Today is another lovely Blue Monday. I thought I would share a spot or two of blue from St. Augustine. The above and the following blue signs mark one of my favorite shops on San Marco Avenue...
The artist's door is even blue...
>
This particular artist specializes in batik, although she carries other media in her shop such as stained glass. Note that a red, leaf-patterend batik is peeping out from behind the blue stained-glass window in the shop window...
I bought these two batik pillows from her, and I love the fact that they are whimsical...
Particularly, the ducks...
I wonder what the big duck...
...is saying to the baby duck...
Something tells me it begins and ends in "Quack!"
In addition to this blue, Annie is sitting with her friend Pinky the Shrimp in the blueness of a bathroom. Why, you might ask? Well, I'll tell you...
They have been inducted into the Diva Hall of Fame as Notesongs' Daring Darling Bathroom Beauty Snapping Divas! Which reminds me, I want to thank my fellow Shelady, Shelia from Notesongs, for innaguarating Annie and Pinky into the sisterhood. They are sitting in a bathroom as per Shelia's directions, and because the camera was a bit heavy for Annie and Pinky, I snapped this picture of them.
They are just thrilled, Shelia! Annie feels like a queen and that she has truly arrived with this honor, while Pinky said that in all of her life, she never dreamed she would be the queen of anything except maybe a shrimp salad.

Now, Annie, don't you get any ideas!
Edited to say that I posted late last night using automatic posting, and I realized this morning that it's a holiday... Martin Luther King Day. I think yesterday's post actually pays the best tribute to Dr. King as I feel certain he was well aquainted with the work of James Weldon Johnson. So I'd like to wish all of you a Happy Martin Luther King Day in addition to a Happy Blue Monday! :-)
For more blueness, please join our hostess Sally at Smiling Sally's. We'd love to have you join us for viewing or for displaying! :-)
Quintessentially,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)




62 comments:
Cute post...loved seeing your favorite shops...and your bathroom diva!
Happy Blue Monday!
I do ''blue''a lot - there are so many different shades- I tend to buy blue clothes too-
thanks for a lovely reminder that blue is cool - hugs, Meme
Lovely shopping amongst those blue shop notices which look so elegant. I love the batik ducks! I haven't seen batik work for a long time. I remember how popular it was in the 80s over here. Happy blue Monday!
Good Morning! I'm so happy to see you this lovely Blue Monday!
Susan, thanks so much! I'm quite proud of my little bathroom divas, and they are quite proud of themselves. ;-)
Meme, welcome! Thanks so much for your sweet comments, and I hope you'll come visit again. Blue rules! :-)
Eleanor, I was surprised with the batik work, too, and I love the girl who does this. She actually frames some of her best pieces, and she had a sea turtle that was amazing. She also works in water color.
Thasnks for dropping by... loved seeing you!
XO,
Sheila :-)
I thoroughly enjoyed your Blue Monday post. As I am a blue and white fan, I'd better get on the stick and join all of the Blue Monday bloggers out there.
I've been to St. Augustine and it is one of my favorite places to visit. I felt a little bit of Florida warmth coming through your blog to cold, cold Michigan.
Oh I'm a Bathroom Viva also. Welcome to the club.
Lots of blue for you today but I just love the ducks.
Happy Blue Monday
Claudie
Ms. Magpie,I love your post today,the duck pillow is adorable but I MUST send my congratulations to Lil' Annie,she looks like such a princess upon that throne! Please warn her though to hold onto Pinky very tightly...we would NOT want Pinky to "fall in" and swim away!
Cute post....what a fun shop!
-sandy toe
Great post! Congrats fellow bathroom diva! Happy Blue Monday!
blue is actually one of my favorite colors (lighter shades of blue). i've missed visiting your blog. i think i'm getting the hang of being back to work so i may be able to start blogging more on a regular basis now. btw, i love all of the pics on your "under 21" list, so adorable!
Happy to meet the Magpie, you sound like a fun lady. Would love to join your flock! Great blog, looking forward to reading all.
Blessings, Candy
love the photos of the little blue shop.. that color blue on buildings just sends me...! Don't know why, but it does..
but your bathroom diva with the shrimp is a hoot!
happy blue monday... Dixie
Congrats to Annie! She can make a lot of shrimp salad with that thing. Love the duck pillow.
~Carlotta~
Your posts are always such fun, Sheila! I love Annie...she's a "keeper" for sure! Happy Blue Monday to ya! ♥
Great post as usual!
Happy Monday to you dear friend!
I love the blue signs and I adore Batik prints - love your cushions too - what a collection for Blue Monday. Judith
Oh doesn't Annie look so cute.... she looks pretty with the blue background.... and that duck pillow is just the sweetest ever.....
oh ... i do hope you will show your bottle tree sometime
I would love to see it....
Lovely blues....
Hugs
Linda
Pretty Blue Shopping....love the ducks! The Batik print is fantastic!!!
Happy Blue Monday, Miss Sheila :-)
Ohh I'd love to visit both of those shops...looks like two places where you could get lost in time. I love Batik prints...always thought it would be fun to make one. Never tried yet though....maybe someday! lol
At first glance I thought the sign read "W.B. Tattoo". Yikes, I need to step away from the computer. I have this fascination/disgust with tattoos, making them on my mind, perhaps.
I hope Annie does not have any tattoos! With them being so common these days, I would check her frequently. She might sneak out and get a bit of ink.
The Batik pillows are great. I am in awe of anyone who is skilled at that art form.
Happy MLK Day and Blue Monday. May your week be filled with whimsy, wonder, and well-being.
Your duck pillow is sooooooo cute! The stained glass at the shop is very pretty!
Happy Blue Monday to you :-)
What a fun Blue visit. The shop, the sign and even the door.
I did some Batik in a college art class. I wasn't good at it.
Kathy b
What cute signs! They'd sure capture my attention! She does nice work.
A great post and I fell in love with the little duck pillows. I, as you might guess, am a lover of pillows that are filled with cuteness..and, no, I haven't found a SOUTHERN pillow. I'll just keep looking...I love having 'things' to look for....
Your bathroom diva....PERFECT !!
Hi, my dear Sheilaness! Lovely shop and I adore that little duckie pillow! I think the Mama duck is saying, 'smile for the camera, baby!' lol
Now, I'm so proud to have Annie and Pinkie in our group of Divas. That add that specialness we didn't have before.
Thanks for your kindness, my dear one.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)
What a darling post Shelia. I love that little pillow and of course Annie is adorable. Happy Blue Monday!
Happy Blue MOnday Sheila
Oh I love batiste and you picked up a lovely duck pillow! I really like whimsical things also. Thats a nice cheery shop and I'm sure you had plenty of eye candy in there.
The dolly is cute too and so honoured too!
have a lovely day
Judi
San Marcos- did you see my husband in the Fitz & Floyd shop? LOL
You find & share the BEST stuff with us!
My pink Saturday is on It Could Be Worse! (I think you would get a kick out of it)
Hi Shelia LOL At first I thought that stores sign said "tattoo" ...lol! It looks like a fun shop, and I love the duck batik!
Annie looks sweet doing her job as a cheerful bathroom decoration!
Have a great day!
Hugs, Pat
Annie & Pinkie are so cute :) I really like the pillows, too - whimsical things are my favorite. Hope you have a great Monday~~{{hugs}}
Hi, everyone! I have been trapped offline for HOURS! You never realize how computer dependent you are till you are stuck trying to get on and can't! LOL!
Thank you all so much for stopping by. I'm laughing at all of your comments, particularly the ones about thinking the shop said Tattoos! LOL! And Carlotta, shhhh... please don't give Annie any ideas about Pinky. Poor Pinky would like to continue living as a Diva and not as a salad. ;-)
Much love to all of you. I'm going to try to play catch up now since my day was so rudely interrupted. I did, however, get some cleaning done. :-)
Happy Blue Monday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Thanks for sharing your trip with me; I love St. Augustine and have visited several times.
My modum was sick and my local internet company fianlly fixed it. Mr. Linky is up now; please come link in. Happy Blue Monday.
That is such a beautiful shade of blue! I've heard St. Augustine is such a quaint town, you make me want to go and visit! :)
Hi, dear Sheila, Happy Blue Monday to you! What a pretty shop that was. I hope you're doing well & staying warm in sunny FL. It's a bit chilly here today.
Great Post Mag...love your Annie Diva..hope you have a safe and great day dear friend...hugs and smiles Gloria
Thanks for stopping by my blog. Those pillows are wonderful - lots of blue eye candy. Sally
I love batik work - that's a shop I could spend a long time browsing in. And Annie and Pinky are both adorable. Happy Blue Monday!
Hi Sheila...That shop looks interesting! And I love your pillows! Of course Miss Annie and Pinky are the stars of the Bathroom Divas! Have a great day...Debbie
That shop looks like it would be really neat! Love your pillows and it does look like the ducks are talking....errr make that quacking.
YAY for the bathroom Divas!!!!! Happy Blue Monday!
Love these hops--what great places to browse!
Thank you all so much for your sweet comments, and Annie sends her love, too! I have had computer issues today, so I'm still trying to play catch up. I think I've visited all of your blogs, and I know I have enjoyed not only your comments here, but the posts I've read. :-)
After my day today, I did something reaaaaaaaaally bad. I ate waaaaaaaaaay too many cinamon rolls. I just dove headfirst into a can of them... well after I baked them, I did. ;-)
I hope you all are having a great Blue Monday!
XO,
Sheila :-)
you have whisked away to place i would very much, like to be :)
(no, not the loo LOL)
You really quack me up! Ugh, bad joke :-(
I made a beautiful batik in an art class. It was so much fun and I loved the smell of the wax. It was a wallhanging and I don't know what happened to it. Great Blue Monday pics. Made me want to go to a resort town and shop! :-)
xoxo
Jane
I love St. Augustine and the starfish pillow!
I like the duckie pillow too. The colours just grab me and lift me up.
I would like to go to that blue shop.The pillows are just too cute. Your Annie bathroom diva just cracks me up !
Love the shops! Love you! You are a rock star!
Kim
Good evening Sheila dear. I love your photos of the shops in St. Augustine and I wish I was in warm Florida on this cold NC night.
I'm so thrilled for Annie to have become a bathroom Diva and certainly Pinkie could never wind up in a shrimp salad now that she's a Diva!!
Hello and Happy Blue Monday, thank you so much for stopping by! I love your blue post and your duck pillow is so cute!
Bless You, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage
I really enjoyed your blues and am so thrilled about the Bathroom Divas. You must be so proud! Happy Blue Monday!
Sweetie
Hi Sheila, commenting at night AGAIN. My mornings are not my own these days LOL. My company will all be gone on Weds. I will miss them, but getting bsck to my usual schedule sounds like heaven right now.
Your post about the artist is very interesting. I would enjoy visiting her shop. I do love the cute pillows and they are a very original art form. Love those ducks. The mama is probably saying, "Mommy knows best."
Congratulations to Queen Annie for her bathroom diva status. Well deserved for sure!!!
Hugs...Jeanne
Hi Shelia,
The blue shop looks inviting! I visited St Augustine a few years ago, and would love to come back!
Happy Blue Monday Shelia,do you & annie never stay home LOL, glad to see you're still enjoying her, thanks for stopping by today
Helen
Love all your blues. The first ones were so pretty and the last ones so cute.
Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday and MLK Day too.
Charlotte
Good Evening! Thank you again for all of your sweet, fun, and funny comments! I loved reading them all. If any of you ever come to St. Augustine (and we're still there!), please let me know. Annie and I give guided tours, and we know shopping haunts all around Florida! ;-)
Have a great evening with the sweetest of dreams!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Love the duck pillow....and the random shrimp.
Love that doll! Neat shop girl! cherry
Sue -- random shrimp -- LOL! :-)
Cherry -- I agree... the shop is neat, and I love Miss Annie, too. :-)
Thanks for visiting!
Sweet Dreams...
XO,
Sheila
"Bathroom... diva?" Okay, I've been known to sing in the shower occasionally, but don't you think that might be reaching just a little?
Hi Sheila! I enjoyed your blue post even though I'm a day late and a dollar short :0)
Have a great Tuesday!
LOL, Mojo! They have joinined a very august group of other Bathroom Divas! If you snap your picture in a bathroom mirror (or stall), you, too, can join them! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Ellen, I didn't see you there, you, too! :-)
XO,
Sheila
Post a Comment