Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Saturday, March 14, 2009

Sunday Solace: Psalm 100



Psalm 100


1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.

2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.

3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.

5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.


May the reading of His Holy Word bless you this day and always...

Warmly,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

The photograph is Cecelia with her dad, Alan, and her brother, Clement. When I saw it, I was reminded not only of what a wonderful father God is to His children, but of how important it is that we should revel in the Lord's company and enjoy Him each and every day of our lives. Isn't it comforting to know that He has both an arm of love and an arm of protection around us? Oh, He is good! :-)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dear One! Oh, what a perfect picture to go along with this wonderful scripture! What a sweet reminder of our Heavenly Father's love!
Have a beautiful Sunday!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks, Shelia, and you are, too! Love you much!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Denise K. said...

Just beautiful Sheila...the picture, the scripture, the truth...we are studying Psalm 139 right now and this post was perfect! Love you from a distance! Denise :-)

Denise K. said...

Sheila, will you be putting the picture of the southern pillow back up? I wanted to look at it again and wondered if you found it?

Blondie's Journal said...

Beautiful post Sheila! I love the picture of Cecelia. Clement & their father.

It is comforting to know God protects us every moment in our lives. I feel immense gratitude for His love and pray I will always stay in his good grace.

Have a blessed Sunday Sheila!

xoxo
Janie

xinex said...

Yes, it is very comforting, Sheila, to know God is with us everywhere holding our hands and leading us along the way....Christine

Lorrie said...

Thank you Sheila--what a sweet photo capturing the love of a father for his children. I have always loved Psalm 100 and I do feel blessed this morning after stopping by to visit. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Anonymous said...

Yes very comforting indeed to feel safe and protected!

Thank you for this wonderful post. I hope that people even with the busy days people won't forget such love.

Here's a verse - John 3:16

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday and wonderful and blessed days to come :-)

the wild raspberry said...

Wonderfully said, dear friend...and what a great picture of this family.
warmly,
chasity

♥ Kathy said...

Yes He is! Happy Sunday Sheila ♥

Emily said...

What a very nice reminder. I really needed this this morning. Thank you Sheila.

SmilingSally said...

A good father points us toward God.

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Sheila
Thank you for reminding us of this scripture and for sharing such a beautiful picture.
Best Wishes
Lindsay

Beth at Aunties said...

I love this picture and it goes so perfectly with the scripture passage you chose.
I too am grateful for Heavenly Father's love and everlasting mercy... It is so comforting to feel his arms of love and protection.
We have been out of state to a joyous wedding then to care for my wondrful mom. It becomes harder to see what age is continues to do to this beautiful lady. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who continues to watch over her... I can't imagine our lives without her:)
Thank You!

Ms. Tee said...

Hi Ms. Sheila~ What a sweet verse and I love this photo - they look so joyful. :)
I hope you had a good restful weekend! hugs to you~

Simply Debbie said...

THANK YOU SHEILA FOR THIS BEAUTIFUL POST. IT IS SO VERY REASSURING TO BE REMINDED HOW MUCH OUR HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES US AND JESUS OUR PROVISION FOR ETERNAL LOVE.
YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL SPIRIT
HUGS
BLESSINGS
debbie

BECKY said...

It sure did bless my little socks off to read this!! God is so full of love for His children!! What a gret pic, too!!

Have a great week full of love and joy!!

You are such a bright spot in blogland, Sheila!!

Blessings,
Becky

Anonymous said...

Just popping over to wish you a wonderful week! I love these verses; I think they will be the next to go on my chalkboard!
And your foodie friday post was hilarious. You always make me smile.
God Bless You!!!

Jen :-)

Anonymous said...

Afternoon, my Precious One! Oh, I so enjoy your visits! I'm sorry to hear about all your mother's miscarriages - but you're so right ~ we do have that promise we'll be with them. I'll bet those little stinkers are having a grand ole time!
Hope your day is good, Sheilaness!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post! You are such an inspiration ♥ I hope you have a lovely day!

Sue said...

Oh!! Shelia!!!
What a wonderful family photo, and what a wonderful scripture .God is involved in every aspect of our lives, His love for us is matchless. Thank you for sharing!!
Blessings,
Sue

Anonymous said...

Sheila, thank you so much for your many kind words and sweet comments. I appreciate it so much.

I love this Psalm as well. Beautiful words of love and caring.

I am commenting on your foodie post here. I was soooooo entertained Sheila. You have a wonderful talent for writing as well as the best imagination. I enjoy reading, laughing, and having so much fun with your posts. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talents in the blogging world.

Love you lots and I am thinking you should slow down a bit. Your life is one whirl wind after another. I too love the fun of constant action but it catches up with me. Then I need to relax and catch my breath. End of advice. BIG SMILE HERE.

Love and hugs...Jeanne

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. I'm late getting around the blogs today, but I appreciate reading each and every comment you leave! Sending you much love...

XO,

Sheila :-)