
He has been with us since my husband and I were first married and has followed us from move to move...
Then one by one, I added these little sheep, prodigals from other pastures...

Followed by these sweet sheep (in front) from a little flock I found online...
I also have this Mottahedeh sheep box from an online auction...

And his slightly smaller friend, seated on matching etageres in the hall...
Then there are these triplets I found on sale in a gift shop...
One year, my husband and I took my mother to England for her birthday. After my father died, she didn't travel much, and we wanted to do something special for her because she was always doing special things for other people. We were there in the fall, and during our visit, we went to Harrods which had a fabulous Christmas display area. We found this precious little sheep ornament which will always remind us of my mother and the fun we had there together...
While it was difficult to photograph, if you look veeeeeery closely, you can catch just the hint of a smile on the sheep's face. He's smiling at each of you and wishing you a very Merry Christmas!
Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




25 comments:
You are such a wonderful person and your warm and loving personality comes through your words.
The pictures were lovely.
I was inspired when I read your reason of loving lambs and sheep. I will look at sheep in a new perspective. Yes I too feel that Heavenly Father loves each of his lambs and it is our steward to be good shepherds.
Many blessings, this week before CHRISTmas!
Beth
My daughter collects sheep too. I laugh when I remember being told that sheep are the dumbest animals, and that's why they are used to illustrate our relationship to Our Shepherd.
Good morning to you Sheila...awww, this was the sweetest post. Now I think I'll always think of you when I see sheep...the trio you have are precious! ;-) Bo
Morning girl...beautiful Sheep collection and I love the story that goes with each one...funny how the simpliest things can bring a smile to our face or a memory to our mind...hope you are having a beautiful week sweetie! ♥
I found your blog through Rhoda...it's wonderful! I had to comment on this. Sheep are one of my faves, and in fact, my home daycare is called Little Lambs Kids Care, and the "mission statement", so to speak, is "where kids are shepherded, not herded"...that's not something I could come up with on my own!
Thanks for such a sweet post!
Good Morning Sheila...I love your sheep post! Your reason for loving them is really inspiring. You have quite a few cuties, too. The French teacher in me always thinks of St Joan of Arc because she was in the field with her flock when her visions started! Have a great day and sasy hi to Miss Annie and her new beau for me...Debbie
I never thought about sheep much until I went to Scotland in sixth grade for my birthday with my grandmother. We went to the scottish heritage museum or sheep museum or something but they have lambs outside that were so cute and their mothers are so cute too. They were quite precious so I could see how someone could get a thing about collecting sheep.
Also, I just remembered that I never told you what pattern my grandmother has in silver. She has Magical by Lunt. It is very pretty.
Have a very Merry Christmas.
Hi, everyone! Thank you for visiting me and for all of your sweet comments.
Beth, you are a sweetheart,too. Sending blessings right back to you! :-)
Sally, I bet I would like your daughter with her sheep collection! I find it fascinating that God would use sheep to describe us since sheep need constant tending. He knows his "pets," doesn't he? :-)
Bo, thank you so much! I'm glad you like my little guys. {{{hugs}}}
Dot, I'm with you on that. It is amazing how it's always the little things, and I wish you a happy weekend right back! :-)
Sidney, how neat! I love that logo for your business! That's definitely a God thing. :-)
Debbie, I didn't know that about Joan of Arc, and I'm glad you told me! Annie and Jaunty send many wild greetings back to you! ;-)
Newlywed Hostess, how special that you got to share that with your grandmother! I love Scotland! And there is nothing more adorable than a baby lamb. They are so helpless. If they get near rushing water, they could drown because their wool coats are so heavy. That's why the Psalmist says, "He leadeth me beside the still waters." And that is a lovely pattern! :-)
So glad you all stopped by, and I wish you all the joys and blessings of this special season!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Hi Shelia! :)
I love your sheep - especially that little one that's smiling. I love that it has the special memories attached to it of your trip with your mother. How priceless ;)
I hope you're having a great week!
Sheila, I think your sheep collection is so precious. They have the sweetest, kindest faces.
Wonderful collection of sheep, Sheila! I love the reason for beginning your collection.
I have a photo on a post that will publish early tomorrow, you might like.
Sheila. thank you so much for your sweet comments about our Babette. We sure do feel so empty without her. I am sorry for your loss too. Time will help us get through this.
Are you feeling ok? You haven't said if you are feeling better after your fall. I sure hope all is well.
Hugs...Jeanne
Sheila I just love your sheep collection, and especially the way you got started. Thanks for telling the story of how you got each one. Do you leave some or all out all year or just at Christmas?
Good Evening -- Ms. Tee, Joy, Pat, Jeanne, and Lorrie! I loved reading all your comments about my sheep! :-)
Ms. Tee -- That little one is my favorite, too. He is so cute and kind of fuzzy in person. :-)
Joy -- You are so sweet to say that. Thank you! :-)
Pat -- Sheep remind me of three of my favorites -- God, Granny, and Mama. :-) I was trying to think of Daddy could fit in there somehwere, but I would have to say that books remind me of him... he taught me to love to read. :-) I will be sure and check out your post tomorrow (I eagerly look forward to all of you posts!) :-)
Jeanne -- How my heart goes out to you about your precious Babette. What a beauty! I miss mine every single day, but what a joy they were each day we had them with us. It makes me more aware than ever the critical importance of living each day as if it's your last on earth. 'This is day which the Lord hath made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!' There's so much truth to those words! :-) I'm a little better every day, thank you!
Lorrie, thanks so much! I actually do leave them out all year with the exception of the ones on the Christmas tree. There were a few others I didn't photograph... we would have been here till next Christmas if I had! LOL! ;-) I enjoy most of them year round. Do you remember Lambchop? I used to love him, too.
XO,
Sheila
I absolutely love those sheep. They are all so adorable. I want some like that!
It's nice to have a certain something to collect and to add to it in unexpected ways. Your sheep are so sweet, Sheila! I love their faces. They are perfect for both Christmas and Easter too.
Hugs, Pat
Hi, Michelle and Pat! :-) Glad to see you both!
Michelle, I love the little German sheep with what are called matchstick legs. There are old ones which are a bit pricey, but they are making some that are excellent replicas. I found a set of three white ones and one black one with a shepherd for a very reasonable price online. I wish I could remember the name of the store, but they sold cute country items. Oh, and before I forget, your greyhound is FABULOUS. I have a friend who has two she rescued. I love them!
Pat, I have used these on the table at various people's places for Easter. That's when I go all out with decorating because it's my favorite holiday! I love all the beautiful spring colors! But I also love Christmas, so I guess it's really a toss up!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Love your sheep and the stories that go with them. I also wanted to thank you for the birthday wishes. It was great to get so many well wishes for my birthday this year. You all helped to make it special!
Sheila, I came back to tell you how much I do love your sheep. I guess I was so wrapped up in our loss I forgot to mention your lovely collection. My sister looked at your collection too as she is an antique dealer and was interested.
She too, loved your collection. I am glad you are feeling better.
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi, Linnea and Jeanne! I was about to turn in and saw your sweet comments on here and wanted to reply.
Linnea, I'm so glad you had a nice birthday, and I'm glad I got to be a part of it through the great pictures you took! :-)
Jeanne, that is so sweet of you. I love antiques. These are not really terribly old, but just sort of fun little sheep. I've had my eye on some older ones, and I might try my hand at an auction at some point. ;-) Again, I'm thinking of you this evening and pray that you find some comfort in how much joy you and Babette brought into each other's lives. Here's a big cyber hug from me! {{{hug}}}
Love to you all!
XO,
Sheila
I love your flock of sheep! There's something so serene about the little lambs...their faces or something...I think they are very peaceful animals. And hoo boy I could use some peace in my world these days!
xo, Laura...who is up WAY too late once again. ;-)
Laura, I am praying peace over you right now as I type this. I sure hope Shorehouse Mom is doing better! Sending much love to all of you! :-)
XO,
Sheila
so much can be learned from what we love and collect...
this collection says to me, that you are a joyful, sweet and kind spirit :)
Muse, do you know how much that means to me? If you don't, then let me tell you it means a lot! I try hard, and I when I miss it, I'm hard on myself. So thank you, friend, for always being so sweet and supportive. :-)
XO,
Sheila
Dear Sheila,
All your little sheep are adorable and the fact that they have such sentimental meaning make them extra special. What a lovely image of your grandmother teaching you verses from the Bible. I'm sure your little woolly lovelies remind you of her often!
Hope you are having a wonderful day!
xoxo
Poppy
Post a Comment