Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Solace: Behold, I Stand At The Door...


Revelation 3:20

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

35 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I love you (referring to Sondra's comments)
Love that door. I wonder if it has a really cool squeaky sound when you open it? Where does it lead? I think it's leading to my bed. It's midnight and my crown was hurting my head, so now it sits on my table. lol
Love Me
xo

Terrie's Lil' Piece of Serenity said...

Great post!!

Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine.
Isaiah 43:1 KJV

Hugs, Terrie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Claudie, you are SO sweet, and you deserve it! :-)

I imagine that door is leading to wonders far greater than any eye has seen or ear heard, and it is, indeed, leading to the one who gives us rest in sweet green pastures.

Sweet dreams, my friend!

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Terrie, I love it! BEAUTIFUL!

Thanks for sharing that scripture as well!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Daphine said...

Beautiful picture and perfect verse! So inspirational for me tonight...well...now early this morning.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I'm so glad, Daphine!

Sending much love to you and yours...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

Sheila...love your Sunday posts. After I downloaded your blog, I walked away to make myself something to eat, Your music filled the room as as I made and ate my sandwich. I listened to the first three beautiful songs you have, it was just magical.

Bless your heart...

xoxo
Janie

Blondie's Journal said...

P.S. If you are still awake, I just posted something very insightful (for me at least). Would love for you to be the first to read it & comment as I consider you a great friend!!

Much love,
Jane

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie,

I'm so glad! :-) I hope it blesses you because you are very special to me!

Sweet dreams...

XO,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Janie, just saw your second post, and I'm there!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Lorrie said...

Good morning dear Sheila, thank you for this post. I love this photo of the door and imagining what we will see on the other side of it some day in eternity. While we may never meet in this life, what a wonderful reunion we'll have in the next, don't you think?

SmilingSally said...

Beautiful to combine that picture with that verse! Thanks for sharing.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Morning, Ladies! Thanks so much for your sweet remarks.

Lorrie, I get goosebumps thinking about what the Lord has planned for us. And we will have eternity to get acquainted. What a joy to think about that! :-)

Sally, thanks so much! I took that picture of a gate around the corner from us in St. Augustine, and it looked like one in the Holy Land (or what I thought one in the Holy Land would look like) to me. It's an exciting thought! :-)

Have a Happy Sunday and week ahead!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

What a great door... and verse
Have a great Sunday

Unknown said...

Hi Shelia,
Love the picture and the verse!
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Diane

Anonymous said...

That's a wonderful scripture,Sheila, and I love the picture with it! I've opened that door and I'm so grateful!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Koleen said...

Just wanted to come by and personally thank you for stopping by to see me yesterday. It was my first "pink Saturday" and I enjoyed it so much. Look forward to visiting your blog often.

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Sheila!

Happy Sunday!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely post!

Blessin's♥

Anonymous said...

Sheila , this scripture says it all. Just ask is all we have to do. amazing and so easy to be the child of God.

Have a wonderful Sunday.

Hugs...Jeanne xoxo

Shell in your Pocket said...

Amen!
-sandy toe

Beth at Aunties said...

I also love this verse. I have a large picture of Christ standing by a door, hanging in our bedroom representing this verse.

Yours is a wonderful and intriguing picture! Loved it.
I am looking forward to entering though that gate. How awesome to be reunited with so many loved ones and friends.
Shelia, you are so sweet. My husband just came home from a church meeting and asked me what I was doing. I told him I was leaving a message for a true blogging friend who has a beautiful spirit... which she shares so abundantly.

Hope your Sabbath is delightful!

♥♥♥

Sue said...

What a beautiful picture of a door representing our hearts. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
Sue

Femin Susan said...

hey
very nice and historic door.you are really talented in photography.thanks for sharing.
cheers!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Evening... Susan, Diane, Shelia, Koleen, Pat, Tammy, Jeanne, Sandy, Beth, Sue and Susan!

Thanks so much for dropping by, and I loved reading all of your comments.

Susan and Diane, I'm glad you liked the verse and the photo! That's not far from our St. Augustine place! I've always loved it, and I always think about that scripture when I pass it.

Shelia, I'm so glad you have and that I have, too! :-)

Koleen, I enjoyed visiting you, and we're novices together! It was my first Pink Saturday, too! I hope you will come back, and I want to visit you again, too! :-)

Pat, thanks so much, and the same to you! XO

Thanks, Tammy, and blessings right back! :-)

Jeanne, hugs back to you, and yes, the best things in life are simple, and in this case, free for us! :-)

Sandy, I second your "Amen"!

Beth, I return the Sabbath wishes to you and hope that your day is as special as you are! I'm looking forward to that day, too, Beth. It will be glorious! XO

Sue, I'm so glad you liked it, and I wish you a Happy Sunday in return! :-)

Susan, thanks so much for the sweet compliment. I appreciate it!

Happy Sunday to all of you...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a beautiful reminder, Sheila...all we have to do is open the door. He never tires of knocking...hugs...debbie

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks, Debbie, and you're right... he doesn't. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Ms. Tee said...

Such a sweet post, Sheila - the verse & photo together gives me chills. I hope you had a good day of rest this Sunday :) Hugs!~

Anonymous said...

What a lovely image for the verse. May we all know God's peace today!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks, Ms. Tee! You are the sweetest! :-)

XO,

Sheila

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks, Susan, and I hope the Lord blesses you, too! :-)

XO,

Sheila

kymber said...

((Sheila))
Thank you for your great post. I can't wait to see what will be on the other side of that door!

It reminds me of that beautiful song by Mercy Me - "I can only imagine"
I am so glad that Jesus gives us opportunity to know Him - I truly CAN'T imagine life without Him!
Blessings to you,
Kymber

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kymber, funny that you should mention that song (don't you just love it?) because I had that song playing with the door on Sunday. :-)

Sending love to you this morning and always...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Sandi McBride said...

Doors...always a mystery...sometimes good, sometimes not so good...love the picture and the scripture. Congratulations on Post of the Day mention
Sandi

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Sandi, thank you so much for dropping by! And thanks for the high five on the mention on David's blog! He's such a sweetheart and so very talented. I also enjoyed visiting your blog. I'm sorry that your sister opened the wrong door, but I hope and pray that the next one she opens will be to the man of her dreams. We all want that for the ones we love.

I loved this gate, and every time I pass it, I think how I would like to open it and go in... hence I thought it would be a good compliment to the scripture. I'm glad I opened my own gate because it's meant the world to me. :-)

Thanks again for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come back to see me. :-)

XO,

Sheila