It's another lovely Pink Saturday at our good friend Beverly's blog, and today I'd like to share twelve little pink things (some of which) I found around my house that make me smile. Hope they make you smile, too!
I actually have two of these lady bug ornaments, and as you can tell, they are identical twins. I love their big smiles, silly wire antenna, pink cheeks, stripes, and polka dots. And oh, yes... the fact that they just happen to be pink...
Then there's this little monkey friend who's painted by folk artist, Lila Graves. This is actually a card I framed. This girl is a queen, you know...
And here is her scepter...
With a great big Gerber daisy on the front. It's pink, just in case you didn't notice. ;-)
And surprise! It has a fly swatter on the back...
Pretty convenient don't you think??? And it comes in handy when you're trying to keep the flies off the royal cupcakes.
No one said anything about the butterflies on the cupcakes...
Because butterflies, we like...
Particularly when they are pink sparkly ones...
From butterflies to birds, I found this little pink and green cottage birdhouse inhabited by a flock of flamingos, and my Florida-loving heart connected...
Doesn't this look just like a cottage where a pink flamingo would live???
And I love its little pink shingled roof. I wish they made pink shingles for bigger houses...
Now, flamingos aren't the only pink animals that live here. There are also pink elephants...
Who happily co-exist with velveteen rabbits with pink ears, noses, and whiskers...
And this trio of critters...
Who happen to be a pink-eared camel...
With pink feet...
A pink striped zebra...
And a pink elephant. No, you're not seeing things. That makes two pink elephants if you're counting. ;-)
The animals and the other happy pink things have been having a pow-wow about how to co-exist in a little room that is being designated a kid zone for visiting Munchkins (godchildren and namesakes and such). It's a room I plan to reveal to you, but on another day...
The last pink thing that makes me smile is this symbol for Pink Saturday...

Because that means I get to visit some of my favorite people in the Land of Blog. Want to know the best thing about Pink Saturday? No one thinks you're goofy to be a grown magpie who loves stuffed animals because the other Pinkies love theirs just as much! And dolls! And dollhouses! And pink high heels! And pink Cadillacs! And pink dishes! And all sorts of shiny pink objects! So I thoroughly enjoy this day. It helps that Beverly is also very sweet. So please join me over at Beverly's as I visit her and her friends by clicking here.
I'm not sure if this is cheating (because I've known her for quite some time), but if you don't know Claudie of Bubblin' Over, please make it a point to meet her. She is a doll, and I think she is just about one of the pinkest Pinkies I know. Love her lots. So do yourself a favor and meet Claudie by clicking here!
Thanks so much for visiting me, and I look forward to visiting you, too! Enjoy this day as I'm wishing you happiness by the armload on this beautiful Pink Saturday! :-)
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




94 comments:
I like ALL the pinks on your post today!!!
Last night I dreamed I came to stay in your guest room. There was a sink in the room and I turned on the water, was so tired and fell asleep. When I woke up there was water EVERY WHERE!! It was running all over the floor and soaked your pretty bed linens. I was in shock!! I was trying to get the water up and I was telling myself you were going to be mad and would not have me back for a visit. LOL
Crazy dreams I have. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs
Hey, I'm your first commenter on Pink Saturday! Your pink things are just too cute! I especially love your velveteen rabbit, (is it THE velveteen rabbit?), no I guess not seeing as he is now real.o) I taught Kindergarten and Preschool for several years and that was a much loved book, such a sweet story. Your pink elephants win second place in my eyes! HUGS, and thank you for your sweet comment on my blog, dear friend. Hugs, Cindy S.
Uhoh, I took too long writing it and Patti Cakes jumped ahead of the line.o) Hugs again.
Wow! You have so many pretty pinks and they are all adorable, Sheila...Christine
Happy Pink Saturday! I love your Pink Daisy Flyswatter! Cuteness...Grace
Oh my gosh...these little pink cuties make me smile as well, so adorable and whimsical!!!
Happy Pink Saturday!!
xOxO Nerina :)
wow... alot of pink ...my girls would love it all~
sandy toe
WHAT? and I only have a pink mother earth to show Mrs. Magpie! Beverly doesn't ever know about it! A shout out for ME? Oh I just love you to pieces, I really do.
My fav little pink is the very adorable sparkly cupcake. I have been looking for one around these neck of the woods, and I just can't seem to find one. I betcha I will find one when I visit.
Of course I love all the little creatures that are lurking in your home.
I just returned from shopping. I found the cutest baby blue leather chair for my "arse" to sit on while blogging. You know I never swear, but I always have to refer to "it" as "that". LOL
Oh and I also found some SWEET bubbles and goodies to show off on next PS.
I am not participating this week, because I can't really spend time visiting. Colt and Randy have a book signing, and I'm going with them... again yeah!
Love you bunches and thanks soooooo much for featuring me on your awesome blog.
Love Claudie from BUBBLIN' OVER
xoxoxoxoxo
I LOVE all of your pink goodies. I can't wait to see the kid zone room.....I bet it will be fabulous! Have a great Saturday!!!!!
Hi Sheila! I love all of the pinkness!! How fun it must be to visit at your house! I am running soooo far behind after my beach break, but I have read all of your posts to catch up. I have a double happiness jar like yours! Maybe it goes with the bunny box! lol Congrats to your winner...love that Nippon bowl! It reminds me of the little Nippon plate I found in Asheville...at the GW of all places! Unbelievable what people will give away! Have a wonderful weekend...hugs...Debbie
Hi Sheila!
What adorable *pinks* you have in your home to brighten your day! Those ladybugs are so cute!
Happy Pink Saturday dear friend!
Hugs, Pat
Hi Sheila! Yes, I saw Janie's blog and I am afriad that she got more than she bargained for when she asked me to translate!! lol I wrote a small novella! I do love those plates! Thanks for your sweet remarks about my Andrew. He is the apple of his Granny's eye!! Happy weekend...hugs...Debbie
You have the cutest things! And some of the most unique and most interesting collections!
I loved each and every one of them! And I'll have to bring my granddaughter here because second to ducks her love is lady bugs!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Love to you,
Eileen
PS ~ Thanks so much for all your wonderful comments to me all the time!
Hi Sheila,
This is so superbly pinkish! Great collection of fun and whimsical goodies! I hope your having a great week-end in sunny Florida! Hugs, Cindy
Hi Sheila, I can always count on you to put a smile on my face. This is another adorable pink post. I love all the critters that roam around your place. Thanks for the sweet comment. Debbie and Andrew are dear!
in the land of blog whimsy is part of the travels love all your cute and very pink picture. thank you for you help last week on the collage info i made one if you should stop by and visit my blog it is a few posts back from pink saturday.
marie
What adorable pinks you have here! The flamingo cottage is my favorite...too cute. We also have a daisy fly swatter...mine is red...I would prefer pink! Those pink lady bugs are precious...I like their little smiles, too...they're all just adorable, and they made me smile!
Blessings,
Mary
What a fun post Sheila!! I picked you to feature on my Pink Saturday post tomorrow morning. I love visiting here and I love it even more when you leave me one of your wonderful comments! Can't wait to see the room that houses all of those adorable critters!
Well you've brightened my day! Are you getting this storm that's rolling around up in my part of the land?! Wowza...I actually had a *pumpkin* blow around on the porch!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Laura
xoxox
Adorable!!! Loved your little lady bugs! Such happy little things...and of course the elephants caught my eye! Loved the stuffed one, especially. It's one of those things that makes you smile for sure.
Oh yes....Claudie....she's such a doll, isn't she? I love her too.
Have a wonderful weekend sweetie pie....
I'll be trying to make some sense of my garage. YIKES.
Huggies and lovies,
S
Sheila, Happy PiNk to you!
I love all of your pink but the fly swatter is my favorite. :0)
May the piNk bliss follow you through your week!
Scatter Bliss..
Stephanie
Shelia, Those are about the cutest pink items. You gave me a smile this early in the morn, Thanks.
Thanks also for your comments on my blog.
Barbara
All of those are so adorable, Sheila ... but the lady bugs are my favorite.
I love the flag picture on your sidebar, too. What a beautiful background.
Rubbing my eyes....perhaps thinking it is a dream...TWO pink elephants? What a zoo it is over her Ms. Magpie!
Oh...and Claudie? I love her too...hmmmm great minds (and fabric hoarders) PINK alike!
I'm loving all your cute pinks...all those funny adorable faces make me smile. And the birdhouse is quirky and wonderful!!! Enjoy your pink Saturday and have a lovely weekend!
Sheila, those ladybugs are adorable! And I heart that birdhouse. This room must be so much fun, can't wait to see it. You've chosen perfect fun things to spark the imagination and most importantly, just make you smile! Love, love, love this post. And the music was perfect. Kathy
Very fun! Love the pink elephants!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol
I've good news for you, Shelia! They DO make pink shingles for house tops. Just move on down to South Florida, and you'll quickly spot some.
I love all your pinks this week but that bird house is my favourite. How sweet would it be to see a litte bird popping in and out of it?
I hope you have a lovely Pink Saturday :)
Such a great collection of pinkness! Have a great weekend.
Well that was worth a big smile today!!
Enjoy the pinks...Have a wonderful day! xo Tami
I am so in love with that pink and green birdhouse! My daughter has a fixation with pink flamingos and laughs at me because I frown when she talks about putting some in the yard. I tell her back yard, okay, front yard, noooooooo...pul-leeze!!!
Now, I've got to rethink the whole pink flamingo thing, Sheila!
Happy Pink Saturday. Your pink things are as cute as your post. I never saw pink lady bugs before, but these are the cutest!
Have a lovely pink day.
Karen
what pink fun you're having, I especially love the pink fly swatter! Happy Pink Saturday! Suzie
Good Morning Sheila
I enjoyed seeing all your pink cuties today. My daughter wore pink nearly every day for the first 5 years of her life! We love pink over here.
Hope you are having a lovely Saturday. Going over to visit your friend now.
Lindsay
x
Happy Pink Saturday, Sheila! What a fun post. Love the pink lady bugs!
Blessings,
Sandi
Happy PS Sheila, lots of cute things on your site today. smile....smile. However the one thing that would be a must have for me is the fly swatter. We use one of those to swat the butt of our little Boston Terrior, Toby when he misbehaves so when we reach for the flyswatter he scatters like flies! He wouldn't be intimidated by this cutesy flower power one though! Hugs, Mollye
Sheila, You make me smile every time I drop by. I love all of your pink. I hope you have a wonderful weekend ♥
Happy Pinks, Sheila! Love your 12 pinks they are all so adorable! Especially the pretty gerber daisy bug swatter and the darling ornamanets.
Have a lovely weekend!
Tina
The 12 things that make you smile have made me very happy as well. The lady bug is just too cute for words. You put so much work into your posts. I just wanted you to know it is appreciated. Have a great Pink Saturday.
Happy Pink Saturday. You couldn't help but smile every time you saw that cute pink money with her tiara. I love it.
Sam
Happy Pink Saturday Sheila...
I so love these little ladybugs. When my Heidi Girl was born I nicknamed her LadyBug, and her two daughters I call my BabuBugs. I need three of these little LadyBugs, they are just precious.
I love the rabbits, zebras, the monkey. Heck honey I love all of them. That monkey with his face smiling right back at you.
I am really loving that fly swatter now. All of us pinkies should have one of those.
Thanks for sharing sweetie. Stop by and let me share my pink post with you.
Country hugs...Sherry
I forgot to mention, and thank you for flying our Canadian flag. I really appreciated it Mrs. Magpie.
Hope your having a Happy PS. in sunny Fla.
Love Claudie
xoxoxoxo
Hi Sheila, What a wonderful pink post. Oh my goodness you have a lot to post and the pictures are great. Thank you for visiting me. Happy pink Saturday
Oh, so Florida, and almost so Lilly! There was a Lilly warehouse sale online yesterday. As soon as we are back in Florida, I'm leaving my New York black behind and Lilly-ing up in pink and lime!
Happy Pink Saturday.
I love your Pink ! muy simpaticos!
Happy pink saturday!!!
That monkey is too cute! Love the little cupcake too. Happy Pink Saturday and have a loveleigh weekend!
oh i love the shingled roof! & the sparkly cupcake!! who could not love pink ladybugs :)
have a beautiful day!!! loveliest wishes
Thank you for sharing all your pinks, it's amazing when we look around how many pinks we can find right in our own home...love the flamingo house with the pink shutters. Happy PS.
Hi Sheila,
Yes, your treasures made me smile too. Pink shingles would definitely raise an eyebrow or two but how fun would that be to have on the house? Haha!
Wishing you a Happy Pink Saturday and sending butterfly wishes for a positively pink and perfect day.
Cheers! =D
~Kitty Kellie
I loved,loved your post today as always. Loved those ladybugs and the expressions on all the little animal faces. I have to say that camel almost have me on the floor laughing at his cuteness. Happy Pinks and have a great weekend.
Beautiful assortment of Pinks!! I love ladybugs and frosted cupcakes, such a delish post! Thank you and thank you also for your visit to my blog. Happy P.S.
Precious PINKS!!!
HPS to you!
Hi, Sheila,
All of your fabulous pinkies made me smile. Those cute pink ladybugs can come and live at Bunny Cottage any time! Happy Pink Saturday to you and thank you for coming by for a visit. Blessings to you! Vicki
I love your post! Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs,
Jacalyn
Dear Sheila, and now YOU made ME smile! Thank you so much for it!
And also thank you for visiting me! You asked me if my jouth-photos were taken in the Alps: Oh yes, they were! We like to go in the mountains; my favourite sport is skiing...
Warm Austrian autumn-hugs, Traude
I LOVE that fly swatter!! Too fun! I won't be needing one however as it just dumped snow on us here!!
Happy Pink Saturday!
You have a few pink stuff that also make me smile.
Like the pink ladybird and so did my kids.
It is NOT a lens it is a coin sitting on a lens cap! A new swedish coin that most of us in Sweden is not use to see and think it comes from abroad. MB
Happy PINK Saturday
I love all your pink little critters. They are SO sweet. Your birdhouse and the cupcake are adorabl too. You have so much happy PINKness at your home.
thank you for sharing..
Have a lovely rest of this PINK day.
Judi
You have a lot of lovely pinks today, I like them all.
Thanks for the welcome message and the nice words.
Have a great weekend!
Wowza! I love all that whimsical Pink items you posted for Pink Saturday.
Joyce M
Hi Sheila, your post is adorable. I know the children that visit you just love your pink treasures. I love your pink animals and cute pink bird house and cupcake. I know you had fun with this post.
BTW Murphy is about one hour from Franklin. We live in Franklin. We eat at Cafe Rel as often as we can. It is everything that Sam said and more. Richard is a genius with French food. When will you be in Murphy? We will be in Jax for Thanksgiving. Won't it be a shame if we miss each other.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs xoxo, Jeanne
Wow Sheila~you are bustin' out with the cute pinks today! I love your flower flyswatter. I think their Latin name is 'genus flyswattus' (according to "T" over at The Great Smokey Mtns blog). I'm sure hopin' you have a great weekend~
Sheila, those little felt ornaments are adorable! Thanks for the visit today!
How many pretty and funny pinks. Love the bee.
Hugs
Charo
You have the cutest things, and always have with sharing that reminds me of book for children. There, in your spare time, you could turn all of your cute animals into storybooks. I just think Annie needs to be famous!!!
It is so relaxing coming over here! Love your pink things...the monkey is great - has to be our favorite :)
I have never seen a prettier flyswatter. So decorative and a really good idea. I also love the pink Flamingo house and yes I agree about the pink shingles. That would be sublime. Have a great Pink Saturday.
Hi Sheila,
What wonderful goodies you have for Pink Saturday. Thank you for such a treat.
xo Cath
One thing for sure: you always make me smile!
Brenda
Shelia,
Your pink things made me smile too! Love them all...especially that cute little birdhouse!
Too cute Sheila! That has to be the best fly swatter I have ever seen! Love it all. And I love how you tell a story! Yes I agree nobody does pink quite like Claudie! Hope you are having a great Pink Saturday and enjoy the rest of the weekend in that warm Florida sun : ) Love Sherri
Hello Sheila, Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. Love your pink post this week. So many cute pink things here. Molly is doing good thank you so much for asking.
Bless you, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
WOW, this is the best Pink Saturday post!!! I love each and everyone . . . each picture I go, oh, I like this one, then the next one, then the next one!! I think everyone else agrees to with all the comments you have!!!
Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Hugs,
Marsha
Sheila ~ Oh, how you made me smile! What a great collection of pinks. I think I like that birdhouse the best!!! Thanks for visiting me and Happy Pink Saturday!
Those lady bugs are too cute!!My little 5 year old niece has an obsession with lady bugs the past few months!
blessings
mary
love your pinkness today that birdhouse is so lush flamingoes would be proud to live there have a fab pink week:)
Morning girl! I am trying to sneak in alittle blog visiting before daylight and just had to come by and say hello! lol Love all your pretty pinks and love you even more! I think of you so often and always smile when I see your name on my post...you are such a treasure and a blessing to me dear friend....take care and have a glorious Sunday! ~Picket~
Morning girl! I am trying to sneak in alittle blog visiting before daylight and just had to come by and say hello! lol Love all your pretty pinks and love you even more! I think of you so often and always smile when I see your name on my post...you are such a treasure and a blessing to me dear friend....take care and have a glorious Sunday! ~Picket~
Sheila, this was so fun. You know you spoke to my Florida loving heart with that flamingo birdhouse. And, those pink shingles. Be still my heart. But, it is kind of on the small side for flamingos. I think maybe the babies live in there.
I love Pink Saturday, too. Everyone that participates is so nice - and fun, too.
Sheila, What a delightful post! I sure made me smile this morning. I had to grin when I read how your PS friends also enjoy stuffed animals, pink things and so on - it is soooo true. I have lots of little whimsys around my house, too, including stuffed bears up my staircase :-) I enjoyed my little tour of your 12 things. I look forward to seeing the room that is home to your 3 little (kind of weird) creatures. Thanks for stopping by my blog and keep those posts coming.
Smiles,
Tricia
Hello Las,
I love all your pinks. I have to tell you my bedroom fabric and bathroom wallpaper are english cabbage roses and the 2 main colors are cranberry pink and green. This is now as an adult. I guess you never vere far from what you love. Happy Pink Saturday my Scottish friend.
All your pinks this week make me smile. All happy and the colors are just right. The monkey is great, Happy Pink SAturday and please forgive my tardiness, we moved my mom's things out of storage yesterday and when we finished, I was pooped, Char
My favorite i think are the BUGS for sure..
I agree with you Claudie is one of my favs too!
Im doing a survey-- stop by and give me your opinion?
TTFN~~Claudia ♥ ♥
Sheila, thanks for stopping by, I love pink too, I just bought a pretty pink Coach purse, love it!
Our Bengals just won, and now I can get ready to go enjoy White Christmas, so excited! Sue
WHOA....your blog loaded up FAST !!
Thanks so much for making it a pleasure to visit with you here.
YOU DID GOOD !!
And, I am loving all your beautiful pinks...so sorry I didn't get by sooner but I have been doing my grandmotherly things with 3 grands this weekend!! Not a lot of time for computer play !!
xo bj
Adorable!
Oh, Dear Sheilaness. Darling, you are just so delightful! I love all of your wonderful pinkness and all those little faces! Can't wait to see your munchkin room!
No no Nannette! You don't have too many shiny objects on your sidebar! The thing about my blog button - a fellow blogger just took it and did what it needed and all I did is copy and paste it and it popped up! I know nothing. So if I get slow, tell me.
I never have any problem coming to your blog. It pops up with all the shiny objects just like that! ;)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Hi Sweet Friend!! Was up your way today with hubby and Maddy, but we had to stay mission-oriented! sigh~~~ Me and Maddy, however, have decided that there is way to much there that we haven't seen properly yet, so we will be planning a trip for just us girls in the next couple of months! And the possiblity of a snippet of time with the one and only Mrs. Magpie! Well now, that is certainly something to "squawk" about!!!
All of your pink is simply precious!! Love the fly swatter reveal!! Hee hee!!
Have a glorious week, you joy spreader you!!
Love ya,
Becky
Sheila,
Love...Love the fly swatter with the gerber daisies...so cute! Love the ladybugs ornament..they are cute....Great pink posts...as usual...Love to visit you. Sorry I haven't got back sooner...I feel a bit better but what took so long...Had lots of Family issues....with their health and emergency ...Will explain on my post...Thanks for your thoughfulness and prayers,,,I going to try to post tomorrow..if not maybe Tuesday...It's been so hestic here...and busy. Still have more tests to do for me...taking antibodic for infections...Keep me and your prayers..Thanks again..Love ya my friend Kathy
Hi Sweet Sheila...I love your pinks! I think my fav is your little bird house with the pink flamingos on it. I also say "AMEN" to your comment about Claudie...she is the pinkiest person I know too and I love her to pieces! ;) Hugs...~CC Catherine
What fun pink stuff. A girl can never have too much pink!
Such a cute pink post! Love the ladybird. :)
Love all the pinkness here. Such fun stuff. Love the birdhouse with the pink shingles. It would be fun to have a house with a pink roof!
~Linnea
Post a Comment