Luke 2: 8-14
8
¶ And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.
10
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace,
good will toward men.
¶ And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.
9
And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them; and they were sore afraid.
10
And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11
For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12
And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying,
14
Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace,
good will toward men.




21 comments:
Amen !
Beautiful post,Sheila.
What a great verse selection to go with your angel. And the greenery is so pretty, too. Have a wonderful Sunday! :)
What a beautiful scripture passage
for this Sunday and to go with your beautiful angel.
Have a wonderful Sunday!♥♥♥
This is the section of Bible that my husband reads aloud each Christmas Eve. I love it!
Amen! Just beautiful!
Happy Sunday friend!
Hello Shelia,
I got your email and am glad you are happy to have won the giveaway. Should I send the first prize listed -- the nativity set --to you or give the second winner a choice?
The prizes are at my home where I hope to return tomorrow, Monday morning.
Carrie
Beautiful!
Good Morning, Sweet Friends! And "Amen" to your "Amens"! :-)
Thank you for dropping by this morning. I have about five minutes to reply before I have to leave for the day, but I will check in later and visit everyone's blogs!
Carrie, I thought about it last night, and I would love to have a nativity set since mine is a miniature, but I will happily take the plate (it's lovely, too) if the second winner really wants the nativity set! I just appreciate your generosity. Thank you so much! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Hi Sheila...I could steal that plate so it's a good thing your shepherd angel is guarding it! Loved the scripture too! ;-) Bo
Hi, Bo and Alex! So nice to see you. :-)
Bo, that plate was a gift from one of my very dearest friends. She has given me a set of 12 over the years, and I love them because they remind me of her! :-)
Alex, I hope you have a good week, too! Big hugs! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Oh, sweet Sheness! Lovely! Amen!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;0 Glory to God in the hightest!
What a lovely post Sheila!
Hi, She-lady and Andi! He is the most wonderful gift to the whole world, isn't He? Glory to God for the Savior! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Sheila,It seems that both of you want the plate. As it is, I have a another plate in the series, so I will send you the one pictured and send the other to the second winner, at a Hint of Home.
Please send me your address. It seems I will not be going home until Wednesday since the power is expected to be restored on Tuesday night.
Carrie
Beautiful! We loved this scripture today too!
blessings,
kari & kijsa
Hi, Carrie! I actually love the nativity set and would be very happy with that! But whatever you want to do is fine with me. I just appreciate your genorsity so much! :-)
Kari and Kijsa, hello! I'm so glad you love this scripture, too, and I love your blog! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Beautiful Christmas tour---your home is lovely.
Sue
One of my favorite verses!
Thank you for posting it!
So wonderful...I am so pleased that I paused a moment this evening to linger here! :)
Hi ladies! Thank you so much for dropping by today!
Sue, you are so sweet to say that! Thank you!
Mary Anne, you are more than welcome, and it's my fave, too!
Muse, I'm so glad you paused, too! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Post a Comment