Best of The Magpie Nest: Some of Your Favorites

Friday, January 30, 2009

Pink Saturday: In The Pink With Porky

Friday marks the beginning of a very exciting event, and I'm going to be in Central Florida, participating in it for the next few days. So I'm setting up shop for Pink Saturday a little early...



Do I detect your ears porking, oops, I mean perking up?



What, pray tell, might that event be?

Well, I'll give you a hint. It's a fundraiser for charity. And this little pink Arnold Ziffel is a symbol not only of all the money we're going to make, but of the type of fundraiser it is...



Yep, it's the Florida State BBQ Championship known as Lakeland Pig Fest! With tons and tons of teams competing and 30,000 people in attendance, you see how exciting the event is!

And this little pink bird will be judging the hospitality portion on Friday evening and counting Pig Bucks on Saturday...



And the best part is that the monies raised from this contest will go to charities such as children's literacy projects...



So even though I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get to show you my bathroom project for this Pink Saturday (oh, what fun Pink Saturday is!) I will be doing something of value for children, hence the pink pork in the post! ;-)

[This is edited on Friday night to show you something cute and pink from Pig Fest which was SO MUCH FUN tonight. You can actually see the BBQ smoke wafting in the first picture...]




And if you're out and about in Central Florida and looking for something fun to do, you might want to join us for some world-class barbecue at the Lakeland Pig Fest. If you'd like to come, you can go here for more information!

Thanks so much for visiting me at my blog, and I look forward to visiting you at yours in between counting Pig Bucks, judging booths for hospitality, and eating some world class barbecue! They're even hinting we are going to have a BIG SURPRISE GUEST! I'll let you know who later. In the mean time, be sure and drop by on Pink Saturday to visit all of the participants at Beverly's How Sweet The Sound. There's lots of pink goodness waiting to greet you! :-)



Pigging out,


Mrs. Magpie (Sheila)

125 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun event and pink post (Green Acres music included)! Enjoy all that "pigging out" :D

Southern Lady said...

I love your little pink polka dot pig, Sheila ...

What a fun way to raise money for worthwhile charities. I hope you have a good time and get to count lots of "Pig Bucks!"

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun:-)

Have a great time and come back and tell us all about it!

Cheers ~

Rachael "-)

April said...

Oh, I love me some barbeque!!! Eat some for me, will ya? Hey, if Tim McGraw just happens to be the surprise guest...snap his picture and send it my way...PRETTY PLEASE!!! LOL!

Have lots of fun and I can't wait to read all about it! :)

LADY JANE said...

Oh...my dear Magpie...what FUN...and a pink porker to boot! I so wish I could come and partake...
Doesn't it feel great when you get to do charity events? It always makes my heart sing....
As does visitng your blog...YOU always make my heart sing...for we are like to little Piggies in a Fabric Poke...
And...lol...stop by between all that counting....lol...you will enjoy my lil' post(keeping a watchful eye on you)..it has to do with FABRIC!
NEABEAR...got me covered? lol....

Tara said...

Sheila

Great event and a fun time for you..in the warm sunshine. OK, I am officially jealous as I layer on one more turtleneck!

Have a great time!

:0)
Tara

supplies overflowing! said...

Hi Sheila!
I won't be in Central Florida this weekend (boohoo) but it sounds like fun-
Thanks for the good laugh your post offered me this morning - Haven't heard this song in many, many years!
Have a great weekend!
Jenny

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

That sounds like so much fun! And for a great cause. I wish I could be there. Can't wait to hear all about it.
Hugs,
Penny

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Ladies... Thanks so much for your visit and your well wishes! I'm racing in to say, "Hello," before I get going on a mass of things I have to do to get ready for PigFest.

Cam, I plan to do just that and "pig out" LOL! :-)

Janie, glad you like my piggy bank. I have them in different colors for different denominations of change... that way I can try and keep the change straight! And thanks for the "Pig Bucks" wishes! :-)

Rachael, I'll be sure and do just that! And I promise to behave myself and not shout sooooooouuuuuuuuueeee one time! ;-)

April, I can pretty well promise you it won't be Tim... I think it might be more on the "BBQ" side of the equation, but you never know... :-)

Jane, we are little piggies in a fabric poke! LOL! If only I had some piggy fabric to make a piggy outfit to wear! LOL! :-)

Tara, I'm thinking we're going to be layering up, too, as it is going to be in the 50's tonight. The rain, however, is slated to stop before the judging begins! :-)

Jenny, you are more than welcome for the laugh. Glad to oblige!

Penmy, thanks! Will do! :-)

Thanks, ladie, for as usual, you've made my day! Blessings to you as you go about yours...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yay, my first pink Saturday visit. I love getting a head start I love that pig and I wish I could share the feast in Lakeland. Alas, it is not to be.

Have the most wonderful time and eat enough for me too. The charity is the best part. A great cause, our children!!!

Love and hugs...Jeanne

Anonymous said...

Delightful to see pink on Friday. Pink is wonderful any day. How nice you can attend this wonderful event.
Happy Pink Porky Day.
Charlotte

Lorrie said...

Oh Sheila what a fun event for such great charities. I hope you have a super time and that the Pig Bucks just come rolling in. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Lindsay-ann said...

I hope you are enjoying the Lakeland Pig Fest. It sounds a very worthwile cause and I look forward to hearing all about it.
Thank you for your kind offer to answer any questions about Florida. I will be e-mailing you over the weekend.
Best Wishes
Lindsay

~CC Catherine said...

What a great cause and I actually made my grandson a blue polka dotted piggie that looks identical to yours at a Clay My Way here in the Atlanta area this past year. How sweet... ~CC

SmilingSally said...

I hope you have a blast. The weather's supposed to get a bit chilly this weekend, so I hope that this is not bad timing.

Ms. Tee said...

Wow, 30,000?! That sounds like so much fun, Sheila - can't wait to see all your pictures and hear about it! :) {{hugs}}

Darlene said...

Oh, that sounds like a MOST fabulous time!!! If I was in Florida I would LOVE to be there! Have FUN!

Emily said...

That sounds fantastic!! Living in Kansas you can't live without KC BBQ. Sounds like a wonderful organization too. Thanks again for your comforting comments yesterday and today.

Picket said...

Girl I would love to be there for the BBQ..Hope it goes better than anyone expects and that you raise lots of money for such a worthy cause..thanks for the invite to come to Florida and visit with you but I never have looked good in a thong and I can't go in ocean water after seeing JAWS!!!!!! lol lol Have a great weekend sweetie! ♥

Kathy said...

I hope you are enjoying your day Shelia, as much as I am enjoying your post and your music lol, thank you so much for your lovely comment, I can see I will be spending a lot of time over here catching up on your older posts as well as the new ones, have fun and I look forward to all the photos
:-) Kathy, Hello to Mr Magpie.

Kim @ Forever Wherever said...

Have fun and I love the quilt!

Little Cecelia is such a cutie!
-Kim

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Evening -- Jeanne, Charlotte, Lorrie, Lindsay, CC, Sally, Ms. Tee, Darlene, Jemm, Dot, Kathy, and Kim! I loved coming home and getting to read all of you comments!

Well, it was a fun judging night, but I'll report in later. I posted some pics tonight of some pink piggies! LOL!

Jeanne, it was wonderful, and I "pigged out." LOL! I ate enough for you, me, and the rest of us! LOL!

Charlotte, thanks! It was a lot of fun!

Lorrie, I had a great time tonight, and there was a BIG TIME COOKING celebrity there. There was a good band, too. We left early because I have to work again tomorrow. Will report on the "mystery guest" later. :-)

Lindsay, thanks! And I look forward to hearing from you! :-)

CC! I have a blue polka dot one, too! LOL! What a neat coincidence! :-)

Sally, the weather was great! It worked out just fine, and it was chilly but fun! :-)

Ms. Tee, it was packed tonight, and they kept on coming! It's not even the official big event... tomorrow is! But there were lots and lots of folks there, and they were all having fun. I got some pictures of a few things. My camera didn't want to cooperate. But I got cute pigs which I posted in this post!

Kathy, I really had a fun night! I got some pictures, but I really hope to get more tomorrow in the daylight. Got some cute pink piggies, though. LOL!

Kim, thanks so much for your sweet comments about the quilt and Cecelia! Love your blog, and I want some of that cute coffee! :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Sheila, what fun! What music! Hope your PigFest raises oodles of money for charity. Happy Pink Saturday!

All the best, Lana

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thanks so much, Lana! I enjoyed reading your Pink Saturday post, too! Lovely photographs and such a special message to us. :-)

XO,

Sheila

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

What a wonderful thing you are doing to help others..great job Mag..we need more people like you in this world..Happy PS to you and make lots of $$$...hugs and smiles have a safe trip..Gl♥ria

Denise K. said...

Oh what fun!!! Have a wonderful and safe trip, I'll be thinking about you!!! LOVE your music too...it's soooo cheerful and made me smile!!! Happiness to you and have a great weekend! :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

Sheila,

I knew you were doing a charity this weekend but I didn't know it was so mouthwatering!! Wish I were there!! ;-)

Love all the pink pigs and hope & pray for success in your efforts to raise $$ for the literacy program!!

I am going to take a guess at the surprise guest. The all time favorite barbeque king-BOBBY FLAY!!

If I am wrong I will swear off pork for a month!!

Best to you & all your hard work!!

xoxo & Happy Pink Saturday! :-)

Jane

Martha said...

What a fun way to raise money for charity. LOVE the pigs!

My name is Riet said...

LOve your pink pigs. Happy pink Saturday

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Morning, Ladies! I'm so glad you dropped by, and thanks for all of the well wishes on the fundraiser! I'm going in a little later than I thought this morning, but I'm up early to do Pink Saturday! :-)

Gloria, it was so much fun last night. Thanks for the well wishes!

Janie, I will be sure and let you know who it is. LOL! :-)

Martha, it really was fun last night. I enjoyed being a hospitality judge! I like welcoming people. :-)

Riet, thanks and Happy Pink Saturday to you and to all who are participating!

XO,

Sheila :O)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, and Denise! I'm taking a page out of your book! I just read your post, and I think it's wonderful!

XO,

Sheila... the pink pigs send their love to all of you! :0)

Sondra Behne' said...

I will be back to hear all about it. Good Luck to you all

Jenny said...

I lvoe pigs!! I collect flying ones so I "squealed" hehehe! When I saw your post!! Happy Pink Saturday and what a great way to spend your weekend!

Kris said...

awwww' What a cute pig. The green acres music was too funny.

I hope you have a very successful charity event. I'm sure it will be a blast.

Happy PS

Kris

kymber said...

Hi Sheila,
Sounds like so much fun - and tasty too!

I can almost imagine the wonderful aromas wafting in the beautiful Florida air!

I wish I could be there to revel in the warmth and eat all of that good food! What a great event and such a worthwhile cause! Be sure to let us know how it all turned out for you.
Have lots of fun!
Blessings,
Kymber

LADY JANE said...

Love the addition to your post...hope you are having LOTS of fun!

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

You came to visit very early today..sorry...my pink post is up now.

Yours is so fun!

~ Gabriela ~

Unknown said...

Just Darling Pink piggys!

Happy Pink! Lorena

Jorgelina said...

I love your little pink.
Very pretty blog I invite to you to happen to mine when you like. I have translator. Greetings from Argentina. Happy pink Saturday!

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

Looks like a fun event ~ love all of those pigs...ha!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sheila
Wha a great Pink Saturday Post. It looks like its going to be a lot of fun and for a good cause. I sure wish I could be there!!
Enjoy and take more pictures to share.
We'll wait to see you Bathroom renovations soon.
have a lovely day
Judi

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Oh, Sheila... I love all of your pink pigs!! But I nearly fell off my chair when I saw "The Little Fur Family"! It was always one of my favorite books! Didn't you just love that teeny weeny bug-sized bear? I don't know what it is about dressing up little animals in outfits that makes me go Awwww! I love this post...Debbie

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Sheila,
I love the sweet little piggy bank. I think pigs are so cute. My youngest child loves them too.
Wishing you a great fund raiser for you. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Katie said...

Bless your heart for helping! Have bunches of fun and make lotsa charity money!

sweetmemorymakingmom said...

Hello Magpie, Thank you for stopping by. I would take Florida right now over Connecticut!!!! IT is cold and EVERYTHING has a layer of ice on it!

Happy Pink Saturday. Love the post...funny and cute. My favorite are those sweet children's books. What a great time it sounds like you will have at the PIG FEST...I bet there will be some yummy eats. I hope you raise a lot of money! pink hugs, Ellen

Anonymous said...

Very nice array of PINK today...I am participating but didnt get my name in on time...shame on me!!
Have a wonderful weekend!

Love the BBQ cooker...we do that alot here but not on anything quite that fancy!! LOL

gbloom studio said...

Great post! I love your polka dot pink pig! Happy Pink Saturday!
Gina

Anonymous said...

Great pinks! The BBQ pig is very original....
happy pink saturday

Vintage To Chic said...

good Morning Sheila, Know you will have a great time today and hope you raise lots of money, The song is so app.
Hugs.
Judy

Anonymous said...

Holy Flying Pisg Sheila!
Let me just get up and take a walk to the BBQ with you. OH I wish I could. Looks like a whole bunch of fun. Great fun raiser, great spirits, and I have a feeling Miss Piggy will be attending as the surprise guest.
Love Claudie
oxoxox

Lori Lynn said...

Love the piggy bank! Happy PS!

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Sounds like a fun event, wish I were there. Cute little pink pig too.. Have a fun day.

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

Sounds like a fun event, wish I were there. Cute little pink pig too.. Have a fun day.

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic event. I wish you all the best. Bring home the bacon.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Sat!!!

How I wish I was with YOU and the Piggies in beautiful Fla at a Bar-B-Que fundraiser!!! I think I can smell that wonderful smoke all the way up and over here in Missouri! (Of course, we are used to LOTS of yummy bar-b-que smoke around here!).

Love your little bank and the great smokers you shared!!! Have fun--and raise LOTS of money.

Dana

LvPoohBr2 said...

I wish I lived in FL so I could come to your Pig Fest! Happy Pink Saturday!!

Kathleen said...

Oh I love BBQ. Of course, living in Maine, we don't even know how to do it correctly. I wish I could go. LOve your pig parade. Makes me squeel with delight....hugs, XO Kathleen

The Muse said...

You feel me with amazement and adoration! :) What a marvelous event to be involved in... :)

It simply PIGGYLICIOUS ! LOL :)

Go my dear, cast your face to the BBQ winds, waltz across the stage of the event, head held high, take that moment of anticipated pause...and then in a clear and resonant voice that Helen Hayes herself would cry to have....

Cry out "Weee weee...WEEEEEE...."
and do it all the way home! :)
LOL LOL

I hope you all raise MILLIONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Wish I could be in Fla - it would be much warmer. I love the song - haven't heard that in years, but somehow remembered every word.

Good luck on your pig fundraiser!

Deanna said...

Hi Sheila!
I loved Arnold! And how fitting that I just finished watching an episode of Green Acres!

Have a great Saturday!
Deanna :)

Fleur de Bee said...

What a DARLING "Piggy" bank! LOL! My daughter has a similar one dressed up as a ballerina! How fitting eh! I love that book...the Velveteen Rabbit! A childhood favorite!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Kathleen Ellis said...

PINK PIGS...how PRECIOUS!
Happy Pink Saturday...have fun in FL!
;-D

Dixie said...

I love the pink pigs... and what a wonderful charity... the gift of books and reading is, to me, one of the most important gifts we can give. It is a gift that will be with them for the rest of their lives... how absolutely wonderful!

bunches of hugs.. Dixie

Unknown said...

Perfect post for Pink Saturday Superbowl weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a nice lady you must be and having fun too.Quite an inteesting post.Very fun.You did good!
and my dsh usually just throws stuff together.This frame he messed up a couple of times.Thats why I HAD to paint it.Men!!!!!!They're all the same.haha...Ann

♥Mimi♥ said...

You know, pink piggies never really gave me much of a fit, but lately they are popping up all over and now...well, now I'm kinda getting to the point where I want one!

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Good luck to you on your fund raiser...what a wonderful thing todo for charity and fun too....and I love your little pink piggie...
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Stephanie said...

Lucky you!! Just the mention of BBQ is making me hungry!! Have a wonderful time, then come back and tell us all about it.

Happy Pink Saturday!

Stephanie

Betty said...

Oh how fun! I don't have to tell you to have a happy pink weekend because it sounds like you already are!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love the pink pig! A fun post on this Pink Saturday. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandy~Romantique Inspirations~ said...

My husband and I just watch a big event on tv barbecuing pork. It was some kind of contest between quite a few contestants. I was very hungry afterwards. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Have a great Pink Fest! Enjoyed hearing the theme song from "Green Acres" again after all this time. One of my fav TV programs. Thanks for dropping by mine.

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Oh my goodness. I would give anything to live close enough to come... go forth have fun and raise lots of monies.. These are just too cute... hugs ~lynne~

ellen b. said...

Oh girl I can almost smell the BBQ How fun and all for a good cause. I could pork out for that!!

Lynda said...

Sheila, Happy 'Pink Saturday'!

Much success with your fundraiser. I hope your little piggy is stuffed to the end of his tail after the event is said and done! Such a worthy cause.

Beth at Aunties said...

The 'Pig Fest' sounds like lots of fun and a great project of love. I too hope you make lots of "PIG BUCKS" for children's literacy projects... and other wonderful charities!
It also sounds delicious:) I also hope the weather is wonderful and you can enjoy yourself.

One Shabby Old House said...

What a wonderful event that you are involved in. Sounds yummy too.
I wish that I had known earlier as we love barbque..There is not enough of it around these parts.
Hope you are staying warm and have a sandwich for me please.
Hugs
BEcky

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

What a fun post to wake up to! And it even has the appropriate music to accompany it! Sounds like a wonderful event. I love the pink Arnold piggy!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Prim Rose Hill ©2008-2020 said...

Hi Sheila! Love your pink piggy! Happy PS!
Hugs,
Sheri~~Prim Rose Hill

Short and Sweet said...

Have a wonderful time in Florida and thanks for posting such adorable pink photos of the pig, children's books and the bird.
Enjoy~~~
Loretta

Sit-N-Chat said...

Too cute. LIttle piggies are pink.
Hope you re having fun in FL.
I'll be back.

Jennfier

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Oh wow, what fun! I'm hungry already (sorry little piglet)

Cute post.

Jillian

bj said...

I love these worthwhile charities for fund raising...
Such a cute post!!

gina said...

Good Luck. sounds like fun I live in sarasota and I have never been to that BBQ event. happy Pink Saturday

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY Sheila!

Boy, oh boy, I wish I was in Central Florida at the pig fest with you! Mmmmmm.....and it's all for a great cause!
The pig BBQ is so cute!
I wonder who the surprise guest will be?

Anonymous said...

What a fun event! Have a great time and show us your Pink Bathroom next week! We can't wait! Happy Pink Saturday!
Erin :)

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com/fairiemoom/

RobinfromCA said...

How fun! And, a project near and dear to my little pink heart - children's literacy! Good job little pink piggy! Pork out and bring in those Pig Bucks for the kids! Let us know who the "special guest" is. With the Superbowl there this year, maybe it will be a big football star!

Thanks for stopping by this morning!

Happy Pink Saturday,
Robin

Sandi said...

Oh my I would LOVE to be in Florida or anywhere in the south these days! It is freezing up here in Michigan! Cute little pink piggy! Happy PS!!!!!
Blessings!

Sandi said...

Oh my I would LOVE to be in Florida or anywhere in the south these days! It is freezing up here in Michigan! Cute little pink piggy! Happy PS!!!!!
Blessings!

Theresa @ Take A Sentimental Journey said...

Oh shoot Sheila, I wished I lived closer. Because I would surely be there !I like that little piggy bank.

Loretta said...

Truly I wish I WAS in Central Florida. Lucky you! What a cute pink pig. I just noticed that you have 90 comments. How do you ever get to read them all? Happy Pink Day! This is a lot of fun...

Anonymous said...

DEAR MS. MAGPIE,
YOU ARE JUST FLYING ALL OVER THE PLACE. THANK YOU FOR STOPPING BY MY BLOG...IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A WORLD OF FUN AND THEN TO HAVE IT BENEFIT SO MANY PEOPLE...WONDERFUL
BLESSINGS
debbie

Four Paws and Co said...

Great post & I loved your pink Arnold! Happy PINK Saturday! ♥ Diane

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Awesome Pink Post!!! Love all the pigs, really like that last one, so cute!! Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day and enjoy all the pork!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

You visited my blog today for Pink Saturday - before my post was up- come back and register for my Pink Give Away!

Bernideen at http://bernideensteatimeblog.blogspot.com/

VERY CUTE POST AND VERY CREATIVE!

Mary said...

Have a wonderful time "pigging out"! I'm envious...would love some southern bar-b-que!
Happy Pink Saturday!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Evening -- looks like I missed a party! I sure wish all of you could have been at Pig Fest today! I worked an afternoon shift (I got to go in later and stay later) which was nice.

Warm good wishes to the following people who dropped by when I was pigging around today -- Sondra, Jenny, Kris, Kimber, Lady Jane, Gabriella, Lorena, Jorgelina, K & K, Judi, Debbie, Bobbie Jo, Katie, Ellen, Tammy, Gina, Marina, Judy, Claudie, Llyn, Vera, Dana, Syndee, Kathleen, Muse, Caren, Deanna, Molly, Kathleen, Dixie, Lady Lynn, Ann, Mimi, Mo, Stephanie, Betty, Sandi, Sandra, Plant Buddy, Lynne, Ellen, Lynda, Beth, Becky, Stephanie, Sheri, Loretta, Jennifer, Jillian, BJ, Gina, Pat, Erin, Robin, Sandi, Theresa, Loretta, Debbie, Diane, Sherrie, Bernideen, and Mary!


I just read EVERYONE'S comments to me, and I thank you all so much! :-) You are so sweet to send your well wishes for the fundraiser and for me to have fun (which I did) and kind thoughts about everything. I wish all of you could have been there because it really was a fun event! The weather was PERFECT. The Chamber of Commerce couldn't have ordered any better! I just want everyone to have good weather, so I'm sending all of you warm weather wishes. :-)

I'm going to report on Outdoor Wednesday who the surprise guest was. I will give you a hint...Pat is going to love it. Now you have to dig through the comments and see who Pat is. ;-) LOL!

And Claudie, I'm sorry it wasn't Miss Piggy! And Robin, it wasn't a football star, though I wouldn't doubt it if some of the Detroit Tigers might have dropped by as it was at Tigertown Stadium (where they have spring practice). But that's not it either. You guys will have to keep guessing. LOL!

I am going to return to the blogs that I posted on before your Pink Posts were up (Gabriella and Bernideen, you both mentioned I missed your pink posts... so I will head over in a few). And Jorgelina you invited me to yours, and I will certainly visit. I always try to visit everyone who visits here, and I plan to do just that. :-)

I was interested to read how many of you love pigs, love BBQ, love books, and love Green Acres! LOL! That Arnold Ziffel was such a hoot! I love animals, and he was one of my favorite animal actors.

And Gina, Sarasota isn't that far, and I plan to come see your wallpaper the next time I'm there! Years ago, I lived in Lakeland and used to go the beauty shop in Sarasota! I had a stylist right downtown who is now retired. Becky, I wish I had posted about this sooner. Sorry. But if you want to go next year, it's always the LAST weekend in January. So plan on going next year. You aren't that far away. Admission was free so the only cost is the BBQ. :-)

I will tell you that the Atlanta Rhythm Section played last night, and they were hopping!

I'm going to go on blog rounds, so again, let me say thank you so much for visiting me, and I enjoyed (and will enjoy) visiting all of YOU! :-)

XO,

Sheila... who thinks this fundraiser was a big success, and as Lisa said brought home the bacon! :0)

Dawn said...

Have fun at your Q! Happy PS!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Dawn, thanks for visiting! I got back a little earlier this evening and had a great time! :-)

Debbie, I forgot to say that I love "The Little Fur Family," too, for all the same reasons as you! :-)

XO,

Sheila

alicesg said...

Oh so cute, I had a pink piggy bank too. Happy Pink Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Good for you for participating in an event to benefit such a wonderful cause.

Happy Pink Saturday, Sheila.

Anonymous said...

Everything is darling! I do love the pink pig and bird towards the top of your post. :o)

Betty said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. Hope you make lots of pig bucks for charity. Enjoyed the pigs. Happy Pink Saturday!

Elaine said...

What a cute pink piggy post. Try to say that 3 times!

Love the pig on the blanket. LOL

Enjoy your trip and it's nice to meet you.

Jil~Say It With Roses said...

What fun! And my mouth was watering at the end! Oh to go to a bar-b-que! With zero degree weather and eighteen inches of the white stuff it will be a while!

HAPPY PINK SATURDAY!
Jil

Sugarplum Cottage said...

Those are some pigs, I especially like the lighted pig. Love your blog. Hugs, Rosemarie

Lara said...

sounds like a delicious event :)!

Linda said...

Your BBQ fund raiser sounds like so much fun! I enjoyed all your porky pictures and your music too! Happy Pink saturday!

a Pocket Angel said...

Shelia, Hope your funraiser went well!
Blessings ~Mary~ ;-}

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Morning -- Alicesg, Beverly, Joy, Betty, Elaine, Jil, Rosemarie, Lara, Linda, and Mary -- I appreciate so much each of you visiting!

Alice -- So neat to read that you had a piggy bank like that, too. Hopw your Saturday went well!

Beverly -- Thanks, it was fun and even better, successful! Thank you for hosting today! :-)

Joy -- Glad you like my bird and pig! :-)

Betty, glad you enjoyed them, and I think the fundraiser went very well, thanks! :-)

Elaine -- LOL! about the Pig on the Blanket! :-) And the tongue-twister. Hope you enjoyed your first PS!

Jil, I wish you could have been there, too! :-)

Rosemarie, That lighed pig was funny, and he was enveloped in BBQ smoke from time to time! :-)

Lara, it was indeed! :-)

Linda, thanks so much! I didn't realize I had set my Sunday post to roll, and I came on here to that plus "Green Acres"! LOL!

Mary, it did, thanks! :-)

Many thanks to all of you for visiting and for all of your sweet comments! You have made my day! :-)

XO,

Sheila :-)

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Sheila, this is a wonderful post. I love all things pink. I hope to see your finished bathroom...soon? Anyhoo, we love barbecue too!
Blessings,
Debbie

Jessica said...

What a wonderful cause!

Happy Pink Saturday! I just love the pigs~ too cute.

Hugs~ J

Chloe Patricia said...

Sheila - I love the pink piggy bank the best, he is so cute! Thank you for sharing and happy Pink weekend. Chloe Patricia

My Artful Heart said...

I LOVE your little pink, polkadotted piggy....say that 5 times fast...lol

Enjoy your pink week!

Amy @ My Artful Heart

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

Oh my goodness, I collected piggies for years. I'm over it now, but it was a nice little memory jogger for me. Have a lovely time at your event!

Judy

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

Hi Sheila

I hope you are having fun "pigging" out this weekend!

Susan

JudyBug said...

What a fun post! Love the last metal pink with the long eyelashes. Too cute!

Rue said...

Sweet Sheila!! I have MISSED you!!

I hope you have a wonderful time at the pig fest and that they raise LOTS of money. It sounds wonderful :)


MUCH love,
rue

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Good Evening -- Debbie, Jessica, Chloe, Amy, Judy, Susan, Judy Bug and Rue! Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving me your sweet comments! I really appreciate it!

Debbie, I hope, hope, hope the same thing! LOL! Will share, though, during and after! :-)

Jessica, thanks, and I'm glad you like my pigs, too! :-)

Chloe Patricia, I'm glad you enjoyed, and my piggy bank says THANKS! :-)

Amy, I tried, and I couldn't. LOL! That's hard! ;-)

Judy, what did you do with all of them? Enquiring minds and all that... ;-)

Susan, thanks, I did! :-)

Judy Bug, that's the one I like best, too! The lashes just stopped me in my tracks. They screamed, "Take my picture," and I obliged. :0)

Rue, I've missed your terribly, and I'm so glad you're all moved in! I love the house, and I know it will be perfect. I'm so very happy for you, my sweet friend! :-)

Thanks again everyone for dropping by to visit! Have a wonderrul week to come...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Sheila,
Love the Pink Polka-dotted pink...I love it! happy Pink...katherinellen

Pink Slippers said...

So many cute PINK things!

Jeanie said...

These are wonderful! Happy belated PS!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi there -- Kat, Wendy, and Jeanie!
I appreciate your visits and your comments as well. Hope all of you had a great Pink Saturday and are having a beautiful week this week. Sending warm wishes your way...

Happy PS to you, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Anonymous said...

Ooooo, I loved your piggies.They're so sweet..and I loved your Blue Monday as well. How beautiful. So happy belated Pink Saturday and Blue Monday..have a lovely week.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Thank you so much, CC! You, too!

XO,

Sheila :-)