
Cecelia and I share the same middle name, Elizabeth, and I warned her family if they named her after me, then she would be a curious magpie type. And guess what? She is! ;-)

In the first place, she loves her toys. When she was a wee bitty, Mr. Magpie and I gave her a Kelly Rightsell frog named Hattie with whom Cecelia is inseparable...

Hattie has had to be taken to the seamstress-surgeon at the Froggy ER for stitches on numerous occasions and returned rapidly because Cecelia cannot sleep without her. Hattie knows Cecelia's secrets and is her security blanket. Oh, they've tried to part them, but it never succeeds. They even tried to bring a new "clean" frog named Lily the Ballerina on the scene, but Cecelia wasn't buying. She's nothing if not loyal to her family, friends, and frogs...
Cecelia is going to be a wonderful mother as evidenced by the scolding we got about Cubby (Mr, Magpie's childhood companion) not having a blankie on him one December night...
Of course it didn't matter that at 80 degrees Cubby was more likely to die of heat stroke. No, according to Cecelia, Cubby (who's well on the road to becoming an antique) might catch cold!
When she's not taking care of frogs and bears, you might find Cecelia dancing. While Fred Astaire may dance with a coat rack, Cecelia infinitely prefers a column as a partner...

You can always tell a dancer as they are often found posed in dance position even when they're not dancing. I know, I danced for years, and still catch myself standing in fifth position. Not quite sure what position she's in here, but trust me, only a dancer would have their foot in that position...
When she's not out dancing, you might find Cecelia decorating and redecorating her dollhouse. And she is most particular about the things inside. She even has some miniature food items, similar to what you might have seen around another magpie nest...
And heaven help anyone who deigns to rearrange something inside said doll nest! Cecelia knows where every single thing is and can tell if something has been mysteriously moved, even a quarter of an inch. You have to get up mighty early in the morning to outwit this little one...
But whether Cecelia is feeling pensive (aka pouty)...

Or precious (aka prissy)...

She brings a love and a light into our lives that is irreplaceable...

So, I'm thankful today and every day for this littlest magpie who has taught a grown bird what it means to soar all over again!

Thank you for visiting me today for Thankful Thursday which is kindly hosted by Rhondi at Rose Colored Glasses. Please join Rhondi and a host of other grateful people at her blog. You'll be ever so glad you did! :-)
Thankfully,
Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)
PS... I've had some questions I thought I would answer for you here. The photographs of Cecelia in the white dress were taken by a close friend of her family. I wish I had the name, but I'm sorry, I don't. The other photographs were taken when she and her cousin Addie were "greeting" guests at a party. There's a story there, too, but I'm not at liberty to share it. LOL! My favorite precocious pose on the sidebar was taken by Cecelia's maternal grandfather. Note that she had the other hand on her hip and was sitting cross-legged (in her dress) by the pool. It was cropped for propriety's sake. ;-) With Cecelia being ever the fashionista, I believe her dress in that shot was a Lily, but me being ever the unmade bed, I could be wrong. ;-)




44 comments:
One can only say how glorious it is that the spirit of love embraces your post today Ms QM :)...
Thank you so much, Muse! You're a sweetheart! :-)
XO,
Sheila :-)
Sheila,
I am so sorry it has been a few days since I've commented. I actually read the 2 posts previous to this TT post but didn't have a chance to comment (my laptop seems to get hijacked quite often!)
Cecelia is just a doll, I have looked at her picture many a time on your sidebar & in a recent post. She is growing up to become quite a lady and although she might not need that dollhouse for long, she will hold on to the frog forever...just watch. I can see why she is so dear to you.
I enjoyed the Stalking tour thru St. Augustine, even if it was off the beaten path. The mystery, the questions, the sly hints...will we ever learn what lies behind some of those secret gates & doors??
Finally, besides just loving the red caboose because it reminds me of the one that was on Mr. Roger's Neighborhood which took us to The Land of Make Believe...I am wondering what the heck you were doing in a dumpster?? Get back to me on that one...
xoxo
Jane
is this cute! and so nice of you to share it with us...
Gosh - she is sooo beautiful! truly adorable. you are so lucky!
loved your town stalking, and that's pretty beautiful too! It is such a cute town!
Hey - you really ARE Lucky!!!
She's precious. You are very blessed.
Judy
The girls are wonderful and the frog is so nice.
Alfazema
Cecilia is such a beautiful girl and, obviously, full of life and energy. It's easy to tell how much you adore and love her...and I'm certain she feels the same. What a special bond the two of you share! Your photos are stunning!
I loved meeting Cecelia, Sheila. She is a beautiful little girl and very blessed to have you as her Godmother.
The photographs are exquisite, and captured her spunkiness and sweetness, as well as her beauty. Did you take them, or were they professionally done?
She is an absolute DOLL! The pictures capture her perfectly....you did such a great job at describing her sweet and spunky personality too:-)
What a lovely girl with an equally lovely name!
Oh she is so pretty and I love each and every picture..some amazing shots!
-sandy toe
Good Morning -- Janie, Lara, Joni, Judy, Alfazema, April, Janie, Rachael, Cam, and Sandy! Thank you for all of your sweet comments!
Janie, I'm glad to see you! :-) I think you're right about the frog and Cecelia both! And I'm glad you enjoyed the tour! Hadn't thought about the trolley on Mr. Rogers, but you're right! LOL! And the things were actually in route to the dumpster in a box, but the dumpster was used only for dry goods. I don't think I could have gotten into one that had any sort of ick in it. LOL! ;-)
Lara, thanks! It was my pleasure!
Joni, thanks so much... she is a sweetie, and I do feel blessed, and I also appreciate the high five on the tour. St. A is pretty keen! :-)
Judy, I appreciate it, and you're right... I am blessed! :-)
Alfazema, thank you so much! They are both sweeties.
April and Janie, thanks so much! The photographs are from her family or at least the more professional ones are. A family friend did them for them. Aren't they wonderful? I wish I knew the name so I can give credit.
Rachael, thanks! She is a sweetie and SO funny. Even her "spunkier" antics have me in gales of laughter.
Cam, thanks so much! Her first name is for her aunt, and actually Sheila is a derivative of Cecelia. Her middle name is after my middle name which is a family name for many generations. :-)
Sandy, thanks so much! She is a precious little girl, and when her grandmother sent me thse pictures (some taken by a family friend), I had to share!
Thank you all so much. I will pass on your compliments to her proud grandparents and parents.
XO,
Sheila :-)
She is indeed a Godsend, Sheila. Your love for her radiates through this post...it's very touching.
Love that action shot of her twirling around the pillar!
Hi Sheila
She is a cutie! Thanks for joining Thankful Thursday!
Hugs, Rhondi
There is something about seeing the world through a child's eyes, and sharing the world with a child that makes everything so much brighter and more interesting. My kids "show me" the world in wonderful ways.
Before my Dh and I had kids, we used to "borrow" friends' kids to take them out for pizza or to a movie. I loved those "dates."
Good Morning -- Cami, Rhondi, and Fiona! Thanks for stopping by and for your sweet comments about Cecelia. I can't wait for Missy (her mom) to see the post today. She doesn't blog, but she does read them! They are wonderful to share this little one with us. And you're right, I am blessed! :-)
XO,
Sheila
She's a winner with you two for godparents!
A truly delightful post Shelia, Cecilia is adorable, I can tell how proud you all are of her and quite rightly so, wonderful photographs and delightful music too. Kathy.
She sets a very pretty table too :)
Thanks so much, Sally and Kathy! She's a mighty special girl as are all of her family. The Bible talks about friends who stick closer than brothers, and this particular family are those types of friends! There's an expression that your friends are your family you pick for yourself, and this is definitely the case here. I would pick them any day of any week! I love Cecelia even more because of how much I love her family!
XO,
Sheila :-)
what a sweet girl. It is so nice to have "little" friends to share one's time with.
Hi Sheila...
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for your visit to my place on "Trash to Treasure" Tuesday!
I really enjoyed reading your post today...your Cecelia is a darling!!! What a beautiful little girl and the photos of her are so wonderful...they really captured her spirit (by your description of her)!
Thanks again for stopping by...I'm still working on the french toile office of mine...hehe...I'm so slow but I savor the journey!
Warmest wishes...Chari
Oh, what a beautiful child. The photographs of her are wonderful too. You are blessed to have a sweet God child. Happy Thankful Thursday. Karen
P.S. I love your music.
Cecelia is absolutely beautiful! The photographs of her delightful. You can see the spunk and energy in her eyes. Oh, thank heaven for little girls!!!!!
This is my first visit to your wonderful blog. I came over from Neabears blog after reading your lighthouse comment. I have really enjoyed your virtual tour of St Augustine. It looks amazing and so beautiful. My family will be in Orlando in April and we are trying to find if we can do a day trip to St Augustine by coach. Now I have seen your pictures I definately want to go there! The pictures of Cecelia are absolutely beautiful.
Best Wishes
Lindsay
Some exceptional portraiture here! I don't know if you shot these or not, but whoever did it certainly did a marvelous job capturing this joyous and youthful spirit.
She is absolutely a beautie full of the zest of life. Her different poses brough smiles this morning. They are so precious and teach us so much about the world we seem to forget. I loved all her adorable poses, her personality shines in all.
At this moment I have a 6 year old granddaughter playing (trying to any way) our piano, a nine year old grandson playing guitar Hero and three year old quietly playing a little basketball game following a sleepover last night:)
They certainly bring joy and a bit of chaos to our lives.
I am so grateful you have her in your life to cherish, but most of all for the blessing she has, of having you in her little life.
Thanks for introducing her to us today. I enjoyed meeting your little princess!
♥♥♥
You are indeed blessed to have this sweet little girl in your life. She is beautiful inside and out. She just glows with beauty!!
Hugs, Terrie
Sheila, I loved every word you wrote about precious Cecelia. Her personality shines in every photo. How wonderful that you have her in your lives. I believe you share more than a middle name. You must be soul mates. Hattie the frog is special because she came from you.
Thank you for your ever so sweet comments about me. I hardly think I am worthy of such praise. I can and do pitch a small fit every now and again. Especially if injustice prevails. My opinion will be very verbal. LOL.
Have a great 'Thankful Thursday.'
Love Jeanne
I am picturing a far off job interview. How would you describe yourself? "Oh, that is easy. I am the curious magpie type."
What darling photos of a darling girl. She's very fortunate to be able to follow in your footsteps.
Charlotte
Just a wonderful post today Mag about this darling little girl..hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
Hi Sheila!
Cecelia is adorable! What an expressive happy child she is!
It's so nice you have such a good relationship with her and that she makes you and Mr. Magpie so happy! That is part of the goodness about being a Godparent.
Hugs, Pat
Good Afternoon, Ladies! Thanks to all of you for visiting!
Hip Chick, yes, it really is great to have little friends, too! :-)
Chari, I enjoyed visiting you on TtoT, and I look forward to visiting you again to see your office project! Thanks for the sweet comments, too. :-)
Karen, thanks so much! Glad you like the mustic, too. And I am blessed.
Darlene, thanks, and you're right... thank Heaven for little girls! :-)
Lindsay, thanks so much for visiting, and I visited you and left a message. Feel free to email me with any questions! :-)
Mojo, aren't they amazing? They were taken by a family friend of theirs. Not sure of the name.
Beth, I am, too! And you are so sweet. :-) Hope you're having fun with your grandchildren! :-)
Terrie, she does, doesn't she? She is very sparkly! And I know her mother and grandmother will enjoy all of your sweet comments. She's a treasure, and so are they! :-)
Jeanne, thanks so much, friend, and you are definitely WORTHY. :-) Hugs.
Lisa, LOL! I love that! Priceless!
Charlotte, you are sweet. She's a sweetie, and she is blessed to have the most wonderful parents and grandparents ever! I'm just so thankful they share her with me.
Gloria, thanks so much! Hugs back to you!
Pat, she is very expressive, and that's one of the things we love best about her. She's adorable and funny! And the best part is that she's an extension of two women who I love as much as I can love anyone. That's the best part of all. :-)
Hope all of you are having a great day. Again, thanks for your visits.
XO,
Sheila :-)
What a beautiful little girl Cecelia is. The photos are just lovely, but the most special thing is your love for her. Isn't God good to give us "children of the heart?"
Thanks for your sweet comment today. I greatly appreciate it.
What a cute little girl she is. How lucky you are to have her in your life :)
Hi Shelia,
I can see why you love this little magpie, she is adorable and very photogenic. I love to watch them when they play make believe, and we do need them to keep us straight.LOL...
Thank you for stopping by and your kind words,please pick up you award.
blessings,
Sue
What a charming little girl. She is adorable. But then again I'm partial to little girls...little boys, not so much.
Good Evening -- Lorrie, Jemm, Sue, and Sue! Thanks for coming by to visit tonight. :-)
Lorrie, you are so right! And I do so love "children of the heart." :-)
Jemm, it was my pleasure! And I agree, I am blessed! :-)
Sue, I couldn't agree more, and thanks so much for the award. I plan to do just that. I'm working on a time next week to post it! :-)
Sue, she is a doll. I love little girls SO much. They melt your heart. I also have a Godson (who is grown now) who was the cutest thing ever! Still is. He's a true joy, though he lives out West, and I don't see him as much as I'd like. Gotta give him his props, though. I think you'd like him, too. :-)
Thanks to everyone, and I can't wait for Missy and Adelaide to see all the sweet things you have to say about Cecelia. I know they will be as touched as I am.
XO,
Sheila :-)
What beautiful pictures of a darling little girl. We all need sweets like that in our life!
xoxo,
chasity
Thanks so much, Chasity! I just enjoyed going over to your blog, and you have some mighty cute girls, too! Thanks for the visit...
XO,
Sheila
What a precious little girl she is - and how blessed she is to have such wonderful godparents like you in her life!
Sheila,
As I get to know you - I see how big your heart is - you have such a big and beautiful heart inside of you! I feel warmth everytime I read your lovely words!
Thanks for sharing this beautiful little girl AND your heart with us today and EVERY DAY!
Blessings to you my friend!
Kymber
BEAUTIFUL PICTURES!!! FIFTH POSITION, I KNOW THAT WELL. HUGS FROM MAINE
http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/
Kymber, thanks so much. You are an angel! I return the compliment to you! :-)
Lisa, you must have taken dancing lessons, too! I love Maine, so I want to be sure I visit your blog!
Love and thanks to both of you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Post a Comment