My first blue offering for today is this pair of pajama pants with all these funny sock monkeys (Nick and Nora, to be exact)...
I got these pajamas for Christmas from a friend of mine. Thought I'd throw them on after a long hard day giving a party! (I'm falling asleep at the computer, literally!) I love the little monkeys on them. Look at his little blue snorkle and mask...
And speaking of parties, we gave our second party in a little over a week in honor of one of my best friend's daughters who is getting married. We had a great time! The furniture is still moved out of the family room, so we had lots of tables set up there and on the sun porch. It wasn't a seated affair like the other party, but people enjoyed being able to sit down and mix and mingle at the tables. AND I served Rhoda's (from Southern Hospitality) date balls called Dingbats. They were a huge hit! Those are the Dingbats in the foreground, covered in powdered sugar! Yum! That snowman with the blue hat hasn't spied them yet because if he had, there wouldn't be a single one left! We set up the dessert station in the library. I ran out of time from sheer exhaustion and didn't get to make my Forbidden Kisses (which is a cookie with a Hershey's Kiss in the center), so I just added the Hershey's Kisses to a compote. No one complained! ;-) They were too busy wolfing those down in addition to the death by chocolate brownies. I'm still in sugar overload from sampling those to make "certain" that they were worth being served. They were. LOL!
I have a few other pics that turned out which I might show you later, but in the mean time, I want to show you something blue and wonderful...
My aching body is SO thankful for this AND the new pajamas!
Happy Blue Monday!
XO,
Sheila... in desperate need of some sleep! Please someone remind me I am no longer nineteen years old and able to pull all-nighters! :-)




42 comments:
What cute comfortable looking PJs. All the dessert look so yummy. I like your comment that you had to taste them all to make sure they were worth serving, I use the excuse, to make sure they aren't poision!
Happy Blue Monday and get some rest girl!
~Ann
Mmm! Your dessert table looks yummy! I live in my Nick & Nora's every chance I get! Happy Blue Monday~ Robyn
Oh I LOVE P.J.'s
You should read my Saturday post. It's all about taking time. You deserve it.
Enjoy your bath
Claudie from Canada
Yum I'm now hungry
I think I am a pj addict and I love these!
Sarah
Well it certainly looks like we are all up late. I could use a warm bath with those salts right about now and the funky pajamas wouldd be nice to cozy up in, but I'm just going to skulk (?) off to bed after this comment and dream about those sweets on your table!
Sweet dreams,
Janie
I always enjoy your posts..they're so much fun. And the pj's are just too sweet..I love them. Happy Blue Monday and I hope you got some rest.
Fun post and fun Blue Monday pick!
Happy New Year wishes to you...
Kim
I hope you managed to get a good nights sleep!! and I love your PJ's they looks so comfortable. Happy New Year, Judith
Love those snuggly pjs! Take your bath and snuggle up in them for a rest!
The jammies look good to me because they mean BED! Your table of goodies is set so prettily. I think I'd like some of the Epsom Salts, please. Happy Blue Monday!
Love your new pj pants...and, the desserts looks fabulous. We are having a NYE party and might make some Dingbats...they sound so good.
hugs, bj
Shelia I sure hope you're taking a nap by now after all your labors. The table looks lovely. I absolutely adore your new PJs! Too cute!
I also really enjoyed your post about the things that you value. I appreciate the thoughtful answers that you gave. You are a very special lady and I'm so glad to have you as a blogging friend.
Hi Sheila, You may not be 19 but you sure do know how to throw a party! Everything does look pretty.
I'm with you on slowing down for a little R&R...wish my Christmas was packed away, but I'm not 19 anymore either! lol, ;-) Bo
Good morning..good morning...good morning!!! I hope the sun is shining as bright on your side of the mountain as it is on mine today! That layout looks fantastic & aren't you just the best host ever doing all that taste testing for your guests! lol lol
Those pj's are so cute....I am like you ..my poor body is so tired I could sleep a week! lol I loved your tag post girl..but about you being a Southern girl & not liking cold sweet tea...lordy girl...I'll say an extra prayer for you and hopefully you'll be cured of that condition in no time! lol lol
I told sister that you said you had sent me something to her house...told her she better not be sneaky & not tell me when it gets there & if there are two different things in the package I get first choice! lol lol
Thanks for coming by sweetie...hope at the stroke of midnight New Year's finds you well & rejoicing that you have been so blessed to see such a time! ♥
Sheila, you poor thing. If I told you how many times I have fallen asleep at the computer. LOL. Usually with my finger on a letter that goes on until I jar myself awake. Try deleting a gazillion letters. Not fun!
Your party looks wonderful and especially the desserts. What a sweet party for someone you care for so much. Now get some rest!!!
I love the PJ pants. They are so you. I always have Epsen Salts in the house too. Now use them!!!
Love..Jeanne
Your pajamas are adorable. I hope you get to stay in bed for a long time.
Your table looked gorgeous.
I make Rhoda's date balls, except I roll in coconut.I received that recipe in first grade from my teacher and have been making them ever since. They are so good.
I hope you are still in bed. I give you permission to relax the entire day!!!
Hi, sweet Sheila! You've been busy with the posts this weekend. Oh, I'm so glad you tried & liked the Dingbats. Yours turned out so pretty. I think they are a great little treat too. Hope your Christmas was wonderful & I look forward to a new year with you as my friend. xoxo
Those PJ's are too cute!! I have been staying up very late as well, and then waking up late! My internal clock is all confused..I guess that is part of the fun of Christmas :-)
Those goodies that you made are beautiful too :-)
I hear ya Sheila! I just posted my "this mama is done giving parties for the rest of the year" sign in my kitchen :0)
Your party goodies look fabulous. Oh and a hot bath with salts sounds like a good idea!
Good morning dear Shelia, I just love the monkey pants. Whenever I go in a store and see a monkey I will for ever think of you. What a great collection. The treats on the table look so yummy! I think I'll pop over for a bite. Happy blue Monday!
Those pj's are so cute!
I need to try Rhoda's recipe...think I missed that post of hers. LOL
Your party sounds like it was a hit!
Happy New Year,
Diane
Hi, Ladies! I got a slow start this morning, but I'm up and rolling now. Thank all of you for your sweet comments. I've visited all of your blogs and enjoyed your Blue Monday and other posts! :-)
Thank you all for dropping by. I'm going back to bed now. Isn't that awful? I need a day in bed to recuperate. LOL! Age -- it makes you feel OLD. ;-)
XO,
Sheila :-)
Get your rest! I had to laugh at the comment about falling asleep with a finger on letter typing into infinity. I can so see that. Not done that yet, but close. Me? I need to jump off this computer and get my butt off to work. Ugh! Happy Blue Monday!
Great post, but I'm really getting cravings for those death by chocolate brownies! Happy Blue Monday!
Love the little monkeys..... why are monkeys so dang cute..... they just are...
Parties are fun but they sure can take a toll...
HUgs
Linda
Cute PJ's! and I love all the goodies on the table. Yummy! I'm coming right over, but it takes me a couple of days to drive that far...
Happy Blue Monday!
Hi Sheila!
I've missed talking to you!
It sounds like you had such a great time over the holidays, with a full house and lots of laughter. That's my idea of fun :)
thank you for your sweet comments - I'm feeling better now. Now my computer is sick! lol I'm using my husband's because I just *had* to come by and say hello to you.
:0)
I'm so glad you had a wonderful Christmas and I can't wait to get caught up on all of your posts when I can this evening. Get some rest!!!
Hi!!
Love the P.J.'s!! Hope you get some much needed rest! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great New Year!!
Sherrie
Oh your jammie pants are so cute!!
Your table looks delicious!
Happy New Year!
Yum! Looks like my kind of party. I want to try Rhoda's Dingbats, too (though feel guilty about using the words "Rhoda" and "dingbat" in the same sentence, LOL!!).
Thank you for your beautiful comment on my post yesterday. I'm still laughing aloud at, "my parents who loved Christmas more than Santa Claus does" and "phone book party." :-) And now I feel even more bonded to you through our mutual special days. You're a wonderful person, Mrs. Magpie!
Cute PJ's!!! It looks as though you've been BUSY and having FUN, all at the SAME TIME...and NOW you need REST!!! So, get some!!
Sounds like you were pushing the envelope on this one. But I can completely relate to the jams. This time of year I live in mine when I'm at home. (Different ones, mind you because... ew.)
Happy Blue Monday! What cute pj's...I love sock monkeys!
You're just the official party girl now aren't you...everything looks wonderful. I'm sure everyone had fun.
Hugs, Andi
And no...I didn't get to Marshall's Jewelers this past Saturday as planned. I'll get there eventually!
Hello, Lovely Ladies! It's so sweet of you to come by and leave your kind and funny comments for me! I love reading ALL of them and visiting your blogs as well!
I'm still in a coma... not sure how much sugar I consumed in two days, but it was a lot. I finally let my willpower kick in, and I threw away a lot of the sweets (and finished off the brownies!) before I turned into a larger than life replica of a snowball! ;-)
I think I will be better by tomorrow, but I'm going to watch girly movies tonight because Mr. Magpie had to leave on business! So, I'm curling up with the rest of the finger sandwiches and watching the girliest flicks I can find. :-)
Thank you so much for coming by as it always makes my day!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Thanks for coming by today. I will just have to not tell you where my blue bowl lives. That way it will remain in hiding so you can't get it. heehee. I hope you are well rested. Watching the girly movies sounds like a good thing to do. Enjoy!!
Dearest Ms QM :)
we love your jammies...
soft and sweet...
emblazoned with sock monkeys...
from head to feet...
so cuddle up...
in your retreat...
for your blue monday...
was super neat!
lol
(thats as good as it gets without coffee) LOL
Bles-s-s-s-s it's little heart, you better get some rest girl !
The food looks yummy and your snowmen in the center of your table is so cute !
Me again girl! I got your package today!!!!! Yahooo!!! Sister called and said it had arrived...I told her to rip that baby open..she wouldn't do it...the little toot! lol She drove all the way over to my house and we opened it together..everytime we would uncover something from the 'peanuts' I'd yell That's mine!" lol We got it all layed out and sister made me read the name tags for legal purposes...it was glorious!!!! Oh girl you are just the sweetest thing....I loved mine!!! I told sister 'Is she our new best friend or what!?" lol lol I took pics..I will post them as soon as I can if that little sneak don't beat me to it...I truly thank you from the bottom of my heart...that was just the sweetest thing! Thanks girl!
Good Evening -- Linnea, Muse, Theresa, and Dot! I'm happy to see all of you!
Linnea -- Just remember that my magpie eye is very much like Santa... I know where hiding places are! LOL! ;-)
Muse, Glorious, Muse -- Your poetry is music to a magpie's ears! Thanks! :-)
Theresa -- Would you believe I'm still procrasinating??? Glad you like my little guys. I've had them a long time, and they make me smile! :-)
Dot! Yea! So glad you girls got it. For the hours and hours of enjoyment that your niece Annie has brought me (thanks to BOTH of you... you for telling us all about the drawing and giving us a link to Helen's blog and for Helen for having the drawing, I could never repay you. Annie is more fun than a barrel of monkeys! Just don't tell my monkeys! ;-) I loved your description of the unveiling! lol! Love you girls, too! :-)
Goodnight all! Much love to you!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Well Happy Blue Monday to you girl..and I just love jammies...next to shoes one of my favorite things..I stayed in mine all day while puttin away Christmas stuff..now the Kitchen seems so bare without all my Ginger bread men..thanks for coming by my first BLUE Monday...hugs and smiles Gloria
Ohhh Sheila..Your desserts look yummy! I enlarged them so I could really drool! Those little marshmallow snowmen with pretzel stick arms look like something that would be fun to make with my grandson!!! And your jammies look so comfy. I need to be in mine asleep instead of blogging right now! I passed my reflection in the mirror while shopping and scared myself half to death!! Yikes! Need sleep...zzzzzz....Debbie
Gloria, it was so nice to "meet" you, and I'm glad you're doing Blue Monday with us! Thanks for dropping by, and I hope to see you again! :-)
Debbie, LOL! about the mirror. I know what you mean, only I need a wheel barrow to haul around my stomach from all the weight I've gained. Mercy! LOL!
Love to you, ladies!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Post a Comment