Happy Thanksgiving!!! There are so many reasons for which to give thanks, and one of those reasons is all of the lovely bloggers I have met this year. Susan, Between Naps on The Porch, is one such friend whose door is always open wide and especially so on Tablescape Thursday. So thank you, Susan, for being the ever gracious hostess for this event! :-)

I had every intention of doing this tablescape last Thursday, but my internet server was having issues. So today, if you would be ever so kind to indulge me, please pull up a chair and let's dish...
I started this tablescape with these little floral picks I found at Michael's a few years ago. The picks are used as napkin rings on some vintage linens (note the leaf design in the damask tablecloth)...
The pheasant feathers have been residents of our home for going on two decades, and I love to use them with fall 'scapes. The white china is our wedding china (Royal Gold by Royal Doulton). The sterling flatware, a pattern started for me by my mother and also her pattern, is Gorham's Chantilly...
The china takes on a life of its own at night. Oh, how I love gold accents on china...
And I love the light play on this china in the daytime as well...
There's also a reflection of the crystal mirrored in the knife blade...

I have never tired of our silver, which can be dressed up or down, or our china pattern. I enjoy pairing Royal Gold with other patterns, like this salad plate in Mottahedeh's Duke of Gloucester...
I think the Duke, with his harvest of fruit and berries, is perfect for a fall harvest table...
This shot gives you a different view of the gold trim on both plates. The Royal Gold has a gold encrusted border featuring scallop shells while the Duke has wispy sweeps of gold...
And if you look closely, you'll see some little bugs trying to sneak off with a berry or two...
There are also slight variations in the design on some of the plates...
Another thing I'm using from our wedding gifts is our crystal which is Gorham's King Edward...

It has a cut very similar to Waterford's Lismore...
With a harvest theme, it follows that you need some pumpkins and gourds, seen displayed here in a reproduction majolica compote I found in Highlands, North Carolina...
The ceramic pumpkins and gourds have been picked up everywhere from Tuesday Morning to Beall's Outlet. Some are Italian, some Chinese...
And the tiny orange plastic pumpkins were either from Big Lots or Michael's...
Hmmmm, I spy something hiding around the base of that compote...
Ah, ha! Caught you, Mr. Fox...
He seems to be contemplating something...
Oh, the pumpkin! Better keep an eye on that lest he make off into the night with it...
One thing I definitely want to keep an eye on are these antique trumpet vases...
These vases are executed in a very decorative pattern, while most of the trumpet vases I've seen are rather plain (love those, too!)...
These vases were made by the Roger Williams Silver Company (not to be confused with Wm. Rogers) that existed for about a dozen years beginning at the turn of the 20th century. Roger Williams for whom the company was named was an English minister who founded Providence and was Rhode Island's first colonial governor. The silver industry played a big part in Providence's history for many, many years...
I purchased the little stand the pumpkin is on from Pier One years ago. Having arranged this table with what I had on hand, I would buy more leaves to tuck around the base of that pumpkin were I using this for our Thanksgiving table. I have added real horns because they remind me of the antique powder horn that belonged to Daddy...
That one is holding court over on the server...
This is a reproduction horn drinking cup. These were used in Scotland among the clan chiefs...
It was a shiny object I found years ago, and I thought it would be a fun accent to add to the table with the other two horns...
And here's the full place setting...
Plus a view of the centerpiece from daylight...
To dark...
And a shot of the sideboard with its bounty from the sea (this is Florida, after all!)...
And another shot of the table. Kind of looks like a Norman Rockwell illustration minus the people, except for one teeny tiny annoying little thing...
A blooper. Can you tell???
Yep. I got distracted by a telephone call and put down the dessert fork and spoon in the wrong order...
The spoon ALWAYS tops the fork. The other place settings were correct. I checked the photos. ;-)
But you know, I'm even grateful for mistakes because they give us a chance to laugh at ourselves and not take ourselves too seriously. Humor is another gift for which I'm thankful...
And speaking of thanks, thank you SO much for visiting me here today. I eagerly look forward to visiting you, too. Please visit Susan and her guests as well because there are always wonderful tablescapes to see there. I'd also like to take this opportunity to wish you the Happiest of Thanksgivings, particularly to my precious John who is serving overseas and to my sweet Adelaide and her family (including Cecelia and Clement... Hi! Hi!) with whom we were supposed to have Thanksgiving in the mountains of North Carolina. Mr. Magpie has been recuperating from a bout of the flu, so we are spending a quiet Thanksgiving at home in Florida and letting a nice restaurant do the work for us. Hopefully I can snap a photo or two of their buffet for you.
Here's hoping that you and yours have a blessed holiday and a Happy Tablescape Thursday as well! :-)
Most of all, be safe as well as thankful...
XO,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




124 comments:
Shelia~I'm strolling in to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving!
It's such a wonderful time to stop and reflect on all those we cherish and are truly grateful for.
Even though our Thanksgiving is very small in number, with hubby and son (we don't count the cat cause she doesn't like turkey). We don't scrimp on the menu...from appetizers to desserts! A tryptophan delight,lol!
Sweet Holiday wishes,
Sara
Good Morning Sheila
Your tablescape is stunning. Your wedding china and crystal are gorgeous. I love how you have decorated with the pumkins, leaves and feathers. It all looks wonderful and festive. Your sideboard looks perfect too. I hope you enjoy your quiet Thanksgiving and I hope Mr Magpie feels much better soon.
Best Wishes
Lindsay
x
Shelia, I am sending you a great big bundle of good wishes for a Great Thanksgiving and to say again how sorry I am for the delay in sending the blanket.
Roy is working tomorrow, so it will be a quite day, but he will get a chance to come home for lunch,so I am thanksful for that.
Barbara
Ps.....your table is beautiful, simply stunning.
Barbara
I hope your belly's are happy and your hearts fullfilled. Happy Thanksgiving to y'all in the south from your neighbors in the north. The table looks "out of a magazine" and the reflection in the knife? Is that crystals from a chandelier?
So pretty.
Best wishes to you and Mr. Magpie for a peaceful and memorable Thanksgiving, Sheila. I know you will enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner served at that exquisite table. It is absolute perfection, and I bet Mr. Magpie won't care if the dessert spoon is in the wrong place ... lol. I hope he feels better soon.
Dear Sheila, I just read tht you would not be coming to NC for Thanksgiving. I am so sorry your dh is still sick. I have been sick with a bad cole for two weeks but it is only in my head. It hasn't stopped me. In fact my sisters all hav it too. Sigh. I have been in Charlotte and now we are heading for JAX for the weekend. I have done very little visiting.
Your Thanksgiving table is gorgeous, I mean 'knock your socks off' gorgeous. Your photos are wonderful.
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday with family and friends.
Love, Jeanne
Sheila, What a beautiful table, I need to purchase more pretties for mine! Thanks so much for sharing and have a Happy Thanksgiving, Sue
Beautiful table, beautiful details!
I love the feathers and I love the idea of the powder horn, it reminds me of a cornucopia but nicer!
And I love how you gathered treasures from around the house to sit at a place of honor at the table.
It is so much more interesting to see something other than the 'run-of-the-mill' settings! There are so many creative tablescapers in blogland!
Great job!
Enjoy a Blessed Thanksgiving!
Love to you!, Eileen
Sheila, this is beautiful. I love your wedding china. I bet when you registered for it you didn't realize how perfect it was for tablescapes - or did you??? I hope that you and Mr. Magpie have a wonderful, blessed Thanksgiving. Kathy
Sheila, that is such a lovely table! I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving. We, too, are having a quiet dinner - just the two of us.
xoxo
Claudia
Your table is so gorgeous! I hope Mr. Magpie feels much better so he can enjoy his meal. Hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving.♥
WOW! You are on the ball! And I absolutely love the beautiful dishes! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Dena
Stunning table! The glimpses of the chair, and drapes, make me want a tour. One of these days I am going to make Gary drive me to your house. That sounds threatening, eh?
Anyway...I do hope you will enjoy your food. Restaurant meals rival home cooked, although some people don't like to admit that. LOL
Hugs to you, and Mr. Magpie. I am very thankful for counting you as a friend. As Gary said, you truly are the nicest woman in the world.
Hugs,
Lisa
P.S. I just phoned my mom, asking her what her silver pattern is. I thought maybe it was the same as yours. As you are well aware, I am not at all well versed in any of this tablescape stuff, and remain a huge fan of paper plates.
What a beautiful tablescape. I am a sucker for a beautiful chair, and yours are gorgeous!!! If they come up missing, I PROMISE I didn't take them (*wink*wink*). I hope Mr. Magpie is feeling better soon, sorry your Thanksgiving plans got interrupted. Thanks for always leaving such thoughtful comments, it really brightens our day!
teri (of the 2sisters2gether variety)
Gorgeous table, Sheila.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Sheila,
What a beautiful table. Happy Thanksgiving, I hope that you have a beautiful day.
Karen
Sheila, what a perfect harvest table. Your wedding china and crystal are lovely. I so agree about gold rimmed china. It is wonderful to use with accent plates such as yours by Royal Doulton. Our Thanksgiving table is all set, and we too are using our wedding crystal and china with a gold rim. I've used accent salad plates in the Olde Asvesbury by Royal Crown Derby. Come take a look tomorrow when you're relaxing after your harvest meal.
Best wishes for a delightful day! ~ Sarah
Hello, Dear Sheila! Oh, your table is so beautiful. You have the most gorgeous dishes and that gold just shines! Love everything you've done - your centerpiece, those horns the napkin rings, the crystal - you're good!
Now I'm sorry to hear Mr. Magpie is not feeling well. Enjoy the quite of the holiday and I'm sending Thanksgiving blessings your way.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Beautiful!!! Your table looks so nice, your dishes are gorgeous and your silver is so pretty. Hugs, Cindy S.
Hey sweet Sheila - You did such a wonderful job on your table - it looks so beautiful! Wish I was there with you. ;) Happy Thanksgiving to you! xoxo
Hi Sheila! I love this tablescape...just breathtaking! Your china and silver are beautiful! Everythng is just perfect! I hope that you and Mr. Magpie have a wonderful Thanksgiving relaxing at home. Take care!...hugs...Debbie
Happy Thanksgiving Sheila
What a lovely post with so many beautiful pictures.
Your dishes are just perfect for Thanksgiving, your crystal your centrepiece.
Everything is beautiful. I hope you have a lovely one shared with friends and family.
Judi
What a pretty table. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
Dear Mrs. Magpie
I'm sorry your not spending Thanksgiving with your dear little wee ones, but you do get to go out with your hubby, and you don't have to cook. I would enjoy that!!
Now as if I CLAUDIE would ever notice that the fork and spoon were not in their right place? It all looks so beautiful. You always seem to amaze me with the beauty that surrounds you. We are so different, yet so alike.
Watch out for those buffet spreads...they sneak up on you when your not watching.
Love You bunches
Happy Thanksgiving
Love Claudie
xoxoxo
Oh what a beautiful table -- and I did immediately think of Norman Rockwell when I pulled up that shot -- your table is certainly painting worthy. Thanks for your very kind visit today -- I do wish you were coming for my Thanksgiving breakfast! That would be much fun -- hope your husband feels much better and you have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner -- (although it won't be nearly as pretty as the way you've set this table!) Happy Thanksgiving!
Just tried calling you... your not home again! Your cell mail box is also full!
Wanted to talk and hear your voice. Well at least I did get to hear your message, I guess that will do pig, that will do (from the movie lol).
You know it's not our Thanksgiving, I know you remembered that. I'm thinking of all the turkeys that are getting dressed to be part of the celebration.
i spent many Thanksgivings in the States, it was always a huge event. This time 2 years ago, Randy and I were in N.Y. Wouldn't it be cool if we had a get together in N.Y. ??? Let's think about that? I know exactly where we could stay. Right in Time Square, affordable, exciting and oh oh here I go...
xoxoxoxox
I love your china, the silver trumpet vase, just so elegant! Wish I would create some elegant setting, but mine always lean toward country. lol I do love the feathers, OH and the compote is wonderful! I love love to have one. pumpkins adorable! Happy Thanksgiving at home with your husband
Exquisite table and I adore the china!
Thank you!!!!
Sheila: This is soooooo pretty! Love the feathers and the silver!! I just LOVE silver!!
You are the sweetest thing ever! Thank you so much for your sweet comment and warm wishes! I feel exactly the same way! I am SO thankful that I have found you out there in this big ole' world!! I also count you among my blessings!!
Have a wonderful day my friend!!
Hugs and love to you...
Lou Cinda :)
Shelia, Your table is looking beautiful. Thanksgiving has always been (since I was an adult) my favorite holiday because it is void of the stress of shopping and the money drain that is sometimes put on us. I love being with family and laughing with joy around a table of wonderful food. Here's to a fantastic Thanksgiving for you and your family and friends.
Hi Sheila--I so enjoyed seeing your Thanksgiving table--just lovely. I especially like the photo that looks like a Norman Rockwell, since I have seen the original painting at the Norman Rockwell Museum in Stockbridge, Mass. I just love his work.
So sorry that you weren't able to travel to NC for Thanksgiving--you'd be near to me! But happy that Mr. Magpie is doing better--it sounds like this flu has really laid him low. I hope you have a very peaceful Thanksgiving Day--glad that you're leaving all the work to somebody else!
'Just stopping by to thank you for your wonderful comment to me, and to say I hope your husband is much better. I wish you both a wonderful Thanksgiving Day, and I hope you enjoy your meal out!
God has Blessed me with so many wonderful blogging friends and you are among the dearest!
Love to you!, Eileen
Shelia your tablescape is just the tops! It's beautiful! I too love gold rim on dishes. It always makes them look so elegant. Everything is very pretty. Blessings to you and Mr. Magpie ♥
OH Wow Sheila,
I am so impressed! This is one of the most stunning tables I have ever seen! I love the china, the pheasant feathers, the silver, oh my the silver! It just sparkles and shines and shines! And the gorgeous crystal! The queen would be honored to sit at this lovely table! Thank-you so much for your friendship, I hope to visit you someday in your lovely city! Oh, and your dining room looks just gorgeous, beautiful home! Happy Thanksgiving and hoping the Mr. is feeling all better very soon. Hugs, Cindy
Oh my word what a georgeous tablescape! That is why I adore you it seems that you pay so much attention to detail and are the sweetest woman! May you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with love health and joy! Thank you for your wonderful blog and friendship! Hugs Grace xoxoxxooxoxox
What a gorgeous table! Sheila, wow! All that beauty in one place... (sighing)
Sheila, Your table is so lovely. To me, there is no table setting more romantic than when you use the "wedding ring" china. I also love the pheasant feathers...such a whimsical and unexpected touch. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Susan
Sheila, how I love your table setting! To begin with, I love the dining room chairs!!! Gorgeous! And the next thing I love is your Gorham Chantilly...that is on my wish list, though I doubt if anyone will get it for me, except me! The wedding china is absolutely stunning...everything is stunning...elegant, exquisite, fit for royalty...I just love it all. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving, Sheila...may God bless you and your family abundantly!
Mary
Beautiful tablescape Sheila! Youi are all set to have an elegant Thanskgiving dinner...enjoy every delicious morsal and spend a wonderful day full of much good cheer! I wish uou many more blessings in the year ahead...
Love and hugs, Pat
Beautiful Tablescape Sheila! Hope you and your family have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Sherri : ) XO
Oh my this is all sooo wonderful. I can't tell you how I enjoyed myself. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, Debbie
Hi Sheila, I am sitting here having a fit over those gorgeous plates !!! I'm a dishaholic you know , LOL !
Have a blessed day sweetie !
This is simply stunning! I love the centerpiece, it is so unique. Your dishes are gorgeous. I believe my sterling pattern is the same as yours. Of course, I never took mine from my mother. She and my grandmother had the same pattern. When I married, she told me my grandmother's was mine and I told her to hang on to it. Well, we will celebrate 35 years next month and she still has it. In all honesty, I never even wanted it until Tablescape Thursday! Your pattern rang a bell...I need to talk to mom.
Thank you for you visit today and your wonderful comment.
Happy Thanksgiving.
Sue
Hi Shelia, This table is so pretty...Your wedding china and crystal are stunning...Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!
xoxo
Julie
sent email on my address info just making sure you got it. Not sure if I hit the send button. OK too many meds at the moment. lol
Many Thanksgiving Blessing to you my Dear friend...I am so bless to have met you this year...You truly are a real Blessing to me!!
Now girl I love those dishes and how great to use your wedding china and silver and the crytal...WOW!! you really outdid yourself and I LOVE your dinner menu...my favotite thing is going out and letting someone else cook for me...Hey I'm old and need my pamper time now...Am spending the day with my Grand daughter so I am so blessed...Did I tell you I love to death....Well Daughter dear your in my prayers...Hugs and smiles, love ya girl...Gl♥ria
Well it looked just great to me. I did a tablescape once in the beginning and I forgot to put any cutlery on the table. Now that was embarrassing.
Shelia, you have an outstandingly beautiful table prepared. I, too, am a *gold digger*....LOL....I adore the warmth & richness that gold brings to the table. Your other plates are equally as pretty. The horns are a unique & personal touch & I ♥ the feathers!
Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours,
fondly,
Rett
so many beautiful things! i love the feathers and the vase, both such wonderful accents!
have a wonderful thanksgiving, one can already tell its going to be memorable~
Lovely table. I love those plates!
Have a great Thanksgiving.
D
Shelia~ Thank-you for the Thanksgiving wishes!! I so miss blogging and reading all your blogs too, I hope to get back in the swing of things soon.
Your table is so gorgeous...love it all, so cozy!! May you and your family have wonderful Thanksgiving...there is so much to be thankful for.
Hugs~ T
Just beautiful. Love the Mottahedeh's Duke of Gloucesterutiful. It is the perfect accent with your china. And the trumpet vase is gorgeous.
Have a blessed Thanksgiving, even if it has gotten a bit scaled back.
- The Tablescaper
Your fall table is adorable Maggie. I love the combination of the Duke and the Royal Gold china. Absolutely beautiful. The horn and the pheasant feathers also add a very nice touch.Thanks too for the heads up on the Little boy statue in my last post. Hope your hubby feels better soon and that you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
I love your china- love gold too! Your table is beautiful and thanks so much for visiting mine! ~ Dawn
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Sheila! Your silver vase is stunning and so are your plates. They go so well together. Beautiful table!...Christine
Oh Shelia, your table looks amazing... we can only imagine what the food must be like!
Happy Thanksgiving!
Karla & Karrie
Dearest Sheila.
What a delightful setting! It is perfection in warmth and expectations. Your china, silverware and Table arrangements are all exquisite! I love the pattern on your plates and the sweet ladybug!
I do hope Mr Magpie will soon feel himself again. I am so sorry the flu came calling at your home.
I hope you enjoy your quiet day.
Only our newlyweds are coming to our dinner and then we are going over to put dad's Christmas tree up and decorate his apartment for him. He adores my MIL's Christmas village.:) He won't come to dinner and leave the senior community!;)
Please enjoy a peaceful and very Happy day of thanks, sweet lady! Thank you for all the love you spread!
Love you,
Beth
So very elegant! Thank you for your visit and for sharing your beautiful tablescape. Have a wonderful day tomorrow! Hugs..Kimberly
What a beautiful harvest table! I love it all, from the china to the silver to the pheasant feathers. Those horn drinking cups are really cool and unique.
Hope you and your family have a Happy Thanksgiving!
Hi Sheila...
My friend...what a fabulous Thanksgiving table!!! I love how you mixed some of the "earthy" elements like the pheasant feathers with the elegance of that beautiful china!!! Ohhh...and that china!!! I just love your beautiful salad plates too...that is truly one of the prettiest patterns and it's so perfect for your Thanksgiving table!!! Love your centerpiece...the urn filled with pumpkins and gourds...gorgeous!!! Now I have to tell you that one of my favorite things about your beautiful table are those pretty napkin rings!!! In fact, I have copied a couple of those photos to my computer for future inspiration!!! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous table with us, my friend!!! Sending you and your family wishes and blessings for the best Thanksgiving ever!!!
Thank you for coming by and taking a peek at my Thanksgiving table...your compliments were so generous and sweet!!!
Warmest wishes and have a Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!
Chari @Happy To Design
Sheila! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Your table is glorious. I just know that your dinner will be delicious too!
What wonderful table! I would be honored to pull up a chair to that table...but I wouldn't be a very good company -- I'd be too busy looking at all of the gorgeousness to talk very much!! The feathers...are fabulous.
Mrs. Magpie, thank YOU so much for being such a ray of sunshine and bloggy friend...I feel like I've known you forever! (In a good way. :-) Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. With love from the shorehouse...Laura xo
Shelia,
Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving! Your table is beautiful, and I love the feathers with your elegant china.
Cathy
What a gorgeous holiday table, Sheila! I hope everyone appreciates your work making the day special. I love your napkin rings and trumpet vases!
Happy Thanksgiving! I love the touches of feathers throughout your tablescape. Simply beautiful.
Have a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving Day dear Sheila!
Hugs~
Chasity
Beautiful table! I'm loving all the feather arrangements you see now! Happy Thanksgiving to you!
Sheila!!! Your Thanksgiving tablescape is absolutely enchanting! What a work of art! Thanks so much for sharing and have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Hugs, Coralie
Gorgeous table! I love your dishes. They are perfect for today! Thanks so much for sharing!
Hello ...your blog is really lovely!! I am a daily visitor to your blog! Thank you for your comments!
Sheila,
Your tablescapes is just so Beautiful....Wisheing you Happy Thanksgiving....Thanks for the prayers....Love ya my friend..Katherinellen
Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family, Sheila.
Thank you for being a bright and loving light in our universe.
Sheila,
Late again...oh, my. So typical of me, I guess! But I wouldn't have missed this for the world. What a beautiful table you have set. Your china (both sets) are simple yet elegant and I agree, gold does looks so pretty by candlelight. And the reflection of your crystal in the silver is stunning! I love your little fox compote and the squashes. The trumpet vases are awesome. I have never seen them before, plain or otherwise.
The picture you took that looks like the Norman Rockwell painting is perfect! You know I love him...well, his early work, and I am sorry that you & Mr. Magpie could not be sitting here with family or friends today. And I wish you could be with your family and friends in North Carolina. But at least you don't have to cook! I put my turkey in at 5:00 this morning and then sat in the peace and quiet having some coffee. Slept again until 8:30 and realized I put the turkey in WAY too early. We are supposed to eat at 3:00 and I believe it will b done about 1:00. LOL! I'm a good cook, I'm just bad with math!
Thanks for coming by last night. You know, I have met so many people this past year, but none seem as 'real' as you do. You have that quality of coming across so well in you words...So, I am very thankful I met you and our friendship means so much to me.
Best wishes to MM for a speedy recovery. Enjoy your dinner and have a relaxing and enjoyable day!
Much love,
Jane
P.S. Love the horns!!
Hi Las and Happy Thanksgiving! Your table setting is beautiful. I wanted to say I am thankful for finding such a sweet Scottish las. YOU! I have enjoyed sharing and getting to know you I hope one day we will (meet maybe in Scotland)
Enjoy your holiday and don't work to hard.
xoxo Gina
wow stunning table
popping by to wish you happy thanksgiving
Sarah
Sheila, thanks ever so much for visiting my blog and for your kind words.
Now how did you know I had a phesant feather fetish? (try saying that fast five times! Love the feathers on the napkins. Your fruit dishes are adorable. I've been on the hunt for some quite a while now with no luck. Thanks for sharing and have a Happy Thanksgiving. -- AL
I love reflections in photos. An "unexpected" gift! Your table is so beautiful. Love the feathers and those plates are luscious! Hope the mister is feeling better. Happy Thanksgiving, dear friend!
Brenda
Fabulous table setting to celebrate a special meal with family and friends.
Really like what you did with the feathers, everything is really lovey but the feather details are a nice touch.
What lovely table settings and holiday decorations! Thanks so much for the visit this morning. Hope your Thanksgiving Day was wonderful ;-)
Hugs and blessings,
Shelia,
Happy Thanksgiving. I love, love, love your plates! The whole table is lovely, but oh those plates are stunning....I have plate envy! Oh my.
Hugs,
Donna
Sheila, thank you for coming by on this Thanksgiving day and for your sweet comments. I forgot to mention my sterling flatware. It's called Chateau Rose by Alvin Sterling. My in-laws gave us the set for a wedding gift over 25 years ago. I love your plates! Your tablescape was beautiful! I hope you didn't look to close at mine because I have no idea where the dessert fork and spoon go! (LOL!) God Bless! Lauralu :)
Fabulous.
Happy Thanksgiving to you, too.
What a gorgeous gorgeous table - I love your china! Stunning!
I hope you had a wonderful day and your stomach is as full as mine is!!!!
Onward towards Christmas!
Hi Shelia,
Hope your Thanksgiving has gone well!
I tried to email you but some errors occurred...I'll try again, and also from my email...
BTW-your table looks wonderful, very much like a NR painting!
Michelle
Oh Sheila, Emily Post, Martha and all the rest of the decorating divas have absolutely nothing on you! What wonderful work you went to for us. Thank you for an elegant and beautiful display of all your Harvest Finery! Hope the food was good and the company even better! Cheers my friend, Mollye
Wow! Gorgeous tablescape! I love both patterns of china, the pheasant feathers, the majolica with the fox, the pumpkins & gourds, everything! It's all so fabulous! And I love the horns--what a great idea! And your photos are wonderful--I especially LOVE the one with the reflection in the knife blade! Thanks for your sweet comment--I'm so glad Mr. Magpie's feeling better and at least you got to go out to your favorite restaurant and have a delicioius brunch! It sounds wonderful! Have a great weekend! Patti
PS: I think that might be Mom's silverware, too! It looks verrrrry familiar --I'm going to have to find out! :) Patti
Looks like you had a beautiful Thanksgiving!
I need to join you all sometime for this fun table scape event!!
Blessing to you:)
Take care,
kayellen
Shiela: Your table is so beautiful. Your wedding china and crystal is really beautiful and perfect for your thanksgiving table. You have given me lots of ideas for future tablescapes of my own.
Thanks for the beautiful post.
Aunt Nutty
That was so beautiful Sheila! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving ♥
Lovely, just lovely. Your Duke plates are my favorite. And I think your blooper adds charm to an otherwise totally perfect table. And the good thing is, you don't even have to serve any food with all that eye candy!
Beautiful post. Love that tablescape!
Judy
Sheila - wow, you sure have the eye for tablescapes. I love the ceramic pumpkins. I've never seen them before but I'm going to keep my eye to collect them. We have similar tastes - my wedding china is Royal Dalton and my silver is Gorham also. We've moved too many times during our forty years for our crystal to have survived. Besides, it was Fostoria and rimmed in gold and the gold finally faded away by too many washes in the dishwasher. Now I know I should have washed them by hand. Oh the mistakes we make as young brides.
Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Sam
Hi Sheila!
Thank you for checking on me. I know it's been way too long since I have been able to do a "proper" post, and also much too long since visiting others. I am surprised to find I still have visitors!
This is a lovely post- such a pretty table! I hope Mr. Magpie has fully recovered by now?
I can say that no matter what happens, I can always find something for which to be thankful (oh dear, is that proper English?) and one of those things/people, is you!
Sheila, this table scape is so gorgeous. What an inspiration. I did do a little more this Thanksgiving to make my table more inviting, but nowhere near yours. You ladies are so inspiring. Hope your hubby is feeling better and hope you don't get the flu! Happy Pink Saturday.
Smiles,
Tricia
Hello Sheila
A healthy and happy thanksgiving to you and yours.
The table with all its china and crystal beauty, took my breath away...all so very lovely... right down to sneaky Mr.fox sitting on that gorgeous compote!
I think my favorite shot would be, how the crystal is reflected back on to the silver knife,almost like a criss-cross of watery diamonds
Thank you for sharing such beauty.
Gracie
oh!!! I am so glad I stopped by! I love it. All of it! I am so enthralled with "Duke of Gloucester" I used to work at the Craft House in Williamsburg and that is one of the patterns they showcase. I just love it. But that compote (is that what you called it?) is just darling. Looks like you had a lovely time setting your table!
Hi Sheila,
You have a beautiful Thanksgiving table and I so enjoyed your post! Thank you so much for sharing it with us and I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings,
Sandi
I just love all your pictures and items. Superb! It is a marvelous collection and so nicely presented.
I have been visiting and not commenting. My brain is in Louisiana with my son who is not feeling well and somewhat alone in that dorm in New Orleans.
We had only two for Thanksgiving here and so wish we were at the restaurant with you and the lovely couple from Louisiana. Somehow if I was in St. Augustine, I would feel a bit less helpless since I would be only 5 hours away. (okay, maybe a bit more) We visited the hotel area on a school class trip while it was being renovated. And, of course, more times during 1999-2000. Oh, my, 10 years ago now.
So glad you had some chatting company on T Day. Thanks so much for your visits! I always appreciate a bit of Florida sunshine in my day.
I get to be your 100th comment! Yay!
What a darling tablescape. You are just too much! I cannot keep up!
Hope your husband is feeling stronger.
I love your plates and the napkin rings. Oh, I love it all!
Becky K.
Hello Ms. Sheila,
Thank you for such a lovely post. I learned a few things about Rhode Island, horns for drinking cups and I never would have noticed the dessert spoon bing in the wrong order as the fork. The table is just beautiful and elegant. I too ended up at a restaurant for Thanksgiving due to family members being far away this year but it's a nice change from time to time.
Thank you so much for your visits. You are such a doll to think of me and I am deeply grateful. To answer your question about the blogs, I am looking for mixed media artists of all kinds not just paper dolls. I will write a more detailed post about what I am looking for but I will say that many of the Pink Saturday participants are what I call mixed media artists. I can write about anything so I am not limited at all. Feel free to submit anyone for review.
Sending you butterfly magic for a perfect day.
xoxo
~Kitty Kellie
Such a perfect setting. The fruit and berries made my heart go all a flutter! LOL The table was just delicious~
I can just imagine a table set that way for a buffet in honour of Louis XIV. It's nothing short of splendid. Have I misses a PS post?
Sheila ~ How beautiful! I wish I could have dinner at your house sometime! Hope Mr. Magpie is feeling better.
wow sheila that is a stunning table i love your pumpkin centre peice very cool hope you had a fantastic thanksgiving:)
What a wonderful tablescape you've produced! You must do a Thanksgiving meal using a table exactly like this one. Everything is perfect--ahem! --except that one tiny item that I never noticed.
GOR-GEOUS table! Love the use of the pheasant feathers. And your new header picture is perfect!
Stunning....just absolutely stunning and I love the orange! xo
Shelia..
Just dropping by to thank you for your visit and to see your lovely tablescape. Yours is just wonderful down to the tiniest detail. I'll also wish you a happy Pink Saturday and a wish for you to have a wonderous weekend...filled with many bright,shiny objects..And as a p.s. I do hope Mr. Magpie is better soon..
Lovely post!!!
Hugs and blessings,xoxo
Beautiful Happy Pink Saturday!
Hi, dear Sheila! What a beautiful Thanksgiving table & I trust that you and yours had a wonderful Thanksgiving day together. We sure did! Thanks so much for the sweet warm wishes. Right back at you, my friend! xoxo
Oh, Sheila, your Thanksgiving tablescape is heavenly! I love everything about it! I trust that you had a very happy Thanksgiving! Blessings to you! Vicki
Sheila,
This is simply beautiful. I adore how so many of the chosen items have some significance or memory attached to them. Such a fun way to build traditions and revisit the memories of special people and places as you embellish your table!
So sorry you had to miss traveling to NC for Thanksgiving. Hopefully Mr. Magpie is on the mend and feeling better with each passing day. I had to smile when you mentioned that some of your centerpieces came from Highlands as we've spent a lot of time in that area. Very peaceful.
xo
Sue
Your table looks beautiful! I hope you had a wonderful holiday and thank you for popping in for a visit!
How beautiful, Shelia! Wow!
I hope your Thanksgiving was lovely, even though you had to stay home! I'm very thankful for you, lady!
Jen :-)
I'm just now getting around to looking at the Thanksgiving posts... your table is absolutely gorgeous! What a treat for your guests!
Good morning Sweetie Sheila....
Oh my....your table is just DELISH.....I LOVE your china....both patterns. And, your silver. And the crystal. Yep, centerpiece too....Alllll of it. It's so pretty. I think the pheasant feathers are my favorite addition though. Perfection. As usual.
I'm thankful for YOU! :-)
I hope the restaurant provided a yummy meal and that Mr. Magpie's feeling much better now.
Big huggies and lovies,
S
What a gorgeous, gorgeous table!
What a wonderful post and table scape! I would have loved to have eaten at your table, a feast for the eyes! Loved the feathers adn the silver vases...but everything was gorgeous!
I like the feather best, nice decoration.
I have something for you here,
http://mariaberg-garden.blogspot.com/2009/11/todays-flower-awards.html
/Maria Berg
Ps. My birthday is the 8th of december, MB
A wonderful Thanksgiving tablescape! I do like that very cute little pumpkin that Mr Fox has his eye on. Oh and Mrs Magpie I am thankful for your gift of humour too, it's such a delight to visit your blog. :)
Post a Comment