Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Monday, December 8, 2008

Blue Monday: Little Roadie

Good Morning and welcome! Happy Blue Monday to everyone! Speaking of which, very recently I was driving down the road with Mr. Magpie, minding our own business, when suddenly we spotted: something shiny, something new, something pretty, something B-L-U-E!

Screeeeeeeeeeeech! The tires ground to a halt as I leapt from our one horse open sleigh [aka the MagpieMobile] quicker than you can say, "Blue Scooter!" For indeed it was a blue scooter, the very blue scooter pictured here...



Then I spotted something else: something little, something red, something stringy, made of thread. "Hey, wait a minute... it couldn't be! Annie! Is that YOU?"



And indeed it was. Annie was there in all of her glory, admiring her red hair in the motorcycle's shiny chrome!



And just as I got her name out of my mouth, Mr. Grump [who shall remain headless] appeared. He was so dazzled by Annie's beauty that he didn't watch what he was doing, and with one jerk of his chain, pulled all the scooters [except Annie's] over!



"Pssssssssst, Annie! This way! Hurry! Quick!"



I'm sorry I didn't get a picture of the scooters on the ground, but we were back in the MagpieMobile [it morphed from a sleigh back into a getaway car] before Mr. Grump could catch us. Annie drove as Mr. Magpie and I crouched on the floor of the backseat...



More about that later. ;-)

If you'd like to see other Blue Monday offerings, please visit our hostess, Smiling Sally at her blog of the same name. You may reach her blog by clicking on the link below:



http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/



Happy Blue Monday! :-)


Still on the run,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)


Disclaimer: No blue scooters or rag dolls or even grumpy old men were harmed in the making of this documentary.

43 comments:

Eleanor said...

I am awarding you the Grand Prize (you didn't know about this one, did you?) for the most original Blue monday posting!! I am sure that all other comment-ers will agree with me. Great fun to read this post! A scooting' good story!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank you, Eleanor! LOL! We had fun making this. Glad you enjoyed it! :-) I loved your lovely flowers this morning!

XO,

Sheila

Bo said...

Good morning and thanks for the giggles to start my day...I'm glad nobody was hurt in this blue story!
LOL ;-) Bo

Unknown said...

Hi Shelia,
I just love the creative way you approach every topic! Loved your Blue Monday post!

Hope you have a wonderful day!

bj said...

ooooo, so glad everyone turned out ok in this fabulous BLUE STORY...so so so cute and I, too, think the prize should go to YOU, you BLUE THING, you!
love, bj

SmilingSally said...

lol I'm so glad you escaped Mr. Grump's anger. Tell Maggie to buckle up for safety! Happy Blue Monday!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Your so funny. I love your little Annie doll.

Rue said...

Good morning Sheila :)

What a wonderful way to start my day! gigle giggle giggle..... ;)

I love that scooter! I wonder if Rich would get one of those instead of a Harley...hmmmm.... ?

Have a wonderful day today sweet friend!!

love,
rue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Morning -- Bo, Diane, BJ, Theresa, Sally, and Rue! Glad you got a chuckle from this.

It's actually true that the man did pull his motorcycles over and tried to blame Annie till he saw how much slack he had in his rope/chain thing! LOL! I was quick to point that out as Annie and I hightailed it out of there!

Mr. Magpie was maddly signaling from the car. LOL! He saw the whole thing, and it helps that he is a lawyer... though he is married to me and guardian of Annie so I don't know if that would count in court. ;-)

All in good fun!

Thanks for stopping by and the comments! :-)

XO,

Sheila...who is going to TRY and decorate. Emphasis on the word TRY. ;-)

Knitty said...

I am relieved that you and Annie are ok, and that she was only checking her reflection and not preparing to zip off without a helmet.

Safety first, Annie!

Baba said...

Good morning , I want to know if you took the scooter home with you and Annie?? I love that color blue....thanks for sharing such a cute story!!

Neabear said...

Thank you for the giggle! So Cute. I never know what you and Annie are up to next. Thank you for your visits and wonderful comments. Happy Blue Monday! I hope you and Annie can stay out of trouble for the rest of the day. :-)

Anonymous said...

Morning Sheilaness! Oh, how funny! You're a brave gal!! You're a hoot!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia :)

Anonymous said...

Fun times here Sheila! I'm glad no one was hurt! What a great row of blue scooters ;0)

Sweetie said...

What a clever Blue Monday post. I am still laughing. Happy Blue Monday.
Sweetie

Grandma Faith said...

What fun! Your Blue Monday post is wonderful.

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest post ever. I'm so happy that you and Annie are safe. Gracious !! What an adventure !! :).You've made me laugh out loud this Blue Monday..have a great day.

Anonymous said...

Sheila, you must be feeling better. Your post is so much fun. The blue scooter is very blue but Annie was the star of this post. I'm a little nervous to see Annie driving the get-a-way car. LOL. Thanks for the laugh today.

Christmas hugs...Jeanne

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

You are too, too funny! And the "disclaimer" at the end was the cherry on the sundae. Hysterical. Thanks for making me smile on a Monday. :-)

Ms. Tee said...

You are so clever, Mrs. Magpie - Annie driving cracks me up! And it always makes me smile when you say you spotted something shiny. ;)

I do think that we are living in parallel universes! I have Christmas boxes stacked so high in my kitchen I can't see into the living room. I have g-o-t to get it all out today!

I'm glad you liked all the beach ornaments, and hope you have a wonderful Monday (getting out from under all of your decorations) too!

cotedetexas said...

we both have cars/scooters on the brain this Monday! I love that scooter. thanks for the comment too!!!

Joni

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, ladies -- Knitty, Baba, Linnea, Shelia, Ellen, Sweetie, Grandma Faith, CC, Jeanne, Laura, Ms. Tee, and Joni! I really appreicate each of you coming by, and I'm glad you liked the blue scooter and Annie on it. She is a trouble maker, but I thoroughly enjoy her. She was made by a fellow blogger, Nana at Nana's Treaaures, and I won her in a giveaway. She's been a lot of fun... didn't know that grown up women could enjoy playing with dolls so much! :-)

xo,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oh Shelia
I love your story. I would have been scared to death if they were Hell's Angels LOL. Thank goodness they were scooter guys. We have a RED Vespa and we love it. I feel so free when riding it with my hubby on a beautiful summer day... it's -20 today brrrrr
Claudie from Canada
P.S. Hello to Annie for me.

Coloradolady said...

This made me smile...so cute! So original! Eleanor is right, you win hands down. Have a great week.

jlshall said...

Very cute story, and most welcome on a cold, gray (and blue) Monday.

And I could really use one of those scooters!

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Sheila, you are a hoot, girl! Yes you must get the blue Monday prize. I think you're getting the hang of this blog thing just fine. :)

Liz Harrell said...

You are hilarious. And in my dream/perfect world... I'd ride one of these everyday. In Italy. To my Tuscan villa.

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

LOL!...at the disclaimer! Great post! Annie looks quite comfortable on the fabulous blue scooter! ~hugs, Rhonda :)

The Muse said...

HAHAHA...I agree, with Eleanor, if there is such a GRAND prize, yes this would be the one...

I mean you have it all in one post!

Blue...Check...
Prose...Check...
Intrigue/Mystery...Check
Bravery....Check
Plot...Check
and last (but by no means least)a
Spectacular Getaway Ending!

LOL 2 cute!

the voice of melody said...

What an experience! I love the picture of Annie driving. So funny! :)

Lorrie said...

Hi Sheila--hilarious post. I love those blue scooters. I'm glad Annie grabbed her chance to pose while she had it! Hope all are safe now!

Sherrie said...

Hi!
OOOOOH, loved your post!!!! Glad to hear no one was hurt during your and Annie's little trip! Thanks for sharing.

Sherrie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hello, ladies -- Claudie all the way from Canada, Colorado Lady who is almost in Canada in terms of distance from Florida, Joy who is missing balmy beach weather, Rhoda who has actually accomplished something in her house today, Liz who is ready to hop on one of the blue scooters and scoot to Italy(me, too, Liz!), Rhonda who has finished her decorating (and whom I envy), The Muse who is always busy musing and a-musing, Melody who wants to live in her cute teapot (and so do I!), and Miss Lorrie who has got a new little friend visiting from England! Hope everyone is having a Happy Blue Monday! Thanks so much for the comments. You guys are sweet, and I'm glad you got a kick out of our capers. And yes, if it had been a Harley and if Mr. Grump were a Hell's Angel, I would not be typing this. Fortuitously, we all lived to tell about it! ;-)

Much Magpie Love...

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sherrie! You snuck in on me! Every time I do a long post it happens! LOL! Hi, and thanks for coming by for a visit!

XO,

Sheila :-)

kari and kijsa said...

Teehee- this was fully enjoyable!
blessings,
kari & kijsa

Andi said...

Hey Magpie Sheila! Love your Blue Monday post. Send me your email address at andi.brannon@tampabay.rr.com and I'll send you an invitation to view my blog. I'd love to have you drop by.

Andi

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very cute and funny! Oh..a blue scooter would be fun!
-sandy toes

Charlotte said...

Hi Sheila....thanks for stopping by my blog...any friend of Miss Laura's is a friend of mine....Love that blue scooter....Please stop by often!! Sue

imjacobsmom said...

I agree Elaanor, I agree! This was a a fun read! ~ Robyn

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, ladies -- Andi, Kari, Kijsa, Sandy, Sue and Robyn. So glad to have you here, and thanks so much for your comments! :-)

Annie wants me to tell all of you who are concerned about her driving safety that she has her own version of an airbag (cotton batting) that protects all of her internal organs in case of an accident. In Florida, you don't have to wear a helmet, but Annie promises she will if she ever gets a blue scooter. ;-)

Thanks again for coming by to visit. It's fun to have company! :-)

XO,

Sheila

Anonymous said...

thanks for your very entertaining post.

Happy Blue scooter day!

Kathy b

Mojo said...

Is that Mr. Bill's mom??

Ohhhh noooooo!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks, Kathryn! And LOL, Mojo! If she doesn't quit misbehaving, I'm thinking she may be Sluggo's mother! ;-)

Thank you both for dropping by to visit!

XO,

Sheila