeling better again. Get rest!!!

I have a pretty good connection here but when it does go off, I am so frustrated. Hope you get it worked out soon.

DON'T GET SICK!
Love and hugs, Jeanne

Southern Lady said...

There's nothing more frustrating than having problems with your computer. We sometimes take them for granted when they're working smoothly, but when they don't, we realize how much we depend on them.

I hope you're back soon, Sheila.

Eileen said...

Thank you, Mr. Magpie for letting us know and please pass along:

'Missing you, Sheila!
I've been having trouble too!
'Hope this clears up soon.

Try to enjoy the 'forced' break.
Love to you,
Eileen

Emily said...

Computers!

April said...

Oh, no! Hope you're back in no time! We'll miss you!

storyteller said...

Oh my gosh ... what a frustrating turn of events! We've all been there and certainly hope your internet woes pass quickly! I've been away from the computer all week for other reasons and am playing 'catch-up' this morning in what limited time I have. I appreciate your recent visits to Happily Retired Gal and my Blogger sites too. Your comments always make me smile.
Hugs and blessings,

Unknown said...

Hate when there's any kind of interference in blogland! Do you have good protection? I would highly recommend Kaspersky; they're rated as the absolute best.
Come back to us asap!

Anonymous said...

I can relate!

Hope you're back soon :)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Is that not THE most frustrating thing? I'm sooooo sorry. We just CANNOT get along without our internet anymore, can we? I miss you....and hope you're up and running SOON....

Huggies and Lovies,
Spencer

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Ooooh...that is frustrating! Is she using IE? I had to switch for a while to Firefox...for a while. The problem seems better now. Hope you can get it fixed soon...miss her!

♥ Kathy said...

Oh Sheila :( I missed you so much and now it seems like I'll have to suffer a little longer :( HURRY BACK! You are loved ♥


and ps. Thank you so much for ALL your comments to me. You brighten my day every time!

Charlotte said...

Computers can drive us crazy but what in the world would we do without them? Hope your internet problems get solved soon.
Charlotte

Brenda Pruitt said...

That drives a person slightly nutty, I'm sure!
Brenda

akawest said...

Oh, I do hope the problems are quickly resolved. Thank you Mr. Magpie for alerting us.

xinex said...

I cannot stand that so I feel for you, Sheila. I hope it gets fixed soon. Sorry!...Christine

Bill said...

We're all thinking of you, Sheila, and sending good thoughts. Now hurry back to us!!!

If you'll tell us who to blame, we can fire off some angry e-mails to your Internet provider! ;)

Bill
P.S. Thank you, Mr. Magpie!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Sheila,
Thanks for coming by and your sweet comments! I understand about your internet troubles and how frustrating that is! I have been on with the tech support too and it's like I would rather have a tooth pulled! Sorry to hear about hubby, my daughter had the H1N1 and it came back a second time! The doc said it can mutate and since she is 19 and isn't into resting too well she got double hit. So far, hubby and I have avoided it but since he is a teacher I have to wonder how long. Take care and I am so happy you've got internet! Hugs, cindy

Dawn said...

Thank goodness for those long cords! I hope you get it all situated soon. I feel like I'm lost when I can't reach you all!
Hugs,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Dear One! I'm so glad you've found a way to get to Blogland! We can't have it without our Ms. Magpie among us!
Thanks for popping in to see me and thank you for all your kindness to me.
Have a Happy Thanksgiving.
Be a sweetie,
shelia :)

sunnymama said...

Hope you get it all sorted out soon! Thanks for your visit to my blog this evening. It's lovely that you are making such an effort to visit us despite your ongoing internet problems. :)

Anita Diaz said...

We miss you!! Hope you are back soon! My mom just spent a week with her computer totally destroyed. She was on the phone with someone in India for about 5 days, but all is well and they got it all restored. Probably saved here a lot of money in ebay bidding!

Michelle said...

I always feel so isolated without the internet. My computer was down a few times last year, mainly connection problems with my provider. It was tough for me as I know it is for you!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry about your internet problems, that is such a drag. I am grateful though for your visit today to my little blog. I loved your comment, I blog for them! Hugs, Cindy S.

Lorrie said...

Oh Sheila, my heart goes out to you--there's nothing more frustrating than being on the phone for hours with tech support. It's just maddening and exhausting at the same time.

I'm so sorry to hear that Mr.Magpie has had the flu. I hope he's already much better and that no stray germs float your way.

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Aww...you never have to apologize! Sometimes I goes days without seeing my own blog, lol. To me there are no blog "rules" and I think I speak for a lot of people when I say you're one of the best there is!

Hope your computer -- and Mr. Magpie -- are feeling better!