Ode to The Acacia
by Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
How lovely the acacia’s dress,
by Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
How lovely the acacia’s dress,
With golden blossoms gaily pressed
In ruffled rounds of bright array,
That never fade with light of day,
And with its arms there, lifted high,
To greet both God and passersby,
This golden beauty wins the heart
In bright display of God’s own art.

The wood of the acacia tree was so prized by God that He gave instructions for the Ark of the Covenant and the poles that carried it to be made of the tree's wood. The Ark was the repository for the Ten Commandments. I can't help but think of King David dancing before the Ark, and I wonder if the people threw acacia blossoms as it passed. If the acacia is this beautiful on earth, it's hard to fathom how incredible Heaven is going to be. This tree is, itself, a song of highest praise with each blossom being a prayer of thanksgiving...
Speaking of which, thank you so much for visiting me today, and I look forward to visiting you at your blog! For more Outdoor Wednesday posts, please join our lovely hostess Susan and her friends at her blog A Southern Daydreamer. They have much outdoor beauty to share with you! You can get there by clicking here.

Warmly,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
(All text and photographs copyrighted to the Quintessential Magpie)
Please Note: I have egg on my beak! I was informed that someone gave me some misinformation about the Acacia. The tree pictured above is actually a Tabebuia also known as the Silver Trumpet Tree. Like this tree, the Acacia also has pretty yellow blossoms, but the tree pictured here could only be an Acacia in the Land of Imagination! ;-)





82 comments:
Oh, my, Mrs.Magpie...this is so so beautiful. And, so is your heartfelt writings about it all.
I just want to say that all your sweet comments you make to all of us have not gone unnoticed...You have such a sweet spirit and I wish I lived next door to you!
xo bj
Thank you, dear BJ, and I love you, too!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Happy Outdoor Wednesday Sheila! Beautiful post...Ode to the Acadia..and such gorgeous pictures!
Thanks for sharing your photos.
Susan
And high praise goes to you for such a splendid outdoor post and gorgeous photos! They are very uplifting to look at :)
Oh Sheila...this is beautiful! We were in Orlando several years ago just as they were blooming ...spectacular!! I had never seen them before and was so impressed by how beautiful they are! We don't have them here...:-( Hope you are having a good week!...hugs...Debbie
Sheila,
These blossoms are so majestic! They take my breath away! My older sister had a near death experience and the colors she described afterwards, were unimaginably beautiful:-) Then she did die at age 54 and is now enjoying all the beauty now:) Thanks you for sharing these incredibly beautiful post!
You truly are a special lady, a daughter of God!
♥♥♥'s
Beth
I have never seen that tree in person. It is spectacular! It truly is divine. The pictures against the beautiful blue sky are spectacular. Oh, I already said that, well it's worth repeating. Thanks for sharing. Blessings.
What a lovely ode and a beautiful tree! The color is amazing!...Christine
Oh my word!!! Beautiful!!!!!!!
www.freedoms-fight.blogspot.com
I do not believe I have ever seen this type of tree before. It certainly is fabulous. Nice photos!
Hi Sheila,
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a tree like this before in Australia. It's quite breathtaking. I have added a link to your blog from my yellow story straight to you. I really think everyone needs to see your yellow tree.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday,
Thanks for your lovely comments.
xx Coty
Stunning colour! What a beautiful tree. The blossom is divine and the sky behind the tree is gorgeous. Lovely photos.
I haven't seen Acacia trees before. Thanks for the wonderful post. Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
Joyce
Sheila, I am amazed at your post for Outdoor Wednesday. It's fantabulous and I adore each and every photo and word. You go, girl!
Blessings, Lana @ Showers of Blessings
Thank you for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments.
Enjoyed your blog. Cute pillows!
Darlene
Sheila,
Those pictures took my breath away! Amazing, stunning I would love to see those in bloom. Cindy
I don't think I've ever seen an acacia tree...how dazzling! I really love the poem you wrote...is there anything you CAN'T do? Have a blessed day, my friend! Hugs!♥
Stunning!!
The yellow flowers against the blue sky is simply breathtaking.
Thanks for sharing
You weren't kidding! It's stunning, Sheila! I think I'm going to hop a plane to Florida to give it a little visit. ;-) And your poem is beautiful, you talented lady, you.
Sheila that was so beautiful (the pictures and the poem)!! No wonder your on my list of favorite ladies ♥
OKAY...I LOVE THAT PILLOW on your sidebar...where did you get that?????????????????????????
sandy toe
How beautiful! I do remember reading about acacia in the Bible. You have an excellent point - if it's so lovely here, how much better will heaven be? Thanks for sharing this!
Good Morning, Everyone! Thanks so much for visiting. Glad you liked the tree and the poem. I actually stood in a stranger's yard to get those shots. I drove past it each day, and I wanted to get a shot of it to share with you. I have never seen anything so glorious. It's even prettier in person, and these trees are in bloom all around Central Florida.
Sandy... that pillow was a gift, and the store where my friend got it is out of business. If you see another, please let me know. Thanks! BJ wants one.
XO,
Sheila :-)
Sheila, what a gorgeous post. The tree is just spectacular, and the yellow against that perfect blue sky - just breathtaking. Your writing is wonderful, thank you for such an uplifting, happy post. Kathy
Mrs. Magpie, I share in bj's sentiments, I also want to live next door.
I never knew that God specified the wood for the ark. That is an interesting fact. We play stump Gary with bible facts. Thank you for today's question.
I just now saw the pillow post. Your collection is wonderfu.
Happy Outdoor Wednesday!
I couldn't agree more! Such a beautiful picture of the acacia tree and I like reading your post. Like I said, I couldn't agree more. Beautiful and wonderful creations He has made for us indeed. I'm thankful. Thanks for sharing this one.
God is so good to make us such beautiful things on this earth!
How beautiful heaven must be...
fair haven of rest for the weary.
have a beautiful day yourself.
love
chasity
Thank you so much for your lovely comments! I appreciate them so much!
Lisa, as I recall, the Ark was gold-plated over the wood. You might need that fact, too! :-)
Happy Outdoor Wednesday everyone. That's where I'm headed... outdoors to work in the yard!
XO,
Sheila :-)
So that's what you call those. Brilliant color! some very cool photos too.
Oh, and Lisa, I hope you are, indeed, a neighbor and soon. Please keep us posted!
Love to you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Thanks, Mojo!
XO,
Sheila :-)
What a beautiful Outdoor Wednesday post. Gorgeous photos of the Acacia.
Oh Sheila, this is just making me itch all over with jealousy! We have no blooms here yet. None. What a grogeous tree! I'm so looking forward to spring! It's inching closer and closer everyday!
Whooaaaaaaa! Is that gorgeous!!!!!!
m ^..^
I love this post! An original poem (well done, BTW) along with beautiful pictures and a bit of information. Can't beat that!
An absolutely gorgeous tree! Thank you Sheila for sharing this.
Wonderful post!!
What a beautiful post. I will ponder it today. :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne
Sheila, you are so very talented, my friend, and should write a book (if you haven't already).
Thank you for sharing the glorious Acacia tree and your eloquently beautiful song of praise for its Creator.
Sincerely,
Janie
Oh, my Dearest One! This was a truly beautiful post! With the lovely tree in bloom, your poetry and God's beauty and the love He has for us.
Sheila, I must tell you how you've touched my heart today! You are very special to me and yes, we're indeed sisters. Oh, sweet one, how my heart goes out to you that your Daddy went to heaven when you were so young! Oh,how sweet of our God to give you the special dream of your parents.
I'm so glad I've gotten to know you, Sheila, and you have a very special place in my heart! Bless you, Dearest One!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
Great acacia photos on your post today! My only memories of acacia trees were back in the Philippines, but I have never seen such golden blossoms come out of it in such profusion!
Have a great Wednesday! Thanks for sharing with all of us. ;-)
That acacia tree is gorgeous and I love the way you used the tree as a reminder of God's glory and His gifts to us to enjoy! Beautiful post!!!
blessings,
Wendy
These blossoms are amazing! Yikes. I love the ode too. God is good to us to give us such beautiful things to brighten our world here on earth!!
Just beautiful Mrs. Magpie! When my grandmother passed we had an Acacia tree planted in her honor at an arboreteum in CA. Seeing your gorgeous pictures made me think of my grandmother and the living memorial tree!
It is still brown without a speck of green in Colorado, so your photos were such a breath of fresh air to enjoy spring from your window! Thank you!!
LOVE the pillow you have on your sidebar...it reminds me of all things southern that I hope to experience in your beautiful state!
Oh yes, Sheila, we will be going to Disney World in a few weeks...what do you think the weather will be like and do have suggestions on what we should wear? Just wondering as I think you are in Florida?!
Oops...my Women's Bible Study is in a few minutes so I must go but I can't wait to read your post below too..your interior pictures looks stunning and I can't wait to read more!
Happy Wednesday!
Love,
Denise :-)
Hi Mrs. Magpie-
What a beautiful tree, so colorful, bright and sunshiny. I'm sure you smile everytime you see it. You're quite a poet too!
-marie
Thank you for leaving me with a visual reminder of David dancing before the ark. The pictures are lovely and God was glorified by your words as well as the sweet comments you leave.
Kathy b
Mrs Magpie,
What a charming and inspirational post. I can not imagine with such beauty in our daily lives that there is more to come. It does make one smile. Enjoy your day and thank you for sharing yours with me. Maryrose
Hello, Shelia,
What a beautiful flowering tree, I knew of this tree but had actually never seen one until today!! beautiful simply beautiful!!! You are right I can't even imagine the beauty of heaven compared with such beautiful flowers here on earth.. You think maybe we are being teased a little bit? You are one of the dearest ladies that I have met here in blogland!!!
blessings,
Sue
So beautiful. Magnificent trees.
Alfazema
Sheila, What a stunning tree! And I agree with bj...you would make a great neighbor. Hugs.
Shirley
wow..I have never seen a tree beining so yellow!! I tis simply gorgeous!!
That is a BEAUTIFUL tree. I've never seen one. SO many flowers. We don't have anything flowering here yet except crocus and a few daffodils here and there. Is that in your own yard. If so, you're very lucky to have it.
LOVE....LOVE....LOVE....THIS POST!! Love the photos...love the subject matter....love the writing....LOVE the Biblical reference....so to sum it up....YEP...LOVE this! ;)
Shelia,
WOW! Your writing is just beautiful as the Blossoms...OH MY...It's touch my heart.....Thank you for sharing this beautiful post on Outdoor Wednesday....Have a Blessed Outdoor Wednesday...Kathy
Hi Sheila, this was an outstanding post today...your words absolutely captured the magnificence of this beautiful tree...hey, I want you for my neighbor too... ;-) Bo
Your writings are beautiful as is the acacia! I have never seen one before...are those spring blossoms?
A very beautiful poem Sheila.
Stacey and I were enjoying the Acacia's in bloom in California a couple of weeks ago. It really is the intense display of colour. It certainly does attract one into its essence and spirit.
I don't know that I have ever seen such a lovely, vibrant tree ... thank you so much for sharing with all of us.
Sheila,
I think I echo everyone when I say how beautiful the acacia tree and your poem are! You truly are a gifted and special person and I am inspired by you every time I visit!
I guess I should move to the neighborhood as well. Instead of blogging, we can all have coffee together! :-)
xoxo
Janie
Oh my! Oh my! Wait, I already said that didn't I? Yellow is one of my favorite colors and this just leaves me breathless.
Thanks for asking about Daddy. He's still on a downward trend but I have hopes rehab will still help.
Judybug
Sheila,
Thank you for all of your sweet comments. I do appreciate them. But oh my goodness! These are such beautiful photos! And a poem just as lovely, too. Isn't it amazing what we might notice when we really look at something? (and sometimes even when we least expect it!)
jenny
Hi Sheila
What a beautiful tree and a lovely poem. I am glad that you stood in a strangers yard to get the pictures for us to enjoy!
Thanks so much for bringing a bit of sunshine and spring to my day.
Lindsay
Love this post, gorgeous tree! Wishing you a lovely day!
Amanda (aka Cottage Contessa)
Sheila
Thank you for the beautiful pictures, the beautiful trees, the beautiful blossoms...the beautiful words and your beautiful thoughts. That put a smile on my face...*hugs*.
have a lovely evening Sheila
Judi
Sheila, What a beautiful post! You have truly given us such a lovely gift. A gift from your heart ♥ Thank you so much. The pictures are just wonderful too.
p.s. Little Charli is fully recovered. Thank you for thinking of her, and for the prayers, and well wishes ♥
Hi Sheila
What a gorgeous tree so full of blossoms. It is a little bit of the sun brought down to earth.
i love your poem -- so perfect!
Hugs, Pat
I didn't know about the Ark of the Covenant, Sheila.
How lovely ..... what a sweet soul you have.... to admire Gods beauty is a gift and you sure use it in a beautiful waY...
HUGS
LINDA
Sheila, your poem and your gorgeous photos are a delight to read and enjoy. That tree is unbelievable and I love the history about the Ark.
Boy, I am late with my comments today. This am was chaos and then 2 hours of therapy. I'm so tired I can't see straight. I hope you have caught up with your rest.
See you tomorrow dear Sheila.
Love you...Jenne
Beautiful photos of a beautiful tree, and a beautifully written tribute! I have never seen an Acacia tree, so thank you for sharing. :o)
Oh my word girl....I have never seen such glorious blossoms in all my life...this is a beautiful post dear friend....I agree with BJ...you are a true gift to blogland (thank goodness I'm your favorite! lol lol) Love ya girl!♥
The acadia photographs are beautiful and the poetry is inspiring. I loved this post.
I believe the yellow bush pictured on my blog is a forsythia.
It's one of my easiest to grow. Once it was planted, it's pretty much taken care of itself. : )
What a beautiful ode to a beautiful tree!
You made my heart sing tonight my friend.
Your message has come at a difficult time here in our home. Sheba (our little sweet rescue, yes the one that bit me) gave birth to two little babies. They were not alive when Randy helped her. I was hoping for one little fur baby to cuddle, but it was not going to be.
To see her little ones just lying there was something I will never forget. My boys were here with us while she gave birth. I think we all need to see great things in life and sad ones. Today is sad but tomorrow will be another day.
Your Acadia tree, and your words have put a smile on my face.
I love you and miss you also. Enjoy your day's ahead.
Love Claudie
xoxo
Sheila,
That tree is gorgeous! I have never seen one before. I am guessing they will not grow in my zone. The yellow blossoms against that brilliant blue sky is awesome.
I enjoyed visiting.
Kate
Beautiful and well chosen words. My goodness. This is the first time I've seen your writings. Are you ever gifted!
Those pictures are something else. Oh did I need that on this cold night!
Love it that you came by to see my s&p shakers.
Oh my GOODNESS! One word to sum it all up.....BREATHTAKING! WOW!
Thanks so much for sharing such vibrant photos!
Thanks for visiting. I love your blog - the beautiful flowers today and the writing with it was such fun to enjoy.
Smiles.
hi sheila,
i've missed visiting your blog and i see that it got a facelift. i love the cupcakes.
i do agree. i love the pictures you took-so vibrant!
Good Evening! And thank each of you so much for your sweet comments! I've been reading them, and I'm so touched by your kindness.
That tree just begged me to take its picture to share with you. Every day I would drive past it and think, "I wish the people in Bloglandia could see this tree." And then I thought, "Well, they can see it!" So I just got my camera, stopped the car, got out in a stranger's yard, and had a field day just snap, snap, snapping away! :-)
I'm up late with insomnia (haven't been able to sleep all week and have never had it like this), so I am enjoying reading blogs and all your comments. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit me. I have enjoyed visiting you as well.
Have a Thursday and weekend ahead...
XO,
Sheila :-)
What a beautiful tree! Great post. Thanks for visiting my OW post and leaving such kind comments. :)
I have never seen a tree like this. It is absolutely gorgeous!!! It takes my breath away...
Karen
I'm so glad you liked the pictures. It took my breath away, too, and I didn't want to keep its memory just to myself! I just had to share...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Post a Comment